What is the best and worst Fire Emblem cast of characters to you?

Roland

3 hours ago, Flere210 said:

There are 2 reason: the newcomer are akaneia tier bland, wich was just unacceptable after the gba games and PoR.

That's a little harsh. 

I do understand the sentiment. The Dawn Brigade members not having supports really does hurt them in comparison to the characters from POR and their relatively small role doesn't give them a lot of appearances to flesh them out. But Archenea tier is a bit too damning. The defining trait of most Archenean minor characters is that they don't have any. They say maybe one thing when they join or don't even do that, and they are silent for the rest of the game without revealing who they are, what their personalities are and what they are about. But the Dawn Brigade do answer those question at least. We know Edward is the silly, kiddy idealistic one, we know Leonardo is the serious one and that Nolan is everyone's dad. The earliest chapters has them interact with each other and they occasionally pop up in base conversation to voice their opinion in fairly distinct ways. Even with his little screentime we can tell that Edward going all giddy about his new sword and remaining loyal just because he believes in Michy is typical Edward behavior. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's a little harsh. 

I do understand the sentiment. The Dawn Brigade members not having supports really does hurt them in comparison to the characters from POR and their relatively small role doesn't give them a lot of appearances to flesh them out. But Archenea tier is a bit too damning. The defining trait of most Archenean minor characters is that they don't have any. They say maybe one thing when they join or don't even do that, and they are silent for the rest of the game without revealing who they are, what their personalities are and what they are about. But the Dawn Brigade do answer those question at least. We know Edward is the silly, kiddy idealistic one, we know Leonardo is the serious one and that Nolan is everyone's dad. The earliest chapters has them interact with each other and they occasionally pop up in base conversation to voice their opinion in fairly distinct ways. Even with his little screentime we can tell that Edward going all giddy about his new sword and remaining loyal just because he believes in Michy is typical Edward behavior. 

It's definetly too harsh, but is such a step down from PoR that i really am biased againist RD characters. Also, i played fe12 like a month ago and there archanea characters had some characterization that is fresh in my mind. Archanea include 4 games so it's a bit too vague.

Edited by Flere210

Best? Echoes, RD, Genealogy and Blazing..which are like my favourite FE

Worst: Fates? I mean the cast here are not interested in bringing an end to the war excepting some. also there is 2 retainers per royal (excepting Corrin which have 2 + Flora/Gunter (Conquest/Revelations)). Everybody is centered to Corrin...like Keaton reason is like "oh you smell good so I'll join you". Mozu is a good way to get her. Also upgrading the castle to get some character like Flora or the white hair dude (sorry don't remember the name) is stupid. Also some character are "useless" in higher difficulty like Arthur or Nyx.

They should do the next FE similar to FE4, which you can bring out all of your army at once.

Best: Prolly Awakening. Asides from Ricken, each character had something that I like and felt no spite towards anyone specifically. It also helped that the cast wasn't super serious as well, which I think helps balance things out. Not everything has to be dire and taken seriously at every turn. Even soldiers have to loosen up when the time comes. Runner up to Sacred Stones for being simple, yet having some of my favorite characters.

Worst: I can't say without bias getting in the way. I want to say FE7 because I honestly think that the way the game is structured ruins a LOT of, well everything. I don't think that having to do a lot of digging makes a good character or cast; it just makes me uninterested and care less. While Fates does have some of my favorite characters I think it's VASTLY overhated, most of the cast is pretty one note, and like someone already stated, if a character is bad, it's REALLY bad. FE6's cast is just ruined by it's horrid support system and barebones story. If I had to pick though, I'd just go with bias and say Blazing Sword. I like the lords and thieves, but I don't care for everyone else. Also, I royally despise Ninian.