New Heroes: Fire and Ice!

Vaximillian

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I like this banner. OCs with interesting skillset. The only thing i find idd is that it a 2 person banner

also steady stance 4 isnt that allmighty powerfull considering it locks most units to be Enemyphase.

It'll be great on some units that are fliers/cavs and usually enemy phase, like Beruka and Xander.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, having thought about it, I get the feeling Loki might have originally been intended for this banner. Honestly, she would fit a banner alongside Surtr and Ylgr.

However, with her high CYL2 ranking, she ended up in Farfetched Heroes 2, and perhaps IS just decided to move ahead with the 2 remaining units.

This would explain the odd 2-unit banner.

Ideally, if they are generous, it would be best if they make every Focus a 1 Hero Focus, but release four to six Hero Foci every time. It lets players snipe more efficiently and they can better gauge how well each Hero will perform. They will probably lose some sales due to selling less off color pity breakers, but maybe having higher guaranteed chances of summoning a unit will incentivize enough players to summon and offset that loss.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, sirmola said:

I highly doubt that IS would intentionally annoy fans and create fatigue to end up with the right CYL characters. That just feels like unnesesairaly playing with fire. Besides, my moto is to never assume malice when stupidity is a reasonable explanation.

And I’ll disagree with you on that one. These people know what they’re doing. These banners are planned months in advance. 

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It'll be great on some units that are fliers/cavs and usually enemy phase, like Beruka and Xander.

not saying its bad but its clearly intended for Enemy phase and doesnt allow mixed phase builds like steady breath does for Armorers. In that reagard its an excellent choice for enemy phase units and annihilates fighter skills and blade skills

29 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

This seems so unnecessary.  There was no reason Surtr couldn't have gone on the first Muspell banner, Yglr could have been a reward character at some point, and Hrid could have been last month's legendary hero.  Super disappointing that two New Hero banners had to be wasted on Book 2 housekeeping.    

To be fair, that banner would've been 2 greens and 2 reds which is pretty bad distribution. Whoever's in charge of making the decisions on the banners is just bad at figuring out the reception of the fanbase and you'd think it'd be apparent after seeing the dislike ratio of their new banner videos. A better distribution would've been Laevatein/Laegjarn + Loki/Yglr + Helbindi on that first Muspel banner and then the ones omitted from that banner + Surtr, would've made for better distribution and both banners would be 3 characters. As for the banner in which Loki came in? Why the fuck was Loki in there anyway lol

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

Terrible banner, and the like/dislike ratio is deserved here. They really mailed this one in, huh? First two unit banner; I hope this is just the exception, a little bit of housecleaning before Book III comes out. We can hope that Book III has a lot of great new stuff. Until then, it looks like snooze time!

It's always interesting to see that the ratio is so much more worse on the Japanese videos than the English. I tend to see the Japanese ratio as more accurate each time and wonder how the English one seems more "forgiving" by comparison. Maybe I'm just hateful lol.

9 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

And I’ll disagree with you on that one. These people know what they’re doing. These banners are planned months in advance. 

THat's also part of the reason that i suspect that is unintentional. Thay are planned months in advance, but they can't be changed much after that, which makes IS appear non-responsive (the developers have mentioned this in interviews). I feel like that is the reason why we got the message abut fe6 and 10 heroes. THey suddonly realised how much demand there was, but the next few banners could not be changed). And besides, just because someone plans in advance, does not mean that this planning is intelligent (especially because there is not necessarily much time between when the decisions are made, and when it is too late to change anything without additional cost and overtime).

Edited by sirmola

Huh.

Also, did anyone expect Stance 4 to be more than just Def+8? Right now it's a reverse Steady Breath and (unless it's treated differently to SS3) inheritable to all units. Thoughts on who can use it best?

Sorcery Blade is interesting (my Eirika would love it) and it's great to have Spd Tactic in the regular pool, but these two will obviously be 5* locked and that makes me sad.

I'm okay with this banner. I'm not pulling on it, but I like the idea and wonder what other 2- or 1-person banners we get in the future (not the FE6 and FE10 banners, I hope).

Also, I guess this means Hrid is our LHero for the month.

Edited by DefyingFates

11 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

To be fair, that banner would've been 2 greens and 2 reds which is pretty bad distribution. Whoever's in charge of making the decisions on the banners is just bad at figuring out the reception of the fanbase and you'd think it'd be apparent after seeing the dislike ratio of their new banner videos. A better distribution would've been Laevatein/Laegjarn + Loki/Yglr + Helbindi on that first Muspel banner and then the ones omitted from that banner + Surtr, would've made for better distribution and both banners would be 3 characters. As for the banner in which Loki came in? Why the fuck was Loki in there anyway lol

It's always interesting to see that the ratio is so much more worse on the Japanese videos than the English. I tend to see the Japanese ratio as more accurate each time and wonder how the English one seems more "forgiving" by comparison. Maybe I'm just hateful lol.

Honestly, I'm not sure how serious to take the Japanese videos. I mean, anyone can go on them and dislike, even you or I.

I hope in the next major update IS addresses skill creep. They're going to need to do another large skill distribution like they did for healers and perhaps, if they're generous, also add some sort of skill refine to upgrade what were previously the highest upgrade on skills that got crept. Rallies, blows, balms, stance, etc really need this.

(I might just send this to them as feedback. I really, really hope they address this)

Edited by Arcphoenix

27 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

The ratios themselves are pretty meaningless, especially in the first few hours. The number of likes climbs slowly and is only an indicator of the size of the fan base (since you can generally expect a relatively fixed percentage of your fanbase to care enough to actually hit the "like" button), and the number of dislikes spikes quickly and is only an indicator of how many people you offended so badly that they felt the need to hit the "dislike" button.

Considering this game currently has an approximate active population of about 300,000 players (low-balling based on Arena tier sizes), a few thousand dislikes is not a significant portion of the (likely largely ambivalent) player base.

Edited by Ice Dragon

25 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

It's definitely not more accurate, but heavily tilted actually. The common expectation in this fandom is that Intsys is more willing to listen to their Japanese fanbase, it's likely just a bunch of western fans jumping on the video in the hopes of making their disdain more apparent. From what I've heard of the Japanese fanbase, while they certainly aren't always happy with banners they are nowhere near as vocal about it as the western fanbase is.

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

@Jotari will be happy, at least.

I was worried it was going to be an Awakening banner. Now I kind of wish it was.

Haha. I won't be pulling from him. XD Favorite among the OCs doesn't mean I'm willing to fork out orbs for what is still a very mediocre character. I'm saving up for when Armoured Tiki comes back and very few characters will convince me otherwise.

1 minute ago, sirmola said:

Thay are planned months in advance, but they can't be changed much after that, which makes IS appear non-responsive (the developers have mentioned this in interviews).

The game is about 1.75 years old and they have had plenty of time to improve their workflow. I think they are bullshitting at this point. Someone in management should have done something about it by now. If it takes them 6 months to 1 year to get stuff done and they cannot even change it, there is something wrong with management in my opinion.

Ok, this banner is... unique?

Ylgr's dagger is not that surprising alone, but with the Sorcery Blade 3  skill, it looks great. Basically, she needs Gunnthrá in her life. Also, she is all about Speed, with a weapon that grants Spd, which compare Spd, and a B-skill that reduces foe's Spd, and a C-Skill that increase allies Spd.

Surtr is disgusting! Steady Stance 4 is a better SS with Guard?! And what is his C-Skill? The 20 damage at start of turn wasn't enough? And of course he has Wary Fighter, so if you don't kill him with a ranged unit on that turn, the unit will die in the next turn. I am sure we will see some rich players with some +10 Surtrs in some hours... I can also see some Hectors dying too...

Also, why 2 units? Honestly, I would accept a Fjorm alt just to make a 3 unit banner...

So I'm feelling wierd. I was expecting an awakening version of adrift with a small Grima , grandmaster robin and Emmeryn but it doesn't matter. We got our first 2 person banner which I don't know if it is a good or bad thing. Kinda disappointed that we got OCs instead of actual new characters or alts (that isn't bad necessarily). On a positive note, Ylgr is just fodder with her A and C skills and Surtr is a monster which is a good thing. Also this is a 3% banner which means that there is somewhere near a 1.5 % chance for each I think. I also don't care about beast units or the radiant dawn and binding blade banners and I have somewhere around 60 orbs so might pull for one Surtr.

10 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I hope in the next major update IS addresses skill creep. They're going to need to do another large skill distribution like they did for healers and perhaps, if they're generous, also add some sort of skill refine to upgrade what were previously the highest upgrade on skills that got crept. Rallies, blows, balms, stance, etc really need this.

(I might just send this to them as feedback. I really, really hope they address this)

Everyone's so expectant of a skill refinery type of thing that there's going to be quite a shitstorm if 3.0 totally sidesteps adding one. It's still possible these higher rank skills and rallies are just straight powercreep and whale bait and will stay that way for the time being.

I hope they let us upgrade skills or whatever too, but IS has been too wily these days for me to hold a solid expectation for something like that right now.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If Hríd is the GHB unit, the Forging Bonds event can be about the Nifl siblings!

That Forging Bonds may well be actually tied to the legendary banner instead. It only starts on the same day as that banner.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

The game is about 1.75 years old and they have had plenty of time to improve their workflow. I think they are bullshitting at this point. Someone in management should have done something about it by now. If it takes them 6 months to 1 year to get stuff done and they cannot even change it, there is something wrong with management in my opinion.

THat's a good point, but it ttakes time to do things like scedual voice action sessions. The best example i han think of off the top of my head of last minute changes resulting in awkward drops in quality are how the reshoots in "Justice league" (which were an attempt to deal with bad reaction to other movies) resulted in having to digitally remove a mustache from superman's actor (which he had due to another project). The resulting obvious patch job was a big meme.

2 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also this is a 3% banner which means that there is somewhere near a 1.5 % chance for each I think. I also don't care about beast units or the radiant dawn and binding blade banners and I have somewhere around 60 orbs so might pull for one Surtr.

That's not quite how the probability works out, due the fact that you pull orbs based on color. However, it is true that the odds of getting a unit are higher when there are less of them, due to the probability getting "split" fewer ways.

Well as I finally sat down and watched this trailer, I saw Fire and Ice.  Thought cool title!  Then I saw Ylgr!  Awesome!  Then Surtr!?  Wow!  Then I waited for the next character....maybe Hrid or original Veronica or Bruno, but instead it just said new paralogue!  

Anyways I have been outspoken in my support of original characters, as I view them as the focus of this game.  Sorcery blade, I wonder what inheritance restrictions are on it.  Seems like it would be insane on any units with DC weapons.  Then she also has Speed tactic and chill speed...I mean this is grade A fodder.  Then you look at Surtr....my god what a C skill, and that A skill is one of the ultimate enemy phase skills love the guard effect on top of more defense.  Plus his weapon that 20 damage effect is pretty impressive.  Wait for official stats but these units as far as skills and power potential seem very much worth having.  

I am trying to abstain from summoning on normal banners, but I will probably pull all blues and greens I see on that first circle where we get the free summon.  Hard to pass up on discounted rate to pull one of these two.  Watch it be all reds and colorless :(

This is a interesting banner; I like the idea of more minimalistic banners I work me wonders in other gatchas to get the character I desired despite the relatively low chances; but I guess it would be better if more of them were active at the same time.