Chaos reigns when I take the reins! - Let's play Tear Ring saga, Ironman mode, while being terrible at Fire Emblem!

Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Phew... for a second there I thought I'd have to give Arkis a level. Thank goodness.

Nah, it's CallMeKevin. I love that insane fecker.

I did not know.

Can't say I know enough about Sothe to tell you.

He has to deal with a band of poor units.

That's all you need to know.

Why does he look like a basement dweller?

...and why does googling his name prompt a bunch of scantly-clad females to appear?

See, this is why I didn't do that (Use google).

Kusakihara would have given the direction on character design, so he'd be giving the orders for Kozaki to have drawn Fates's cast to begin with.

Goddamnit, Ogier. You and every other sword user in FE6. You all failed me, except the character designed to fail me after chapter 10. That one did formidably.

Swords are bad (in BB), mmkay?

...Context, please?

Aside from the video itself? I mean I don't think it needs context but from what I know:

Well, Stone Cold Steve Austin had this wrestling opponent named The Higher Power who had been messing with him for a while before this clip. This wrestling opponent was revealed to be the man shouting in the video (Vince McMahon, owner of WWF/E), hence what he's saying. Professional wrestling is a soap opera all its own.

I don't know about that, so... perhaps?

I mean, Celica had to be there for long enough for Alm to be able to get to know her (which is shown in SoV), but it's not really specified, so it could be a week for all we know.

Not as bad as this suggests, but still.

Your knowledge of this game is about as inconsistent as the amount of time Runan and Enteh knew each other as kids.

I never disagreed.

Bows are sexist in this universe? Huh. Is there anything you'd like to tell us, Holmes?

If tanks are female, then yes they're probably sexist. Holmes just gets away with it because of the butch cut.

Rdagyzkd o

Is he flipping me off?

Looks like he's pointing to me.

Wnrsqkyb o

...how is it that both you and San find ways to make me not want to bench either of you? I can't promote you both! Purrrrrrety sure I can't, at least...

(Looks it up)

There's apparently 6 total.

There's also apparently ways to randomly get them. Why no secret shop carries promotion items I can only guess.

Faqvjind oJ4pxpqav oYhvlctkz o

I'm not sure if Sid should intentionally throw this or be even more afraid of losing.

Ovihk4eq o

Leda being Berned to the ground feels a bit appropriate. I guess the dragons won after all Zeph.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bows are sexist in this universe? Huh. Is there anything you'd like to tell us, Holmes?

Holmes is actually a woman pretending to be a man because she thought the pirates privateers she would work with would be a little more along the lines of Captain Sleever. Wait. No, that's someone from a game with a guy named Bartz. There is no Bartz in this game. Just Juliattisnacordst

Didn't he post it in a spoiler, though?

I think that was by an edit, but I'm not entirely sure. I could have just been edit-tagged, because I know that's how I ended up seeing it.

To be honest, there were more dots than on a dalmatian when she knew so much about Katri's transformation right before the first route split. They may as well have drew the lines for us.

...but... they literally stated it last update...!

I kind of meant at that stage... prior to the split

And that, my friends, is why I have faith in Matthis. Well, that, and being one of the few people in FE11 who join for an actually wholesome reason, and not by being seduced or manipulated by Shiida. People give him way too much crap.

Mine was good enough to kill Camus, kill Michalis (which honestly wasn't that hard) and take a couple potshots at Medeus before I was forced to pull the plug and finish him with Marth (who ate a lot of stat-boosters) because the guys I used to guard Gotoh and Jake started getting in over their heads. Shame, because I wanted to finish him with Matthis so I could post about it here... and then I utterly failed in that front.

About the only good thing this map has going for it is that it'll be over before you know it (unlike that one chapter I dread so much). It has only about three screens of dialogue at the end plus what I might add, so next update will, most likely, be another gameplay update, and more importantly, a proper one. We just have to get through the filler.

This may as well be one of those reinforcement battles in Gaiden for all it's plot relevance. The only way it'd be worth a footnote in the story is if someone died or got an awesome level. Or both, which would add insult to injury. Mind the reinforcement battles in Gaiden kind of were to remind you you were in a war and to keep you from going around grinding in dungeons for maxed levels... even though they kind of gave you exp as well. Damn it

I didn't even take a screenshot of the first turn's movements. Not that it's so important, we just moved forward.

Also, what a way to begin the chapter. Hoo, boy. He truly is the one and only, The Roger.

I've got to do another New Mystery Run and reclass Roger to Cavalier, promote him and have The Roger The Paladin... New Mystery Edition. If he does half the job he did in my Shadow Dragon run, it'll be worth it

Rdagyzkd o

Is he flipping me off?

"This outfit has too much wind resistance to dive bomb the enemy. Screw you for promoting me"

Lfekjaks oAiomvbhu o

Well then. You get the kill, San. Man... look at that! It's like Runan, minus all the speed and 5 HP.

Plus a horse. But with lances. But minus Sol. But plus the ability to actually die. But minus plot relevance. Plus a non-fractured psyche. But minus Eugen. Need I go on?

Wndaxjoy o

Really? Pfft. You never cease to surprise me in this run, Krishna.

That's probably a pretty good survival tactic. Steal the enemy's weapon, and not only are they unable to fight back, but you have less costs in buying new axes for Garo. Or sale material at worst.

Tgjjw3q0 o

The Roger the Dragon Ass-kicker.

This brings back memories of my shadow dragon run where I attempted to do the same thing with The Roger The General, a Mage Dragon and an Iron Bow... only for him to crit and take the kill because his strength was high and it'd already taken a couple shots from Matthis

Lionel has better luck than Garo and doesn't miss the ball.

Unlike Maerchen, who certainly does.

Faqapymm o

That's the end of that. Told you it'd go by fast. I'm pretty sure all it took was 7 turns. Might've been 8, but definitely no more than 10. In other words, I've been sorta efficient and quick in FE for a change. Don't get used to it.

I'll take it, given I was worried about The Roger for half a second before he got healed.

12 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Indiana Jones drinking acid from the bottle. I would point out the ridiculousness of it, but the man survived a nuclear explosion in a refrigerator that was thrown several miles through the air. At this point, he probably has a few superpowers.

Reminds me of a gag I pulled in 9th grade. See, I helped my science teacher set up the experiment the class would be doing towards the end of the lunchbreak, and knew the "Hydrochloric acid" we were using was in reality nothing more than tap water. So basically when the teacher was out of the room I demonstrated my "invulnerability" with the "acid" to my classmates, earning a reputation for both full blown insanity and durability from the incident. So I guess that half helps explain my username.

12 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

..Oh God... uh... er... maybe she thought it was a Snorlax? According to Smash Bros, children play on its belly. I'll take anything that will make it less disturbing.

Now I remember why I lost sleep questioning if I read that right the first time I saw that.

I'll give you one. Kikwi are more plant than animal according to dialogue. Ergo their reproduction is almost certainly pollen related so this is 100% pure innocent. Besides she probably climbed on the thing trying to get a better view of the surrounding forest, as not only was it large, but it had a position up high, making it the ideal vantage point if one doesn't realize it's a living being. Which she probably didn't, seeing as she'd come from Skyloft and not seen a kikwi before... let alone the sole one of that size.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'd have said BB was one of the games where swords were at their best because of the weapon accuracy being generally lower over-all, and a lower concentration of lance users compared to Shadow Dragon or FE7 or even PoR. But then again, that is on paper. I haven't exactly tested every sword user in the game's viability.

On another note relating to Binding Blade, I was looking through the growth rates when it hit me Lot is tied with Barth (the Knightest Knight that ever Knighted) for the second highest Defense growth in the game. The first place obviously going to Karel, and his insane rates. Small wonder he turned out so good last LP.

Well, did the "Eugen is President" joke I was planning to do, except then I realized that I didn't know how to put pictures over each other with the software my computer came with, and photoshop costs money, and I don't feel like buying anything at the moment. That, and I don't know how funny it actually is. Still, if you want to do something with it, have at it:

Spoiler

G-hp2K17WzBGKedSHjlklhoUceZBzJtBK2VNRm-sAERBNa48lnyPKu-Gof82LvOe650-k-FtB5-a8HSQTZQUaWu8sH_fHUb3UN-f5UNG5N5by0DU_8LiO4z4Pjbi-yrYX_vrZaLv

Yes, they had to put a last name. I did find out that Eugens name means "Well Born" when searching for ideas., so that's what I used.

WKiOJR8u8BE_ngEK6sgWZ8rLbYM4YnEpxsWUSWW9jLDVbnmELAwQmIXHQzRhucHdQmQsgKFgrKUUZK6Ihbc2EYpAX23ocMsBLE-Kf8dB3gOr-st_ecSZ2z_57-zSA0KhOHk1CxIe

Obvious edit that I would do if I had any photoshoping skills/abilities.

For the record, his opponent complained about how there would be "duels in the streets" if Eugen was elected president. I would have screenshotted it, but it had lighting effects, and I couldn't get the timing right.

BaYNX7VHqf2PJgEj2tu7KnJANwd1nYP90RZM7Oq-4VPk6JRrwmjDRPX5jAUrxpQONRPi68BA-n3fWdM8EYNsaGzpWWrcTkho7EsnvZF0MAMQoi9Yj1CClu9YlN0IO77luuIVLX0R

Eugen winning by landslide. Because that's actually pretty easy to do in this game: Just seize California, and the game is pretty much won. Isn't the electoral college great?

If you're interested in playing it for yourself: https://www.icivics.org/games/win-white-house

Fun Fact: I actually convinced my teachers to use the website as a resource in civics class.

3 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

I think that was by an edit, but I'm not entirely sure. I could have just been edit-tagged, because I know that's how I ended up seeing it.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:46 PM, Hawkwing said:

...What the heck? I don't I share both, know that they're on my mind:

Hide contents

-44IU9u-vU0DPZz-DFJzpVGsLwMfN4BY23JsF9f6PVt3Yp3WCED6xJlxU0vB3x-YdveNs1ZkOF75y4RFHQqVIojf7zkqATJG__rX1qlyTmqUMyvWiBV3Ayu5ArOq4uGGia1DbAYe

U06OGLvk6a0fxJkwm7U-NDRKJ9z7eTQLPjFKXiTk_aCdviihmBHWFiBaOi0A-RQJmUDAUmEkjf1Srj1t2VRwnvIjSt6MU9bQXXAole5GVPgXTAf3cPD2CCMi2DvfXU1A5poqZO-o

I have both a really easy and a really hard time picturing that, and I don't know why.

Hide contents

So, apparently the traditional method for werewolves to get engaged is to kidnap their spouse. My ten minute asking spree on the topic is below:

Wait, so in this world, werewolves kidnap their spouses? Does this mean that instead of rings, the sign that two people are getting married is that one captured the other? Are there norms about this kind of thing? Is it the methods or the cleverness about the kidnapping that determines whether or not it was impressive, honorable, or romantic, and the like? As in, is going the whole shebang with the kidnapping tropes equipment-wise seen as more impressive than throwing a bag over their head or tying them up, or is leading ones potential spouse into an elaborate trap more admirable? Or is kidnapping someone through technicality would be seen as more clever and noteworthy than simply grabbing them and running? Or is it not based on social norms at all, and instead part of the dating process finding out what your partners preference is in this area? In that case, instead of teaching the “love at first site” and ‘Prince Charming’ crap, did the old werewolf Disney movies instead show young werewolf boys and girls about the several different ways of being kidnapped so they can decide for themselves which one they like the most?

I can see why this is considered the traditional method. No doubt a few supposedly “romantic“ moments where ruined when somebody without a knowledge of werewolf culture attempted to be the hero in that kind of situation. Not to mention the kinds of problems that can cause with interspecies romance and the laws with various cities.

Though now that I think about it, this does explain why so many characters are so nonchalant about being kidnapped. I know that some of the more experienced hunters consider it to be Midgard’s unique way of recruiting members, and therefore just deal with it, but maybe some of the other characters are just used to the idea that they might be stuffed in a sack or something along those lines at some point in their lives? Except that isn’t a convincing answer on just how disturbing the implications would be.

…By the way, I just remembered that Kain (hilariously, I might add) has a fanclub that is mostly, if not entirely, composed of females. And Kain is a werewolf (even if he looks more like a cat), and said fanclub contains members from every race in the game (werewolf, coffee rabbit, polar bear, and human/sapient, by the way). What I’m trying to say is, what is going through the dirtier parts of their minds? And suddenly Kain minimalistic responses of “what did I get myself into?” make sense.

This was originally part of a personal project that I planned on once I had some good recording equipment and competent drawing skills, but progress on it screeched to a halt once once the bosses of the game became more powerful than the stages preceded them suggested, and I often had to beat them by the skin of my teeth. I do plan on continuing it sometime, though

On 3/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, Hawkwing said:

...It's supposed to be "What the heck? Why don't I share both, now that they're on my mind".

xnvw7q.gif

Seriously, though, you could probably make a drinking game right now of how many spelling errors I've made throughout this Lets Play. It's almost like Serenes Forest has cursed my posts to be unable to edit anything that quotes @Saint Rubenio.

Also, nobody has commented on the Blustone comment, but considering the few weird details that people already know about the game, I guess I'm not surprised. You could also make a drinking game about how many times I've mentioned Blustone on the site. Take two if I end up writing several paragraphs about the game and take three if I not-so-subtly try to convince people to play it.

This may as well be one of those reinforcement battles in Gaiden for all it's plot relevance. The only way it'd be worth a footnote in the story is if someone died or got an awesome level. Or both, which would add insult to injury. Mind the reinforcement battles in Gaiden kind of were to remind you you were in a war and to keep you from going around grinding in dungeons for maxed levels... even though they kind of gave you exp as well. Damn it

Don't remind me of those. I mean, it can make some battles more interesting (the assault on Desaix's Fortress is much more challenging when there are a ton of cavaliers blocking the entrance that you have to get through first), but when you have to fight three bow knights on the level with nothing but archaists on Alm's Route on Hard, it's... not fun.

I now disagree with anyone who calls Clive useless; He is extremely elite distraction fodder.

I'll give you one. Kikwi are more plant than animal according to dialogue. Ergo their reproduction is almost certainly pollen related so this is 100% pure innocent. Besides she probably climbed on the thing trying to get a better view of the surrounding forest, as not only was it large, but it had a position up high, making it the ideal vantage point if one doesn't realize it's a living being. Which she probably didn't, seeing as she'd come from Skyloft and not seen a kikwi before... let alone the sole one of that size.

While I can see that happening, they did talk with each other. Indeed, Bucha said that Zelda vaulted off his belly when he was in the middle of trying to explain how dangerous the temple was, and...

...Why did I lose sleep over this again? Right, I forgot if I originally read that correctly (I forgot to put that in the original post), and had both an easy and a difficult time picturing it. To the point I played Hero mode immediately after beating the game just to see if I read it right the first time. And I brought it up because I had similar feelings/thoughts towards a sentence in Blustone and how female wyvern riders are wearing skirts/dresses in Awakening.

...On a different note, is the reason the Kikwi only appear once is because they disguise themselves as grass in franchise with the most dedicated mortal lawnmower in the history of videogames?

5 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

I'd have said BB was one of the games where swords were at their best because of the weapon accuracy being generally lower over-all, and a lower concentration of lance users compared to Shadow Dragon or FE7 or even PoR. But then again, that is on paper. I haven't exactly tested every sword user in the game's viability.

I'm not remembering the lance concentration being all that low in BB honestly.

Though that certainly was a mistake on my part. Anima is still much better than all physical weapons though.

23 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Phew... for a second there I thought I'd have to give Arkis a level. Thank goodness.

Nah, it's CallMeKevin. I love that insane fecker.

Gosh darn it, why'd my Internet have to cut out there of all times, I knew the answer immediately (a comment you made about Comedy Night, made it click) do you work at my power company or something, dammit?

8szg77b7 o

Heh, you spent way too much time on this

...how is it that both you and San find ways to make me not want to bench either of you? I can't promote you both! Purrrrrrety sure I can't, at least...

Treat them both equally, promote Arkis instead

And that is all, folks! Rather uneventful update, but everyone loves level up screens, right? So it could be worse! Next time, a far more interesting update with rather intense gameplay and important plot galore. I forbid you to miss it, therefore it is your duty to fare well! So do it, and we'll read each other again soon! Buh-bye

Plot? In my gameplay chapter. 

58 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Though that certainly was a mistake on my part. Anima is still much better than all physical weapons though.

Don't take it the wrong way. I did say "compared to". It's hard to avoid a lot of lances when Knights/Generals, Cavaliers/Paladins, Wyvern Riders/Wyvern Lords, Pegasus Knights/Falcoknights and Soldiers all use the things. Honestly lances seem to be the most common choice for a physical class to use in Elibe or Altea. That said, the early portion of the game with bandit chapters combined with the western isles put a lot of axe-heavy chapters in, and the Sacae route is obviously pretty heavy with Nomads/Nomadic Troopers and Myrmidons/Swordmasters. Then there's the late game that's primarily manaketes.

This helps even it out more than say, Shadow Dragon, where an imbalance comes in because it wasn't built around the weapons triangle... and thus axe users become an oddity after chapter 3. Not that they're absent. Pyrathi has a lot of Pirates, and there's Heroes late game with axes. But it kind of puts sword users at a disadvantage when the guys they do best against become rare.

I sometimes wonder if IS don't just flat nerf a lot of axe-users bases/growths because they know that good axe units in the more lance heavy games would benefit too much from WTA and 1-2 range. It'd sure as hell explain FE7 Bartre.

Part 39 - Everything about this update is edgy.

I've had some really tiresome days. I hope the quality of the update won't be affected. I got lost once, and nearly went back and reposted the same 20 or so shots with different commentary. Here's hoping I didn't do it elsewhere without noticing.

Updates:

Spoiler
On 10/3/2019 at 8:37 PM, BrightBow said:

Kaiju battle! Kaiju battle! Kaiju battle!

559vb3ji o

Be careful what you wish for.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

I love how the game uses latin for the text. 

Oh hey, new reader. Pretty sure you're new, anyway. Please, do make yourself comfortable.

Yes, I too am fond of that detail. It just screams "magic!". Quite literally!

On 10/3/2019 at 9:13 PM, Goddess Serra said:

You know who does? Me. You know who doesn't like this game's Latin? Also me. Maruj just said "(It) shall destroy you in a tornado" basically. Apparently, Kaga also did bad Latin first.

Hwahahahah. That's got to be the greatest of KDIFs.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:43 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

Well, I'm not Birtish to have been forced to learn Latin or Italian to notice a significant connection to it but I know Spanish which kinda helps in making out what they say. I would like to learn latin if it were not so byzantine (pun intended, and not even historically accurate smh) and just grammatical structure of it.

10/10 would pun again.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:00 AM, Hawkwing said:

Indiana Jones drinking acid from the bottle. I would point out the ridiculousness of it, but the man survived a nuclear explosion in a refrigerator that was thrown several miles through the air. At this point, he probably has a few superpowers.

In this game, he can take a thousand bullets to the face, surf explosions, roll up stairs, defy the laws of physics, drink acid, pull levers and switches with his crotch, heal any sort of wounds by drinking water... he's amazing!

(For the record, it was George Lucas's idea for Indy to survive the explosion in a fridge, believing it was a 50-50 chance thing(that has since been debunked). He never said that it would be that close to the blast, or that the fridge would be flying through the air.)

Frankly, I think there are worse things in that movie. Admittedly, Indy surviving a nuclear explosion by getting into a fridge is a bit of a step above guy pulling hearts with his bare hand, or a guy turning 1000 years old in ten seconds, but still. The nuclear thingy isn't as bad as Shia Lebouf dancing among the monkeys.

It's not through a lack of trying, I can tell you that.

Try harder, damn you! You're missing out on Matthis's origins story.

In other words, a very literal Kaga Did It First.

Eeeyup.

...Oh God... uh... er... maybe she thought it was a Snorlax? According to Smash Bros, children play on its belly. I'll take anything that will make it less disturbing.

Smash bros potentially features a deeply depressed, arguably insane child beating a helpless little puppy to death with a stick. "Less disturbing".

And then the fucking dog uses that shitty ass fishing move and it annoys the crap out of me by grabbing my butt from the other side of the map and just flinging me! Now THAT move is the really disturbing part!

Now I remember why I lost sleep questioning if I read that right the first time I saw that.

I'd lose sleep wondering if that thing on the potato's face is a mustache or something else. That's what it looks like, but it makes no sense!

Bagman: Heads or Tails gambler trillionaire by day, crimefighter off-screen.

In the ultimate irony, Bagman uses the greed of all criminals to ultimately bring them to justice.

Footballman would be his Alfred, and, uh... I guess Holmes could settle for Robin?

That'd be the perfect opportunity for a scene where Richard cracks his skull open with a crowbar and leaves him with Barbarossa to blow up. All things considered, it's perfect.

Right. Instead of having the great introductory arc of Runan saving a country from a corrupt leader, Holmes fights the biggest joke in the game just to stab him in the groin. No wonder Runan is missed so much.

Don't forget that he later proceeded to do fuck all. My fucking fanfic characters are more proactive than him, and all they do is follow the main characters around because I want to show off the sprites I made!

I see. That makes more sense. Although now I wonder why they gave Virion in Awakening the "retreat instead of dying" privilege throughout the whole game when he only appears in the main story once several chapters after he's recruited, instead of also giving him a death quote after his relevance is gone.

I suppose you are right that IS likes appearing to be clever when they're really just lazy.

B-But that'd be so hard to code! It'd take at least two ifs! They don't have time for that, they need to start to work on the DLCs that will only be unlocked months after the game's been released!

You really should. You're talking to one of the biggest Star Wars fans reading this Lets Play, and every random thing in that series has a name, backstory, and an entry on Wookiepedia.

Oh, yeah? Give me the High Ground's backstory, then. I was tempted to ask for info about Deathsticks at first, but I have a feeling that one does have a story to it. Surely they couldn't have been mad enough to write anything about the High Ground, right? I'd love them if they did, but...

An unfortunate truth.

They should learn lessons from Eugen. Die in battle, backstab your friends, be a snarky ass all the way.

There's a reason I say Blustone is like Fire Emblem Heroes butwith a more intuitive Gacha system, better writing and character interactions, and more consistent artwork and animations. I'm just saying...

You're just saying... again.

Reveal hidden contents

Whenever I promote the game, it feels like this, honestly:

SsD0yK0X_D-J3aAppnKa7oWFkFU8YWkIeCgG-2hyxjtCWZlftHGB06Hz8t6XI06tPspGmDitgXmbE_b2Z0cUGjCdPjnuFEFP9SIZNgSG6_ujFC7KBlSCRmVIy3IyDh4JTHZ9ePhC

'Course, I also wonder how many people I've scared off of the game when bringing up its weirdness. Too many things there only make sense/are (slightly) less disturbing with context.

Bitch, please, I can take some weirdness. I love Hotline Miami! Except there, it doesn't get any less fucked up when you know the context.

It honestly reminded me of Mintz in the sense that it's noble, but there's an informal side to it.

Now that you mention it, it does have some similarities to Mintz.

A more immediate yet still great reason for Raphael's decision.

Yeah.

I think I just keep forgetting that Enteh is part of the story.

For all of Katri's annoyances, at least appearing in scenes she's not relevant in makes her more memorable, for better or worse. With Enteh, I keep wondering "Who? Oh right. The healer that isn't Lee."

Hey, I believe it's better to be "the healer that isn't Lee" rather than "dumbass whose idiocy is only rivaled by Holmes's".

I tend to remember the jokes or highlights that occur in the update, not necessarily the title. I need to make it a habit to look at that more often. I've learned that I've missed out on so many jokes in Darths and Droids from skipping to reading the comic.

...except that wasn't even an update title, it's the effing thread title that pops up next to the user's name every time someone posts something here!

I'll take a guess those days will turn into years.

Perhaps.

So... he falls in love with Enteh?

Come now, don't be so hasty. Or faithless. I tell you, they handle it really well.

When my erratic exploring of the site allows it, I shall.

Dew it now.

I see what you did there.

You see, I see.

I mean, some portraits are blonde. And you can roleplay in those kind of games...

Oh, so you can pull a Holmes and just ignore the main quests and just aimlessly walk around the world doing fuck all for hours on end!

It is, although Gaiden has the excuse of hardware limitations, and I think Echoes had the same animation as a reference to the original.

Still doesn't excuse the dark magic spells of the games in-between.

...which are, in most cases, absolutely amazing! I swear, even in games as mundanely-looking as the DS titles, dark magic found ways to be glorious. Swarm, Imhullu and Glower are some of the best looking spells in Marth's games, and they all have that dark aesthetic to them (even if there's no Trinity of Magic proper in the DS games).

Makes sense, although what does that mean about the slaver and Plum...?

It means he's not frustrated by that kind of situation.

...which just serves to make the whole thing even creepier. Let's move on, now...

I think he had a history of drawing hetai as an old shame.

I can believe that.

I have a hard time remembering names in both videogames and real life. More often, I remember people by their physical appearance and what they do. Which isn't so helpful in writing form, as "the other healer that isn't Lee" could refer to a lot of characters.

Hmmm... so I'm basically "insane old man who's occasionaly a whiny bearded man that cannot play FE worth a damn"?

See the above about remembering what a person does more than their name.

Yeah, well, you could forget that, pretty easily. I know I'd like to.

Glad to hear that. And you're the second person to call me a cinnamon roll on this site. I would say thank you, but I don't like cinnamon...

You're no fun...

In other words, I won't spend three hours writing a response.

I (try to) count my blessings.

Let us all rejoice.

I've seen the same pose in the last picture before, but I'm trying to remember where it's from.

If you do remember, do let me know.

I mean, his thumb is out, so... technically not? He could be making an L sign, or firing an imaginary gun in the air.

Or he went the juvenile route of pretending to be grown up and really is flipping his enemies off.

Those aren't much better, you know.

Nice to see this meme again, but why is there an anime girl nosebleeding?

Because Maruj is awesome and has fangirls, unlike Alicia who is crappy and has no fangirls. Need I say more?

When did she get three more flying blades?

Do they help her steal things?

They're perhaps a distraction?

Yet another thing The Roger can add to his resume.

The Roger The Paladin The Knight The Dragonslayer The Virgin The Boyfriend of The Mel The Troubadour...

Man, we're really getting a lot of mileage out of that one typo.

Who are you and what did you do to Ruben?

And what game do you think you're trying too fool us with? The real Tear Ring Saga would have seen at least three different perspectives by now.

Ah, don't worry, it's going right back to being usual me and TRS today. Take that as you will.

Another gameplay-related plot explanation, I take it?

I mean, he did say the gargoyles wouldn't stop coming out, right?

Ruben still hasn't learned never to tempt fate.

Although I do agree that gargoyles probably won't do jack against anyone.

These guys are all probably level 15 promotees by now. Heck, Arran was maxed when he killed Medeus.

I'm getting some Legolas and Gimli kill count competition vibes here.

Wonder how it will play out next time we see them.

Ah, just you wait...

Now this is something the plot has actually built up too. This'll be interesting...

That much is for sure.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:32 AM, Dayni said:

I did not know.

Of course you didn't.

He has to deal with a band of poor units.

That's all you need to know.

You mean, kinda like Shadow Dragon Marth? Nah, can't be. Marth's got Matthis.

See, this is why I didn't do that (Use google).

Kusakihara would have given the direction on character design, so he'd be giving the orders for Kozaki to have drawn Fates's cast to begin with.

I see.

Axes are the way to go in that game. They do a Lot of damage.

Aside from the video itself? I mean I don't think it needs context but from what I know:

Well, Stone Cold Steve Austin had this wrestling opponent named The Higher Power who had been messing with him for a while before this clip. This wrestling opponent was revealed to be the man shouting in the video (Vince McMahon, owner of WWF/E), hence what he's saying. Professional wrestling is a soap opera all its own.

How overly dramatic. Almost like my stupid fanfic stuff.

I mean, Celica had to be there for long enough for Alm to be able to get to know her (which is shown in SoV), but it's not really specified, so it could be a week for all we know.

It was but a fleeting minute, but young Alm had never seen a woman before. He then spent the following years reminiscing about her. Reminiscing very hard.

Mycen didn't have the heart to tell him to stop. He knew the struggle all too well...

Not as bad as this suggests, but still.

Oh, believe me, it'd have to be really bad to be as bad as this.

I never disagreed.

Good call.

If tanks are female, then yes they're probably sexist. Holmes just gets away with it because of the butch cut.

Hwahahahahahah... goodness gracious, that whole line was just pure awesome.

Looks like he's pointing to me.

You're the chosen one, Dayni. The chosen one by Maruj, new Sage of Wind.

(Looks it up)

There's apparently 6 total.

There's also apparently ways to randomly get them. Why no secret shop carries promotion items I can only guess.

Okay, so, six. Norton, Kate, Kreiss and Lionel ate four, and Raphael brought the fifth, so...

...hey, unless I'm forgetting someone, we can promote them both! Thing is, I think I remember when the last Crest is obtained, and it's rather late. Still, Esther learns Paragon at level 20, so perhaps...

I'm not sure if Sid should intentionally throw this or be even more afraid of losing.

The struggle.

Leda being Berned to the ground feels a bit appropriate. I guess the dragons won after all Zeph.

Poor guy was just born in the wrong continent. Manaketes suck in Elibe. They die by existing, remember? I still can't get over that.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Holmes is actually a woman pretending to be a man because she thought the pirates privateers she would work with would be a little more along the lines of Captain Sleever. Wait. No, that's someone from a game with a guy named Bartz. There is no Bartz in this game. Just Juliattisnacordst

Why did you even bring up Juliattisnacordst? He's got nothing to do with any of this, much less this Bartz you're talking about.

The mystery thickens.

I kind of meant at that stage... prior to the split.

Yeah, they were never subtle about it, and then they just dropped the ball.

Mine was good enough to kill Camus, kill Michalis (which honestly wasn't that hard) and take a couple potshots at Medeus before I was forced to pull the plug and finish him with Marth (who ate a lot of stat-boosters) because the guys I used to guard Gotoh and Jake started getting in over their heads. Shame, because I wanted to finish him with Matthis so I could post about it here... and then I utterly failed in that front.

Hey, in my case, Cain got a random crit while I was trying to set up the kill for Matthis. It's not a problem. Matthis was never in for the glory. He just wanted to die as one of the dashing instead of one of the dastardly. And boy was he ever dashing. The dashingest! Maria has no taste in men. Although, in SD, Marth is pretty amazing, I agree.

This may as well be one of those reinforcement battles in Gaiden for all it's plot relevance. The only way it'd be worth a footnote in the story is if someone died or got an awesome level.

Here's a hint: one of those will happen today. Or maybe both. And perhaps multiple times! I'm not being very specific, am I? Read on, and find out for yourself what shall come to pass! And place your bets!

I've got to do another New Mystery Run and reclass Roger to Cavalier, promote him and have The Roger The Paladin... New Mystery Edition. If he does half the job he did in my Shadow Dragon run, it'll be worth it

Heck, if he's half as good as The Roger The TRS Paladin, he'll fit in well.

"This outfit has too much wind resistance to dive bomb the enemy. Screw you for promoting me"

Ouch.

Plus a horse. But with lances. But minus Sol. But plus the ability to actually die. But minus plot relevance. Plus a non-fractured psyche. But minus Eugen. Need I go on?

Yeah, he's got nothing to do with Runan, I get it.

That's probably a pretty good survival tactic. Steal the enemy's weapon, and not only are they unable to fight back, but you have less costs in buying new axes for Garo. Or sale material at worst.

It is pretty good, but then again, it's "only" a 1 in 3 chance...

This brings back memories of my shadow dragon run where I attempted to do the same thing with The Roger The General, a Mage Dragon and an Iron Bow... only for him to crit and take the kill because his strength was high and it'd already taken a couple shots from Matthis

That's The Roger for you.

Unlike Maerchen, who certainly does.

O O F

I'll take it, given I was worried about The Roger for half a second before he got healed.

I was never going to risk him dying. Really, the healing and the javelin throws were just potshots I took hoping for a little luck. Since I had none, I just left. I have to say, the Goddess ain't protecc so much lately.

Reminds me of a gag I pulled in 9th grade. See, I helped my science teacher set up the experiment the class would be doing towards the end of the lunchbreak, and knew the "Hydrochloric acid" we were using was in reality nothing more than tap water. So basically when the teacher was out of the room I demonstrated my "invulnerability" with the "acid" to my classmates, earning a reputation for both full blown insanity and durability from the incident. So I guess that half helps explain my username.

...how come you knew the acid was only water? Did you drop some on yourself or an object? Did you dip your finger into it? Did you try to end it all, and since it didn't work, you decided you might as well use that chance to gain popularity?

That's all very reassuring, but it doesn't explain why it looks like a Mustachioed Potato.

Rutger's there, he definitely helps swords look good... and bad, too. Of course, he can't compare to Marcus.

On another note relating to Binding Blade, I was looking through the growth rates when it hit me Lot is tied with Barth (the Knightest Knight that ever Knighted) for the second highest Defense growth in the game. The first place obviously going to Karel, and his insane rates. Small wonder he turned out so good last LP.

Yes, he's more reliable than you'd think. He just needs to get out of his initial rut, an investment not everyone is willing to make. But I am, and boy was it ever a good idea. Only reason I beat FE6 in the LP, right there.

On 11/3/2019 at 3:32 PM, Hawkwing said:

Well, did the "Eugen is President" joke I was planning to do, except then I realized that I didn't know how to put pictures over each other with the software my computer came with, and photoshop costs money, and I don't feel like buying anything at the moment. That, and I don't know how funny it actually is. Still, if you want to do something with it, have at it:

Really? Come now, download paint.net. It's served me well all these years! Here, allow me to enlighten you...

Auwmgpem o

Seriously, though, you could probably make a drinking game right now of how many spelling errors I've made throughout this Lets Play. It's almost like Serenes Forest has cursed my posts to be unable to edit anything that quotes @Saint Rubenio.

Hey, look at the bright side. At least you know how to do that fancy thing where you mention people's names and they get a notification. All these years of lurking, occasionally posting and LPing, and I still haven't figured it out.

Also, your typos don't get laughed at by at least five people. Remember Guardian Dragon Mouse? I 'member.

Also, nobody has commented on the Blustone comment, but considering the few weird details that people already know about the game, I guess I'm not surprised. You could also make a drinking game about how many times I've mentioned Blustone on the site. Take two if I end up writing several paragraphs about the game and take three if I not-so-subtly try to convince people to play it.

You're obsessed. Go get a doctor. Me? Nah, it's only natural to hate horsemen. Horsemen should be deported. They take jobs from hard-working people of our countr(ies).

Don't remind me of those. I mean, it can make some battles more interesting (the assault on Desaix's Fortress is much more challenging when there are a ton of cavaliers blocking the entrance that you have to get through first), but when you have to fight three bow knights on the level with nothing but archaists on Alm's Route on Hard, it's... not fun.

That sure sounds great. Almost as great as the one map I'm hyping up so much. Almost.

I now disagree with anyone who calls Clive useless; He is extremely elite distraction fodder.

I swear if I ever play Gaiden/Echoes, I'm gonna use Clive, no questions asked.

While I can see that happening, they did talk with each other. Indeed, Bucha said that Zelda vaulted off his belly when he was in the middle of trying to explain how dangerous the temple was, and...

...Why did I lose sleep over this again? Right, I forgot if I originally read that correctly (I forgot to put that in the original post), and had both an easy and a difficult time picturing it. To the point I played Hero mode immediately after beating the game just to see if I read it right the first time. And I brought it up because I had similar feelings/thoughts towards a sentence in Blustone and how female wyvern riders are wearing skirts/dresses in Awakening.

...On a different note, is the reason the Kikwi only appear once is because they disguise themselves as grass in franchise with the most dedicated mortal lawnmower in the history of videogames?

They're dumb, that's the answer.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, Dayni said:

Nonsense, Dougy cannot use anima. He uses axes, lances and LOYALTY. Loyalty to his king, he from whose side he shall never be moved, never, not by his daughter or his prince or his fellow generals! He will walk the distance to not be distanced from his liege the king, may he live long and prosper, more so than Etruria, its people, and anything that is not King Mordred ? of Etruria, blessed be his name and his beard!

Hahahaha, I love doing that.

On 11/3/2019 at 7:39 PM, Pengaius said:

Gosh darn it, why'd my Internet have to cut out there of all times, I knew the answer immediately (a comment you made about Comedy Night, made it click) do you work at my power company or something, dammit?

Ihhjich3 o
Don't ask how I know your adress.
Nah, but in all seriousness, that's fair enough. In fact, I think I'll do it. I'll give Arkis a level, just for you. Just, not today. You were late, so I shall be late as well.

Heh, you spent way too much time on this

It was really fun, though.

Treat them both equally, promote Arkis instead

How about I promote Shirou instead?

Plot? In my gameplay chapter. 

Yes.

18 hours ago, eclipse said:

And I am BACK! 

My favourite mod!

Guess Esther shared my personal problems, in the form of her stats.  Sorry 'bout that!

Ah, no worries. She'll pull through, I'm sure. Might promote a wee bit late, but she does get paragon at level 20...

Reply:

Spoiler
2rfhx9u6 o3vtmmgop oTjxv8sy3 o

Look, it's benchies! They're coming along today. What for, you'll see.

Ujt31h4r o

The first thing the game does, right before the text, is highlight the big dragon in the middle of the map. Ah, I'm sure Tom could take it on.

Vcfbl8sl o

And now we're going to get some plot.

3lbbovcv o

Njdtyjkp oHolmes, what is that...?

Muvphmfm oThat is the Guardian Dragon of Earth and the former defender of Leda... The Witch Dragon, Kranion.

Njdtyjkp oA guardian dragon, just like me...

0zfd96rn o I like how the game's throughoutly inconsistent when it comes to the spelling of the title "guardian dragon". Sometimes they capitalize both words, sometimes neither. What's up with that?

Muvphmfm oMaybe it was like you at one point, but that would've been a long time ago. For decades, Kranion has rampaged across Leda Valley massacring every living thing. Now it's no different from those monsters we just fought.

0zfd96rn o We know this already... it was you who told us! Stop yapping away and run, you fool!

Njdtyjkp oBut how...? She's human, isn't she?

Muvphmfm oMost likely, yeah. Some say it was a princess of Leda, but no one knows the truth for sure.

Njdtyjkp o...Should we run away?

0zfd96rn o Katri's asking the real questions here. It's a sad day when she's got more of a survival instinct than somebody else.

Ml9fgigv o

4lt3brpp o What?! No! That's not... uh... gwah!? Holmes, you idiot! You hodgepodge! Bandicoot! Fancy-dress fascist! Freshwater politician! Jobbernowl! Kleptomaniac! Molecule of mildew! Nitwitted ninepin! Odd-toed ungulate! Pickled herring! Pithecanthropic! Lily-livered landlubber!

Goddamnit, blue blistering bell-bottomed balderdash! How in the name of all that is holy AND all that is unholy do you suppose we're going to fight...

Pdngqggq oUoiatmxq o

...THIS THING!?

By the way, note the fact that its movement is 5. Everyone in the army except for Tom, Garo, Alicia and the healers on foot moves at, at least, the same pace as Kranion, and we've got a good head start on it, so even the slowpokes would have more than enough time to run. This scenario wouldn't work at all if it wasn't for the explanation I pulled out of my ass to keep the OCs away from the action, because then we could've just, y'know, turned around and left. And even with that "gargoyles behind us!" excuse, it barely even works at all, because I think anyone with some sense of self-preservation would much rather fight some gargoyles than the legendary Witch Dragon.

Holmes, you... you just... why? Why are you the leader and not, I don't know, Shigen?

Uf1uifbn o

Map's really simple. The objective is to open the two chests. Kranion is standing in the middle of the two chests, so Holmes dies really hard if he tries to go for the two chests. Therefore, what is it that we do?

Hncgx558 oYnesifzd oW39i3bde o

We have Katri transform and pray to God that the inevitable Deus Ex Machina happens before she returns to helpless cleric form.

Oz8mh9hi oEucfcqw8 o

Thankfully, Kranion cannot fly, so we can flee north while Katri keeps it occupied. Yeah, we're running north. As opposed to south, which is the direction I'd like to be fleeing towards, but Holmes and the game just won't let me.

D7rjktld oR22rlxvd o

Like so. This Ogre placed itself in a really inconvenient spot, but that's fine.

Jmatyfqe o

That's Kranion's range. Better stray clear of those tiles.

Kwsfhx4n oAhzclxiq o

Instead, we get to watch a Maruj frame that's perhaps even better than the old one. What the hell is that? Is he trying to lecture the skeleton about the ways of the Wind Shrine? It's a skeleton

Zbjh1okl o

Very well.

Mdlvdkrl oEdlm1mgf o

As Katri herself back in chapter 8 and Rachis, all Kranion ever uses is the big blast of fire. However, these guys (as Brightbow once mentioned) have some really rad animations, and it'd be a shame if the game went by and we didn't get to see them. This is actually the only chance we'll get a chance to see Kranion's animations, and I probably won't bother to transform Katri ever again, so let's take a look at both of them right now.

Ri2cntuq oVznlyriy o

But first, this. That's not Maruj's idle pose. Can you spot the differences?

Smtmdnis oWzmqkqmh o

Blizzard gives Maruj just enough of a power boost to finish off the Gargoyle.

Qt1rfjcx o

And the rest just flee.

J8a0d4xi o

All right, here goes! It's completely pointless to use this attack against Kranion, but really, why not?

Fhwyvrrd o

Whoa. Even the background's kick-ass.

1rbym4wa o7x0wbbg7 o

Yeah... if you ever come around to playing this game, please, don't miss the chance to witness this in motion. It's glorious.

9femazlm o

...well, except for the small detail that the Guardian Dragons' fire does the same weird thing as the Dracozombies' fire: it just abruptly vanishes when the enemy gets hit / dodges. Meh.

Rrjxqugq oJe97pj5k oJhetrirm o

Still, beautiful light show, and amazingly detailed sprites. Take a look at that! It's a work of art! A... terrifying... work of art.

Hxsxwqfx o6dnmqpny o

That battle accomplished nothing, but still, pretty eye candy.

Ohwinemd o

C'mon, Kranion, that's no fun.

F3njltm0 oGmf5drer oWzn0t4wo o

Kreiss, man. He's a man on a mission: to find the helpless, blind cleric that he loves. Ergh, a mission he's never going to accomplish by walking into places like this.

Rombadqf oTogfb2tl oEjbdy9vn o

This happens again.

Onxykyxc o

Maruj does some jazz hands and levels up. Let it be a good one, son.

Wqbsgnsx oMd7ifhxe o

I don't understand. It's like being a Mage automatically makes your growths Lee-tier. Heck, Lee's been growing better than any of my Mages! Thank goodness the last Mage is completely foolproof...

Rkec8wip oFrdxzdip o5c7otyrt o

Okily dokily.

Zqtxcpwq oAwcrkvib oVgk8imja o

That's not a very smart skeleton, is it?

Ohjqvyjv o

Ah, finally! The Deus Ex Machina! Took it long enough...

Htqkndvs o

Wait... isn't that...

X1fvor9q oHx4nkwbs o

...oh, fiddlesticks.

W1bjm9gj oCome to me, my love. There's no need to be afraid anymore.

A12rv1ut o

W1bjm9gj oKill them all. There can be no mercy for those who would make my Tita suffer.

4x916faj oAs you command.

Lgrphnfz oNyr9svp5 o

They both run into that cave overthere. I, uh... look, Guenchaos, far be it from me to judge, but... I'm not sure that... works...?

Quick side note, notice the fact that he called Kranion "Tita". Then remember the fact that there's a "Tia" in the game who just so happens to also be a Ledan princess. Make of that what you will.

Uozkmwpw oRacbfljc o

...our situation has not improved.

Tvvyfb71 oJ0kzlgrn o

Holmes, aren't you the least bit worried about the dozens of Gerxel troops that just spawned on top of us?

Zuiu1ctg oJvpyjhtz o0vl0zsh3 o

This is honestly really scary.

Jcpmmory o

...oohh, goodness gracious. I overextended, didn't I. I should've just turtled at the start...

However, if I did that, I would've risked three Witches jumping on top of my units and shredding them. I think we can take them on... and two Witches sounds a lot more manageable. Let's do it!

Dfhh9xm2 o5eyylukz o2rz1gusr o

Oh hey Maruj procced Sol. Nifty.

Txr36uda oU0uo7key o

Time for the big guns. We cannot be dicking around this time!

Gxl9tv5w oElfdvp1a o

I think I may've underestimated these guys.

Xsithhqx o

Yeah... don't think I'll be able to make it to both the Summoner and the Witch.

Vwfbcysv oQpkorn7f oWoj01yrg o

Fine. Everyone else is going bye-bye, at least.

Sf0bffll oMhibdml6 o

She can't steal at range, and it's not worth risking that sort of damage for a chance to take the Nosferatu tome. Urgh... what to do...

4hrzdp1r oAeedkbdu oF7thdiyw o

She sets up this kill for Samson. Not that I wanted to give him or Alicia kills, but I need all hands on deck here.

0rcnq7ym o

I mean, I wasn't going to use you anyway.

Sb9wqj0u oVxnor1lq o

Katri, run back. Run back as fast as you can. I guess I could have had her tear the enemies apart as Neuron, but I really need the healing more.

Mobqaoeq o

Ah, heck... this didn't go as I planned!

Srvo2nfv oXbkg459r o

Piece of...! He even warped one past the mountain and my units! How is this fair? Leaving aside the fact that I knew this would happen, what is a first-time blind player supposed to do against this?! It's bullshit, that's what it is, doggone it!

Jf2htpx4 oDvqnklfm o

Tom gets doubled because the Chu-ko-nu is too heavy for a tank. A tank. A tank can't handle a bow that shoots four times. What, is that thing heavier than the Empire State itself?

2oximhmf o

Shieeet... okay, there's a preeeeeetty good chance that she'll--

Is29wii3 oV9mlgl4x o

GAH!! Oh, no!

9smiephu o

Okay, okay, at least the Bitch was crippled in return...

Ms4cec0t o

...nooooOOOOOH! I swear, we've been dodging throws with better chances than that all game... if THIS one hits, I'm gonna--

Nah, there's no way that deformed rock-thing would succeed. The goddess protecc, remember? Heh...

Heh... heheh...

...nooooooOO--

I64j6zdv o

--OOOOOOAAAAARRRRGHHH! WHAT!? NO, GODDAMNIT, NO! NO! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!? I PAID FOOTBALLMAN THREE GRAND SO THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN!!

Utnjktci o

I THOUGHT THE GODDESS PROTECC! I'VE BEEN HAD! FOOTBALLMAN SCAMMED ME! HE TRICKED ME, THE BASTARD! HE TOOK MY CASH AND DIDN'T ENSURE I WAS INVINCIBLE! I... I! KKKCCHHHHHHHH!

...and what the hell even is that thing behind the enemy there? Is it a glitch? No! It's an editing fuck-up, because I can't see a giant scarf just floating in the middle of the picture! Naaaah I just went "okay, done, it's all perfect, no mishaps to fix, noooo sir" because I'm terrible at everything! FUCK, WHY DID I GO NOOOOORRRTTHHH!?!? NO! I WAS DOING SOOOO WELL...!

Round-headed piece of lying filth... I'm gonna KILL him if I make it back to Blaad!

1evmfmfq o

Which we may very well never do, because I've only three combat units. Tom isn't good enough offensively, and we've got way too many Mages coming at us that completely bypass his great defense. And to top it all off, I have to drag Alicia and Samson's deadweighty asses through this to get loot! Fucking hell! What's with Holmes's route being fucking bullshit!? I'd take another BARBAROSSA, blistering fuckin' barnacles! That one was hard, and I only really won without casualties because I got really lucky at times, but at least that map was well designed! Here they just randomly dumped a thousand enemies on me and called it a day! This chapter relies on the player not knowing what's coming, AND I KNEW WHAT WAS COMING, YET I STILL FELL FOR IT, LIKE THE IDIOT I AM! THIS IS THE THIRD TIME A UNIT I WANTED TO USE DIES, AND ALL THREE OF THEM WERE IN HOLMES'S ROUTE! THE LESSON HERE IS, HOLMES IS THE WORST THING EVER, FUCK HIM, I HOPE HE DIES AT THE END OF THE GAME! VERY PAINFULLY, I MIGHT ADD!

6jezdaom o

GAAAH! STAY AWAY! HAVE YOU NOT HAD ENOUGH ALREADY!?

I25oqdx0 o

Tom?! Hah! You'll never kill him!

Cy42jhxg o

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH 1% CRIT!

Cp9cgnwe o

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH SHE DOUBLEEEEEESSSSHHH!!

He barely survived that! He won't be able to take another round of anything! Why is this going so badly!? Barbarossa was what was supposed to go badly! BAR-BA-ROS-SAAAAA!!!

Sm3sxw53 oSnypfzfj o

SAMSON GETS HIT TOO!? AM I GONNA LOSE THE LOOT TOO!?

Cekcktbt o

...I NEED HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!

Cy3ku1uu o

Cqo4aekh o

Vgzfmous o

Onlvbz7f o

Ufelzcos o

9hidxweh o

Ryejggrf o

1pcdfkye o

Ldj1owgj oDos5xco4 o

Or4oqgph o

Jwfhvbpk o

Imvehhsm o

Kgi3zpw3 o

Xysnu4tk o

J7emnenf o

3bttrm1z o

R5zzoh3l o

Grshl8eg o

Go7oqda3 o

Qa46uof2 o

Csynekhp o

Hk6tzepi o

Hzj2wuyr o

Ujhghtvg o

Jkixlnkz o

Ciu2xlse o

Ywq4zgmp o

Iszbwcql o

Sc9copyd oYaxsjp9l o

Ysan5mjv oPnsa9hwk o

Itmy1ko6 o

G4mwecwn o

...oh!

Ghwnvg8k o

Oh! Oh! Could it be...?

Aaknnyzu o

Yes! The green Cleric and the guy behind the white Sage are Sennet and Neyfa, remember them? These are friendly reinforcements! The game actually listened to my yelling, for once! Maybe this isn't lost yet...!

B0optmk9 o

...okay, we're screwed.

Gifg77uy oWe can't just ignore them, Richard! It's far too dangerous here.

Q3f77wfa o

P1zzgcas o Of course, among the huge team of NPCs, there are some new faces. Here's one of them. I like her. What is it with this Sennet getting all the great designs for himself? Yet here I am, stuck with crap like Shirou, Maerchen, and Arkis.

Cpz3qysn oI agree with Tia. Even if they are a band of thieves, we can't just sit back and let them be devoured by the creatures of Gerxel. Isn't that right, Temujin?

B3brnklm o02libe7l o

0zfd96rn o ...oh, come on! These two kick every single one of my swordies right out of this planet design-wise! Maybe not Shigen. Nah, Shigen's got a particular look going on, I'll give him a pass. But the rest...!

Cpz3qysn oYou're right. Sorry, Mother. Alfred, I'll leave Neyfa to you. Please protect her.

Hpmxpyji o

0zfd96rn o Alfred, huh. We've heard conflicting reports on a man named Alfred. Alicia said he was her dad, then Samson said he was dead, then he turned out to be one of the Six Sages, now there's an Alfred here just following Sennet around... who is this guy?

Cpz3qysn oI will. Neyfa, don't leave Lord Alfred's side until the battle's over, all right?

Zrfcllhj oI won't, Sennet.

Yzsfx7qs oVerna and I will be your vanguard, Prince Sennet. We'll crush these Gerxel dastards into the dirt! Right, Verna?

Rl6mlglm oYes, Princess Resshea! I will not fail you!

P1zzgcas o I'm getting some "Minerva and the Whitewings" vibes out of these two. Lemme guess, Verna's Frau and Martel's sister, isn't she? Oh, that's right, Frau did mention her back when she was ranting about how the Pegasus Knights of Salia are oh-so-awesome.

Yzsfx7qs oGeneral Silva, please help Lord Alfred keep watch over Lady Neyfa.

Gigtqeul o

P1zzgcas o Oh, you're here too! How about you come here and recruit yourself instead? I'd love to have you on the team. And the others, but... especially you. I'm in love with your design... shut up, that's not weird, have you seen that sprite? It's awesome. Probably my favourite FemPaladin portrait.

Rxzf9ksc o

Very well, let's take a look at the reinforcements! Meh... that's not so impressive. I've got a few units who are better than this...

I8nhbtzu oR6yigluu o9l4pk0qa o3cbbtrks oT7ockyvw oAu5iva7s o8c7h7oxl oAlvtodan oL9qo907b o

...hold on a sec. Let me take a moment... I'll just... leave the room for a few secs... be right back at'cha...

...WHY!? WHY DO THEY TEASE ME SO!? WHY DO THEY RUB THESE PEOPLE ALL OVER MY FACE AND THEN THEY ONLY LET ME HAVE FUCKING MAERCHEN AND THAT HUGE BUFFOON THAT IS THE LORD! GODDAMNIT! LIFE'S SO UNFAIR, WHAT A LOAD OF BULL, BLISTERING BARNACLES! AND RIGHT AFTER KRISHNA DIED, TOO! CRAP! BALDERDASH AND PIFFLE, SCREW THIS! GAH!

Dklqjkfo o

Rt3r1hwm o

P7kslkjd o

2uvux6o1 o

Kdqx5k4t oGfzn0vnn o

Zuuh7cwp oHzwr4tkf o

Sgraz4rh oX8rnpoaa o

Qijxofpc o

6dbrcc69 o

Hr8bdg7f o

Nys5xawr o

Xk6kzyfe o

Zv4zdgdj o

Umqtv0hf o

Ukqwb7ul o

4uvuwvud o

All right, I'm back.

So here's one of the really cool aspects about the game's side stories: you actually get to see the offscreen lords' "team". Take a look at those fellows, that's a legit Fire Emblem party right there. They got their mages, their infantry, their mounts, their healer, and even a couple lords in Sennet and Tia. And what lords, too! Poor Runan would be so disheartened if he saw Sennet's stats. Stuff like this helps make them feel less like faces that pop up occasionally and more like actual characters that are off doing relevant things, just like Runan and his army. Meanwhile, we're goofing around guardian dragons for no good reason.

What I'm getting at is, I wish I could play as Sennet instead of Holmes, because even as just an NPC he's more interesting than the blonde dumbass. Urk...

Vylweens oKopqu29h oOe7wxqvu o

Tom isn't going to die. Krishna dying might prove to be interesting, because if we revive her, it's going to trigger a few optional scenes that intrigue me, as I've never witnessed them. I'm actually looking forward to it. However, Tom's death would only mean the team'd be down another bottom-tier badass. I need my bottom-tier badasses, okay? So let's ensure he lives this down.

Now, before you say it, yes, I know I already plan on killing off and reviving Letena to avoid her shenanigans. We'll get to that, today in fact, so be patient.

Kxkjrqxv o

This isn't... she has better offensive stats than my Mages, and she can't fight ever unless it's as a dragon. Woe is me...

Elicrhje o

Die, damn you! Die painfully for daring to hurt my tank!

Cex3v8hg o

And now, let's ensure that ugly little incident does not happen again. I swear, that machine bow has to be the heaviest thing in the world if it makes dark magic of all things double you...

1zbwsq77 oJp7qfkag o

You die too! Krishna's final thunder strike came in handy. A shame we lost those thunderbolts, alongside the shieldblade she was carrying... and her, of course. Can't forget about her. Urgh... can't wait to be able to revive her.

Rne1fyvx oTdvsxmkk o

I hate to do this, but you aren't so bad that a brave tome would be of no use at any point in the game. Have a frag.

Ijmvfkb5 oQlowyhym o

Samson heals, and we're done for now. The situation's dire... the NPCs had better hurry up!

1fie3zrx oIyq8hiz8 o

That's a cool spell, Tia.

Lkl8q0eb oVjjkiozf oFvkevptv o

...jeez, they're shredding those unfortunate fools to pieces!

Bjifw54x oFgxjcg1x o3frcxi9m o

Resshea needed two shots to kill that guy. Pathetic!

Scoqtuda oEbxefpgf oGmb9cgis o

Same goes for Alfred, but I got to see Swarm's map animations, so I can forgive him.

Nri0dd6p o

Silva didn't get to fight... :(

In other news, you piece of trash, what do you think you're doing? Cease your summoning of the mud monsters! That's enough!

6rox53lm o07iwqldg oVec2e443 o

...ah! Ah ah ah! Holmes, don't die, I swear to God! The one good thing about Krishna's death is that her death causes interesting scenes to happen! If you cancel out that one small compensation by dying now and forcing me to just bench her forever...!

I72pszhv o

Too... many... monsters...!

1uvhwzw4 o

A good thing Maruj is awesome, in spite of all the bad levels. Now he's doing the pose Pent does in his official artwork. Seriously, look it up, it's damn near the same thing!

Ghndnbv5 o

That would've been all the more impressive if he actually got hit. Alas...

5r1hoddi oMgxbhx63 oNgn3bi46 o

I swear, these 1% critical chances are driving me nuts...

Idu1szoa oBtsc2khl o

That one frame's awesome. I'm serious, look at it, it's just... so cheeky, the way he raises his finger.

Bupmdvmp oQdpwrtbc o

The Sea Lion: all he does this turn is heal.

Tlrptkqe o

A guy gets Tomth by Tom.

Ltcwyqkz o

Tommy

Emgutjz0 o

Mmph... so tempting... but if I do that, Alicia will be exposed...

Sup5fp0m oTuvmcqmu o

I cannot afford that. She needs to live, at least for a little while.

Ict8eaiv o4cdkhzhr o

Hmm... let's just not attack. Stand your ground, Kreiss!

Ezfuwavq oKydzce1u o

The NPCs do their thing. I like how Resshea stated that she and Verna would be Sennet's vanguard, but Verna's already fallen behind and Richard's just doing what he wants.

Qdpjksti o

Oh, actually, she's heading north with Tia and Temujin.

Y7744xwj oZ6fuciqp oQqdp8rpx o

Whoa, Holmes! Nice job! For once, you're doing something right! Isn't it a most tantalizing feeling? Does it not make you want to do well more often?

0rdjxhcq oC6pjngyf oYd0lr0wn o

Samson, c'mon! You cannot die here! Not when you're so close to seeing her again!

4r45p1zs oWalak5e5 oQ28pr4bb o

Kreiss is the man. Tom, too, but that Witch double scared the bejesus out of me, so... yeah. Still shaken up from that.

V4vh1ods o

I, uh... I'm pretty sure that would've killed him. I have no idea, I failed to take a screenshot of the numbers.

G6zs7fxg o

Look at that! We're completely surrounded! At any rate, I'm glad the chapter isn't so easy that the NPCs are completely redundant. It really does feel like Sennet and co. have come just in time to save our irresponsible asses.

Of course, they did have to cut down on the deployment slots to achieve that effect. If I had my full team here, this would be looking very differently. Still, good effort.

Sozt86jj o

Ahahah... you made a grave mistake approaching Maruj, you fool! It is time for a good-night kiss!

Qmkea803 o

The soft kiss of a massive wind blade, sharp as the deadliest blade, to lead you into the underworld!

In a less grandiose manner... why? Why'd he step forward? Was he trying to whack Maruj over the head with the staff? He can't even stand upright, there's no way he could do anything to him even if he had, I don't know, a zweihänder!

Uwb6crxj o

And then Kreiss gets to stabbing some more groins. Why is that always his default target? Does everybody on Runan's team have a dark side to them or what? Maybe he's practicing for when he finds Letena...

...hot dang I went a lil' bit too far there. No regrets, though! Hwahahahahahahahahcough cough cough cough... cough... haaackk...!

Fyxmhuy3 oU8xy5knb o

Katri does what we should've all done to begin with: turn around and escape back to the filler chapter.

H9u9uuxs o

Oho! Tom's really pulling his weight now. Must be the fear induced by his near-death experience.

Qhlrmbpn o

You've got to be kidding me... one speed away from doubling Gargoyles with the wooden bow, really?

M1bkresj oSe183alo o

Well, then. There goes the bowgun.

T264odnd o

That isn't good, Holmes. Right now you're just Leonie/Raquel, except with a lot less speed and lacking the sheer utility of Leonie's high movement / Raquel's mercy. I don't even like you, so get your act together, goddamnit!

Ieaczbqx o4ecgxmcf oNmbujebv o

NPCs.png

F94bfpns o

Silva and Alfred are staying behind to protect Neyfa, as promised. That's going to be slightly annoying later on.

Ewqmmz25 oQynwtdgd o

Some idiot went after Resshea. Why?

Pucoyxxf oL3quqg2g oA7in2j9v o

Holmes got hit this time around, but only once. Attadumb!

7bs9cbfo o

...HOLY SHIT, BLISTERING TOMATOES, THAT'S ALMOST ALL HIS HEALTH!

Mjieboqs o

Samson can't keep up. As good as his bases are, he's getting demolished more and more each turn. I fear for his life...

1hrzbqm4 o

...ACK

Xo29mjqk oJs90xfo4 o

Phew... that could've been really bad.

Gop3ikgw oGxy41f3o o3ptpgxm0 o

I'd really like to know why these guys persist on attacking Kreiss and Tom. As if they were ever going to do anything to them! The Witches are gone, they cannot be harmed anymore!

Ayowr24p oMjsqhrzr o

The rest of the enemy advances. One Ogre goes after Temujin. If you remember, Temujin was the name of one of the Six Warriors. A simple Ogre isn't going to bring one of those down!

Rynozk1k o

No mercy! These enemies are so annoying!

77otzdzt o

So are you, you useless little rat. I hate that I need you today.

I63r9xcp oWfxohefz oCjykgrsr o

You know, at some point I should've remembered to make Holmes switch to the lighter wooden bow, but eh, it didn't matter anyways. Those three enemies around him could not kill him.

97zdpfof oDik8dfkb oLrwdanpq o

Begone, you wretch! You nearly killed my brave axe!

Bkmqlte6 o

Fun fact: I nearly posted the update without this screenshot. As I said below the title, I've had some tiresome days and I was feeling rather drowsy when I wrote this last chunk of the update. It didn't help that all the action was really samey, or that this level this lame. Please... I mean, he's better than a good chunk of my army, offensively, and 7 def / 32 HP is pretty good for a Sage. I wouldn't worry too much about him yet. But still! Get a grip, kid! I like those green arrows!

4nfbyyd4 o

I'm still positively flabbergasted by how well this man turned out. With any luck, this next level will only continue his tradition of being the LP's surprise badass.

Buqzmjym o

Vantage! That's really, really cool. And I spy, with my little eye, a good level behind the skill gain!

Yawayd74 o

...ohohohohohohohohahahahahahahahahahahahah! Join the club, Kreiss. Lot, Marcus and Matthis made cookies, just for you!

Fzfpafib o

He even got a new nickname from that level. Now he's... the Swift Winds? But isn't he supposed to be the "Slow yet Strong" Paladin? I mean, he isn't, but he's meant to be.

7cmhuhlk oAd7g4eo7 o

Done for now. Things are looking up. Samson's still breathing, anyway.

Aflvke8d oMvcfpmtj oLzicwzen o

The NPCs just generally mop up the floor with the enemies. More interesting is the fact that Richard's making his way towards us. How ironic, that the AI would send him of all people to rescue us. He has a conversation with Holmes, which I can only imagine will lead to a heartwarming, teary reunion and romantic midnight kisses.

Lbqubl6b oRjkyx9xg oHazqwsca o

But for that to happen, you must survive, Holmes! Come now, how can you not be looking forward to seeing Richard again?

Pjufpugy oPh1cppfg o

Damnable crits... just watch, I'm going to get double critted by one of these before the game's over.

Bht1qafx o

Eh. Garo's better.

Sgdfgp5d o

Come on, just one more turn! Richard's right there, he'll handle things!

...It... does not feel very reassuring to have to rely on Richard of all guys... but still, I'm sure the AI will force him to be a nice guy for once.

N5tqwtss oU9u0bkro o7b4a3pux o

Whatever. The remaining Gargoyles went after Tom instead of Alicia for some reason... I initially thought it was because, instead of the basic thunder tome, she had Dire Thunder equipped this turn. They were too scared to go after her. Even though they could probably have killed her, given enough critical hits. Eh, that's a fair explanation, right?

0u3ru2bc oPtlfklmz o

Well, then one went after Maruj and Sylph, and I just... I have no idea. AI shenanigans, again. They were funny the first three times. Now they just help me breathe steadily.

Dqhz8nts o

Our turn now. First things first, Samson heals as usual.

Avft5fib o7lhqdxdf oRrlcxvyd o

And now, the home stretch has begun, everybody! Give it all you've got!

Q5szhqic oBy7r8hex oBioj9gxt o

Yeah! It's over.

Jv9omr69 oMiqxwnbh o

Sure, it may not look like it, but it's over.

Jf5lgigt o

Katrina took some punishment last turn, which Neyfa heals with her Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure. Dunno why, but the Ogres and Gargoyles decided to focus Katrina over everybody else.

Num4ft2e oYhbuqpoc o

And what do you know, the first to actually come our way to aid us is Richard. Maybe he's not such a bad guy, after all... Resshea follows suit.

Hucn8sle o

Samson is the only one who gets attacked this turn, and he can take that.

Mroa0j8t oMtcneslw o

I wanted to save up that last Gargoyle for someone who actually could use the kill, but I'm afraid we won't be able to do that.

Bpg0acxo o

So Kreiss just seals the deal himself. 20 more exp for the best Paladin is something I can get behind.

K6fikeyq o

All right! We survived. Not all of us, of course, but... oh, well. Life goes on. Go thank Richard for his help, Holmes.

R6sh459c o

Holmes, he saved your ass. You're alive thanks in great part to him.

Qzahd60o o

Not to mention, he has a point. I'm still waiting for you to tell me what we're doing here, exactly.

Eeahf63j o

...never mind, he's an idiot still.

7dy5cgyb o

And then it just ends.

Brilliant. 10/10. Beautiful character development, right there. I wish more FE games had a fully playable sidestory where everyone's a terminal dummkopf.

Tbkt9dg8 o32u5rdmr oYywi6jrw o

And with that, the NPCs are done cleaning up. All that remains is the rest of the conversations.

Woxxnnmx o5i1ggf96 o

First off, Sami and Katrina.

Jmdoere2 oDom3g19k o

He's probably covered in blood, cuts and has half his intestines lying around back where that one mage nearly gutted him with a Swarm spell.

Fwhksugy oI'm glad I ran into you. Here, I've been holding on to this axe for you for a while now. I found it when we were taking Istoria. Pretty nice, huh?

Lpoxzha4 oYeah, this is really well-made!

Fwhksugy oSee you around, Samson. I hope you can come back soon!

Lpoxzha4 oAs do I.

Tgokxape o

You might as well go back right now, I'm not using you anyways. Besides, you're never going to touch this one.

2rssvesn o

Can you see that? I think if you look hard enough, you'll notice it has the name "GARO" engraved all over its blade. I wonder what that's all about...

1886syzb o

And in case you haven't had enough great axes for one day, here's another one!

0golrbwh oEyioq1ny o

This is basically the Schram, except mightier and with nearly a hundred uses, but heavier and less accurate. It also doesn't force you to use Edgeman alongside it, which is a huge plus in my book.

Qrkf6s3h o

Now, I could open the last chest, but I brought Alicia here for a reason. Here, let me just... skip all the boring walking...

Bsmjmgml o

Alfred! Let's see if we can uncover more confusing details about your personage.

Ak7slc2u oGnro2f7j o

Kuetqgdh oNo, it wasn't that. I just needed to understand... To understand why you couldn't love her... Why you were always so secretive... I needed to know who you really were.

Slulcp6k oAnd did you find the answers you sought?

Kuetqgdh oYes, I did... I learned about your wife and children, how they were still waiting for you. I realized how torn you must've been inside... And so I'm trying to forgive you, but...

Oo6phtjv o

Slulcp6k oAlicia, about Nina...

Kuetqgdh oStop it! Don't talk about my mother!

Slulcp6k oIf you insist... But at the very least, I want you to have this. It's Sylph, my own wind magic.

Kuetqgdh oSylph!? But why would you...

Slulcp6k oThink of it as a memento from me. It's about all I can do for you now...

Kuetqgdh o......

Lgkk36ip o

Well, that was... actually a pretty damn awesome conversation. Don't forget that Sylpheed said that there are only two of this tome, the one Maruj has and... his father's.

Looks like we've just found out why Alicia was such a bitch to him way back when. One of them was abandoned by him, and the other one only met a cold, uncaring man... I look forward to finding out more about Alfred.

Serh8bvn o

In any case, it's time to end this. The Darkruon is ours!

Or8ls8pi o

This mess of glitched characters is attempting to convey to us that the Dakruon has been sent to the convoy and that it cannot be moved from there.

So what's the Dakruon? The Darkruon, ladies and gentlemen, is this game's very own Aum staff. We cannot use it until we go to a special place, but once there, it'll revive dead characters. And you know the best part? It has 3 uses. 3. Even after the Letena trick, we'll still have two shots left to use as we wish. We've still a ways to go before we get there, but I'm pretty sure Krishna'll get the second charge (unless something terrible happens), and I'll leave the last one up to you guys. I'm not asking you to choose right now, we still have a bunch of chapters before we make it to the reviving spot, but I want you to keep this in mind.

Now, those three conversations I got weren't the only ones that can be seen, of course. There's one between Silva and San, Verna with Frau and Martel, one with Raffin and Resshea... I'd have loved to see these ones, but sadly, I made a mistake: when I save my game, I keep a chapter save and a map save. Well, not this time. I effed up and saved over both my saves after beating the chapter. A pity, but I suppose it'll just be an incentive for you guys to play the game yourselves. And for me to replay it once more!

In any case, that's it! I hope you enjoyed this... admittedly, very grim update, and with that, I bid you farewell. Next time, Holmes's route stops making no sense at all and we actually get... an objective? Who could've foreseen this!? You can't miss that, Holmes is about to do something for a reason! I hope I'll see you all then!

Death count: Attrom
                        Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna

Reset count: 2 (Runan: 1 - Katri: 1)

Dullahan's done with my incompetence: 3

The NPC's stats don't even tell the whole story. Some of those weapons are pretty hilarious on their own. Especially the Leda Lance. Like the Shramm it halves damage and deals effective damage against monsters. But it's also far stronger and accurate, has 1-2 range and a ludicrous durability of 80.

Anyway, I did not expect for this of all maps to turn into such a mess. For some reason you went from "Why can't we run away!" to "Just charge straight at them!".
This went so badly, you are lucky that only Krishnea died. And here I was hoping she would die because you would forget to take the Thunder Sword off her.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was but a fleeting minute, but young Alm had never seen a woman before. He then spent the following years reminiscing about her. Reminiscing very hard.

Mycen didn't have the heart to tell him to stop. He knew the struggle all too well...

Ouch, Faye will get out all her knives for that comment.

On the other hand, Mycen has never hinted at being interested by a woman.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're the chosen one, Dayni. The chosen one by Maruj, new Sage of Wind.

I mean, I didn't think he was pointing at me, but still.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Muvphmfm oMaybe it was like you at one point, but that would've been a long time ago. For decades, Kranion has rampaged across Leda Valley massacring every living thing. Now it's no different from those monsters we just fought.

I have to wonder, would the dragon age in human years?

So does she die in human years? It would mean Leda would be finally freed from Kranion in some time.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holmes, you... you just... why? Why are you the leader and not, I don't know, Shigen?

I mean, who's the prince here?

It's not Shigen, is it?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Kwsfhx4n oAhzclxiq o

Instead, we get to watch a Maruj frame that's perhaps even better than the old one. What the hell is that? Is he trying to lecture the skeleton about the ways of the Wind Shrine? It's a skeleton

Imagine if this was in an era where Youtube was a thing.

SKELETON DESTROYED WITH FACTS AND LOGIC

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Fhwyvrrd o

I think I'm going to go ahead and put some music on for this.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Jhetrirm o

Still, beautiful light show, and amazingly detailed sprites. Take a look at that! It's a work of art! A... terrifying... work of art.

What happened to Kranion's arms?

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Hx4nkwbs o

...oh, fiddlesticks.

Oh shit, it turns out he's the dragonlayer!

Well, Nergal ripped him off after all. :P I would argue not quite, but hey I think we'll let Guenchaos show the scale of his plan first.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Dvqnklfm o

Tom gets doubled because the Chu-ko-nu is too heavy for a tank. A tank. A tank can't handle a bow that shoots four times. What, is that thing heavier than the Empire State itself?

The Chu-ko-nu is made from Osmium I guess.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
I64j6zdv o

--OOOOOOAAAAARRRRGHHH! WHAT!? NO, GODDAMNIT, NO! NO! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!? I PAID FOOTBALLMAN THREE GRAND SO THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN!!

THE GODDESS DIDN'T PROTEC

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Utnjktci o

I THOUGHT THE GODDESS PROTECC! I'VE BEEN HAD! FOOTBALLMAN SCAMMED ME! HE TRICKED ME, THE BASTARD! HE TOOK MY CASH AND DIDN'T ENSURE I WAS INVINCIBLE! I... I! KKKCCHHHHHHHH!

...and what the hell even is that thing behind the enemy there? Is it a glitch? No! It's an editing fuck-up, because I can't see a giant scarf just floating in the middle of the picture! Naaaah I just went "okay, done, it's all perfect, no mishaps to fix, noooo sir" because I'm terrible at everything! FUCK, WHY DID I GO NOOOOORRRTTHHH!?!? NO! I WAS DOING SOOOO WELL...!

Round-headed piece of lying filth... I'm gonna KILL him if I make it back to Blaad!

I guess she got rocked.

RIP Krishna.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1evmfmfq o

Which we may very well never do, because I've only three combat units. Tom isn't good enough offensively, and we've got way too many Mages coming at us that completely bypass his great defense. And to top it all off, I have to drag Alicia and Samson's deadweighty asses through this to get loot! Fucking hell! What's with Holmes's route being fucking bullshit!? I'd take another BARBAROSSA, blistering fuckin' barnacles! That one was hard, and I only really won without casualties because I got really lucky at times, but at least that map was well designed! Here they just randomly dumped a thousand enemies on me and called it a day! This chapter relies on the player not knowing what's coming, AND I KNEW WHAT WAS COMING, YET I STILL FELL FOR IT, LIKE THE IDIOT I AM! THIS IS THE THIRD TIME A UNIT I WANTED TO USE DIES, AND ALL THREE OF THEM WERE IN HOLMES'S ROUTE! THE LESSON HERE IS, HOLMES IS THE WORST THING EVER, FUCK HIM, I HOPE HE DIES AT THE END OF THE GAME! VERY PAINFULLY, I MIGHT ADD!

Also, Oh fuck Julia has to step up.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Or4oqgph oJwfhvbpk oImvehhsm o

I guess losing was the right call.

Shame explaining feelings is a bitch and a half.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Xysnu4tk oJ7emnenf o

.....Now might not be the best time to laugh.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Qa46uof2 o

At least he had some sense.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ciu2xlse o

I think I got his laugh.

Also, SURPRISE, SOME BITCH BOUT TO DIE.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes! The green Cleric and the guy behind the white Sage are Sennet and Neyfa, remember them? These are friendly reinforcements! The game actually listened to my yelling, for once! Maybe this isn't lost yet...!

B0optmk9 o

...okay, we're screwed.

I can't help but think Narcian's heroes VA would be perfect for Rich here.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
B3brnklm o02libe7l o

0zfd96rn o ...oh, come on! These two kick every single one of my swordies right out of this planet design-wise! Maybe not Shigen. Nah, Shigen's got a particular look going on, I'll give him a pass. But the rest...!

Shigen leaves the party.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Rxzf9ksc o

Very well, let's take a look at the reinforcements! Meh... that's not so impressive. I've got a few units who are better than this...

I8nhbtzu oR6yigluu o9l4pk0qa o3cbbtrks oT7ockyvw oAu5iva7s o8c7h7oxl oAlvtodan oL9qo907b o

...hold on a sec. Let me take a moment... I'll just... leave the room for a few secs... be right back at'cha...

I'll take note that three of these have no title.

So they'd be never recruitable.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rt3r1hwm o

STOP TEARING ME APART RUBEN

Also Sid too if you'd be kind.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Nys5xawr o

Xk6kzyfe o

It's not like Ruben killed Sid though. All this lightning is making me concerned somebody will get thunderstruck.

He'll probably do that to Albertus at this rate.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So here's one of the really cool aspects about the game's side stories: you actually get to see the offscreen lords' "team". Take a look at those fellows, that's a legit Fire Emblem party right there. They got their mages, their infantry, their mounts, their healer, and even a couple lords in Sennet and Tia. And what lords, too! Poor Runan would be so disheartened if he saw Sennet's stats. Stuff like this helps make them feel less like faces that pop up occasionally and more like actual characters that are off doing relevant things, just like Runan and his army. Meanwhile, we're goofing around guardian dragons for no good reason.

What I'm getting at is, I wish I could play as Sennet instead of Holmes, because even as just an NPC he's more interesting than the blonde dumbass. Urk...

Again, Kaga's ambition does not match his product.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now, before you say it, yes, I know I already plan on killing off and reviving Letena to avoid her shenanigans. We'll get to that, today in fact, so be patient.

......You have my curiosity.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then Kreiss gets to stabbing some more groins. Why is that always his default target? Does everybody on Runan's team have a dark side to them or what? Maybe he's practicing for when he finds Letena...

...hot dang I went a lil' bit too far there. No regrets, though! Hwahahahahahahahahcough cough cough cough... cough... haaackk...!

It's not even useful on these golems.

Besides, that's not how that kind of piercing works. Maybe Kreiss will have to ask Arkis for advice, considering how much of a dick he is already.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
77otzdzt o

So are you, you useless little rat. I hate that I need you today.

Man her speed's bad.

I know Rein's is bad in Heroes, but you don't have the same type of stat concerns.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Yawayd74 o

...ohohohohohohohohahahahahahahahahahahahah! Join the club, Kreiss. Lot, Marcus and Matthis made cookies, just for you!

Strength would have been just the cherry.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Fzfpafib o

He even got a new nickname from that level. Now he's... the Swift Winds? But isn't he supposed to be the "Slow yet Strong" Paladin? I mean, he isn't, but he's meant to be.

I'm trying to remember, I think it's because he got enough speed for it.

Course, with some of your units they're close to double that.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Lbqubl6b oRjkyx9xg oHazqwsca o

But for that to happen, you must survive, Holmes! Come now, how can you not be looking forward to seeing Richard again?

>Hears Richard is coming

muvpHMfM_o.png"Fuck it, I'll accept the embrace of death more than I ever could his."

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
R6sh459c o

Holmes, he saved your ass. You're alive thanks in great part to him.

muvpHMfM_o.png"Doesn't mean I'll let him have it over me"

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Jmdoere2 oDom3g19k o

He's probably covered in blood, cuts and has half his intestines lying around back where that one mage nearly gutted him with a Swarm spell.

There's his wife.

I guess this version of Dorcas and Natalie are a more capable duo, especially Katrina.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
2rssvesn o

Can you see that? I think if you look hard enough, you'll notice it has the name "GARO" engraved all over its blade. I wonder what that's all about...

I think you missed the N there.

Is this supposed to be Garon's axe before he got Bolverk?

I'd rather Fates not be involved, but any way to set you off......

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
0golrbwh oEyioq1ny o

This is basically the Schram, except mightier and with nearly a hundred uses, but heavier and less accurate. It also doesn't force you to use Edgeman alongside it, which is a huge plus in my book.

This is the metal for you.

It's like Swanchika actually, only less broken.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Well, that was... actually a pretty damn awesome conversation. Don't forget that Sylpheed said that there are only two of this tome, the one Maruj has and... his father's.

Looks like we've just found out why Alicia was such a bitch to him way back when. One of them was abandoned by him, and the other one only met a cold, uncaring man... I look forward to finding out more about Alfred.

Alfred: man of many broken families.

Somehow I don't think he'll be sympathetic.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
This mess of glitched characters is attempting to convey to us that the Dakruon has been sent to the convoy and that it cannot be moved from there.

So what's the Dakruon? The Darkruon, ladies and gentlemen, is this game's very own Aum staff. We cannot use it until we go to a special place, but once there, it'll revive dead characters. And you know the best part? It has 3 uses. 3. Even after the Letena trick, we'll still have two shots left to use as we wish. We've still a ways to go before we get there, but I'm pretty sure Krishna'll get the second charge (unless something terrible happens), and I'll leave the last one up to you guys. I'm not asking you to choose right now, we still have a bunch of chapters before we make it to the reviving spot, but I want you to keep this in mind.

Now, those three conversations I got weren't the only ones that can be seen, of course. There's one between Silva and San, Verna with Frau and Martel, one with Raffin and Resshea... I'd have loved to see these ones, but sadly, I made a mistake: when I save my game, I keep a chapter save and a map save. Well, not this time. I effed up and saved over both my saves after beating the chapter. A pity, but I suppose it'll just be an incentive for you guys to play the game yourselves. And for me to replay it once more!

Oh shit, I didn't remember that. Well, I'll wait and see who else has died.

Also, shame on those convos.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ihhjich3 o

May, I just say that this is art. You captured my essence perfectly. ''Tis like looking in an admittedly higher resolution mirror. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to make this my avi (just the Butter thing). 

Nah, but in all seriousness, that's fair enough. In fact, I think I'll do it. I'll give Arkis a level, just for you. Just, not today. You were late, so I shall be late as well.

You sir, are a Saint, a Saint Rubenio in the truest form, a jolly good sport. Makes the pun I have to make feel even more douchebaggy.

Lily-livered landlubber!

landlubber
/ˈlandlʌbə/
noun
INFORMAL
  1. a person unfamiliar with the sea or sailing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Holmes have like a boat of pirates seafarers? Y'know like the kind you use for sailing? Y'know like on water

5eyylukz o

ANGRY BOY MARUJ. The red skittle has been found

Utnjktci o

Looks like she got Crushna'd by that golem's fist.

I'm sorry. 

Ruben, I'm afraid that I must break the news to you. You never finished the ritual. You left before the blessing was complete. You only allowed The G to may, not The Godess to protec. There is only so much Footballman can give to those who do not listen. It, was only a matter of time. I'm sorry for your loss. 

He has a conversation with Holmes, which I can only imagine will lead to a heartwarming, teary reunion and romantic midnight kisses.

Romantic midnight kisses with Dick

Edgeman... I don't think there's anybody in your army like that. Although I think there was a shopkeeper some ways back that matched that description. 

Next time, Holmes's route stops making no sense at all and we actually get... an objective? Who could've foreseen this!?

Logical goals? In my Holmes' route!?

I have no idea what that donation stuff is even there for. Well, besides tricking players into thinking it might get the priest to trust them with Lyria.

Edited by BrightBow

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Roger The Paladin The Knight The Dragonslayer The Virgin The Boyfriend of The Mel The Troubadour...

Man, we're really getting a lot of mileage out of that one typo.

By the end of this LP, his name will be a mile long. Half of it "The".

...except that wasn't even an update title, it's the effing thread title that pops up next to the user's name every time someone posts something here!

To be fair, some of us were totally unaware of Guac & Nachos'  at the time the thread started, and had begun to take the thread's name for granted by the time he showed up.

Axes are the way to go in that game. They do a Lot of damage.

I can't beLeeve we didn't make a Lot of puns last LP.

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, in my case, Cain got a random crit while I was trying to set up the kill for Matthis. It's not a problem. Matthis was never in for the glory. He just wanted to die as one of the dashing instead of one of the dastardly. And boy was he ever dashing. The dashingest! Maria has no taste in men. Although, in SD, Marth is pretty amazing, I agree.

Main point was he got to "kill" Michalis. Which was something I'd planned to work a way out to do from the start, because of Matthis backstory. After all, Matthis joining you was on account of his being drafted and sent to the frontlines, else he'd have been living a peaceful life in Macedon. Letting Michalis fall because he royally screwed up by sending a good man to die on the frontlines is poetic justice at it's finest.

...how come you knew the acid was only water? Did you drop some on yourself or an object? Did you dip your finger into it? Did you try to end it all, and since it didn't work, you decided you might as well use that chance to gain popularity?

The bit at the start where I said I helped set up the experiment in lunch. I knew the acid was water because I filled the "acid" containers myself, as the teacher explained we were using water because the experiment didn't require acid and it was supposed to be about learning caution... which I violated horribly as a joke. It's the surest way after all.

You're obsessed. Go get a doctor. Me? Nah, it's only natural to hate horsemen. Horsemen should be deported. They take jobs from hard-working people of our countr(ies).

By reducing their villages to rubble so there's no jobs there because no one lives in rubble. Send them all to Antarctica I reckon. No towns to raid there.

My last Clive turned out great in Echoes. I mean, after playing through Gaiden a good five times and Echoes for the third, I finally got to take this guy into the final battle and have him contribute instead of wasting a slot better used on someone else. As it stands, that makes Booey, Luthier and Nomah the only characters that I've never been able to get to work for that. Speed related issues of course.

Ihhjich3 o

This is unironically how I'm going to picture Pengaius from now on. Though his avatar change probably helps.

Look, it's benchies! They're coming along today. What for, you'll see.

This better not go pear-shaped for Samson. I actually like that guy from the little bit we've seen of him.

Ml9fgigv o

Holmes just took all the arguments that female lords make the biggest mistakes (Celica and Eirika) and decided to disprove them decisively. Thanks Holmes.

Utnjktci o

Why couldn't it have been Alicia?

Now I must know how you're planning this.

V4vh1ods o

I, uh... I'm pretty sure that would've killed him. I have no idea, I failed to take a screenshot of the numbers.

Guess the Goddess Protec after all.

Brilliant. 10/10. Beautiful character development, right there. I wish more FE games had a fully playable sidestory where everyone's a terminal dummkopf.

Going to admit, at this point I can't help but wish Holmes would canonically die from that "terminal" stupidity instead of dragging everyone else in his party to their demise.

t'll revive dead characters. And you know the best part? It has 3 uses. 3. Even after the Letena trick, we'll still have two shots left to use as we wish. We've still a ways to go before we get there, but I'm pretty sure Krishna'll get the second charge (unless something terrible happens), and I'll leave the last one up to you guys. I'm not asking you to choose right now, we still have a bunch of chapters before we make it to the reviving spot, but I want you to keep this in mind.

Well, if Lee, Tom or The Roger bite it... which I'm hoping won't, you know who I'd vote for. If not, we'll see.

You can't miss that, Holmes is about to do something for a reason! I hope I'll see you all then!

But that contradicts everything we knew about Holmes. Are you sure he wasn't replaced in the fight by someone else?

Just reached the 3rd route split. Here are my top 5 for each route,

Spoiler

Runan's route -

1. Norton    While not as strong offensively as San, he is much more useful because of his high defense.

2. San    She has every offensive stat at above 20 and 13 defense... although she is at lv 27, while others are around 20.

3. Raphael    While I didn't use him much, he has been really useful for the few chapters I used him.

4. Raquel    Best support unit in the game, currently replaced her with Leonie because she reached lv 30.

5. Rishel    I needed to give him the magic and speed boosters to avoid early promoting, but he is still very good.

Sasha, Raffin, Samson, Mintz and Runan would be among top 10.

Holmes' route -

1. Lionel    10 move with 16 at every stat except 17 defense and 15 luck... at lv 25.

2. Tom    My Tom got 18 defense along with 13 strength and 15 speed. 3 move keeps him away from the 1st spot.

3. Maruj    Currently my best mage... at least till I promote Rishel.

4. Sierra    While her other stats aside from magic is pretty bad, her unique skill more than makes up for it.

5. Shigen    He is no.5 even though he has similar stats as Vega, who isn't even in top 10 of Runan's route...

Holmes, Frau, Bud, Shirou and Lionheart would be top 10.
Yeah, I am using Shirou and he is a bit faster but weaker Lionheart, both are currently at lv 20. IMO, he is not very good but all my other cavaliers turned out really bad so he got to promote.

Special mentions - Lee, Garo, Plum, Leonie and Rennie were pretty useful as well.

So, here is a question before I actually start 3rd route split, is it possible to teach the free skills from Yr to Runan's units or should I teach them to Homes's units before leaving the island?

Edit, completely forgot to put it in spoilers... sorry about that.

Edited by ranger016

THE RANDOM COMMENTS OF UNASSUMING FORUM MEMBERS Hawkwing | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've had some really tiresome days. I hope the quality of the update won't be affected. I got lost once, and nearly went back and reposted the same 20 or so shots with different commentary. Here's hoping I didn't do it elsewhere without noticing.

I'm not surprised, honestly. Almost everyone I've talked to has had a busy week, myself included.

559vb3ji o

Why does Caillou have a right hand on his left arm? And was I one of the few kids to actually enjoy the show?

Granted, I haven't seen anything related to it in years, but still.

Frankly, I think there are worse things in that movie. Admittedly, Indy surviving a nuclear explosion by getting into a fridge is a bit of a step above guy pulling hearts with his bare hand, or a guy turning 1000 years old in ten seconds, but still. The nuclear thingy isn't as bad as Shia Lebouf dancing among the monkeys.

I've forgotten nearly everything about the movie, honestly. All I remember was there was a crystal skull, man-eating ants that scared the heck out of me the first (and only) time I watched the movie, the waterfall joke, the joke about Indy getting old that I swear I was the only one that liked, and Indy's stories about being a spy during World War 2 would have made a much more interesting movie than the one we got.

Smash bros potentially features a deeply depressed, arguably insane child beating a helpless little puppy to death with a stick. "Less disturbing".

And then the fucking dog uses that shitty ass fishing move and it annoys the crap out of me by grabbing my butt from the other side of the map and just flinging me! Now THAT move is the really disturbing part!

I was talking about Snorlax's trophy description in Brawl.

Still, I'm surprised that "Super Smash Bros out of context" isn't a thing yet.

I'd lose sleep wondering if that thing on the potato's face is a mustache or something else. That's what it looks like, but it makes no sense!

It's a mustache, and he's not the only one who has one. It's probably made out of grass, considering the creatures disguise themselves as it.

Footballman would be his Alfred, and, uh... I guess Holmes could settle for Robin?

That'd be the perfect opportunity for a scene where Richard cracks his skull open with a crowbar and leaves him with Barbarossa to blow up. All things considered, it's perfect.

Meaning that Richard will never die except by his own stupidity (and sometimes not even that). Or old age. Or by ticking off this worlds version of Superman, thus leading to a dystopia and alternate universe fighting game shenanigans.

Also, I get the sense that Barbossa will keep his great respect while being a major source of black humor.

B-But that'd be so hard to code! It'd take at least two ifs! They don't have time for that, they need to start to work on the DLCs that will only be unlocked months after the game's been released!

Well, they did give every different quotes for casual and classic modes, event he characters that live afterwards (Anachronic Glasses Mom, for example, goes from "General observation of my injures dictates I should retreat" to "Screw WAR! I'm doing SCIENCE instead!"), and to be fair Virions falls into the "too injured to keep fighting" category. It's still lazy that they didn't give him an extra death line after his story relevance is gone, though.

And at least they put some genuine effort into the DLC, to the point it convinced Nintendo it could be done right, for better or worse. The quality of if is certainly higher than that of the other Fire Emblem 3DS games. Never bought any of it, though.

Oh, yeah? Give me the High Ground's backstory, then. I was tempted to ask for info about Deathsticks at first, but I have a feeling that one does have a story to it. Surely they couldn't have been mad enough to write anything about the High Ground, right? I'd love them if they did, but...

I looked it up and... there is a legit place called Highground in the Star Wars universe.

Darth Vader may have also built a castle over the high ground to overlook his failures and taunt Obi-Wan. When Luke tried a similar tactic, Darth Vader threw his lightsaber instead.

Bitch, please, I can take some weirdness. I love Hotline Miami! Except there, it doesn't get any less fucked up when you know the context.

Funnily enough, in one of the very few group chats I was in, someone said "I love homicide!" out of context. Take a guess what they were playing.

AAAaaaaaaaaaah!!! So THAT was the pun! I just thought it was a creative addition to the phrase "chaos reigns". The title is even more clever now and has multiple alternative meanings!

...which are, in most cases, absolutely amazing! I swear, even in games as mundanely-looking as the DS titles, dark magic found ways to be glorious. Swarm, Imhullu and Glower are some of the best looking spells in Marth's games, and they all have that dark aesthetic to them (even if there's no Trinity of Magic proper in the DS games).

I see. I suppose it's only in the 3DS games where they're lackluster (although the normal spells look just fine). Well, actually they aren't that bad in Echoes, so it might just be my gripes about how the Mire spell hits like a magical truck, has 3 range, is a common enemy spell, and most of all, is a giant purple bubble! Nothing makes me so dedicated towards giving archanists a violent death than them simply having the spell! And you can't get it except through DLC, which is pointless because the overclasses are really only useful (if even obtainable) in the post game!

Hmmm... so I'm basically "insane old man who's occasionaly a whiny bearded man that cannot play FE worth a damn"?

More "an eccentric lets player that is good at writing tragicomedy who's luck is entertainingly all over the place and has made great accomplishments both amazing and embarrassing and strives forward no matter how hard it gets."

Let us all rejoice.

Image result for and there was much rejoicing

Especially since this one won't be as short.

Because Maruj is awesome and has fangirls, unlike Alicia who is crappy and has no fangirls. Need I say more?

...Why would Alicia have fangirls?

Ah, don't worry, it's going right back to being usual me and TRS today. Take that as you will.

I was about to say that maybe your hostage taker should play the game and you comment on it, but then this whole thing wouldn't have been so entertaining.

Really? Come now, download paint.net. It's served me well all these years! Here, allow me to enlighten you...

Thanks for the recommendation of a product. I shall check it out and perhaps even use it in the near future.

*Eugens Election*

Magnificent.

Spoiler

I was originally planning to do a runner-up joke about Eugen passing a law to get Runan to smile, but my attempts at it, though funny, felt a little too out of character for both of them. As for what said law was:

ligXioyaraZ5CgHwipYpjtEmKApzSBSBzvBzh7Bhxn3YUtVA4jsQtKI7FDgqf2PVPRAhsaCuXXTR4CvGPZjXgAwSRwjhKfAt-aRlZx6Kj-XmYKrBAm4nDNDNFtjaVZqXIBlIohp0

This is probably my favorite one in the game, with a lot of runner ups (using a UFO tractor with lasers for farming, having underwater weaving classes for the elderly, using flying monkeys to help those struggling with money, and many, many more). I just have too much fun picturing the loads of grumpy characters in fiction that would be forced to watch cat videos and go to trampoline parks against their will. As well as what the discussion for creating most of these laws were.

Hey, look at the bright side. At least you know how to do that fancy thing where you mention people's names and they get a notification. All these years of lurking, occasionally posting and LPing, and I still haven't figured it out.

You put the @ in front of their username.

Eh, part of it is obsession. Part of it is me trying to see if anyone else has played the game. But most of it is because there are some legitimately good ideas there that I could see working extremely well in a Fire Emblem game with a few tweaks, but it can be hard to talk about when someone doesn't have context for the events, and when said context is weird.

And just saying the idea isn't really enough. After all, if I told you that Karl Steiner being the slowest attacker is an interesting idea for a swordsmaster who's actually not all that fast, but makes up for it with a high crit, would that really mean anything to you? Or Robin being in the defensive class not because he's strong or heavily armored, but because he knows how to take a hit? Or how Levi is an entertaining and heartwarming example of a "unrequited love" character than anyone else in Fire Emblem, or that Gerald is a good example of how to give a fighter character multiple layers while still hanging on to the boisterous personality? Interesting ideas, yes, but they loose their weight without personal experience.

...AND WHY DOES EVERY TIME I BRING UP THE GAME, I END UP WRITING SEVERAL PARAGRAPHS?!?! Seriously, this has happened to me enough times, I'm starting to get worried! Maybe I really do need a doctor...

Honestly, Clive isn't actually that bad. What people are really complaining about is how every other cavalier does his job and does it better. He is still very worthwhile to use, but it's hard for him to match up with his competition.

Ihhjich3 o

I find this picture to be simultaneously very funny and very creepy.

Ujt31h4r o

The first thing the game does, right before the text, is highlight the big dragon in the middle of the map. Ah, I'm sure Tom could take it on.

I was expecting something a little more... noteworthy about something called the witch dragon. Then again, it looks just like slime Duma, so maybe they're hinting this is a final or penultimate boss?

0zfd96rn o We know this already... it was you who told us! Stop yapping away and run, you fool!

I guess this was the one thing Holmes remembered from history/geography lessons, and dammit, he's going to tell them about it. Hes tired of you calling him stupid, and is risking his life to tell you that he does have knowledge about something... even if his timing still proves he's stupid.

Ml9fgigv o

Spoken like a D&D player. Stealth rolls will inevitable fail, the GM will ask you to roll to make sure you don't trip while running away, and you miss out on the experience points, so to Holmes, combat is a no-brainer.

However, Holmes doesn't realize he's not in that genre, and unlike Xeno, isn't even smart enough to bring rope. And you gave those bags to Bagman and Footballman, who will use it to fight crime and poverty off-screen. Meanwhile, if the protagonists actually kept the bags they open, they could, I don't know, fill it with something and use it as a flail? Capture an enemy? Bribe someone with it?

Pdngqggq oUoiatmxq o

...THIS THING!?

...Eyup. This is late-game final boss material, and you aren't supposed to fight it yet.

Shigen knows that the main characters are never as popular as the side characters in... well, anything, and wants to keep that privilege.

Map's really simple. The objective is to open the two chests. Kranion is standing in the middle of the two chests, so Holmes dies really hard if he tries to go for the two chests. Therefore, what is it that we do?

Thought you weren't supposed to fight the dragon. I take it this is like the second part of the plan to defeat Desaix early (the first being to grind your soldiers to heck and back) and you trick Slayde into going into a corner to prevent accidentally killing him?

Kwsfhx4n oAhzclxiq o

Maybe he's explaining the physics about why blunt damage is extremely dangerous to skeletons, and wind magic falls into that category?

Ri2cntuq oVznlyriy o

But first, this. That's not Maruj's idle pose. Can you spot the differences?

It looks like Maruj is offering his hand to the gargoyle to... dance? And the Gargoyle is touched by this gesture?

I mean, that's what the ladies do in Pirates! when asking to dance. Although... uh... the male kisses the hand when accepting...

Fhwyvrrd o

Dragon Fight!

Rrjxqugq oJe97pj5k oJhetrirm o

Oh wow. It does look like an alternate interpretation of Duma. Although what the heck is with its "arms" and "wings"?

That's not a very smart skeleton, is it?

Since when was a skeleton in any fiction smart? Except Morte.

Hx4nkwbs o

...oh, fiddlesticks.

Wait, he... is married to/engaged to that beast?

W1bjm9gj oKill them all. There can be no mercy for those who would make my Tita suffer.

Except they waltzed in there by accident, and Katri didn't even dent h...

Oh gosh dang it! Katri! You screwed it up again! Granted, the animations was epic, but you made Mr. Chaos's statement here... somewhat understandable? 'Course, Holmes is still stupid for not turning tail and preventing the whole situation from occurring to begin with.

J0kzlgrn o

Holmes, aren't you the least bit worried about the dozens of Gerxel troops that just spawned on top of us?

"At least they're beatable" is probably all he cares about.

Jcpmmory o

Fun Fact: Golems are actually from Jewish folklore where Rabbi's would give "life" to clay just as God created Adam, except the former don't have souls. They obeyed their masters, but to a literal degree. The most famous story is the Prague Golem made by Rabbi Loew to defend Jews against Anti-Semitic attacks.

I learned this from TV Tropes and Wikipedia a few days ago, coincidentally enough. That also means to take some things with a grain of salt.

Utnjktci o

...No more stealing, then?

You were a good unit, Krishna. You left us too soon.

Xysnu4tk o

J7emnenf o

It's hard to notice with all the dirt, but Sid's smile is wonderful to see.

Ciu2xlse o

Ywq4zgmp o

Iszbwcql o

This made me laugh for a good while. Which is probably a good thing because it will probably go downhill from here.

G4mwecwn o

...oh!

Ask, and thou shall receive, Ruben.

Just know that God sometimes says no.

B0optmk9 o

...okay, we're screwed.

This map is full of subverting expectations an jokes like these.

Hpmxpyji o

0zfd96rn o Alfred, huh. We've heard conflicting reports on a man named Alfred. Alicia said he was her dad, then Samson said he was dead, then he turned out to be one of the Six Sages, now there's an Alfred here just following Sennet around... who is this guy?

I know that you're reviewing the lore right now, but I'm just surprised that this Middle-Earth Elf Jedi shares a name with Batmans butler.

...Kaga using Holmes route to vent all of his frustrations in life is becoming increasing plausible...

Rt3r1hwm o

...Sid... Dies...

vX1nq6YQrld91d6VdG2fjWG___fTun28H6g37fjypHDdDF54yGaFMyUWD32kOCZX97kJQlCipdRdqy4JkN7hWxSU9iB4ChfzhvFmdaOFpvwGpQTjcVd5rNWfxHiDAfm_f3POhXIh

I get the sense that this is would be a hook for a sequel, DLC, or an expansion pack nowadays.

Alas...

Tom isn't going to die. Krishna dying might prove to be interesting, because if we revive her, it's going to trigger a few optional scenes that intrigue me, as I've never witnessed them. I'm actually looking forward to it. However, Tom's death would only mean the team'd be down another bottom-tier badass. I need my bottom-tier badasses, okay? So let's ensure he lives this down.

Intriguing. This will be interesting to see...

Image result for darth vader choke gif

He has a conversation with Holmes, which I can only imagine will lead to a heartwarming, teary reunion and romantic midnight kisses.

Calling it now that it lasts three sentences and they use that time to insult each other.

...It... does not feel very reassuring to have to rely on Richard of all guys... but still, I'm sure the AI will force him to be a nice guy for once.

As a fighter, he's probably fine. As a politician, well...

Well, I was half right, at least.

The GBA support system combined with Mount and Blades blood system would have been a sight to see.

As do I. This just became much more interesting.

Next time, Holmes's route stops making no sense at all and we actually get... an objective? Who could've foreseen this!?

Sense? In Holmes route?

Are you sure that hostage taker from last time isn't back?

Kranion's Poison/Acid/Whatever breath looks really amazing. Didn't even remember it having that since all the dragons use the same red flame attack for their map animations. So much effort went into something that gets so little face time.

Really like Kranion's design too. It's deformed body seems very appropriate.
Though looking at it now, I can't help but feel new regret over Echoes going with a generic "zombie dragon" design for Duma. That one didn't even begin to capture just how offputting Duma looked in the original game.

Edited by BrightBow

20 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Oh wow. It does look like an alternate interpretation of Duma. Although what the heck is with its "arms" and "wings"?

Well, Duma's Echoes variation... Gaiden... well, I'm never going to forget this slime-beast being a "God".  Feels more like a HP Lovecraft character if you ask me.

Fun Fact: Golems are actually from Jewish folklore where Rabbi's would give "life" to clay just as God created Adam, except the former don't have souls. They obeyed their masters, but to a literal degree. The most famous story is the Prague Golem made by Rabbi Loew to defend Jews against Anti-Semitic attacks.

Funner fact: By pure coincidence, the character Ragman, who I corrupted the cover of to make Bagman, found out in the 90s limited series his costume was a golem made of rags in Warsaw to fight against the invading Germans. He ended up fighting the famous golem of prague in that series. Though rock and clay are the most common substances for a Golem, there have been tales of the use of other substances, and thanks to D&D & Castlevania takes such as the "Iron Golem" or the "Flesh Golem" (which isn't that far off being the Frankenstein monster when you think about it). Most takes on the golem forget the part where they have a word included on their forehead which translates from the hebrew emet to "truth". The erasure of the first letter turns it to "met", or "dead", rendering the golem inert in the event it is necessary. Of note, in the Talmud, it is claimed Adam was initially a Golem prior to being given a soul. Mind, none of this is hard to turn up knowledge-wise. The process on creating one is a bit more obscure, and useless to any who doesn't know the hidden names of the hebrew God. It's kind of a rule of the supernatural everything has a catch

I know that you're reviewing the lore right now, but I'm just surprised that this Middle-Earth Elf Jedi shares a name with Batmans butler.

I remember the 80's where said butler was revealed to have fought in WW2 and have had a daughter he never knew about with a French freedom fighter. (Mademoiselle Marie, who used to star in her own strip in Star-Spangled War Stories in the 50s, then showed up in just about every war comic after, whether SGT Rock, The Losers, The Haunted Tank or the Unknown Soldier). Then they kind of ignored the storyline, and his daughter thereby, after Crisis on Infinite Earths. Even though they kind of did continue to reference his military training as why he could patch Batman up when injured. I also remember the actual 40s stuff where Alfred was a fat bumbling doofus who accidentally discovered Batman & Robin's identities after he became a butler to Bruce Wayne because of his father's will despite Wayne having got rid of the servants to prevent his identity being discovered, despite the fact Alfred wanted to be a detective. Then one issue he accidentally got caught in one of those cubes things that make you sweat at the gym (I forget what it was called) and came out skinny. Which was retconned to be his original look in the 60s. Kind of like how Lex Luthor and one of his henchmen swapped appearances after their first appearance and they pretend the guy who was designed as a henchman to the red-bearded Luthor was how Luthor always looked. Comics are weird.

21 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

The GBA support system combined with Mount and Blades blood system would have been a sight to see.

I just want to see Kieran's supports with Rhys from Path of Radiance fully animated. Like Echoes Cutscene animated. Bonus points if the axe he lodges in his head is the devil axe.

On 14/3/2019 at 8:45 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I think we can all agree that Margaret should get the last use (she's dead or thought to be dead, right?)

Edited by Goddess Serra

Part 40 - Moby Blaad.

Plies:

Spoiler
On 14/3/2019 at 9:32 PM, BrightBow said:

The NPC's stats don't even tell the whole story. Some of those weapons are pretty hilarious on their own. Especially the Leda Lance. Like the Shramm it halves damage and deals effective damage against monsters. But it's also far stronger and accurate, has 1-2 range and a ludicrous durability of 80.

Ah, yes. The weapons. Alfred has Warp, too. Damnable Sennet, he has a warp Sage and he told him to stay behind with the Paladin and the Cleric...

Anyway, I did not expect for this of all maps to turn into such a mess. For some reason you went from "Why can't we run away!" to "Just charge straight at them!".

I had this backwards plan to take down one of the Witches because I've lost people to them before. I failed because half my team couldn't fight.
This went so badly, you are lucky that only Krishnea died. And here I was hoping she would die because you would forget to take the Thunder Sword off her.

Not really, Samson's bases carried him out of there, Holmes wouldn't get killed even if all three of those guys attacking him nailed him, Alicia was well-protected and Maruj and Kreiss were invincible.

On 14/3/2019 at 10:43 PM, Dayni said:

Ouch, Faye will get out all her knives for that comment.

Faye can... I don't know what she can do, I barely even know her, but... yeah fuck her.

On the other hand, Mycen has never hinted at being interested by a woman.

He's the Jagen type (except gameplay-wise he's more of a Gotoh), those always put their work first. Except for Arran. Arran just wants to die a good knight. A fate I adamantly refuse to let him have.

I mean, I didn't think he was pointing at me, but still.

It's you, my dude. You're the one. The One Who Hates Dougy.

I have to wonder, would the dragon age in human years?

So does she die in human years? It would mean Leda would be finally freed from Kranion in some time.

Good question, actually. I can't remember that ever being addressed in the game, but we shall see.

I mean, who's the prince here?

It's not Shigen, is it?

Who gives a flying fuck? I want Holmes out of the picture so I can send him to keep Vega company.

Imagine if this was in an era where Youtube was a thing.

SKELETON DESTROYED WITH FACTS AND LOGIC

Maruj Shapiro: instead of talking fast, he casts gusts of fast wind to tear his political enemies asunder.

I think I'm going to go ahead and put some music on for this.

Dude, I love those guys. As heavy as heavy metal gets, just how I like it.

What happened to Kranion's arms?

Don't think they make dragon-sized nail clippers.

Oh shit, it turns out he's the dragonlayer!

Oh, God...

Well, Nergal ripped him off after all. :P I would argue not quite, but hey I think we'll let Guenchaos show the scale of his plan first.

They do have their differences. For starters, Nergal's a lot less relevant to the plot of his game. Hey, you asked for it, you should know better than to mention FE7 in my presence.

The Chu-ko-nu is made from Osmium I guess.

I could believe that, the thing's too heavy.

THE GODDESS DIDN'T PROTEC

I guess she got rocked.

RIP Krishna.

Gah...

Also, Oh fuck Julia has to step up.

Hahahahah! I mean, she's the only one who can you that one thing later on, since Vega's out of the picture, so... she better do.

I guess losing was the right call.

Shame explaining feelings is a bitch and a half.

And then there's the other thing that happened.

.....Now might not be the best time to laugh.

At least he had some sense.

He was both the densest and the least dense anime protagonist at that point.

I think I got his laugh.

I always imagined it as something more like this. As usual.

Also, SURPRISE, SOME BITCH BOUT TO DIE.

Someone did.

I can't help but think Narcian's heroes VA would be perfect for Rich here.

Just "here"?

Shigen leaves the party.

Don't jinx it, you doofus!

I'll take note that three of these have no title.

So they'd be never recruitable.

Hmm...

STOP TEARING ME APART RUBEN

If you had a stable profile picture, I'd go ahead and make the obvious Tommy Wiseau edit. Alas...

Also Sid too if you'd be kind.

I'll attempt to refrain from tearing my characters apart in the future.

It's not like Ruben killed Sid though. All this lightning is making me concerned somebody will get thunderstruck.

He'll probably do that to Albertus at this rate.

Anything could happen...

Again, Kaga's ambition does not match his product.

I'd say it does, in this case at least. These NPCs feel a lot more proactive than the ones from mainline FEs.

......You have my curiosity.

Was it satisfied?

It's not even useful on these golems.

Besides, that's not how that kind of piercing works. Maybe Kreiss will have to ask Arkis for advice, considering how much of a dick he is already.

Implying Arkis has ever succeeded in piercing a woman.

Man her speed's bad.

I know Rein's is bad in Heroes, but you don't have the same type of stat concerns.

Just her speed? She was benched ages ago, and your only problem is her speed?

Strength would have been just the cherry.

Yeah, but hey, perfection doesn't exist, right?

I'm trying to remember, I think it's because he got enough speed for it.

Nah, it's actually because of Vantage, I'm pretty sure.

Course, with some of your units they're close to double that.

Except I don't think any of my units reaches Kreiss's flawless state of balance. My other mounts lose their stuff indoors, my footies don't have his movement, even my move growth footies both have lesser defenses. Kreiss is the team's Jack of All Trades, except instead of being mediocre in every way like other FE JoATs, he's great in every way. Sure, some guys are awesome in some aspects, but that doesn't stop Kreiss from being one of my best units.

>Hears Richard is coming

muvpHMfM_o.png"Fuck it, I'll accept the embrace of death more than I ever could his."

I could see him saying that.

muvpHMfM_o.png"Doesn't mean I'll let him have it over me"

...as well as that, problematically.

There's his wife.

I guess this version of Dorcas and Natalie are a more capable duo, especially Katrina.

Yeah, they're both good here.

I think you missed the N there.

Is this supposed to be Garon's axe before he got Bolverk?

No, it belongs to Garo. Full stop.

I'd rather Fates not be involved, but any way to set you off......

You failed, actually. I don't mind Fates as much as you do. And Garon had potential to be a good villain, if only they had taken him more seriously.

But if you wanna play, allow me to counterattack. This never fails to set YOU off:

Something something Dougy is good.

There. I won.

This is the metal for you.

It's like Swanchika actually, only less broken.

...there's an axe in FE called Swastika? Google doesn't say anything, so I'm gonna guess it's a reference I'm not getting. Please tell me it's not roundabout again...

Alfred: man of many broken families.

Somehow I don't think he'll be sympathetic.

We'll just have to wait and see...

Oh shit, I didn't remember that. Well, I'll wait and see who else has died.

Yes, I just wanted you guys to keep the Dakruon in mind for when we get to use it.

Also, shame on those convos.

Agreed, but eh. I had to leave something for people to discover upon playing the game themselves, right?

On 14/3/2019 at 11:40 PM, Pengaius said:

May, I just say that this is art. You captured my essence perfectly. ''Tis like looking in an admittedly higher resolution mirror. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to make this my avi (just the Butter thing). 

Go right ahead. I was hoping you'd do, anyway.

By the way, thanks for that sneaky little advertisement for my LPs in your signature. Really appreciate the free views it may bring forth.

You sir, are a Saint, a Saint Rubenio in the truest form, a jolly good sport. Makes the pun I have to make feel even more douchebaggy.

You're a bastard, but you give me views, so I can forgive you.

landlubber
/ˈlandlʌbə/
noun
INFORMAL
  1. a person unfamiliar with the sea or sailing.

3. orrect me if I'm wrong but doesn't Holmes have like a boat of pirates seafarers? Y'know like the kind you use for sailing? Y'know like on wate
CHRIST that list thing completely broke the format.
On 14/3/2019 at 11:40 PM, Pengaius said:

ANGRY BOY MARUJ. The red skittle has been found

Maruj has had enough.

Looks like she got Crushna'd by that golem's fist.

I'm sorry. 

You know, I should probably have given you a more psycopathic smile. I kinda forgot about the time you made death puns for literally all of my FE6 deaths in the midst of making you into a sort of buttery abomination with a scarf.

Ruben, I'm afraid that I must break the news to you. You never finished the ritual. You left before the blessing was complete. You only allowed The G to may, not The Godess to protec. There is only so much Footballman can give to those who do not listen. It, was only a matter of time. I'm sorry for your loss. 

Don't you dare come blaming me! It's 100% my fault, but Holmes is really to blame! He's the reason the chapter happened! Fuck him!

Romantic midnight kisses with Dick

Someone needs to make that a rule 34. I wouldn't personally watch it, but I'd admire the artist's insanity. Anyone dare?

Edgeman... I don't think there's anybody in your army like that. Although I think there was a shopkeeper some ways back that matched that description. 

Ah, yes. I tend to confuse him for Navarre, that's why I sometimes refer to him as a unit.

Logical goals? In my Holmes' route!?

Why, yes! Keep reading, my friend!

On 15/3/2019 at 3:14 AM, BrightBow said:

I have no idea what that donation stuff is even there for. Well, besides tricking players into thinking it might get the priest to trust them with Lyria.

It's there because they needed to find a way to use Footballman's portrait. Also so you can give Footballman money for the sake of giving Footballman money.

On 15/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, Mad-manakete said:

By the end of this LP, his name will be a mile long. Half of it "The".

The Roger The The.

To be fair, some of us were totally unaware of Guac & Nachos'  at the time the thread started, and had begun to take the thread's name for granted by the time he showed up.

I mean, yeah, but I was expecting it to click when we met Guenchaos.

I can't beLeeve we didn't make a Lot of puns last LP.

Some people did. It was a Lot of fun, at Leest.

Main point was he got to "kill" Michalis. Which was something I'd planned to work a way out to do from the start, because of Matthis backstory. After all, Matthis joining you was on account of his being drafted and sent to the frontlines, else he'd have been living a peaceful life in Macedon. Letting Michalis fall because he royally screwed up by sending a good man to die on the frontlines is poetic justice at it's finest.

Yeah, that's why I had him kill Michalis too. If you have Matthis talk to Marth in chapter 3, he reveals how he's scared shitless of Michalis. To have him effortlessly destroy the man 20~ chapters from them is just brilliant.

The bit at the start where I said I helped set up the experiment in lunch. I knew the acid was water because I filled the "acid" containers myself, as the teacher explained we were using water because the experiment didn't require acid and it was supposed to be about learning caution... which I violated horribly as a joke. It's the surest way after all.

No pain, no gain. Tell them to use real acid next time. If the kids die, they die.

By reducing their villages to rubble so there's no jobs there because no one lives in rubble. Send them all to Antarctica I reckon. No towns to raid there.

Damnable fiends...! I never was even able to reproduce that damned glitch. Maybe I just hallucinated it. That'd be a lot more reassuring.

My last Clive turned out great in Echoes. I mean, after playing through Gaiden a good five times and Echoes for the third, I finally got to take this guy into the final battle and have him contribute instead of wasting a slot better used on someone else. As it stands, that makes Booey, Luthier and Nomah the only characters that I've never been able to get to work for that. Speed related issues of course.

Ah, the good ol' "good but outclassed" syndrome. It's not the worst of places to be in, frankly.

This is unironically how I'm going to picture Pengaius from now on. Though his avatar change probably helps.

Hah! I'm a genius, aren't I? I can get people to change their profile pictures, their nicknames, even moderators change their ranks as per my request! Soon, I shall be the supreme ruler of this world, and my first edict shall be to build a lot of golden statues of Lot and Matthis all over the world! I shall attain GODHOOD! HWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHCOUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH... haaack... gaaahh... c-cough... hunnghhh...

I went on a bit of a rant there... forget everything I just said.

This better not go pear-shaped for Samson. I actually like that guy from the little bit we've seen of him.

Good thing it didn't, eh?

Holmes just took all the arguments that female lords make the biggest mistakes (Celica and Eirika) and decided to disprove them decisively. Thanks Holmes.

Holmes proves that Kaga isn't sexist. He despises all of humanity equally.

Why couldn't it have been Alicia?

Because then we wouldn't have a second Syphid. Krishna will most likely be back. The Sylphid would've been lost forever. Krishna sacrified herself for the cause.

Now I must know how you're planning this.

Eeeyup.

Guess the Goddess Protec after all.

It protec someone at least.

Going to admit, at this point I can't help but wish Holmes would canonically die from that "terminal" stupidity instead of dragging everyone else in his party to their demise.

Heh, well... we'll have to wait and see.

Well, if Lee, Tom or The Roger bite it... which I'm hoping won't, you know who I'd vote for. If not, we'll see.

Only time will tell.

But that contradicts everything we knew about Holmes. Are you sure he wasn't replaced in the fight by someone else?

Maybe Bagman came along and impersonated him. Let's pretend we never unmasked him, okay? I prefer him.

On 15/3/2019 at 5:36 PM, ranger016 said:

snip

I'm glad to see that you're also using Norton and that he turned out well for you! A few more people and perhaps we'll debunk that scrub meme, Billford. Cool teams. Lookin' forward to hearing about your finale! (Just don't forget them spoiler tags!)

On 15/3/2019 at 5:48 PM, Hawkwing said:

THE RANDOM COMMENTS OF UNASSUMING FORUM MEMBERS Hawkwing | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

I 'member that.

I'm not surprised, honestly. Almost everyone I've talked to has had a busy week, myself included.

In all honesty, this week's being worse. I've 4 exams and I didn't study for half of them. Though, to be fair, one of them's impossible to study with our teacher, so we just go and hope he makes it easy on us.

Why does Caillou have a right hand on his left arm? And was I one of the few kids to actually enjoy the show?

Granted, I haven't seen anything related to it in years, but still.

I enjoyed it too, back in the day! When you grow up, you begin to enjoy it in a different way, of course, but I loved that shit when I was a kid!

I've forgotten nearly everything about the movie, honestly. All I remember was there was a crystal skull, man-eating ants that scared the heck out of me the first (and only) time I watched the movie, the waterfall joke, the joke about Indy getting old that I swear I was the only one that liked, and Indy's stories about being a spy during World War 2 would have made a much more interesting movie than the one we got.

I recall things. Like loving it when I first watched it, but of course, I was like 10 years old when it came out. I should rewatch Indiana Jones at some point, it'd be great nostalgia. Never been much of a movie guy, but I've watched my fair share.

Like the Mario Bros movie. I remember spending the first 10 minutes thinking my mom set up the wrong movie, until Mario called Luigi by name. As a toddler, I enjoyed it only because it had the name Mario in it (well more like the name Luigi). I recently rewatched it with a classmate (ergh, in class...), and it was the shit. We couldn't even have audio (again, because we were in class), so we had to make do with Youtube's subtitles. Needlessly to say, I nearly choked laughing.

I was talking about Snorlax's trophy description in Brawl.

Still, I'm surprised that "Super Smash Bros out of context" isn't a thing yet.

You can poledance in it. I mean, c'mon.

It's a mustache, and he's not the only one who has one. It's probably made out of grass, considering the creatures disguise themselves as it.

I see... weird, but okay.

Meaning that Richard will never die except by his own stupidity (and sometimes not even that). Or old age. Or by ticking off this worlds version of Superman, thus leading to a dystopia and alternate universe fighting game shenanigans.

Or maybe he'll have a fight with Holmes in a Tunnel of Love and he'll break his own neck.

Also, I get the sense that Barbossa will keep his great respect while being a major source of black humor.

Probably, he's up there with Sigurd, LIESLIESLIESLIESLIESman's bride and evil!me.

Well, they did give every different quotes for casual and classic modes, event he characters that live afterwards (Anachronic Glasses Mom, for example, goes from "General observation of my injures dictates I should retreat" to "Screw WAR! I'm doing SCIENCE instead!"), and to be fair Virions falls into the "too injured to keep fighting" category. It's still lazy that they didn't give him an extra death line after his story relevance is gone, though.

Anachronic Glasses Mom sounds kinda awesome, even if he doesn't look like she belongs.

And at least they put some genuine effort into the DLC, to the point it convinced Nintendo it could be done right, for better or worse. The quality of if is certainly higher than that of the other Fire Emblem 3DS games. Never bought any of it, though.

As well you should.

I looked it up and... there is a legit place called Highground in the Star Wars universe.

Oh, goodness gracious... maybe that's where ghostly Obi Wan spends his free time when he's not giving Luke the world's worst advice ever or bothering Anakin.

Darth Vader may have also built a castle over the high ground to overlook his failures and taunt Obi-Wan. When Luke tried a similar tactic, Darth Vader threw his lightsaber instead.

Luke didn't have Obi Wan's affinity with the high ground, that's why he failed.

Funnily enough, in one of the very few group chats I was in, someone said "I love homicide!" out of context. Take a guess what they were playing.

Ah, yes, Homicide. It's a pretty fun level, even if Pardo's kinda sorta the game's most hateable character. But at least it's not Dead Ahead. Dead Ahead can only be defeated if you've got the thickest of skins.

AAAaaaaaaaaaah!!! So THAT was the pun! I just thought it was a creative addition to the phrase "chaos reigns". The title is even more clever now and has multiple alternative meanings!

Well, better late than never, eh? Thanks for the praise!

I see. I suppose it's only in the 3DS games where they're lackluster (although the normal spells look just fine). Well, actually they aren't that bad in Echoes, so it might just be my gripes about how the Mire spell hits like a magical truck, has 3 range, is a common enemy spell, and most of all, is a giant purple bubble! Nothing makes me so dedicated towards giving archanists a violent death than them simply having the spell! And you can't get it except through DLC, which is pointless because the overclasses are really only useful (if even obtainable) in the post game!

Just take a look at the GBA games. Even Flux, mundane as it is, looks rather amazing.

More "an eccentric lets player that is good at writing tragicomedy who's luck is entertainingly all over the place and has made great accomplishments both amazing and embarrassing and strives forward no matter how hard it gets."

That's a long title. I have to say, I love the "his luck is entertainingly all over the place" part.

Image result for and there was much rejoicing

Especially since this one won't be as short.

Well...

...Why would Alicia have fangirls?

She wouldn't, because she's crappy, thus she doesn't have fangirls. As opposed to Maruj, who is awesome and does have fangirls.

How long are we going to keep this up for?

I was about to say that maybe your hostage taker should play the game and you comment on it, but then this whole thing wouldn't have been so entertaining.

Oh, why you...!

Thanks for the recommendation of a product. I shall check it out and perhaps even use it in the near future.

It's not even a product, it's a free program.

Magnificent.

Reveal hidden contents

I was originally planning to do a runner-up joke about Eugen passing a law to get Runan to smile, but my attempts at it, though funny, felt a little too out of character for both of them. As for what said law was:

ligXioyaraZ5CgHwipYpjtEmKApzSBSBzvBzh7Bhxn3YUtVA4jsQtKI7FDgqf2PVPRAhsaCuXXTR4CvGPZjXgAwSRwjhKfAt-aRlZx6Kj-XmYKrBAm4nDNDNFtjaVZqXIBlIohp0

This is probably my favorite one in the game, with a lot of runner ups (using a UFO tractor with lasers for farming, having underwater weaving classes for the elderly, using flying monkeys to help those struggling with money, and many, many more). I just have too much fun picturing the loads of grumpy characters in fiction that would be forced to watch cat videos and go to trampoline parks against their will. As well as what the discussion for creating most of these laws were.

This is how you get Runan to smile.

E9eahqdq o

Is that my lowest effort edit or what?

You put the @ in front of their username.

Ahhh. How easy. Pft...

Eh, part of it is obsession. Part of it is me trying to see if anyone else has played the game. But most of it is because there are some legitimately good ideas there that I could see working extremely well in a Fire Emblem game with a few tweaks, but it can be hard to talk about when someone doesn't have context for the events, and when said context is weird.

And just saying the idea isn't really enough. After all, if I told you that Karl Steiner being the slowest attacker is an interesting idea for a swordsmaster who's actually not all that fast, but makes up for it with a high crit, would that really mean anything to you? Or Robin being in the defensive class not because he's strong or heavily armored, but because he knows how to take a hit? Or how Levi is an entertaining and heartwarming example of a "unrequited love" character than anyone else in Fire Emblem, or that Gerald is a good example of how to give a fighter character multiple layers while still hanging on to the boisterous personality? Interesting ideas, yes, but they loose their weight without personal experience.

...goodness gracious.

I know what you're saying. How many times have I gushed over Arran? I don't think even 30% of the people reading care about him at all, yet I find him to be one of the greatest characters in all of FE, so here we are.

...AND WHY DOES EVERY TIME I BRING UP THE GAME, I END UP WRITING SEVERAL PARAGRAPHS?!?! Seriously, this has happened to me enough times, I'm starting to get worried! Maybe I really do need a doctor...

Nah, what you need is another game. I recommend Hotline Miami, but only if you have thick skin.

Honestly, Clive isn't actually that bad. What people are really complaining about is how every other cavalier does his job and does it better. He is still very worthwhile to use, but it's hard for him to match up with his competition.

That's not the worst place to be in.

I find this picture to be simultaneously very funny and very creepy.

Why creepy? Because I snuck into some guy's house and cut the power so he wouldn't force me to give Arkis a level?

I was expecting something a little more... noteworthy about something called the witch dragon. Then again, it looks just like slime Duma, so maybe they're hinting this is a final or penultimate boss?

Might be... all is possible.

I guess this was the one thing Holmes remembered from history/geography lessons, and dammit, he's going to tell them about it. Hes tired of you calling him stupid, and is risking his life to tell you that he does have knowledge about something... even if his timing still proves he's stupid.

He's stupid, there's nothing anyone can do to change that. Other than killing him. Then he'd just be dead. A dead dumbass.

Spoken like a D&D player. Stealth rolls will inevitable fail, the GM will ask you to roll to make sure you don't trip while running away, and you miss out on the experience points, so to Holmes, combat is a no-brainer.

However, Holmes doesn't realize he's not in that genre, and unlike Xeno, isn't even smart enough to bring rope. And you gave those bags to Bagman and Footballman, who will use it to fight crime and poverty off-screen. Meanwhile, if the protagonists actually kept the bags they open, they could, I don't know, fill it with something and use it as a flail? Capture an enemy? Bribe someone with it?

I like how the D&D talk eventually turned into Bagman talk.

...Eyup. This is late-game final boss material, and you aren't supposed to fight it yet.

Well...

Shigen knows that the main characters are never as popular as the side characters in... well, anything, and wants to keep that privilege.

Hmmm...

Thought you weren't supposed to fight the dragon. I take it this is like the second part of the plan to defeat Desaix early (the first being to grind your soldiers to heck and back) and you trick Slayde into going into a corner to prevent accidentally killing him?

Kinda, except here, you don't trick Kranion with Katri so as not to kill it, but so it doesn't kill you.

Maybe he's explaining the physics about why blunt damage is extremely dangerous to skeletons, and wind magic falls into that category?

Anything's possible.

It looks like Maruj is offering his hand to the gargoyle to... dance? And the Gargoyle is touched by this gesture?

I mean, that's what the ladies do in Pirates! when asking to dance. Although... uh... the male kisses the hand when accepting...

C'mon, let's not do that to Maruj. The guy's life is horrible enough as is.

Dragon Fight!

Yeah!

It's really ugly, yeah. But good ugly.

Since when was a skeleton in any fiction smart? Except Morte.

Can't really think of an example, myself.

Wait, he... is married to/engaged to that beast?

We'll see... (keep in mind that we know it was once a human girl)

Except they waltzed in there by accident, and Katri didn't even dent h...

Oh gosh dang it! Katri! You screwed it up again! Granted, the animations was epic, but you made Mr. Chaos's statement here... somewhat understandable? 'Course, Holmes is still stupid for not turning tail and preventing the whole situation from occurring to begin with.

Yeah, at the point where Katri started shooting fireballs at Kranion, it had gotten to the point where it was the only thing she could've done to save Holmes's sorry ass. Holmes is to blame all the way.

"At least they're beatable" is probably all he cares about.

Idiot...!

I learned this from TV Tropes and Wikipedia a few days ago, coincidentally enough. That also means to take some things with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I don't think the golems from this game are quite as complicated.

...No more stealing, then?

You were a good unit, Krishna. You left us too soon.

Sigh...

It's hard to notice with all the dirt, but Sid's smile is wonderful to see.

> dirt

> actually terrible scars that he suffered in multiple, nearly deadly encounters.

Top 3 people who are going to hell.

1- Arkis ("do you have holes for eyes?")

2- Sid ("Margaret will wish she was dead")

3- You ("dirt")

Honorable mentions: me ("I KILLED THEM ALL! ALL 50~ PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIED ON ME!")

This made me laugh for a good while. Which is probably a good thing because it will probably go downhill from here.

Hah, thanks. I tried.

Ask, and thou shall receive, Ruben.

Just know that God sometimes says no.

A lot of times. Way too many times. Damn you, RNGoddess!

This map is full of subverting expectations an jokes like these.

Right?

Pfffffft... oh, good lord.

...Kaga using Holmes route to vent all of his frustrations in life is becoming increasing plausible...

Eeeyup.

...Sid... Dies...

vX1nq6YQrld91d6VdG2fjWG___fTun28H6g37fjypHDdDF54yGaFMyUWD32kOCZX97kJQlCipdRdqy4JkN7hWxSU9iB4ChfzhvFmdaOFpvwGpQTjcVd5rNWfxHiDAfm_f3POhXIh

As expected.

I get the sense that this is would be a hook for a sequel, DLC, or an expansion pack nowadays.

Alas...

I would've bought, but still, once again, I like that they show the NPCs doing things.

Intriguing. This will be interesting to see...

Hopefully, yes.

Image result for darth vader choke gif

Oh, for shame, Vader! Obi Wan's the Master of Trolling, not you, so stop trying to upstage him and just accept your place as the Master... at Getting Caught!

Calling it now that it lasts three sentences and they use that time to insult each other.

You called it. Here's an imaginary cookie.

As a fighter, he's probably fine. As a politician, well...

That's exactly why I hate having to rely on him. He's the kinda guy who just wants to keep himself and his pawns safe, fuck everyone else. And fuck Holmes in particular.

Well, I was half right, at least.

More than half, frankly.

Sqzlr089 o

I know it's not GBA, shut up.

As do I. This just became much more interesting.

Indeed.

Sense? In Holmes route?

Are you sure that hostage taker from last time isn't back?

Nah, he won't be back for... I think another 3 or 4 chapters?

On 15/3/2019 at 9:53 PM, BrightBow said:

Kranion's Poison/Acid/Whatever breath looks really amazing. Didn't even remember it having that since all the dragons use the same red flame attack for their map animations. So much effort went into something that gets so little face time.

Agreed.

Really like Kranion's design too. It's deformed body seems very appropriate.
Though looking at it now, I can't help but feel new regret over Echoes going with a generic "zombie dragon" design for Duma. That one didn't even begin to capture just how offputting Duma looked in the original game.

It was a mud monster there. I don't know what he looks like in Echoes.

On 16/3/2019 at 9:39 PM, eclipse said:

Too bad the equivalent of Aum can't revive Plum's childhood.

Oh, goodness... that's a delicate topic. If you don't stop right there, bones will end up broken.

Just like her...

I am so sorry.

21 hours ago, Goddess Serra said:

I think we can all agree that Margaret should get the last use (she's dead or thought to be dead, right?)

Actually, the side story stuff will not affect the gameplay side of things. Wouldn't be fair for people who don't care as much (or at all) for it, or for me, who, y'know, would also like to have units back from the dead. But I already have everything fanfic related laid out. You'll just have to wait and see if you like how I handle things!

As a side note, I like how you completely ignored what happened just last update. Biased much?

Date:

Spoiler
Adbgvufr oTw2uxtlt oYknizg6v oKqkkayix oShdh3qto o

The first thing that happens today is that the NPCs gather around the northern exit of the valley. Samson's presence makes things more awkward than they need to be.

Cko499bs o

Richard gets us started with some of his trademark negativity.

Slulcp6k oDon't underestimate the Cult, Richard, least of all Pontiff Guenchaos. He singlehandedly killed all three of the other Sages. I highly doubt you could face him alone.

Kv5wulqf oYou "doubt"? Hmph. Forgive me if I don't find the predictions of a man who abandoned his country, wife and children to be of much worth, Alfred.

0zfd96rn o How long has it been? Not counting the replies, of course... one, two, three... 10 seconds? And he's already begun to attack one of his allies for no good reason. Perfect.

Xrrlreh8 o

P1zzgcas o Kick his ass, Alfred! You can do it, you're a Sage! Attack him from afar!

Zldpzub4 o

F4aswdy8 o I'd express disappointment that he stopped Alfred from ruining Richard's ugly face, but the way he went about it is great. Sennet just destroyed ol' Dick with only four words. My highest regards to him.

Cpz3qysn oTia, are you sure about this? The Earth Shrine must be crawling with the Cult's sorcerers, and Guenchaos himself may even be there... Will you truly be all right on your own? If you wish, we will accompany you.

Kv5wulqf oThat's enough meddling, Prince Sennet. Tia and I have decided, and that's that.

0zfd96rn o Richard, please, the adults are talking--

Cpz3qysn oIt's rude to interrupt, Richard.

F4aswdy8 o ...okay, I see you've no need for my help. Hahahahahah... Sennet's awesome.

Cpz3qysn oWhat are your thoughts, Tia?

Cpsx3x1q o

Gifg77uy oYou needn't worry about us. We're the Champions of Yutona, remember? But as long as we're going the same direction, please feel free to accompany us.

Cpz3qysn oIf you insist, I will respect your wishes.

0zfd96rn o So Tia is off to some Earth Shrine with Richard as her one and only companion. And there's a high chance Guenchaos will be there to meet them. No way that's going to end badly, nooo sire.

Egyjgykd o

B4cp2kin oNo, just leave them. If they were able to make it this far, they'll be able to find their way out.

Rl6mlglm oUnderstood.

Yzsfx7qs oShall we depart, then, Lord Sennet? We should get to a site where we can camp before the sun sets.

Cpz3qysn oYes, you're right. Let's be off, everyone.

0zfd96rn o Isn't it already night time, though? The sky was looking really dark in the cutscene where Holmes explained his awful, awful plan that killed Krishna.

Cpz3qysn oNeyfa, stay close to me. We're getting into dangerous territory, but I'll protect you.

Zrfcllhj oRight. Thank you, Sennet.

Mivviohr o

The talking done, they all run into the same tile (it looks funny when in motion) and leave. Once again, I can only imagine Samson waving his wife and father-in-law goodbye.

N6covxhc oX3zpkd6j o

Then Katri walks through the map to go talk to Holmes.

6woqio9r o

Njdtyjkp oThey must've been some special people. They had lots of soldiers with them. Maybe one of them was a king?

P1zzgcas o I don't think any of those guys were kings (Temujin's the de facto leader of Erial, but his official title is Warlord, not King), so I'm pretty sure this is a reference to the old translation, where Royal Knights (Raphael and Richard's class) were called "Kings Knight". An awful name, if I may say so myself.

Muvphmfm oHmm... If she was with Richard, then... That's right, it WAS at Mahl Palace! I knew I'd seen that girl in the golden armor somewhere before!

0zfd96rn o Seriously, Holmes? Is this going to be the whole scene? You trying to remember the name of one of the characters who was in the goddamned cover of the game?!

Njdtyjkp oHey, Holmes? About Kranion, I think she...

Muvphmfm oShut up for a sec, I'm thinking!

Njdtyjkp oSorry...

Muvphmfm oWhat was her name...? Dammit, now the only name I can think of is "Kranion."

0zfd96rn o Is this dialogue being physically painful for anybody else?

Muvphmfm o Let's see... It was Princess... Tita? Tina?

0zfd96rn o Right there's the problem with having two characters in the same game called "Tita" and "Tia", respectively. Thank you for your help, Holmes. Now please remember the name already so we can get this completely pointless scene out of the way.

Muvphmfm o...Tia! That's right! Princess Tia of Leda!

P1zzgcas o Conglaturation !!! You have remembered a great name. And prooved the justice of your memory. Now go and rest our dumbass !

D5neekgt o

Tjizotmt o

Mwioo985 o

9n5lt7bo o

Tfijcmst o

0xlooktu o

Vummr49g o

Hyxfp2pi o

X5s8vlf9 o

Ozw8rrw4 o

Wsup4j8w o

Kgbth4es o

Uuuecvap o

E8ynsioe o2nwttoot o

Di6zkoqs o

Kryeywk8 o

Uqqlcya6 o

Ddwcrpzz o

Rk3zn2uc o

Gnssfun8 o

G9mxkebu o

3widanyz o

Tuis6nai o

Gcv3wdtc o

Lnpyxbpc o

Mzdsskia o

Kti87taw o

Cqfvccfh o

Km3eylte o

D5neekgt o0g1cai7h oKvnvgbkm o

This place is a dead end, where else could we have gone?

Ryr8ks4j o

I move south. Thankfully, the game doesn't force me to retread both of those cave skirmishes in reverse. Instead, Holmes disappears and reappears shortly afterwards on the other side. Convenient.

Okojdrtd o

And then... oh, Castle Salia? That's new! Perhaps we'll finally get an actual boss!

Weupyjnh o4cjheoll o

Ah, yes. Here he is. Viceroy Ahab of Salia, also known as one of three good bosses that Holmes's route has. No, I'm not kidding, he really only has three salvageable bosses, and this bald fellow is one of them. I dig his design, he looks shady but not overly so. It's great.

Generic Zachariah's General Bossman. Ergh, the other way around. Or not, I guess it works that way too. Yawn. Nothing to see here.

Rb2crqlu oGovofobt o

Zach sorties from Salia and moves to Blaad. Oh, shiet! That map's going to be used for an actual battle?!

...we need to make sure Bagman's all right! And Footballman, too. He let me down with Krishna, but hey, everyone makes mistakes, right? Everyone, we must haul ass--

Lwraahhp o

Never mind, we've got more scenes.

9zdfiy6u o

Look who's here! He whose head Eugen wants on a pike! This scene actually came before the one with Ahab, but since that one was so short, I decided to show that one first. Besides, I think the transition to the next scene works better this way.

Avxszvsw o

0zfd96rn o Another new character. That's a girl, a girl called... I can't remember, but everyone calls her Bud. She has a weird graphical glitch (notice that weird chunk of flesh next to her right hand? What's up with that?). She's... forgettable, really.

Swox3h53 o How's that red-haired kid doing? Is he feeling any better?

8hjyjt84 oYep, I think he'll heal up fine. His name's Rishel. He's out for a walk right now.

Swox3h53 o Rishel, huh? When I found him half-drowned in the river like that, I thought he'd be a goner for sure.

8hjyjt84 oIf you hadn't found him, he definitely would've been.

Swox3h53 o Don't give me all the credit. Hell, I expected to see his grave outside when I came back. I guess your motherly instincts kicked in, eh?

8hjyjt84 oAww, you're flattering me. Really, I didn't do anything special. Though y'know, Narcus... I am a bit low on cash at the moment. Could you help a girl out? Just an itty bitty loan?

Swox3h53 o A loan? You kidding me, Bud?! Don't you have a shred of pride as a thief? If you need money, you gotta steal it! That's how the world works!

0zfd96rn o You stole 300 gold from one of the strongest armies of the continent, and as a result now you've got Eugen as your enemy. I don't think you're in any position to give anybody lectures.

8hjyjt84 oIt's not for me, it's for Rishel! He doesn't like it when I steal, so I've been trying to make do with a side job... But medicine's really expensive!

Swox3h53 o Medicine for that kid, huh? I guess I did kinda dump him on you... All right, I'll get you what you need. See you later, Bud. Don't overdo it, you hear?

8hjyjt84 oGot it...

P1zzgcas o Look at that, he doesn't only just care about himself and nobody else. I mean, he's still a less well-written conglomerate of Hugh and Narcian, but...

Lwraahhp o

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Salia again!

Rx9qx3g4 o

Irgnjigb oWord has it that you're a big-shot mage, and I'm actually looking for some mages to help round out my ranks. Whatever you need, scrolls, books, funds... I can get it for you. Whaddya say, lad?

P1zzgcas o I love how he attempts to sound all hip and cool and easy-going while attempting to conscript a guy who apparently was almost dead just yesterday. Two lines, and Ahab's already miles better than anything else in Holmes's route. Including Holmes.

4usshout o

P1zzgcas o This is Rishel. He's fancy.

Uggd5dsm oNow if you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of packing for a long journey. Good day.

Irgnjigb oSure, sure. But if you ever change your mind, the position's always open.

Gonfzegj o

Uggd5dsm o...

9ecmx0kf o

Uggd5dsm oBud... I'm truly grateful for all you've done for me these past two years, but I can't stay here forever.

0zfd96rn o Am I the only one to whom this line strikes as odd? Rishel says he's been with Bud for the past two years, but Narcus talks about "finding him half-drowned in the river like that", among other things that seem to imply that he's only been with Bud for a couple weeks, tops. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Rishel having been here for all two years completely screws up the timeline. Then again, Tear Ring Saga is so confusing with its subplots sometimes, it could be that I'm the one making a mistake here.

Uggd5dsm oI can't avoid my family any longer... I want to see my little sister again. She must be worried sick about me.

0zfd96rn o See? Is this really the way someone would talk about a person he hasn't seen in two long years? At this point, she's probably far beyond being "worried sick" about you. Whether she hates you or misses you is besides the point, what matters here is that, after two years, one'd assume you're dead. Heck, even after just a few months! This is the Middle Ages of Anime, no such thing as phones here!

8hjyjt84 oBut I told you, Rishel! I went to the temple at Blaad to get help, but Meriel and Sister Renee weren't there! They said they'd left on a trip months ago, and that they haven't heard from them since!

Uggd5dsm oThat's precisely why I can't stay here. I think they both left to find me.

0zfd96rn o Oh, boy, even more problems. They left "months" ago... to find the guy who disappeared 2 years ago. Why wait a year and half to go look for him? This'd work so much better if he had been gone for a couple months or something along those lines. That'd have been a perfectly reasonable timeframe for Meriel to travel to Mahl, Renee to get caught by Maerchen, and Rishel and Narcus to use terms like "she must be worried sick about me" and "I expected to see his gravestone outside when I came back". If they really have been looking for Rishel for months, it's kinda baffling that noone's found him yet, considering he's spent the last two years in the city right next to Blaad.

Uggd5dsm oI'm particularly worried about Meriel, since she... urk... gaaah...!

8hjyjt84 oRishel!? I knew it, you still need more rest! Lie down! I'll get you your medicine!

0zfd96rn o A part of me is really worried that this is just me, but c'mon! Two years is too long a time for spontaneous developments such as these!

Wlieilo0 o

Uggd5dsm oDon't worry... about me, Bud... It'll pass... like always...

z1AOwbr.pngZUWbj0T.png

7hzvKcX.png

6BS601j.png

0zfd96rn o I don't think I like where this is going...

8hjyjt84 oI'll have to go get some more... I'll only be gone for a moment, Rishel! Just hang in there!

P1zzgcas o I've been really grumpy all this scene, but now's the time to go back to being positive Ruben. This is actually a brilliant move, but we won't find out why until two updates from now. Let us be patient. Questionable time lapses aside, this is already looking way better than the rest of Holmes's crap.

Ctt0dei5 o

Before we go to Blaad, I sell this harpy staff that I have no use for.

Prfjui6w oHs2npxdh oDklpg6ax o

With the money, I buy a staff for Mel, a bow for Holmes and a sword of San.

C3bar01r o

Always a pleasure to do business with you, my good man. Hwahahahah...

Lfuxb47o o

Let's go! You ain't touching Lionheart, you pricks!

Iaasy0wr o

Lionheart isn't old, though?

G7rshhmj o

Well, anyway. Time for the bossman to talk.

Vikzdotd o

0zfd96rn o He could be alone and still kick the asses of all your men. Maybe not you, though.

Oy93br8c o

Ejjzw24y oIt can't be! Selba has sent reinforcements already?!

Vshrc5ld oThat doesn't seem to be the case, sir. These forces came from the direction of Fort Ligria and are heading south to us.

Ejjzw24y oIt must be that troublesome band of mercenaries the rebels have hired... Order half of our troops to focus on defense! I will send a messenger to the Viceroy. We will have to hold out until he is able to send us reinforcements from Castle Salia.

Vshrc5ld oUnderstood, General!

0zfd96rn o I usually give even these useless recolors a Morgan, but today I wasn't feeling like giving "generic serious guy with no remarkable features #3" a recolored Morgan. Instead, I'll reuse "generic serious guy with no remarkable features #1". Congratulations, guy. You were too generic even to get your own unique Morgan.

Efplx5ta o

8t0ptuk8 o

Lfs1im7f o

Pthxwl7y o

Micv67kv o

Jrtqcqk6 o

Ly6eeqwp o

Dbx3ryio o

Krcebfkq o

Cy6rf5vu o

Ef4msgih o

9wqgo3xw oKnziv1uh o

B7ehnube o

Riehkti5 o

De1e6hum o

8ejshye5 o

7arsljjy o

La5q4ey5 o

Colhlpy5 o

Dfesqrt6 o

That's enough for a day. Next time, we go to Lionheart's aid, because I swear, if he dies while Holmes continues to waste valuable air, I'll be profoundly annoyed. But that should be easy, as next chapter's pathetic in terms of difficulty. Now watch as I lose half my army there. Well, whatever comes to pass, we'll see each other again in a few days. C'ya!

Death count: Attrom
                        Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna

Reset count: 2 (Runan: 1 - Katri: 1)

Dullahan's done with my incompetence: 3

Faye can... I don't know what she can do, I barely even know her, but... yeah fuck her.

Honestly, I think the hate on for Faye isn't even because of her character (which isn't helped by the one line that allows everyone to make jokes about her being a full-blown yandere).

He's the Jagen type (except gameplay-wise he's more of a Gotoh), those always put their work first. Except for Arran. Arran just wants to die a good knight. A fate I adamantly refuse to let him have.

Maybe so, but I was implying he wasn't thinking about it even before he was literally saddled with a kid and forced to go into hiding.

Good question, actually. I can't remember that ever being addressed in the game, but we shall see.

Honestly I doubt it, it doesn't seem like the kind of detail Kaga would worry about for this story.

Maruj Shapiro: instead of talking fast, he casts gusts of fast wind to tear his political enemies asunder.

And with that makes more sense as to why he has his supporters.

They do have their differences. For starters, Nergal's a lot less relevant to the plot of his game. Hey, you asked for it, you should know better than to mention FE7 in my presence.

Least Nergal had interesting characters directly under his employ.

Of course.

If you had a stable profile picture, I'd go ahead and make the obvious Tommy Wiseau edit. Alas...

Yeah, I think I need to make a change.

Implying Arkis has ever succeeded in piercing a woman.

I mean, he can't have been as bad on his first time as Eliwood.

I am only somewhat sorry for that one.

Just her speed? She was benched ages ago, and your only problem is her speed?

Okay, fine, everything else is bad. I just didn't want to draw attention to everything else.

Yeah, but hey, perfection doesn't exist, right?

Clearly you've never had a Legendary Super Sain.

Nah, it's actually because of Vantage, I'm pretty sure.

I thought that could be it too.

Except I don't think any of my units reaches Kreiss's flawless state of balance. My other mounts lose their stuff indoors, my footies don't have his movement, even my move growth footies both have lesser defenses. Kreiss is the team's Jack of All Trades, except instead of being mediocre in every way like other FE JoATs, he's great in every way. Sure, some guys are awesome in some aspects, but that doesn't stop Kreiss from being one of my best units.

Why does only his class gets low reductions when dismounted?

Yeah, they're both good here.

If you'd actually use Samson.

...there's an axe in FE called Swastika? Google doesn't say anything, so I'm gonna guess it's a reference I'm not getting. Please tell me it's not roundabout again...

Oh right, I keep on forgetting to call it Helswath.

Yeah, it's an old name.

Zldpzub4 o

Something Kaga must have said to himself when he had to cut the other route about it's likely protagonist.

Egyjgykd o

B4cp2kin oNo, just leave them. If they were able to make it this far, they'll be able to find their way out.

I don't think he realises how much trickier that got earlier.

Vummr49g o

Plot armour.

Ruben's robe is just lined with it I suppose.

Tuis6nai oGcv3wdtc oLnpyxbpc o

Least it's some enthusiasm.

8hjyjt84 o

Happy Dorothy thief.

I am on board with this, let's make it for a PME.

Irgnjigb oWord has it that you're a big-shot mage, and I'm actually looking for some mages to help round out my ranks. Whatever you need, scrolls, books, funds... I can get it for you. Whaddya say, lad?

Ahab's edit is also nice.

Uggd5dsm oBud... I'm truly grateful for all you've done for me these past two years, but I can't stay here forever.

0zfd96rn o Am I the only one to whom this line strikes as odd? Rishel says he's been with Bud for the past two years, but Narcus talks about "finding him half-drowned in the river like that", among other things that seem to imply that he's only been with Bud for a couple weeks, tops. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Rishel having been here for all two years completely screws up the timeline. Then again, Tear Ring Saga is so confusing with its subplots sometimes, it could be that I'm the one making a mistake here.

~~~~~~~~

0zfd96rn o Oh, boy, even more problems. They left "months" ago... to find the guy who disappeared 2 years ago. Why wait a year and half to go look for him? This'd work so much better if he had been gone for a couple months or something along those lines. That'd have been a perfectly reasonable timeframe for Meriel to travel to Mahl, Renee to get caught by Maerchen, and Rishel and Narcus to use terms like "she must be worried sick about me" and "I expected to see his gravestone outside when I came back". If they really have been looking for Rishel for months, it's kinda baffling that noone's found him yet, considering he's spent the last two years in the city right next to Blaad.

So wait, 2 years?

That doesn't sound right. Are we sure that Narcus hasn't lied to him about him being missing this long. As to why, I couldn't tell you.

Iaasy0wr o

Lionheart isn't old, though?

Maybe it's the general?

Dbx3ryio o

Krcebfkq o

Dbx3ryio o

Cy6rf5vu o

Ah Holmes, that's about the usual. But that's a bit harsh.

That's imply he tripped before the journey back.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guess it's an Axe-is power.

You know, I should probably have given you a more psycopathic smile. I kinda forgot about the time you made death puns for literally all of my FE6 deaths in the midst of making you into a sort of buttery abomination with a scarf.

Like Runan's?

Some people did. It was a Lot of fun, at Leest.

I should have ALotted a few puns an update. Given he was so useful the first time I played Binding Blade, it would have been the least I could have done.

No pain, no gain. Tell them to use real acid next time. If the kids die, they die.

That'd require going back. Actually, I wonder if the whole incident was why the offer I had to work setting up experiments was retracted when I applied for it later. Might explain something.

Damnable fiends...! I never was even able to reproduce that damned glitch. Maybe I just hallucinated it. That'd be a lot more reassuring.

That wouldn't explain the screenshots, the fact it subsequently happened to me on the same damn chapter forcing me to take the stat-booster I didn't intend to get, and the fact I've read Wyvern reinforcements (specifically reinforcements) of all things can also destroy the town you get Michalis at, meaning some units other than thieves can in game. I'll even source that. https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe12/guia/ENG_capitulo-21.htm

Holmes proves that Kaga isn't sexist. He despises all of humanity equally.

If Kaga was sexist, he'd probably have got the rights to Barbie just so he could make a game with trollish design. Also a slaver sequence.

Mwioo985 o

How can you make the tragic scene of Sid's death so comedic at the same time? Holmes lives up to his title of "The Blonde Dumbass".

8hjyjt84 oYep, I think he'll heal up fine. His name's Rishel. He's out for a walk right now.

Wait, so Dorothy did survived and ended up here? Man, this keeps up and your death count is going to look less tragic.

C3bar01r o

Always a pleasure to do business with you, my good man. Hwahahahah...

Can't get over the effort this game went to, making a unique portrait for that one armory guy.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

And with that makes more sense as to why he has his supporters.

I don't know. I might actually watch Ben Shapiro videos if they involved beating people with wind magic. At the very least it'd be entertaining.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

So wait, 2 years?

That doesn't sound right. Are we sure that Narcus hasn't lied to him about him being missing this long. As to why, I couldn't tell you.

Narcus is innumerate and thinks everything is a far larger number than it actually is. Ergo six months becomes two years, and 300 gold becomes "a vast fortune definitely worth stealing at risk of being emasculated, defenestrated and eviscerated by Eugen".

1 hour ago, Mad-manakete said:

I don't know. I might actually watch Ben Shapiro videos if they involved beating people with wind magic. At the very least it'd be entertaining.

Sorry, I meant it's make more sense that Maruj would than Ben Shapiro does.