Fire Emblem Vindication revisited

DiogoJorge

Hi, there everyone. The purpose of this topic is to revisit a project of mine, a balance patch and see if there is anything else I can do to improve on it. For that purpose, I'm going to post here videos and screenshots of my playthrough so that everyone can see and throw in  their opinions on this patch.

Well, then, for starters, the characters growths for chapter 1:

Roy: HP 90% STR 65% SKL 55% SPD 70% LUK 60% DEF 35% RES 35%

Wolt: 80% STR 50% SKL 50% SPD 45% LUK 40% DEF 25% RES 15%

Marcus:: HP 60% STR 35% SKL 40% SPD 30% LUK 20% DEF 20% RES 20%

Allen: HP 85% STR 55% SKL 40% SPD 35% LUK 40% DEF 35% RES 20%

Lance: HP 80% STR 40% SKL 50% SPD 50% LUK 35% DEF 20% RES 25%

Bors: HP 90% STR 50% SKL 40% SPD 35% LUK 50% DEF 45% RES 20%

Now, here are the level ups in this chapter:

5bf56669a8fad_FireEmblemVindication_01.png.357f184e63860bf7983449c8eb235d81.png

Wolt off to a nice start

5bf566912388b_FireEmblemVindication_02.png.90a0861712b1af90b65ff29ac019b3a1.png

Allen gets level ups in areas that aren't particularly his expertise but will do

5bf566b757fae_FireEmblemVindication_03.png.bb82cbb425a9f50b55423ba7684c0b2e.png

Lance doesn't start so well

5bf566cf31721_FireEmblemVindication_04.png.77030569378c0028a6fe55573169095f.png

Wolt gets an level for killing the boss and is a bit meh

I will post the video at a later date.

11 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

You like vanilla Wolt too or is it just this balanced one?

Just my balanced one. vanilla Wolt's stats and growths make no sense. 4 STR, 4 SKL, 5 SPD with a 40% STR, 50% SKL and 40% SPD growth? How does that even make sense? he would need at least a 70% SPD and SKL growth to make up for that. Rebecca on the other hand starts with the same STR, but has better SKL and SPD and has better growths in both in a game where enemies have lesser stats, no less.

So yeah, Wolt is pretty mediocre, and that might be me being generous.

On 11/22/2018 at 3:08 AM, DiogoJorge said:

Just my balanced one. vanilla Wolt's stats and growths make no sense. 4 STR, 4 SKL, 5 SPD with a 40% STR, 50% SKL and 40% SPD growth? How does that even make sense? he would need at least a 70% SPD and SKL growth to make up for that. Rebecca on the other hand starts with the same STR, but has better SKL and SPD and has better growths in both in a game where enemies have lesser stats, no less.

So yeah, Wolt is pretty mediocre, and that might be me being generous.

Wait I just remembered that you used him in one of your old videos against a stronger Idoun once, why was that?

1 hour ago, Critical Sniper said:

Wait I just remembered that you used him in one of your old videos against a stronger Idoun once, why was that?

Because he had Mulagir, wich was pretty much one of the few weapons you can double my patched Idoun with, if I remember correctly, since Mulagir gives a boost of 5 to SPD. Also probably to soften it so Roy can deal the finishing blow, that's what I remember happening anyway.

6 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Because he had Mulagir, wich was pretty much one of the few weapons you can double my patched Idoun with, if I remember correctly, since Mulagir gives a boost of 5 to SPD. Also probably to soften it so Roy can deal the finishing blow, that's what I remember happening anyway.

Yeah it does give him +5 Spd. And yeah it was to weaken him, I was just so weirded out by the fact that you didn't use Dorothy, Sue or Shin.

I found it, also wow people are never nice to you on the comments, it's sad in a way. Well anyways it's the internet so every online argument goes that way. 

actually kinda like me with my classmates at school, frickin' hate them(don't quote this part)

Edited by Critical Sniper

15 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

Yeah it does give him +5 Spd. And yeah it was to weaken him, I was just so weirded out by the fact that you didn't use Dorothy, Sue or Shin.

I found it, also wow people are never nice to you on the comments, it's sad in a way. Well anyways it's the internet so every online argument goes that way. 

When one has divisive opinions, that usually happens, specially on gamefaqs. I have my opinions on units, other have other opinions and it usually spirals from there.

Edited by DiogoJorge

3 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

When one has divisive opinions, that usually happens, specially on gamefaqs. I have my opinions on units, other have other opinions and it usually spirals from there.

I still want to know why Wolt was used specifically and not someone like Dorothy or Sue 

15 minutes ago, Critical Sniper said:

I still want to know why Wolt was used specifically and not someone like Dorothy or Sue 

Because it was part of my Vindication project back then. Wolt is better than his vanilla version, so I used him. Dorothy is stronger but slower while Sue is faster but less strong. Wolt is pretty much the middle ground in my patch.

Edited by DiogoJorge

2 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

Because it was part of my Vindication project back then. Wolt is better than his vanilla version, so I used him. Dorothy is stronger but slower while Sue is faster but less strong. Wolt is pretty much the middle ground in my patch.

Ah I guess I forgot.