General Music Thread #2

indigoasis

I've given the original thread time to die, and it's been a month since the last post.

Just like the original thread, you can post any song you want, whether it's an all time favorite or just something that you listened to recently that you enjoyed. Any bands or albums that you like are welcome, too! To broaden the topic a bit more, feel free to discuss any instruments that you like to play or listen to, or share any music that you've made. I like to discover new music to listen to, and I hope that there will be something for everyone here.

Anyway, I'll go ahead a share a song that I like listening to from time to time. 

Spoiler

Another super indie song Spotify has brought to my ears.

It's got a lot of stuff that really appeals to me in garage rock right now. Cleanish tones and chords with kick and a hint of distortion. Airy/spacey vocals.

Edited by Slumber

12 minutes ago, Geenoble said:

Good old fashioned lover boy by Queen, this is one of my favourites by the band, but it's usually overshadowed by Bohemian Rhapsody, We will rock you, etc.

Queen's *biggest* hits have never been my favorites. Bohemian Rhapsody is great, but Don't Stop Me Now, Killer Queen, Somebody to Love, and Innuendo have always been my most favorite. Then again, all of those(Especially Don't Stop Me Now) besides Innuendo are pretty big Queen hits in their own rights.

So here's Innuendo.

Edited by Slumber

• 2 weeks later...

Atmosphere. Pure, unadulterated atmosphere.

"… so shall we fall into the nihil?
The nothingness that we feel in the arms of the pale
In the shadow of the grim companion who walks with us..."

10 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Atmosphere. Pure, unadulterated atmosphere.

"… so shall we fall into the nihil?
The nothingness that we feel in the arms of the pale
In the shadow of the grim companion who walks with us..."

Man, I was going through my old music(AKA everything I listened to before I switched over to Spotify almost exclusively) just last month, and Agalloch is one of the bands in there that I was like "Oh my god, why in the world did I not keep listening to them on Spotify?"

They're fantastic to listen to during these cold falls and winters.

@Slumber : I still got a couple of their CDs (The Mantle, The Serpent and the Sphere). Not sure if they're ever gonna put out another album though, with John Haughm leaving last year IIRC.

Another atmospheric masterpiece..

The guitar work is simply beautiful on this track.

3 hours ago, Geenoble said:

This is a music thread right? wheres the best band of the 60's?

Haven't seen any Beatles yet so thought i would put my favorite Beatles song.

Guess I might as well put down my favorites too.

(They work best as a pair.)

14 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Guess I might as well put down my favorites too.

(They work best as a pair.)

That reminds me, you know how there are those songs that transition into each other? You play one song first and it transitions perfectly into the second, which I can't get enough of. Each song works by itself, but I feel as though you can get more out of listening to them consecutively.

Transition Example 1:

Spoiler

Transition Example 2:

Spoiler

Ah yes, the band with a great name. Looks like they're back.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that it's officially winter(+1 day), here's a song I have a strong attachment to for the wintery season for whatever reason. I guess it's just got some cool, soft instrumentals and vibes to it. Reminds me of falling snow.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard this gem of a song on the radio this morning. The instrumentals are pretty insane to me.

I also heard this song on Monday while walking through the hallway at school. They play music in the hallway during the transition time between periods, which is supposedly to get kids to focus more in class. I don't know where they got that statistic from, but I guess it works.

• 5 weeks later...

Spotify gave me my top 100 tracks of 2018 at the tail end of December, but I talked about 2 of the songs that ended up in my top 3 in the last thread.

Here are some songs that'll probably be high on the list this year: