Favorite Scene from any movie/show/game?

indigoasis

Share a scene from a movie or show that you really enjoyed, whether you liked it for what it symbolized or if it was just flat-out hilarious. Also, scenes from a video game can be included, too. Any movie/show/game is fair game, but don't post anything too inappropriate. I don't want anyone getting in trouble for that.

With that said, I'll go ahead and share one of my favorites.

Spoiler

Edited by indigoceans

The Lord Of The Rings trilogy has so many profound emotional moments that I could talk about them for hours, especially scenes from Return Of The King, I've cried multiple times while watching it. But for now I'll share the scene that I think illustrates what makes Tolkien's classic so great, Sam's speech from the ending of The Two Towers. The message is pretty obvious, but I don't think that takes way from it's impact. However, if you haven't seen or read The Lord Of The Rings trilogy I strongly recommend doing so in the proper order, it's absolutely fantastic experience you won't regret.

Spoiler

The ending of "Life on Mars" is the best I have ever seen for a show because it explained everything about the show.  It is a good show and I recommend it, but I won't post the ending because of spoilers.  

Television Series

Great Teacher Onizuka - When Noburo appears in front of the PTA.

Samurai Champloo - When Mugen leaves Koza alive after cutting down Shiren

Kids in The Hall - The King of Empty Promises sketch

Kids in The Hall -  The Love and Sausages sketch

Mr. Bean - The drive to the dentist's office.

Get Smart - The Gurney scene or the anti-tailing scene immediately after in A Man Called Smart.

The Muppets Show - Rita Moreno's Spanish Flamenco sketch

Movies

Red Beard - When Red Beard leaves the younger doctor to watch a patient expire with the suggestion that he will see a moment of serenity at the end, then the patient goes on to die in a series of ugly spasms, then Red Beard returns and reframes the death of the old man heroically in terms of who he had been.

Ikiru - Watnabe and Toyo's restaurant scene.

City Lights - When Charlie Chaplain cries

Technically these two are from miniseries, but I usually watch the movie cuts

The Hogfather - The Little Match girl scene

The Tenth Kingdom - When the queen digs up her mirrors

Another show with way too many great moments for me is Cowboy Bebop which is no surprise since it's my personal favorite TV Show ever. While there are lots of dark/emotional/serious moments, how about something a bit more lighthearted? In episode 11 "Toys in the Attic" Spike can't find his lighter so he tries lighting his cigarette with the blow torch he happens to have on hand, but much to his disappointment it doesn't make a great substitute.

Cowboy Bebop Smoking GIF

• 3 weeks later...

"Evil...IS AN ABSTRACT!!!"

Powerful portrayal of Azrael by Jason Lee (My Name is Earl) in Dogma (1999). Really a shame that this scene did not make it to the movie.

Edited by Karimlan

Tough question. There are many scenes in movies that got I get something out. I will share the some that currently come to mind.

The Pianist: Chopin Ballad in G minor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHfQCfUTlXE

Star Trek IV: Nuclear Wessels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdSJFrhb-HM

Lord of the Rings: The stories that really mattered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0 I know @TheGoodHoms also mentioned it, but it just such a good scene (seriously, if you haven't watched the Lord of the Rings, stop reading this and go watch it). But if you want another one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjAAC13al9s

Grave of the fireflies: The scene that made me cry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ovJGnjOjx4

Just thinking about these scenes makes me realize how effective movies can be and how not a single videogame has ever effected me in such a way (closest is probably the ending of gen1 in fe4).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I got a couple.

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Gandalf and the cavalry arrives at dawn.

Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens

The first appearance of the new X-Wings where they were swooping in to save Rey and her party from the Order.

Captain America: The First Avenger

The whole movie. I also really like the soundtrack and WWII posters during the credits, makes me feel pumped. Murica!

The Avengers

When Cap says "Avengers, assemble!"

Guardians of the Galaxy

When Quill had a dance off with Ronan to distract him and took the Infinity Stone, and Quill's family held hands to share the load of handling the Infinity Stone and defeated Ronan through the power of friendship.

Avengers Infinity War

Arrival of Thor at Wakanda and turned the tide against Thanos's army.

WARNING!!! SPOILERS TO AVENGERS ENDGAME!!!

Spoiler

Cap wielding Mjolnir. Everyone KNOWS he is worthy!

When the Falcon and the cavalry arrives to help the Avengers against Thanos.

Tony's funeral: Tony's "I love you 3,000" farewell recording, "Proof Tony Stark had a heart," the scene where everyone stood and paid their respect, and Happy talking to Morgan about her dad liking hamburgers and buying her all the hamburgers she wants. Thinking about this still makes me a bit teary eyed, especially the hamburger part.

Steve passing on the mantle, responsibility, and weight of the shield to Sam.

StarCraft II Legacy of the Void

The opening cinematic.

Edited by XRay

Can’t exactly think of definitive favorite, but this is one of mine:

Endgame Spoilers

Spoiler

When Iron Man counters Thanos with his secret infinity gauntlet and Thanos’s “I am inevitable” with his classic “I am Iron Man”. Thanos has to sit down for that one.

Admiral Hackett's Speech from Mass Effect 3, it still gives me goosebumps to this day, and the music that comes along with it is amazing.

Man I'm talking about Mass Effect too much..

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Buena Vista Social Club: Adios recently, which is a documentary about surviving pre-Communism Cuban musicians forming their ensemble in the 90s - called the Buena Vista Social Club - and reviving the early-to-mid 20th Century popular Cuban music to much acclaim across the world. One of the musicians, Compay Segundo, mentioned the following line poignantly described the fame that the musicians finally achieved after struggling to make a living, and also being locked out of the world for decades of their lives:

Sure, it's a little late, but the flowers of life come to everyone sooner or later. And when the flowers come they only come once. That’s why you have to pay attention when the flowers arrive.

If this isn't perseverance, then I don't know what is.

Edited by henrymidfields