Fractured Realms: The Reboot

Chocolate Kitty

played with the rebalances and it feels pretty balanced now on hard, a good challenge.
look forward to seeing the other chapters completed. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I never actually posted this here because I’m stupid but I’ve been working on rewrites for some of the plot aspects of the game. Nothing really changes in Sugari’s chapters (a new character is replacing Denson’s role), and Barnaldo is… basically being written out in favor of a different character. Reasoning being I couldn’t figure out a real link between the two main characters, and despite how much I enjoyed making those chapters (and somehow creating a meme in one of them), I had no choice but to kick him.

As of now, chapters up to 4 have been redone to varying degrees, and the next release (which will certainly not be 1.3) will encompass all the chapters it was originally going to include (ie Prologue -> Interlude).

Sorry about the wait and lack of information. You can always feel free to join my discord 1 as well for any information on progress or to help out anything (mostly face sprites).

• 7 months later...

image.png.0f66dbee904c16ade2e2d1d477d46ec4.png

Hard mode chapter 1. I dont see how the hell i am gonna escape if i cant get down there in 9 turns to the usual exit.
unless I am suppose to go left instead of right as usual because those 2 promoted units are so beefy i cant do anything and they show up on turn 7 from the point the player started from. it takes 2 units just to kill 1. And half of the times I am healing using herbs or potions because everything doing over half my hp on 3 of my units each turn without weapon advantage.

I already done atleast 15 resets by now on hard mode. I don't think its  playable when everything doing half your hp and Sugari and Kiante both do very little damage and only good for clean up and only if Henna is near them.

Edited by Chaz

ok so i played it once so far. Overall most of the changes done to the game are pretty easy to handle.
My biggest complaint would be that trainiee change is a really big nerf. The one who feels it the most is cander. both catty and Rohan don't feel this change as much and are much more usable then cander is.
the other annoying change was dealing with magic users as the only ones who had any advantage on them now was bows and the anima triangle itself. dealing with dark and light users is a major pain to deal with and it really starts to shows in chapter 6. 

some of the new items like the healing staff that gives +5 healing was extra helpful in healing everyone to full hp.
I like Clark in terms as a unit and a person over Densen. Useful in every chapter.
Giving Branna more speed and giving her lances also made her a lot less of a liablitiy and a very useful unit for the 4 chapters I did use her in.

Chapter 6 imo is problaly one of the hardest chapters to do if you split your forces to rescue catty. Since the units are way more beefy then before making it hard to keep catty safe till she can get some levels. I actually ran into a bit of RNG in chapter 6 once i got to the half way point. mostly due to how tanky the final mooks were.
in Chapter 1 I went left instead of and the only difficulty was Dealing with Keica himself. the 5k extra gold really helps in the long run for supplies. Everyone had atleast 3 different weapons when I finished chapter 8.

As for as story changes. it feels pretty good.

i benched cander because he couldnt hold his own.
image.png.5beed6dd7395e8f6ad316a8bb94f0660.png

I gave Lydia str and skill upgrade.
both her and Ulir were my MVPs this run. I have a feeling I had a really bless Ulir.
The rest of the units turn out average besides Cander.
image.png.7f3aa9e809a1c19674217cf0c041564b.png
image.png.5c11cc5f90c8d6514ea055b2ee86f490.png

On 2/10/2020 at 1:39 AM, Chaz said:

My biggest complaint would be that trainiee change is a really big nerf. The one who feels it the most is cander. both catty and Rohan don't feel this change as much and are much more usable then cander is.

I'm not certain what you mean by this; I didn't really nerf trainees, I just lowered base stats all around. Cander is... Honestly one of the strongest trainees given you have the most time to utilize him and can give him boosters like the pow booster or a magic flower to add to his lower magic stat while pushing him in a wind magic direction to fully take advantage of his killer speed/luck and partially ignore his abysmal defenses (more avoid) and skill (Wind magic has higher hit and crit rates).

the other annoying change was dealing with magic users as the only ones who had any advantage on them now was bows and the anima triangle itself. dealing with dark and light users is a major pain to deal with and it really starts to shows in chapter 6. 

Sort of the point. Anima triangle exists, but deal with dark and light is a bit different. Light magic is weaker overall, but light magic users like Palla obtain Smite either at level 20 or upon promotion, which gives them effective damage vs dark magic as well as ignoring the Dark skill: Eldritch. Eldritch gives the user WTA over any mage that doesn't have either Eldritch or Smite. Purpose of this is to discourage mage v mage combat (unless you have one of those abilities) and make physical weapons the ideal choice vs mages and their lower defenses.

some of the new items like the healing staff that gives +5 healing was extra helpful in healing everyone to full hp.
I like Clark in terms as a unit and a person over Densen. Useful in every chapter.
Giving Branna more speed and giving her lances also made her a lot less of a liablitiy and a very useful unit for the 4 chapters I did use her in.

Good, I'm notoriously a pegasus hater, so I really tried to make Branna useful.

Chapter 6 imo is problaly one of the hardest chapters to do if you split your forces to rescue catty. Since the units are way more beefy then before making it hard to keep catty safe till she can get some levels. I actually ran into a bit of RNG in chapter 6 once i got to the half way point. mostly due to how tanky the final mooks were.

I really think it's one of the easier chapters. The only real threats on getting to Demetra are the Hero and the Warrior. General is dealt with fairly quickly by anyone you send right. You also do not need to send anyone to rescue Catty, nor do you need to rush to try and recruit Robina, as both are recruitable in Ch7.

in Chapter 1 I went left instead of and the only difficulty was Dealing with Keica herself. the 5k extra gold really helps in the long run for supplies.

I was curious to know if anyone had attempted that side instead of the standard route. Perhaps next time you do, try not killing her instantly. You miss out on the gold but may get something else...

Yeah that cander is pretty slow, which is difficult to work with as that's his biggest asset.

I also never really post here due to not remembering the log in information, but I figured I should relay this here as well.
image.png.17aca1e03042fb12aed574cb1f944ff4.png

Hidden items! They’re a thing in the current release. Maybe you've found some of them. Here’s one for free. Side note regarding that, in Chapter 5 there is a hidden item hinted at in the leftmost mountains. The current version will crash, so do not attempt to obtain it, it will be fixed in the update release that contains both Chapter 9 and the Interlude.

Speaking of Chapter 9… Everyone’s favorite siege engine is back.

I found a few hidden items or hidden gold but i couldnt find the health herb that was mentioned in the house. but i did find the 5k gold that the merc mentioned in 1 of the houses.

I went the standard route again and have a lot lower ambition this time. I also didnt defeat Seth this time around due to killing enough of the soldiers.

by nerf on trainees, I mean they lose out on a lot of levels they normally get. granted the cap is still 40 levels total, trainees iirc had 50 if the player let it go that far on the old version. lost a bit of room for growth there. so thats 9 levels of growth since they reset their levels anymore after promotion.
And I seem to be on a roll with really bad canders. got another slow one.

Ill try going left again on my 3rd run and leaving keica alone.

I see you changed Robina. I assume she keeps the loot she gets from chapter 6 as well when you recruit her in chapter 7? Getting her tho is pretty easy on the way. I will problaly try ignore getting catty then right off the bat then. That's too much work to get her early now. having the extra 3 units together will make it easier then splitting like i normally do.

I honestly found chapter 8 the easiest of them all. and that with the surprise in the middle. Chapter 7 felt more balanced as well on defending. I didn't feel as pressured as before.

She's only recruitable in ch6 if you brought Crioxe though, so if you didn't, you don't even have a way to get her in ch6.

Ch8 is very much supposed to be an opportunity for you to train up some of your weaker characters, as Ch9 is going to be more difficult than any of the previous chapters, so you'll want to have a somewhat balanced team.

Trainees I suppose, but they're not weak, they're just not nearly as strong as they were before, which was too strong. Now they're more on par with your other units, which is what I prefer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/23/2019 at 7:55 AM, Chocolate Kitty said:

No screenshots this time around, but update should be coming either this week or early next

Will include Pro -> Ch8, Xe1 & Xe2

Hardmode for all of them

questions, first, the exe doesn't launch the game, why? and is there a way that i may edit this with a program, 

rpg maker xp possibly? if so, then where's the rpgxp file for the program? i would just like to edit the blue units to green units (ally army of mine) to have vary big battles against the red army. i'm no hacker or story teller and therefore my desire is not to take glory for your work, just to edit some things

to make it more to how i like. 1 solder/unit (me), and my army(green/npcs/ai) vs the enemies

On 6/22/2020 at 2:19 AM, Isaiah Daniel said:

questions, first, the exe doesn't launch the game, why? and is there a way that i may edit this with a program, 

rpg maker xp possibly? if so, then where's the rpgxp file for the program? i would just like to edit the blue units to green units (ally army of mine) to have vary big battles against the red army. i'm no hacker or story teller and therefore my desire is not to take glory for your work, just to edit some things

to make it more to how i like. 1 solder/unit (me), and my army(green/npcs/ai) vs the enemies

install the plugins that are linked if you want to play the game

fuck off if you want to break into the coding whatsoever, do not waste my time replying to you again (and I know you've done this on FEU as well)

first of all, i'm not code expert. i was just kindly asking if there was a way i could just add some units and play it the way i like.

i'm not a story maker or a publisher of fe fan games. i don't do that sort of thing, and i do not take other people's

work and claim it as my own. 

and second of all, i have done no wrong against you, and you speak wickedly and foolishly to me.

A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth fro strokes. A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips

are the snare of his soul.  out of thine own mouth will i judge thee thou wicked servant, and again,

every idle word that men shall speak he shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

thy words indeed shall be condemned!

23 minutes ago, Isaiah Daniel said:

first of all, i'm not code expert. i was just kindly asking if there was a way i could just add some units and play it the way i like.

i'm not a story maker or a publisher of fe fan games. i don't do that sort of thing, and i do not take other people's

work and claim it as my own. 

and second of all, i have done no wrong against you, and you speak wickedly and foolishly to me.

A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth fro strokes. A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips

are the snare of his soul.  out of thine own mouth will i judge thee thou wicked servant, and again,

every idle word that men shall speak he shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

thy words indeed shall be condemned!

... What did you think would happen if you came into a thread for a fan game and asked, "Hey can you tell me how to break into your game so I can change stuff?"

Edited by SilverManedWolf

1 hour ago, SilverManedWolf said:

... What did you think would happen if you came into a thread for a fan game and asked, "Hey can you tell me how to break into your game so I can change stuff?"

i think he would have been more civilized about it. but not so. i may have not stated it here but else were, but what little editing abilities i have, it is a specific kind of editing, and it's for personal use (offline), and no making me well known and praised. but i don't care about that person's thing now. he's got a way bigger problem then 

worrying about people hacking/editing his work

59 minutes ago, Isaiah Daniel said:

i think he would have been more civilized about it. but not so. i may have not stated it here but else were, but what little editing abilities i have, it is a specific kind of editing, and it's for personal use (offline), and no making me well known and praised. but i don't care about that person's thing now. he's got a way bigger problem then 

worrying about people hacking/editing his work

To be Honest, I don't think it would matter even if it was just for offline usage, but I'm just gonna stop if you don't care anymore.

For the record, asking how to break into the code of someone's project on their own thread isn't a smart move. 

34 minutes ago, SilverManedWolf said:

To be Honest, I don't think it would matter even if it was just for offline usage, but I'm just gonna stop if you don't care anymore.

For the record, asking how to break into the code of someone's project on their own thread isn't a smart move. 

it's not a code thing at all, just different unit style. besides, this was all done before i knew about Lex Talionis Engine.

with the easy(ish) interface for users. i was just looking for making big battles (no story) beween myself and the green units

against the red units. had i known about Lex Talionis Engine.with the sole purpose of customizing and editing, i wouldn't have

posted on here. because if i were to guess, this loser used Lex Talionis Engine also

1 hour ago, Isaiah Daniel said:

it's not a code thing at all, just different unit style. besides, this was all done before i knew about Lex Talionis Engine.

with the easy(ish) interface for users. i was just looking for making big battles (no story) beween myself and the green units

against the red units. had i known about Lex Talionis Engine.with the sole purpose of customizing and editing, i wouldn't have

posted on here. because if i were to guess, this loser used Lex Talionis Engine also

It's still breaking into something you're not suppose to, trying to change stuff that you aren't suppose to touch.

I mean at least you can do what you were going to do now, with an engine that doesn't involve breaking into someone else's game.

Nope, this uses FEXNA which is not available to the public currently. 

And also this is my last post responding to you, Because I swear I've seen you before in FEU, and there's no point in me going on about this. I probably shouldn't have responded in the first place, but whatever.