The Grand Hero Battle's Table: Gharnef

SatsumaFSoysoy

Wow, I wasn't even in the game today, apart from a quick round of Grand Conquest and you already have your turn 1 clears done. Impressive as always.

@LordFrigid even did it with a 4* and @mampfoid without a singly merge. Well done. I am already looking forward to the legendary next week.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Lunatic with Innes, L!Ike, Brave Hector and Ninian. All standart skillset, just Hector with Armored Boots, only needed it in the first turn anyway.

It was a very fun battle, but i'm not sure if i want to do Infernal on my own yet. Reinforcement maps just tend to not be fun on Infernal.

I am completely stumped. 
Am running Brave Lyn (with Savage Blow SS) - Neutral/Vanilla. 
Olivia - base kit - Hone Spd 2SS
Fjorm - base kit, QR2 SS
MInizurz - basekit - Atk/Def Bond2. 

i'm following this guide

the Blue Mage hits Lyn for 17 damage - not 19. (i'm not understanding why). 
and because of this. - at the very end - Lyn dies and I lose because of that +2 difference. I'd compensate, but i don't know what i'm compensating

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I am completely stumped. 
Am running Brave Lyn (with Savage Blow SS) - Neutral/Vanilla. 
Olivia - base kit - Hone Spd 2SS
Fjorm - base kit, QR2 SS
MInizurz - basekit - Atk/Def Bond2. 

i'm following this guide

the Blue Mage hits Lyn for 17 damage - not 19. (i'm not understanding why). 
and because of this. - at the very end - Lyn dies and I lose because of that +2 difference. I'd compensate, but i don't know what i'm compensating

I dunno about your unit's stats or how close they follow the guide, so i'm not sure how to fix this. 

Have you tried giving your Lyn summoner support C? Maybe she can survive with the +3 HP and +2 Res.

19 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I dunno about your unit's stats or how close they follow the guide, so i'm not sure how to fix this. 

Have you tried giving your Lyn summoner support C? Maybe she can survive with the +3 HP and +2 Res.

i actually figured it out. 
I never gave Minizura her actual B skill. (I gave her my Dancer Special). she needs the resistance buff. 
Fixing now :) and we should be good to go!

Okay and Done and Done. 
All 3 Garnefs.this was hard. (for me)

------
if anyone follows this one. (i know that i'm the baby here and i still need guide-handholding haha). 
if you upgraded your Atk/Def bond skill  to level 2 (or even 3). Lyn is stupidly buffed and she'll totally survive the hit (but you do need Azura's Torrent Dance. for the Res Support) but something happened that Lyn didn't have enough power to outright kill the Manatke (now i think had i kept HA3 on Azura (i removed it) she probably would have. but it was enough damage for Fjorm to clean up) :)

Edited by daisy jane

@mampfoid Dang, Elincia coming through.  Was surprised to see she could survive that Bonfire.  This is definitely one of those GHBs that seems easier to tackle with the one-turn method than any "normal" way.

This one was very difficult for me.  I couldn't clear it with my usual flier team or even my Abyssal A-team of Rein/Nanna/PA!Azura/A!Tiki.  Had to swap out Tiki for B!Lyn and make a lot of adjustments to the skills.  There are so many reinforcements, and the wall in front of the starting position is so awkwardly placed.  X_x

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@mampfoidIt's disgusting how good Galeforce is

It's pretty cool, but you have to meet some requirements to make it work. :-)

2 hours ago, Azuris said:

Wow, I wasn't even in the game today, apart from a quick round of Grand Conquest and you already have your turn 1 clears done. Impressive as always.

@LordFrigid even did it with a 4* and @mampfoid without a singly merge. Well done. I am already looking forward to the legendary next week.

Thanks!

I fear the legendary map a little, Abyssal stats are really crazy. 

58 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid Dang, Elincia coming through.  Was surprised to see she could survive that Bonfire.  This is definitely one of those GHBs that seems easier to tackle with the one-turn method than any "normal" way.

This one was very difficult for me.  I couldn't clear it with my usual flier team or even my Abyssal A-team of Rein/Nanna/PA!Azura/A!Tiki.  Had to swap out Tiki for B!Lyn and make a lot of adjustments to the skills.  There are so many reinforcements, and the wall in front of the starting position is so awkwardly placed.  X_x

Yeah, making fragile -DEF Elincia survive any Bonfire is always a task. ATK smoke and DEF tactic helped. 

Reinforcements are better avoided. I'll try a themed clear this weekend to see if I can handle them. 

@mampfoid The enemies looked nicely set up for this one, especially since you could reach an enemy without using a positioning skill. Elincia is amazing here especially tanking that bonfire. Nice job!

The sound cuts off for some reason but here you go anyway

I would like to thank whoever came up with the idea to give Aversa Odd Res Wave because whoever did is a lifesaver. This one was one of the harder GHBs for sure but it was definitely satisfying to beat.

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid

GHB: Gharnef, AKA “How to space enemies in a 1-turn-friendly manner, part 2” (with part 1 being Corrin & Kana).

Another one making the map look easy, but these enemies are so close together, it works out.

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Quads work too, I guess. That's a lotta buffs/debuffs.

@LordFrigid @Zeo @Alexmender @mcsilas @Vaximillian @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Here's my Gharnef clear. I made sure to have Linde kill him with Aura. Maybe someday we'll get a Linde alt with Starlight.

Loved the Linde clear! Lucina and Julia were great clearing the way for her. And taking out Gharnef on 1 HP was satisfying.

5 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

@mampfoid @Landmaster No, moving Titania to bait Gharnef wasn't necessary. Yes, flexing on Gharnef was necessary.

I could've saved myself a lot of grief by using a different set of skills/units, but I wanted to see if I could pull it off with the usual suspects first. The biggest problems were, of all things, the Axe Knight with Harsh Command and the Axe Cavalier with Lunge. It took me a few tries to find a formation where F!Grima wouldn't pop like a water balloon from getting dragged out of position and slaughtered by a unit whose debuffs were inverted (case and point, she lives with 2 HP after tanking Gharnef). It just goes to show how the unexpected and underused skills can shove a monkey wrench in your usual strategy. It's given me the idea to run Harsh Command on my Aether Raids team to counter the billion Aversas flying around.

F!Grima put in a lot of work here, I see a lot of people run AOE Specials on her and they're great for maps like this. That Lunge Cav is pretty annoying. And Harsh Command does come in handy, I have wanted to use it more with all the Ploys running around.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Gharnef in one turn: 

Elincia needed some help to beat that 50 DEF/ Special Fighter armor: Hone Fliers / DEF tactic by Airzura, DEF ploy by OG Azura and her own (brand new) ATK smoke. 

@daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy Didn't we talk about Elincia earlier? :-) 

I liked seeing Oscar here since I don't see him every day. The skills and Seals here really helped get the job done.

I have personally yet to clear this on Infernal yet because I want to figure it out on my own, though I'll probably use PM's strategy just to get it done. I did do a theme clear but it's only Lunatic Mode, but I will be sharing that, at least once it uploads~

@mampfoid

I believe your Elincia is -Def? Even then, she still pulled survived a Bonfire from a 50 Def unit. Impressive!

For my clear, I had to remove Vantage from Camus once again to not charge the special on the axe flier. I should probably give him something other than Vantage but I'm not sure what since it usually doesn't do much. Reinhardt actually took out Gharnef on my initial clear but I don't remember how I moved my units for that run so I let Camus do the honors instead.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

Lunatic Theme Clear

All Mystery/New Mystery of the Emblem characters~ The main reason I liked this one because it showed off Athena a bit.

Jeorge being -Atk and missing that kill by 1HP hurts (though it makes no difference). The funniest part about it was I was so sure Athena wasn't going to survive that last Sword Flier that I kept throwing the match to restart and it turns out she lives it (+Def and Def refine on Wo Dao really worked some wonders). And Parthia saves Jeorge from Gharnef killing him so it was nice he got to do a bit, too (now if I could just pull one that's not -Atk....). Marth is also fun, I finally upgraded him to 5* earlier this week so he can actually do stuff~

47 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid The enemies looked nicely set up for this one, especially since you could reach an enemy without using a positioning skill. Elincia is amazing here especially tanking that bonfire. Nice job!

The sound cuts off for some reason but here you go anyway

I would like to thank whoever came up with the idea to give Aversa Odd Res Wave because whoever did is a lifesaver. This one was one of the harder GHBs for sure but it was definitely satisfying to beat.

Did you mean to give ORW to Marisa? XP And you're right about this being a hard map but you seemed not to have too much trouble with the usual team. Marisa's Ignis output always impresses me. I like that you could do it without a dancer~ I'm struggling to do so, myself~ XP

3 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Thanks! Yeah, it's good when the enemies don't hide in the upper corner, far far away from everything. 

3 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Yep, Odd RES Wave made a difference here (RIP Aversa). Marisa eats blue dragons for breakfast now.

After eating Ghanef's special effect and a big heap of enemies waiting at the stairs, I wondered how your team would manage. 

Micaiahs 1 HP survival was part of a great final where Gharnef didn't stand a chance against Celica. Your team really cracked a hard nut here, those are some sturdy opponents. Congrats! 

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I believe your Elincia is -Def? Even then, she still pulled survived a Bonfire from a 50 Def unit. Impressive!

Thanks! Yep, she is -DEF. That bane helps from time to time to meet the WoM HP requirement, but in these cases it's hard to keep her alive. 

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

For my clear, I had to remove Vantage from Camus once again to not charge the special on the axe flier. I should probably give him something other than Vantage but I'm not sure what since it usually doesn't do much. Reinhardt actually took out Gharnef on my initial clear but I don't remember how I moved my units for that run so I let Camus do the honors instead.

You keep battle animations off, but your clears are incredibly fast regardless. I like that! 

Your team didn't struggle with the tight spaces, they kept killing fast enough to have enough space. Congrats! 

Camus could use Escape Route, Desperation or a Chill skill if Vantage doesn't work on a map. 

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I liked seeing Oscar here since I don't see him every day. The skills and Seals here really helped get the job done.

Oscar is part of my GF squad since some time now. I think he was featured for the first time in Valter's GHB.

Lunatic Theme Clear

Did you promote (and refine!) a -ATK Jeorge, or is he from before the mass demotion? 

Anyway he is doing a great job here, eating Gharnefs Ignis! Congrats! 

I like your team, seasonal cavs are fun and I almost never see Athena. Jeorge was my first ever 5* archer (I pulled him with +ATK/-SPD then). 

And the Infernal Clear~ Sadly, I couldn't figure it out without a Dancer.

I know it's pretty cheap using Marth, but he was the best chance I had of not having to resort to the Guides XP This was all about using his and Morgan's Buffs to allow us to get as many kills as we could before the reinforcements came. The Distant Def on Morgan was needed to survive Gharnef. Drive Atk on Silvia was (and I didn't realize this till I removed it to try something else) needed for Mae to kill the first Red Manakete. I'm really not sure if Spur Def on Mae ended up doing anything but she did Inherit Glimmer for this map because she needed a faster charging skill than Glacies to get the early kills and it worked out with the helpful buffs~

The biggest trouble really just amounted to positioning and being able to kill Gharnef when we did, because wasting another turn to bait him out just makes the map too crowded because he takes at least two hits to kill and trying to use Mae to do it, means Morgan has to take two turns to kill the Swordie and it just ended up being too much to deal with)~ 

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oscar is part of my GF squad since some time now. I think he was featured for the first time in Valter's GHB.

Did you promote (and refine!) a -ATK Jeorge, or is he from before the mass demotion? 

Anyway he is doing a great job here, eating Gharnefs Ignis! Congrats! 

I like your team, seasonal cavs are fun and I almost never see Athena. Jeorge was my first ever 5* archer (I pulled him with +ATK/-SPD then). 

Cool, I like seeing lesser used units like him~

He is indeed from before the mass demotion (also my first 5* archer) and I haven't been able to pull another one since X( I swear, it's always my husbandos~

Yeah, I was really impressed he could take it on his own, I do love that Parthia refine!

Thanks, I really wanted to use Athena, I'm glad she put in more work than I expected. 

36 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

And the Infernal Clear~ Sadly, I couldn't figure it out without a Dancer.

Hey, I used two dancers ^^'

No really, it's valid to use them, dancers are assist units with pros and cons like any other unit. 

Mae doesn't even need the owl-effect of her tome, she kills also alone. Marth is really strong, hopefully I'll get one on his next banner. And Morgan takes care of boss Gharnef and some other units. 

Good luck getting a better Jeorge! 

16 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Before the light dies and book 3 opens! Gharnef infernal vs Askrtrio and Veronica with Full power!

Galeforce Sharena!, I don't know if I saw that before? 

100 damage final blow was the perfect finisher.

Another one solved, well done! I'm curious how book three will have effect on your clears. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

You keep battle animations off, but your clears are incredibly fast regardless. I like that! 

Thanks! I keeping my clears short since it's easier for me to go back to in case I want to reference them again. Also, I feel like keeping the animations off makes it easier to follow in case there is some combats need an explanation regarding the math behind it, which I do from time to time. I'm glad it suits your taste.

Your team didn't struggle with the tight spaces, they kept killing fast enough to have enough space. Congrats! 

Yeah, this map was pretty open so that definitely helped. 

Camus could use Escape Route, Desperation or a Chill skill if Vantage doesn't work on a map. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try out Escape Route once I get Cecilia to +10. If they release a unit with a Chill that's available at 4* then I'm more than willing to try that. 

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Gharnef in one turn: 

Elincia needed some help to beat that 50 DEF/ Special Fighter armor: Hone Fliers / DEF tactic by Airzura, DEF ploy by OG Azura and her own (brand new) ATK smoke. 

@daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy Didn't we talk about Elincia earlier? :-) 

this was awesome. may i get this good someday
(also may Elincia finally get on legendary and i get her. pls pls pls, game?)

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Hey, I used two dancers ^^'

No really, it's valid to use them, dancers are assist units with pros and cons like any other unit. 

Mae doesn't even need the owl-effect of her tome, she kills also alone. Marth is really strong, hopefully I'll get one on his next banner. And Morgan takes care of boss Gharnef and some other units. 

Good luck getting a better Jeorge! 

True, but for one turn clears, they can be needed XP

I don't really have a problem with dancers, but I feel like lately I rely on them a bit much and seeing other peoples' clears where they can get it done without one makes me want to try more with strategizing than going straight to the dancers. But I'll probably need more merged units for that~

I noticed afterward Mae got most of her kills on her own. And good luck getting L!Marth, he really comes through on these dragon heavy maps~

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

>Gharnef procs Ignis
>Does 4 damage

:smug:

Not only did it do 4 damage, but Morgan then calls him an Amateur, savage. 

I don't really have a problem with dancers, but I feel like lately I rely on them a bit much and seeing other peoples' clears where they can get it done without one makes me want to try more with strategizing than going straight to the dancers. But I'll probably need more merged units for that~

I noticed afterward Mae got most of her kills on her own. And good luck getting L!Marth, he really comes through on these dragon heavy maps~

I think that's a good idea. Not that using dancers is bad, but exploring different skills, compositions and play styles is fun. 

Thanks, all dragons would fear my roster! 

Sorry for double posting, but I can't add quotes while editing on mobile. 

10 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try out Escape Route once I get Cecilia to +10. If they release a unit with a Chill that's available at 4* then I'm more than willing to try that. 

So far all chill skills have their third level at 5*, but some are available from free units (Walhart, Gharnef). 

7 hours ago, daisy jane said:

this was awesome. may i get this good someday
(also may Elincia finally get on legendary and i get her. pls pls pls, game?)

Thanks! It's more a long-term project of mine building Galeforce units. They make this easier. ;-)

Finally finished Infernal, both with a normal team and a semi-themed one. Unfortunately had to drop my regulars for once, but it's not often double-Falchion is actually useful.

Normal:

1. Ishtar: Draw Back, Res Ploy 2 seal
  2. Lewyn: Draw Back, Squad Ace E (+Atk) 3 seal
  3. Lucina: Reposition, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Spd+3 seal
  4. Masked Marth+8: Reposition, Luna, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3, Atk+3 seal

Semi-Themed (Vengeance for Father):

1. Linde: Reposition, Iceberg, Fury 3, Renewal 3, BoL 3, BoL 3 seal (killed Gharnef)
  2. Lewyn: See above
  3. Marth: Luna, Fury 3, Vantage 3, HP+5 seal
  4. Masked Marth: See above

All I can say is that Forseti is obscenely good. Made this so much easier than trying with Julia or Nino.