The Grand Hero Battle's Table: Gharnef

SatsumaFSoysoy

8 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster I think the most frustrating part is that I know these could be done... if I had the right skills/IVs for it. But oh well, things might change at a later date. Thank you for being so understanding. 

I'd be the first in line for a tome Takumi (although it would fly in the face of him having zero magic growth in Fates. But we can ignore that~)! And yes, using refreshers for more than support is always the best. 

I totally get you, I'm killing off units as we speak to try to beat Lucina Abyssal~ It can totally be frustrating, but if it gets to be too much, it's always fine to take a break~ All the maps will come back eventually~

Let's hope IS ignores it and finally gives this man a tome XP

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@mcsilas Sorry for being so late with these replies. Myrrh is a beast! Literally. I wonder if we'll ever get a dragon healer.

I'm jealous of your Lucina, honestly... I wish I got her.

The closest I could think of is Lilith, but either she'll be a Breath weapon user with healing skills (Reciprocal Aid, Renewal or a breath/special that heals adjacent allies) or she'd be a healer with a staff that does adaptive damage and she has a dragon-effective weakness like Julius

Also no problem, thanks I like reading the replies. Myrrh sure is one spooky monster, I never got her normal self so I'm really thankful for this one. And yes L!Lucina is one of the funnest units to use with her assist. Hope you get her soon.

@Azuris Yeah adult Tiki is my favourite Tiki, I love her design and grace in Awakening. At least after doing this clear, now I know to give Threaten Def on her if I need extra damage, you learn something new everyday. I like giving Threaten skills to defensive units who can survive multiple rounds of combat and gain extra damage when they Atk. Or if they have it as their native C skill like Raven.

Doh! I tried to ReinLyn Cheese this and got really screwed over by reinforcements. I sent Lyn up to smack the red flyer that spawns on the right, not knowing/remembering the green tome that spawns there. So it spawned beside her, trapping her in that one square and of course Rein can't beat up a green mage. Other than that  cheesing it was easy.

• 6 months later...

It's time for REVENGE!

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @Azuris @daisy jane @ruruo @Sasori @Robert of Normandy @kirauza343

Music: Possessed by Disease - From Nier Automata (I'm not quite sure if I used this before or not, but it's still awesome and fitting)

So this GHB kicked my ass over half a year ago and I've been holding a grudge ever since. Luckily, in that time, between the Flaw removal, Flowers, new skills and Skadi hitting +10, I finally became strong enough to beat this. Rather than staying cowed in the corner, I went for a more aggressive approach here, taking out as many enemies as I could every turn. Still had to teleport around a lot since movement was limited and awkward otherwise. Everyone got their shots in, except Nyakumi, whose job it was to take a hit and then get the others to safety throughout the fight. I am very satisfied with how it all came out. A really gratifying experience to say the least.

I'll see what I can do with the Princesses, but for now I am just going to bask in this victory for a bit.    

28 minutes ago, Nanima said:

It's time for REVENGE!

Congrats, sweeping his map is a great way to bring revenge upon Gharnef. :-)

Skadikumi was the secret star of this clear, getting the boss kill and applying skadi on Gharnef and the green fridge.

You know, this fight is actually the worst. I might have been distracted by what is surely a candidate for my worst banner (See: Getting only one 5* Hrid at 12.5% after putting all my orbs into it) which led to me withdrawing from the game for a week, but this GHB held me back.

How bad? I never cleared Lunatic.

Today, I finally get a chance to beat it. I will likely fail.

Askrtrio cleared with Brunonica (Sadly, this means I didn't get the infantry clear). 

Infantry cleared with Leif, Tailtiu, Nohrzura and Genny. Tailtiu just tore up, destroying a green manakete, so many red units and Gharnef by herself. Leif did a bit, Azura mainly danced, Genny healed.

Gharnef cleared with Nohrzura, Kliff and Brunonica. Kliff ended up wrecking Gharnef, so Gharnef fought himself in AA instead.

Infernal... Not yet. I had enough difficulty with the others as it was.

Great, another map with ridiculous fucking enemy reinforcements. These seriously need to be toned down or just go away from the game forever. It's even worse when this map is extremely constricted. I don't give a damn about Gharnef, but I'd really like the orbs. I DON'T like going through bullshit like this for them.

Protagonist Emblem makes its debut!

Only needed Atk/Def Bond on L!Marth~ I originally was planning on using OG!Alm instead of L!Alm but a mono-Red team just wasn’t cutting it, so he Overclassed and we have L!Alm here~ Infantry Flash on L!Marth usually doesn't matter much but it was a big help on this map letting Leif get some quick Bonfire procs when they were needed~

@mampfoid

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

It's time for REVENGE!

Music: Possessed by Disease - From Nier Automata (I'm not quite sure if I used this before or not, but it's still awesome and fitting)

So this GHB kicked my ass over half a year ago and I've been holding a grudge ever since. Luckily, in that time, between the Flaw removal, Flowers, new skills and Skadi hitting +10, I finally became strong enough to beat this. Rather than staying cowed in the corner, I went for a more aggressive approach here, taking out as many enemies as I could every turn. Still had to teleport around a lot since movement was limited and awkward otherwise. Everyone got their shots in, except Nyakumi, whose job it was to take a hit and then get the others to safety throughout the fight. I am very satisfied with how it all came out. A really gratifying experience to say the least.

I'll see what I can do with the Princesses, but for now I am just going to bask in this victory for a bit.    

I remember how much trouble this gave you when it first dropped, but look at your TakuSquad now, flying through those reinforcements like it’s nothing. That was a great strategy making Nyakumi an Escape Route vessel to move everyone around to safety while the others ran through the foes. A well deserved victory! Congrats to the Takus!

I finally succeeded at the infantry team quest with male Morgan, Yukata Elincia, Fjorm, and Linde. Male Morgan did most of the work here, that boy tore up the left side of the map good. Yukata Elincia also put in work slaying some of the dragons. She's so underrated as a dragon killer. Fjorm and Linde did a little, but not a whole lot, honestly.

Now to level up the 4 star Gharnef so I can do the quests requiring him... But I'll use a video since I don't intend to 5 star him or anything anytime soon. And I don't feel like spending a crapload of time on this because as I said, I don't care a lot about him.

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Finally! This is not an easy map, glad your new team worked so well. Will you give OG Alm a chance as well? Perhaps on a map without reinforcements, all-red isn't easy. 

When I saw Alm and Roy I thought it was minus speed emblem instead. No, really: Seeing Roy not bein able to double Gharnef was painful. 

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Infantry Flash on L!Marth usually doesn't matter much but it was a big help on this map letting Leif get some quick Bonfire procs when they were needed~

Was confused for a moment, I usually forget about that skill. 

Congrats, I like that theme!

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Some sweet justice for Linde

Linde delivered justice herself. She is one of the release units I'm still missing. 

Says a bit about my state of mind that I was concerned about missing out on the quest orbs because I don't have a copy of Gharnef going into this. Yeah...

Also thought he was a dragon for some reason.

There exist enough Tikis for a theme team clear. That perfect damage kill, tho:

2k5jSyM.png

Spoiler

326XA3F.png

+10 Tiki [+Spd] (Breath of Fog, Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Atk/Def Bond 3)
+10 Summer Tiki [+Atk] (Summer's Breath, Reposition, Moonbow, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Dragon Valor 3, Close Def 3)
+7 Dark Tiki [+Atk] (Razing Breath, Reposition, Aether, Brazen Atk/Spd 3, Special Fighter 3, Solitary Dream, Brazen Atk/Def 3)
+10 Legendary Tiki [+Atk] (Divine Mist, Reposition, Aether, Svalinn Shield, Bold Fighter, With Everyone!, Armored Boots)

I forgot to change out a bunch of skills (that Dragon Valor, tho), but I guess it didn't really matter.

... Apparently, I'm 1 copy of vanilla Linde short of running a theme team of 4 +10 Lindes...

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

There exist enough Tikis for a theme team clear. That perfect damage kill, tho:

Appropriate of course, given his little brainwash of her now being an alt and so is Idunn the inspired by the brainwash.

This is my first time looking at the map, and I see they went with Mystery Book 1 Chapter 18, which is totally different from FE1/11 Chapter 23. Shrinking that map down and leaving it recognizable I guess would have been harder. Though I'm still a tad surprised by the choice of the "changed" 1st Gharnef battle. At least they didn't invent Dulam/Glower and 2-4 range immobile Meteor tome users for a Book 2 Final Part 2 feel.

Gharnef's statline though is certainly inspired by 1/11, fast but relatively weak does describe him in those games.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 6/5/2019 at 4:12 PM, mampfoid said:

Congrats, sweeping his map is a great way to bring revenge upon Gharnef. 🙂

Skadikumi was the secret star of this clear, getting the boss kill and applying skadi on Gharnef and the green fridge.

Thanks!

It was a really great moment for that to happen, although Gharnef fired back with his own effect a turn later. Still, Skadi proved superior. 🙂

15 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Nice seeing those boys! And even nicer that they don't have to be all red anymore. Alm really did well balancing it. This looked very easy for them, seeing as they hardly had any trouble smiting the enemies. Leif using his tankiness to take out that annoying tin can was especially sweet.

15 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I remember how much trouble this gave you when it first dropped, but look at your TakuSquad now, flying through those reinforcements like it’s nothing. That was a great strategy making Nyakumi an Escape Route vessel to move everyone around to safety while the others ran through the foes. A well deserved victory! Congrats to the Takus!

Yes, it's very satisfying to have gotten so far. There was still a lot of trouble, but I am glad to have beaten it the way I wanted. Thanks!

And now let's show that the Princesses also have no fear of Gharnef:

@mcsilas @Sasori @Azuris @ruruo @daisy jane @kirauza343 @Robert of Normandy

Music: 1. Another Episode - from Madoka Magica Rebellion 2. Credens Justitiam - from Madoka Magica (just like them Magical girls)

First off, the girls have some new toys to play with: Sakunyan now has Swift Sparrow from that one off-banner Brave!Lyn I pulled recently, Senkura has Atk/Spd Bond from Louise (although it didn't get to be showcased this time) and OG!Sakura now has Joint Hone Spd 4! Yes, giving my faves expensive skills is how I cope with terrible luck on banners.. Anyway, the girls were all happy to show off around here, except Senkura whose role was mostly to buff and heal at the end. Seems like my clears for this map always require someone like that. There was definitely some shuffling needed at times and it was not easy to figure out my way through, but oh so satisfying when I did. OG!Sakura being the mvp isn't too surprising anymore, but I loved how much she did on this map regardless.

I have one more idea for a clear to this. Not the stars this time, but something a little thematic. I'll see if I can pull it off soon. Anyway, thank you for watching so far and hope you enjoyed!

This GHB was really difficult for me when it first came out.  Looking back, I couldn't get my normal teams to work and had jump through all sorts of hoops.  As I was selecting infantry to clear the quests, I noticed that the enemies seemed highly susceptible to my recent star unit.  Lots of mages and dragons, and every blue enemy is magic-based.  I think you know what's coming.

@mampfoid @Landmaster (Hope you two don't mind the tags -- you're the ones that tend to respond to my clear vids. x) )

23 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Finally! This is not an easy map, glad your new team worked so well. Will you give OG Alm a chance as well? Perhaps on a map without reinforcements, all-red isn't easy. 

When I saw Alm and Roy I thought it was minus speed emblem instead. No, really: Seeing Roy not bein able to double Gharnef was painful. 

Was confused for a moment, I usually forget about that skill. 

Congrats, I like that theme!

I will defs try to use OG!Alm next time I try this team~ Hopefully on a map that has a little more space to better handle all the blues that we had to face in this one. Haha! OG!Alm would also fit since he's -Spd~

But yeah, I hate that Roy's so slow but with those new Weekly Banners just announced, maybe I can fix him

16 hours ago, Nanima said:

🙂

Nice seeing those boys! And even nicer that they don't have to be all red anymore. Alm really did well balancing it. This looked very easy for them, seeing as they hardly had any trouble smiting the enemies. Leif using his tankiness to take out that annoying tin can was especially sweet.

Yes, it's very satisfying to have gotten so far. There was still a lot of trouble, but I am glad to have beaten it the way I wanted. Thanks!

And now let's show that the Princesses also have no fear of Gharnef:

Music: 1. Another Episode - from Madoka Magica Rebellion 2. Credens Justitiam - from Madoka Magica (just like them Magical girls)

First off, the girls have some new toys to play with: Sakunyan now has Swift Sparrow from that one off-banner Brave!Lyn I pulled recently, Senkura has Atk/Spd Bond from Louise (although it didn't get to be showcased this time) and OG!Sakura now has Joint Hone Spd 4! Yes, giving my faves expensive skills is how I cope with terrible luck on banners.. Anyway, the girls were all happy to show off around here, except Senkura whose role was mostly to buff and heal at the end. Seems like my clears for this map always require someone like that. There was definitely some shuffling needed at times and it was not easy to figure out my way through, but oh so satisfying when I did. OG!Sakura being the mvp isn't too surprising anymore, but I loved how much she did on this map regardless.

I have one more idea for a clear to this. Not the stars this time, but something a little thematic. I'll see if I can pull it off soon. Anyway, thank you for watching so far and hope you enjoyed!

Thanks! Leif surprised me with his natural bulk, I was happy the team worked pretty well together.

Hinoka coming within just inches of death right away looked scary but she was just getting set up for the Desperation rampage. Speaking of, OG!Sakura couldn’t wait to tear this map up. Save some for the rest of the girls, haha! Sakura and Hinoka took out most of the threats but Sakunyan also offered in a helpful paw to save Hinoka and Senkura healing OG!Sakura for those crucial moments was great~ Princesses did just as well as their brother, wonderful work!

Looking forward to the next one!

4 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

This GHB was really difficult for me when it first came out.  Looking back, I couldn't get my normal teams to work and had jump through all sorts of hoops.  As I was selecting infantry to clear the quests, I noticed that the enemies seemed highly susceptible to my recent star unit.  Lots of mages and dragons, and every blue enemy is magic-based.  I think you know what's coming.

@mampfoid @Landmaster (Hope you two don't mind the tags -- you're the ones that tend to respond to my clear vids. x) )

I don't mind at all, tag away!

Julius has absolutely no problem here, everything is so easily tanked. Physical units, blue units, and Gharnef himself barely leaves a scratch. He is so good with Mystic Boost so he can QR into infinity. Blood certainly rained for him today, well done!

On 6/6/2019 at 2:15 PM, Flying Shogi said:

@eclipse @mampfoid

Took a page out of @Sasori's book and decided to bring DW!Tiki. Man, those fliers are bulky. Couldn't bring the whole family this time but the twins got each other's backs

Feathered fliers tend to have stupid-high Res.  That's why Jaffar would be perfect for this team.  One day!

On 6/7/2019 at 8:53 AM, Landmaster said:

Thanks! Leif surprised me with his natural bulk, I was happy the team worked pretty well together.

Hinoka coming within just inches of death right away looked scary but she was just getting set up for the Desperation rampage. Speaking of, OG!Sakura couldn’t wait to tear this map up. Save some for the rest of the girls, haha! Sakura and Hinoka took out most of the threats but Sakunyan also offered in a helpful paw to save Hinoka and Senkura healing OG!Sakura for those crucial moments was great~ Princesses did just as well as their brother, wonderful work!

Looking forward to the next one!

Leif is indeed a great wall for an infantry sword.

Yeah, I was unsure if it would wor out for her through the fight, but she managed to either kill the enemies right away or stay out of their way. I think telling her that is useless, she enjoys the fight too much at this point. haha;; Princesses worked great together, which was a relief with this map. Glad to have it thoroughly beaten now. xD

And speaking of:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Sasori @kirauza343 @Azuris @daisy jane @ruruo @Robert of Normandy

Music: Ghost Ship- from Grandia 1 (perhaps an odd choice of music, but I liked how the more sinister athmosphere fit with Gharnef, while the triumphant parts fit with the general feeling of glorious payback!)

Tak-Tak helps the Tikis get revenge on this old bastard. I originally wanted this to be an all Tiki clear, but L!Tiki sadly still refused to show up for me, so the chance for that has now passed (considering Intsys doesn't re-add the old GHB maps anymore). Having three units with dragon effective attacks on this map definitely helped a lot, even if two of them being red limited my options a bit. F!Tiki was the mvp here, taking on lots of different enemies. Sunkumi shot up the left side, while Og!Tiki made sure he wouldn't get hurt. It was sweet to see how easy a time the Tikis had with this map and especially satisfying to murder Gharnef with F!Tiki. Now that's what I call a thorough payback.

Hope you enjoyed!  

On 6/5/2019 at 3:42 PM, Nanima said:

It's time for REVENGE!

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @Azuris @daisy jane @ruruo @Sasori @Robert of Normandy @kirauza343

Don't know if you used it before....I also forgot where this one plays, but Nier Automata music is always cool.

But nice job beating the shit out of your grudge. It always feel nice to break down the brick wall. I can also see why this map would be tricky for a all physical colourless team. That armour took 0 damage from all, but specials and Gharnef's instant charge special means he can't be underestimated either. All the fancy teleports and repo's really came in handy.

It seems you did't stop at revenge and went on a revenge spree afterwards😅 Tiki and Tak-Tak made for a surprisingly fun duo last summer and they where formidable on the battlefield together.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:56 AM, Landmaster said:

Only needed Atk/Def Bond on L!Marth~ I originally was planning on using OG!Alm instead of L!Alm but a mono-Red team just wasn’t cutting it, so he Overclassed and we have L!Alm here~ Infantry Flash on L!Marth usually doesn't matter much but it was a big help on this map letting Leif get some quick Bonfire procs when they were needed~

@mampfoid

Oh hey its my favourite Fire Emblem Lord and two lords that are amongst my favourites. Leif is cool too. I probably should bring him out some time too. Yikes at the speed banes on Roy and Alm though.

But good job. LMarth made short work of those manakets and Alm shredded through all. Leif's job seemed to be to get Alm untrapped from his corner while Roy was up to his usual galeforce tactics.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:15 AM, Flying Shogi said:

@eclipse @mampfoid

Took a page out of @Sasori's book and decided to bring DW!Tiki. Man, those fliers are bulky. Couldn't bring the whole family this time but the twins got each other's backs.

Haha glad I could be some inspiration :) But yeah Fallen Tiki and the twins had a terrible time with those high res fliers with me too.

But cute team. Fallen Tiki was a unstopable self healing wall and both twins got a few good hits in while supporting each other. Ninian's babysitting helped everyone too. Planning on a family team in the future then?

Also i've gotten used to Sam Riegel (normally very good, but sadly miscasted here) as Raigh, but after hearing it I think his Japanese voice suits him better.

-----------
I seemed to have been unable to clear Gharnef last time, but it took surprisingly little tinkering to beat Gharnef this time. Such a mustache twirler should be dealt with by more noble figures. So its best girl Louise, two good girls and one good boy vs Gharnef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vzPnGeCXxk