World of Light Discussion/Hype Check

Zapp Branniglenn

World of Light  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Hype Check: World of Light?

• aaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHH
    • Oh cool, I wasn't holding out hope for an adventure mode so this is a nice surprise.
    • Meh, it's just event matches
  2. 2. Coolest feature in World of Light?

• Non linear routes to explore
    • RPG elements via equipping Spirits and filling in the Skill Tree
    • Spirit Battles
    • The Story/Cutscenes
  3. 3. After saving Mario, you have a fork in the road where one choice locks out the other two for later. Which route will you take?

• Northern Route (confirmed unlockable characters: Sheik, Mii Swordfighter)
    • Eastern Route (confirmed unlockable characters: Villager, Captain Falcon)
    • Western Route (confirmed unlockable characters: Marth)
    • I...might wait for a spoiler free guide for the characters I want most.
  4. 4. If you played only this mode, how long would you prefer it to take in order to nab each character and complete the main objectives on the way to the final boss?

• No more than two hours
    • 2-5 hours
    • 5-8 hours
    • 8 hours or more. I want it to match the length of Subspace Emissary at the very least

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can change difficulty during a playthrough. I did and it helped me.

I still can't clear the final battle though. It's extremely glitchy. I'm getting hit and launched by literally nothing. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Oh hey, you can. I was looking at the file selection screen but it was on the Options screen. Huh.

Final battle is easy, though. Just equip the Auto heal spirit. The Elise one is two slots and recovers I think 5HP every 5 seconds. Celebi spirit recovers more but uses up all three slots.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Final battle is easy, though. Just equip the Auto heal spirit. The Elise one is two slots and recovers I think 5HP every 5 seconds. Celebi spirit recovers more but uses up all three slots.

I did equip a healing spirit. And obviously, that's not going to fix this launch glitch.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I did equip a healing spirit. And obviously, that's not going to fix this launch glitch.

I doubt it's a glitch. Final battle does have a lot of things that launch you far away. I managed to get past the first part without losing a character, but I lost the first two on the actual battle and managed to reach a high % on the last one before clutching it.

You could argue it's cheap, but I don't think there was anything glitchy about the final battle.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

I doubt it's a glitch. Final battle does have a lot of things that launch you far away. I managed to get past the first part without losing a character, but I lost the first two on the actual battle and managed to reach a high % on the last one before clutching it.

You could argue it's cheap, but I don't think there was anything glitchy about the final battle.

Then it does feel very cheap. It doesn't appear I'm actually being touched by anything at all and I'm still launched. Ridiculous hitboxes maybe? But I see.

Also, the healing spirit I equipped was wedding Peach. Heals damage when you're critical. I don't have Elise, I guess I forgot to fight her.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then it does feel very cheap. It doesn't appear I'm actually being touched by anything at all and I'm still launched. Ridiculous hitboxes maybe? But I see.

Also, the healing spirit I equipped was wedding Peach. Heals damage when you're critical. I don't have Elise, I guess I forgot to fight her.

There was a part in one of the Dark World sections where the game asks you who is Chrom's young sister. Elise was one of the options, so your FE knowledge caused you to miss out on her.

17 minutes ago, Jave said:

There was a part in one of the Dark World sections where the game asks you who is Chrom's young sister. Elise was one of the options, so your FE knowledge caused you to miss out on her.

Yes, I remembered where she was. I could've gone back for her after that though. And I did just now. But doing so sent me back to the very beginning of this final stretch and that sucks. The first two phases took so long to get through. >_>

1 hour ago, Jave said:

For the record I used Lucina to beat both matches, and she's as close range as you can get. It's definitely not impossible to beat those matches with any character, just need to try harder.

Oh, and you can't change difficulty on Adventure mode on a started playthrough. Once it's set, it's set.

I didn't say it was impossible to win with close range combatants. It's entirely possible, but the long range attackers are just easier. 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I use Celebi with Great Autoheal, which lets me recover more. I realize for Boss Battles, it's better to have healing spirits rather than other types. You're in the fight for longterm after all.

28 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I didn't say it was impossible to win with close range combatants. It's entirely possible, but the long range attackers are just easier. 

I use Celebi with Great Autoheal, which lets me recover more. I realize for Boss Battles, it's better to have healing spirits rather than other types. You're in the fight for longterm after all.

Okay then.

I just went and used Elise. I was finally able to clear it with a little more effort! Still think some of these fights in this mode are just total wtf though.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You can change difficulty during a playthrough. I did and it helped me.

I still can't clear the final battle though. It's extremely glitchy. I'm getting hit and launched by literally nothing since I don't see any attacks hitting me. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

I could try going back to easy mode again, but that's the lame trash way out. I don't want to be considered a garbage player.

I was going to suggest you try reducing the difficulty. Seems like the best option if you just can't do something. I would recommend it for the final battle though. It's difficult, but it is mostly about remembering patterns and you do get three stock to get through it unlike the rest of World of Light (which makes it significantly easier than a lot of other battles. I actually think fighting them individually is harder than fighting them separately because of the three stock).

42 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I was going to suggest you try reducing the difficulty. Seems like the best option if you just can't do something. I would recommend it for the final battle though. It's difficult, but it is mostly about remembering patterns and you do get three stock to get through it unlike the rest of World of Light (which makes it significantly easier than a lot of other battles. I actually think fighting them individually is harder than fighting them separately because of the three stock).

I managed to clear the final battle on normal, actually. :) But thanks anyway!

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I managed to clear the final battle on normal, actually. :) But thanks anyway!

Excellent. Finally finish. Auto healing works wonders. I've used my Elise spirit for fodder to summon Zander. I figured I wouldn't need it for real play because Celebi is way better, but the completion of is telling me I'll have to play through almost all of the world of light to get her again :/ I wish spirit battles were refightable in World of Light without starting the entire thing again.

By the by, there is a challenge that asks you to do all of the final battle in one stock. That I would recommend doing on easy, because it refers to all three stages, and doing the first two again because you fail the third is just tedious.

Edited by Jotari

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Excellent. Finally finish. Auto healing works wonders. I've used my Elise spirit for fodder to summon Zander. I figured I wouldn't need it for real play because Celebi is way better, but the completion of is telling me I'll have to play through almost all of the world of light to get her again :/ I wish spirit battles were refightable in World of Light without starting the entire thing again.

By the by, there is a challenge that asks you to do all of the final battle in one stock. That I would recommend doing on easy, because it refers to all three stages, and doing the first two again because you fail the third is just tedious.

I see.

Yeah, I saw that. That still must be annoying to try doing though...