SSB Ultimate Spoiler Thread

Perkilator

Alright, so as we know, Smash Ultimate has released two weeks early in Mexico and is currently being datamined. If you just so happen to come across any spoilers/leaks, post them here, but always use the spoiler tag when you do.

I’m not going to post any spoilers myself, though.

Edited by Perkilator

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for those actively seeking spoilers, here's one twitter account doing so today. Seems he's only interested in music stuff due to the nature of his channel and he's been confirming returning tracks. Can't guarantee that's all he'll post about, however.

Edited by Glennstavos

2 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Alright, so as we know, Smash Ultimate has released two weeks early in Japan and is currently being datamined.

Japan? I thought it was Mexico.

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

WARNING OPENING CUTSCENE

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Hide contents

Well, at least it doesn’t use trailers. It is pretty cool-looking, at least. Love when the “colors weave” and “spiral of flame” sound off as all the Inkling variants with one launching over.

While I don't know anything specifically, I did hear that information about boss fights was data mined. I am admittedly happy that there will be more bosses, but you can be damn sure I'll be avoiding the details like the return of the Black Plague.

5 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

WARNING OPENING CUTSCENE

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Hide contents

Very nice. I love how they use the ingame engine to make little cutscenes. 

Spoiler

Wolf and Falco clashing, All Link and Sheik facing Ganon, DK and K Rool duking it out and such. 

24 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I am admittedly happy that there will be more bosses, but you can be damn sure I'll be avoiding the details like the return of the Black Plague.

TheGoodHoms doesn't use naughty words. Who are you and what have you done with TheGoodHoms?!

But also yeah more bosses is pretty cool.

LMAO yikes. I feel like this kills any chance of a new Square Enix rep for DLC. Not only is Cloud, Midgar and the two FF songs the only piece of Square content in the game but Cloud himself doesn't appear at all in World of Light.

Had it not been for "Everyone is Here", Cloud wouldn't have return. But even now, he just feels so out of place.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

LMAO yikes. I feel like this kills any chance of a new Square Enix rep for DLC. Not only is Cloud, Midgar and the two FF songs the only piece of Square content in the game but Cloud himself doesn't appear at all in World of Light.

Had it not been for "Everyone is Here", Cloud wouldn't have return. But even now, he just feels so out of place.

You think Square would be all over Smash. From what I understand, it's basically free money, and Capcom and Konami seem to really enjoy letting their character be represented with how much support they're giving it. And Square's falling on some pretty hard times right now.

The only thing I can think of is that Nintendo simply wasn't offering Square enough money for full support.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

...Okay, wow. Man, I was so excited for Cloud in the DLC for the previous pair of titles, and I could at least understand why there was so little to him, given the fact that it was DLC, but now? Now, I hardly care about his inclusion. It feels so disappointing.

Well, that doesn’t surprise me at all. FFVII having only 2 original tracks for Smash 4 a few years ago was a clear giveaway that S-E was pretty pricey and stingy. Getting Nomura’s approval was most likely the only “easy” part. No remix, nothing, zilch, nada. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, that doesn’t surprise me at all. FFVII having only 2 original tracks for Smash 4 a few years ago was a clear giveaway that S-E was pretty pricey and stingy. Getting Nomura’s approval was most likely the only “easy” part. No remix, nothing, zilch, nada. 

I figured it was less Nomura’s approval and more the President of Square?

I suppose if it was just the music, then I could imagine there are some complications in regards to the rights. But combined with Cloud being stuck with his Japanese voice and him not appearing in the story... yeah, the money is on Square itself being the problem. Of course it could also be Nintendo being stingy, but all the other big companies seem happy enough to work with them. Even Konami.

But in case Square is actually responsible, it's crazy to me that a company would be happy with one of their most recognizable characters coming across as such an afterthought. In that case, why lend them out at all?

Edited by BrightBow

So about World of Light. Someone uploaded all the cutscenes. I didn't watch them cause I didn't want to but I did observe the vid enough to find something out. 

Spoiler

Don't expect too much cutscenes. The only ones I spotted were the intro we already saw, one other cutscene and the ending. Though maybe there would be more in engine cutscenes. 

Thought about looking away from Smash Ultimate leaks but the temptation was too great so i decided to spoil myself on spirits, music and mii costumes. Still going to avoid cutscenes and whatnot from World of Light though.

Not sure if it is listed here already but here are all the Fire Emblem related spirit characters for anyone who is interested.

Spoiler
  1. Marth
  2. Lucina
  3. Roy
  4. Chrom
  5. Ike (Path of Radiance)
  6. Ike (Radiant Dawn)
  7. Robin (Male)
  8. Robin (Female)
  9. Corrin (Male)
  10. Corrin (Female)
  11. Caeda
  12. Medeus
  13. Jagen
  14. Draug
  15. Wrys
  16. Bord & Cord & Barst
  17. Navarre
  18. Merric
  19. Minerva
  20. Linde
  21. Pegasus Sisters
  22. Tiki
  23. Gharnef
  24. Anna
  25. Camus
  26. Alm & Celica (Young)
  27. Alm & Celica
  28. Sigurd
  29. Seliph
  30. Julius
  31. Deirdre
  32. Leif
  33. Lilina
  34. Lyn
  35. Lyn (Blade Lord)
  36. Eliwood
  37. Hector
  38. Ninian
  39. Raven
  40. Karel
  41. Nino
  42. Eirika
  43. Ephraim
  44. L'Arachel
  45. Lyon
  46. Soren
  47. Ashnard
  48. Titania
  49. Mist
  50. Sothe
  51. Black Knight
  52. Elincia
  53. Zelgius
  54. Micaiah
  55. Queen Elincia
  56. Nyna
  57. Sirius
  58. Lissa
  59. Lon'qu
  60. Cordelia
  61. Tharja
  62. Tiki (Naga's Voice)
  63. Owain
  64. Severa
  65. Walhart
  66. Gangrel
  67. Azura
  68. Garon
  69. Jakob
  70. Ryoma
  71. Hinoka
  72. Takumi
  73. Elise
  74. Camilla
  75. Leo
  76. Sakura
  77. Xander
  78. Tsubasa Oribe
  79. Tsubasa Oribe (Carnage Form)
Archanea, Elibe, Tellius, Ylisse, and Fates seems to make the majority of FE spirits but it makes since they have playable characters/assist trophy summons. I'm glad to see most of the Archanea archtype characters (Cain and Abel are not here sadly) being spirits Smash Ultimate giving Archanea more love than Warriors ever did.  

Most happy to see Linde, the Whitewing sisters, Camus (who apparently gets two thanks to Sirius) and Anna. Also surprised to see L'arachel since I only expected Eirika and Ephraim from Sacred Stones as well as Raven (is he an important character in Blazing Blade?) but disappointed Sumia is apparently demoted despite having a trophy last game (I think) plus Felicia and Gunter are not spirits either despite Jakob being one. Also, I was kind of expecting more spirits from Echoes besides Alm or Celica like the other Ram Villagers plus Boey/Mae but oh well.

More non-FE spirits can be found here https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N

Also minor detail about Shop Mode/Spirit Shop (whatever you want to call it).

Spoiler

Aha, I guessed it several months ago but shop mode does have shopkeepers running it and Anna is one of them! Sure, it pretty much deconfirms here chances of being a DLC character but even still I am happy to see her have a role in a Smash Bros game outside of being a simple trophy/spirit. Plus, being a shopkeeper 'is' what she does best anyways. I wonder what kind of quirky comments they will have her say.

Edited by NSSKG151
moved link for spirits out of spoiler tag

8 hours ago, Florete said:

Actually, there are spirits of Geno and Mallow.

Those two are in a strange case because they are also Mario characters.

There isn't any actual exclusive Square Enix content in the game aside from Cloud, Midgar and the two songs.

Edit: Appearntly the Geno costume also got axed.

Edited by Armagon

3 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Thought about looking away from Smash Ultimate leaks but the temptation was too great so i decided to spoil myself on spirits, music and mii costumes. Still going to avoid cutscenes and whatnot from World of Light though.

Not sure if it is listed here already but here are all the Fire Emblem related spirit characters for anyone who is interested.

Hide contents
  1. Marth
  2. Lucina
  3. Roy
  4. Chrom
  5. Ike (Path of Radiance)
  6. Ike (Radiant Dawn)
  7. Robin (Male)
  8. Robin (Female)
  9. Corrin (Male)
  10. Corrin (Female)
  11. Caeda
  12. Medeus
  13. Jagen
  14. Draug
  15. Wrys
  16. Bord & Cord & Barst
  17. Navarre
  18. Merric
  19. Minerva
  20. Linde
  21. Pegasus Sisters
  22. Tiki
  23. Gharnef
  24. Anna
  25. Camus
  26. Alm & Celica (Young)
  27. Alm & Celica
  28. Sigurd
  29. Seliph
  30. Julius
  31. Deirdre
  32. Leif
  33. Lilina
  34. Lyn
  35. Lyn (Blade Lord)
  36. Eliwood
  37. Hector
  38. Ninian
  39. Raven
  40. Karel
  41. Nino
  42. Eirika
  43. Ephraim
  44. L'Arachel
  45. Lyon
  46. Soren
  47. Ashnard
  48. Titania
  49. Mist
  50. Sothe
  51. Black Knight
  52. Elincia
  53. Zelgius
  54. Micaiah
  55. Queen Elincia
  56. Nyna
  57. Sirius
  58. Lissa
  59. Lon'qu
  60. Cordelia
  61. Tharja
  62. Tiki (Naga's Voice)
  63. Owain
  64. Severa
  65. Walhart
  66. Gangrel
  67. Azura
  68. Garon
  69. Jakob
  70. Ryoma
  71. Hinoka
  72. Takumi
  73. Elise
  74. Camilla
  75. Leo
  76. Sakura
  77. Xander
  78. Tsubasa Oribe
  79. Tsubasa Oribe (Carnage Form)
Archanea, Elibe, Tellius, Ylisse, and Fates seems to make the majority of FE spirits but it makes since they have playable characters/assist trophy summons. I'm glad to see most of the Archanea archtype characters (Cain and Abel are not here sadly) being spirits Smash Ultimate giving Archanea more love than Warriors ever did.  

Most happy to see Linde, the Whitewing sisters, Camus (who apparently gets two thanks to Sirius) and Anna. Also surprised to see L'arachel since I only expected Eirika and Ephraim from Sacred Stones as well as Raven (is he an important character in Blazing Blade?) but disappointed Sumia is apparently demoted despite having a trophy last game (I think) plus Felicia and Gunter are not spirits either despite Jakob being one. Also, I was kind of expecting more spirits from Echoes besides Alm or Celica like the other Ram Villagers plus Boey/Mae but oh well.

More non-FE spirits can be found here https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N

Also minor detail about Shop Mode/Spirit Shop (whatever you want to call it).

Reveal hidden contents

Aha, I guessed it several months ago but shop mode does have shopkeepers running it and Anna is one of them! Sure, it pretty much deconfirms here chances of being a DLC character but even still I am happy to see her have a role in a Smash Bros game outside of being a simple trophy/spirit. Plus, being a shopkeeper 'is' what she does best anyways. I wonder what kind of quirky comments they will have her say.

Why the fuck isn’t Inigo there? I mean he could be DLC but...