Hi, Everyone!

WilloWisp

Hello Serenes Forest! My name is Willow. I suppose I'll introduce myself here. I've been lurking on this site for a while, and finally decided to try to contribute and meet people because I̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶x̶i̶e̶t̶y̶ it seems like a positive, fun community, and Fire Emblem is my one interest that my friends irl don't share, so I can't talk about it much. Now for a bit about me I guess...

I enjoy reading high fantasy,  slightly lower down fantasy, sci-fi, eldritch horror, drama, political literature and, well, basically anything else that contains words :P. I also love music of basically any sort, though I've been listening to a lot of classical, post rock, indie and alt-hip hop these days. I also play trombone, trumpet, euphonium and some piano, and write some fiction. I enjoy a lot of video games, mostly either Nintendo or PC. I like indie games, particularly roguelike, RPG, adventure, and tricky action-platformers. My favourite non-fire emblem video game of all time is Cave Story, my favourite author lately is probably Brandon Sanderson, and if I had to choose a favourite musician, my brain would likely implode. Along with politics, philosophy and history, those are my main interests.

I'm a relatively recent Fire Emblem fan, even among the newer generation, having only gotten into the series with Awakening in early 2016. Despite this, in the little time I've had, I've tried to make up for a lot of that lost time, immersing myself in Fire Emblem as much as I could over almost two years. I quickly got bored of Awakening after beating it on Classic/Hard, and started delving into some of the harder stuff.

I started with Echoes, and while it was a weird experience with all of the signature Gaiden quirks, it was a thoroughly fucking enjoyable one. Rudolf did nothing wrong!!! As of now, I've played Echoes all the way through three times, the most out of any fire emblem game(excluding skimming blazing blade to unlock HHM), and while Genealogy and Binding Blade are my favourite games for now, Echoes will always have a special place in my heart. I then got conquest, played it through slowly, struggling with some of the tricky chapters like 10, 17 and 20. Once I reached chapter 22, I realized my team was too weak and unbalanced to make it through to the endgame, and I had to restart. I eventually beat it, but in the meantime, I started emulating.

I began with FE7, which I found enjoyable, but not too special. However, that led me to the great game that is Binding Blade. I love Zephiel as a villain, and chapters like 21 and 23 just give me life!!! After this, I got into Genealogy, which blew my mind!!! Definitely my favourite story to date. (Arvis is a dick but had good intentions!!). Throughout this journey, I found Mangs and Mekkkah's youtube channel, and subsequently discovered dondon, pallaemblem, ghast, and more, and learnt that there was a thriving FE community. I never knew there was any more of a fire emblem community than IGN fucking up on Awakening, and Etika drooling over Tharja. Needless to say, I was excited, but as I usually am, anxious to actually involve myself in it for quite a while.

Anyways, as of now I have fully played Echoes, Conquest (C/H), Blazing Blade HHM, Genealogy, Binding Blade, and Mystery of the Emblem Book 1. I've gotten most of the way through Sacred Stones Lunatic before losing my save (lol), and am currently playing Thracia, Binding Blade hard mode, and Mystery Book 2. I sadly haven't been able to experience the Tellius games because my dumpster fire of a computer doesnt have the graphics card and/or RAM (I'm getting mixed messages from troubleshooting, and am not too great with computers) to run even gamecube or wii games. I'll probably play Birthright and Revelations once my DS is fixed, and might eventually try out the Archanea remakes.

While I think the Fire Emblem games have incredible replay value, as I play more and more of them, I feel increasingly that this being a part of this super great community would be better than replaying FE7 again or something would and... well,  I guess that's why I'm finally here!

Sorry if this is a bit long and excessive for an introduction, I'd hate to bore you all to death with my lame life story, I often just can't stop writing once I start! Take that as a general warning for my posts, it's a bad habit of mine, but I suppose it's preferable to one word responses to everything. Anyways, hello to you all, and I can't wait to try to get to know you!

-Willow, Queen of Rigel

Hiya.

Funny that you mention IGN, since that's, ashamedly, where I really got into the FE fandom and noticed a community. That was 10ish years ago, though, and I was a dumb 14 year old. Definitely pretty far away from Awakening at that point.

Edited by Slumber

18 hours ago, WilloWisp said:

I enjoy a lot of video games, mostly either Nintendo or PC.

Oh hey, me t-

18 hours ago, WilloWisp said:

I'm a relatively recent Fire Emblem fan, even among the newer generation, having only gotten into the series with Awakening in early 2016. Despite this, in the little time I've had, I've tried to make up for a lot of that lost time, immersing myself in Fire Emblem as much as I could over almost two years.

me too.  Well, I mean, I didn't start at the exact same time (like, Christmas 2014; several months before I joined SF), but I definitely get what you mean with wanting to dig into the series.

Genealogy definitely has my favorite world and story.  I even like the minor villains, in their doofy villainous glory and Reptor with his rousing marching monologues.  House Freege is my favorite messed up noble family.

Aside from that, well, I'll just quote someone else.

I like your taste in profile pics. What an iconic moment.

And welcome and all that sort of stuff.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:42 PM, WilloWisp said:

Anyways, as of now I have fully played Echoes, Conquest (C/H), Blazing Blade HHM, Genealogy, Binding Blade, and Mystery of the Emblem Book 1. I've gotten most of the way through Sacred Stones Lunatic before losing my save (lol), and am currently playing Thracia, Binding Blade hard mode, and Mystery Book 2. I sadly haven't been able to experience the Tellius games because my dumpster fire of a computer doesnt have the graphics card and/or RAM (I'm getting mixed messages from troubleshooting, and am not too great with computers) to run even gamecube or wii games. I'll probably play Birthright and Revelations once my DS is fixed, and might eventually try out the Archanea remakes.

If you can get your hands on a Wii, it's possible to mod it to run emulations, and you can then load up an SD card with PoR or RD(not both, I think, since they're formatted differently), and play from there. 'Fraid I can't offer more than that info, though.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:42 PM, WilloWisp said:

I enjoy reading high fantasy,  slightly lower down fantasy, sci-fi, eldritch horror, drama, political literature and, well, basically anything else that contains words :P

Good, go here and read everything, and then see if you can't scribble something out yourself...assuming you can find time in between reading everything else on the Written Works Forum.

Also welcome, glad to have you!

Edited by SoulWeaver
Forgot to say welcome lol

Welcome to the Forest, WilloWisp!

Well, welcome is a tad late considering the fact that you've been around for a while now. But that doesn't matter.

Have a nice day and keep enjoying your stay!

18 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Genealogy definitely has my favorite world and story.  I even like the minor villains, in their doofy villainous glory and Reptor with his rousing marching monologues.  House Freege is my favorite messed up noble family.

Chagall is one of my faves. Truly the Adonis of Jugdral, he was obviously the true hero of the story.

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

f you can get your hands on a Wii, it's possible to mod it to run emulations, and you can then load up an SD card with PoR or RD(not both, I think, since they're formatted differently), and play from there. 'Fraid I can't offer more than that info, though.

Huh, I have a wii, havent used it for ages, but it's one of the newer models that can't play gamecube games, would that still work for PoR?

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Good, go here and read everything, and then see if you can't scribble something out yourself...assuming you can find time in between reading everything else on the Written Works Forum

Oh jeez, I can get super self conscious about my writing. I'll definitely read it all, and then try to build up the confidence to post some stuff of my own : ).

On 2018-11-15 at 10:41 PM, Slumber said:

Hiya.

Funny that you mention IGN, since that's, ashamedly, where I really got into the FE fandom and noticed a community. That was 10ish years ago, though, and I was a dumb 14 year old. Definitely pretty far away from Awakening at that point.

We all have our little personal shames. I refused to use Frederick, Marcus or Seth the first times I played each of their games...

On 2018-11-15 at 10:44 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Welcome!  You sound very interesting.

Thank you! I'd disagree, but I'll take the compliment!

On 2018-11-16 at 1:53 AM, Captain Karnage said:

ello, and welcome to the Forrest

Thank you!

On 2018-11-16 at 3:17 AM, Dandy Druid said:

Wasssuppp.

I like your taste in profile pics. What an iconic moment.

Truly. One of the many reasons I love project naga. Sylvia is honestly such a sassy bitch, and I love her so much.

Edited by WilloWisp

2 hours ago, Ycine said:

Welcome to the Forest, WilloWisp!

Well, welcome is a tad late considering the fact that you've been around for a while now. But that doesn't matter.

Have a nice day and keep enjoying your stay!

Thank you! I'd say it's a fair time for a welcome seeing as I've only just started participating here!

2 hours ago, WilloWisp said:

Huh, I have a wii, haven't used it for ages, but it's one of the newer models that can't play gamecube games, would that still work for PoR?

I think even the models that don't support GameCube controllers have the plugin ports, they're just not connected to the console or accessible from the outside. If you're willing to try taking one of the sides off and hooking the ports up yourself I think it might still work for an emulator, I'm just not sure, my brother wasn't confident enough in his skills to try it plus we found one of the older models for like $5 because the Reset and Eject buttons were broken so it didn't matter.

6 hours ago, WilloWisp said:

Truly. One of the many reasons I love project naga. Sylvia is honestly such a sassy bitch, and I love her so much.

I'm so glad they referenced it in Heroes. I would've been mad if Sylvia never said "rough"

Hello, and welcome to the forest!

I hope you enjoy it here!

On 16-11-2018 at 3:42 AM, WilloWisp said:

Along with politics, philosophy and history, those are my main interests.

You have good interests.

Since you mentioned Arvis and Zephiel, I'd like to ask: who are your favorite characters?

On 11/15/2018 at 9:42 PM, WilloWisp said:

Hello Serenes Forest! My name is Willow. I suppose I'll introduce myself here. I've been lurking on this site for a while, and finally decided to try to contribute and meet people because I̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶x̶i̶e̶t̶y̶ it seems like a positive, fun community, and Fire Emblem is my one interest that my friends irl don't share, so I can't talk about it much. Now for a bit about me I guess...

I enjoy reading high fantasy,  slightly lower down fantasy, sci-fi, eldritch horror, drama, political literature and, well, basically anything else that contains words :P. I also love music of basically any sort, though I've been listening to a lot of classical, post rock, indie and alt-hip hop these days. I also play trombone, trumpet, euphonium and some piano, and write some fiction. I enjoy a lot of video games, mostly either Nintendo or PC. I like indie games, particularly roguelike, RPG, adventure, and tricky action-platformers. My favourite non-fire emblem video game of all time is Cave Story, my favourite author lately is probably Brandon Sanderson, and if I had to choose a favourite musician, my brain would likely implode. Along with politics, philosophy and history, those are my main interests.

I'm a relatively recent Fire Emblem fan, even among the newer generation, having only gotten into the series with Awakening in early 2016. Despite this, in the little time I've had, I've tried to make up for a lot of that lost time, immersing myself in Fire Emblem as much as I could over almost two years. I quickly got bored of Awakening after beating it on Classic/Hard, and started delving into some of the harder stuff.

I started with Echoes, and while it was a weird experience with all of the signature Gaiden quirks, it was a thoroughly fucking enjoyable one. Rudolf did nothing wrong!!! As of now, I've played Echoes all the way through three times, the most out of any fire emblem game(excluding skimming blazing blade to unlock HHM), and while Genealogy and Binding Blade are my favourite games for now, Echoes will always have a special place in my heart. I then got conquest, played it through slowly, struggling with some of the tricky chapters like 10, 17 and 20. Once I reached chapter 22, I realized my team was too weak and unbalanced to make it through to the endgame, and I had to restart. I eventually beat it, but in the meantime, I started emulating.

I began with FE7, which I found enjoyable, but not too special. However, that led me to the great game that is Binding Blade. I love Zephiel as a villain, and chapters like 21 and 23 just give me life!!! After this, I got into Genealogy, which blew my mind!!! Definitely my favourite story to date. (Arvis is a dick but had good intentions!!). Throughout this journey, I found Mangs and Mekkkah's youtube channel, and subsequently discovered dondon, pallaemblem, ghast, and more, and learnt that there was a thriving FE community. I never knew there was any more of a fire emblem community than IGN fucking up on Awakening, and Etika drooling over Tharja. Needless to say, I was excited, but as I usually am, anxious to actually involve myself in it for quite a while.

While I think the Fire Emblem games have incredible replay value, as I play more and more of them, I feel increasingly that this being a part of this super great community would be better than replaying FE7 again or something would and... well,  I guess that's why I'm finally here!

Sorry if this is a bit long and excessive for an introduction, I'd hate to bore you all to death with my lame life story, I often just can't stop writing once I start! Take that as a general warning for my posts, it's a bad habit of mine, but I suppose it's preferable to one word responses to everything. Anyways, hello to you all, and I can't wait to try to get to know you!

-Willow, Queen of Rigel

High Fantasy seems interesting from what I've seen, I would like to see more! x3

Political Literature? YES! Finally I'm not alone in liking politics!

Do you have any favorite bands? Or do you just jump around in a genre?

I heard Brandon Sanderson is pretty good, but I don't read that much so I don't know much about him.

I heard a ton of people got into FE around 2016..

Genealogy had a amazing story! Definitely one of the best games in the series

Enjoy your stay in the Forest! <3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-19 at 9:20 AM, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

High Fantasy seems interesting from what I've seen, I would like to see more! x3

Political Literature? YES! Finally I'm not alone in liking politics!

Do you have any favorite bands? Or do you just jump around in a genre?

I heard Brandon Sanderson is pretty good, but I don't read that much so I don't know much about him.

I heard a ton of people got into FE around 2016..

Genealogy had a amazing story! Definitely one of the best games in the series

Enjoy your stay in the Forest! <3

Thank you!! As for favourite bands, it's hard to pick between completely different genres, but I'd have to go with The Tragically Hip for classic rock, MF Doom for rap (lately), Dvořák for classical, American Football for kinda chill rock, and I looove Swans for... well, for whatever mess of genres they are

2 minutes ago, WilloWisp said:

Thank you!! As for favourite bands, it's hard to pick between completely different genres, but I'd have to go with The Tragically Hip for classic rock, MF Doom for rap (lately), Dvořák for classical, American Football for kinda chill rock, and I looove Swans for... well, for whatever mess of genres they are

Wow you have good taste in music! I personally jump around in genres. I say my favorite band overall is The Birthday Massacre..

On 2018-11-18 at 3:30 AM, Julius Nepos said:

Hello, and welcome to the forest!

I hope you enjoy it here!

You have good interests.

Since you mentioned Arvis and Zephiel, I'd like to ask: who are your favorite characters?

Rudolf is probably my hands down favourite, he's the true hero of Gaiden and SoV (Maybe not as much for Gaiden, the dialogue is more ambiguous) and I will defend him to DEATH. I also love Camus/Zeke/Sirius and his whole arc, as well as Seth (for obvious reasons). There're a million others, but I'd be here forever trying to list them all.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

Wow you have good taste in music! I personally jump around in genres. I say my favorite band overall is The Birthday Massacre..

Haven't heard of them, I might have to give them a listen now. :)

Hi there! Welcome to SF. I've always planned to get around to completing Genealogy but the hour-long maps with no saving ability put me off. (The story sounds amazing though, and is my motivation to try and complete it). 

Looks like I met another philosophy lover. Nice. None of my friends take it. :(

Could you recommend me some eldritch horror? It's Lovecraftian stuff right? Always wanted to read some. Eldritches are cool.

1 minute ago, snowyglacier said:

Hi there! Welcome to SF. I've always planned to get around to completing Genealogy but the hour-long maps with no saving ability put me off. (The story sounds amazing though, and is my motivation to try and complete it).

I still need to read the Genealogy of the Holy War manga.