The Grand Hero Battle's Table: Gharnef

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Icelerate said:

Does this mean the next new heroes banner will be Archanae? 

Dunno. Could be that Loki made friends with Gharnef and recruited him to help her with her plans

Well this is the best Heroes related news I've received in a while. I know it's really silly, but I would've been cool with them dropping his res a bit to give him especially good speed, like 36/21 since he was pretty speedy in life. Also, I know Imhulu's effect is objectively more useful than a lot of stuff they could have done, but I still can't help being a little disappointed. Four turns is a while to stall, even if it is doable, and a part of me wishes he'd gotten something like Julius to amp up his own personal combat. But hey, at least Linde can kick the crap out of him and ignore Imhulu's effect, just like in the actual games. Now just Linde alt with Starlight.

Despite my mild disappointment, and still being a bit more partial to in-game SD Gharnef (this art is still awesome too), this is still surprisingly great news.

3 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Can’t see the image, but judging by so many mentions of Linde, it wasn’t hard to figure out it was, at last, Gharnef Wesker

surprisingly handsome gharnef wesker. like, its mostly comparatively but its still disturbingly noticeable how much more fuckable he is.

*retches in mouth a bit again*

4 minutes ago, Granny said:

I don't know that guy. I usually don't mind that, but he looks like a standard evil guy who will probably have standard evil lines. Thats boring... guess it's okay if others are happy, but I see no reason to ever use him.

Totally standard evil guy with standard evil lines.

But he's the original FE main villain so he's pretty well overdue.

5 minutes ago, Granny said:

I don't know that guy. I usually don't mind that, but he looks like a standard evil guy who will probably have standard evil lines. Thats boring... guess it's okay if others are happy, but I see no reason to ever use him.

Well he is the franchise's first major villain. So yeah, he'll likely be pretty basic, much like Marth himself.

7 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Can’t see the image, but judging by so many mentions of Linde, it wasn’t hard to figure out it was, at last, Gharnef Wesker

If Gharnef doesn't demand an egg from me like Wesker, I'm turning him into the feathers of a creature that lays eggs.

Looks like we got a second SD villain.

2 minutes ago, Granny said:

Gharnef is from Shadow Dragon (Marth's game, originating from the NES days and remade for DS) and showed up in Warriors. He hypnotized Tiki before she and Marth met for the first time and I think is a manakete except he prefers using magic? In any case, he's not just some generic bad guy made out of nowhere for Heroes.

29 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Well this is the best Heroes related news I've received in a while. I know it's really silly, but I would've been cool with them dropping his res a bit to give him especially good speed, like 36/21 since he was pretty speedy in life. Also, I know Imhulu's effect is objectively more useful than a lot of stuff they could have done, but I still can't help being a little disappointed. Four turns is a while to stall, even if it is doable, and a part of me wishes he'd gotten something like Julius to amp up his own personal combat. But hey, at least Linde can kick the crap out of him and ignore Imhulu's effect, just like in the actual games. Now just Linde alt with Starlight.

Despite my mild disappointment, and still being a bit more partial to in-game SD Gharnef (this art is still awesome too), this is still surprisingly great news.

>pretty speedy in life

>one of the leading reason why poor Wendell got nerfed in every subsequent appearance

WENDELL DID NOTHING WRONG, GHARNEF IS JUST WEAK

1 minute ago, Granny said:

hes basically the trend setter for fire emblems evil sorcerer archtype, a damn effective one at that really since in both cases his plans almost succeed through the use of manipulation. he is fairly standard evil yes, especially in retrospect, but i will say that he tends to really own his evilness so its a good chance that hell be incredibly evil hammy in his lines and portrayal (ie, i lick the tears off of children well i kick puppies and blow up buildings evil).

also hes being voiced by DC douglas, aka albert wesker.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

If Gharnef doesn't demand an egg from me like Wesker, I'm turning him into the feathers of a creature that lays eggs.

Looks like we got a second SD villain.

Gharnef is from Shadow Dragon (Marth's game, originating from the NES days and remade for DS) and showed up in Warriors. He hypnotized Tiki before she and Marth met for the first time and I think is a manakete except he prefers using magic? In any case, he's not just some generic bad guy made out of nowhere for Heroes.

gharnefs human, just an incredibly talented mage who trained with lindes dad but went coocoo for coco world conquering. He also has the distinction of orchestrating the events of both shadow dragon and new mystery, reviving medeus, urging michalis to seize the throne, taking over khadia and thabes city and turning them into his into his personal cities, killing a whole bunch of people, causing hardins fall into madness, and i believe hes also the one who killed marths dad.

if anything, gharnef is atleast efficient when he wants to be.

15 minutes ago, NobodiePichu said:

surprisingly handsome gharnef wesker. like, its mostly comparatively but its still disturbingly noticeable how much more fuckable he is.

*retches in mouth a bit again*

I mean it's mostly just that he actually looks like a human being here rather than a deformed zombie but yeah it's a weird effect, why is Gharnef looking this good-

10 minutes ago, NobodiePichu said:

hes basically the trend setter for fire emblems evil sorcerer archtype, a damn effective one at that really since in both cases his plans almost succeed through the use of manipulation. he is fairly standard evil yes, especially in retrospect, but i will say that he tends to really own his evilness so its a good chance that hell be incredibly evil hammy in his lines and portrayal (ie, i lick the tears off of children well i kick puppies and blow up buildings evil).

gharnefs human, just an incredibly talented mage who trained with lindes dad but went coocoo for coco world conquering. He also has the distinction of orchestrating the events of both shadow dragon and new mystery, reviving medeus, urging michalis to seize the throne, taking over khadia and thabes city and turning them into his into his personal cities, killing a whole bunch of people, causing hardins fall into madness, and i believe hes also the one who killed marths dad.

No, Marth's dad is killed by Camus after he lost advantage by Gra betrayal. this is why REVENGER MARTH primary target enemy is King Jiol, and he really stopped being a raging revenger with overly inflated sense of self importance after Jiol. Its also why Camus is so hyped up as the most powerful human alive - the original intent of the lore was for them to potray Camus as a being so far beyond imagination, he destroyed a well trained army led by Marth's dad who is invincibile in close combat

....and yup, Marth as we know it now actually originates in FE12. FE11 Marth fits into Smash Bros Marth meme than everyone think he is

5 minutes ago, NobodiePichu said:

That's one thing I've always liked about Gharnef. For how generic his personality is, he's a pretty dang good tactician. He set in motion much of the chaos around Archanea and it really took everything Marth had to beat him on both occasions. 

The art is absolutely fucking gorgeous. HACCAN returns to land a grand slam, touchdown, and catch the golden snitch in one go.

I am also extremely pleased that it's based off of his Mystery of the Emblem appearance where he isn't some round, squat ball of necrotic tissue.

He looks like an evil Tolkein elf (with human ears) with his pulled-back straight hair, handsome face, and smug smile.

EDIT: And the sad Imhullu faces on the damaged art are kind of cute.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

No, Marth's dad is killed by Camus after he lost advantage by Gra betrayal. this is why REVENGER MARTH primary target enemy is King Jiol, and he really stopped being a raging revenger with overly inflated sense of self importance after Jiol. Its also why Camus is so hyped up as the most powerful human alive - the original intent of the lore was for them to potray Camus as a being so far beyond imagination, he destroyed a well trained army led by Marth's dad who is invincibile in close combat

....and yup, Marth as we know it now actually originates in FE12. FE11 Marth fits into Smash Bros Marth meme than everyone think he is

actually, they never specifically state who killed cornelius. jiol definitely played a part but its never specified that he killed cornelius himself just that he betrayed him, camus says that he was "party to your fathers murder" but even then one could question the validity of that statement, and gharnef had the falchion so its possible he did the deed and in fact thats what the anime version went with but its never specifically stated.

personally i like the idea of gharnef doing the deed since its very in character for him, but it does seem that it was a collaborative murder atleast.