How Would You Improve FE Warriors?

Add Ike, Hector, Roy, Eliwood and Alm nuff said.

Ok in seriousness first of all the roster would have been larger and more varied. And would have included characters from all the games (Jugdrael, Archanea, Tellius, Elibe, etc) Units who can wield optional weapons would have those they can select at the start of a map, like how in Hyrule Warriors Impa can select either her sword or the Naginaata. In a similar fashion Xander could select either his sword or a lance of some kind. As to what characters those would be I'm not sure off the top of my head, but the base would include at least one of every major unit type (soldier, mercanary, myrmidon, etc) DLC would expand the already existing representation and perhaps add more weapons, say for example Colm, Garcia and Cormag were the SS DLC there would also be monster enemies added based off of the monsters from SS and of course the legendary weapons from that game. There would have been representation for all the contents in the History of Fire Emblem and DLC would exist to expand the representation and add more campaings, arcs and overall content instead of just making characters playable that should have been playable to begin with. There are probably other things that I'm not thinking of at the moment but those are the big things there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/02/2019 at 6:07 PM, SavageVolug said:

Ok in seriousness first of all the roster would have been larger and more varied. And would have included characters from all the games (Jugdrael, Archanea, Tellius, Elibe, etc) Units who can wield optional weapons would have those they can select at the start of a map, like how in Hyrule Warriors Impa can select either her sword or the Naginaata. In a similar fashion Xander could select either his sword or a lance of some kind.

I just wanna add a point here. Movesets need to stray away from being character based (unique characters like Lords being exceptions) and more class AND faction/territory based. However I also feel that secondary and tertiary weapons need to be featured if used by a class in their base game.

To elaborate, I think that characters having similar movesets is actually really dumb without an explanation or solid reason. Chrom and Lucina I think are a solid reason for why it CAN work. Before Chrom's death in her time, Lucina learned sword form from him. Acceptable. But Marth and Celica seem to have the same knowledge despite being from different areas and never formally meeting. The only differences are that Celica has proficiency over magic and Marth doesn't. However, this can be made sense of by implying they learned from a similar common background, which can also apply to Lyn and Navarre due to similar living conditions at an earlier stage in their lives. But what of Owain and Ryoma? How does it make much sense for them to have a similar fighting style at all?

By adding other weapon types to classes and others upon promotion, it'd be a much needed freedom of battle variety for the players to enjoy. Frederick is more than just an Axe and Leo is more than just a Tome to name a few examples that could be tweaked for the better.

I may have gone off tangent a bit somewhere in the middle of this but hopefully my intention is understood.

Another main thing I feel they should improve with a sequel is the roster. Koei played it extremely safe by focusing on archanea, awakening, and fates. And since they said they were pleased with the games overall sales and reception, I feel they should expand into more games. I'd be fine if they just take 3 characters from every major timeline / era and use them for one major crossover. Also I would like less obnoxious OC's if they go that route again... Rowan was just terrible in my opinion. Lianna I took no real issues with, but she was pretty forgettable.

As for movesets. I'm fine with cloned movesets if they fit the characters class and are fun to use (Which FE Warriors nailed, every moveset felt awesome to play). But one thing I would like to see is adding more unique flair to each one. Like more tornado style effects for Hinoka. Simple effect changes and color swaps. Small things.

Also more locations pulled from the main FE games. Not just ones themed off them, but more actual locations and recreations of certain battle maps. I would LOVE a recreation of 3-endgame from radiant dawn. Or elincia's gambit (Favorite FE chapter of all time)

Just overall focus more on pre-existing things instead of a new world with all the past characters thrown into it. They could even do a laughably silly plot like Validar using the outrealm gate to recruit past villains to his cause or whatever. Then Chrom finding out and doing the same to counter that silly plan. Since the original FE warriors already had a rather by the books plot, they should go all out with the next to attempt and grab the attention of the whole fanbase.

• 4 weeks later...

I assume we are talking about improving FE Warriors 1, not stuff to add in Warriors 2, right? I won't talk about roster choices and clones since those are things I feel would be better addressed in a sequel.

1. No on-cartridge DLC characters: Owain, Navarre, Oboro, and Niles really should have been completed and playable before the game launched, instead of left in as NPCs and finished in paid DLC. Ideally that would mean four new DLC characters take their places in the paid DLC, though that may be greedy to have expected.

2. Rebalancing of Skills and Weapon strength: Weapon power is so dominating that character stats like Strength and Magic mean very little, and Skills like Luna and Lethality are so powerful as to make other skills useless. At the very least, the flat stat boost skills should have been percentage boosts so that they remain useful at higher levels, especially with the raised level caps.

3. Some kind of use for the defensive stats: As the game is, HP, Defense, and Resistance become useless once you have enough gameplay experience to dodge all enemy attacks. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but character stats are clearly balanced around the idea of those stats being equal with actually-useful stats like Strength, Magic, and Luck, so some characters are just plain better than others. Statflip was an attempt at mending this issue, but it takes up an attribute slot that could be spent on a better ability and doesn't really address the root of the problem.

4. Better villain selection: Having three Gharnefs would have made sense if they worked together as some sort of sinister cabal, but instead they're disparate antagonists who show up for about a chapter each and are exactly identical. Either have them team up as a mage trio in the final few chapters, or replace some of them with more diverse villains like Gangrel, Walhart, or Garon.