Fire Emblem Awakening Lunatic+

Diaqxolite

Hey all. I booted up my Awakening cartridge to find out that I didn't have my Lunatic+ save loaded, and it appears I have also lost my backup ;-;

So I have decided I'm going to replay the game through Lunatic+, and I want to have all the most 'optimal'/'best' pairings.

Now I've decided I'll probably be going with some sort of +Mag male avatar, and will most likely pair him with Cherche, if not Lucina.

With this in mind, I would like to ask what are the best pairings in Awakening?

Please and thanks.

Edited by Diaqxolite

29 minutes ago, Diaqxolite said:

Gameplay. Most optimal pairings to give the most broken army in the end game.

Cordelia would be a better wife for MaMU than Cherche. Lucina is pretty good too, but it will be a while before you get Morgan.

If not grinding on DLC....

I recommend to do Chrom/Sumia and MaMU/Cordelia. If you won't do quad Gladforce passdown, you can add Gregor/Miriel. Maybe marry Lissa off to Libra (through healing/Rescuing each other) as well. Ricken may be a better husband for Lissa than Libra, but he's hella hard to train and needs at least 10 levels before he can use Staves on Lissa. He'll take away exp that will be good for everyone else. Libra doesn't need combat exp.

As a bonus, all couples mentioned above produce good, if not great, kids to take postgame.

If grinding on DLC, Lucina is a better choice than Cherche. Save that Seed of Trust from Renown to get the Robcina train goin'!

Either way, Chrom should definitely marry Sumia. 

The Cherche choice is a small thing I'm doing out of preference, and I'll take the hit for whatever consequences that brings. The rest I don't really mind.

I do have DLC so I'll have the opportunity to grind the entire world's gears once I get past chapter 4.

6 minutes ago, Diaqxolite said:

The Cherche choice is a small thing I'm doing out of preference, and I'll take the hit for whatever consequences that brings. The rest I don't really mind.

I do have DLC so I'll have the opportunity to grind the entire world's gears once I get past chapter 4.

If you want to marry Cherche, that's fine. But you did mention you wanted to optimize your ingame team, hence why I made the suggestions. 

Edited by ChickenWings