SSB Ultimate Spoiler Thread

Perkilator

On 11/23/2018 at 9:59 PM, Anomalocaris said:

I came into this thread to specifically take back everything I've said about Fire Emblem never really "wow"ing me with its music.

This remix took a famous FE song I couldn't remember two measures of and amped it up like crazy.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah I dno if it's been said yet but, 

Lucina & Robin have their own victory theme (Chrom has the old one with Marth, Ike and Roy) now as does Corrin. 

Same goes for K Rool, Dark Samus & Ridley, 

Edited by Ashen Jedi

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Also, just in case there were any doubts, Squad Strike is indeed a single match where each stock is a different character, not a quick sequence of 1-on-1 matches like some people feared.

THANK NAGA!

I wanna give Sakuri a hug now!

27 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Also, just in case there were any doubts, Squad Strike is indeed a single match where each stock is a different character, not a quick sequence of 1-on-1 matches like some people feared.

It can be either, you decide which of the two you want to do. 

Also 

Update to the thing I posted earlier about character unlocks. It may not be random after all. The Spreadsheet is not finished as there are still missing links between characters that players are trying to find. I guess they thought it was random because the links are so commonly bizarre and they needed somebody else to corroborate these findings. Oh and for those trying to avoid WoL spoilers, try to avoid looking too much into that green column. 

They definitely rushed things to meet that early December release date, did they? 

Well, if Smash 4 is any indication, they’ll “fix” these things in a timely manner. 

Speaking of spirits...Sigurd, Deidre and Julius appear as spirits in Ultimate yet no sign of Arvis despite the BBQ theme getting a remix...

Weird. 

Also, out of all the TMS #FE characters, only Tsubasa made it as a spirit. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

30 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Also, out of all the TMS #FE characters, only Tsubasa made it as a spirit. 

This is actually the most disappointing part of spirits for me, since as demonstrated by Tsubasa the TMS #FE characters are perfect fits for the spirit evolutions. Even if we only got one other character and it was that one sack of flour Itsuki Aoi, I'd have been super excited. Oh well, not like it's ruined the game or anything.

6 hours ago, PeaceRibbon said:

This is actually the most disappointing part of spirits for me, since as demonstrated by Tsubasa the TMS #FE characters are perfect fits for the spirit evolutions. Even if we only got one other character and it was that one sack of flour Itsuki Aoi, I'd have been super excited. Oh well, not like it's ruined the game or anything.

The fact that Tsubasa made it in as a spirit means that Itsuki could make the cut as a DLC character. This is Sakurai’s big chance to make a Stand User based moveset. 

10 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Totally bugtested, guys!

It's gradually becoming embarrassing with how blatantly Christmas rushed the game is.

Well, you also maybe ought to keep in mind that this game was pirated in Mexico two weeks before launch. I hardly take “Christmas rush” into consideration.

When your series doesn't have any lore so they instead make a joke about you not being in the previous game because you broke the rules.

DtDbHVPVsAIhuML.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. UMMMMMMMMMM. Turns out they didn't even touch the Codec Calls. Which means only the Brawl characters have them.

Why did he go through the stage? It's like they want Lylat to be banned.

Nice buff for Peach mains

Chrom's crowd cheer. In case you can't make it out, it's "Chrom Chrom, he's our man. If he can't do it, no one can!"

I mean, he can't recovery so i guess no one can recovery either.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. UMMMMMMMMMM. Turns out they didn't even touch the Codec Calls. Which means only the Brawl characters have them.

From what I've read elsewhere, they may not have touched the Codecs because Colonel's JP VA died, and Kojima retired the character rather than recast him. 

They probably could have done new ones with the other characters, but I guess they didn't want to.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

13 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

From what I've read elsewhere, they may not have touched the Codecs because Colonel's JP VA died, and Kojima retired the character rather than recast him. 

They probably could have done new ones with the other characters, but I guess they didn't want to.

This is true, but they really should have just left the codecs out. Having them for only half the characters and some mentioning being in Brawl just makes it really awkward.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

This is true, but they really should have just left the codecs out. Having them for only half the characters and some mentioning being in Brawl just makes it really awkward.

Chances are they were banking on Brawl nostalgia for the stage and its codecs, but yeah, it’s...silly.

1 hour ago, Dai said:

Chances are they were banking on Brawl nostalgia for the stage and its codecs, but yeah, it’s...silly.

Alternately they were left in as a way to tribute to Aono.  Seems silly to us, but considering Sakurai mentioned that Incineroar's VA recently died during his reveal as a way of paying respects, they might consider more respectful to leave them in.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

How fast you're able to activate Monado Arts is what will separate the good Shulk players from the bad ones.

That is legitimately terrifying.