Chaos reigns when I take the reins! - Let's play Tear Ring saga, Ironman mode, while being terrible at Fire Emblem!

Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I sure hope you have the moneys.

That's not the biggest issue (unlike the current devices I'm using, these hypothetical replacements aren't replacing (completely) broken tech), though I'd like to hold out for a few months to see if things get any cheaper (and see if they last 4 years in a row).

Yeah, I'm aware. Nintendo seems to think consoles will work forever, and if they stop working, who cares! They'll release a tiny selection of 20 games, half of which nobody cares about, and all those other hidden gems can go fuck themselves. Oh, well, it's not as if stopping the internet's, like, a doable task. Pfhah.

I mean, they once had Nintendium. Of course they'd argue that.

And yes, stop the internet. Humanity created a monster in the long run.

A crapton of years ago I played Jetpack Joyride on my PC for about 5 minutes. That's all there is to it, really.

Alright, that explains it.

Dang, sounds like a game my friend would like.

Oof, that doesn't sound nice. I mean, other bosses can be tricky but every single giant spider boss is a go fuck yourself in disguise unless you're powerful enough.

I could have played it, but no, I decided that I was okay going to the capital for a concert because apparently I'm not just some bot.

Lesse, Cain had a character in FE11 while Abel had one in FE12, Lance's cool while Allen isn't, Alec has a bad version of Hardin's turban while I can't remember a single thing about the red guy from Genealogy, Sain's an idiot while Kent isn't, Forde's a good character but a bad unit while Kyle's the opposite, Kieran has eyes while Oscar doesn't... you get the point, I hope.

I mean, I wasn't being entirely serious.

One's usually Red and the other usually Green. :P

No deal. Juliattisnacordst or death.

I choose Butz.

Eh, you do you, mate. All I really know about Fates is that it has Camilla and I don't like her.

Honestly story Xander's more of an asshole, but whatever. Camilla's one of the many examples of wasted potential that game has. Fates has many of those.

Except the ending's more like the one if you play as Anakin in the PS2 game.

In other words, more like how Obi-Wan did in The Phantom Menace.

Gotta love how Wrys's so popular they're starting to paint actual paintings of him. In a few decades, he'll be displayed in the Mona Lisa's place!

Also some images of his appearance in MotE.

I would use this as my avatar this second but I needed to put a hat on.

EfGab3t.png

HP 80% - Strength 55% - Skill 55% - Speed 35% - Defense 35% - Magic 35% - Luck 30% - Mastery 35%

Kick fucking ass, this guy's an absolute monster! The Sorrowful Knight sports great bases, excellent growths for this game, a special class that negates the devil effect (hence the devil lance), and five skills! We already know Paragon, Adept and Urbanite. Nihil negates all of the enemy's skills, which can be exceedingly useful in certain situations. Wrath is one of the game's most useful and fun skills. As your health goes down, your crit skyrockets. It's horrendously balanced, to the point where at something as high as 30% health you'll get 80% crit, which might as well be guaranteed crits. Oh, and just in case you thought so, this guy isn't infantry, he's dismounted cavalry, so yeah! He also has a horse! Unbelievable!

Kaga, you're the best. I am glad to have this overpowered juggernaut. I won't use him, thank you very much. Kreiss is growing so well, he'll be better than this clown in no time!

It's the new Perceval I see. Of course you'd object to his existence.

I have so much to say that would spoil. He'll be back. 

Oi! What's this? "Azoth shone!"? What's in that bottle, a fairy?

So wait, Fairies are all called Azoth then?

Navi must be offended. "HEY LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT! WE'RE NOT ALL THE SAME GUY ASSWIPE!"

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaga had an enemy faction where everyone wears black armor before it was cool.

Come to think of it, it's probably worth noting that just like the 3D console Fire Emblem games would later do, every unit has it's own palette on their map sprite, instead of their color being dependent on whether they are currently Player units, NPCs or Enemies. Works pretty well, I'd say. Wish Fire Emblem had tried this too.

Edited by BrightBow

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Once again, I wish you luck.

Thank you.

The game did feel very tightly put together, although I must say, I would've liked some map size and shape variety. The game was perfectly great as-is (I mean, I put a solid 30 hours on it) but an advanced edition à la FTL would get me to come back to it in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

In fact, all this ITB talk is making me want to give it another go... it's been a while. I think I will... after all, I'm almost done with Order of Ecclesia.

Fun fact: The map size is the same as in chess: 8x8 squares.

And an advanced addition with more mechs,Vek, pilots, mission types, maybe even backstory on the pilots, companies, and the Vek...

Yep, I too would buy it in a heartbeat.

Ey, nothing to lose giving it a try, right?

Maybe. Although being fair, I haven't really gone shopping for a videogame in several months. I'd at least like to see if I can find the game legitimately first before resorting to emulators.

So what you're telling me is that Codha owns a press? Is that how he got elected, through propaganda?

A steelworks press, that is. One of these things, if google is anything to go by:

Image result for steelworks press

Well, then, if you see any similarities/reference, give me a shout.

I will if I notice them.

And then they remade it and didn't fix the maps. Oh, well, win some, lose some.

Eh, they're more boring than outright bad. In this kind of series, I'd prefer the former over the latter. Granted, though, I have a "deal with it" mentality towards map design in most videogames, so I'm not the best at judging what makes a level "good" or "bad".

Swamp maps can go to hell, though. They're just like desert maps, except the sand hurts you.

That sounds interesting enough.

Yeah, Awakenings not a hard game to see why people either love or hate it. It really depends on whether or not you can enjoy it's brokenness and how some of the challenge has to be self-imposed (but with a ton of options on how to do so).

Hey, I like FE12 despite the problems it has, with the rather flawed take on book 2's story and the very mixed bag that are the game's supports (I'll defend things like Arran to the bitter end, but even I can't excuse some of the crap it pulls). Perhaps I'd like Awakening more than I think I'd do...?

Like the gameplay, it's not hard to see why people either love or hate Awakenings cast. It really depends on whether one can get behind the (almost deliberately) questionable first impressions and the mass "character is three dimensional when you thought they were a trope" deal.

It was, until you ran out of arrows or some random mook caught sight of you and you had to flee because it doesn't matter if you kill 500 mooks, the second your ankle is sprained, the entirety of both your army and all the armies of your supporting lords will panic and sound the retreat. Bleh...

Ye. There are some stuff from mods that I wish made it into the original game. In Viking Conquest, it's that your army keeps fighting during gameplay even after you're knocked out, albiet with a moral penalty. Although it does apply in story missions, where if your character falls, they die, although given the plot, it's probably a better fate...

Randomly related, but I got Blood & Gold recently, which is basically Mount and Blade WITH PIRATES!!! I'll tell you if it's any good later.

Hey, go ahead. If anything else, I could help you keep it going until I forget to do it.

Will do... eventually. Maybe when I'm not half awake and ramble about stuff without thinking first.

I've worn glasses for so long, they feel natural to me now. Also the fact that I can't see anything without them unless it's right on my face.

I just got them earlier this year

Good luck, I very much doubt you'll find anything. You'll just have to play it for yourself. I recommend Mednafen! Ah, with a launcher, Mednafen alone is a pain to use. I use Medlaunch, myself. As for the other emulator for PS1 that I could find, ePSXe, don't even bother: it blows. It doesn't even have a trottle function, and one of this game's biggest flaws is that, due to PS1 shenanigans I assume, it's painfully slow at times, to the point where the only way to endure it is by speeding things up with the emulator. I even dropped the game four chapters prior to beating it in my first run because it was getting so very tedious and I was using ePSXe. With Mednafen to get past those technical issues, though, it's a blast all the way through.

Yeah, you're right. I didn't find anything. Even when I google translated it into Japanese (tear ring saga all critical hits = すべてのクリティカルヒットを引き裂く涙, apparently).

As for a PS1 emulator... Eeeeeh I make check one out in the future. I have a few to many games to complete legitimately at the moment.

Chun li vs Vega, it's very famous.

Found it. That was... bloodier and... fanservicier(?)... than I thought it would be.

Now I'm curious. I'll have to look it up.

It's 80's game old. Doesn't look like much, but it's still impressive what conventions they did that early on.

I need to check out the book series as well. Apparently, it's about a utopia that turns out to be a fake utopia but ends up becoming an actual utopia by the end. And everyone is an actual pacifist.

I'll hold you to your bet. If you lose, you'll owe me an imaginary cookie, and viceversa.

I don't always gamble, but when I do...

...Well, my attempt to create a bet that I would puke in health class went nowhere. I don't think my friends wanted my money, and in the event that I won, I would be the sole profiteer.

bd4yREZ.png

This is the temple of Mars. I really wasn't kidding when I said those two screencaps from the last update were the whole thing: this is a really tiny map, and very straightforward too. Really, half of this map is just watching the NPCs battle, we only really need to clean up whatever's left of them when we get there. Don't expect any levels, we might not even have a chance to get any.

Huh, another quick update.

After the huge ones from last time, I need to get used to this change of pace. Then again, this game makes up for it in dialogue length...

MhuhQpg.pngY1nHtD7.png

The NPCs are little scrubby Mages, but their affinity for wind magic will allow them to survive for a while, since they'll dodge reliably and double pretty much everything. Well, except for the lady overthere, who isn't even using the wind magic that's supposed to be taught by the master of this place! What the heck?

Ah, chapters were the NPCs are supposed to die. They are a rarity in these kind of games.

Of course, they also tend to act as experience thieves, so it's only marginally better.

rdizb0F.png

That was the allies. For the enemy, we have Shadow Mages and Lancers. One of the latter is... rather peculiar. "Sorrowful Knight"? What's that all about? And why is he so good? And why does he have a face instead of a full-body painting?

That is somehow a mixture between being a clever way of hiding the recruitable character and being a painfully obvious way of hiding the recruitable character.

ufdnitA.png

His is a special weapon (yes, this is from a different turn, shut up). For starters, he cannot use it to counterattack. In fact, whenever he is able to use it, which is in every even-numbered turn, he'll be a sitting duck, as the weight of the tome will completely tank his speed down. However, as the description helpfully points out, this is an AoE attack: if anyone's within attack range (2-3 tiles), he'll unleash an attack that will affect the tile he used it on, and the four surrounding tiles. Coupled with his high magic, it can deliver quite the mighty blow to our forces, althoguh, once again, the NPCs are more likely to take the damage.

So there are AoE attacks in this game? Interesting. Wonder if those kinds of attacks will be seen with dread or annoyance later down the line.

By the way, that whole "Enteh's ran ahead into the temple!!11!1one!!!11!!" deal? It doesn't amount to anything: she just automatically moves before the map starts, you don't even lose control of her or her first turn at all. If you wanted to, you could even have her retreat back to the entrance. Honestly, I think it would've made for a more interesting chapter if she really did run into the crossfire like a headless chicken, although, in hindsight, it would've been dangerously close to impossible to save her without some RNG blessings, considering all horses in Lieberia are claustrophobic or something.

Oh. So it won't be as difficult as it at first appears.

Kaga, you're the best. I am glad to have this overpowered juggernaut. I won't use him, thank you very much. Kreiss is growing so well, he'll be better than this clown in no time!

Yup. This will be another Rubenio playthrough were I need to be careful not to be drawn in by you making bad units work if I ever get around to playing the game myself.

Seriously, though. I forgot that Dieck was good at that Lot and Wade being amazing was partially a stroke of luck when I tried playing the FE6 on an online emulator (before the site went haywire due to negligence).

wrfHfd6.png

Oof-- wait, did he hit one of his own men?! Bwahahahahahahahahah... Dagon, c'mon, I'd think a guy who answers directly to Guenchaos would be better than this!

Wait, so AoE attacks can harm their own side?

...Well, that's a friendly way to show the player that fact, at the very least.

k8Mkv3n.pngwO7Hem8.pngaRdI4ww.png

Look at that! What the hell's that all about? I understand it sort of fits the wind theme he's got going for him, but still!

ryidYbW.pngXNCuZT7.png

And he does the squat again to return to the original pose. It's hilarious.

What... is that?

It looks like he's playing airplane (or pretending to be a bird. Or a Pegasus as they exist in this world). Although being fair, picturing the arm swinging motion in action does make sense for a wind spell. Why he returns to the goofy pose at the end, who knows? (Saving money on animation is probably the reason)

Hey! HEY! MY BOSS KILL! CEASE YOUR RESURRECTING AT ONCE!!

CDNYmCj.png

At least Lee got some experience from the fight.

pretty uneventful update so I just wanna say that

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EfGab3t.png

HP 80% - Strength 55% - Skill 55% - Speed 35% - Defense 35% - Magic 35% - Luck 30% - Mastery 35%

Zieg is one of those units where it's really obvious that Kaga wants you to use him

like, just looking at his growths for a moment, most of the growths so far have been almost Gaiden-tier bad (slight exaggeration but there isn't really a good comparison across other FE games) but Zieg comes in here and his wouldn't be out of place in, like, Path of Radiance. and that's not even to get into all the ridiculous stuff he has to his name at base; being a horse guy with those bases would be good enough, but he also has a ridiculous array of skills (this version of Wrath might not be as OP as Thracia's, but it's pretty damn close...) and recoil-less Devil weapons is a nice bonus to top it all off

needless to say I fully agree with your decision to not use him, I'd do the same

Well, he is prepromoted, so he is a filthy EXP thief. Why invest in good units when you can make shitty units slightly less shitty? :D:

Jokes aside, his class has another neat trait. It takes no movement penalties from certain terrain. So Zieg is not slowed down by forests or even desert and maybe some other stuff. He can also use axes when mounted, but I suppose that Helbeard was a bit of a giveaway there.
Though admittedly he does have less movement then other promoted mounted classes. And while he can fight with lances dismounted just like Bronze Paladins, he does have less movement while doing so. His caps also aren't that great.

Still, he's way too busted. So just like Narron I tend not to use him.

Edited by BrightBow

Part 9 - Secret plans and prison breaks.

On 16/12/2018 at 10:28 PM, Dayni said:

That's not the biggest issue (unlike the current devices I'm using, these hypothetical replacements aren't replacing (completely) broken tech), though I'd like to hold out for a few months to see if things get any cheaper (and see if they last 4 years in a row).

Wouldn't they be cheaper now, though? Xmas sales and all...

I mean, they once had Nintendium. Of course they'd argue that.

Hah hah hah... what a story, Dayni.

And yes, stop the internet. Humanity created a monster in the long run.

Skynet's a fairy tale. Internet's where it's at. And I, for one, welcome our new overlord. If we are to be conquered, I'd rather be conquered by memes. It would make life so amusing...

Alright, that explains it.

Success, then!

Oof, that doesn't sound nice. I mean, other bosses can be tricky but every single giant spider boss is a go fuck yourself in disguise unless you're powerful enough.

I could have played it, but no, I decided that I was okay going to the capital for a concert because apparently I'm not just some bot.

That's a great plan, right there. For sure.

I mean, I wasn't being entirely serious.

One's usually Red and the other usually Green. :P

I guess so, but then I remember Luke and Roderick... although, to be fair, Abel and Cain themselves exist in that game too.

I choose Butz.

You fool! You have made a powerful enemy!

Honestly story Xander's more of an asshole, but whatever. Camilla's one of the many examples of wasted potential that game has. Fates has many of those.

Yeah... honestly, I only dislike her because her boobs are unnaturally big, yet she's becoming one of the faces of this franchise that I love very much. C'moooooooon why isn't Arran the face of--

Oh, right, he looks like shit at all times, I forgot. Now that would be one way to drive away potential fans: have a terminally ill, repenting civilian-murderer with what's somehow the best and the worst hair ever at the same time as the icon of the series.

In other words, more like how Obi-Wan did in The Phantom Menace.

More or less, yes.

Also some images of his appearance in MotE.

I would use this as my avatar this second but I needed to put a hat on.

That has to be the most hilarious thing I've seen this week. Oh my goodness.

It's the new Perceval I see. Of course you'd object to his existence.

Of course I object! The only good units I will allow myself to use are the bald ones.

So wait, Fairies are all called Azoth then?

Navi must be offended. "HEY LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT! WE'RE NOT ALL THE SAME GUY ASSWIPE!"

Well, excuuuuuuUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUuuuuuuUUUUUuuuse me, princess.

On 16/12/2018 at 11:13 PM, BrightBow said:

Kaga had an enemy faction where everyone wears black armor before it was cool.

#Kagadiditfirst

Come to think of it, it's probably worth noting that just like the 3D console Fire Emblem games would later do, every unit has it's own palette on their map sprite, instead of their color being dependent on whether they are currently Player units, NPCs or Enemies. Works pretty well, I'd say. Wish Fire Emblem had tried this too.

Yeah, that's a really cool detail, even if often times the colors don't match.

On 17/12/2018 at 12:22 AM, eclipse said:

Well, that chapter was disappointingly short.  But I guess it can't be helped!

We'll get more action in this next one.

On 17/12/2018 at 4:41 AM, Hawkwing said:

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Fun fact: The map size is the same as in chess: 8x8 squares.

I never said it doesn't work, but a little variety wouldn't have hurt.

And an advanced addition with more mechs,Vek, pilots, mission types, maybe even backstory on the pilots, companies, and the Vek...

Yep, I too would buy it in a heartbeat.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there already is backstory on the pilots and the companies, it's just not implemented in the game. That's really weird, but a quick google search should direct you to all the info.

Maybe. Although being fair, I haven't really gone shopping for a videogame in several months. I'd at least like to see if I can find the game legitimately first before resorting to emulators.

Ah, I see. Well, then.

A steelworks press, that is. One of these things, if google is anything to go by:

Image result for steelworks press

Now I feel dumb. Still, maybe he just had the best cannons in the country and that's how he got his ass into the His Chancellorness position. Everyone was just scared of his cannons.

I will if I notice them.

Very well.

Eh, they're more boring than outright bad. In this kind of series, I'd prefer the former over the latter. Granted, though, I have a "deal with it" mentality towards map design in most videogames, so I'm not the best at judging what makes a level "good" or "bad".

I see... well, I can't say I disagree, boring's better than outright bad for sure, but... neither of them are good, nor do them make me feel like buying.

Swamp maps can go to hell, though. They're just like desert maps, except the sand hurts you.

Ah, yeah... that's one thing I wish they didn't borrow from Gaiden when making TRS. You'll see, oh, you will see all right...

Yeah, Awakenings not a hard game to see why people either love or hate it. It really depends on whether or not you can enjoy it's brokenness and how some of the challenge has to be self-imposed (but with a ton of options on how to do so).

Like the gameplay, it's not hard to see why people either love or hate Awakenings cast. It really depends on whether one can get behind the (almost deliberately) questionable first impressions and the mass "character is three dimensional when you thought they were a trope" deal.

I see. Well, my 3DS doesn't work anymore I'm pretty sure, but I might have to watch a LP or something.

Ye. There are some stuff from mods that I wish made it into the original game. In Viking Conquest, it's that your army keeps fighting during gameplay even after you're knocked out, albiet with a moral penalty. Although it does apply in story missions, where if your character falls, they die, although given the plot, it's probably a better fate...

Oh, there's permadeath in that one? That's cool...

Randomly related, but I got Blood & Gold recently, which is basically Mount and Blade WITH PIRATES!!! I'll tell you if it's any good later.

Now's later. How good is it?

Will do... eventually. Maybe when I'm not half awake and ramble about stuff without thinking first.

But that's the best state of mind to be in for this sort of thing! Just look at me, I ramble without thinking first (without even needing to be half asleep by the way) and my LPs are very successful! They're more popular than Pewdipie! Right? We should make a series, "Pewdipie vs T-series vs Saint Rubenio". I am confident in my chances.

I just got them earlier this year

Enjoy pushing them back up. That's one of those little pleasures that make life worth living. Simply doing the gesture makes you feel smarter.

Yeah, you're right. I didn't find anything. Even when I google translated it into Japanese (tear ring saga all critical hits = すべてのクリティカルヒットを引き裂く涙, apparently).

It's a really obscure game, I told you. I sure hope you aren't expecting as high a production value as the last LP had (as in, custom sprites, battles, etc.), because with the total lack of resources for this game on the internet, it'd be impossible to do it. I mean, I'll likely try when I'm bored enough, but I won't make any promises. Not to mention, due to the fact that this story isn't completely barebones like FE6's, I'll probably focus less on my own nonsense. I wouldn't want to take away from this game's good story.

As for a PS1 emulator... Eeeeeh I make check one out in the future. I have a few to many games to complete legitimately at the moment.

Sure, that just means you can enjoy the game with me, and I get views.

Found it. That was... bloodier and... fanservicier(?)... than I thought it would be.

Hey, it's popular for a reason. The most popular video of it on youtube has 3 million views, which is a lot, all things considered, but I can assure you a lot of those come from horny teenagers.

...what? No, of course it's not me! Not me... not at all... I swear...

It's 80's game old. Doesn't look like much, but it's still impressive what conventions they did that early on.

Yeah, that's mostly what I gathered, too.

I need to check out the book series as well. Apparently, it's about a utopia that turns out to be a fake utopia but ends up becoming an actual utopia by the end. And everyone is an actual pacifist.

Interesting.

I don't always gamble, but when I do...

...Well, my attempt to create a bet that I would puke in health class went nowhere. I don't think my friends wanted my money, and in the event that I won, I would be the sole profiteer.

A shame.

Huh, another quick update.

After the huge ones from last time, I need to get used to this change of pace. Then again, this game makes up for it in dialogue length...

To be fair, this chapter and the dialogue preceeding it were both uncharacteristically short. We'll be sure to get some huge updates at some point. Believe me, there's a reason I'm going with plot updates and gameplay updates this time around.

Ah, chapters were the NPCs are supposed to die. They are a rarity in these kind of games.

Of course, they also tend to act as experience thieves, so it's only marginally better.

Yeah, that was kind of a no-chapter, but hey, this one'll be different.

That is somehow a mixture between being a clever way of hiding the recruitable character and being a painfully obvious way of hiding the recruitable character.

I mean, it's clever because most people wouldn't even think to check every enemy, especially in this chapter. Of course, the moment you check, the mystery disappears.

So there are AoE attacks in this game? Interesting. Wonder if those kinds of attacks will be seen with dread or annoyance later down the line.

Ah, you'll see...

Oh. So it won't be as difficult as it at first appears.

Nnnnope.

Yup. This will be another Rubenio playthrough were I need to be careful not to be drawn in by you making bad units work if I ever get around to playing the game myself.

Hahahahahahah, oh, really? That's one side-effect I had never intended.

Seriously, though. I forgot that Dieck was good at that Lot and Wade being amazing was partially a stroke of luck when I tried playing the FE6 on an online emulator (before the site went haywire due to negligence).

To be fair, Lot's pretty underrated, I believe. He's not the best, by any means, and his bases are questionable, but you get him going and he can become quite the versatile unit. As for the other two... yeah, no excuses there.

Wait, so AoE attacks can harm their own side?

...Well, that's a friendly way to show the player that fact, at the very least.

The AI's really careless with it, if it can hit the enemy, it will, even if it has to destroy its own army in the process. It's kinda funny to see sometimes.

What... is that?

It looks like he's playing airplane (or pretending to be a bird. Or a Pegasus as they exist in this world). Although being fair, picturing the arm swinging motion in action does make sense for a wind spell. Why he returns to the goofy pose at the end, who knows? (Saving money on animation is probably the reason)

yqFJPG8.png

At least Lee got some experience from the fight.

Better than nothing, I guess.

On 17/12/2018 at 11:31 AM, Ruminant said:

pretty uneventful update so I just wanna say that

Zieg is one of those units where it's really obvious that Kaga wants you to use him

Which is why I will defy him!

like, just looking at his growths for a moment, most of the growths so far have been almost Gaiden-tier bad (slight exaggeration but there isn't really a good comparison across other FE games) but Zieg comes in here and his wouldn't be out of place in, like, Path of Radiance. and that's not even to get into all the ridiculous stuff he has to his name at base; being a horse guy with those bases would be good enough, but he also has a ridiculous array of skills (this version of Wrath might not be as OP as Thracia's, but it's pretty damn close...) and recoil-less Devil weapons is a nice bonus to top it all off

needless to say I fully agree with your decision to not use him, I'd do the same

Yeah, Kreiss deserves a chance to shine after his last level!

On 17/12/2018 at 5:57 PM, BrightBow said:

Well, he is prepromoted, so he is a filthy EXP thief. Why invest in good units when you can make shitty units slightly less shitty? :D:

That's exactly right! I'm glad you understand.

Jokes aside, his class has another neat trait. It takes no movement penalties from certain terrain. So Zieg is not slowed down by forests or even desert and maybe some other stuff. He can also use axes when mounted, but I suppose that Helbeard was a bit of a giveaway there.
Though admittedly he does have less movement then other promoted mounted classes. And while he can fight with lances dismounted just like Bronze Paladins, he does have less movement while doing so. His caps also aren't that great.

Still, he's way too busted. So just like Narron I tend not to use him.

Likewise.

20 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Oh yeah well your gay for Eugen

At least the man I am gay for isn't a pathetic excuse for a knight. He's the greatest person to ever exist!

Spoiler

Last update was extremely depressing, but with any luck, this one'll only make me feel happy.

Gk0Fsw2.png

Oh, no...

tswrvWm.pngNo, it can't be...

Ujz6qgr.pngMaruj, listen carefully. Grandfather left this spellbook for you.

tswrvWm.pngBut this is Wundergust! I can't use this spell! No one can! Grandfather said it was too dangerous for us!

xQunKTk.png Ah, yes, Wundergust. The first of this game's many personal tomes, most of which are broken. This's Maruj's personal one, and it's... well, suffice to say, he's overreacting.

Ujz6qgr.pngMaruj, you are your grandfather's successor, the rightful heir to the title of Sage of Wind.

0zFk3fj.png It just hit me this is the woman that named Maruj, well, "Maruj". A woman named Syphilis. Man, I'd hate to see what daddy's name is.

Ujz6qgr.pngHow will you live up to his legacy if you cannot master his spells?

tswrvWm.pngBut I just can't...

Ujz6qgr.pngYour grandfather broke the seal on the spell so that you could use it. Do you know why he went that far?

0zFk3fj.png Actually, I'm more confused as to when he did this. Did he just force it broken right before Guenchaos blasted him away?

tswrvWm.pngTo... To protect Enteh?

Ujz6qgr.pngYes, that's right. Now it is your duty to protect Enteh in your grandfather's stead. You are the only one capable of carrying on his legacy.

pMbYVZT.png

tswrvWm.pngIf I'm going to protect her, I need to know what I'm protecting her from.

Ujz6qgr.pngShe's an innocent girl who lives in fear of a terrible cult. I can tell you no more than this. Anything more is not for me to say.

0zFk3fj.png Gotta love how she and Eisenbach want Maruj to protect Enteh and succeed Eisenbach as the Sage of Wind and all that grandiose bullshit, but when he starts asking basic, reasonable questions, she just treats him as if he was a 5-year-old asking how mommy and daddy made him.

Q5hFhVO.png

tswrvWm.pngThe truth...

0zFk3fj.png Oh but not to worry, the truth will become clear eventually. When? Who knows, who cares, get out there and kill people for this girl you barely even know. Your grandfather's dead? Big whoop, now you're in charge of what's left of the temple, deal with it. Jeez, poor kid...

NgCkvFO.png

WgtWCgP.pngMaruj...

tswrvWm.pngAre you still blaming yourself? Grandfather's death wasn't your fault. How many times do I have to tell you?

WgtWCgP.pngI know that, I just... Maruj, you know who it was who killed Master Eisenbach, right?

tswrvWm.pngYes... Pontiff Guenchaos... The man responsible for the revival of the Cult of Gerxel forty years ago. He's as wicked as he is powerful.

xQunKTk.png I'd like to point out that nobody's told him this. Kid did his homework in the last five minutes. I must say, for a child who just lost pretty much everything and has been forced into a position he was definitely not ready to take on, he's doing quite well.

WgtWCgP.pngIndeed, he is a terrible man. Three of the Great Sages have already fallen by his hand. Thank goodness you were able to escape him!

tswrvWm.pngGrandfather told me to run, but I... I wish I'd stayed and fought. Even though I couldn't have done anything, I should've faced them like a man. Why should I have survived, when so many of our friends were killed...?

WgtWCgP.pngDon't say that, Maruj! Your survival is a blessing! Think of how Lady Sylphis would feel if her son had been killed!

617oWLT.png

0zFk3fj.png Still, he's understandably pissed after everything that's happened. Enteh, you better brace yourself...

WgtWCgP.pngWhat...?

tswrvWm.pngYou're going with Lord Runan to the mainland, right?

WgtWCgP.pngYes... I cannot stay here any longer.

tswrvWm.pngThen I'm coming, too. but not for you, Enteh. For me. I'm going to make myself useful, and then maybe someone will appreciate my efforts.

WgtWCgP.pngMaruj?

5wUoFq0.png

WgtWCgP.pngThat's not true! I think of you as...

tswrvWm.png...as a cute little brother. Mother told me.

WgtWCgP.pngYes... You're like family to me, Maruj. I apologize if I've upset you... I'm sorry...

tswrvWm.pngYou're always like that! You never think about anyone but yourself, and you think you can get away with it with your empty apologies!

V7YtzFV.png

WgtWCgP.pngMaruj...

0zFk3fj.png Jeez, that was unreasonable... but, I can understand. The guy's life has been turned upside down in, what, an hour? Spare him some mad rants.

UcfaEPJ.png

Anyway, here's Wundergust. I'll show it off later.

WWhwGyF.png

Now, it's time to see the disgusting pile of flesh. Urgh...

c5RxCSi.png

Yep, there he is, yapping away at Roger.

wDsFnYT.pngYes... Forgive me, sire.

78Uuld9.pngAnd you call yourself a Paladin, do you?

xQunKTk.png As a matter of fact, no. He calls himself The Roger The Paladin.

78Uuld9.png...Ah, I see. It's that girl, isn't it? She's turned you into a gutless coward. I heard the reason she left the Temple was to elope with you. What an embarrassment she must be for the great Master Eisenbach! Abandoning her oath as a cleric to become a harlot to deceive and seduce men!

wDsFnYT.pngMilord, I...!

TBzdIkn.png

0zFk3fj.png Another hostage for the pile? I thought you already had his entire family under control!

wDsFnYT.pngMel and I are engaged for marriage. You cannot separate us now, not when our wedding day is so soon!

78Uuld9.pngWhat was that!? The other generals have left their entire families under my supervision! You dare complain about a single girl!?

wDsFnYT.pngMilord!

78Uuld9.pngDon't worry, I won't lay a finger on her. I shall return her safe and sound... after you get rid of the rebels. But know that if you still refuse me, or if you fail in your duties again, her and the rest of your family's blood will be on your hands. Do I make myself clear?

wDsFnYT.pngYou...!

IfRBMws.png Oh, dear... don't do it, man! He's still got your family!

cr9wypF.png

0zFk3fj.png Thankfully, Mel perceives the danger ahead and stops him just before he punches the fat lobster's head off his shoulders.

wDsFnYT.pngMel, I...

78Uuld9.pngCome now, Roger, you have no need to worry. Leave Mel to me, and you just focus on taking care of those rebels.

wDsFnYT.png...Yes, sire.

D1E3Cj2.png

b7YZ0yb.pngUnderstood, sire!

wDsFnYT.pngUnderstood.

78Uuld9.pngGeneral Dommes, take your troops and set up a defensive line at the Great Bridge. You may take any man you see fit from the castle guard.

n1rxth4.png

m4O8tWQ.pngeZ7ktrv.png

And with that, Dommes sorties and moves forward to the Great Bridge of the Forgettable Name.

nqHBURt.pngdUeUmI7.png

As for us, we move back to Gram Forest to report to Count Marlon.

s5mU7Hk.png

tN4k68u.pngMaster Eisenbach is dead. The Temple of Mars was wiped out by the dark sorcerers of Gerxel.

LRWwhwO.pngIt cannot be...! A man as powerful as Master Eisenbach... Killed at the hands of the Cult...

tN4k68u.pngIt is troubling, Count Marlon, but we cannot afford to delay any longer. Has there been any movement at Fort Wellt?

LRWwhwO.pngIndeed, you are right... Codha has strengthened the palace's defenses and has sent a sizeable force to fortify the Great Bridge. Having lost such an important point of defense may cause some trouble for us...

3x6AWf1.png

hTMofYU.png Oh, so the greatest man has a plan! We cannot lose, then.

LRWwhwO.pngIngenious, you say?

vUN6DQJ.pngHeh heh heh... Just wait and see, Count Marlon...

Pn65TYj.png

Aaaand back to Fort Wellt. More Fatso?

wvd4efF.png

Ah, it's this guy. Right, we sent him here to do some forty chores. At the very least, you cannot fault him for breaking his promises. It seems he's committed to fullfilling at least one of those.

zHr72ok.pngW-Who are you?

rLHd6qi.png Calm down, lady. I'm on your side. The Liberation Army asked me to come and make sure you were safe.

zHr72ok.pngLiberation Army...?

rLHd6qi.png Yep, an army to liberate Wellt from Codha. I heard their leader's a little girl named... Sasha, or something like that. Pretty funny, huh?

zHr72ok.pngThank goodness... Count Marlon has taken up arms at last! I apologize for panicking a moment ago. Please tell him that I am fine.

zHr72ok.pngAlso, could you give this pegasus flute to Sasha?

hTMofYU.png Hell yes, it's her promotion! Thanks, Liza. You're the best mother in FE. It helps that you didn't die horribly, like Marth's, Leif's, Ike's, Sigurd's, Seliph's, Alm's, Hector's, Lyn's, Eirika and Ephraim's, Corrin's I'm pretty sure...

rLHd6qi.png Leave it to me. Is that all, though? I could bust you out of this place, if you want.

zHr72ok.pngI can't. Someone has to stay here and try to talk some sense into Codha and his knights.

DNrUMwb.png

xQunKTk.png Mel hasn't been imprisoned for even five minutes and already she's going to be busted out. Roger's certainly a lot luckier than Eritz was...

rLHd6qi.png Sure thing. See ya!

YlPh6fS.png

zHr72ok.pngO Yutona... Please protect my Sasha...

jEHCpVe.pngyG8ptoZ.png

0zFk3fj.png D'aw, just when I thought I could get away not seeing Elbow again today...

78Uuld9.pngNone of your business, punk! I'm here to see the hostages. Hand 'em over!

iFBu4CW.pngE-Excse me?

XG3vDRu.png

hTMofYU.png Class act, Narcus. Class-fucking-act.

iFBu4CW.pngO-Of course not, milord! I shall bring them at once!

J638uQs.png

xQunKTk.png I love how he didn't find that suspicious at all. Says a lot about His Chancellorness.

78Uuld9.pngPhew... These clothes are so stifling! I can't wait to get out of this disguise and stop acting like that old fatso...

iFBu4CW.png...I'm sorry?

78Uuld9.pngO-Oh! How does thou dare take such longeth time to fullfill thy Chancellorness's biding? Goeth now, before I decide to put thee in one of theese celleths!

iFBu4CW.png...ergh, okay...?

xQunKTk.png Okay, I made that up, but still. Narcus, dude, you don't just loudly announce the fact that you're an imposter in the middle of infiltrating the enemy keep!

xDxyvZu.png

iFBu4CW.pngI have brought the hostages, Lord Codha!

78Uuld9.pngA-Ah, yes, good work! I have no further use for thee. Now begone!

iFBu4CW.pngRight...

7TqPJwq.png

xQunKTk.png I have a feeling this guy knows what's up, he just doesn't like Codha too much and is okay with letting the hostages go. Good guy, this Morgan.

78Uuld9.pngWell, hey there, sweet cheeks. How's about we get out of this stuffy old castle and have some fun?

xQunKTk.png It's moments like these that make me happy that certain games aren't officially localized. Same thing applies to Mother 3. Everyone's constantly losing their heads over MUH OFFICIAL TRANSLATION, but seriously, does anyone honestly believe Nintendo would let something like the Magypsies slide today? Fat chance, I'll stick with the fanslation, thank you very much.

nsbm6hd.pngYou! Don't you dare touch me! One step closer, and I'll...

78Uuld9.pngWhoa, whoa, relax! Here, gimme a sec...

YOEaK8N.png

rLHd6qi.png So, how was my disguise? Never suspected that there was such a good-looking guy underneath, did you?

nsbm6hd.pngW-What? Who are you?

rLHd6qi.png No time for chit-chat now, sweet cheeks. We need to get out of here, and fast.

nsbm6hd.pngEr, right... I suppose I'll have to trust you for now.

rLHd6qi.png By the way...

nsbm6hd.pngYes?

o58qXXi.png

hTMofYU.png Pfft! "No time for chit-chat", eh, Narcus? Hahahah... sadly, this being anime...

5ogMHeG.pngootbrv9.pngon7Jwr5.png

0zFk3fj.png ...it doesn't end so well.

dGtO98d.png

wnu4pDT.png0sEHPLm.png

IZyqcmY.png

LMuLolQ.pngzhbY2Jb.png

rvHq8E7.png

N0fdH2h.png4S6Yx6x.png

K2C9znu.pngbQEeBSt.png

83Jqjop.png

ipJH3dT.pngdnQYog8.png

BNvWxoO.pngpjG4GpE.png

3AVCSSu.png

8LdUrJ0.png

Achievement unlocked: self-insert actually looks like me, finally! Yeah, I really do tower over people in real life, I'm 1.90. All he needs is glasses and my trusty green bomber coat and he'd look exactly like me! Still, I'm fond of that awkward, oversized neon green jacket of Anime!me's, so that's that. Again, give me feedback. If you wish, I can post the normal-sized sprite, too!

cGSk4jD.png

We're back to Gram Forest again? Who could it be this time?

yUPYlhh.png

Oh, it's the new guy being sexist. My dude, that'd make sense in real life middle ages, but this is the Middle Ages of Anime. Plenty of female soldiers here, not to mention the fact that they're the best healers around. Uh, disregard the fact that Lee exists.

kkXZfYc.pngIt's not that uncommon, no. Say, Zieg... Were you really a knight of Barge? Sir Raffin said he didn't recognize you...

TNnkiLw.pngI never met Sir Raffin during my service, so that's not surprising.

JpU30S9.png

kkXZfYc.pngOh my goodness... I've never seen so many scars in my life. Are these... lashings...?

0zFk3fj.png In the original translation, he said "take a look at my back", which I feel is more appropriate, because here we can only guess exactly what he showed her. This is one of two lines that were better in the original translation that I could find in my three past runs of TRS. Two lines in the whole game, mind you. Maharaj was an acceptable loss, I'm afraid.

TNnkiLw.pngThat's right. Back when I was first captured by the Cult, I was taken to a work camp in the Zoa Valley. In the camps, it doesn't matter if you're man or woman, young or old, they work you and beat you just the same. One day, I just snapped. I saw one of my brothers about to be whipped, and I ran over to shield him. This was my punishment.

TNnkiLw.pngSee these lines here?

unCBoXP.png

kkXZfYc.pngI can't even begin to imagine it... That's just terrible...

TNnkiLw.pngThe pain was nothing compared to what they did after that. I was forced to watch the brother I'd protected receive the exact same punishment. He died because of me. They brought my older sister in after that.

926Jg2v.png

TNnkiLw.pngCall me a coward if you want. Any pride I might've had as a knight was abandoned a long time ago.

0zFk3fj.png Jesus Christ on a bike, Guenchaos.

kkXZfYc.pngI'm sorry for suspecting you, Zieg. I have heard rumors about what the Cult does to the people they conquer, but I never could've imagined it was so awful... I'm ashamed of myself...

TNnkiLw.pngNo, the shame is mine alone. I shouldn't have shown you that. Please, don't tell the others about my scars. I don't want them to know...

6vpvO2s.png

oFr2A7Q.png

That was positively depressing, but on the bright side, we may finally move on to face Dommes!

Je7EHaM.pngLMJ5iZB.pngIseDyDK.png

Here we are! Let us see what Eugen's ingenious plan is.

HlB0HGX.png

vUN6DQJ.pngYes, I sent a small portion of our troops to infiltrate the enemy camp last night. Crossing the bridge would've been difficult with the enemy ballistae aimed at us from on the other side. However, now we have allies over there to take care of them for us.

LRWwhwO.pngTrue, but that also means that we are lacking in manpower on this side. We'll be in bad shape if another squad ambushes us from behind.

0zFk3fj.png Do you have something wrong with Eugen's--

1dZV2Dv.png

hTMofYU.png Man, someone should really keep count of how many times Eugen's awesome. Did he just get defensive over his plan, or am I dreaming?

LRWwhwO.pngI didn't say that. I'm merely saying that we ought to remain wary.

tN4k68u.pngCount Marlon is right. I've gotten reports of other troops scouting aroudn here. We need to secure the bridge as quickly as we can.

FECN8GU.png

vUN6DQJ.pngYes, milord!

LRWwhwO.pngIt shall be done.

0zFk3fj.png I wonder what kind of signal requires two old men to set it off.

dmXbaEH.pngw0ljVlC.png

0zFk3fj.png Meanwhile, Dommes evilly laughs upon hearing the report from a recolored Eritz's generic.

e4RQhOA.pngShall we begin the ambush, sir?

a4RP7eg.pngWait till they advance just a bit further. Then we'll have them pinned. Don't disappoint me!

e4RQhOA.pngYes, sir.

B9AffD7.png

ztLOnAt.pngEB50LRR.pngF6Xe8CO.png

BJXig7D.png3FWg9Ld.png

UPqZVS1.png

IHySwEU.pngZ3U9qWy.png

Well, that was fun. Next time, we assault the Great Bridge in what is the first truly challenging map in the game, in my opinion. I sure hope it's not the first map where I screw up and people die horribly, too. I've nothing else to say, other than, please do fare well until then!

Death count: --

Reset count: 0

I would probably be pissed too, if someone lost an impregnable fortress simply because they left it entirely unguarded and didn't bother to lock the door. Not to mention the part where he just kinda got stuck between some girls. That last one in particular is probably a problem that Cobba can't really relate to.

And yeah, Maruj got it rough. It's not just that his personal weapon is not all that impressive. But all the mages have very comparable bases and growths. So it's really mostly those personal weapons that set them apart.

Edited by BrightBow

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I never said it doesn't work, but a little variety wouldn't have hurt.

Agreed. Although maybe they didn't do that just because they don't want to have the player scroll to look at the map (a major design choice, after all, was that all the information the player needed was on a single screen).

Actually, I'm pretty sure there already is backstory on the pilots and the companies, it's just not implemented in the game. That's really weird, but a quick google search should direct you to all the info.

Yeah, I've looked at that before. It's still impressive how much personality even the generic pilots get, but one can tell that Chris Avellone outdid himself again.

At the very least, we didn't get a bugfest or ton of cut content with the story this time around. Although gameplaywise it's hard to tell as they pretty much made and scrapped weapons at will to see what did and didn't work.

Now I feel dumb. Still, maybe he just had the best cannons in the country and that's how he got his ass into the His Chancellorness position. Everyone was just scared of his cannons.

Could make sense. Cannons and guns did tend to mark the end of the middle ages after all, as now armor and castles were becoming pointless.

With that said, I'm now wondering if I should get my hopes up that he brought a few of those cannons to defend the castle.

Ah, yeah... that's one thing I wish they didn't borrow from Gaiden when making TRS. You'll see, oh, you will see all right...

...Crud.

Swamp maps are my third most hated mechanic in Fire Emblem, right behind Reinforcements and Fog of War.

I see. Well, my 3DS doesn't work anymore I'm pretty sure, but I might have to watch a LP or something.

I was actually thinking of doing one during my first Ironman run of Awakening, but decided against it because A. I don't have any (good) recording/screenshoting equipment, and my phone's pictures are crap. B. Two other people were doing lets plays of the 3DS games, and I didn't want to appear like I was jumping on a bandwagon, and C. It had its moments, but it's wasn't particularly commentary worthy. I still have enough random observations of the game to make a topic out of it (which I did, by the way).

I still have thoughts of doing one sometime in the future, although whether that's sooner or later, we'll have to see.

Oh, there's permadeath in that one? That's cool...

Only during story missions. Thankfully, if it's a normal skirmish or one of the games normal quests, if you get knocked out, the battle continues as normal.

The story mode has odd balancing where it eases a player into the game and the similarities

Now's later. How good is it?

I've only tried it twice, but as for my first impressions of the game: It's good. It definitely has the "currently incomplete but we'll keep adding and fixing things as we go" feel that the company is well known for, but I enjoy what's there. I especially like how many different ways there are to get money in this game. You can get it through shrewd trading, piracy, gambling doing various kinds of missions, and any combination of the above.

Speaking of missions,there's a message board where you can quickly do missions like "bring X amount of supplies to the port in exchange for Y" or "destroy 5 pirate ships", but you can also hire mercenaries and buy a letter of marque so you can be a legal pirate. There's also high-risk, high-reward criminal missions where you have to do stuff like assassinate people in one shot while having to escape the town once the guards come after you, or beat up a noble armed with clubs while they're surrounded by armed body guards. There's also the typical governor missions, and though I haven't gotten to the point yet, there are multiple ways you can handle conquering a port.

I also like how despite how much money you get, you have to put it to good use. You have to balance between buying equipment for your character and repairing and buying stuff for your ship. It's neat having to balance .The ship battles aren't that bad, and it's fun to board one, steal it, and either keep it or sell if off at the next port.

About the only downsides I can think of are how it feels incomplete, and that I think Pirates: Live the Live! does what this game (and most pirate games, for that matter) does and better. I'll admit that that Pirates: Live the Life! is my favorite nostalgic game, but it really does do everything faster than a lot of pirate games, as well as handling all gameplay aspects masterfully and being simple, yet deep.

On a side note, I had the pleasure of listening to two very different yet very awesome menu themes over that last few days, as I'm catching up on games I bought that don't work very well on a mouse-less laptop.

But that's the best state of mind to be in for this sort of thing! Just look at me, I ramble without thinking first (without even needing to be half asleep by the way) and my LPs are very successful! They're more popular than Pewdipie! Right? We should make a series, "Pewdipie vs T-series vs Saint Rubenio". I am confident in my chances.

Necromanced it. I'll see if it goes anywhere. Also, my responses aren't as weird as I remembered. I guess I went deeper into by back scar story somewhere else, and my weird headcanons aren't as strange as I remember.

It's a really obscure game, I told you. I sure hope you aren't expecting as high a production value as the last LP had (as in, custom sprites, battles, etc.), because with the total lack of resources for this game on the internet, it'd be impossible to do it. I mean, I'll likely try when I'm bored enough, but I won't make any promises. Not to mention, due to the fact that this story isn't completely barebones like FE6's, I'll probably focus less on my own nonsense. I wouldn't want to take away from this game's good story.

I see. I kind of expected that this would be the case with this game, but still, can't wait to see what chances you make.

Sure, that just means you can enjoy the game with me, and I get views.

It's a win-win for everyone.

A shame.

I also made a gamble with Guitar Hero, where the loser would have to download and play a kids game from the app store from some time. I lost, but the joke was on him, as the game actually wasn't that bad, if a little boring and unchallenging, and I got to kick his butt so hard in a Dragon Ball game to the point that he actually cried and I'm no longer allowed to play it.

Ah, you'll see...

That could mean so many things. Very well. I shall wait and see.

Hahahahahahah, oh, really? That's one side-effect I had never intended.

To be fair, Lot's pretty underrated, I believe. He's not the best, by any means, and his bases are questionable, but you get him going and he can become quite the versatile unit. As for the other two... yeah, no excuses there.

I did that subconsciously, honestly. "Lot and Wade turned out well for Rubenio, so i suppose it wouldn't hurt to use them. And Allen... uh, how well do you do in practice? And Dieck, I forget that you're in a mercenary in a game where they're very good."

The AI's really careless with it, if it can hit the enemy, it will, even if it has to destroy its own army in the process. It's kinda funny to see sometimes.

Sounds easily exploitable, even unintentionally. Although it's probably easier to exploit that unintentionally than to plan around it.

yqFJPG8.png

Now I'm reminded of one of those memes I've only seen two or three times with the strange music and odd spinning.

xQunKTk.png Ah, yes, Wundergust. The first of this game's many personal tomes, most of which are broken. This's Maruj's personal one, and it's... well, suffice to say, he's overreacting

Since when hasn't a personal weapon been overpowered or at the very least extremely useful?

0zFk3fj.png Jeez, that was unreasonable... but, I can understand. The guy's life has been turned upside down in, what, an hour? Spare him some mad rants.

That entire conversation... dang. He's accepting that he's accepting a lot of responsibility at once, yet is still a kid

wDsFnYT.pngMel and I are engaged for marriage. You cannot separate us now, not when our wedding day is so soon!

78Uuld9.pngWhat was that!? The other generals have left their entire families under my supervision! You dare complain about a single girl!?

It's used for his own selfish reasons, and he is doing it in a jerkish manner, but Codha does have a point. The enemies and other generals have left their families to fight, and the past battle may have been different if Mel wasn't present.

hTMofYU.png Hell yes, it's her promotion! Thanks, Liza. You're the best mother in FE. It helps that you didn't die horribly, like Marth's, Leif's, Ike's, Sigurd's, Seliph's, Alm's, Hector's, Lyn's, Eirika and Ephraim's, Corrin's I'm pretty sure...

Alm's mother isn't mentioned, Celica's mother died due to illness (and her father somehow manages to be one of the biggest A-holes in the series despite being dead before the game begins and he didn't even have a name in the original gaiden), Chrom and Lissa's parents are dead, and so are most of the child characters  of Awakening with very, very few exceptions.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

78Uuld9.pngPhew... These clothes are so stifling! I can't wait to get out of this disguise and stop acting like that old fatso...

Ah! So someone is disguised as Codha. Who will it be? Wyrs? Sid? Ruben? A new character?

78Uuld9.pngWhoa, whoa, relax! Here, gimme a sec...

YOEaK8N.png

F-PjK3Z-Yq2FnARy8MvTaLphFJCMH97lE3gbEGh2KEd5w1fS81zm11Cc_2Q9LQFLlI9qgieNy5odgIpDPscCu1h8DSNGH2RhJ2cPFPNRY0hppfY_IHGAd0_sGm8BtxCjYYxylw2V

hTMofYU.png Pfft! "No time for chit-chat", eh, Narcus? Hahahah... sadly, this being anime...

5ogMHeG.pngootbrv9.pngon7Jwr5.png

Seriously, though. Since when has that joke ever been funny?

dGtO98d.png

Ey! Ruben's makes his grand entrance!

zhbY2Jb.png

rvHq8E7.png

Actually, he's a lets player. They don't have them in your time period yet, but trust me, they'll explode in popularity several centuries down the line.

8LdUrJ0.png

Hilarious conversation. You'll never get tired of self-depreciation, will you?

Achievement unlocked: self-insert actually looks like me, finally! Yeah, I really do tower over people in real life, I'm 1.90. All he needs is glasses and my trusty green bomber coat and he'd look exactly like me! Still, I'm fond of that awkward, oversized neon green jacket of Anime!me's, so that's that. Again, give me feedback. If you wish, I can post the normal-sized sprite, too!

Over six foot, huh? It's always cool to know what the face behind the writer looks like. Don't really have feedback at the moment, except for that it looks like a nice blend between Fire Emblem and TRS's art style.

In the original translation, he said "take a look at my back", which I feel is more appropriate, because here we can only guess exactly what he showed her. This is one of two lines that were better in the original translation that I could find in my three past runs of TRS. Two lines in the whole game, mind you. Maharaj was an acceptable loss, I'm afraid.

Eh, both lines work, but I do agree that the original one does make more sense. It's impressive that only two lines out of thousands in a story heavy game

Also, another guy with a back scar. Yay! Except he's somewhat sexist. Boo!

unCBoXP.png

Scarily, flogs in real life really did do that to a person. There is good reason why there were laws on how many times you could whip someone if it that was their punishment for a crime.

0zFk3fj.png Jesus Christ on a bike, Guenchaos.

Interesting phrase, but god damn. This game does not pull punches with the harsh backstories, does it?

vUN6DQJ.pngYes, I sent a small portion of our troops to infiltrate the enemy camp last night. Crossing the bridge would've been difficult with the enemy ballistae aimed at us from on the other side. However, now we have allies over there to take care of them for us.

LRWwhwO.pngTrue, but that also means that we are lacking in manpower on this side. We'll be in bad shape if another squad ambushes us from behind.

Wait, so are these troops off-screen spies or actual units that you have to plan around which unit goes in which group?

0zFk3fj.png I wonder what kind of signal requires two old men to set it off.

The "ones that need several different angles to confirm" kind and the "this could kill us/lead to the destruction of the world" kind.

dmXbaEH.pngw0ljVlC.png

Something tells me that the Soldiers Eugen sent earlier were actual units now.

IHySwEU.pngZ3U9qWy.png

Ey! Sid's back! And he might be on enemy we face! Maybe. Glad to see it be acknowledged that wielding a sword and wearing heavy armor aren't something you learn or get used to overnight.

Well, that was fun. Next time, we assault the Great Bridge in what is the first truly challenging map in the game, in my opinion. I sure hope it's not the first map where I screw up and people die horribly, too. I've nothing else to say, other than, please do fare well until then!

First truly challenging map, you say? I'll go heat up the popcorn...

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wouldn't they be cheaper now, though? Xmas sales and all...

Eh, not necessarily to be honest.

Skynet's a fairy tale. Internet's where it's at. And I, for one, welcome our new overlord. If we are to be conquered, I'd rather be conquered by memes. It would make life so amusing...

It's the least centralised overlord in existence.

That's a great plan, right there. For sure.

Well, it already happened.

Guess I should take some time to prep for those bonus bosses after I do some other things.

That has to be the most hilarious thing I've seen this week. Oh my goodness.

I'm telling you, Ippei's the best Heroes artist because he pulls shit like this now and again. He did a whole series of images when Sigurd or Dorcas were in the same voting gauntlet (Never forget Orcas).

Ujz6qgr.pngYour grandfather broke the seal on the spell so that you could use it. Do you know why he went that far?

0zFk3fj.png Actually, I'm more confused as to when he did this. Did he just force it broken right before Guenchaos blasted him away?

He's old, likely did it in advance. Since it's just Maruj's to use I assume it was something he wasn't doing right there and then, he could have keeled over any day after all.

tswrvWm.pngYou're always like that! You never think about anyone but yourself, and you think you can get away with it with your empty apologies!

V7YtzFV.png

Maruj is shouting at Enteh like:

IHY.png

(The fire is metaphorical).

0zFk3fj.png Thankfully, Mel perceives the danger ahead and stops him just before he punches the fat lobster's head off his shoulders.

In all fairness I bet he could have done that and gotten away with it.

Dead mother spoilers:

Spoiler

Yes on Corrin's (You get to see it), Runan's, Holmes's, Roy's, Lilina's, Celica's (It comes up in backstory), Kris's, Robin's.... Is Resse's (the main guy from Berwick) mother dead? Hawkwing got the others as well though.

Let's hope the lords of the Three Houses's parents aren't dead.

Note that Alfonse and Sharnea's are alive. Also Eliwood's. Wow.

78Uuld9.pngA-Ah, yes, good work! I have no further use for thee. Now begone!

iFBu4CW.pngRight...

xQunKTk.png I have a feeling this guy knows what's up, he just doesn't like Codha too much and is okay with letting the hostages go. Good guy, this Morgan.

I mean, with the way Codha is his family's likely dead now. Jeez, I feel bad for this Morgan.

rvHq8E7.pngN0fdH2h.png4S6Yx6x.png

I mean, maybe it's the moustache.

8LdUrJ0.png

I'm still taller though.

No complaints on the art here honestly, if it's the middle ages of anime let him tower!

926Jg2v.png

TNnkiLw.pngCall me a coward if you want. Any pride I might've had as a knight was abandoned a long time ago.

That's the exact way to raise an army of tragic soldiers. What if everyone you'd fight is like that?

Yeah, I still can't say what I'd want to.

a4RP7eg.pngWait till they advance just a bit further. Then we'll have them pinned. Don't disappoint me!

I love this mighty chin.

Fitting and unfitting at the same time.

IHySwEU.pngZ3U9qWy.png

Then where's Wys?

Also, it appears I'm not alone in saying Christ on a Bike. Even if I don't say it much at all in English.

Edited by Dayni

Last update was extremely depressing, but with any luck, this one'll only make me feel happy.

Funny joke, this is a Kaga game, there is no joy to be found within its halls

Gotta love how she and Eisenbach want Maruj to protect Enteh and succeed Eisenbach as the Sage of Wind and all that grandiose bullshit, but when he starts asking basic, reasonable questions, she just treats him as if he was a 5-year-old asking how mommy and daddy made him.

"So what should I do?"

"Ask the storks."

I'd like to point out that nobody's told him this. Kid did his homework in the last five minutes. I must say, for a child who just lost pretty much everything and has been forced into a position he was definitely not ready to take on, he's doing quite well.

Probably just spent those five minutes rushing around the library and asking random attendants questions, and then ran into Enteh.

A man as powerful as Master Eisenbach

Really?

On 12/15/2018 at 6:31 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

7Q19qiq.png

This is their definition of powerful? It's no wonder the cult is doing so well when they consider some old dude with barely and def and hp to be powerful.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're the best mother in FE. It helps that you didn't die horribly, like Marth's, Leif's, Ike's, Sigurd's, Seliph's, Alm's, Hector's, Lyn's, Eirika and Ephraim's, Corrin's I'm pretty sure...

Do we even know what happened to like half of those lord's parents? It's never gone over for Eirika and Ephraim what killed their mom (I think, I haven't played Sacred Stones), or Sigurd's mom (I think, I haven't payed attention to Genealogy's plot outside of fire jokes for a while), or Alm's (This one I think I can safely say so).

does anyone honestly believe Nintendo would let something like the Magypsies slide today? Fat chance, I'll stick with the fanslation, thank you very much.

Depends on whether Nintendo of America or Europe does the translation. If America does it, then certainly they'll either get the cut or get very toned down (although not too much as there would certainly be media outcry), but Nintendo of Europe seems to be pretty chill about most regards. They didn't do a horrific amount of censorship with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, at least I think they didn't.

Jesus Christ on a bike, Guenchaos.

5c1ae60458833_Worthit.jpg.01493b5575ad3d233a5a102828cc745c.jpg Well, you asked for it

I wonder what kind of signal requires two old men to set it off.

Image result for Two old men signalSomething like this, probably

To be fair to Eisenbach, his magic and mastery are actually capped. So he is most certainly an excellent mage technically speaking. Just not that great of a fighter, evidently.

No class available to the player has caps higher then 25. Except for Luck, which can go up to 30 for everyone.

Edited by BrightBow

On 12/14/2018 at 8:47 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

For shame, man! It's a reference to the last LP! Well, I suppose I should enlighten you...

Figured it was one of them but I couldn't remember for sure.

Did you help noobs out? I sure hope you did.

I guess I did sometimes?

Of course! I should've known. He might be the Malledus, but that doesn't mean he can't leave Runan's side from time to time to accompany one of the army's women to chat with another woman. He's Eugen! He's badass enough so that this doesn't look creepy, unlike if it was, say, Saul.

This does bring to mind if he's just following Sasha around this entire battle.

Also, I'm pretty sure him being the army's tactician entails that he's the player character. I'm Eugen in this game! Now that's great.

How much joy did this realization bring you?

Once again, salesman voice.

I just want a show now with Sasha and Eugen going around selling stuff, with Eugen always acting like he's never heard of it before. Sometimes he's just hiding in the nearby bushes and will pop out to say "Oh, that sounds interesting! Do tell me more about (insert x product)."

Raquel

I really like how her gameplay works, that's very creative for this series and I'm glad you're using her cause I would have totally gone "You should use her too!" Though if I keep asking you to use people one of them is bound to die eventually...

We get a Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure, which is a nice bonus to that great dialogue we just read. Yes, if I'm insane enough to call Milady "Minerva" and Shin "Sue's brother" for an entire LP, you can be sure I'll be insane enough to call Plum's bro "Juliattisnacordst" and this "Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure" for the entirety of this one.

Sue's brother still kinda gets me.

I just wanted to show off this line because I adore this typo. He's not just any Paladin, he's Roger the Paladin BUT he's not just any run-of-the-mill Roger the Paladin either, he's THE Roger the Paladin. Not to be confused for reclassed, chubby, pink-haired klutzes. Hilarious. You can expect me to only address him as THE Roger the Paladin for at least the next five minutes. Some things are just better off not being fixed...

This is just reminding me of the infamous FF7 typos like "This guy are sick." and "Beacause you are a puppet." Also please use him and refer to him as such for the rest of forever.

But first, Kreiss takes the herb Arkis had thrown his way in chapter 1 (he still has it) and heals up. How does that even work, I wonder? Does one need to rub the wound with the herb or something?

At least that would make more sense than some Resident Evil games such as 5. You can pick up an herb (that looks like a potted plant) and it somehow is converted into a spray form you just spray on yourself or in your partner's general area and they're healed! And apparently if you're playing with an AI partner they can yell at you that they need an herb (or whatever is it is that Sheva calls it) for just the smallest smidgen of missing health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_hshOytg_M

Also what even is Maruj's battle animation?

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

Even when I await the party, I'm late to it. Go figure. Maybe it's because I've been occupied with other matters.
Anyway, I'll catch up what we have soon, make an obligatory joke asking about why there's still a certain dead guy in the prep screen, and then comment more.
Until then, I leave you with Barlow look-alike facepalming, an image that will probably likely almost certainly be of use in the future when something involving a dead unit or a horseman breaking every rule we know occurs.

briggspalm.png

Part 10 - The Four Stooges.

I've been told that Cecilia now has an alt in Heroes! Well, kick fucking ass, some love for my dear Cecilia! Let's see what she looks like...

...oh man. Oh God, oh man! OH GOD, OH MAN! OH GOD, OH MAN, OH GOD OH MAN OH GAWD!!

It's just another Camilla alt, nothing to see here. They just fucked up and colored her hair green. I'M NOT BITTER, I'M NOT BITTER AT ALL...! THEY JUST COMPLETELY BUTCHERED THE GREAT DESIGN OF ONE OF MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS, THAT'S ALL!

You know what? If this is the price to pay to get into Heroes, I think I'm okay with Arran not being in. Or Frost, or Matthis, or Frey, or Malice, or Knoll, or the Sabre Knights, or Dougy, or Eugen, or Cec-- never mind, she's in, and SHE'S FUCKING RUINED! WHY DID THEY TURN HER INTO CAMILLA!? WHYYYYY!?!?!!? SHE DOES NOT HAVE THOSE BOOBS IN FE6! I'm overreacting, am I. I should just fap and be done with it. Urgghh... I just can't. Sorry.

On 19/12/2018 at 2:53 PM, BrightBow said:

I would probably be pissed too, if someone lost an impregnable fortress simply because they left it entirely unguarded and didn't bother to lock the door. Not to mention the part where he just kinda got stuck between some girls.

When you put it that way it seems 10 times more pathetic, and it already was!

That last one in particular is probably a problem that Cobba can't really relate to.

Pffft... Cobba? LOL

And yeah, Maruj got it rough. It's not just that his personal weapon is not all that impressive. But all the mages have very comparable bases and growths. So it's really mostly those personal weapons that set them apart.

Which is why I'll likely try to use him.

On 19/12/2018 at 9:44 PM, Hawkwing said:

Agreed. Although maybe they didn't do that just because they don't want to have the player scroll to look at the map (a major design choice, after all, was that all the information the player needed was on a single screen).

That makes sense, and I can't really think of that many shapes that would work so well, honestly. Really, what the game would really benefit from is more islands, more mechs, more enemy units, etc. Again, it's solid as it is, but more would in this case be better.

Yeah, I've looked at that before. It's still impressive how much personality even the generic pilots get, but one can tell that Chris Avellone outdid himself again.

At the very least, we didn't get a bugfest or ton of cut content with the story this time around. Although gameplaywise it's hard to tell as they pretty much made and scrapped weapons at will to see what did and didn't work.

Soooooo I really am the only one who hasn't ever heard of Chris Avellone, am I?

Could make sense. Cannons and guns did tend to mark the end of the middle ages after all, as now armor and castles were becoming pointless.

With that said, I'm now wondering if I should get my hopes up that he brought a few of those cannons to defend the castle.

Well... ahem. Fasten your seatbelt.

...Crud.

Swamp maps are my third most hated mechanic in Fire Emblem, right behind Reinforcements and Fog of War.

They're terrible here, too, but to be fair, there are only, like, three of them, and there's only one that I find completely unbearable. But damn, does that one map make up for the rest... suffice to say, remember that one exception to the "no warpskipping" rule? Yeah, it's a swamp map.

I was actually thinking of doing one during my first Ironman run of Awakening, but decided against it because A. I don't have any (good) recording/screenshoting equipment, and my phone's pictures are crap. B. Two other people were doing lets plays of the 3DS games, and I didn't want to appear like I was jumping on a bandwagon, and C. It had its moments, but it's wasn't particularly commentary worthy. I still have enough random observations of the game to make a topic out of it (which I did, by the way).

Neato. I'll check that out.

I still have thoughts of doing one sometime in the future, although whether that's sooner or later, we'll have to see.

Sure thing.

Only during story missions. Thankfully, if it's a normal skirmish or one of the games normal quests, if you get knocked out, the battle continues as normal.

The story mode has odd balancing where it eases a player into the game and the similarities

Ah, I see. Phew.

Arr things.

You've piqued my curiousity. I shall have to give the game a google search.

On a side note, I had the pleasure of listening to two very different yet very awesome menu themes over that last few days, as I'm catching up on games I bought that don't work very well on a mouse-less laptop.

I lost it when they started singing.

Necromanced it. I'll see if it goes anywhere. Also, my responses aren't as weird as I remembered. I guess I went deeper into by back scar story somewhere else, and my weird headcanons aren't as strange as I remember.

Pretty sure you haven't necromanced the same post I remember...

I see. I kind of expected that this would be the case with this game, but still, can't wait to see what chances you make.

I hope you'll enjoy them!

It's a win-win for everyone.

Exactly.

I also made a gamble with Guitar Hero, where the loser would have to download and play a kids game from the app store from some time. I lost, but the joke was on him, as the game actually wasn't that bad, if a little boring and unchallenging, and I got to kick his butt so hard in a Dragon Ball game to the point that he actually cried and I'm no longer allowed to play it.

You mean person.

That could mean so many things. Very well. I shall wait and see.

Ahah... yeah, you do that.

I did that subconsciously, honestly. "Lot and Wade turned out well for Rubenio, so i suppose it wouldn't hurt to use them. And Allen... uh, how well do you do in practice? And Dieck, I forget that you're in a mercenary in a game where they're very good."

Hilarious. Next time, try using every unit I didn't use. That should work better.

Sounds easily exploitable, even unintentionally. Although it's probably easier to exploit that unintentionally than to plan around it.

It definitely is.

Now I'm reminded of one of those memes I've only seen two or three times with the strange music and odd spinning.

Yes, it's exactly that.

Since when hasn't a personal weapon been overpowered or at the very least extremely useful?

I mean, don't get me wrong, Wundergust's okay, but it cannot compare to the other personal weapons from this game.

That entire conversation... dang. He's accepting that he's accepting a lot of responsibility at once, yet is still a kid

Having trouble accepting something is one thing, but imagine having to accept accepting something!

It's used for his own selfish reasons, and he is doing it in a jerkish manner, but Codha does have a point. The enemies and other generals have left their families to fight, and the past battle may have been different if Mel wasn't present.

In all fairness, if Codha wasn't an absolutely irredeemable bastard, Roger probably would've had no qualms leaving Mel in his care. But I'm afraid Roger isn't dumb enough to ignore the fact that everyone who ends up under Codha's supervision becomes a glorified hostage.

Alm's mother isn't mentioned, Celica's mother died due to illness (and her father somehow manages to be one of the biggest A-holes in the series despite being dead before the game begins and he didn't even have a name in the original gaiden), Chrom and Lissa's parents are dead, and so are most of the child characters  of Awakening with very, very few exceptions.

I understand.

Ah! So someone is disguised as Codha. Who will it be? Wyrs? Sid? Ruben? A new character?

F-PjK3Z-Yq2FnARy8MvTaLphFJCMH97lE3gbEGh2KEd5w1fS81zm11Cc_2Q9LQFLlI9qgieNy5odgIpDPscCu1h8DSNGH2RhJ2cPFPNRY0hppfY_IHGAd0_sGm8BtxCjYYxylw2V

Didn't you notice that it was the game's own font? Of course it wouldn't be any of my characters!

Seriously, though. Since when has that joke ever been funny?

I don't know, I chuckled a little. Mainly because the fx they used is likely the Wilhelm Scream of slaps.

Ey! Ruben's makes his grand entrance!

Well, grand, grand...

Actually, he's a lets player. They don't have them in your time period yet, but trust me, they'll explode in popularity several centuries down the line.

I don't know, over the course of these LPs I've had so many jobs (both fictional and real), Homer Simpson would shake his head in disapproval. Seriously! I've been a tactician, a college student, a college dropoff, a time-traveler, a murderer, an unintentional murderer, a sorcerer, the world's savior... the worst part about it is, about three of those are good.

Hilarious conversation. You'll never get tired of self-depreciation, will you?

Hey, laughing at oneself is the quickest road to receiving praise! Nothing says "humble" like making fun of oneself. See, I'm just sooo humble. I really am the greatest person to have ever walked upon this planet.

...either that or I'm depressed.

...or bored. That works too.

Over six foot, huh? It's always cool to know what the face behind the writer looks like. Don't really have feedback at the moment, except for that it looks like a nice blend between Fire Emblem and TRS's art style.

To be fair, I have a more round head than Anime!me, and my hair is way, way more messy than that. But yeah, other than that, he looks more or less like me!

Eh, both lines work, but I do agree that the original one does make more sense. It's impressive that only two lines out of thousands in a story heavy game

Yep, it is. Also, you forgot to finish your sentence, but that's all right, I understand what you were trying to say.

Also, another guy with a back scar. Yay! Except he's somewhat sexist. Boo!

I'd argue that, but considering what we'll be seeing later, his sexism just makes no sense in the slightest.

Scarily, flogs in real life really did do that to a person. There is good reason why there were laws on how many times you could whip someone if it that was their punishment for a crime.

Jeez, poor Zieg...

Interesting phrase, but god damn. This game does not pull punches with the harsh backstories, does it?

Hah. Just you wait...

Wait, so are these troops off-screen spies or actual units that you have to plan around which unit goes in which group?

Well...

The "ones that need several different angles to confirm" kind and the "this could kill us/lead to the destruction of the world" kind.

Why does Runan feel the need for that kind of signal? This isn't the final battle!

Something tells me that the Soldiers Eugen sent earlier were actual units now.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell...

Ey! Sid's back! And he might be on enemy we face! Maybe. Glad to see it be acknowledged that wielding a sword and wearing heavy armor aren't something you learn or get used to overnight.

Poor guy's in quite the predicament, indeed.

First truly challenging map, you say? I'll go heat up the popcorn...

Have some faith in me, will you?

On 19/12/2018 at 11:13 PM, Dayni said:

Eh, not necessarily to be honest.

A shame.

It's the least centralised overlord in existence.

Everyone's the overlord! But Obi-Wan more so.

Well, it already happened.

Guess I should take some time to prep for those bonus bosses after I do some other things.

Well, then, good luck with that.

I'm telling you, Ippei's the best Heroes artist because he pulls shit like this now and again. He did a whole series of images when Sigurd or Dorcas were in the same voting gauntlet (Never forget Orcas).

Orcas? Oh, God, I can imagine what that may be about...

He's old, likely did it in advance. Since it's just Maruj's to use I assume it was something he wasn't doing right there and then, he could have keeled over any day after all.

You make him sound even more pitiful than the game made him out to be.

Maruj is shouting at Enteh like:

IHY.png

(The fire is metaphorical).

You're going to be shitting these out throughout the LP? Not complaining, just curious as to whether you're as insane as I or not.

In all fairness I bet he could have done that and gotten away with it.

He would've gotten away with it, but what about the off-screen family?

Dead mother spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes on Corrin's (You get to see it), Runan's, Holmes's, Roy's, Lilina's, Celica's (It comes up in backstory), Kris's, Robin's.... Is Resse's (the main guy from Berwick) mother dead? Hawkwing got the others as well though.

Let's hope the lords of the Three Houses's parents aren't dead.

Note that Alfonse and Sharnea's are alive. Also Eliwood's. Wow.

I see, I see...

I mean, with the way Codha is his family's likely dead now. Jeez, I feel bad for this Morgan.

Actually, with the way Codha is, his family's likely still alive, and that's why he continues to serve. I don't think he'd get away with murdering his servants' families out of nowhere, people really don't like him.

I mean, maybe it's the moustache.

That whole dialogue is partly based on real life experiences. Ever since I started growing that beard, my parents, my family, my friends and my classmates keep telling me I look like a jihadist. It's not funny. Stop laughing.

I'm still taller though.

How dare you?! I demand that you shrink at once!

No complaints on the art here honestly, if it's the middle ages of anime let him tower!

Cool.

That's the exact way to raise an army of tragic soldiers. What if everyone you'd fight is like that?

Yeah, I still can't say what I'd want to.

Remember what Eugen said. We must care not for the enemy. ERADICATE THEM!

I love this mighty chin.

Fitting and unfitting at the same time.

I had no other ideas to make this Morgan unique.

Then where's Wys?

Wys, I don't know. Wrys, I don't know either!

Also, it appears I'm not alone in saying Christ on a Bike. Even if I don't say it much at all in English.

I used it plenty of times in the last LP, why is everyone so surprised now all of sudden?

On 19/12/2018 at 11:39 PM, eclipse said:

I'm feeling way more empathy towards Maruj than I should.

What do you mean? Poor guy's had a rough week, of course you'd feel--

Oh... right. It's a me LP. He's going to die.

...why, you-- I have a plan! Cease your doubting of me post-haste!

And I won't forgive you if either him or Esther bite the dust! :P:

Ah, Esther's benched, so you're in luck!

...well, for now that is. Perhaps later... ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

On 20/12/2018 at 1:44 AM, Ruminant said:

The rest of the rant aside, I found it interesting that Enteh's only been at the Temple of Mars for a year - maybe I missed something earlier, but my assumption was that she was a priestess of the temple and had been there for some time (though obviously somewhat important if the cult's hunting down her specifically...)

Really goes to show what I find "interesting," huh.

Bah, don't worry about it.

This also might have been mentioned earlier, but I guess priests on this continent do take vows of chastity, huh? Unlike Elibe, where Saul keeps his position despite constantly using it to hit on women...

Either way it's hard to blame Mel for leaving the clergy; vows of chastity are dumb anyway. You can tell she didn't do anything wrong by the fact that Codha is even bringing this up to begin with.

Yeah, Mel's a bit of a badass.

Two things:

-This entire scene with Narcus is hilarious. He may be a scumbag, but he's a funny scumbag, damn it!

I'm going to go and assume this applies to my own part of the scene, thank you very much.

-Building off the above, as much as the "Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe" trope annoys me when it's played seriously (H'aanit in Octopath Traveler being a recent example), this is a good example of how using archaic elements of English (or whatever language; I assume this line had to have had a Japanese equivalent) can be really funny when used for comedic effect. Here it's made clear that Narcus is just making this shit up as he goes along, and it makes it even funnier when Codha's guy actually falls for it (although, like you said, it could be he's "falling for it on purpose," so to speak...)

Yeah, H'aanit's manner of speech in Octopath irked me a little too when I played. Didn't pay it much mind, but I'd have been fine with it removed, it doesn't really add anything.

The shading on the jacket looks like the stripes on a watermelon.

Hahahah... oh, come now, you're just nitpicking at this point.

Looks fine otherwise; I particularly like the hair and the shoulderpads. Having him be significantly taller than the other characters to reference your real-life height is a nice touch, too.

Of course you like the hair. It's a very-heavily edited Morgan's hairdo. Everyone loves Morgan's hairdo, that's why everyone looks the same!

...I just realized, does this mean I'm a Morgan, too? Oh, goodness gracious...

On 20/12/2018 at 1:48 AM, DarthR0xas said:

Oh hey there, new reader. Given how half the things I say are callbacks to my past LPs, I sure hope you can make heads or tails of what's going on.

Funny joke, this is a Kaga game, there is no joy to be found within its halls

Oi! Don't be so pessimistic! I...

...uh...

...insert argument here?

"So what should I do?"

"Ask the storks."

This is probably a reference. I am not getting this reference. Explain this reference to me ASAP.

Probably just spent those five minutes rushing around the library and asking random attendants questions, and then ran into Enteh.

Pffft... now that's a funny mental picture.

Really?

This is their definition of powerful? It's no wonder the cult is doing so well when they consider some old dude with barely and def and hp to be powerful.

Then there's the fact that Guenchaos has a forbidden curse that paralyzes people.

Do we even know what happened to like half of those lord's parents? It's never gone over for Eirika and Ephraim what killed their mom (I think, I haven't played Sacred Stones), or Sigurd's mom (I think, I haven't payed attention to Genealogy's plot outside of fire jokes for a while), or Alm's (This one I think I can safely say so).

Let's just assume they're dead, that's what tends to happen.

Depends on whether Nintendo of America or Europe does the translation. If America does it, then certainly they'll either get the cut or get very toned down (although not too much as there would certainly be media outcry), but Nintendo of Europe seems to be pretty chill about most regards. They didn't do a horrific amount of censorship with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, at least I think they didn't.

Eh, I wouldn't know. I considered getting XC2, but since I haven't played the first, nor do I have a way to...

5c1ae60458833_Worthit.jpg.01493b5575ad3d233a5a102828cc745c.jpg Well, you asked for it

How did you manage to make an even lazier edit than any of my own?

Image result for Two old men signalSomething like this, probably

Oh please, those people aren't old, they're middle-aged men with dusty hair!

On 20/12/2018 at 2:44 AM, BrightBow said:

To be fair to Eisenbach, his magic and mastery are actually capped. So he is most certainly an excellent mage technically speaking. Just not that great of a fighter, evidently.

No class available to the player has caps higher then 25. Except for Luck, which can go up to 30 for everyone.

I can confirm. This game doesn't have cute colors for capped stats. The stat just hits the cap and doesn't tell you it has. Joy.

On 20/12/2018 at 5:49 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Figured it was one of them but I couldn't remember for sure.

Well, it was a very central part of the final stretch of the LP, but I imagine the tears made it hard to see the screen.

Too soon? Too soon. I'm sorry.

I guess I did sometimes?

For shame, you were Jeigan! Your job was to feed kills to inexperienced noobs so, in time, they may surpass you! Next time, try to properly get into the character.

This does bring to mind if he's just following Sasha around this entire battle.

Nah, only after he caught wind of the potential new recruits.

How much joy did this realization bring you?

Perhaps too much, but I regret nothing.

I just want a show now with Sasha and Eugen going around selling stuff, with Eugen always acting like he's never heard of it before. Sometimes he's just hiding in the nearby bushes and will pop out to say "Oh, that sounds interesting! Do tell me more about (insert x product)."

He just warps into existance and acts all oblivious, while exaggeratedly winking at Sasha. Thankfully, people are so scared by his sudden appearance, they fail to notice the very obvious hints that he's not just any random joe.

I really like how her gameplay works, that's very creative for this series and I'm glad you're using her cause I would have totally gone "You should use her too!" Though if I keep asking you to use people one of them is bound to die eventually...

And yet you still ask me to use Roger two lines below. Heh, oh well...

Sue's brother still kinda gets me.

I don't see why, I just called Sue's brother "Sue's brother". Nothing wrong with that.

This is just reminding me of the infamous FF7 typos like "This guy are sick." and "Beacause you are a puppet." Also please use him and refer to him as such for the rest of forever.

"The miracle never happen", anyone?

At least that would make more sense than some Resident Evil games such as 5. You can pick up an herb (that looks like a potted plant) and it somehow is converted into a spray form you just spray on yourself or in your partner's general area and they're healed! And apparently if you're playing with an AI partner they can yell at you that they need a hairb for just the smallest smidgen of missing health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_hshOytg_M

I need a HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHeb!

Also what even is Maruj's battle animation?

He's a rookie, all right? Let him be a noobie. Maybe he thinks he needs to pretend to be a bird in order to summon wind.

21 hours ago, Pengaius said:

One thing about your Ruben sprite is that the long cloak has no armholes so it looks like he's wearing a dress. 

You just had to be a dick, didn't you? Well, I'll have you know, it just has wide sleeves!

1 hour ago, DestructionDragon360 said:

Oh boy, I sure hope Sid and Ruben don't get got. Ruben's certainly not had time to shave recently. Didn't realize he was so big though, not only is he tall, he's also got a bit of girth. Maybe it's just the coat tho.

The coat does influence it somewhat, but the truth is, I am rather burly in real life as well as tall. Not really buff, I don't care to go to the Gym, but I am not fat either. Just big. With the beard on top of that, you can see why people like to tell me I look like a terrorist.

1 minute ago, Mad-manakete said:

Even when I await the party, I'm late to it. Go figure. Maybe it's because I've been occupied with other matters.

Oh it's you! Now all we need is Framp and KnightofNohr and the old crew will be back to mock me for my failures. As for being late, I wouldn't worry too much. We're just getting started here. 10 seems like a pretty big number, but we're still only in chapter 6 of 40.
Anyway, I'll catch up what we have soon, make an obligatory joke asking about why there's still a certain dead guy in the prep screen, and then comment more.

Hahahah... do that, I've been awaiting the obligatory joke for ages.
Until then, I leave you with Barlow look-alike facepalming, an image that will probably likely almost certainly be of use in the future when something involving a dead unit or a horseman breaking every rule we know occurs.

briggspalm.png

That looks way too much like Barlowe. Who even is he?

Spoiler

LMJ5iZB.png

Let us go across the river, then.

KV156Ce.png

Here is the map. To answer to Hawkwing's question, yes, Eugen's infiltration squad consists of actual units. There are two ballistae in the map, but thanks to Eugen's ingenious plan, they're not an issue, and four units plus Runan should be enough to assault the bridge. When I said this is the first challenging map in the game, I didn't mean it's that hard. It's harder than the last few ones, but it's still nothing like, say, chapter 7 FE6, or chapter 7 times 2 FE6, or chapter 7 times 2 x FE6, or chapter 7 times 3 FE6...

What? Oh. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is, indeed...

llzxUlC.png

...a tank. They brought a tank. Maybe Codha really does own a steelworks press. These guys are basically Armor Knights with bows instead of swords. This one, in particular, has a brave crossbow, which can be pretty damn scary if you leave the wrong unit in his range. He doesn't move, which means we need to shred through his 30 HP and 15 defense if we want to proceed. Of course, we could always go around. The shallow parts of the river are considered "frontier" tiles, like the rocky parts of the land, which are like desert tiles, so they can be crossed, albeit with some difficulty.

xNYD03k.png

As for the rest of the enemy, we got lancers and bowmen, a few Armor knights, and two Bishops...? Nope! The white one is a Bishop, and he's the enemy's designated healer. This one's a High Mage. What is a High Mage? Basically, an enemy-only, recolored Bishop that can't use staves. I don't really understand why they exist. I guess the Maruj-like Mages just didn't look evil enough to be used as enemies.

oZPNzyV.png

Dommes has exactly one bodyguard: this Armor Knight. He's very weak, and he won't move from Dommes's side unless someone's within his attack range. Sure, it just means he'll take longer to die.

c6hAQLF.pngxMniMv0.png

Before we begin, trading. Sasha will make good use of that estoc's higher accuracy.

sK3tU6L.png

I remembered far too late (as in, almost all the way through the chapter) to show off Wundergust, so here, allow me to edit out the potentially spoilery parts. There we go. See that? That's what you get. Wundergust is a rather weak tome, all things considered. Very accurate, quite light, and has tons of crit, but the might's nothing to write home about, and it doesn't have any other special attributes or gimmicks. It's a very run-of-the-mill tome, honestly. Still, since it's very durable, and a step above most common wind tomes due to the low weight and high hit, it can be spammed without much care, as it's not really all that much of a tragedy if it breaks, and it improves Maruj's combat rather dramatically. Just be careful, it increases Maruj's score by a great amount. For now, we'll stick to the wind tome, so Maruj gains as much experience as possible while he still can.

StTMhpx.png

Speaking of Maruj, he'll get us started. Don't miss!

eozG6Vq.pngLKOp8fE.png

Formidable. Only one more round of combat and he'll get stats. With any luck, good stats, too.

qbfjHUV.png

Now, I'll build a wall around him with Juliattisnacordst and Kate.

Z5EXeCd.png

Rats. But still, if I cover him, only this idiot will be able to take a shot at Maruj, and he can take it. Honestly, I'm more worried about Kate and Juliattisnacordst. If all three of the isle's enemies go for any one of them, they'll be in trouble, so let's see if we can get rid of at least one of 'em, okay, Kate?

HcaTpaq.png

Bah...

3zC6QoX.png

Come now, seriously!?

uyPQDqs.png

Very well. Bowman it is. That's all right, neither of the lancers can reach Maruj and they can't kill the other two by themselves.

znrKpIo.pngMwL6XTB.png

That's one ballista down. Let's make it two.

KBLHjPD.pngv05FhTK.png

Why is it that Lee always seems to miss his first shot and then nail the second? Just because you 1HKO everything doesn't mean you should get cocky, that's still one more use of the fire tome that we lose, and you won't get anymore for a while!

5iZEk0Y.pnghtNorGy.pngytNT3g7.png

Oh, look! A critical hit!

cdYYqIF.png

For all the good it did.

IAQcJ9N.pngaVMfDLX.png

Lee hands over his shield to Sasha, just in case she misses.

B0vgf6B.pngw12NYLP.png

There we go. Good girl. Your promotion is on its way, so please keep the good work up.

6CJvr58.pngsTLchde.png

As for the middle team, they just move south towards the bridge. Since this is a river map with tons of frontier tiles, it's of course considered by the game to be a sea map, therefore Garo has 5 move and Julia, 6. That's cool, but I still wouldn't send Julia of all people to lead the advance.

3fiDTXO.pngZe1WaaQ.png

Well done, Kate, well done indeed.

v4NJYZK.pngrBh863A.png

Same to you both!

llbcfuJ.png

Colorful reinforcements? That can only mean one thing...

fGEwjEI.png

It's text time!

rLHd6qi.png All righty, sweet cheeks. That's the Verje Army over on the other side of the bridge. Look for a guy named Runan. Oh, and don't forget to give the flute to the princess!

nsbm6hd.pngWhere are you going? You're not coming with me?

rLHd6qi.png Nope, my job here is done. There's an old man with them that I'd rather not have bossing me around again.

0zFk3fj.png Eugen is not "an old man", he's "an old man who is far greater than me", "me" being you! Uh, and me.

nsbm6hd.pngI see... I suppose this is goodbye, then.

rLHd6qi.png Don't get all teary on me, now! Watch out for the chancellor's soldiers. And don't try crossing the bridge. Find a shallow part of the river instead, and try to ford it on foot.

xQunKTk.png This is your hint to get your units out of the islands, in case it wasn't obvious enough. As far as advice goes, though, this isn't very good. Mel isn't really in danger there.

nPD5g6F.png

nsbm6hd.pngThank you. Take care, Narcus.

tBy72yy.png

eaMBFun.pngQFyKm0Q.png

SNwykm2.pngRsMiBwv.png

kbGIioL.pnga3gyvmI.png

jTil5rd.pngnncCAeo.png

uXiMJkY.png

E1GyMZ8.png

So Narcus leaves. Oh, well. I hope there isn't a castle map with chests any time soon.

ZC2GhT8.pngAZWoKFI.png

a4RP7eg.pngHmm, she could be a spy... Send a few men to dispose of her.

e4RQhOA.pngYes, Sir.

0zFk3fj.png I don't know what happened there, but noone ever goes after Mel. In fact, it's a lot more practical to have the units in the right isle move to Mel and hit the enemy from behind.

yblvTy3.png

HP 35% - Magic 20% - Skill 20% - Speed 35% - Defense 15% - Strength 15% - Luck 15% - Mastery 25% - MOVEMENT 3%

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's a move growth! Mel's useful. High move and staves are a good combination. However, other than that... she's basically just a better Cleric, with higher bases than both Enteh and Plum and better move (which even has a slight chance of increasing). Yeah, yeah, I know, she can fight, but... 2 strength, 15% growth. Her combat's atrocious, and it will never get anywhere. So yeah. She's a better healer than most in this game, for sure, but I still believe Lee's better. He has far better stats, move on healers isn't all that important here because Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure is so common in this game, and he can actually fight quite well, unlike her.
Bottom line, not a bad unit by any means, but she's not as good or fun as Lee.

bSSc42Y.pngF58VSRH.pnghHL99RW.png

Anyway, the time has come to level up our Mage for the first time. Do not let me down, Maruj!

kx1SVJD.png

You let me down. But there's still time. 'Sides, HP's cool.

y8QpP4r.pngIWh7onh.png

Juliattisnacordst seals the deal. The right island is ours.

WkLwrJf.png

Over in the left island, Raquel gets a level as well.

Zx5x6Vt.png

Eeeehhh...

TnBlXsc.pngrp62HO1.pngCh1b0K7.png

Sasha, too. This is going to be a level-heavy chapter, to compensate for the last one.

kRZGvqr.png

Blistering barnacles, another point of strength? And mastery, too! Lovely.

Npw2LMV.pngU4LFqwG.pngqgqZi22.png

Looking good so far. Lee takes some damage, but it's nothing a little touch from Enteh's Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure can't fix.

KOQYrlT.pngFAJ7kRc.png

Suddenly, the trap is sprung!

qEj3747.png

Ah! It's this guy! Remember him? We met him all the way back then and I made him a portrait because there was no way Morgan could possibly convey such magnificent ugliness!

fktLSX2.png

He's come with a bunch of brand-new troops. Norton himself isn't that much to write home about offensively, but he's a brick wall, and he has Wrath! That's not good... but if we can take him out from afar, he shouldn't be too much of an issue.

lIiYvRV.pngspaWPMD.pngwz1bpi5.png

We'll deal with him and his men when they become a problem. For now, Jeiganing.

1OOrZ14.png

Juliattisnacordst and Kate steel themselves to get their pants wet.

LQngkSL.png

One thing that's notable about Knights in this game is that, since they use swords, they tend to have more effective speed than most other enemies. It's rather funny.

wFo0OUZ.pngm0M8AMp.png

Case in point, Kreiss is no match for this guy.

FxEkBEo.png

Garo, on the other hand, completely wrecks him.

Hd0NcUC.png

Oh, he even got a crit! That's nice. If he hadn't done that, the Knight would've retreated to get healed by the Bishop and we would've accomplished nothing significant.

1D5z9rl.png

4s8jjCH.png

Instead, we get to watch bright lights. Damn, that's awesome.

0DmKzkY.png

Still more troops there than I like, but as long as we stay away from the tank's reach...

whiPBYi.pngosO0dCx.png

Only one fight this enemy phase, and we won.

blbYETr.png23kbMr5.png

Got a lot of heat on its way, though.

IINRq1U.pngLplqWk6.pngd5Jt3sP.png

Finish what you started, Kreiss. Garo, you wound the second Knight.

Qy1kesR.pngSjqdm8H.png

Meal heals Juliattisnacordst up, and... wait, what? What's up with that pose? Juliattisnacordst! She's healing you! Why are you trying to pick a fight with her?

gWhEjQp.png

Anyhow, that'll be all.

g1BZiUR.png

Grumble grumble...

SXHBToa.png48wmITt.png

Hah! Outclassed!

imizWqP.png9mbOKZu.pngfx7ndx4.png

Not so outclassed, but still very outclassed.

54Mdmrs.png

Oh, dear. They're all going to commit suicide via Garo, aren't they? What a shame. Still, we get to see ranged crits. It's nothing special, he didn't even a single, tiny sparkle, and his animation didn't change. It happens with all ranged weapons that aren't bows. Yes, even magic, but that's all right, TRS magic's impressive enough as is.

l23wVkW.png3rZvglB.png49l0Vll.png

Case in point. Look at that, it's just an insignificant tiny little fire spell, and yet the world turns red as if he just unleashed Hell itself upon Garo!

4nSXrf8.pngqEBFw5j.png

Hell missed, by the way.

fGbEpDw.pnga42mFNE.png

As did one of these idiots, and the other one was crippled, so...

d3YfL7x.png46p5FUL.png

Kreissvel! Let it be a good one, like the others.

VA9XBUa.png

Gaaahhh oh well. He's still good.

JDPBz4e.png

Hmm... I wonder if, with a crit, she could...

Zstsx0U.pngKb1FSmw.png

Awesome!

81nixl1.pngjM8hI8d.pngEegjNUw.png

...not so awesome.

a68AdDk.pngyNd6r4i.png

There. Garo does it. As usual.

f1umEnH.png

Nice! Very nice! More strength for the pile, HP's always handy, and that luck will make me have fewer heart attacks in the future. Thank you for your cooperation, Garo!

OmGDON6.png

Have a heal for your troubles. A heal from the Paces a-Hundred, Yet Still I Cure.

sorVYnw.png

Oh, please. You know how in FE games healers are extraordinarily easy to kill? Well... not so much here, since they're speedy little fuckers who'll flee if you give them the chance and cannot be doubled by anyone ever. Annoying little pests...

6Nzwbxg.png

And no, I didn't luck out and get yet another crit. Arkis just poked his staff a little.

6UlhCoL.png9EFjoPR.png

Why does my Jeigan who refuses to kill keep on getting all the crits?

15eiPAq.png

At least it's yielding some very tasty fruits. Aw, yeah, 20 HP for the princess. She hasn't even gotten her pegasus yet, and she's already shaping into a capable fighter.

x0JIirw.pngWemZORZ.png

We have broken through. Norton won't even be able to reach us in order to begin the pincer attack, at this rate!

62Wk9BZ.png

Sick moves, Lee, sick moves.

qV6olnB.png

Norton... I have no idea what Norton's doing. He's going south, as if he was going to cross the river, but he can't cross the river! He can't even move through that little patch of frontier in front of the run! What's the big idea?

5SoPlER.png

While moving forward, I chanced upon this and remembered that, as a matter of fact, this conversation was a thing I knew existed! Let's take a look.

xtVzGvU.png

nsbm6hd.pngMaruj... It's... been a while.

0zFk3fj.png Oh, dear, and she left the temple to fuck Roger... this isn't going to end well, is it? There's also the fact that due to my shenanigans, there's a huge guy just kinda sitting behind her looking around frantically.

tswrvWm.pngWhy haven't you come back to visit us at the temple? Mother has been worried sick about you!

nsbm6hd.pngMaruj, did Mother not tell you anything about why I left?

tswrvWm.pngI think everyone's fine with you and Roger.

0zFk3fj.png Notice the detail that he hasn't answered her question. I have a feeling that, much like with Guenchaos, Mommy Syphilis told him jack shit and he had to do detective work to get a grasp of the exact situation. He managed to do it because he's incredibly competent for an angsty 10 year old.

dWLeNSC.png

nsbm6hd.pngDid he really say that, Maruj?

xQunKTk.png Yeah, right? I can't believe it either! So he wasn't such a stuck-up imbecile after all! Eisenbach, I'm sorry for making fun of you so much. You didn't deserve to be compared to the likes of Lord Gotoh Inconvenience the Pompous.

tswrvWm.pngYep. I can tell you all you want, but it'll have to wait till later. For now, you should stay back.

nsbm6hd.pngRight. Thank you, Maruj.

kEQsGP6.pngzFkDQMl.pngKxAScyL.png

Great. Now, let's keep the onslaught going. Sadly, this guy is proving to be an effective roadblock.

g2rsOHL.png

Arkis, you useless arabian anthropithecus! Bath-tub admiral! Blackamoor! Dunderheaded coconut!

IUo4aIl.png

Well, then. Patience is the mother of science, after all. Let's heal up and wait.

ekDcSWt.png

Terrible, Enteh, terrible.

D2XIyND.pngIHULzjz.png

Look at your feet! What's that? It's a sword in your face!

Ergh... is it just me, or is her left foot facing the wrong way? I can't unsee it now. Her foot's all twisted! Did noone ever treat her sprained ankle from all the way back in chapter 1?! Someone call a doctor! And I've been having her fight all this time... eh... if she managed until now, I'm sure she can manage for another fight or two. Then she'll never have to use her feet again! She'll have a white beast at her disposal to do it for her!

EUa7fV1.png

Such a shame, the Knight's going to get healed.

7V2ht6S.png

Yep.

...honestly, though, this could be bad. Julia's in range of a Bowman and the Knight, and her defense isn't exaclty stellar. I'm expecting she'll dodge, but you never know with the RNGoddess...

eaJyBsb.png

wat

Why did he move there? He didn't even attack Garo or anything, he just sort of jumped in front of Julia to protect her! Maybe he's in love. Well, if he's hoping for some booty, I'm afraid he's got another thing coming.

IVyMmBx.png

The fact that Norton's managed to get himself to fall behind his troops so badly is nothing short of hilarious. And he still has to border around the rocks he can't walk on! Pathetic, Norton, absolutely pathetic!

x2UWoGY.pngMLcPt1n.png

The Knight, unlike his fellow Bowman, does attack Julia, but he fails miserably.

C6o2iPA.pngPJATvqs.png

I even had Arkis kill him, that's how little I thought of him!

om7rCNb.png

Thank you for selflessly protecting Julia from harm, my man. Here's your reward: getting killed by her. If you're kinky enough, you might even enjoy it!

9pNU9nq.png

It's been a while since I last gave Runan kills. Let's remedy that. I wouldn't want to have a repeat of my Marth from the FE12 LP.

j7yG1ue.png

Hmmm... you know what? Let's have Sasha face this one on her own.

VYm3O4i.pngpqsnP8N.png

Great! Very, very good. I like it.

w73IDqR.png

This may've seemed completely pointless, and from a tactical viewpoint it was, but the more experience, the better, am I right? Unlike in mainline FE games, you don't need to hit in order to gain experience from a battle, so that'll be a nice little snippet of exp for the best Jeigan.

M8zMLsP.png

Another talk. This time, it's Runan and Mel.

HRNDvVG.png

tN4k68u.pngIndeed, I am. And you are?

nsbm6hd.pngMy name is Mel. I was rescued from Codha's clutches by a man named Narcus.

tN4k68u.pngNarcus did that? Huh... Where is he now?

nsbm6hd.pngWell, err...

v76JxUD.png

0zFk3fj.png Dude, he did what you asked him to! Well, uh, one of the many things you asked him to do, at least.

nsbm6hd.pngYes, well... He told me Queen Liza is safe. She is being held prisoner in her private quarters by Codha, but she is currently unharmed. She also sends her respects to you, Count Marlon.

udhbDDy.png

xQunKTk.png They really aren't very consistent with who follows the lord in this game, are they? First Eugen runs off to follow Sasha around, now Runan's got two old men tailing him on the battlefield... can you imagine how awkward it must be, having these two level 20+ prepromotes just chilling behind you while you do all the dirty work?

nsbm6hd.pngThank you, Count Marlon. By the way, if I could ask a favor...

LRWwhwO.pngI already understand, Lady Mel. Roger is a precious treasure of Wellt. I promise we will break the chains that shackle him in unwilling servitude.

xQunKTk.png Good line. I like it.

kzwsNpd.png

26WFBes.png0DRGyG0.png

dxd4ZBm.png3Ex69TC.png

U499LnS.png

Norton's taking so long to arrive, I think I might even have time to get Sasha to the bridge before he makes it across. Perhaps I'll try to see if I could feed the minibosskill to her.

yeWdF8u.png

Yeah, he's going to take a thousand years, at the very least. His troops will be on top of us in two turns tops, though.

33uBqSg.png

...what in the world are they doing? What is going on?! Why are they retreating, I haven't had the time to hurt them yet!

3D0ECOI.png

And that guy's escaping! What's wrong with these people!? Stop dilly-dallying and fight like men!

cH871v7.png

Ah, at last! A brave warrior, worthy of our time. Shame your boss is slow as molasses and dumb as a mule, and the rest of your pals aren't much better.

vLIFLTQ.pngFtwqnFR.png

I am officially confused.

B10pgkz.pngmvsg7zU.pngnorea0x.png

Fighting. Fighting I can understand. Levels, too.

eCOO6LF.png

Julia, could you kindly suck less? Thanks.

394Ljdf.png

Where are they going?! They're going the completely opposite way! Not Norton, Norton's still heading for the bridge, he just isn't very good at that whole walking thing.

RlBSR3o.pngfqvXzGM.png

While Arkis almost falls off his horse, I devise a great plan: luring the enemy in with a defenseless healer. That is sure to work, right?

OlhhMWX.png

omxHvUs.png

...I think... I think I get it now. They're trying to be all strategic, and get us from behind by crossing the river.

I don't know if this is the best or the worst AI ever. Blistering fucking barnacles...

FsQqFNj.png

Kill for the Arkis!

TsDm79c.png

Awesome! That's very good! Strength, enough mastery for the javelin, HP... these are all things he needs, sans defense. Congratulations, Arkis, you don't suck so much!

FEB3XG2.pngzCwOWtl.png

Before I forget, let's get Sasha her promotion. If you were paying enough attention, you might've noticed she wasn't carrying a flute of any sort: that's because, in order to obtain it as an item, she needs to talk to Sasha in this chapter. If we kill Dommes without having them talk, Mel forgets about the flute and Sasha's screwed. So let's not do that, and do this instead.

9oooiLA.png

Qd8087b.pngThis is my mother's pegasus flute! But where did you get it?

fxc9yZO.png

0zFk3fj.png Y'know, Mel, I hate to be the one to break it to ya, but uh... telling her that a thief gave it to you isn't the most reassuring explanation in the world.

nsbm6hd.pngThat flute...It will call wild pegasi to you, right? I've heard about them before.

Qd8087b.pngThank you, Mel. I'm overjoyed. I've always wanted to become a Pegasus Knight like my mother was...

LPkkWWV.png

Perfect. Now she may unlock her true potential.

pTfWzuz.pngdZohFsZ.png1Wg2cZP.png

Look at that! It looks like a comedy show! They're crossing the river in a straight line! I can even imagine the Three Stooges-esque arguments!

O3ZgKwF.png

Well, then. No sense in doing anything other than to wait for them to get their plans in order.

skwa9S0.png

tkIeEIh.pngHey, hey! You idiot! You're making me lose my footing! Watch where you step!

yDiAina.png...whose idea was this, again? We're never going to make it to the enemy at this rate!

Qvtd9oy.pngC'mon, guys, stop arguing... it may look like a dumb idea now, but when we catch them off-guard, we'll get the last laugh!

tkIeEIh.pngAssuming we catch them at all!

oAv6Xyr.pngCome now! Don't be such weaklings! Chancellor Codha is counting on us to subdue the rebels, and that's what we're going to do! I, Lieutenant Brigadier Berlin, will march on, regardless of the obstacles that I may encounter!

idflJRP.png

Qvtd9oy.pngUhh... guys, isn't that Corporal Norton on the bridge? Shouldn't we be with him...? Or should he be with us?

yDiAina.pngAll I know is he'll get to fight while we hone our swimming skills with armor and weapons on us. Just great. Thanks, Berlin. You're just great, you know that?

oAv6Xyr.pngIs this dissent I detect in your voice?! I am the designated leader of this division, and my orders shall be followed! Do you understand me, runts?!

yDiAina.pngSigh... yes, of course, Lieutenant.

EggSKdk.png

Let's move back a bit, and see if I can actually get Sasha the kill after all. I don't really think so, but it doesn't hurt to try.

EAJUbdq.png

tkIeEIh.pngHey, you! Looks like we're gonna get wet again! Well, I'm having none of it! How about we go back the way we came and face them like we should've from the first place?

yDiAina.pngSure, I'm in. I can't stand this guy, anyway.

Qvtd9oy.pngU-uh... you know you'll get in trouble for that, right...?

tkIeEIh.pngWe aren't asking you to come along! You can enjoy the Lieutenant's company all on your own! C'mon, let's go before he stops monologing and notices us...

oAv6Xyr.png...and for our honor as knights-- nay, for our honor as men of Wellt, we shall fight, to prevent these filthy traitors from besmirching the good name of our nation! Alas...

tfTyqj6.png

I... with every passing turn, I understand these guys less and less. I wish I knew what's going on in their heads, exactly.

oAv6Xyr.png...and thus, we shall stand erect and true! We battle, not for ourselves, but for our homel-- wait, where in the world is everybody!?

Qvtd9oy.pngEr... they went that way, Sir...

oAv6Xyr.pngErgh... let them go, I say! You, my man, are a true knight! When we emerge victorious, you, and only you, shall be the one to enjoy the fruits of our victory! Now come, and let us march forth, my good friend! Only one more patch of water stands in the way of glory! Veni, vidi, vici, as they say! After we are done here, and I become the new Brigadier, you shall be my Lieutenant! Mark my words, my friend! Mark them well!

Qvtd9oy.pngYeah... y-yeah, okay... f-for Wellt!

wjqoWMv.png

Lesse, Lee completely destroys him, as expected.

V8B6AV5.png

That'll be a better idea. Even if she crits, he won't die.

Ew6sXG3.pngQx5o6pY.png

Oh, believe me, you'll wish you'd stayed there.

R67DYHx.pngVNnfXH8.pngFw5XUPa.png

Here's something you didn't know: for some classes, but not all of them (like crits, it doesn't seem to affect ranged attacks other than bows), Adept has this cool effect. It looks great.

5jMQCbF.png

Speaking of great things, this level. Nice!

P2S8Nj6.png

Very well, let's give this a shot.

qmu6NXd.png

Ah, what a shame. She can't kill him, and even if she could, I wouldn't risk that nasty 58% chance of instadeath.

...wait... was that a graphical glitch, or... hold on, hold on, back up a little.

NyqTTa3.png

Talk?

nZiXlGg.png

The menu says nothing about talking to that guy!

Qu8BOIt.png

Well, sure. Why not! Let's give it a try. What could possibly go wrong!

TvA5DgL.png

U8ZKzY4.pngI am not a child! Can't you see the sword in my hand?

O93jT9f.pngWhoa, be careful with that! Even if it's just a practice sword, you still shouldn't be playing with it! C'mon, miss, just go on home. I can even have a couple of my men escort you back home if you want.

0zFk3fj.png You lost your men ages ago!

O93jT9f.pngWhere do you live?

F5klSAS.png

O93jT9f.pngThe Palace? Look here, missy, you shouldn't joke around about things like that.

0zFk3fj.png He's ugly as sin, and definitely didn't seem like anything but a throwaway, but... huh. He doesn't seem to be such a bad guy.

Qd8087b.pngIt's true. If you are a knight of Wellt, then surely you must recognize this emblem here.

hTMofYU.png Is it the FIYA EMBUREM?!

zHV6p0k.png

Qd8087b.pngCorrect. And you are?

O93jT9f.pngN-Norton, your Highness! Corporal Norton of the castle guard!

Qd8087b.pngCorporal Norton, are you a soldier serving the royal family, or are you one of Codha's personal troops?

O93jT9f.pngMy loyalty lies with the royal family, your Highness!

Qd8087b.pngThen why are you fighting against your liege by opposing Count Marlon? His is the true Wellt Army.

aO29yy9.png

Qd8087b.pngIn that case, will you fight alongside us, Sir Norton? Our enemy is the usurper, Chancellor Codha. Please join our Liberation Army to fight for the people of Wellt.

O93jT9f.pngOf course, your Highness!

XeGjvpV.png

Did he... did he really join us?

D9cK0Pi.png87HH4fh.png

Well, I can control him and have him trade and use items, so I guess so...? Okay, give me a moment, let me go back for a sec... where's the statsheet... ah, here we go.

fktLSX2.png

So, uh... Norton! Does he have growths?

HP 75% - Strength 40% - Skill 30% - Speed 25% - Defense 25% - Magic 0% - Luck 15% - Mastery 20%

He does! So, Norton. Norton's a baffling unit. For starters, there is but one hint that he's recruitable, that being the fact that, despite looking and behaving like a throwaway miniboss, he has a nickname. But other than that? He's throwawayly ugly, throwawayly bland until Sasha gets him talking more, throwawayly unremarkable statwise, his class is also very throwawayish... hell, the game went out of its way to defy its own rules and omitted the support menu "talk to" hint! This is the only instance where that happens! Most people wouldn't even try to have Sasha attack him because of his high defense and her low strength! Kaga hates Norton so much, he does everything in his power to ensure you don't try recruiting him... and then he lets you recruit him! What even could I possibly use a throwaway boss for?

Well... here's the kicker: he's the only Great Knight available to the player. Yep, those exist in TRS, and exactly one is playable, and that's this guy after he promotes. It's not such a big deal: he'll basically just be a General with 6 move after promoting. No axes or anything like that, he's stuck with swords forever, which isn't the worst position to be in, but with no magic to his name, he's basically got no ranged options, but the fact that he's actually unique is marvelous. Indoors, he goes back to having 3 move, but not to worry: Urbanite ensures he gets to at least match the 4 move normal Generals get in half the game's indoor maps, and if you get him Frontiersman, he'll get 4 move in the rest of them. Wrath is perfect in a unit like him, as his high defense allows you to control how much damage he receives and throw him into the fray to hit people critically left and right without worrying too much about his well-being. As well, if he promotes before level 12, he learns Pavise, which can also come in handy (he does learn it if you promote him later, but he does so at a higher level). Due to this and the fact that he desperately needs more movement, he's a good candidate for the first Knight's Crest, if you're as crazy as me and want to use Knights. As for his raw stats, before long, he'll have a pile of strength and HP, and while his defense growth is oddly low (it matches his speed growth, what's up with that?), thanks to his high base, he'll be quite durable too.

All in all, I really like Norton. I'd even go as far as to call him one of my personal favourites, just because of how bizarre he is. Seriously! Those of you who are experiencing the game first-hand in this thread, please tell me: did the thought of this guy being recruitable even cross your mind at any point? Because I'd bet my stash of imaginary cookies that it never did. This guy's hilarious.

W2abkHv.png

tkIeEIh.pngGrr... this is the last time I'm touching water this year!

yDiAina.pngPwagh! Don't get close to me, you filthy pig!

tkIeEIh.pngWhat, dandy-boy can't handle a little manly scent?

yDiAina.pngLet's just go before I decide to throw you into the river.

aUAyWuU.png

Cowardly fool... I will catch you!

S6w35wC.pnggYfmqYJ.pngd27F9fm.png

He tries to escape inside Dommes's range, but he just barely couldn't make it. A shame, but this goose chase is over.

4LgIAi3.png

Qvtd9oy.pngF-FOR THE GLORY OF WELLT!!

A-Ahhh! Where did he... oh, Ruben, you fucking moron! I completely forgot about these two!

OdEw1u0.png

tkIeEIh.pngWhat's going on down there!?

yDiAina.pngBlast! Blast it all to hell, Berlin and the other dumbass made it before we did!

tkIeEIh.pngWhat?! No way! C'mon, hurry! If the battle ends before we can get involved, you can be sure we'll be court-martialled for insubordination!

yDiAina.pngI know that, idiot! Run!

O9PbS8m.pngjd7ACaz.png

There, it's a kill for Maruj.

Qvtd9oy.pngG-GWAAAAHHH... N-no... I was... I hoped to see my family one last time, at least, but... seems like I won't...

7spmIFg.png

oAv6Xyr.pngYou shall not lay another hand on this great man!

Qvtd9oy.pngL-L-Lieutenant...? N-No! If I don't fight to the death... my family will...

oAv6Xyr.pngI understand... I truly do. I, too, have a family...

Qvtd9oy.pngLieutenant...! You, as well?!

oAv6Xyr.pngPlease, just flee! If you escape swiftly and unnoticed, Codha will believe that you fell with the rest of us!

VZNyJUs.png

oAv6Xyr.pngA-Aaargh! Go... go already! If I can die knowing I did... more with my life than to serve such treacherous scum like Codha... I will be able to go without regrets! Make... make me proud in my last moments, soldier! LIVE!!

Qvtd9oy.pngLieutenant... I'll make sure both our families make it out of this mess alive. I swear it upon my honor...!

oAv6Xyr.pngThank you... thank you tru--

98FZTdv.png

oAv6Xyr.png--YYYAAAAAAAAARGH...! Urgh...

Qvtd9oy.pngA-Ah! Lieutenant!

iacwT5E.png

Maruj! No!

v4A6j7m.png

A job, uh, let's say "well done", we celebrate with some healer healing.

XTQxtRH.png

I'm fine with this.

fbxJbMu.png

As for this guy, his end has come at last! Dang, was he a slippery little rat.

×cuBE14z.png

Sasha will face them on her own.

yDiAina.pngHah! One girl?! Down with you!

dHtmqHx.png

yDiAina.pngInsolent whelp! You dare dodge a shot from the great marksman that I am? You will live to regret it!

For great profit, as this sick dodge has earned her...

AimGBYY.png

...hot damn! A thousand cheers for this girl, she's amazing! How do I look forward to the day she gets a flying mount on top of her great levels!

20rqvNF.png

Lee took a lance to the clit, so let's have Lee do something about it with his staff.

...I should probably rephrase that, but I won't because I am lazy.

HCL1b76.pngFIz6Kyk.png

yDiAina.pngAck! Why, you... you bastard! Help me out here!

tkIeEIh.pngYou're on your own, I don't give a damn!

yDiAina.pngCrud...!

Now, let's see... since Sasha has gotten her level, I'd like to give one of these kills to Runan and another one to Kate. Yeah, that should do, I think.

JRLORZb.pngs9x0yf9.pngQ9NM3AE.png

yDiAina.pngNo! You asshole, help me! Help me! I WILL NOT DIE LIKE THIS!!

Since I don't think we have, let's take a look at Kate's standard bow animation: she produces an arrow out of her cape and fires.

op94aNf.png

yDiAina.pngUrgh... gaaaah! Is... is this the end I deserve...? No way... I'm not a bad guy, am I...?

h2dsbpR.png

Nice! Very good, yes, great! I like it! These are all stats she could use. Thanks, Kate! Remember I believe in you.

ViVsXNz.pngzAYpv7p.png

With that, the rest of the team advances towards Dommes and his cohort, while Runan and Kate stay behind to deal with the last Bowman.

kWiQiIb.png

tkIeEIh.pngH-Hah...! NO!! I missed! How could I miss?! N-noo.... I don't wanna dieeeeeeEEEEE!!!

2bSS4J6.pngdFvMNfi.png

OH MY GOD SOMEONE CUT RUNAN'S FOOT OFF, SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!

tkIeEIh.pngNo! Noooo! I sudenrrer! I durrenser! I-I-I-I--

ZgfArzX.png

Doesn't seem to be bothering him, though. 10 speed? Not too shabby, not at all!

tkIeEIh.pngGwwoohhhh... ! Gghh... gh... gnohw... hrk... I regret everything...!

snSDzRY.png

Oh, and he dropped his bow. Well, it's a free weapon. No complaints here!

omvJQIs.png

Both the boss and his partner move, but since the Knight is closer, we can easily lure him closer without aggroing Dommes by placing someone in this tile here.

x9RxOkk.pngJ90kdKW.pngmWD43NY.png

He took four damage, but I thought taking this shot of Norton with his sword ready was a lot more important than taking a shot of the actual damage.

pH1G1s7.pngjriab3X.png

He's almost down. Just like so!

WXomjVa.png

He's almost down. Let's see... perhaps I could give his kill to Mel, just for shits and giggles.

Wait... talk? Again?

SYHKMUi.png

s81wQ4p.png2mMvg0y.png

vRSuyI3.png4CGVeQY.png

DptGv9J.pngGpRepKK.png

5dcLfMg.png

zyYCoxa.png2G17Cda.png

IcPDUlz.png

Ruuht08.pngxeMG2eN.png

NgHcaxK.png

iAikXZw.pngE71zzyX.pngctbG3FP.png

PfeRP5q.png

fjAApqR.pngNUF6qJl.png

d93cPlP.png

Well, that was something, all right.

4bWZVjB.png

Juliattisnacordst, that's great! Speed's good for an axeman. I like it.

FowsUzE.png

Just like that, we're about done.

LOFFEoY.png

Dommes is actually pretty damn strong. Not only is his defense through the roof, he's got a ton of attack thanks to his high strength and his good weapon, enough speed that doubling him isn't that easy (at least with weapons that can actually harm him), and he's got enough crit to make me worry. Still, his lack of range will be his undoing: even without Lee, Maruj will be able to do quite a number on him with Wundergust and wind both.

29dQPKQ.png00UAysm.png

However, I think I'll have Norton draw him closer to us first. I heal him up completely and then let him borrow Sasha's leather shield. The reason I do this is that he faces an 8% crit chance against Dommes, and I know the RNGoddess, she's a cruel mistress. 25 x 2 = 50, but now that Norton has 16 defense and is fully healed, 50 -16 = 34, and Norton has 34 HP.

Yes, I am completely dumb, why?

3nulr31.png7kDywPr.png

But still, things didn't get messy thanks to one little detail I'd forgotten about.

sDw2IfS.png

Sasha supports Norton, and that 5% less crit makes all the difference. He can still get hit critically, mind you, but it's that much less likely.

IWdzLso.png9xpIJMA.png

Still, can I just say I'm dumb? Because I'm dumb. Also, is it just me or do Generals in this game look incredibly fancy? It's almost like they made this sprite for something like the Baron class from the Jugdral games, and then just gave it to General when they decided not to include the Baron class!

aSh2wMI.pngkLkniLK.pnglZoWeHX.png

Also, Norton nailed a crit, so we get to witness his Half-Moon attack as he utterly destroys Dommes. That's my Norton! I actually don't know if Wrath's crit increase applies the moment the unit takes damage or if it stays as it was at the beginning of the battle and is increased after it's over. I have a feeling it's the latter, but can anyone confirm it for me? Brightbow?

KGynShg.png

And thus, with some tenderizing from Raquel...

yEob7Zk.pngFLlcHzi.png

The mighty wind blows Dommes's life away!

olWQrRx.pngmadwK95.png

As a matter of fact, the only actual soldier who fought you was initially one of your own. The others were mages and a hunter.

VELoEOC.png

HP's all right, but where's the magic?

Well, whatever the case, that'll be all for today. Quite the long update, but I suppose that's how you guys like 'em, hm? I hope you enjoyed, don't forget to subscribe, follow, share with your friends and relatives, water your plants, take your dog out for a walk and that the sky is blue, but most importantly, to fare well until the next update!

Death count: --

Reset count: 0

Arkis, you useless arabian anthropithecus! Bath-tub admiral! Blackamoor! Dunderheaded coconut!

How dare you...even forgetting...who saved you...you...useless tactician!

Awesome! That's very good! Strength, enough mastery for the javelin, HP... these are all things he needs, sans defense. Congratulations, Arkis, you don't suck so much!

See, Arkis is great, he has had more character development in the story so far than Runan has had, so yeah.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's just another Camilla alt, nothing to see here. They just fucked up and colored her hair green. I'M NOT BITTER, I'M NOT BITTER AT ALL...! THEY JUST COMPLETELY BUTCHERED THE GREAT DESIGN OF ONE OF MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS, THAT'S ALL!

You know what? If this is the price to pay to get into Heroes, I think I'm okay with Arran not being in. Or Frost, or Matthis, or Frey, or Malice, or Knoll, or the Sabre Knights, or Dougy, or Eugen, or Cec-- never mind, she's in, and SHE'S FUCKING RUINED! WHY DID THEY TURN HER INTO CAMILLA!? WHYYYYY!?!?!!? SHE DOES NOT HAVE THOSE BOOBS IN FE6! I'm overreacting, am I. I should just fap and be done with it. Urgghh... I just can't. Sorry.

Well, I see that someone wanting to cut loose doesn't sit will with you.It's not like her design's bad, it's just the fanservice isn't it?

Prude. I mean, I can't pretend like I hadn't noticed, but she's a free unit and I'll take it.

Orcas? Oh, God, I can imagine what that may be about...

Look into it.

This and Ippei's Arden meme work are just stellar. (Oh yeah, he also did Arden. And Garon. And Walhart. He got a lot of meme characters actually. And Walhart.) Aside from that he's done some other characters like Dorothy as well, Ippei's a fan favourite even if he wasn't best artist as chosen by the subreddit..

You're going to be shitting these out throughout the LP? Not complaining, just curious as to whether you're as insane as I or not.

Well considering you're taking the time to make these edits might as well do something back.

He would've gotten away with it, but what about the off-screen family?

Honestly, Codha wouldn't be there to give the order and most of those who would have followed it are also dead at this point, so Roger was probably good.

Actually, with the way Codha is, his family's likely still alive, and that's why he continues to serve. I don't think he'd get away with murdering his servants' families out of nowhere, people really don't like him.

I mean, once he hears what that Morgan did. He's willing to take families hostage and put them to the sword, Codha seems like he'd do that to Guilt!Morgan's family if he got the chance.

That whole dialogue is partly based on real life experiences. Ever since I started growing that beard, my parents, my family, my friends and my classmates keep telling me I look like a jihadist. It's not funny. Stop laughing.

I was more thinking along the lines of Der Fuhrer, but eh what do I know?

How dare you?! I demand that you shrink at once!

Never!

I'm only a few centimetres taller anyway (between 192 and 193, or about an inch taller for imperial units).

Wys, I don't know. Wrys, I don't know either!

Whoops.

One thing about your Ruben sprite is that the long cloak has no armholes so it looks like he's wearing a dress. 

You just had to be a dick, didn't you? Well, I'll have you know, it just has wide sleeves!

I'll be honest, I though that the cape just wrapped around the arms.

oZPNzyV.png

Dommes has exactly one bodyguard: this Armor Knight. He's very weak, and he won't move from Dommes's side unless someone's within his attack range. Sure, it just means he'll take longer to die.

Poor Doomguy's cousin, forced to fight with just a sword.

Doomguy would be pissed.

0zFk3fj.png Eugen is not "an old man", he's "an old man who is far greater than me", "me" being you! Uh, and me.

"You whippersnapper!"

llbcfuJ.png

Colorful reinforcements? That can only mean one thing...

A really nice new sprite for Ruben?

I actually like it more, the extra colour isn't quite fitting but the higher saturation on character sprites would have been to the game's benefit imo, it feels like I'm looking at SD with this map artwork.

1D5z9rl.png

Okay, I'm loving that swing.

Are we sure he doesn't have magic? Garo the Spell Pirate sounds like a character I'd watch.

4nSXrf8.pngqEBFw5j.png

Hell missed, by the way.

Guy nearby: "How could you miss, he was three feet in front of you?"

tswrvWm.pngI think everyone's fine with you and Roger.

0zFk3fj.png Notice the detail that he hasn't answered her question. I have a feeling that, much like with Guenchaos, Mommy Syphilis told him jack shit and he had to do detective work to get a grasp of the exact situation. He managed to do it because he's incredibly competent for an angsty 10 year old.

Maruj is that one kid whose parents try to avoid telling anything and he still learns about it anyway.

He's at least good at information gathering. Maybe he'd get spy work?

dWLeNSC.png

nsbm6hd.pngDid he really say that, Maruj?

xQunKTk.png Yeah, right? I can't believe it either! So he wasn't such a stuck-up imbecile after all! Eisenbach, I'm sorry for making fun of you so much. You didn't deserve to be compared to the likes of Lord Gotoh Inconvenience the Pompous.

So Eisenbach approved of the elopement.

I assume now that Eisenbach was telling him all this stuff as he got Wundergust ready for Maruj.

ekDcSWt.png

Terrible, Enteh, terrible.

Reinhardt objects.

w73IDqR.png

This may've seemed completely pointless, and from a tactical viewpoint it was, but the more experience, the better, am I right? Unlike in mainline FE games, you don't need to hit in order to gain experience from a battle, so that'll be a nice little snippet of exp for the best Jeigan.

That is actually broken. I'm not so sure she isn't above Brigged.

TsDm79c.png

Well, Speed would have been nice too but hey he got one of the big three and some others.

nsbm6hd.pngThat flute...It will call wild pegasi to you, right? I've heard about them before.

Qd8087b.pngThank you, Mel. I'm overjoyed. I've always wanted to become a Pegasus Knight like my mother was...

So wait, Sasha knew her mother was a pegasus knight.

I think that means Wellt just doesn't care for flying units. Maybe that explains all the playable archers.

oAv6Xyr.pngErgh... let them go, I say! You, my man, are a true knight! When we emerge victorious, you, and only you, shall be the one to enjoy the fruits of our victory! Now come, and let us march forth, my good friend! Only one more patch of water stands in the way of glory! Veni, vidi, vici, as they say! After we are done here, and I become the new Brigadier, you shall be my Lieutenant! Mark my words, my friend! Mark them well!

Qvtd9oy.pngYeah... y-yeah, okay... f-for Wellt!

Well, the Brigadier is a pretty convincing guy actually. Shame what happens to him.

O93jT9f.pngMy loyalty lies with the royal family, your Highness!

Qd8087b.pngThen why are you fighting against your liege by opposing Count Marlon? His is the true Wellt Army.

aO29yy9.png

He's like a less horny Roger.

No, not The Roger.

All in all, I really like Norton. I'd even go as far as to call him one of my personal favourites, just because of how bizarre he is. Seriously! Those of you who are experiencing the game first-hand in this thread, please tell me: did the thought of this guy being recruitable even cross your mind at any point? Because I'd bet my stash of imaginary cookies that it never did. This guy's hilarious.

It didn't.

I might not think he'd be all that good, but he could be worth deploying over the cavs.

AimGBYY.png

...hot damn! A thousand cheers for this girl, she's amazing! How do I look forward to the day she gets a flying mount on top of her great levels!

It's defence at least alongside some others.

Not amazing but it's not nothing either.

ZgfArzX.png

Doesn't seem to be bothering him, though. 10 speed? Not too shabby, not at all!

Hey, Runan got speed! Use him more if he's going to bother levelling stuff.

WXomjVa.png

He's almost down. Let's see... perhaps I could give his kill to Mel, just for shits and giggles.

Wait... talk? Again?

.....How far did you go with this?

4CGVeQY.png

Ruben: Tripping over a world too small for him.

Edited by Dayni

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, it was a very central part of the final stretch of the LP, but I imagine the tears made it hard to see the screen.

Too soon? Too soon. I'm sorry.

I mean I liked the clone reveal and that was quite a ways after what got me the worst in that LP (which I need no reminders of please), I'd just straight forgotten Martel was the name of the one. Clearly this just means I need to hack Martel somewhere into green...

For shame, you were Jeigan! Your job was to feed kills to inexperienced noobs so, in time, they may surpass you! Next time, try to properly get into the character.

I'll keep that in mind if I ever play again!

And yet you still ask me to use Roger two lines below. Heh, oh well...

Yeah I'm asking for trouble.

"The miracle never happen", anyone?

Had to look this one up!

I need a HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHeb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkkXCdxD24g

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's a move growth!

Ooh movement growth! Didn't think that was gonna be a thing in this game. Is she the only one with one or does anybody else in the game get it?

Hd0NcUC.png

For some reason when I saw this image, I thought the axe was spinning like a chain saw or something.

81nixl1.png

I do really like the weapon trails on these animations.

Nice! Very nice! More strength for the pile, HP's always handy, and that luck will make me have fewer heart attacks in the future. Thank you for your cooperation, Garo!

Sweeeet!

VNnfXH8.png

Yeah the arrow looks like it's flying towards Raquel, not away from her.

I feel like you just have to use him now. So how much fun was it trash talking his outfit to those of us new to this who didn't know he was playable?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Are we sure he doesn't have magic? Garo the Spell Pirate sounds like a character I'd watch.

I'd pay for that.

So does Sasha get promotion bonuses coming out of her trainee class?

So... I just got all four of my wisdom teeth pulled today.  While better than I was earlier today, I'm still a little loopy. With hope, this should make this interesting.

That makes sense, and I can't really think of that many shapes that would work so well, honestly. Really, what the game would really benefit from is more islands, more mechs, more enemy units, etc. Again, it's solid as it is, but more would in this case be better.

Lets see, FTL: Advanced Edition was released... about a year and a half after FTL: Faster Than Light. I'm expecting them to pull the same thing in that amount of time.

Soooooo I really am the only one who hasn't ever heard of Chris Avellone, am I?

Don't blame you. All I knew at first was that he was the guest writer for FTL: Advanced Edition. Then I noticed the new events, and thought they were pretty good.

Then I played Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, and thought that it was a very thought provoking analysis of the Star Wars universe. I was so impressed and intrigued that I looked at who wrote it... and it was Chris Avellone. So I researched the guy a little.

Apparently, he's responsible for writing what are mostly considered the best video game stories ever made.

Needless to say, my reaction to FTL: Advanced Edition went from "Huh, they have a guest writer? Cool." to "Holy Crap! They got Chris Avellone?!?" It does explain quite a few of the addend events in hindsight.

They're terrible here, too, but to be fair, there are only, like, three of them, and there's only one that I find completely unbearable. But damn, does that one map make up for the rest... suffice to say, remember that one exception to the "no warpskipping" rule? Yeah, it's a swamp map.

In that case, I blame you not at all for warpskipping that level. Seriously, why didn't anyone think of adding bridges to those levels when making Echoes?

Neato. I'll check that out.

Yeah, I basically wrote who died, which pairings I made, some random things I noticed when replaying the game, and several thoughts on the difficulty of the game and what it did right, what it could improve, etc.

Now that I think about it, it might not be  bad place to get an idea of what Awakening is like. It certainly handled ironmanning better than I originally thought, even if my objective problems about it do still stand, and I can see why people enjoy playing the games like that.

Ah, I see. Phew.

Whoops. Forgot to finish the sentence again. What I was going to say was that the story mode has an odd way of easing a player into how to recruit soldiers, how to own a fleet, what being a noble is like, etc. and then throws them into hard as nails levels that take a lot of time and resources to even come close to beating. Apparently, the hardest mission in the games is having to defend a city during a series of sieges. That... does not sound like fun.

I lost it when they started singing.

I think I actually spent some time just listening to the music before forgetting that there was a game there. What is it with the Mount & Blade developers finding the best people to sing/play free domain songs? I've brought it up before, but the soundtrack for Napoleonic Wars is phenomenal.

You mean person.

If it means anything, the moment I actually tried the game against the AI, it kicked my butt. I guess we both sucked at the game, only I sucked less and actually bothered to look at the moves list, but because I never watched Dragon Ball at that point, I had absolutely no idea what these words meant.

Having trouble accepting something is one thing, but imagine having to accept accepting something!

That... makes sense. And I would have laughed if not for how many other sad scenarios that sentence is applicable to.

Didn't you notice that it was the game's own font? Of course it wouldn't be any of my characters!

Yeah, I realized that quickly, but that was my response the first time I read through that, and it was too great a moment to pass up.

That, and now I have more meme material from Hiimdaisy's Metal Gear comics.

I don't know, I chuckled a little. Mainly because the fx they used is likely the Wilhelm Scream of slaps.

In that case, I don't blame you at all.

Relevantly Irrelevant

I don't know, over the course of these LPs I've had so many jobs (both fictional and real), Homer Simpson would shake his head in disapproval. Seriously! I've been a tactician, a college student, a college dropoff, a time-traveler, a murderer, an unintentional murderer, a sorcerer, the world's savior... the worst part about it is, about three of those are good.

Eh, five of those could be considered good, although it depends if it was used with good or evil intent.

...Ah. who am I kidding? Only two of those are guaranteed to be good.

I'd argue that, but considering what we'll be seeing later, his sexism just makes no sense in the slightest.

Since when has sexism and racism ever made sense?

...Well, besides in fantasy or sci-fi environments were there really is a difference between races, and thus it really just depends on how blind or reasonable a character is about it

That, and androphobia and gynophobia are an actual things. Although those don't excuse bad behavior.

Hah. Just you wait...

Image result for wreck it ralph tragic backstory

And Kaga saw that scene in the movie, and said "Ha! I can make something ten, no, TWENTY times more tragic!"

Why does Runan feel the need for that kind of signal? This isn't the final battle!

Practice? I mean, getting the signal wrong when you're about to save the world is a pretty embarrassing way to blow it up...

Well...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell...

Image result for That isn't very reassuring

Poor guy's in quite the predicament, indeed.

And now we get to see how he gets out of it!

Have some faith in me, will you?

Due to getting my wisdom teeth removed, as mentioned above, I cannot have popcorn over the next few days.

Celebratory Ice Cream/Mashed Potatoes instead!!!

Here is the map. To answer to Hawkwing's question, yes, Eugen's infiltration squad consists of actual units. There are two ballistae in the map, but thanks to Eugen's ingenious plan, they're not an issue, and four units plus Runan should be enough to assault the bridge. When I said this is the first challenging map in the game, I didn't mean it's that hard. It's harder than the last few ones, but it's still nothing like, say, chapter 7 FE6, or chapter 7 times 2 FE6, or chapter 7 times 2 x FE6, or chapter 7 times 3 FE6...

I see. Well, I'll be eating the ice cream/mashed potatoes as I'm waiting for dinner to come home anyway.

llzxUlC.png

...a tank. They brought a tank. Maybe Codha really does own a steelworks press. These guys are basically Armor Knights with bows instead of swords. This one, in particular, has a brave crossbow, which can be pretty damn scary if you leave the wrong unit in his range. He doesn't move, which means we need to shred through his 30 HP and 15 defense if we want to proceed. Of course, we could always go around. The shallow parts of the river are considered "frontier" tiles, like the rocky parts of the land, which are like desert tiles, so they can be crossed, albeit with some difficulty.

Huh, so tanks can work in Fire Emb I mean Tear Ring Saga. Remind me to tell a friend about that later.

Also, that's the first time I've heard of rivers (or at least, parts of the river) being treated similarly to desert tiles. Usually, most units can travel on water tiles, just like they can go onto mountains, but with a high movement cost that really isn't worth it most of the time.

oZPNzyV.png

Eyyy, there's Sid! And it really does look like the extra armour and weilding a sword isn't doing him much good.

Can't wait to see how he gets out of this.

I remembered far too late (as in, almost all the way through the chapter) to show off Wundergust, so here, allow me to edit out the potentially spoilery parts. There we go. See that? That's what you get. Wundergust is a rather weak tome, all things considered. Very accurate, quite light, and has tons of crit, but the might's nothing to write home about, and it doesn't have any other special attributes or gimmicks. It's a very run-of-the-mill tome, honestly. Still, since it's very durable, and a step above most common wind tomes due to the low weight and high hit, it can be spammed without much care, as it's not really all that much of a tragedy if it breaks, and it improves Maruj's combat rather dramatically. Just be careful, it increases Maruj's score by a great amount. For now, we'll stick to the wind tome, so Maruj gains as much experience as possible while he still can.

Huh, so a personal weapon that isn't all that strong, but makes up for it in durability? That's honestly how I wish a fair chunk of legendary weapons worked in Fire Emblem. Then again, a fair amount of personal weapons work because they're powerful, but limited, so I guess the games already do that.

Also, I forgot that score was a thing.

Why is it that Lee always seems to miss his first shot and then nail the second? Just because you 1HKO everything doesn't mean you should get cocky, that's still one more use of the fire tome that we lose, and you won't get anymore for a while!

It's hard to aim things doing a Hadouken the first time around? And weapons still get used if they miss in this game?

5iZEk0Y.pnghtNorGy.pngytNT3g7.png

Oh, look! A critical hit!

So... the bolt gets an electric shield around it? Or is it just really hard to make firing an arrow look fancy (the path an arrow can take to hit its target, on the other hand...)?

w12NYLP.png

It's easier to take a screenshot when she's NOT in a ridiculous pose, isn't it?

llbcfuJ.png

Nice sprite.

yblvTy3.png

HP 35% - Magic 20% - Skill 20% - Speed 35% - Defense 15% - Strength 15% - Luck 15% - Mastery 25% - MOVEMENT 3%

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's a move growth! Mel's useful. High move and staves are a good combination. However, other than that... she's basically just a better Cleric, with higher bases than both Enteh and Plum and better move (which even has a slight chance of increasing). Yeah, yeah, I know, she can fight, but... 2 strength, 15% growth. Her combat's atrocious, and it will never get anywhere. So yeah. She's a better healer than most in this game, for sure, but I still believe Lee's better. He has far better stats, move on healers isn't all that important here because Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure is so common in this game, and he can actually fight quite well, unlike her.
Bottom line, not a bad unit by any means, but she's not as good or fun as Lee.

So just another Troubadour, except they can (badly) defend themselves this time around? Sounds about right. Although why they give a movement growth (even a poor one) to a unit already on a horse is beyond me.

KOQYrlT.pngFAJ7kRc.png

Suddenly, the trap is sprung!

I knew it! I knew this would happen!

...Of course, the game already hinted at it earlier, and then all but outright stated it later...

That sounded better before I started thinking.

1D5z9rl.png

4s8jjCH.png

Instead, we get to watch bright lights. Damn, that's awesome.

Okay, that, is cool.

Compiler of critical hits, where art thou?

Oh, dear. They're all going to commit suicide via Garo, aren't they? What a shame. Still, we get to see ranged crits. It's nothing special, he didn't even a single, tiny sparkle, and his animation didn't change. It happens with all ranged weapons that aren't bows. Yes, even magic, but that's all right, TRS magic's impressive enough as is.

Well, that sucks. Although now I'm trying to remember if Fire Emblem ever actually changed up the spells themselves when a critical hit occurred.

Zstsx0U.pngKb1FSmw.png

Awesome!

81nixl1.pngjM8hI8d.pngEegjNUw.png

...not so awesome.

Thais probably looks awesome in action, but some parts look silly when still.

There's also the fact that due to my shenanigans, there's a huge guy just kinda sitting behind her looking around frantically.

That alone made the conversation 5 times better to picture.

IVyMmBx.png

The fact that Norton's managed to get himself to fall behind his troops so badly is nothing short of hilarious. And he still has to border around the rocks he can't walk on! Pathetic, Norton, absolutely pathetic!

Agreed. Although what in the world caused Norton to try that? I'm actually curious about that now.

I am officially confused.

You are not alone there.

O93jT9f.pngOf course, your Highness!

XeGjvpV.png

Did he... did he really join us?

fktLSX2.png

HP 75% - Strength 40% - Skill 30% - Speed 25% - Defense 25% - Magic 0% - Luck 15% - Mastery 20%

Holy crap. I can genuinely say I did not see that coming

The entire bit with the soldiers

That was a genuinely hilarious way to take advantage of the nonsensical movements of the AI.

And then the later half made me sad. Darn you, Ruben

[Story Because I'm too lazy/tired to go back up and quote something]

How I missed these moments from the FE6 lets play, and how happy I am to see them again.

Still, can I just say I'm dumb? Because I'm dumb. Also, is it just me or do Generals in this game look incredibly fancy? It's almost like they made this sprite for something like the Baron class from the Jugdral games, and then just gave it to General when they decided not to include the Baron class!

You are right. The Generals do look awesome. I'd say they're on par with SoV's Barons

Well, whatever the case, that'll be all for today. Quite the long update, but I suppose that's how you guys like 'em, hm? I hope you enjoyed, don't forget to subscribe, follow, share with your friends and relatives, water your plants, take your dog out for a walk and that the sky is blue, but most importantly, to fare well until the next update!

Yeah, it was a large update. Took me about two hours to write all this.

SF, please don't log me out, please don't log me out, please don't log me out...

Dang, those Three Four Stooges had quite a bit of character! Also dang, I was thinking Norton was going to be one of those poor-sod Boss types that are just fighting on the wrong side, I didn't think he'd be recruitable. Not quite a Camus, more like... Mustafa? Shit that's awakening, but I don't remember any older game bosses that were Decent People. I look forward to Norton's future!

>inb4 Mel gets str blessed

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

llzxUlC.png

...a tank. They brought a tank. Maybe Codha really does own a steelworks press. These guys are basically Armor Knights with bows instead of swords. This one, in particular, has a brave crossbow, which can be pretty damn scary if you leave the wrong unit in his range. He doesn't move, which means we need to shred through his 30 HP and 15 defense if we want to proceed.

If I recall, the ballisticians of FE1 were also tanks. Anachronistic as it may be, it's far more than hilarious enough than to make up for it - even if the Armor Knight build isn't all that interesting to fight against, either.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

dWLeNSC.png

Aw man, Gotoh was a cool guy after all... I'm sad now. Or, well, I was already sad after Maruj's rant last time; unreasonable as it was, it's hard to fault him for it after basically seeing his grandfather die in front of him. Or, well, I'm still not sad because Gotoh had like 2 chapters of screentime before biting it and that's not enough to get me to actually feel for a fictional character. You get the idea.

I'm still calling him Gotoh even though there's no punchline anymore except the fact that they were both old guys who can use magic sort of good I guess? Maybe I should stop, to pay respects.

fktLSX2.png

(Norton analysis)

Unfortunately I've already spoiled myself on all the recruitables for this game, but if not for that I can't imagine I would have called Norton being playable. He showed up earlier, sure, but at the time of his first appearance you'd probably write him off as just a generic. Now that he's here, though, he reminds me a lot of Arden, as a sword armor with an almost comically ugly design who isn't the brightest bulb in the shed, but still a good guy. As a unit, he unfortunately sounds like one of those cases where he has unique qualities that don't actually benefit him a whole lot; would it have killed Kaga to give Great Knights something other than just swords?

20rqvNF.png

Lee took a lance to the clit, so let's have Lee do something about it with his staff.

TIL the army has two people in it named Lee, one of whom is a girl. Didn't you hear, people aren't allowed to have the same name in Fire Emblem?

Also I just want to say that I really like how you made an entire little subplot out of the AI doing dumb shit. Written well too; you did a good job of characterizing them in the screentime they had, and a lot of their interactions were pretty funny, as well.

Are helmeted Zieg edits going to appear more in the future or are they just a one-off for this part? It doesn't really matter, having a full-face helmet means you can't really have the same charm as a Morgan, just a bit of curiosity on my part.