New Heroes: Fire and Ice!

Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I guess they couldn't have just used her anyway. Then it'd be just Sothe and Zelgius on the banner, and a 2-unit banner would never happen in the entire lifetime of Heroes.

Snark, huh.

It'd be like having World of Radiance without Ike, World of Holy War without one of Sigurd or Seliph, or World of Thracia without Leaf. The fact that it would be a two-character banner is nowhere near the biggest problem.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Snark, huh.

It'd be like having World of Radiance without Ike, World of Holy War without one of Sigurd or Seliph, or World of Thracia without Leaf. The fact that it would be a two-character banner is nowhere near the biggest problem.

I'm fairly sure they would have done World of Thracia without Leif if they could have

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Snark, huh.

Mackc2 already took my Reinhardt line, so I’ll go with “Ike wasn’t on the world of Dawn banner anyway.”

When it takes 11 months for a game to get its first banner, I don’t think it needs to have its main character on it. Even if it did, it could have had a Micaiah alt to go with the Black Knight alt. Simply put, Micaiah’s absence is an indication that Farfetched Heroes was not strict about the rankings in the way Brave Heroes was.

Edited by Baldrick

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Surtr has 179 BST because fuck you lol

Spoiler

IS you may as well stop pretending its the trainee bonus and just call it gen 3 stats

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

Surtr is the definition of bullshit. Is that trainee BST?

No.

Spoiler

It's the confirmation that we have now Gen 3 stats.
Both Corrins from Adrift had higher BST (aka Gen 1 Armor BST), so Sutr is the Gen 3 Armor (assuming L.Tiki got that random Trainee bonus).

EDIT:

Looking at the GHB I'm now rightfully mad that we didn't get a Mystery banner instead.
I'm looking forward to see what happens if Hrid isn't the Legendary Hero this month. I should get some popcorn ready.

Edited by The Priest

18 minutes ago, The Priest said:

No.

Hide contents

It's the confirmation that we have now Gen 3 stats.
Both Corrins from Adrift had higher BST (aka Gen 1 Armor BST), so Sutr is the Gen 3 Armor (assuming L.Tiki got that random Trainee bonus).

Spoiler

Turns out it's trainee BST. 8 less stats than other armors at level 1

Edited by silveraura25

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .okay, these guys are interesting.  Man, I like Surtr's voice.  Any bets on who did it?

It's supposedly Kirk Thornton as far as English goes (who's also Dorcas here and Yen'fay in Awakening).

5 minutes ago, The Priest said:

EDIT:

Looking at the GHB I'm now rightfully mad that we didn't get a Mystery banner instead.
I'm looking forward to see what happens if Hrid isn't the Legendary Hero this month. I should get some popcorn ready.

I'll grab the alcohol fries, because they could put damn near anyone on that banner, and someone's gonna whine.  Wonder how many people I'll have to suspend/threaten?  Hopefully zero.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

It's supposedly Kirk Thornton as far as English goes (who's also Dorcas here and Yen'fay in Awakening).

Ooh, sweet!  Now I kinda want Yen'fay in this game, even though more Awakening characters will probably trigger a riot.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Correction, it's "whale right now" BST.

It seems to be. L!Tiki and H!Myrrh were the inevitable trainee gen 2 armor, but both adrift Corrins and Sutr don't look like trainee units, so it just seems like IS is slapping that BST modifier to increase sales. Just like how they keep slapping the armor label on random infantry units.

40 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Hide contents

Surtr has 179 BST because fuck you lol

With a superboon in Atk and Def because fuck the meta too

36 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Unit stats (and the GHB, spoilers)

Hide contents

1542774460135.png

Surtr is minmaxed as fuck.

Spoiler

Beat me to it. Just fuck Surtr and his bullshit trainee bonus. Now I'm retroactively miffed that Grima didn't get one. Oh, and yay 90/73 bulk. I know whales are going to go for -HP/res +atk/def for that 180 BST, but fuck it, +res/-spd Slaying Axe+ [res] Bonfire/DC/WF or BF/Surtr's Bullshit Surtr hits 54/53/13/40/40. Toss on QR or your fortress seal of choice and it literally doesn't matter if he can't double anything. Nothing hurts him and he will kill you on a special.

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

Steady Stance 4 can't be inherited by healers despite 3 can be.

Spoiler

Any word on fliers/cavs?

So about that Grand Hero Battle...

Spoiler

Gharnef's art is fucking awesome. Holy shit, HACCAN knocked that one clean out of the park.

I'm glad it's based on his spindlier Mystery appearance rather than the rounder toothless unhappy dead senile old geezer look from the 3DS games.

And about Surtr's stats...

Spoiler

Surtr confirmed to be a Villager.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Azama is not an Armor, that's why.
I thought we all learned that lesson if anything in 2018.

I am sad. That was the perfect skill for def based Azama tank ._. why does IS keep nerfing Azama ._.

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Wonder how many people I'll have to suspend/threaten?  Hopefully zero.

I don't think suspend/threaten will suffice. I'll try to behave this time. *munches on popcorn*

8 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sorcery blade is limited to physical infantry 

You can't be serious. It's not limited to Daggers? So now every infantry unit has Breath weapons?

Edited by The Priest

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You seem to think development companies are actually capable of reacting quickly.

It's one thing just to get management on board to alter course and it's another thing whether it's actually feasible to do so on a particular time scale, like getting art assets or scheduling voice work in two languages.

Didn't the dislikes started with the Lyn banner? That wasn't a recent banner at this point. 

Though my point was that adding characters who are top 60 or whatever shouldn't cause people to be upset to an extent that IS would care. Of course they'd care if too many people got upset but if every single character in the top 40 has already been added, the next logical step is to look at the top 100 and so on. The fanbase would be satisfied because the characters would be relatively popular and wouldn't have an alt. Some might complain because it wasn't the banner they were looking for but that's going to happen with every banner. Hell this banner had zero alts and wasn't a Fates or Awakening banner yet people were still upset. That doesn't mean IS should stop adding characters outright. 

Edited by Icelerate