The Grand Hero Battle's Table: Gharnef

SatsumaFSoysoy

25 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Mixing these 2 ideas is what I thought of: what if (assuming Hrid isn't the next legend, and is instead the free unit for Book3) this month's legendary banner is associated with Mystery and Gharnef? This immediately made me think: if Grima can be a legendary hero, why not Medeus?

who is Medeus?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Smog said:

Just like when I saw the Pokemon live-action movie trailer I thought this was fan-made as well.

That guy reminds me of Caster from Fate/Zero.

if you combine him and Manfroy with the cult thing they kind of add up to Caster

@mampfoid I like those ghost effects. I like it even better when the ghosts are sad in the damaged art. One of the best GHB art sets overall

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid I like those ghost effects. I like it even better when the ghosts are sad in the damaged art. One of the best GHB art sets overall

Haha, sad ghosts are nice too! 

In the attack animation he moves his arms like performing a kamehameha. Also the floating tome is nice. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Not evil enough. Nowi's tome floats too btw. 

I want to find a team for Garon, but starting with two reds isn't optimal. 

Oh right forgot Nowi is a witch, I was more thinking about infantry mages

Garon, Fallen Takumi and Gharnef for turn specific fun? Maybe give Fallen Takumi Lancebreaker, or just have a green dancer?

19 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Garon, Fallen Takumi and Gharnef for turn specific fun? Maybe give Fallen Takumi Lancebreaker, or just have a green dancer?

Na, Takumi runs with Oliver & Walhart. Team would not be infantry restricted. 

Perhaps Gharnef, Garon (should i start a G-theme?), F!Grima and ...

• Sutr (don't have him),
  • M!Grima (too much Grima),
  • Aversa (too much red),
  • Narcian, Michalis, Legion, Valter (are they evil enough?) 

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Na, Takumi runs with Oliver & Walhart. Team would not be infantry restricted. 

Perhaps Gharnef, Garon (should i start a G-theme?), F!Grima and ...

• Sutr (don't have him),
  • M!Grima (too much Grima),
  • Aversa (too much red),
  • Narcian, Michalis, Legion, Valter (are they evil enough?) 

Legion is insane, Narcian is a dick because of his ego, Michalis had his ego/pride bloated by Gharnef (deep down is a nice guy and would have become a great hero had he not have had Gharnef whisper into his ear) and Valter is maniacally evil

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Legion is insane, Narcian is a dick because of his ego, Michalis had his ego/pride bloated by Gharnef (deep down is a nice guy and would have become a great hero had he not have had Gharnef whisper into his ear) and Valter is maniacally evil

So Valter would be best choice, because of his evil-ness (wasn't he nice too before something happened?) and Michalis because of his connections to Gharnef. 

35 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

So Valter would be best choice, because of his evil-ness (wasn't he nice too before something happened?) and Michalis because of his connections to Gharnef. 

Valter was always a dick, according to Duessel, but after an incident where he wielded a magic Lance that was Duessel's heirloon and should only be touched in very specific circunstances, all his bad traits, his arrogance and violence, where  amplified to a psychotic degree, making him in the kind of  person that murders entire villages for fun. 

The lance in question is present in FEH as his Cursed Lance.

Never thought I’d see Gharnef look fairly handsome, compared to his earlier depictions where he’s a hideous, gray prune. What stunning art!

Gharnef as a unit is interesting, but his stats are kinda weird. I probably won’t use him myself, but he definitely deserved to be here. Having Gharnef sit out in FEH is like excluding Bowser from Mario Party.

I had to cheat with brave Lyn and 3 dancers. Otherwise I would've been stuck doing it for hours. Goes to show how unbalanced some units are though fliers on this map made things easy bcs flier effectiveness

I’m fed up with reinforcement maps where there is no place for manoeuvre, so Celica (and three not-Celicas) strikes back:
Screenshot_20181123-150509.png

The sword fighter would kill himself on Azura on his phase. Stage clear.

Oh, I’m also fed up with Guidance.

Edited by Vaximillian

FUCK YOU GHARNEF

It took me way too many tries, but I did beat him on infernal with Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, PA!Azura, and NY!Azura. And the most important trick to beating him? A little sacred seal called savage blow.