New Heroes: Fire and Ice!

Vaximillian

12 hours ago, The Priest said:

Considering that stacking Spd is still possible without them that's hardly an issue and as I said Slaying weapons will counterbalance this with faster specials.
Especially this condition can be abused by loading up the tome user with Spurs/Drives to fully take advantage of it. People can utilize Lucina or Chrom just fine, so this isn't anything different.

EDIT:
Let's not forget this doesn't exclude ranged Infantry. I'm very afraid what degenerate Firesweep Bow tactics are going to be born from this because this kind of adaptive damage is their wet dream.

1. The skill is very niche and restrictiv: need a tome user, need to be adjacent to it. Unless you are running a flyer tome user with guidance or Cavalry tome user, positioning this with 2x infantry is gonna be a bitch, especially on some specific arena maps!

2. Its only good in playerhands because the AI doesnt give a flying shit and will just move and attack

3. gees Infantry melee/daggers/bow could really use atm all the help they can get... and no i dont mean for PVE

4. any use for close counter or distant counter is gone because its an A skill

seriously dragons have it far easier and better...

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Free Surtr. +spd/-res, but still cool. Guess I'm done with this banner.

6 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Spent just the compensation orbs and the Arena reward to get my first Surtr, which will most likely be built because his nature isn't so bad (+HP/-Spd). I was getting one green in a full circle, and I pulled a total of three times (first and third circles had a green orb each, the second didn't). Got FlameLord himself on the third circle.

+hp/-def. bummer. but i guess.....it could be worse. 
would be nice to have armour units who weren't -def. :(

3 Surtrs in less than 75 orbs. 

No combinations that let me hit the 180 BST bucket, but yeah the underline pull rates were as advertised: best banner for sniping since the Wyvren side of a Voting Gauntlet. [+Res/-Def, +Def/-HP, +HP/-Res]. Building the first one for now. 

Edited by TheNiddo

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

+hp/-def. bummer. but i guess.....it could be worse. 
would be nice to have armour units who weren't -def. :(

Hey, at least he still ties vanilla Hector for defense even with the bane. But yeah, it still sucks.

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

why did Ylgr not get gen 2 stats and trainee boost? it would have made on her the most sense

I mean i know why Surtr got it because they wanted to attract whales.

Ylgr has gen 2 stats. Her BST range of 150-151 falls into the 150-152 range for gen 2 ranged units. Gen 1 ranged units have a 147-149 BST range.

And I'm surprised as well that they didn't make her a trainee since it would have fitted her much more than Surtr and they gave him the bonus.

5 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

And I'm surprised as well that they didn't make her a trainee since it would have fitted her much more than Surtr and they gave him the bonus.

I'm still convinced Surtr is actually a promoted Villager.

25 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Hey, at least he still ties vanilla Hector for defense even with the bane. But yeah, it still sucks.

it's my punishment for summoning for him. I didn't plan to, i was supposed to check in with my Summoning Support group (and i didn't) and RNG punished me with -def. haha

7 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Since everyone else is flipping tables about it & I'm not that just tells me that I'm out just out of touch with the community. And quite frankly I don't really care anymore not after the whole outrage for Lucina's alt. Although I do great pleasure knowing that the most dislike Heroes video now is about Surtr. That's unbelievably fitting

Actually Lucina's banner video still has a few more but it has far more likes. Also, Adrift banner has a lot more dislikes than this banner.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

why did Ylgr not get gen 2 stats and trainee boost? it would have made on her the most sense

I mean i know why Surtr got it because they wanted to attract whales.

I'm okay with Surtr having these stats because he's hyped as very big deal in the story of FEH.

I'm probably base Surtr it would be weak without developing the power of the flame to turn himself the beast.

4 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Actually Lucina's banner video still has a few more but it has far more likes. Also, Adrift banner has a lot more dislikes than this banner.

Damn, I knew it was too good to be true

On 21/11/2018 at 7:29 PM, Zangetsu said:

Damn, I knew it was too good to be true

This banner sold terrible compared to all the others within the past three months. I checked US, Canada and Japan and the results were the same. So you can find some satisfaction in that. 

I'm still probably going to summon on it. Surtr looks cool. 

7 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

This banner sold terrible compared to all the others within the past three months. I checked US, Canada and Japan and the results were the same. So you can find some satisfaction in that. 

I'm still probably going to summon on it. Surtr looks cool. 

The lowest point of the game this month seems to be the moment when the Corrin/Kana was the newest one... But yeah; this banner release window has a very low rank compared with the other ones.

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The lowest point of the game this month seems to be the moment when the Corrin/Kana was the newest one... But yeah; this banner release window has a very low rank compared with the other ones.

I think the reason behind IS making most villains GHB units is because they knew they wouldn't sell well. Only the most popular/sympathetic villains got the banner treatment. Surtr is far from sympathetic and while he scored quite highly, I think that was just for memes. I think IS wanted to know if they can sell a villain with no redeeming qualities and I think the answer to that is no. 

Corrin/Kana wasn't a new heroes banner so it wouldn't cause a spike in sales. 

Villains being unpopular makes sense. Even in Naruto polls, villains with a lot of screen-time/characterization did very poorly. 

Would you suggest a f2p to summon for fodder on this? I always heard that f2p should never summon for fodder (especially if like me you're hoarding orbs for PoR/RD) but I don't many units built (playing casually for the most part) and Spd Tactic/Chill Spd seem like amazing skills; not so sure about SS4, do we know if these lv.4 skills will be available in the future in some other form like a skill refine feature?

Finally got Surtr! He's fun.

3 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Would you suggest a f2p to summon for fodder on this? I always heard that f2p should never summon for fodder (especially if like me you're hoarding orbs for PoR/RD) but I don't many units built (playing casually for the most part) and Spd Tactic/Chill Spd seem like amazing skills; not so sure about SS4, do we know if these lv.4 skills will be available in the future in some other form like a skill refine feature?

By my count, if you snipe blue, it's an average of ~90 orbs to get Ylgr, and if you snipe green, it's an average of ~80 orbs to get Surtr. Not as steep as banners with more units, but still quite steep, especially since it could end up costing a lot more if you get bad luck.

Do you expect to get 80-90 orbs or more of value out of inheriting one of those skills onto a single unit? Seems unlikely to me. You can build your units just fine with 4* inheritance, you're not likely to have any specific character who really needs Spd Tactic or Chill Spd over alternative skills. Steady Stance 4 could be a big deal on certain units, but the long-term availability of level 4 skills could easily change quite a bit soon when 3.0 releases. Right now, no one knows if that'll happen, but we'll find out before this banner ends.

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

you're not likely to have any specific character who really needs Spd Tactic or Chill Spd over alternative skills.

But there are no real alternatives to Spd Tactic or Chill Spd though, right? I should probably wait until 3.0 releases, true that...

55 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

But there are no real alternatives to Spd Tactic or Chill Spd though, right? I should probably wait until 3.0 releases, true that...

Depends on what you mean by "alternative".

There are a lot of good B and C skills. Wings of Mercy, Desperation, Quick Riposte, Wary Fighter, and Breaker skills are all easily available for the B slot, and most of those do a lot more to help a unit's own speed issues. For a C slot, you can use Hone/Fortify/Spur/Drive/Goad/Ward skills.

There are team compositions where Chill Spd and Spd Tactic can be particularly valuable. For example, on a mixed team where you want to get a blade tome user to +6 Spd without one of the type-specific Hone skills. But if you inherit Spd Tactic onto a unit for the sake of that team, you'll only get that mileage out of it from using that specific unit on that specific team. And even then, maybe Hone Spd would be good enough. (Or Even/Odd Spd Wave, but those are also rare anyway.) Also, anyone can get the Def/Res Tactic seals, and combining those with a type Hone skill is an easier way to get to +6/6/6/6 on a mixed team as long as the unit you want to buff is compatible with type Hone and can fit on the same team. Also maybe we'll get Hone Spd 4 soon anyway.

Raising up ylgr. She just says "okay" for each selection quote. If that's some kind of joke, I aint laughing. And the lv 40 conversation is the first one that left me regretting raising a unit.

I was all for the infusion of OCs at the time of Fjorm. Back then, the only queer thing about them was the fixation on thigh windows. But now I'm afraid I'm not waiting with bated breath for Book 3.

4 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

If you want Chill Spd, get it. One of the best skills fast blue units can get. If you don't have any fast blue, don't get it. It works really well on blue melee horses and fliers, who don't have access to Wrath.

EDIT: To clarify, there are a decent number of blue units and a lot of red units that are fast. Green is regarded as a rather slow color, because a majority of units in that category have low to middling speed. You will be able to make the most out of Chill Spd against blues and reds than any combination containing green

Edited by silveraura25

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Raising up ylgr. She just says "okay" for each selection quote. If that's some kind of joke, I aint laughing. And the lv 40 conversation is the first one that left me regretting raising a unit.

I was all for the infusion of OCs at the time of Fjorm. Back then, the only queer thing about them was the fixation on thigh windows. But now I'm afraid I'm not waiting with bated breath for Book 3.

Don't have Ylgr, but yeah, Surtr's level 40 convo was pretty uninteresting, too. Grima's was really interesting because it didn't make him any less of a villain, but it did give us his logic behind deciding to destroy everything. I don't think Surtr's concept is terrible, but the conversation itself just fell so flat. He's gone from being a pompous dick who used the excuse of the weak should submit to the strong to be cruel to a much shittier version of Walhart who was already a lesser version of Ashnard IMO. At least he looks badass.

At least Loki's, Laegjarn's, and Laevatein's were interesting.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Don't have Ylgr, but yeah, Surtr's level 40 convo was pretty uninteresting, too. Grima's was really interesting because it didn't make him any less of a villain, but it did give us his logic behind deciding to destroy everything. I don't think Surtr's concept is terrible, but the conversation itself just fell so flat. He's gone from being a pompous dick who used the excuse of the weak should submit to the strong to be cruel to a much shittier version of Walhart who was already a lesser version of Ashnard IMO. At least he looks badass.

At least Loki's, Laegjarn's, and Laevatein's were interesting.

Surtr looks so badass he makes Ashnard look like a kitty cat.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:33 AM, Koumal8 said:

it depends.
the math works out - you do get a high quality of 5*'s within 50 to 80 orbs. so if you don't really care about Surtr or Ylgr and you just want to maximize your 5* count  - then sure?
But - it also shakes down for being somewhat similar to the legendary (the math average) - where you could get a specific (set of 3) heroes.
So my question would be the following

1: how many orbs do you have (if you have a surplus of 50 - then i'd say at least try  - the median number is 3 (that you'd get Surtr if you always hit green - I don't know the number for Ylgr sorry as my friend didn't ask me for those numbers but i'd assume it would be a touch higher because you'd more likely get blue orbs vs. green). 

2: Who is on the legendary banner  

and is the 6 (2 Legendaries + 2  Seasonals + 2 Regulars) - outweight a Surtr/Ylgr (vs. the entire pool). 
(Not to mention. you could be in the lower percentile and have to surpass 80 orbs)

3: While hoarding orbs for PoR/RD you'd still have to beat the RNG ;) 

i just think for someone who is like 85-95% F2P now. (and i did sort of buckle at this banner accidentally),  it's better to get your fodder + 1 in 12 chance of good units (or fodder) unless it's totally bunk. or just save (but again since math works, you could use 50-80 orbs in this banner and get something out of it), and continue to save.