When CYL3 comes around, who will you guys vote for?

Gregster101

It'll obviously be Eirika x7 because I want to see a Brave Eirika (will she be a staff user or an armor? Either way I'd whale for her if I had money to spare). If she wins CYL3 then I'll start thinking on supporting units that aren't in the game yet.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming a CYL3 even happens to begin with, I'd split my votes between Leo and Cordelia again...if either one had a legit chance of winning a Brave alt. Therefore, I'd be better off throwing all votes behind Camilla because I enjoy watching the world burn she's a favorite who actually has a shot. As a bonus, I'd also be hurting Eirika's chances of winning by going with that plan.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Assuming a CYL3 even happens to begin with, I'd split my votes between Leo and Cordelia again...if either one had a legit chance of winning a Brave alt. Therefore, I'd be better off throwing all votes behind Camilla because I enjoy watching the world burn she's a favorite who actually has a shot. As a bonus, I'd also be hurting Eirika's chances of winning by going with that plan.

That's kind of petty honestly.

13 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Umm.... what about Cordelia since you do have the image of Cordelia in your profile icon or do you think she might have enough alts since she has the Bridal and the Summer alt?

For now I'm kind of content with Cordelia alts though I would not mind if she got more alts.

5be69bb2-1be4-46d2-9d58-b08762fe6b05.thumb.png.df859851419169d9aad1bd9e25b01c51.png

If Caeldori is already in the game: 1.Marth
                                                             2.Micaiah
                                                             3.Marth
                                                             4.Micaiah
                                                             5.Sigurd
                                                             6.Micaiah/Eirika/Marth
                                                             7.Micaiah/Eirika/Marth
The vote six and seven are dependent by the interim results.

17 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Don't think of it as a waste. Micaiah deserves all the love she can get. Also, a large vote might convince IS that Tellius is popular within the fandom. Just like how within the first year of the game, Tellius got three banners which is probably because of Ike's popularity. 

Oops, That was mostly poor wording on my part. Lol. It won't be a waste obviously. I would happily rally my girl to victory. 

6 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

That's kind of petty honestly.

Yeah...except it’s not. It would be if I didn’t give the slightest shit about Camilla and was only doing it to spite Eirika, but that isn’t the case. Hurting Eirika’s chances is, again, just a bonus for me, not my entire reason for voting Camilla.

For my first 4 votes I choose characters still not in the game:

1. Tanith because she is the last waifu still missing. I love her too much, she needs to come and power-creep Elincia, Laegjarn and Caeda.

2. Naesala who is my favorite beast unit. Velouria is second but she probably doesn't need my help.

3. Charlotte. She got really high in CYL2 because people wanted her and that didn't happen, so she might do even better this time. If a miracle happens and she gets top 20 in the mid-term results I will scream and throw my other votes at her too. If Farfetched Heroes 3 is the only way for her to pull a Owain and be on a banner I will make it happen.

4. Not set in stone. I was thinking of Malice who is a really cool character not affected by split votes for Archanea, or Petrine who really should come as a PoR GHB. But those don't exist apparently.

For my last three votes I will see if a favorite of mine (like Leo, Camilla, Reinhardt, Laevateinn, ecc.) is really high in the mid-term results and rally for them. Assuming Charlotte isn't in the top 20, and makes me rally for her.

It's weird, but I find really hard to predict who will win this time. Eliwood will probably get a lot of votes from Hector/Lyn fans. Alm will get votes from Celica fans. Eirika will get votes from Ephraim fans. Bruno or another OC will get the votes of the Veronica crowd. Shadow Dragon Marth will get lots of votes as a consequence of almost winning last year. Micaiah will get votes from the Tellius people which are rightfully pissed. I think the pissed Binding Blade players will just vote for their faves but they might rally for Lilina.

Finally, I think people are sleeping on Chrom, Azura and Camilla's chances. They all received lots of alts already, and an alt screwed over Eirika last time, but I think newer fans are more likely to be really loyal to their favorite character, no matter what. This is shaping to be a really unpredictable competition.

I can't wait!! ;D

5 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

For my first 4 votes I choose characters still not in the game:

1. Tanith because she is the last waifu still missing. I love her too much, she needs to come and power-creep Elincia, Laegjarn and Caeda.

2. Naesala who is my favorite beast unit. Velouria is second but she probably doesn't need my help.

3. Charlotte. She got really high in CYL2 because people wanted her and that didn't happen, so she might do even better this time. If a miracle happens and she gets top 20 in the mid-term results I will scream and throw my other votes at her too. If Farfetched Heroes 3 is the only way for her to pull a Owain and be on a banner I will make it happen.

4. Not set in stone. I was thinking of Malice who is a really cool character not affected by split votes for Archanea, or Petrine who really should come as a PoR GHB. But those don't exist apparently.

For my last three votes I will see if a favorite of mine (like Leo, Camilla, Reinhardt, Laevateinn, ecc.) is really high in the mid-term results and rally for them. Assuming Charlotte isn't in the top 20, and makes me rally for her.

It's weird, but I find really hard to predict who will win this time. Eliwood will probably get a lot of votes from Hector/Lyn fans. Alm will get votes from Celica fans. Eirika will get votes from Ephraim fans. Bruno or another OC will get the votes of the Veronica crowd. Shadow Dragon Marth will get lots of votes as a consequence of almost winning last year. Micaiah will get votes from the Tellius people which are rightfully pissed. I think the pissed Binding Blade players will just vote for their faves but they might rally for Lilina.

Finally, I think people are sleeping on Chrom, Azura and Camilla's chances. They all received lots of alts already, and an alt screwed over Eirika last time, but I think newer fans are more likely to be really loyal to their favorite character, no matter what. This is shaping to be a really unpredictable competition.

I can't wait!! ;D

The female side will be a completely mess, and the only think we can say for sure, it's this winner will be a previous Top 10 Character. (Eirika, Azura, Camilla, Nino, Micaiah, Corrin, Tharja)

The male side will be pretty much a fight between Alm and Marth; with the latter being the runner-up... Reinhardt (which would be funny), Eliwood and Chrom would try to fight for the second place.

Edited by Troykv

What do you guys think of what they did with CYL2?  They told us the placings mid way through voting.  I think that influenced the outcome, and doubtless would influence it if they do it again this time.  See in the beginning we vote for our favorites, sure some may vote for people they think that could 'realistically win' but many will just vote for who they want the most.  However when the halfway point comes around, then we see who has a real shot at winning.  It likely shifts many people to vote for someone they really want among the top ranking candidates (top 5 male, top 5 female) rather than their personal favorites.

Brave Myrrh would be on a Horse but she would be able to fly too (so move 3 spaces ignore terrain) wielding a lance like her beloved big bro Ephraim.  

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

What do you guys think of what they did with CYL2?  They told us the placings mid way through voting.  I think that influenced the outcome, and doubtless would influence it if they do it again this time.  See in the beginning we vote for our favorites, sure some may vote for people they think that could 'realistically win' but many will just vote for who they want the most.  However when the halfway point comes around, then we see who has a real shot at winning.  It likely shifts many people to vote for someone they really want among the top ranking candidates (top 5 male, top 5 female) rather than their personal favorites.

Brave Myrrh would be on a Horse but she would be able to fly too (so move 3 spaces ignore terrain) wielding a lance like her beloved big bro Ephraim.  

It would be great if they could do it daily in my opinion. It would be easier for the community to rally behind strong contenders early on. While I prefer Camilla over Veronica, it was nice seeing an original character winning.

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

What do you guys think of what they did with CYL2?  They told us the placings mid way through voting. 

They showed the midterm rankings on the first CYL, as well. It's essentially a precedent at this point. 

Nothing will change my vote. If he's not in the game yet, I will vote for Kent each time.

However, if a miracle occurs, I'll go for:

Geoffrey - RD because blue armour beats light green

Volug - Hot RD wolf I'd love to learn more about

Reyson - It's a crime he's not in the game

Sleuf - Good looking priest I want to know more about from Thracia. We haven't had any male healers added since Lucius v.v

Rifis - Rogue from Thracia. He should have been added with the first banner imo >.<

Wolf - We need an actual bow cav in the game and he is my favourite. SD or NMotE doesn't bother me too much since his appearance doesn't change, although I would possibly prefer the latter for his thoughts on what Hardin has become..

Cormag - Best guy from SS and it's still a crime to me he wasn't added on the last SS banner instead of some stupid alt >.<

I'll give each of these guys a vote, providing they're also not in the game. Kent will take priority, though.

I'll be once again putting all votes to Azura despite being a popular choice that has no chance. Although I am tempted to vote for Camilla & Eirika just out of spite.

I would try to help Marth but I'm pretty sure it's a given that Marth will win considering how badly IS screwed the actual 2nd place winner of CYL 2. Assuming IS doesn't do anything incredibly dumb than Marth & Alm already got this in the bag.

Honestly, it still feels like the 1st  CYL was the most sincere out of them all for reasons I still can't explain

21 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'll be once again putting all votes to Azura despite being a popular choice that has no chance. Although I am tempted to vote for Camilla & Eirika just out of spite.

I would try to help Marth but I'm pretty sure it's a given that Marth will win considering how badly IS screwed the actual 2nd place winner of CYL 2. Assuming IS doesn't do anything incredibly dumb than Marth & Alm already got this in the bag.

Honestly, it still feels like the 1st  CYL was the most sincere out of them all for reasons I still can't explain

It was a popularity toll, simple. No one told us it was to give them sweet ass alt versions until it came, so that changed the whole nature of the CYL poll

I do wish they would limit one vote per character rather than letting folks go all in. But that is because there are so many I want to vote for and spreading your votes thin like that doesn't really help a character you support chances much.

If beasts aren't in I will be running a beast ticket again. Beyond the beasts I will be throwing a bone to Ewan and Ross so that Amelia can welcome her fellow trainees to the game. I don't really see them arriving before CYL3 at this point.

25 minutes ago, Usana said:

I do wish they would limit one vote per character rather than letting folks go all in. But that is because there are so many I want to vote for and spreading your votes thin like that doesn't really help a character you support chances much.

Seconded, but my reasons are different. CYL results would feel more like a accurate representation of the community rather than fanclubs of characters putting in all their votes for only one character. Not that there are many, but still

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Seconded, but my reasons are different. CYL results would feel more like a accurate representation of the community rather than fanclubs of characters putting in all their votes for only one character. Not that there are many, but still

I thought funneling votes was the popular option? I always split my vote, but I thought I was in the minority. 

As you all have said, I'd really like them to revamp the voting system. But I'm impartial anyway, I'm fine with whoever wins. I guess I wouldn't like Loki or Laegjarn to win? I just feel the Heroes characters need additional development to really be "Legend" worthy, but that is my own personal criteria/bias. I kind of dislike the recency trend where being 'new' and 'unplayable' causes the character to get funneled a large percentage of votes, but overall, I'd be fine with them winning, too. I would just prefer Eirika, Micaiah, Azura and so on. Males is between Marth, Alm, Reinhardt and Chrom. Any of 'ems fine, but R.I.P whoever loses since Three Heroes is going to predictably dominate CYL4.

I'm particularly curious to see what they do for Legendary Heroes next year. We're running out of popular lords and if they continue the "2 lords per game/country" trend, we'd even see some less important characters like Lilina get a legendary alt (to match Roy, assuming they maintain this pattern).