Chaos reigns when I take the reins! - Let's play Tear Ring saga, Ironman mode, while being terrible at Fire Emblem!

Saint Rubenio

On 15/05/2019 at 3:58 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I know, right? She doesn't even look like she's related to Kreiss! She's so foolish. Kreiss is way cooler than Arkis!

OBJECTION!

If Kreiss is so cool how come the only woman who could fall in love with hims is blind, huh. Arkis' fiancé can actually see and apparently is quite attracted to him, if Kreiss was cool then we'd have a Lachesis situation on our hands. 

I don't know, the kind of guy you've proven to be multiple times over in this thread?

Care to elaborate?

Yeah... what about I use Shirou instead? I can promote him, unlike Arkis.

I mean, I'd pay to watch you try tbh. 

0pi701kl o

General, I'm trying to get along with my unit but I'm DUMMY THICC and the clap of my asscheeks keeps setting off landslides, and scaring them away. 

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 52 - Holmes and Lentzenheimer amaze me.

Personal stuff nobody cares about time! In lieu of Berwick, and as I struggle to finish my FE12 Maniac run (two chapters to go now! Slow and steady wins the race, they say...), I think I'll play Thracia when the good translation is done. Thracia is a game that's always interested me. Especially the capture system, I've always been a sucker for having the ability to spare enemies in games. Berwick does have a capture system, but it's RNG-based, one of the few things I can't say I like too much about the game.

The translation's really the only thing that's been holding me back all these years, but thanks to Cirosan's efforts, that shall soon no longer be a problem.

Anything you guys would like to tell me? Other than "Ruben please, don't try to recruit Xavier, think of your sanity". You think I'm going to bypass a Dougy lookalike who's also the only General in the game? Pfhah! Okay I actually might his recruitment sounds like it's on an entirely different league than anything I've seen before in FE... then again, I hate myself enough to show off my hopeless incompetence on the internet and somehow manage to make it reach the first page of the most viewed LPs of the site... I don't know if I'm proud or ashamed of that. It's not even just one, the FE6 one is already there, and this one'll get there in a couple updates, if I did the math right. Yes, I did math on my views. It does my ego good, y'know? Did you guys know I was the maker of the most popular level in the Gunpoint workshop? Yeah, I'm important stuff. Never heard of Gunpoint? It's a pretty awesome game, I recommend you all grab it, not to mention, you can download my level! I'm thinking, normally when somebody does this "write a joke in small striked text" thingy, they don't write a full-on paragraph. Oh, well. Too late to stop now. And I can't go back and cut down on it, I'm Spanish, I've paellas to eat and bullfighting to watch. Yawn. Did somebody say "siesta"? Never been much of a nap guy, though. Always feel like shit when I get up from one. Hey, Ruben from the editing room here. Can you please shut the fuck up, Ruben from the past? This is way too much text, and I'm the one who has to shrink and strike it all, you know. Ruben from the past here, why don't you find a real job, then? Ruben from the editing room here. Good idea. Fuck you guys, I quit. Find yourselves somebody else to do your formatting. Ruben from the past here. Nooooooooooooooooooooo don't leaveeeeeeeeeeeee...! Ruben from the present here. Man, did I go overboard with the joke this time. Good friggin' blistering barnacles, okay, let's just stop now.

You know:

Spoiler
On 15/5/2019 at 7:12 PM, Dayni said:

The song itself is a joke (as was me going into why I was suggesting build that wall 'round Donegal)

Then again, I'd still think it's more sensible than either of Trump's wall ideas.

Might be. I don't know, haven't been keeping track of Trump much. His memes aren't as spicy as former Spanish president Rajoy's, in my humble opinion. Seriously, that guy had a mouth made out of gold. Such classics as "we are feelings and we have human beings", or when he said "all we've done, which you [his political rival] have not, is... to l-lie to the people", or... whatever he was trying to say that time he was talking about machines. Hilarious.

I mean, I powered through with the issues FE4 had really.

So for me, I'm not as observant of those issues. Then Chapter 2/7 happens and it all starts coming back.

That's... not helpful.

I would still disagree there's no point using infantry, with the sheer size of enemy forces only the most OP of cavs would not require more support than the rest of the cav forces and in a game where splitting up is expected, I do think having uses for the rest of your army should be expected.

Well, that's nice to hear.

The A-rank for this game is 400 turns, 100 more than for HHM BS. This will likely require you still using those units, definitely if you're trying to get the AAAA rank.

Yeah, well, I don't care at all about ranks, so that's a null point for me.

Reasonably few can be used is a bit overstated for Genealogy imo. Yes, you can go soloing with Sigurd, but I think that takes away from making a useful force in 

On 15/5/2019 at 10:53 PM, Dayni said:

It happened again. I swear, do I need a proofreader?

Yes. Either that, or take two minutes to just quickly go over all your sentences making sure they're all satisfactorily concluded.

"Reasonably few can be used is a bit overstated for Genealogy imo. Yes, you can go soloing with Sigurd, but I think that takes away from making a useful force and can backfire hard if you make a mistake you can't undo (something that to be fair is possible with the way money's handled)."

Interesting.

Pairings also absolutely need reworking for a remake, that I would not dispute. Maybe I'm also okay with ridiculous kids in G2 considering that the game throws some BS at you (Not that it can't be done without them).

Hm. Well, then.

Just kind of thought on it when I was confirming which group Mac Lir belonged to, the Fir Bolg had giants among them, I got to thinking.

Fir? That was one of the many, many people who died to my FE6 LP. Man... I wanted to use her, too.

I should stop telling you no.

Yeah, at this rate I'll figure you out by process of elimination.

That this is filler to the max?

Kinda.

I'll be honest, bit harsh on her there, least she got skill.

What does she even need that for?

He keeps missing arrows in the tank.

Does that mean he is.... the one?

Qbaghl1y o

So you're saying Kaga did stairs movement first?

Kaga dammit, this is terrible!

Yes, it is. It very much is. But not as much as swamps.

I mean, he could still survive.

Nah, Tom needed the experience to get absolutely nothing.

I mean, I keep thinking of that one song about the devil with these spells.

Hahahahah, yeah, these spells tend to get you in that mood.

Simply spectacular.

TBtF.png

You piece of-- and you had to pick the most ridiculous face, didn't you? Damnit... at least give me, I don't know, Orlo's death quote or something! Don't shackle me with Brilliant Dumbass's brilliance!

That is absolutely concerning.

Tom's outside his tank! He's doomed!

Not quite. He's just unlocked a different kind of power.

Shigen doesn't appreciate it as much.

Yeah, but...

I'm disappointed you didn't do a ballista edit.

Perhaps next time. The implication's that he got hit on the chest. See all the splatter, and how he's sorta looking down? We'll get Lalum 2 some other time.

He did increase his luck by 33%.

Yeah, I did say I liked the level, didn't I?

If this was intended to be depressing, there's no way her parents would be ready and waiting for her.

So many things that what happened to her might cause I'd rather not think on.

C'mon, I was trying to be nice to the characters for once!

He could still run away again.

Knowing his luck, he'd run into General Lawrence. Or more likely Law, who'd exposit on the power of friendship through Carluon or something.

Ah, General Lawrence. Been a while since we last ran into any potential General Lawrences, right?

I mean, this is Margaret.

Pretty sure stern's always her default.

Kinda, yes.

I don't remember that nickname.

Can't blame you, it was only mentioned once.

I'd say she's more like a "Marching Queen" or "Lady Landslide".

That second one's the exact same thing!

On 15/5/2019 at 7:29 PM, BrightBow said:

Sadly Sierra's growths are even a bit worse then those of the rest of the mages. None of her growths except HP are above 25%.

Yeah... Warp more than makes up for that, but still. Seeing her level up won't be pretty.

On 15/5/2019 at 8:36 PM, eclipse said:

This is a Christian server, randomly swearing in Spanish is not allowed! :P:

Oh, so I can swear, yell and curse in every manner imaginable, but when I do it in a different language, that's where you draw the line?

Blistering motherfuckin' barnacles...

On 16/5/2019 at 1:26 AM, Hawkwing said:

Apology accepted. That is the correct spelling, by the way.

Yeah, of course, I just wanted to say ass. Heh. Ass.

They also skinned people alive.

JESUS FUCKING ASS! What was wrong with 'em?

I visited a job fair yesterday. Have a stack of business cards, and gave out the majority of my resumes. Even got a call to set up an interview today.

I'm also auditing a machining class. I wake up at 6 AM every day and stay there until 4:30 or 5 PM. Don't get any credit for it, and I have to pay if I want to take any tests, but it is free and it's getting rid of cobwebs that have built up since I haven't touched a manual lathe or mill in 2 to 3 years. It is also a good way to pass the time during the job search.

Man.

Go to sleep, will you?

Oh, well, anyhow. How'd the interview go?

I'm surprised it lasted this long myself.

Yeah... 'least it died already.

I weigh 108 pounds. Sometimes 109 or 110.

I have a fast metabolism, and I tend walk/run around when I'm thinking, which is pretty much all the time. That's my thoughts on it, anyway.

Wait, 50 kilograms? There's no way that's right, you'd have to be tiny as a mouse and thin as a stick for that to work.

Goddamnit, you don't just need to sleep, you need to eat! Eat, Hawkwing, eat now! It's the US, it can't be that hard to find a place to eat!

Huh, interesting. I think I'll check the game out when I have the ti-

I definitely recommend it. The interface is rudimentary, due to RPG maker, but it's still very interesting.

...On second thought...

What? You spend all the time talking about gore and bloody murder, but when the time comes to do the foul deed, you chicken out? Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheeeeeep!

In all seriousness, the stories for each scenario are rather engaging, the puzzles are pretty amazing (they take some turns you'd not expect at times) and very logical for the most part, the replayability is through the roof (since the scenarios are short but have many ways to get through)... not to mention, the victims aren't exactly saints. In fact, they're just barely under Lentzenheimer's level scumbagness. To put things into perspective, the least bad of them is a worthless leech of a manchild whose sister asked him for money to help her dying boyfriend, and he refused because "there was nothing that could be done". And that's not even the worst thing he does. Aside from him, you've also got an abusive husband, a cheating zealot, and an insane psycopath. Is murder the answer? I don't know, the protagonists aren't exactly shining heroes either, but it's not like you're killing innocent people, if that's your problem.

Not to mention, it's, what, 3 euros for the whole package? I truly recommend it, even more than the other one. It's a pretty unique experience. But if you can't get past the "killing bad even in fiction" part, then I suppose that's that.

I mean, a random lion could have escaped the circus and prowled the streets, before thinking that the slaver would make for a good snack. Or a giant worm could appear and swallow the slaver whole. Or you could recreate the ant scene from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Point is, there are a lot of options to choose from, both fictional and real.

...remind me again, what's the problem with the Deed games...?

That makes more sense. In other words, Zepp was getting desperate while playing Stronghold, and still had stone to spare.

Except if he had played Stronghold before, then he would have known that the enemy loves to ignore your carefully thought out castle and head immediately for the one spot you forgot to cover. And Stronghold: Crusader has deserts that everyone travels through just fine, sooooo....

Well, this ain't Stronghold: Crusader. You can't travel through desert just fine.

I'm still waiting for the time when said reoccurring enemy looses a limb from the ordeal, and comes back with a mechanical/magical arm or leg.

It actually kinda happens in fanmade hack Order of the Crimson Arm. The team's Jagen cuts off a guy's arm before he can retreat, and it causes a spiral of events that lead to a hilariously over-the-top conclusion.

Image result for you had my interest now you have my attention

Ain't that grand.

Perhaphs Lentzhiemer was annoyed by the grumbling of the peasants when he raised the rice tax, and was so mad that he decided to make an example of them. Instead, that only incurred a rebellion, who's fires were fanned by a "random ronin". This leads to further loss of land and thus less soldiers.

This is why having high honor is important before attempting anything shorthanded. If only those villains would realize that they could gain it back by rescuing priests, fighting ninjas, and defending the innocent from bandits, instead of attempting kidnappings, assassinations and giving out thinly veiled threats over and over again. At the very least, I wish they would be brave enough to defend their ancestors when I tell them that they hauled dung, so that I could honorably cut down the nuisance and let them die like a Samurai instead of a dog.

This is Lentzenheimer we're talking about. Do you really think he cares? He's too busy kissing his mirror to care.

Being fair, viewing this topic on mobile always skips to that update, for some reason. That, and I like pragmatic villains. And I read some past updates to pass the time occasionally.

I... don't understand why it does that. Also, if you've the time to read past updates, why don't you read my past wo-- okay, I can't blame you, honestly, FE12 is so much worse than this one...

Amazing how certain comments gain a different perspective in hindsight.

Tell me that. Out of sheer boredom, I begun reading this thread from the start in class. Pretty funny how lukewarm I initally was about Kreiss.

Heh heh heh heh hahahahahahaha!

Oh man, I would actually play that.

Shao Khan being playable without any strings attached is worth it on it's own.

I can imagine.

I thought about that when making the joke, but decided to leave it out for responses like this.

So you basically baited me into saying it instead of you. Quite crafty.

...I was talking about the enemy.

Oh.

Well, they'll just use their units, as usual.

The boat maps are all pretty samey.

At least Gaiden used them as an opportunity to show that arcanists will use healing spells when given the chance as well as how cantors work. There were some good ideas with the map design.

I suppose so, but then, twenty field maps that are the same.

I thank and curse thee for teaching me some Spanish swear words.

Ahahah, that's just grand.

Elthunder in this game is amazing.

Picturing Tom stunt driving a tank to dodge the blast is even more so.

He's been there for the past few months. By now, he ought to be great at driving the thing!

Image result for i understood that reference

Very cool. Now play Shadow Dragon, at last!

I predicted that there would be reinforcements on such a large map.

I do question why there are only three of them, though.

Six*

Wyvern corps? Did this game steal from Fantasy General?

By the way, more fantasy games, books, movies, etc., need to have their military forces separated by official corps.

I mean, this one does. Kinda. Sometimes they separate them, other times they don't.

Awesome crit, even if because it it looks like Sierra is the lead singer of a rock band.

I could've fixed your own typo, too, but... mmmnaaaah.

Ironic. In an attempt to save his life, he instead doomed it.

He did not Praevail.

Ehehehehehehe... I regret nothing!

That's... not the face of a man who just took a ballista bolt to the che-

On second thought, that's exactly the face of a man who's looking at the ballista bolt in his chest.

See, I'm an artistic genius!

So that's how she's alive.

Wonder what will happen if they try using the stone when the person is still alive.

We'll see, perhaps.

Nice callback. I'm not certain if the inn owner ever got her comeuppance, though. Especially if she could just find another businessperson...

She didn't... maybe I should fix that, in some way.

I really like these random smiles in the middle of this conversation

You're only now noticing them?

Glad to see this side of the story is moving along. A good breather after what happened last time.

Calm before the storm, as they say...

On 16/5/2019 at 9:10 AM, Mad-manakete said:

I'll second that I like the DS character art. Not necessarily going to say anything on the SNES art.

That's all right, one of two.

Plus, you would've had to make your self-insert a terrible person to carry that out.

More or less. Though, I kinda already have, in the past, haven't I.

Well, the pegasus did relinquish the job to some extent, given that she's not riding it it into battle. Even if it's still around... it's not doing what it used to and we all know damn well why. On the other issue, I'm going with the angle Wally is a bit naive. As for the content, I kind of winged it (pun unintended) and got a suitable back-cover blurb.

You clearly didn't get what I meant, eh.

Besides the fact Kefka had good music, his introduction set him apart from any Final Fantasy villain prior. We got to see how unhinged he was right off the bat with him worrying about sand on his boots in the middle of a goddamn desert. Which is funny because he was a much more straight-laced villain in the original plot outline. The addition of that line during development changed the character's tone and made him from just another villain to one of the most popular in the series because he was batshit crazy.

I know that. He's a pretty big deal, it would appear.
I feel this actually made Final Fantasy VI a lot stronger a game over-all, as I'm of the school of thought that a story is only as good as it's villain allows. My go to example is why I consider Batman or Spider-man tend to do so well. One look at their rogues galleries, and you'll see they aren't just large, but memorable. Characters with poorer casts of enemies tend to go through more rough patches sales-wise. We've seen this with Wonder Woman at points in her decades long run despite popularity of the character (doesn't help most people can't name 5 of her foes without resorting to Greco-Roman Gods or a google search), or Aquaman (who has suffered way too many cancellations due to said rough patches). We've seen from both examples movies it's not that either Wonder Woman or Aquaman aren't viable. It's merely a matter of use... and if you only have so many foes then you tend to be more likely to double up on storylines.

Agreed on most accounts.

Given that my father is Odin, you'd think a Norse God like Thor would be more apt. I think feats of strength and endurance run in the family. Said brother once entered a chili eating contest. The other contestants were all larger than him, and he was mocked, expected to have zero chance. The contest was first to four bowls eaten wins. Most of the opponents submitted by the end of the second bowl. By the time my brother finished his third bowl, his one remaining opponent, who was starting his own third bowl quit on the grounds he had no chance of catching him. My brother proceeded to eat the fourth bowl just to prove he didn't just win by default. My youngest brother (who I nicknamed apeboy because he punches like a gorilla), as I've told another forum user, is a boxer, and has had sparring matches with former world champion Michael Katsidis... who he apparently punches harder than according to mutual sparring partners. Then there's my grandfather's younger brother who was attacked by a mako while diving and ended up leaving the water having killed it and cut it's jaws out as a trophy... which we still have. Apeboy likes to call me the wuss of the family for not doing anything on the level of the others.

A colorful family, ain't it? Also, is Apeboy an asshole or what?

I kind of know what you're talking about sort of. I've been oblivious to the point that women just assume it's disinterest.

That's... kinda not it, but let's not go further.

This. https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Special_Sonic_Search_and_Smash_Squad

Aahhh... yes I see the correlation.

Well to be fair, wouldn't you retreat if you were stabbed in such a region and had the slightest opportunity? (Noting these people usually don't have that)

If I had innate rewarp like a lot of baddies do in cutscenes, I would.

It's seriously hilarious how pretty much every single mage baddie has that. Even someone like Riev's boring underling from chapter 6 in FE8 was warping all over the place in the cutscene. I'd like to see that made into a game mechanic. You know, without the possibility to easily break everything, like in The Last Promise.

You know, maybe we should let up on the poor guy a little. He was really helpful when Anacybele had that idiot impersonating her on fanfiction.net. All jokes about him aside, he's a pretty solid guy.

Hey, he's not a bad guy. It's just the thread theme that we're constantly being assholes towards each other. Been that way since last LP, too.

One day we need to get someone with a singing voice to record these and make an album based on the LP. Probably throw in a variation of the Batman theme changed to "Bagman theme" as a bonus track. Then I'll see if I can write a few more songs (Unleash the The based off Under the Sea, Footballman based off Son of Man, and of course "I am Law", based off... "I am the Law")
Pfffffft... you could make that the remarkable thing you do so Apeboy stops calling you a wuss. You'd be the artist of the family. A... very specific artist.

Tom is my favourite dodgetank.

Hahahahahahah, same.

It's a typo? I thought they were just aiming for Holmes.

Bwahahahaahah-- boom! Hahahah... Poor guy.

To be fair, self-preservation over "I'll take at least one of them with me" is a realistic motivation... even if it's ultimately futile. For A.I. stupidity, this makes a lot more sense than attacking someone you can't harm.

Except he could easily kill Sierra and leave The Roger and Garo within killing range of the Wyverns. Doesn't hold up.

Damn. That's probably the most devastating thing he could have done. I thought his threats while being attacked with a ballista were all hot air, but obviously not. How many bosses does this make him more damaging than?

A good chunk, yes.

Look he thinks he's in a telltale game. Explains why he made the wrong choice earlier, he thought both outcomes would be the same in the end.

They were... only problem is, his fate was determinant ever since Xyon chose to spare him instead of killing him inmediately. It is a known fact that, in a Telltale game, determinant = inminent death. Alas, he didn't stand a chance.

On 18/5/2019 at 2:11 AM, Pengaius said:

OBJECTION!

Xhm9t8w4 o

If Kreiss is so cool how come the only woman who could fall in love with hims is blind, huh. Arkis' fiancé can actually see and apparently is quite attracted to him, if Kreiss was cool then we'd have a Lachesis situation on our hands. 

Maybe he's just not desperate like Arkis is.

Care to elaborate?

Nah, I'll just leave it there. Heheheheheh!

I mean, I'd pay to watch you try tbh. 

Yeah, well too bad.

General, I'm trying to get along with my unit but I'm DUMMY THICC and the clap of my asscheeks keeps setting off landslides, and scaring them away. 

Actually, no, she's just a dickhead all the time.

The drill:

Spoiler
Ho4oqnf5 o

That second-to-last turn was way too intense. Let's do something else now.

Qew4ixft o

0zfd96rn o Since when does Holmes have a grudge against the Empire? Didn't seem to bother him that much all those weeks of just dicking around western Lieberia without any goals in mind.

Gmhhyxnn oSay, Holmes, I know the plan was to head to the Isle of Yr and then to Granada, but since we've already weakened the Imperial forces...

Muvphmfm oI was thinking the same thing. We'll take care of Granada first. It's not like we're in a rush to get to Yr.

Gmhhyxnn oYeah, the Isle will be fine without us. My father's there to take care of the place, so no worries about that.

Muvphmfm oInform the rest of the crew, then, and set a new course for Granada! They'll pay for what they did to me and Runan last year!

E9mkpwfc o

5o0r3xri o

Pgslhalv o

Tjk8swix o

G0gwxi9r o

Psuars5d o

Z9ns7b2x o

R8ofjpzb o

Mip7a5c1 o

S3ce1z0a o

Jfgkacfk o

Ul65ks3d o

6thjomof o

Dckk9av7 o

Hlv0kxem o

W2duuhnv o

Fbayxajb o

Muc94qo2 o

Fdwpxwrs o

And thus, Holmes's character does a complete 180º turn and we suddenly care about Granada. All righty, then. Runan had all these scenes to set the homecoming up, all that time stressing how the Razellians in the army (read, Arkis and Kreiss) wanted to go back and take back what was theirs... the game even went out of its way to start building up Lentzenheimer as far back as when Vega was recruited! And then there's Holmes, who just sort of does it on a whim.

Oh, well. Whatever. Let's see what Xyon's up to.

Tof7g8th oAwgurdyr o

0zfd96rn o ...oh.

Nzki4hre oIt was nothing, Lady Renee. It's Admiral Bismarck you should thank.

0zfd96rn o ...oh?

22ntkgm2 oAdmiral Bismarck?

Nzki4hre oHe's the one who picked you up. He said he found you half-drowned, floating along on some jetsam.

4lt3brpp o ...oh?!

22ntkgm2 oReally...? I don't recall any of that. I remember falling off the boat and waking up here, but nothing in between.

Txtsgp4e o

Nzki4hre oI'm afraid... that's no longer possible.

22ntkgm2 oWhat?

Mg93vfhc o

4lt3brpp o ...

4lt3brpp o ...HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

22ntkgm2 o Oh, dear... How awful...

4lt3brpp o Of course! As if the whole "let's randomly attack a cargo ship that was no threat to us" shlock wasn't already dumb enough, the game drops this bombshell without warning! Turns out, the dude who seemed to be a decent fellow, y'know, the one we killed for no goddamned reason? He rescued Renee after the whole encounter with Maerchen. He succeeded where Holmes failed, and how did we repay him? By fucking murdering him, of course! What a twist, eh? Bet you didn't see this coming! This is just grand! Just-friggin'-grand!

8md2oeel o

P1zzgcas o Suddenly, a person! Are you General Lawrence, perchance?

Nzki4hre oWhat is it, Pike? Do you have news about the fleet?

0zfd96rn o Seems not. This man is the next in line to join "Marajah's Club of Good Names that were Lost". He used to be Parker. Now he's... a stick? What? Why? I won't judge your judgement, Aethin, but I liked Parker better, I've got to say.

O5zwkcmi oYes, sir... Lieutenant Praeva's flotilla has been completely annihilated by the same pirates that attacked Admiral Bismarck. The pirates are headed here next.

Nzki4hre oWhat?! No... I can't believe it... How could those pirates have mustered such a force as to rival the Imperial navy?

0zfd96rn o Runan left some guys with him. Also, Shigen.

22ntkgm2 oSir Xyon...

Nzki4hre oRenee, you need to leave right now. This city is about to become a battlefield.

O71i6bdy o

Nzki4hre oYou can't. I won't let you get involved in this. Pike, find her an escort out of the city.

O5zwkcmi oYes, General Xyon.

0zfd96rn o I like how this guy dismisses the best cleric in the game so as not to get her involved in a battle that might result in her getting killed, yet Holmes conscripted a girl right after rescuing her from a brothel and had her dance for a bunch of sweaty guys. You know, as if the list of people that are more decent human beings than Holmes wasn't large enough already. He's lucky the only degenerate among those men was Maerchen...

Nzki4hre oAfter you've gotten her an escort, I want you to take the reserve corps and stand by at the western side of the city. Look for an opportunity to flank the enemy.

O5zwkcmi oUnderstood, General!

V3qvfz66 o

22ntkgm2 oSir Xyon...

M0jv1ryo o

There's Xyon. Predictably, he seems to be a Wyvern Knight. We murdered the man who saved Renee - basically doing what, had Attrom survived, would've been our goal for the past ten chapters or so - and now we're going to murder an honorable, great knight who seems like he'd make for a better governor than Holmes. Even Pike seems like a decent fellow. Is it too much to ask that I can spare them?

He8cuw3k o

I've a pressing need for blood. Since I can't kill Holmes permanently, let's go see if we can't do something about good ol' Lentzie.

Xp8ebswo o

Say your prayers, blue boy, 'cause Sasha hungers! And me. I also hunger. But I hunger for food. Sasha hungers for BLAAD-- I MEAN BLOOD!

Dtw9hzee o

Enemy unseen? And why is the title card so underwhelming?

5w1xqgyf o

Ih49ob2i oNo, that can't be possible... Lentzenheimer may be a devious little worm, but he wouldn't just turn tail... This must be some sort of trap.

Um606rva oI agree. Lentzenheimer's not the type to give up anything, at least not whillingly. Any suggestions on how to proceed, Eugen?

Ih49ob2i oI propose we inquire with the locals as to what's going on here.

P1zzgcas o Ah, good old Eugen tactics. Terrible as ever. Talking with the locals gets us nothing other than loot. We are instead forced to find out what's going on the hard way. More on that next time.

Ih49ob2i oBut above all, we must stay vigilant. The enemy is undoubtedly hiding somewhere...

Lnerxtzz o

Meanwhile, in the fortress of EVIL (jr.)... which used to belong to good...

Pnkr8xko o

P1zzgcas o We find evil (jr.) in the middle of sucking his own cock. I am rather impressed, it must be quite the difficult feat, since it's probably no longer than Footballman's hair. The hair on the top of his head, that is. Lentzenheimer wishes his dinky junk was as big as Footballman's magnificent beard.

Hphlcnx3 o

F4aswdy8 o On the other side of the room, we find the reason I wanted to show off both routes, more than anything. Zieg does not appear in the other route. And when you see the scene, you'll realize how much of a flying shame that is.

Fpskfjqi oAh, Sir Zieg. I've been waiting for you. You said you had Shadow Knights stationed at Reeve Palace who would come to our aid, but they haven't arrived yet. What is going on at the capital?

Rqqssoyw oThe plan has changed, I'm afraid. The reinforcements will not be coming.

Fpskfjqi oW-Wait, you're abandoning me?!

Rqqssoyw oHis Excellency is very preoccupied with a revolt in the northern Empire, so we simply can't afford to lend you such a large amount of soldiers right now.

P1zzgcas o Thanks, Sennet. We owe you one.

Rqqssoyw oNot that we would if we could.

F4aswdy8 o Oh? What is this?

Fpskfjqi oBut I can't fight off Runan's massive army on my own! It's suicide!

W1vxoijz o

Cukogup1 o

F4aswdy8 o ...

On 10/5/2019 at 11:22 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

0zfd96rn o Man, the good guys don't like him, the sympathetic bad guys don't like him, his own family didn't like him... all that's left is for even Gerxel to hate him, and he'll officially be the continent's most despised man. And it'll be a most warranted title.

Rqqssoyw oOur last use for you will be to cover my retreat, so I'll be leaving a handful of soldiers behind to help with that, at least.

Tvwsskkr oZ7jta7t3 o

On 10/5/2019 at 11:22 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

all that's left is for even Gerxel to hate him, and he'll officially be the continent's most despised man.

Fbhlbrvf o

F4aswdy8 o ...even Gerxel, ladies and gentlemen. Even Gerxel hates this pathetic manchild's guts. I wish I could say something more, but I just... I can't. This scene speaks for itself. Remember back in FE6 when Murdock gave Narcian the verbal smackdown of his life? I think... I think Murdock might've just been one-upped. That... was magnificent. Totally worth the betrayal, I must say. Godspeed, Zieg. We may've had our disagreements in the past, but... you've earned my undying respect.

Dlfikg7r o

Lentzenheimer doesn't even respond to that. He's completely, throughoutly, utterly humiliated.

His countrymen hate him, Runan's come for his head, Canaan abandoned him and his dad -- heck, speaking of his dad, Dholm's probably laughing his ass off in hell right now! "I am welcome anywhere I please", my ass! Even the insane, genocidal dark sorcerer who loves a deformed dragon thought he was a terrible person! All that's left is for him to die the painful, slow, sad, pitiful little death he deserves!

And I'm sure even that won't be the end of his torment! Satan and God will both want to have nothing to do with stinky tiny Lentzie! They'll be like "You take him! No, YOU take him!" for years on end while Lentzenheimer just wanders around purgatory, able to do naught but cry as every lost soul in existance laughs at his misery!

Ahahahahahahahahah... Hwahahahahahahah! I've got to hand it to TRS. It may have its flaws, it may have things I don't like, but fuck me if this send-off isn't completely epic. Literally everybody hates Lentzenheimer. I can just imagine something like the WWI Christmas Truce; Barker and Julius will be sitting next to Zieg and Carla, with Sennet and Tia not too far away, all together in peace and harmony, watching as Lentzenheimer dances the final steps of the sad waltz that was his life before Runan shanks him.

It's beautiful. 10/10. I love this. All that's left is for Eugen to unleash his sass on Lentzie. Hope we'll get to see that.

...oh, goodness. That was... positively cathartic. Everybody, look forward to the next update, for it is then that Lentzenheimer shall fall... or... shall he? Find out what happens next, same place as ever! I ain't going nowhere! 'Least I don't think so... in any case, I hope you'll all fare well until the next update! Auf wiedersehen, adios, arrivederci, au revoir, じゃあね, goodbye!

Death count: Attrom
                        Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna
                        Indiana Jones

Reset count: 2 (Runan: 1 - Katri: 1)

Dullahan's done with my incompetence: 6

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Xhm9t8w4 o

I'm going to keep this as a reaction image if that's ok!

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fbayxajb o

Wrys is my spirit animal. 

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This must be some sort of trap.

Oh no The Super Secret Stealth Attack!

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pnkr8xko o

I can only imagine the look on his face as he marches to reclaim his homeland unnopposed, what a boost it shall provide to his troops morale. 

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Barker and Julius will be sitting next to Zieg and Carla, with Sennet and Tia not too far away, all together in peace and harmony, watching as Lentzenheimer dances the final steps of the sad waltz that was his life before Runan shanks him.

You forgot to mention Guenchaos and his dragon-waifu, Holmes drinking his sorrows away while Eugen beats him up and Sasha's wyvern having a break from the bloody conflicts. (Sasha is probably killing some undeads or something)

On 5/16/2019 at 3:10 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Not quite. Human stupidity seems to be infinite. While one can only come up with so many good ideas... it's very easy to come up with a bad idea no one has done.

In other words, the methods change, but the result is the same.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:10 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Or just a missing limb. And then keeps coming back one limb less each time until it's pretty much the black knight sequence from Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

And then they crawl along the ground like a snake and try to bite their enemies feet off.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Personal stuff nobody cares about time! In lieu of Berwick, and as I struggle to finish my FE12 Maniac run (two chapters to go now! Slow and steady wins the race, they say...), I think I'll play Thracia when the good translation is done. Thracia is a game that's always interested me. Especially the capture system, I've always been a sucker for having the ability to spare enemies in games. Berwick does have a capture system, but it's RNG-based, one of the few things I can't say I like too much about the game.

I'm interested to see your thoughts on Thracia once you get your hands on it! It always was a game that I was uncertain of playing, as I could see myself either enjoying or hating certain mechanics.

Oh, well, anyhow. How'd the interview go?

It's this Tuesday. My car actually broke down a few days ago (the suspension had broke a few weeks before), so I had to buy a new one.

What? You spend all the time talking about gore and bloody murder, but when the time comes to do the foul deed, you chicken out? Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheeeeeep!

Less "you kill people who probably deserve it" and more "you frame someone else for a crime they didn't do". With some extremely bare exceptions (and all of them are Biblical), that is something I absolutely despise, no matter if it's in reality or fiction.

This is Lentzenheimer we're talking about. Do you really think he cares? He's too busy kissing his mirror to care

I knew I should have mentioned that I was making a joke about Sword of the Samurai. Although now that you mention it, he probably would spend his entire time locked up in his estate, not bothering to leave it.

I... don't understand why it does that. Also, if you've the time to read past updates, why don't you read my past wo-- okay, I can't blame you, honestly, FE12 is so much worse than this one...

I post and view topics erratically. I surprise myself with how I go about things at points.

So you basically baited me into saying it instead of you. Quite crafty.

I've done that more than once throughout this lets play.

I suppose so, but then, twenty field maps that are the same.

More like 6 or 7 that are pretty much interchangeable. Excluding forest maps, of course. And all the castle maps are unique, so the most fun ones are neat to play, at least.

You're only now noticing them?

No, just these smiles in the middle of an otherwise bittersweet talk.

Xhm9t8w4 o

This is such a surreal hodgepodge that it borders the line between freaky and hilarious.

Or I'm overthinking what the human arm means.

Tjk8swix o

Shigen's is a win no matter who's writing him.

Z9ns7b2x oR8ofjpzb o

You aren't going to forget that moment, are you?

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Tof7g8th oAwgurdyr o

Wait, Renee?!?

As in, the Renee that fell overboard?!?!?

As in, the sister of Alm Attrom who we thought died?!?!?!?!?

As in, the character that I accidentally misnamed Mel and who Eugen should have dove overboard to save?

She's alive?!?!?!?!?!?!

22ntkgm2 oAdmiral Bismarck?

Nzki4hre oHe's the one who picked you up. He said he found you half-drowned, floating along on some jetsam.

4lt3brpp o ...oh?!

22ntkgm2 oReally...? I don't recall any of that. I remember falling off the boat and waking up here, but nothing in between.

So she survived.

And Admiral Bismark actually had some plot importance. Shame he died so quickly. I liked where the portrait joke was going, but alas...

Mg93vfhc o

4lt3brpp o ...

4lt3brpp o ...HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

At this rate, Holmes could trip and hit the ground, which would lead to movement in the tectonic plates, which in turn causes a massive earthquake , which causes all the volcanoes on the planet exploding, leading to the world exploding, leading to the solar system exploding, causing a chain reaction until all of reality is enveloped in a giant ball of space fire.

4lt3brpp o Of course! As if the whole "let's randomly attack a cargo ship that was no threat to us" shlock wasn't already dumb enough, the game drops this bombshell without warning! Turns out, the dude who seemed to be a decent fellow, y'know, the one we killed for no goddamned reason? He rescued Renee after the whole encounter with Maerchen. He succeeded where Holmes failed, and how did we repay him? By fucking murdering him, of course! What a twist, eh? Bet you didn't see this coming! This is just grand! Just-friggin'-grand!

That is a great twist, I will give Kaga that.

It makes me wonder how things play out if Attrom survives, though.

P1zzgcas o Suddenly, a person! Are you General Lawrence, perchance?

blxUtntsCxLj16hu_cE_hc1Zt8KFThUghrteHI2HmZmNbxY7hBYewsL6Qj43MuXmMs1tFP9icUVGuGeO-ZVIAoBbKvsErxfbUPBR2B0zVyE7zICb3tjsjVYS-ASJ9bU0XLjGCBdM

I've been waiting too long to do this joke...

0zfd96rn o Seems not. This man is the next in line to join "Marajah's Club of Good Names that were Lost". He used to be Parker. Now he's... a stick? What? Why? I won't judge your judgement, Aethin, but I liked Parker better, I've got to say.

Alternatively, he's a fish. And Parker sounds better as well, because then we could make Spiderman jokes.

0zfd96rn o I like how this guy dismisses the best cleric in the game so as not to get her involved in a battle that might result in her getting killed, yet Holmes conscripted a girl right after rescuing her from a brothel and had her dance for a bunch of sweaty guys. You know, as if the list of people that are more decent human beings than Holmes wasn't large enough already. He's lucky the only degenerate among those men was Maerchen...

I'm starting to wonder if Kaga entered a writing contest about making the "villains" more likable than the "protagonist", and enjoyed the prompt so much that he inserted it into a full story.

There's Xyon. Predictably, he seems to be a Wyvern Knight. We murdered the man who saved Renee - basically doing what, had Attrom survived, would've been our goal for the past ten chapters or so - and now we're going to murder an honorable, great knight who seems like he'd make for a better governor than Holmes. Even Pike seems like a decent fellow. Is it too much to ask that I can spare them?

I wouldn't be surprised if capturing was an idea present in this game, but complications of one kind or another led to the idea being shafted.

Or Kaga just loves torturing the player by not allowing them to access the more interesting characters.

Say your prayers, blue boy, 'cause Sasha hungers! And me. I also hunger. But I hunger for food. Sasha hungers for BLAAD-- I MEAN BLOOD!

The "typo" made me laugh, although I now wonder if it was supposed to be the towns original name, but the founders spelling disorder resulted it it being named "Blaad", and again, no one had the heart to change it.

Ih49ob2i oI propose we inquire with the locals as to what's going on here.

P1zzgcas o Ah, good old Eugen tactics. Terrible as ever. Talking with the locals gets us nothing other than loot. We are instead forced to find out what's going on the hard way. More on that next time.

Eugen constantly tries to hide the fact that he's really bad at strategy games, and is trying to get as much tutorial information as he can to appear smart.

Lnerxtzz o

Meanwhile, in the fortress of EVIL (jr.)... which used to belong to good...

I've heard of this reference, although I don't know where's it's from.

P1zzgcas o We find evil (jr.) in the middle of sucking his own cock. I am rather impressed, it must be quite the difficult feat, since it's probably no longer than Footballman's hair. The hair on the top of his head, that is. Lentzenheimer wishes his dinky junk was as big as Footballman's magnificent beard.

b5GpYnmFr2oOnYUpiihoMqIhkjnwkZnd0kq39V_xLxGEl6FPL0RPc-frPlQsDmWYqPugp1RNPzu2MdFs46SH7Uy_Y8njrf259yOK88vpHUF3whvEAULpeRaznT3e0GpcUpjPVv9R

Spoiler

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/bb_girl_2918.jpg

I didn't actually imagine it, but the chance to miss this joke was too great!

Rqqssoyw oHis Excellency is very preoccupied with a revolt in the northern Empire, so we simply can't afford to lend you such a large amount of soldiers right now.

We truly do.

The transition from "we're to busy to help you" to "we're actually leaving you to die" couldn't have been better.

W1vxoijz o

This entire exchange may be worth Ziegs knife in the back.

Maybe.

F4aswdy8 o ...even Gerxel, ladies and gentlemen. Even Gerxel hates this pathetic manchild's guts. I wish I could say something more, but I just... I can't. This scene speaks for itself. Remember back in FE6 when Murdock gave Narcian the verbal smackdown of his life? I think... I think Murdock might've just been one-upped. That... was magnificent. Totally worth the betrayal, I must say. Godspeed, Zieg. We may've had our disagreements in the past, but... you've earned my undying respect.

This is Karma in it's best form.

To bad about Letznheimers soldiers, but they were probably bad people anyway. Probably.

Lentzenheimer doesn't even respond to that. He's completely, throughoutly, utterly humiliated.

His countrymen hate him, Runan's come for his head, Canaan abandoned him and his dad -- heck, speaking of his dad, Dholm's probably laughing his ass off in hell right now! "I am welcome anywhere I please", my ass! Even the insane, genocidal dark sorcerer who loves a deformed dragon thought he was a terrible person! All that's left is for him to die the painful, slow, sad, pitiful little death he deserves!

And I'm sure even that won't be the end of his torment! Satan and God will both want to have nothing to do with stinky tiny Lentzie! They'll be like "You take him! No, YOU take him!" for years on end while Lentzenheimer just wanders around purgatory, able to do naught but cry as every lost soul in existance laughs at his misery!

Ahahahahahahahahah... Hwahahahahahahah! I've got to hand it to TRS. It may have its flaws, it may have things I don't like, but fuck me if this send-off isn't completely epic. Literally everybody hates Lentzenheimer. I can just imagine something like the WWI Christmas Truce; Barker and Julius will be sitting next to Zieg and Carla, with Sennet and Tia not too far away, all together in peace and harmony, watching as Lentzenheimer dances the final steps of the sad waltz that was his life before Runan shanks him.

It's beautiful. 10/10. I love this. All that's left is for Eugen to unleash his sass on Lentzie. Hope we'll get to see that.

...oh, goodness. That was... positively cathartic. Everybody, look forward to the next update, for it is then that Lentzenheimer shall fall... or... shall he? Find out what happens next, same place as ever! I ain't going nowhere! 'Least I don't think so... in any case, I hope you'll all fare well until the next update! Auf wiedersehen, adios, arrivederci, au revoir, じゃあね, goodbye!

I don't know of any better way to pump someone up for the next chapter. The next update will be another highlight, I am sure of that.

25 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

You mean until now? Exactly the same actually. Renee falls off the boat no matter what.

If Attrom had survived, we would have gotten the singer cleric, the Power Staff and an actual motivation for Holmes to cross an entire continent in search for an orb that revives the dead. But the Renee subplot itself wouldn't have been affected until now.

Edited by BrightBow

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Qbaghl1y o

Literally everyone's favourite dodge-tank.

You clearly didn't get what I meant, eh.

Or I was hoping you didn't implicate Sasha did her impression of a glue factory...

A colorful family, ain't it? Also, is Apeboy an asshole or what?

To be fair, we do insult each other a lot. It's just the dynamic. I mean, I compare him to an ape.

That's... kinda not it, but let's not go further.

It's the same end result.

E9mkpwfc o

5o0r3xri o

Pgslhalv o

Tjk8swix o

G0gwxi9r o

Psuars5d o

Z9ns7b2x o

R8ofjpzb o

This is perfection. It's like all the Holmes-bashing encapsulated into one perfect sequence.

4lt3brpp o ...oh?!

Txtsgp4e o

I told you water was automatic safety in Kaga games. Which is really weird what with marine predators.

Mg93vfhc o

4lt3brpp o ...

22ntkgm2 o Oh, dear... How awful...

Well, Holmes sure managed to top his usual dumbassery. I'm not even sure old Martel is in the same league. Elibean Martel.

Who might still have more saving graces than Holmes for nursing Law back to health and reuniting him with Katri. Which is saying something about Holmes.

Ah, good old Eugen tactics. Terrible as ever. Talking with the locals gets us nothing other than loot. We are instead forced to find out what's going on the hard way. More on that next time.

Honestly, better than getting killed. Like that other tactic with the ballisticians he came up with.

W1vxoijz o

Cukogup1 o

This is great. When are we going to get Lentzenheimer's  confession to hating himself?

Even the insane, genocidal dark sorcerer who loves a deformed dragon thought he was a terrible person!

The best summary ever.

3 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

At this rate, Holmes could trip and hit the ground, which would lead to movement in the tectonic plates, which in turn causes a massive earthquake , which causes all the volcanoes on the planet exploding, leading to the world exploding, leading to the solar system exploding, causing a chain reaction until all of reality is enveloped in a giant ball of space fire.

This reminds me of when I stated that a classmate was so inept that he could throw a rock at the ground and miss after he'd done a power-point presentation on Roxxon Oil (fictional company from the Iron Man comics) when tasked with a project on the Exxon Valdez (an oil-tanker that had a major spill). To prove me wrong, he went to throw that rock... but due to recent rain, had the wet stone slip from his hand while pulling back in an exaggerated manner and land on the roof of the school library. We joked about it for the rest of that year.

3 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

blxUtntsCxLj16hu_cE_hc1Zt8KFThUghrteHI2HmZmNbxY7hBYewsL6Qj43MuXmMs1tFP9icUVGuGeO-ZVIAoBbKvsErxfbUPBR2B0zVyE7zICb3tjsjVYS-ASJ9bU0XLjGCBdM

Well, that's General Lawrence alright.

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Might be. I don't know, haven't been keeping track of Trump much. His memes aren't as spicy as former Spanish president Rajoy's, in my humble opinion. Seriously, that guy had a mouth made out of gold. Such classics as "we are feelings and we have human beings", or when he said "all we've done, which you [his political rival] have not, is... to l-lie to the people", or... whatever he was trying to say that time he was talking about machines. Hilarious.

Are... are you sure Rajoy's Spanish and not someone who pretended to be with their broken Spanish?

Yeah, well, I don't care at all about ranks, so that's a null point for me.

Trust me, I was awful. First time I finished I was near 700. I was far from optimal, but that's no excuse for it being that bad.

The game also glitched and I ended up with over 100 losses on everyone, but that's not my fault.

What does she even need that for?

Hit and crit?

Qbaghl1y o

Dammit, I was beaten to it!

Ouch!

(He's also missing his shell, that's what gives his dodging power.)

TBtF.png

You piece of-- and you had to pick the most ridiculous face, didn't you? Damnit... at least give me, I don't know, Orlo's death quote or something! Don't shackle me with Brilliant Dumbass's brilliance!

This is my card for any future failures.

I needed this image and this text to deliver the point. I finally have a weapon to surpass Lilina.

Finally!

Perhaps next time. The implication's that he got hit on the chest. See all the splatter, and how he's sorta looking down? We'll get Lalum 2 some other time.

I missed that initially actually.

That second one's the exact same thing!

It's really not.

5o0r3xri oPgslhalv oTjk8swix o

I mean, if he realised th one  most acting like a camp follower was going out with his first mate, I'm not sure how he'd respond.

Besides, having something below deck means that if your ship is taking one water someone's on it. It just makes sense.

G0gwxi9r oPsuars5d oZ9ns7b2x o

I mean, do we have to pay to see that?

R8ofjpzb oS3ce1z0a oJfgkacfk o

Albertus could breathe on him and Holmes'd keel over.

(And no, that's not a bad breath or dragon joke. If he were in dragon form Holmes would be a barbecue centrepiece)

Tof7g8th oAwgurdyr o

Renee's alive after all.

It's so amazing that she managed to survive.

What a surprise that she made it after all.

This is such a twist and turn of events.

Nzki4hre oIt was nothing, Lady Renee. It's Admiral Bismarck you should thank.

Wait, Bismark was relevant beyond being a 1-chapter boss?

Holy crap, why didn't he do this more in Thracia?

22ntkgm2 oWhat?

Mg93vfhc o

Holmes is now the baddies confirmed.

RIP Bismark after all.

No more spiderman jokes, only jokes about sticks?

Nzki4hre oAfter you've gotten her an escort, I want you to take the reserve corps and stand by at the western side of the city. Look for an opportunity to flank the enemy.

The list of people worse than Holmes shrinks by the day.

Before long he'll be next to Lentzenheimer.

M0jv1ryo o

It's Holmes's route.

You know it is.

Um606rva oI agree. Lentzenheimer's not the type to give up anything, at least not whillingly. Any suggestions on how to proceed, Eugen?

So, I see the whill of Lenzenheimer is a whilful ignorance.

At least he whants us to think that's the whay he's thinking.

Pnkr8xko o

I mean, considering how many of the swordies in this game would do surprisingly well in the gymnastics division, maybe he's super flexible?

Rqqssoyw oThe plan has changed, I'm afraid. The reinforcements will not be coming.

Fpskfjqi oW-Wait, you're abandoning me?!

I guess you could say that Lentzenheimer hasn't a shadow to hide behind now.

W1vxoijz oCukogup1 o

This can only end badly for Lentzenheimer.

Rqqssoyw oOur last use for you will be to cover my retreat, so I'll be leaving a handful of soldiers behind to help with that, at least.

Tvwsskkr oZ7jta7t3 oFbhlbrvf o

That right there is a precision strike destruction.

Lentzenheimer may die, but it's a sacrifice Zeig is willing to make.

It might not be as thorough as Murdock's, but there's nobody who deserved to be abandoned as much as Lentzenheimer.

Everyone hates Lentzenheimer. I'd make an appropriate edit, but it couldn't work without a specific font that I don't have.

I think the truce would be more like "Everyone queues up to take a swing at Lentzenheimer" honestly

Part 53 - Cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Spoiler
On 19/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, BrightBow said:

That fool Zieg underestimates Lentzenheimer's Super Special Secret Stealth Attack.

To be fair, the chapter's not the world's worst thing ever. It's definitely not as tricky as 26B... which I'll be experiencing as well...

On 19/5/2019 at 8:43 PM, Pengaius said:

I'm going to keep this as a reaction image if that's ok!

Sure, go right ahead. It's an awfully lazy edit, anyway.

Wrys is my spirit animal. 

That's a sentence I never thought I'd be reading.

Oh no The Super Secret Stealth Attack!

That's it, yes.

I can only imagine the look on his face as he marches to reclaim his homeland unnopposed, what a boost it shall provide to his troops morale. 

Hahahahah... I wish, but not quite.

You forgot to mention Guenchaos and his dragon-waifu, Holmes drinking his sorrows away while Eugen beats him up and Sasha's wyvern having a break from the bloody conflicts. (Sasha is probably killing some undeads or something)

I pictured the Holmes thing and died laughing. Thanks.

On 20/5/2019 at 12:01 AM, eclipse said:

Godspeed Renee.  Too bad Runan wasn't the one you met first.

I'll at least try not to kill her when I play the map. The least I can do. After all, I am kinda sorta responsible for the deaths of her foster brother and her savior.

On 20/5/2019 at 12:30 AM, Hawkwing said:

I'm interested to see your thoughts on Thracia once you get your hands on it! It always was a game that I was uncertain of playing, as I could see myself either enjoying or hating certain mechanics.

I think I'll like it. Oh, I can't wait! I'll be sure to keep you guys informed.

It's this Tuesday. My car actually broke down a few days ago (the suspension had broke a few weeks before), so I had to buy a new one.

Hmm. I see.

Less "you kill people who probably deserve it" and more "you frame someone else for a crime they didn't do". With some extremely bare exceptions (and all of them are Biblical), that is something I absolutely despise, no matter if it's in reality or fiction.

I can understand and respect your view. That being said, let me say two things:

1- While framing somebody else makes for a majority of the Deed's puzzles and endings, you don't have to do it. In fact, the game tends to show the endings where nobody is framed in a brighter light. For instance, one of the characters marries and lives happily ever after if you manage to convince everyone that his victim killed himself. If you frame someone, the last you see of the protagonist is him sulking on his mother's grave, ranting about how he wishes things could've turned out differently, and wondering if revenge was truly worth it after all.

2- Leaving the Deed aside, I'd still recommend Sentience: The Android's Tale very much. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that you, in particular, would like it, taking into account all I know about you. It gets pretty philosophical. The characters are quite well-written, the plot is interesting (even if the pace during the first arc is a little slow), the game looks rather good for a game made on RPGMaker, the gameplay's tolerable and doesn't get in the way of the story (it's an ordinary visual novel with some basic puzzles thrown in to expedite the decisions), and the replay value is through the roof.

I cannot stress this enough, the amount of ways the story can go is absolutely unbelievable. While there are some minor choices that only impact the dialogue, you'd be surprised by how much the story can change. It follows the same broad steps every time, but beyond that, pretty much every single major character can die, or live, or have a happy ending, or a bad one, or they might drop off the story mid-way through, or-- heck, you might end up becoming the villain of the game yourself! And there's not just one way to do it, there's multiple! It's incredible. I cannot recommend this game enough. A hidden gem, for me.

Also, it's cheap. 4 euros on Steam. Any one run through the game isn't too long, which is good, it doesn't overstay its welcome, but I still rocked 14 hours getting all sorts of different endings, and I didn't even get every single ending or achievement (missed a couple endings and some optional stuff, maybe I'll go back to it someday). I'd say it's more than worth the price, but if you don't think the same, it goes on sale very often.

Whew, went on a bit of a fanboy rant there, didn't I? But I just liked the game that much.

I knew I should have mentioned that I was making a joke about Sword of the Samurai. Although now that you mention it, he probably would spend his entire time locked up in his estate, not bothering to leave it.

I mean, pretty sure he'd get lynched if he went out often.

I post and view topics erratically. I surprise myself with how I go about things at points.

Hahahahah... ah, it's all right.

I've done that more than once throughout this lets play.

Aaaahhh, so we have a mastermind here, don't we? Well, two can play that game! Here's some bait for ya: the Slaver is a good person.

Ah-hah! Now you've no choice but to get mad! I AM WINNER! AHAH, HAHAH, BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHACOUGHCOUGH COUGH COUGH cough... cough cough... aaaauuuurggcoughcough cough... cough... haahh...

More like 6 or 7 that are pretty much interchangeable. Excluding forest maps, of course. And all the castle maps are unique, so the most fun ones are neat to play, at least.

I understand. To be fair, I'm mostly exaggerating when I say that all Echoes maps are crap. I know there are some gems amongst the rubble, it just feels to me like there are way too many of those bland plain maps.

No, just these smiles in the middle of an otherwise bittersweet talk.

Hey, gotta cope somehow, right?

This is such a surreal hodgepodge that it borders the line between freaky and hilarious.

Or I'm overthinking what the human arm means.

Freakily hilarious, then. Let us laugh, while sloooooowly backing away from whatever insane person made that thing...

...wait, something's not right.

Shigen's is a win no matter who's writing him.

Hahahah, believe me, he's a fun character to write.

You aren't going to forget that moment, are you?

I mean, if the Malledus of the game came and knocked the deuteragonist unconscious, would you be able to forget it?

Wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm glad. Heheh...

Wait, Renee?!?

Yes.

As in, the Renee that fell overboard?!?!?

Yes.

As in, the sister of Alm Attrom who we thought died?!?!?!?!?

Yes.

As in, the character that I accidentally misnamed Mel and who Eugen should have dove overboard to save?

Yes.

She's alive?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes.

So she survived.

What?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

And Admiral Bismark actually had some plot importance. Shame he died so quickly. I liked where the portrait joke was going, but alas...

Yeah, I went and made the Bismarck portrait before realizing he only had one line I'd be able to use it on. Still worth the effort.

And then he'd proclaim, "parents can eat shit!", and Eugen would come out of nowhere and smack him dead on the forehead.

Right? I couldn't believe it myself the first time around.

Exactly the same, except I get to recruit Renee and make that one chapter tolerable.

I've been waiting too long to do this joke...

Such a shame I don't get it...

Alternatively, he's a fish. And Parker sounds better as well, because then we could make Spiderman jokes.

A shame.

I'm starting to wonder if Kaga entered a writing contest about making the "villains" more likable than the "protagonist", and enjoyed the prompt so much that he inserted it into a full story.

Fuckin' asshole... gah!

I wouldn't be surprised if capturing was an idea present in this game, but complications of one kind or another led to the idea being shafted.

Doubt it. Kaga loved experimenting. Consider the fact that none of Kaga's games look anything like one another. 2 was weird, 4 was weird, 5 was weird, Berwick's really weird-- heck, I'd say this is probably his most normal game, compared to all the FEs that came after!

Or Kaga just loves torturing the player by not allowing them to access the more interesting characters.

That's likely it, this being Kaga.

The "typo" made me laugh, although I now wonder if it was supposed to be the towns original name, but the founders spelling disorder resulted it it being named "Blaad", and again, no one had the heart to change it.

Pretty sure the town was called Blood in the old translation. Then again, Fireemblemwod calls it Brahd. I have no idea. Given the fact that Eisenbach had a thousand names back then, perhaps the same happened with Blaad.

Eugen constantly tries to hide the fact that he's really bad at strategy games, and is trying to get as much tutorial information as he can to appear smart.

That's Eugen for ya. Maxed everything, 0 tactics.

I've heard of this reference, although I don't know where's it's from.

On 13/4/2019 at 11:42 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
Txtmqyqb o

Meanwhile, in the castle of evil... oh, God, what are all those ballistae? There's so many of them!

Nloiowgy o

Anyway, "evil" looks like a washed-up Scottish uncle.

If this isn't it, then I'm afraid I once again made a reference without even knowing I was.

b5GpYnmFr2oOnYUpiihoMqIhkjnwkZnd0kq39V_xLxGEl6FPL0RPc-frPlQsDmWYqPugp1RNPzu2MdFs46SH7Uy_Y8njrf259yOK88vpHUF3whvEAULpeRaznT3e0GpcUpjPVv9R

Reveal hidden contents

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/bb_girl_2918.jpg

I didn't actually imagine it, but the chance to miss this joke was too great!

Hahahahahahahahahah okay that was good.

We truly do.

The transition from "we're to busy to help you" to "we're actually leaving you to die" couldn't have been better.

Yeah, you could tell Zieg was enjoying backstabbing Lentzie far more than he did backstabbing us.

This entire exchange may be worth Ziegs knife in the back.

Maybe.

I'd say it is, considering if he hadn't betrayed us, he'd still be benched and completely forgotten about, and we wouldn't have gotten to see this amazing scene.

This is Karma in it's best form.

To bad about Letznheimers soldiers, but they were probably bad people anyway. Probably.

...Just keep reading.

I don't know of any better way to pump someone up for the next chapter. The next update will be another highlight, I am sure of that.

Well... in a way.

On 20/5/2019 at 12:55 AM, BrightBow said:

You mean until now? Exactly the same actually. Renee falls off the boat no matter what.

If Attrom had survived, we would have gotten the singer cleric, the Power Staff and an actual motivation for Holmes to cross an entire continent in search for an orb that revives the dead. But the Renee subplot itself wouldn't have been affected until now.

Don't forget that we would've actually been able to recruit Renee. As is, she's just going to drop off the face of the earth after Xyon's been dealt with. And I'll be sure to point out the fact that Holmes's route sucks and is awful.

On 20/5/2019 at 3:57 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Literally everyone's favourite dodge-tank.

Hahahahahah, oh, my. It'll never get old.

Or I was hoping you didn't implicate Sasha did her impression of a glue factory...

...w-what?!

Oh, God, you better not be implying what I think you are... Sasha's image does not need to be desecrated any further in this thread!

To be fair, we do insult each other a lot. It's just the dynamic. I mean, I compare him to an ape.

I know what you mean. I call my best friend "the worst person I know" on a daily basis. He makes fun of my mild autism. Then we go on to cry on each other's shoulders over Arran's fate.

It's the same end result.

I... suppose.

This is perfection. It's like all the Holmes-bashing encapsulated into one perfect sequence.

Hahah, thanks. I tried.

I told you water was automatic safety in Kaga games. Which is really weird what with marine predators.

To be fair, the only evidence of Lieberian marine fauna that we have is a scene I wrote. Maybe there's just nothing at all in the Lieberian seas. And the salt levels are through the roof, so people just float up no matter what.

Well, Holmes sure managed to top his usual dumbassery. I'm not even sure old Martel is in the same league. Elibean Martel.

Yeah... Holmes just doesn't stop giving. Giving shit!

Who might still have more saving graces than Holmes for nursing Law back to health and reuniting him with Katri. Which is saying something about Holmes.

...oh my goodness, you're right. I truly wish you weren't, but you're completely right.

Honestly, better than getting killed. Like that other tactic with the ballisticians he came up with.

Or backstabbing an ally for no reason at all. That was also quite brilliant.

This is great. When are we going to get Lentzenheimer's  confession to hating himself?

Probably never, since he's getting shanked in 200~ images.

The best summary ever.

Thanks. I poured it right out of my heart.

This reminds me of when I stated that a classmate was so inept that he could throw a rock at the ground and miss after he'd done a power-point presentation on Roxxon Oil (fictional company from the Iron Man comics) when tasked with a project on the Exxon Valdez (an oil-tanker that had a major spill). To prove me wrong, he went to throw that rock... but due to recent rain, had the wet stone slip from his hand while pulling back in an exaggerated manner and land on the roof of the school library. We joked about it for the rest of that year.

Pfffffhwahahahahahahahahahahahah. That's amazing.

Well, that's General Lawrence alright.

Someone explain the joke to me, damnit!

On 20/5/2019 at 11:51 AM, Dayni said:

Are... are you sure Rajoy's Spanish and not someone who pretended to be with their broken Spanish?

He doesn't know a lick of any other language, so I'm pretty sure he's Spanish. I think.

Trust me, I was awful. First time I finished I was near 700. I was far from optimal, but that's no excuse for it being that bad.

The game also glitched and I ended up with over 100 losses on everyone, but that's not my fault.

Now that's reassuring.

Hit and crit?

Well, yeah, but...

Dammit, I was beaten to it!

Ouch!

I am winner! Hahah!

(He's also missing his shell, that's what gives his dodging power.)

But more often than not, when he's pulling off those amazing dodges of his, he's in his shell!

This is my card for any future failures.

I needed this image and this text to deliver the point. I finally have a weapon to surpass Lilina.

Finally!

Why, you...! I must not give you a chance to use that...

I missed that initially actually.

You are forgiven.

It's really not.

Damn you! How dare you defy me?! Do you not know where you stand?!

...I just realized I sound a lot like throwaway bosses at times. And I did use Morgan as the base for my portrait. I wonder...

I mean, if he realised th one  most acting like a camp follower was going out with his first mate, I'm not sure how he'd respond.

Ergh... what? She's no camp follower, she warps around and nosferatanks for me! Holmes is the camp follower here!

Besides, having something below deck means that if your ship is taking one water someone's on it. It just makes sense.

This is Holmes. What did you expect?

I mean, do we have to pay to see that?

Hahah, oh you wish. I wish!

Albertus could breathe on him and Holmes'd keel over.

(And no, that's not a bad breath or dragon joke. If he were in dragon form Holmes would be a barbecue centrepiece)

Probably so.

Renee's alive after all.

It's so amazing that she managed to survive.

What a surprise that she made it after all.

This is such a twist and turn of events.

All right, that is quite enough.

Wait, Bismark was relevant beyond being a 1-chapter boss?

Holy crap, why didn't he do this more in Thracia?

I wish I knew. That's one of the things I like about this game, the throwaways tend to be above average compared to mainline FEs. It has its share of crap, but then there's stuff like this, or Ahab, or Barbarossa.

Holmes is now the baddies confirmed.

Was there ever any doubt?

RIP Bismark after all.

F

No more spiderman jokes, only jokes about sticks?

Yes. Get thinking, people, before I have to murder him senseless.

The list of people worse than Holmes shrinks by the day.

Before long he'll be next to Lentzenheimer.

Never doubt it.

It's Holmes's route.

You know it is.

Baaaahh...

So, I see the whill of Lenzenheimer is a whilful ignorance.

At least he whants us to think that's the whay he's thinking.

Okay, that was admittedly my typo, but still... hahah Runyboy can't speak.

Mxzjqyc8 o

G-Gah...

I mean, considering how many of the swordies in this game would do surprisingly well in the gymnastics division, maybe he's super flexible?

O-oh, good lord... why did I open that can of worms... bwah!

I guess you could say that Lentzenheimer hasn't a shadow to hide behind now.

Hahahahahahaha, you sneaky bastard.

This can only end badly for Lentzenheimer.

I got to say, I never watched the whole thing before.

I can't say I get it.

That right there is a precision strike destruction.

Lentzenheimer may die, but it's a sacrifice Zeig is willing to make.

Quite, yes.

It might not be as thorough as Murdock's, but there's nobody who deserved to be abandoned as much as Lentzenheimer.

Yes, among the Narcian-type enemies, he's probably the most hateable one. I mean, Valter was nuts and murdered Glen, but who cares about Glen? Lentzenheimer murdered his own mother over a scolding, and then tried to frame an innocent woman who was just on guard duty! After failing to kill her himself, I might add. And then there's... everything else. Lentzie's list is so huge, I don't think I could do it justice by myself.

Everyone hates Lentzenheimer. I'd make an appropriate edit, but it couldn't work without a specific font that I don't have.

I don't think edits could encapsulate the essence of humanity's hatred for Lentzenheimer as well as Zieg's speech.

I think the truce would be more like "Everyone queues up to take a swing at Lentzenheimer" honestly

I doubt that'd work, he can't take a hit to save his life. More on that later.

Spoiler
7ykoral4 o

Just a tiny bit of trading today.

Uun36q1i o

Today's map. It uses Runan's first overworld theme, for some reason, but I'm not complaining because that theme rocks and it fits the situation like a glove. About the map itself, seems... really easy, doesn't it? Just walk right up to Lentzie and whack him. Bunch of houses to distract us along the way, though.

Qetg8q8b o

Let's get them out of the way. First up, this one.

Evjnljvy o

Ctmximdg oHere, it's yours. The way I see it, you all are the ones I should be paying taxes to in the first place.

Dhxmv9ia o

Cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B. Expect to see this line a lot today.

Lcfvszct o

Next up is another one.

6odnoow1 o

Ah, it's actually him this time. Always nice to see him.

Ctmximdg oEven after suffering under the Empire and their dogs, I never gave up hope for a second! Now then, take this. It's the greatest gift I can offer to Lord Runan's cause. Now, peace will finally return to the Duchy of Razelia!

P1zzgcas o Okay, gimme gimme gimme. Being Best NPC, I can only expect the greatest of items!

Juav7fjl o

...what?

Well, this is interesting. I seem to have forgotten to screenshoot what Best NPC gives us. Let me quickly check Fireemblemwod... lesse... hmm... ah, here.

Leather shield. Cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Juav7fjl oGckyk1w5 o

Ctmximdg oThey're experts in concealment, so I doubt you'll be able to spot where they're hiding.

0zfd96rn o Ah, yes. Here it is. A gimmick to surpass Fog of War: in this chapter, the enemy's literally invisible. And not only that, they're all bowmen with longbows and arbalests, and ballistae. Now doesn't it just sound like fun?

Ctmximdg oI think your best chance is to wait for them to attack, then shoot back in the direction their arrows came from. Here, you'll want a good bow so you can counterattack fast. Use it well, and stay safe!

6casdrdp o

Cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B. Also, this is completely useless, because, again, ballistae, arbalests that outrange even this, etc.

Frankly, this map was not well designed at all. The only thing one can do is haul ass to Lentzenheimer and pray to the RNGoddess that the Archers and Ballisticians miss. Thankfully, the reinforcements that Zieg sent are complete numbskulls, and the area around Lentzenheimer is safe from most of the Archer fire, so we just need to get through quickly. May hand of the goddess protec!

Gpszgzdn o

But before that, more houses.

Qp8wr4gx o

Ctmximdg oYou've put your lives at stake in battle after battle to make it back here. What reason could we possibly have to resent you? All we can do is pray that tomorrow will be a better day than today.

P1zzgcas o What a positive old man. Don't worry, I won't let you down. At least I hope I won't...

Ctmximdg oMy friends and I have pooled some funds together for you. It's not much, but please accept it nonetheless.

8usrrkls o

Cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Uu2zyqsy oQtxh7qdh o

Ctmximdg oBut now's no time to celebrate. There's still the problem of Lord Lentzenheimer. Just so you know, he's got marksmen hidden all across town waiting to ambush you. Do be careful out there. If you don't watch yourselves, they'll get you before you even reach the castle.

H4ongezt o

And what do you want me to do? Huh? There's no other way! Also, yes, I did forget to screenshot this as well. Oh, well. FEWOD, save me!

...oh, actually, FEWOD doesn't say anything about that house, either, so I'm gonna guess that girl just had nothing to give to us. I don't know, I kinda speedran through this chapter. Not much else to do with it, honestly.

Oh, and of course, this is nowhere near as good as what's in 26B. This... nothing, that we got.

Well, at any rate, that's the turn. Letena and Enteh will be staying behind. They don't stand a chance.

Carmv0q2 o

I suppose I should explain where the enemies are. See those trees and bushes between the two walls? That's where one row of Archers and ballistae are hidden. There's another one on the similar tiles up north, and the last one lurks within the elevated forest in the middle of the town. There isn't a single safe spot in the entire middle part of the map.

Sdeeahvj o

The good news is, these guys can't aim for shit. It shouldn't be too hard to make it through.

4dydjqgu o

...oh.

Lxy8tuli o

Well. That's one way to start the chapter.

Excjkoww o

I'm going to be entirely forthcoming with you guys. When this happened, I laughed so loudly, my father had to ask what was happening. I literally flashed back to FE6 and started laughing like a goddamned madman. It was an interesting experience. I probably would've been enraged had this been the real chapter, but as it is...

Olfyzpuk o

Oh, there is plenty to regret, my friend. For instance, my decision to play through this chapter!

As if I didn't have enough reasons to write this whole chapter off as non-canon gameplay. Remember how I said not too long ago that we cannot afford to lose healers? We just lost healers. He's going on the death count in some way, but I'm definitely not going to bench him. Yell at me if you will, I'd like to beat this game, thank you very much.

Of course, if he dies again in 26B, I'll be shit out of luck, but here's the thing: in 26B, I can actually... do something to prevent it? It's a tough chapter, tougher than this one, but the difference is, it's less RNG-reliant, so if Lee dies again there, it'll most likely be my fault. As opposed to this bullshit. You could argue I didn't have to send Lee forward, but had I not sent him this way, it would've been Meriel, or Kate, or who knows, anybody. My point is, this chapter is crap, let's just get it done and get out of here.

Bo9b94bj o

...seriously, though, what the hell is my luck?

Ikgnbw91 o

Kate, at least, can take a crit.

V0p6xx2v o

So she didn't. Nice. Fuckin' A.

Pqelmkhh o1sgukozh o

Norton is invincible. I'm not worried about him.

M2oqxvkq oBhnuxfmi o

Runan, though... for the love of God, man, I do NOT want to repeat this chapter.

I need to remember to give him the dragon potion in 26B. That massive defense screwage is doing him no favors.

Ariwkft3 oGbicjpde o

Reinforcements. They're bad.

2hw8q29y oWj1urzju o

I could probably have called this chapter "houses, houses and Lee dies", but that would've been too spoilery.

Ctmximdg oI'd advise you to steer clear of them, if possible.

0zfd96rn o Hah! I wish!

Ctmximdg oIf they start shooting you, don't try and chase them. Just run for your life. You never know how many more of them there might be. But if you really insist on fighting them, you'll need some way to counterattack. This bow should do the trick.

Xzg4xmdl o

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the parade of craptastic design choices continues. You're kidding me, right, kid? They all got arbalests, and you give me a basic bow. Sure, I'll use the string as dental floss! Oral hygiene is cool! But it's nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Hdotiwfq oIhkcqtcl oXdog1oeu o

Something about this house is really funny to me. Every other house drops five paragraphs of useless tutorials on you. This dude just says two lines, gives you some weeds, and that's it. Class act.

These weeds are nowhere near as good as what's in 26B. But they're close.

9utysre7 oSpdgkgkz o

You again? Didn't you live in the southern part of the city?

Ctmximdg oHe knows all of us hate him, so he's done his damnedest to make life hell for us. We've pushed through, though, because we knew that one day Lord Runan would come back and save us. This money I've saved up for you has been bought with my blood and tears. I would be honored if you would use it to liberate Razelia.

6oqq3btz o

Cool, but it's... and you know the rest.

Geihxnvv oYjf5o6rv o

The portrait recycling gets really jarring in this chapter.

Bfvy25uh o1lvphuni o7frg124o oWhmdx842 oX1t7oeao oMncvw3mn oFipxhidp o

Pictured: unused sprites they could've put in this chapter's houses instead of reusing the same four faces over and over.

Ctmximdg oEver since he heard you were making your way here, he's prepared ambush after ambush. This old shield of mine may be worn, but it'll keep you safe nonetheless. Please make good use of it.

Oroetfhv o

This chapter has about 10 times more loot than 26B. And still none of it manages to be anywhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Vmqfbrka o4mtoqjjw o

And of course, this guy wasn't about to miss the portrait recycling party. He's everywhere, I swear!

Ha0dg21k oI caught a glimpse of him a few years ago during a visit to the castle, and I must say he's grown up much since then. This lance is one of my most treasured possessions. I received it from House Razelia as a reward for my valor. Please give it to Lord Runan. He's the one who is truly brave.

P1zzgcas o Pfhah. Okay, cool pun, I'll give you that. Yes, it's a brave lance. Get it? Brave lance, brave...? Isn't the game clever? Well, isn't it?!

Ha0dg21k oWhat...? Lord Runan has never studied how to wield a lance?! Oh dear, oh dear...

Tiitqkql o

"Surely this has to at least be as good as what's in 26B!", you might be thinking. Well, think again. It isn't.

Nddz58dc o

One more turn, and we're in the clear.

Rzuzzk7p o

Oh-- Son of a... Julia! You useless nitwit... schweinehund! Dodge something, you're supposed to be a Myrmidon, prove it!

9enoval8 oBuih5eqv oW0v4jdaw o

Nobody dodges anything, and then there's Norton executing Pavise on blows that'd only take four of his HP. For fuck's sake...

K5x73qnd o

Oh, and Kate. Kate is dodging reliably too, somehow. This was a dodge, yeah, even if I didn't capture it properly.

Aq2m0wmd oXojxzjia o

Top tier tactics. Did Lentzie tell you to do this, or was it Zieg?

X02necms oYl7ht9js o31ox33mw oKlnmi53i o

Gotta love Runan blocking ballista bolts with his sword. He's a loose cannon!

Amggyrdt oI3tnpyco o

More scrubs.

Djqdw3ug oV7unwcuj oErho8xof o

They're so completely useless... the only ones who are, uh, marginally tough, are these Great Knights. And even they're merely mediocre.

Rhjncnhi oGj0ef8nk o

Case in point.

This chapter, man. The visible enemies are absolute failures, and the actually dangerous ones are invisible and there's nothing I can about them. What is this, Kaga? How did you go from Chapter Barbarossa and Chapter 4 to this and... that one chapter I keep building up hype for?

Cz9xvbgl o8ofn4e3j oT1wnyvrq o

Norton and Lionel make a great team, thanks to their mutual support -- the only one either of them has that goes both ways!

Bxpvujvf oMrwhbkv4 o

What's that? You're tired of the action and want some text already? Here's some more of what we already know! Enjoy yourselves!

Ctmximdg oWe've all believed and trusted that Lord Runan would return to us one day. Lentzenheimer knows this, and he's persecuted anyone who's voiced support for Lord Runan. "If you want to hate someone, hate Lord Runan for abandoning you," he said. But no one actually believes him. We all knew Lord Runan would come back, and now he has! I should give you something to help out the cause. Here, this was my father's hammer from back when he still did blacksmithing work. It's still plenty useful!

Iwmjbcmg o

In return for taking in all of that, we get this, which is cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Mwhtczwq oD9hx5qll o

No reason to save these up. Unleash the bravery!

Hxddqpxi oSnormbjk o

We go into this house to find... oh, dear. Turns out this sprite wasn't quite unused after all. Oh, well. It's a secret shop, but that is nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Jf2oqkay oTrgc8vni o4cbdr96n o

Healers heal. Runan's almost out of the streets, which is reassuring.

B61aiy59 oXcoaotie oZecb37as o

Finally, some competence!

Of7bixy8 o

Alas, this level shall be missed.

Uxvigp5r oZe3pygh6 oNxohbpup o

Oh, c'mon! Mintz too!? Stop getting hit, Mintz!

Hx9i2faz oIrc3aw7b o

On second thought...

Rgajewza oUgfmnhnq o

Damnable Horsemen... die!

Dw47cj8g o

It's the clash of the Great Knights!

Ngezgxjb o0krrrlap o

Yeah, 'twas to be expected.

Minjx1bi o

Whoa. What an achievement! They hit him! And he didn't just proc Pavise on their asses! Am I proud of 'em!

Bk5kdps4 o

Jsboctjh oEnbudmqb o7dtwg9x2 o

They failed to nip the rest, though.

Vasfozze o

!! Excuse-- EXCUSE ME!? HE... hold on, hold up, what?!

M2oqxvkq o

See that? 10%? Yeah.

Fuck you too, game.

Bvisbxxk oZnvvelt6 o

At least it's over. The reinforcements this time around consist of 6 Rogues that'll attempt to raid the houses. That's... that's it, yes.

Ftd2f9hs oHcgfevfe o9ruo2bet o

These dudes are still pathetic, and without further support, they're hopelessly outclassed. Zieg, I understand you didn't want to help Lentzie out too much, but did you really have to screw these guys over too?

Wait... what's that... Zemsellian? The reinforcements are Zemsellians!? Yeah, even the Shadow Knights were Zemsellians! Zieg fuckin' bamboozled Lentzenheimer! He didn't send shit! He just left him to die and that's that! What an absolute man!

9pgpiimf oObjydr9i oFfczw4wb o

Anyhow, back to the slaughter.

Pl9wryot o

Reading time. This chapter is so tiresome.

Hrqntgtp o

Ctmximdg oOf course, we still had it pretty good when Prince Barker was in charge here. Yeah, those Canaanite soldiers had rules and honor, unlike you dung-brained buffoons. We were sad to see him get replaced by Lentzenheimer. Why don't you just kill him and let the Empire come back? I'd much rather be one of Barker's subjects than suffer under another do-nothing king like Badoum again.

P1zzgcas o ...well, this is different. The guy actually presents some fair points. Badoum's been established to be a terrible king, and after suffering under Lentzenheimer's rule for a while, I can totally understand why they'd be skeptical of us, given that, for all they know, Runan might just be Lentzie 2.0.

0zfd96rn o Of course, this is less effective because the rest of the city's been sucking our cocks since we stepped foot in this place. But hey, you tried, skeptical man.

9kwagqlc o

0zfd96rn o Speak of the devil...

Ctmximdg oSorry about my son. These young boys, all they ever talk about is how the Empire was an improvement over the old Kingdom of Reeve, even though they're barely old enough to remember Badoum! They never knew how great of a man Lord Gramud was. Here, take this charm. You've got my support.

8ouwledw o

Not bad, but you know the drill.

Sfmzj1qo oKzfvqyim oPonafnki o

Leonie Leonies a man.

Rrga68if o8apf1ols o

Wrath.png

Kqykksgz oTonzzdxi oVd3d37ev o

This is going to be the rest of the chapter. We ruin the enemies and then Lentzie. Fun, huh.

6xtdnowx o

A good level for a Mage?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RNGODDESS YOU DASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!! And I'm sure she'll get fuck all in the actual chapter, just to piss me off!

Pamdtvph o3rx12qx8 o

Letena does a thing while undoing Runan's failure to dodge.

P879sdsu o

Just a couple more turns.

Tzhkgntc oJhcmaisl o

Okay, very nice.

9bmekt7h o

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!?!?!?!?!!?

Rnekn1oa o

15-FUCKING-PERCENT! NOT EVEN 20! AND THEY NAILED HIM TWICE! TWICE!!

1x4rty4i o

Oh, this is unbelievable...

Pgyoylwo o

Imagine dying to this. THIS.

...never mind, he'd live with one HP. But still.

Vtmpowy6 o

Oh, thank fuck. If he had taken that hit, I probably would've had to take a break. A long one.

Ses1uabl o

Farewell, now. I'm in no mood to deal with you idiots. The sooner we get out of the Lee's Dead Timeline, the better.

Tev4er0y oBjdwzaio oZg3827xw o

Hah! As if!

Xpbsf5ub o

Oh, well, at least I won't miss this level.

Vps78r8g o

Runan, pleeeease, stop getting hit by ballistae!

Nwc6m18n o3nv6sulf oScatnxco o

At least he can handle these idiots no problem. He even took some time to perform an interpretative dance. 'Least I think that's what it is.

Xtt27hlp oLyi81tfj o

At this point, I had a little idea to humiliate Lentzenheimer. I thought of giving Mintz a bad weapon and having him Wrath Lentzie's ass to near-death for shits and giggles. However... there's a problem.

Fbzidlgb o

Lentzenheimer's terrible. Look at that! He's got better defense than Runan, sure, but Runan could still kick his ass no problem! Well... he could kick his ass no problem, if it wasn't for...

Lip5n26w oX5rbqzjz o

The fancy sword. 15 might, 80 crit, low weight... this thing is beautiful. It can be obtained, but it requires doing something specific that we won't be doing today for... reasons.

Ljzaqiqx o

The issue here is that Mintz completely obliterates Lentzie with anything other than the slim sword, and with it, he risks getting crit to death by the Lukuud. So that's my plan down the drain. Guess we'll just follow the classic strategy of sending Norton and watching him completely forego his supposed niche as a tank by dodging everything.

Xzwytw2t o

But first, I hope you aren't tired of reading "nowhere near as good as what's in 26B" yet!

Reymitp2 o

0zfd96rn o Make no mistake, this Duke Selius is Gramud. Selius is his surname, and Runan's of course. I have a feeling I've already mentioned this, but it's worth noting again.

4lt3brpp o Also, him again!?

Ha0dg21k oIt does me proud to know his great-grandson is working hard to preserve his legacy. I've kept this crest hidden for months so I could give it to Lord Runan upon his return. Now I have... no more regrets...

Twpzvujx o

Ctmximdg oC'mon, let's sit you back down so you can catch your breath. I'll get you some water, too.

Ha0dg21k oSorry, my dear... I'm always causing you trouble...

Iftskhe6 o

Yes, this is vendor junk. Thankfully, that was the last house, so this is the last time I'll have to say: cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Cill6z6m o2fvzixtu o8veclh7d o

Boring-ass combat... yawn...

N3okhasr o

Ah, finally, something interesting! A melee Terra crit!

0rtebkws o5ozvw4eh oFqzfyf94 o

Terra has a unique animation: Kate does her normal swings at the enemy, and then follows up with...

Oebdvolb oExvi5sth oWk76wew3 o

A crit. It's a really damn good animation, I like it very much.

Ig2jomk9 o

Oh, please... I mean, oh thanks! Now I've even more reasons to leave this route in the dust.

Oz0fwvqf o

It's nearly the time, all.

Og0wip8w oSy0sdhnb oV9rsagrw o

But first, this crap.

Zxukc8un o

2 HP away from 1HKO. That would've been so amazing, but I think I'm fine with this. There's somebody else who deserves to take the kill more this time.

Cq8vjnmv oDogzmyte o

Lentzenheimer has a sprite all for himself. I dig it, it's like hunchback Runan, really fits what his character's all about.

Tccbrn5h o

Sure, will do. Believe me.

I5nbasw4 oUcbpkutg o

Norton does his thing. Boom! There goes his face.

8ehbdh2b oDgjcjdpy o

...and then Norton does his other thing! Hwahahahahahahahahah, aaaaahaaahaaahahahahahahahahahahah! I am SO glad I trained this ugly bastard.

Hey, I just noticed, what the hell is up with Lentzie in that second frame? Looks like he's doing a sign of horns with his off-hand. How weird...

Mbkdwek7 oGad1hhja o

Anyway, time for the battle of the ages. Lentzenheimer has a boss convo with Lentzie, one I'm sure most people have never seen, since Runan's probably the least qualified unit to fight this asshat.

I was going to fix that typo, but something came up.

Uabyuaer o

Atcrzt3q oThe commander himself has come to face me! Well, don't think you've won yet, brat.

0zfd96rn o You're one to talk, you dumbass!

Atcrzt3q oDo you like what I've done with the place? I think the castle's decorum has been much improved without all of your rotten ancestors glaring at me from their paintings.

0zfd96rn o This line works better in 26B, since that takes place inside. I cannot imagine Runan's ancestors would've placed their portraits on the outer walls of the castle.

Atcrzt3q oBut no matter how hard I had this place cleaned, I couldn't get out the smell. The stench of you and your rotten father!

0zfd96rn o Still, can't deny that this line does wonders to make Lentzie look terrible. I mean, terribler than he already looked. This guy's legit obsessed!

Atcrzt3q oRazelia has stood in the way of its betters for far too long, Runan!

Jvj0lxze o

P1zzgcas o Quite the plans you've got there, big-shot! 'Twould be a shame if... something, happened to you before you could do all that.

Um606rva oLentzenheimer... I have but one thing to say to you.

Atcrzt3q oOho, yes? Well, out with it! I shall allow you the honor of listening to your final words, brat of Gramud!

Um606rva o...

Ktyfifdl oTvdpclcx o

Srsusyk4 oDie.

Jblramur o

Ahah! it's all over. Now I can finally stop typing Lentzenheimer's name... jeez, was it ever a chore. Dholm, you're the real monster here! How could you give him that name of all names?

Mv8boz41 o

...wait, what? Is the game going to spare him, too!?

Amdg33zz o

Defense! How long can you go without getting defense on a 25% growth!?

Djdrwae1 o

Lentzenheimer's death quote is displayed after the battle, for some reason. I think it has to do with the whole "obtaining Lukuud" thing, as that requires a certain unit to get the killing blow.

H4jcomtg o

Fsciaabb o

Too bad, that's exactly what's happened. Now, bite the dust, won't you?

Upkjnlek o

X6ejdiet o

Pt1sg345 o

Rsuxldb8 o

Rwmtkagj o

U7ptrzgv o

Tudw5gxf o

Ggfwjzvn o

3dhoswui o

Rto5n42c o

0puhdlxj o

Qlgehg1c o

F7hnijmj o

...well, at any rate, it's over. Next time, we liberate Granada with Holmes. I know, I know, you want to kill Lentzenheimer for real right now, but life isn't fair. Tune in next time to see the aftermath of this battle, and the prelude to the next! In the meantime, endeavor to fare as well as possible! Goodbyeeeeee!

Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna
                        Indiana Jones
                        Lee

*26A only

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Olfyzpuk o

Lee, more like Reeeeeeee

This update was cool, but nowhere near as good as 26B

On 5/19/2019 at 9:57 PM, Mad-manakete said:

This got a solid laugh out of me the first time I read this. Thanks for that.

I can understand and respect your view. That being said, let me say two things:

1- While framing somebody else makes for a majority of the Deed's puzzles and endings, you don't have to do it. In fact, the game tends to show the endings where nobody is framed in a brighter light. For instance, one of the characters marries and lives happily ever after if you manage to convince everyone that his victim killed himself. If you frame someone, the last you see of the protagonist is him sulking on his mother's grave, ranting about how he wishes things could've turned out differently, and wondering if revenge was truly worth it after all.

2- Leaving the Deed aside, I'd still recommend Sentience: The Android's Tale very much. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that you, in particular, would like it, taking into account all I know about you. It gets pretty philosophical. The characters are quite well-written, the plot is interesting (even if the pace during the first arc is a little slow), the game looks rather good for a game made on RPGMaker, the gameplay's tolerable and doesn't get in the way of the story (it's an ordinary visual novel with some basic puzzles thrown in to expedite the decisions), and the replay value is through the roof.

I cannot stress this enough, the amount of ways the story can go is absolutely unbelievable. While there are some minor choices that only impact the dialogue, you'd be surprised by how much the story can change. It follows the same broad steps every time, but beyond that, pretty much every single major character can die, or live, or have a happy ending, or a bad one, or they might drop off the story mid-way through, or-- heck, you might end up becoming the villain of the game yourself! And there's not just one way to do it, there's multiple! It's incredible. I cannot recommend this game enough. A hidden gem, for me.

Also, it's cheap. 4 euros on Steam. Any one run through the game isn't too long, which is good, it doesn't overstay its welcome, but I still rocked 14 hours getting all sorts of different endings, and I didn't even get every single ending or achievement (missed a couple endings and some optional stuff, maybe I'll go back to it someday). I'd say it's more than worth the price, but if you don't think the same, it goes on sale very often.

Whew, went on a bit of a fanboy rant there, didn't I? But I just liked the game that much.

I see. I might take a second look at it, then. It might be a while before I actually buy the games, considering how many other videogames I still want to beat first at the moment, but I will keep them in mind.

Aaaahhh, so we have a mastermind here, don't we? Well, two can play that game! Here's some bait for ya: the Slaver is a good person.

We both know he's not. And there's more subtly involved.

I understand. To be fair, I'm mostly exaggerating when I say that all Echoes maps are crap. I know there are some gems amongst the rubble, it just feels to me like there are way too many of those bland plain maps.

Don't blame you. The castle maps are fun and a definite highlight, but a lot of the maps can be forgettable. Especially in the mid-game, where most of them are reused.

And then he'd proclaim, "parents can eat shit!", and Eugen would come out of nowhere and smack him dead on the forehead.

After the universe implodes?

That would be so over-the-top, it would make Azura's Wrath look down-to-earth.

Such a shame I don't get it...

Spoiler

3xMGJnJ6GSIqTe4gjFaI0CxdDEDqjiegWnUD7a0iKSXMTDa1v6Rxl9bn2X_MaxivnnMd1Z5TVJf2yZmWqt4o0ObC4Wbk7wMRjhomLn5JqUty2rToQUsHM_2_3HPHqhJx0a2E_-NA

AWK82PfPITgHKMZ668-qkpSNRbkXRB-dGIOxgrzpG3zcygMT7eDGrutOIjlNwObnqJHGSrOZjtODsug1o1UoG48X-NmiK0E7luEJlDPYUmj179qAv_yXD_uywRqVE_X-LVsOr0nc

(Close enough)

jE7b8SsQocJke-_6ppo19NwVPvxOaxRzOkDs8uajDAD7h0AeQD2f4TLly8f90Z3TblBUnrtEiyiX0B9TXelzb-xKnvE-IDqKqPTzqoUDMC_4ayUSCdoR27bwY9PDvEQqn-Bp1F9H

Pretty sure the town was called Blood in the old translation. Then again, Fireemblemwod calls it Brahd. I have no idea. Given the fact that Eisenbach had a thousand names back then, perhaps the same happened with Blaad.

For such an odd name, it certainly does have a lot of different translations. It most certainly adds fuel to the fire to the theories about the origin of how the town got the name in the world itself.

That's Eugen for ya. Maxed everything, 0 tactics.

"Tactics? Nonsense! I'm already maxed in intelligence and wisdom, and can create the greatest plans known to man! What use do I have of 'tactics' and 'strategy'?"

If this isn't it, then I'm afraid I once again made a reference without even knowing I was.

Looked it up. Turns out I mixed it up with the "Legion of Doom".

...Just keep reading.

...Whoo boy. It's going to be one of those updates, won't it?

Well... in a way.

...Someone(s) on our side dies today.

Evjnljvy o

Ctmximdg oHere, it's yours. The way I see it, you all are the ones I should be paying taxes to in the first place.

No wonder Lentzenheimer has so few troops. The citizens skim out on paying the rice tax.

It also explains why they haven't rose up in rebellion. They're actually profiting from this ordeal.

0zfd96rn o Ah, yes. Here it is. A gimmick to surpass Fog of War: in this chapter, the enemy's literally invisible. And not only that, they're all bowmen with longbows and arbalests, and ballistae. Now doesn't it just sound like fun?

...I think I remember reading sometime back about a crappy map that's nearly impossible to go through without someone dying, because there are archers you can't see or predict where they are.

Well, I won't be complaining about Fog of War as much now.

I suppose I should explain where the enemies are. See those trees and bushes between the two walls? That's where one row of Archers and ballistae are hidden. There's another one on the similar tiles up north, and the last one lurks within the elevated forest in the middle of the town. There isn't a single safe spot in the entire middle part of the map.

In other words, working where guerrilla warfare works best.

The fact that they're pretty much hiding in the city park does add some humor to the situation.

Excjkoww o

I'm going to be entirely forthcoming with you guys. When this happened, I laughed so loudly, my father had to ask what was happening. I literally flashed back to FE6 and started laughing like a goddamned madman. It was an interesting experience. I probably would've been enraged had this been the real chapter, but as it is...

Reminds me of how the hardest times I've laughed in life all had to deal with death.

The first was when I was struggling to defeat three guys in an early quest the first time I played Morrowind, and after hours of failure (and loosing my voice due to swearing), built a new character and slew them all with absolutely no effort.

The second was in Dues Ex, after I was told that all the terrorists I had spared to complete the first mission were cut through like butter.

The third was Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, where after helping one merchant create this special ring, I learned that we killed his customer earlier in the game.

X02necms o

At first glance, I thought that she was holding a giant paddle.

Or shooting something with an alchemist weapon. Fire Emblem could use some of those.

Gotta love Runan blocking ballista bolts with his sword. He's a loose cannon!

Well, it is possible to split arrows in half. Maybe Runan is trying to get a cool scene for a movie. Maybe from the Monty Python background knights who appeared in update...18? Dang!

M2oqxvkq o

See that? 10%? Yeah.

Fuck you too, game.

Runan learned the hard way that rocks don't split in half like arrows do when you attempt to block them with a sword.

Wait... what's that... Zemsellian? The reinforcements are Zemsellians!? Yeah, even the Shadow Knights were Zemsellians! Zieg fuckin' bamboozled Lentzenheimer! He didn't send shit! He just left him to die and that's that! What an absolute man!

Guess Zieg wasn't kidding when he said he wouldn't send reinforcements even if he could.

0zfd96rn o Of course, this is less effective because the rest of the city's been sucking our cocks since we stepped foot in this place. But hey, you tried, skeptical man.

There's always that one guy that doesn't like the protagonists when everyone else does.

He also has some pretty cool hair.

9kwagqlc o

And of course that one guy is shut up, no matter how good their reasons.

8apf1ols o

...I'm trying to remember if we've seen a bandit with a sword before.

Lip5n26w oX5rbqzjz o

The fancy sword. 15 might, 80 crit, low weight... this thing is beautiful. It can be obtained, but it requires doing something specific that we won't be doing today for... reasons.

No wonder Zeig thought someone as bad as Lentzenheimer could kill someone with a weapon like that.

Yes, this is vendor junk. Thankfully, that was the last house, so this is the last time I'll have to say: cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Including the title, that's 17 things that are cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Dogzmyte o

Lentzenheimer has a sprite all for himself. I dig it, it's like hunchback Runan, really fits what his character's all abou

It also kinda looks like his portrait, for once.

Also, he's wielding a red lightsaber. Lentzenheimer is a Sith confirmed.

Tccbrn5h o

Sure, will do. Believe me.

Lukuud?

Is... that a reference to Star Wars Luke's clone Luuke? (Yes, that's an actual character. Granted, he only appeared once, but still. At least the rest of the book/series was awesome, as it introduced us to Grand Admiral Thrawn, and set the (high) standard for Star Wars EU material).

Dgjcjdpy o

...and then Norton does his other thing! Hwahahahahahahahahah, aaaaahaaahaaahahahahahahahahahahah! I am SO glad I trained this ugly bastard.

Hey, I just noticed, what the hell is up with Lentzie in that second frame? Looks like he's doing a sign of horns with his off-hand. How weird...

Related image

Uabyuaer o

Ouch.

Nice.

Um606rva oLentzenheimer... I have but one thing to say to you.

Atcrzt3q oOho, yes? Well, out with it! I shall allow you the honor of listening to your final words, brat of Gramud!

Um606rva o...

Ktyfifdl oTvdpclcx o

Srsusyk4 oDie.

Excellent use of the Runy smile.

H4jcomtg oFsciaabb o

Too bad, that's exactly what's happened. Now, bite the dust, won't you?

I like the detail of the extra cut.

U7ptrzgv o

The plot thickens...

Side note, he reminds me of the G-man, for some reason.

Ggfwjzvn o

So that's how the chapter split will happen.

Great. Now we can see Lentzenheimer get even more bloodied up!

0puhdlxj oQlgehg1c o

Thankfullee, Lee will barelee survived this badlee designed map.

...I will leeve now.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah-hah! Now you've no choice but to get mad! I AM WINNER! AHAH, HAHAH, BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHACOUGHCOUGH COUGH COUGH cough... cough cough... aaaauuuurggcoughcough cough... cough... haahh...

Only on Bizarro World OR Opposite day.

Maybe they just read that graffiti and knew what they loved.

...w-what?!

Oh, God, you better not be implying what I think you are... Sasha's image does not need to be desecrated any further in this thread!

Wait... I thought you were implying it was were the Pegasus went. Oh. Never mind. Let's just assume it's been sent back to keep her mother company or something nice. Or at least something less grim like it getting therapy.

Yeah... Holmes just doesn't stop giving. Giving shit!

Then again, when put that way the only thing saving Martel was he only existed for one chapter. Had he been around for a whole game...

Or backstabbing an ally for no reason at all. That was also quite brilliant.

It reminds me of an idea I had for a video-game that'd be a Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time parody in that it'd play similarly, but your advice fairy, instead of being hand-holdy, would be named "kryptiq" and give you advice that'd inevitably get you killed if you followed it. Like telling you the bottoms of a large boss' feet were it's weak point resulting in you getting crushed if you tried to get under them and attack. Except apparently Kaga did it first.

Someone explain the joke to me, damnit!

That's Laurent from Awakening, reclassed to general. Which of course makes him General Laurent. Which is close enough phonetically.

Yes. Get thinking, people, before I have to murder him senseless.

Often, Pike's have severed heads on them as a warning. This one will just have a severed head.

To be fair, the only evidence of Lieberian marine fauna that we have is a scene I wrote. Maybe there's just nothing at all in the Lieberian seas. And the salt levels are through the roof, so people just float up no matter what.

Still wouldn't explain Camus/Zeke in Gaiden/SOV, given SOV literally has a shark in the pirate''s fortress, and when examined Celica comments on it being impressive they caught it. So I'm supposed to believe, defeated and bloodied, he dropped into the ocean and floated to another continent without anything deciding he'd make an easy snack.. despite blood in the water? Then again mocking it lead to my Roger theory, so...

Juav7fjl oGckyk1w5 o

Ctmximdg oThey're experts in concealment, so I doubt you'll be able to spot where they're hiding.

Reminds me of when I came up with a new character for the DKC series. He was Viet Kong, and he was the master of Gorilla warfare.

Olfyzpuk o

Oh, there is plenty to regret, my friend. For instance, my decision to play through this chapter!

As if I didn't have enough reasons to write this whole chapter off as non-canon gameplay. Remember how I said not too long ago that we cannot afford to lose healers? We just lost healers. He's going on the death count in some way, but I'm definitely not going to bench him. Yell at me if you will, I'd like to beat this game, thank you very much.

Of course, if he dies again in 26B, I'll be shit out of luck, but here's the thing: in 26B, I can actually... do something to prevent it? It's a tough chapter, tougher than this one, but the difference is, it's less RNG-reliant, so if Lee dies again there, it'll most likely be my fault. As opposed to this bullshit. You could argue I didn't have to send Lee forward, but had I not sent him this way, it would've been Meriel, or Kate, or who knows, anybody. My point is, this chapter is crap, let's just get it done and get out of here.

I want to change that to "fulLee" but... damn thank God for non-canon routes. As if I didn't have enough reasons to hate Lentzenheimer.

Defense! How long can you go without getting defense on a 25% growth!?

Well, from a logical standpoint.. all the way.  That makes a 0.001340878% chance of not gaining defense in 39 levels. Low, but then I've seen less likely things happen.

11 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

...I will leeve now.

I was too severeLee traumatized to make this many puns.

Edited by Mad-manakete
bad maths

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He doesn't know a lick of any other language, so I'm pretty sure he's Spanish. I think.

No language we know of.

But more often than not, when he's pulling off those amazing dodges of his, he's in his shell!

Therefore, you need him like this:

TDS.png

...I just realized I sound a lot like throwaway bosses at times. And I did use Morgan as the base for my portrait. I wonder...

So you're the terrible 1-off boss in a hack then?

Quick, to Concepts!

Ergh... what? She's no camp follower, she warps around and nosferatanks for me! Holmes is the camp follower here!

She did just show up and get on the Sea Lion, with no discussion with Holmes.

I wish I knew. That's one of the things I like about this game, the throwaways tend to be above average compared to mainline FEs. It has its share of crap, but then there's stuff like this, or Ahab, or Barbarossa.

I mean, it's not like Thracia doesn't.

You'll see for yourself though.

I got to say, I never watched the whole thing before.

I can't say I get it.

I wish I understood either.

Yes, among the Narcian-type enemies, he's probably the most hateable one. I mean, Valter was nuts and murdered Glen, but who cares about Glen? Lentzenheimer murdered his own mother over a scolding, and then tried to frame an innocent woman who was just on guard duty! After failing to kill her himself, I might add. And then there's... everything else. Lentzie's list is so huge, I don't think I could do it justice by myself.

I mean, Valter had the chance of an interesting backstory that tied into Duessel and the feeling of disappointment he felt at Valter and the Cursed lance, but that didn't get expanded on.

Lentzenheimer and Joffrey, now both of those I'd see marched and put in the square to die.

Uun36q1i o

Today's map. It uses Runan's first overworld theme, for some reason, but I'm not complaining because that theme rocks and it fits the situation like a glove. About the map itself, seems... really easy, doesn't it? Just walk right up to Lentzie and whack him. Bunch of houses to distract us along the way, though.

That's a distinct lack of enemies.

This cannot last.

6casdrdp o

Cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B. Also, this is completely useless, because, again, ballistae, arbalests that outrange even this, etc.

Frankly, this map was not well designed at all. The only thing one can do is haul ass to Lentzenheimer and pray to the RNGoddess that the Archers and Ballisticians miss. Thankfully, the reinforcements that Zieg sent are complete numbskulls, and the area around Lentzenheimer is safe from most of the Archer fire, so we just need to get through quickly. May hand of the goddess protec!

I think part of it is because they're invisible, you have to have specific ways to counter them.

Not really possible to plan when they're not able to be seen.

Carmv0q2 o

Why?

Well. That's one way to start the chapter.

Excjkoww o

First things first, they kill the old man. :P

Olfyzpuk o

Well, RIP Lee in the non-canon timeline?

I actually saw this by accident as I was scrolling past to get more quotes and I was taken aback a second. That actually blew me back a sec.

Course, it's not canon apparently.

Ihkcqtcl oXdog1oeu o

Something about this house is really funny to me. Every other house drops five paragraphs of useless tutorials on you. This dude just says two lines, gives you some weeds, and that's it. Class act.

These weeds are nowhere near as good as what's in 26B. But they're close.

I mean, it could calm you down after Lee dying.

But it's not the other chapter. That could have everyone die.

Vmqfbrka o4mtoqjjw o

And of course, this guy wasn't about to miss the portrait recycling party. He's everywhere, I swear!

Ha0dg21k oI caught a glimpse of him a few years ago during a visit to the castle, and I must say he's grown up much since then. This lance is one of my most treasured possessions. I received it from House Razelia as a reward for my valor. Please give it to Lord Runan. He's the one who is truly brave.

P1zzgcas o Pfhah. Okay, cool pun, I'll give you that. Yes, it's a brave lance. Get it? Brave lance, brave...? Isn't the game clever? Well, isn't it?!

Ha0dg21k oWhat...? Lord Runan has never studied how to wield a lance?! Oh dear, oh dear...

The old man messed up by thinking he was Ephraim.

Bfvy25uh o1lvphuni o7frg124o oWhmdx842 oX1t7oeao oMncvw3mn oFipxhidp o

Pictured: unused sprites they could've put in this chapter's houses instead of reusing the same four faces over and over.

1: Asvel, is that you?

2: Did Safy get a yellow dress?

3: Is think like a palette-swapped Reinhardt?

4: It's Brown-Haired Mid-Life not crisis Luigi.

5: Attrom, but more muscled and closer to SoV Alm's hair colour.

6: Are we sure she never showed up?

7: Shrou, get outta there!

Oh, c'mon! Mintz too!? Stop getting hit, Mintz!

Hx9i2faz oIrc3aw7b o

On second thought...

You'd still not want him to get hit, you can't crit if you dead.

Vasfozze o

!! Excuse-- EXCUSE ME!? HE... hold on, hold up, what?!

M2oqxvkq o

See that? 10%? Yeah.

Fuck you too, game.

That's still more than 0%.

Bvisbxxk oZnvvelt6 o

At least it's over. The reinforcements this time around consist of 6 Rogues that'll attempt to raid the houses. That's... that's it, yes.

Lentzenheimer: The lord so disliked nobody cares that a band of rouges is gunning for his property.

Ftd2f9hs oHcgfevfe o9ruo2bet o

These dudes are still pathetic, and without further support, they're hopelessly outclassed. Zieg, I understand you didn't want to help Lentzie out too much, but did you really have to screw these guys over too?

I thought he wasn't leaving anyone, but they must have been the chaff that got officially passed to Zemsellia then.

Hrqntgtp o

Ctmximdg oOf course, we still had it pretty good when Prince Barker was in charge here. Yeah, those Canaanite soldiers had rules and honor, unlike you dung-brained buffoons. We were sad to see him get replaced by Lentzenheimer. Why don't you just kill him and let the Empire come back? I'd much rather be one of Barker's subjects than suffer under another do-nothing king like Badoum again.

P1zzgcas o ...well, this is different. The guy actually presents some fair points. Badoum's been established to be a terrible king, and after suffering under Lentzenheimer's rule for a while, I can totally understand why they'd be skeptical of us, given that, for all they know, Runan might just be Lentzie 2.0.

9kwagqlc o

Ctmximdg oSorry about my son. These young boys, all they ever talk about is how the Empire was an improvement over the old Kingdom of Reeve, even though they're barely old enough to remember Badoum! They never knew how great of a man Lord Gramud was. Here, take this charm. You've got my support.

This does leave an interesting point: the boys barely remember Badoum or Gramud apparently, but they look a bit older than that. He looks like he'd remember the two of them so it makes no sense that he'd say this unless he was Caanan all this time.

What, did Gramud do the one bad thing in his life to this kid or something?

6xtdnowx o

A good level for a Mage?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RNGODDESS YOU DASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!! And I'm sure she'll get fuck all in the actual chapter, just to piss me off!

Finally Magic!

Not that it matters.

9bmekt7h o

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!?!?!?!?!!?

Rnekn1oa o

15-FUCKING-PERCENT! NOT EVEN 20! AND THEY NAILED HIM TWICE! TWICE!!

.1*.15= 0.015.

That's a 1.5% chance there. Least he didn't get killed by it.

Pgyoylwo o

Imagine dying to this. THIS.

...never mind, he'd live with one HP. But still.

That's some next level low defence, the thieves killing you.

Fbzidlgb o

Lentzenheimer's terrible. Look at that! He's got better defense than Runan, sure, but Runan could still kick his ass no problem! Well... he could kick his ass no problem, if it wasn't for...

Those right there are some bad bases.

3 more defence than Runan's not worth it.

Lip5n26w oX5rbqzjz o

It increases Res, it destroys monsters, it has 50 uses....

What doesn't it do?

Ljzaqiqx o

The issue here is that Mintz completely obliterates Lentzie with anything other than the slim sword, and with it, he risks getting crit to death by the Lukuud. So that's my plan down the drain. Guess we'll just follow the classic strategy of sending Norton and watching him completely forego his supposed niche as a tank by dodging everything.

Why is it Norton's a dodgy tank of all things?

HBIDA.png

0zfd96rn o Make no mistake, this Duke Selius is Gramud. Selius is his surname, and Runan's of course. I have a feeling I've already mentioned this, but it's worth noting again.

4lt3brpp o Also, him again!?

Ha0dg21k oIt does me proud to know his great-grandson is working hard to preserve his legacy. I've kept this crest hidden for months so I could give it to Lord Runan upon his return. Now I have... no more regrets...

Wait, no Selius is his great granddaddy!

Right?

8ehbdh2b oDgjcjdpy o

SEE!

I called it!

Atcrzt3q oDo you like what I've done with the place? I think the castle's decorum has been much improved without all of your rotten ancestors glaring at me from their paintings.

0zfd96rn o This line works better in 26B, since that takes place inside. I cannot imagine Runan's ancestors would've placed their portraits on the outer walls of the castle.

I mean, there could be wall paintings as well to be fair.

Atcrzt3q oRazelia has stood in the way of its betters for far too long, Runan!

Jvj0lxze o

P1zzgcas o Quite the plans you've got there, big-shot! 'Twould be a shame if... something, happened to you before you could do all that.

I mean, he'd have to sort out his eye first.

Mv8boz41 o

...wait, what? Is the game going to spare him, too!?

Ah now, you knew this'd happen the moment you decided to do both. :P

H4jcomtg o

Fsciaabb o

I guess not.

Upkjnlek oX6ejdiet o

That man looks surprisingly able for his age.

Tudw5gxf oGgfwjzvn o

And so one old man prevents everyone from getting Lentzenheimer.

Rto5n42c o0puhdlxj o

It's like everyone seeing Wrys die last time.

Qlgehg1c oF7hnijmj o

RIP Lee, Never forget Lee

Try to make sure he doesn't die again, see me after class.

...well, at any rate, it's over. Next time, we liberate Granada with Holmes. I know, I know, you want to kill Lentzenheimer for real right now, but life isn't fair. Tune in next time to see the aftermath of this battle, and the prelude to the next! In the meantime, endeavor to fare as well as possible! Goodbyeeeeee!

I'm sorry, why?

You still have to do it twice then, right?

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

What doesn't it do?

Make it's owner likeable. Well, it might elsewhere. But not here.

22 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0puhdlxj o

You know, I was going to pass on it, but this is the perfect time to do a "Bishop Lee" reprise... just like Aladdin had the Prince Ali reprise.
"I know we're mid battle Runan, but there's someone dying to meet you" ~Lentzenheimer (as with the rest of the song, because perfectly douchey character to deliver it.. though that makes me feel worse for writing it given it's the one aspect I really, really didn't want to copy)

Spoiler

Bishop Lee,
Yes it is he,
But not as you know him.
Take a look,
And be shook,
By the fatality.

By my surprise attack,
He was shot in the back.
So say farewell
To your precious Bishop Lee.

So Bishop Lee,
Pushes up daisies,
Such a sad end.
Just one hit,
Shame it did crit.
What tragedy.

I bet it really must suck,
To have run out of luck,
To have lost a healer to my tactics sublime,
As I proved my superior mind.
Your healer lost,
A hefty cost.
Wheee-heee.
Farewell... Bishop Lee.
(Maniacal laughter)

16 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

It reminds me of an idea I had for a video-game that'd be a Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time parody in that it'd play similarly, but your advice fairy, instead of being hand-holdy, would be named "kryptiq" and give you advice that'd inevitably get you killed if you followed it. Like telling you the bottoms of a large boss' feet were it's weak point resulting in you getting crushed if you tried to get under them and attack. Except apparently Kaga did it first.

Sounds like Big Boss from the original Metal Gear, who starts giving you bad advice and false information as the game goes on. So Hideo Kojima did it first.

16 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Had to find some way to celebrate Lee's survival. And I wanted to make a Lee pun somewhere.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:17 AM, Hawkwing said:

Sounds like Big Boss from the original Metal Gear, who starts giving you bad advice and false information as the game goes on. So Hideo Kojima did it first.

Funny that. I can't say I ever played the original Metal Gear. Did try that butchered version for the NES once. Didn't enjoy it for obvious reasons. When it comes to Metal Gear, I find everything disappoints me because my first game in the series was Snake Eater (which I went through way more times than most would deem normal), and playing anything else in the series feels like a step down in some way shape or form, so that may be bias. I can't tell you how many challenge runs I went through, like only using the revolver you get from beating the game once to richochet bullets into the enemy's crotch. Or only killing non-bosses by throwing my pet cobra (a king cobra I tranquilized near the start of the game and got back every time I used it) at them up UNTIL that point you lose all your inventory. Or the run I went for the JAWS codename by trying to kill as many enemies as possible.

Anyway, the idea was mostly to have a game largely based around taking the criticisms about Navi, and doing a counter-argument in the form of the inverse. While also parodying Ocarina of Time in other ways by turning ideas on their head. Like having the guy that the Link and Zelda stand ins decide is evil based on looks turn out to be innocent. Or flat having the Hyrule stand in be ruled by a rather corrupt, evil king (not that Hyrule didn't sort of end up that way under Ganondorf).

I do this a lot. I once had the notion for a Batman retake after reading the original Ra's Al Ghul story by Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams and seeing how Ra's deduced Batman's secret identity (by checking who bought the things required to be Batman, there was three candidates and from there he worked it down to one by cross referencing appearances with Batman). I thought up the notion of "What if the same method was used on a character that actually was just a billionaire playboy whose money was being embezzled by an employee who was providing equipment for a superhero". Mind I still want to tell that story one day, but the notion goes the Bruce Wayne stand-in is actually a good-for-nothing playboy who doesn't give two craps about his dead parents. Instead, the Alfred archetype secretly loved the deceased mother (though never revealed it out of loyalty), and is appropriating funds for his own project. Mind, that's only a very small part of what I have in mind, hence why I'm free to talk about an idea that's not written. There's another aspect that majorly differentiates my idea from actual Batman and that aspect leads to it's own story arcs. The basis for why I'd do this is visual in Mark Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme from the 1980s at Marvel, where a team of JLA proxies took leadership of Earth and tried to fix it's problems, with the Batman stand-in (Nighthawk) trying to stop them because of some questionable decisions they were making (behaviour modification technology that altered people's minds). Or more famously, Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, where the Charlton super-heroes were the basis for the characters. This method of story-telling allows you to save time on introducing a character because there's a level of innate familiarity. Instead you can focus heavily on the differences and the results there-of.

TLDR: I really like taking established concepts and putting a new spin on them, and Metal Gear Solid 3 is best Metal Gear.

Also while I'm at it, here comes Unleash the The, as if I'm going to do a wall of off topic text, I may as well do something on topic too, and it makes me feel less bad about the Bishop Lee reprise.

Spoiler

Your achievements are always sweeter,
When you have to work for it.
You suffered a bad defeat there,
But your life is much less shit.
Just look at your life in Grust,
Remember the manipulation there?
Now you're surrounded by those your trust,
With a girlfriend who does care.
Unleash the The.
Unleash the The.
Roger has improved here,
Since he has moved here,
Dramatically.
Now that he's in Lieberia to stay,
He's enemies have learned to stay away,
More movement of course,
Atop of his new horse,
Unleash the The.
Down here the Roger's great now,
His weapons make foes croak.
Back home he wasn't so great now,
Because on his first map he did choke.
But Roger's misfortune was lucky,
Because instead of a sad fate,
He met a troubadour so plucky,
And they began to date.
Unleash the The
Unleash the The.
You cannot crit him
If you can't hit him
Fortunately.
It was by the Goddess' divine hand,
Roger washed ashore in this land.
His past was rotten,
Now it's forgotten
Unleash the The (Unleash the The)
Now his foes all die
Before his allies
Naturally (Naturally)
Even as Holmes initiates his brain,
Maruj imitates a plane,
We've got a team in here
That makes foes scream in fear
Unleash the The
Tom has the tank,
Racquel has mercy,
Maerchen just stank,
Mintz procs Flurry,
 Lionel gains move
While Garo crits you
Eugen's the Marquess of Snark (Damn right)
Sierra she can warp,
Shigen can revive,
If you fight Sasha
You will not survive.
Krishna strikes as she steals,
Lee quickly heals.
An' watch out for Norton's wrath blow
Yeah, unleash the The (Unleash the The)
When Lionheart's
Continue does start
Sweet victory (Sweet victory)
Watch as the enemy chances fade away,
The long game we're gonna play.
Each of our foes here
All will feed crows here,
Unleash the The
Each of the vile here
Will lose their smile here,
Unleash the The
Each of the fiends here,
Will be de-spleened here
That's why life's superior
Here in Lieberia,
Villains out of luck here,
There plans come unstuck here.
Unleash the The

Spoiler

Unleash the The.
Unleash the The.
Roger has improved here,
Since he has moved here,
Dramatically.
His enemies have learned to stay away,
More movement of course,
Atop of his new horse,
Unleash the The.
And they began to date.
Unleash the The
Unleash the The.
You cannot crit him
If you cannot hit him
Fortunately.
His past was rotten,
Now it's forgotten
Now his foes all die
Before his allies
Naturally (Naturally)
Maruj imitates a plane,
We've got a team in here
Unleash the The
Tom has the tank,
Racquel has mercy,
Maerchen just stank,
Mintz procs Flurry,
 Lionel gains move
While Garo crits you
Sierra she can warp,
Shigen can revive,
If you fight Sasha
You will not survive.
Lee quickly heals.
When Lionheart's
Continue does start
Each of our foes here
Unleash the The
Each of the vile here
Unleash the The
Each of the fiends here,
Will be de-spleened here
Here in Lieberia,
Their plans come unstuck here.
Unleash the The

Thought I'd make up for the Bishop Lee reprise. I'll note I took some liberties with the structure of one part because rhyming character names is impossible. Also the word Marquess does not actually rhyme how I used it.

Edited by Mad-manakete
typo

13 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Funny that. I can't say I ever played the original Metal Gear. Did try that butchered version for the NES once. Didn't enjoy it for obvious reasons. When it comes to Metal Gear, I find everything disappoints me because my first game in the series was Snake Eater (which I went through way more times than most would deem normal), and playing anything else in the series feels like a step down in some way shape or form, so that may be bias. I can't tell you how many challenge runs I went through, like only using the revolver you get from beating the game once to richochet bullets into the enemy's crotch. Or only killing non-bosses by throwing my pet cobra (a king cobra I tranquilized near the start of the game and got back every time I used it) at them up UNTIL that point you lose all your inventory. Or the run I went for the JAWS codename by trying to kill as many enemies as possible.

I have seen SomecallmeJohnny's reviews of the series, and when I have a more reliable timeframe, I plan on trying out the series someday. I have plans to pick up Snake Eater 3D the next time I'm at a game store, as I greatly enjoyed the demo, even if the controls took some getting used to (the face button controlling the camera is an odd choice considering the first release  of the game didn't have a free-roaming one. Although the touch screen definitely speeds up menu navigation, and in an odd way the times when the controls feel awkward seem intentional. Like, grabbing someone using CQC and dragging them around shouldn't be easy). I can see why people love the game even without looking at the story. Every time I played the demo I found out something new, from the fact that you can throw caged snakes at people, to accidentally discovering aiming your weapon at a knocked down foe will cause them to surrender, to discovering the kick can actually affect items on the ground, and so on. Even going through the same levels can be a different experience just from deciding to take a different approach.

Back to the original Metal Gear, yeah there's not much reason to pick it up these days. The plot was a typical videogame/action story with a good twist about Big Boss, and the gameplay falls under the "you have to use a guide to have fun" category. The second game (the official one. Not the one where Snake is a lieutenant and dons an orange jumpsuit) is where Kojima's storytelling starts shine, and is still rather impressive considering that it was done in the 8-bit era.

Also while I'm at it, here comes Unleash the The, as if I'm going to do a wall of off topic text, I may as well do something on topic too, and it makes me feel less bad about the Bishop Lee reprise.

I would ask how you manage to pull these songs seemingly out of a hat, but then again I pulled the "Indy Jones" song pretty much out of nowhere, and only referenced the original song for ideas. It's not that difficult to put oneself into a rhyming mindset honestly, even if I do have to remind myself that just because two words have similar punctuation doesn't mean that actually rhyme (for instance "sacking" and "dragon" can rhyme if you say it a certain way, but on paper it just looks strange).

On a different note, I started an ironman, no-grinding, and no pair-up playthrough of Awakening a few days ago, and I really wish that I knew how to screenshot 3DS games. I can see why people start Lets Plays, because there were several things I could see myself and other commenting upon. Like how characters that I wasn't huge on using beforehand ended up seeing a lot of action, to how Lissa was over-leveled because I was so used to Echoes healing and forgot that it was worth more experience in this game (as well as forgetting that staves have limited usage), to how Panne is best girl/badass bunny, to how Kellam defended a lot but never actually ended up attacking on the level where you protect Emmeryrn, to how both Miriel and Maribelle ended up having to tank a hit from a fighter to protect the stupid villagers in that one paralogue, to a joke about how doing Panne and Lon'qu's first support in gameplay with Virion added into the mix ended up awkward because it didn't actually unlock when the battle was over, to Gaius getting reaching level 10 without any leftover experience, but the event tile he was standing on gave him some free experience anyway, to Robin being a celibate, to the barracks hating me this time around, to how I accidentally bought the wrong item from a merchant with limited money only to turn out that it was a wise purchase later on, to how all of Gaius's forged weapons are candy puns, and several other things that my mind is blanking on right now.

By the way, Awakening without pair-up is actually kind of challenging in a good way. You won't be sweeping the floors as easily, but it doesn't make the game impossible. I still have mixed feelings on Awakenings difficulty, but it is a fun experience nonetheless.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. And I accidentally named my character "Hawkwind" instead of Hawkwing.

Edited by Hawkwing

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

have seen SomecallmeJohnny's reviews of the series, and when I have a more reliable timeframe, I plan on trying out the series someday. I have plans to pick up Snake Eater 3D the next time I'm at a game store, as I greatly enjoyed the demo, even if the controls took some getting used to (the face button controlling the camera is an odd choice considering the first release  of the game didn't have a free-roaming one. Although the touch screen definitely speeds up menu navigation, and in an odd way the times when the controls feel awkward seem intentional. Like, grabbing someone using CQC and dragging them around shouldn't be easy). I can see why people love the game even without looking at the story. Every time I played the demo I found out something new, from the fact that you can throw caged snakes at people, to accidentally discovering aiming your weapon at a knocked down foe will cause them to surrender, to discovering the kick can actually affect items on the ground, and so on. Even going through the same levels can be a different experience just from deciding to take a different approach.

Back to the original Metal Gear, yeah there's not much reason to pick it up these days. The plot was a typical videogame/action story with a good twist about Big Boss, and the gameplay falls under the "you have to use a guide to have fun" category. The second game (the official one. Not the one where Snake is a lieutenant and dons an orange jumpsuit) is where Kojima's storytelling starts shine, and is still rather impressive considering that it was done in the 8-bit era.

Honestly, for me the legacy tends to be enough. Sadly it wasn't until this post came up that I realized I hadn't lost my post like I thought I did when my browser crashed. Which resulted in a second post just to get the song (with two fixes natch) posted. Sorry about that @eclipse. I goofed hard out of sheer frustration.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

I would ask how you manage to pull these songs seemingly out of a hat, but then again I pulled the "Indy Jones" song pretty much out of nowhere, and only referenced the original song for ideas. It's not that difficult to put oneself into a rhyming mindset honestly, even if I do have to remind myself that just because two words have similar punctuation doesn't mean that actually rhyme (for instance "sacking" and "dragon" can rhyme if you say it a certain way, but on paper it just looks strange). 

I can't honestly say. Sometimes I just have an idea, and then I follow through with it. It leads to things, not just in language, but in everything. One time I noticed a pattern for working out the result of squaring numbers without a calculator. I asked my then professor at the time about it, but he'd never seen it (though questioned if it had a practical use). I've google searched the method and found nothing at all on my method despite it being demonstrably accurate. See, the thing is you take a number that's the result of squaring a number, then add the next odd number in sequence to it and you will get the next squared number. (O+1=1. which is the same as 1 squared, 1+3=4, which is the same as 2 squared, 4+5 =9, the same as three squared, 9+7=16 which is the same as 4 squared, and so on). Every once in a while I pull out the trick and it never fails to impress people who understand it, and confuse those who don't. Unfortunately, it's completely useless in a post-calculator world, so while I'll have the knowledge I discovered it, textbooks aren't going to teach it in 100 years.

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

By the way, Awakening without pair-up is actually kind of challenging in a good way. You won't be sweeping the floors as easily, but it doesn't make the game impossible. I still have mixed feelings on Awakenings difficulty, but it is a fun experience nonetheless.

Pair up was a mechanic I had mixed feelings about in Awakening, because it felt so overpowered. At the same time it gave the game something that made it different from prior entries. Kind of how things are with new mechanics. Sometimes they can be unbalanced but they're what make the installment stand out.

Part 54 - I can't come up with a title for this update.

The new Serenes interface uses the American date format. This made me think "HOLY SHIT IT'S BEEN NEARLY A MONTH SINCE I LAST UPDATED THE THREAD" for a second.

Stupid 'Muricans, why can they not do things like I do them? On top of being fat, they're bad. Hmph... you will excuse me, now. I have paella to eat and bullfighting to watch before my siesta.

X:

Spoiler
On 5/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, BrightBow said:

Man, that shade at Shirou.

Ahahah... I'm quite proud of it, myself!

One down, one more to go.

And what a one to go!

On 5/24/2019 at 1:16 AM, Pengaius said:

Lee, more like Reeeeeeee

...Not bad.

This update was cool, but nowhere near as good as 26B

You bet your ass 26B's going to be better than this crap. Not the plot, though. The plot has Arkis and lacks Zieg verbally kicking Lentzie's ass, so it's far worse.

On 5/24/2019 at 2:04 AM, Hawkwing said:

I see. I might take a second look at it, then. It might be a while before I actually buy the games, considering how many other videogames I still want to beat first at the moment, but I will keep them in mind.

Hey, not trying to force you, just a suggestion.

We both know he's not. And there's more subtly involved.

Billions of blistering blue barnacles! How dare you...!?

Don't blame you. The castle maps are fun and a definite highlight, but a lot of the maps can be forgettable. Especially in the mid-game, where most of them are reused.

I particularly love Camus-- ahem, Zeke's map. It's ten units for the generic bossman on one side of the plain plain, and another ten units for Zeke. That's all.

After the universe implodes?

Nah, just Holmes.

That would be so over-the-top, it would make Azura's Wrath look down-to-earth.

...the what?

Reveal hidden contents

3xMGJnJ6GSIqTe4gjFaI0CxdDEDqjiegWnUD7a0iKSXMTDa1v6Rxl9bn2X_MaxivnnMd1Z5TVJf2yZmWqt4o0ObC4Wbk7wMRjhomLn5JqUty2rToQUsHM_2_3HPHqhJx0a2E_-NA

AWK82PfPITgHKMZ668-qkpSNRbkXRB-dGIOxgrzpG3zcygMT7eDGrutOIjlNwObnqJHGSrOZjtODsug1o1UoG48X-NmiK0E7luEJlDPYUmj179qAv_yXD_uywRqVE_X-LVsOr0nc

(Close enough)

jE7b8SsQocJke-_6ppo19NwVPvxOaxRzOkDs8uajDAD7h0AeQD2f4TLly8f90Z3TblBUnrtEiyiX0B9TXelzb-xKnvE-IDqKqPTzqoUDMC_4ayUSCdoR27bwY9PDvEQqn-Bp1F9H

Ooooooooooooh it's Anachronic Glasses Son! I understand now. Still, that's clearly not General Lawrence. That'd be like saying the weirdo with the ugly hair from the new FE is General Lawrence, when he's clearly Lorenz Except Not The Good One.

Speaking of, since I doubt I'll get another chance to talk about this... anybody else feels like the Three Houses character designs are really subpar? Call me an elitist if you want, but I'm really not feeling the whole "everyone is a generic anime student" shenanigan. There's a grand total of exactly one character whose design I truly like, that being Hanneman. He's the only one that has something going on that stands out somehow. Rhea's fine, but she suffers from Generic Anime Face syndrome, and I suppose Raphael at least stands out, even if his design isn't my cup of tea.

Everyone else? Meeeeehh... very meh, even leaving aside the fact that half of them have the same clothes. If you like them, that's fine by me, but I don't know, when I compare them to the characters from older games, I cannot help but feel like they're way more... over-the-top anime, with bloated, overly detailed attires that don't even know what they're trying to be (Dorothea...), uncanny faces, and uninspired looks that aren't so easy to differentiate. That's not to say every old character's better (Heath's still hideous no matter how you look at him, for example), and I'm aware that their clothing will change upon promoting, but still, it's not the best first impression to go with. Especially when the only character I like has a very significant chance of being a villain. Is it too much to ask that I can get a Wendell-like unit in Hanneman? C'mon, I like his design and love what we've seen of his personality. It's like the Medic from TF2, except he's British instead of German. And I love the Medic. C'mooon let me have him as a playable unit!

Well, elitist rant over. I just wanted to get that off my chest. I'm still going to consider getting 3H, of course, but to be entirely honest, I'm way more hyped for Thracia and Berwick, whenever that comes out. Heck, even outside of FE, I'm looking forward to Super Mario Maker 2 way, way more. All I need is to know whether I'll be able to switch characters in Single Player (read, GIVE ME LUIGIIIIIIIII), and I'm sold. Even if I won't be able to, it'll merely be a slight inconvenience.

EDIT: Luigi and the filler toads confirmed playable in Single Player mode. Time to dust off my switch. Haven't played it since Nintendo's god-awful internet service kicked me out of every second Splatoon match for days until I ragequit the game (even though I can play TF2 perfectly, in the same room, on the same table, with the same fucking cable).

For such an odd name, it certainly does have a lot of different translations. It most certainly adds fuel to the fire to the theories about the origin of how the town got the name in the world itself.

It's all quite shrouded in mystery.

"Tactics? Nonsense! I'm already maxed in intelligence and wisdom, and can create the greatest plans known to man! What use do I have of 'tactics' and 'strategy'?"

And that is how all his terrible plans came to be. Oh, well. Still love ya, Eugen.

Looked it up. Turns out I mixed it up with the "Legion of Doom".

Ah, I see. So you wrongfully thought I was referencing something I don't even know. That's just grand.

...Whoo boy. It's going to be one of those updates, won't it?

Yeah...

...Someone(s) on our side dies today.

Weeeell...

No wonder Lentzenheimer has so few troops. The citizens skim out on paying the rice tax.

It also explains why they haven't rose up in rebellion. They're actually profiting from this ordeal.

The burgers are the real villains here, Lentzenheimer did nothing wrong! /s

...I think I remember reading sometime back about a crappy map that's nearly impossible to go through without someone dying, because there are archers you can't see or predict where they are.

Well, I won't be complaining about Fog of War as much now.

I mean, at least there are ways to see through the Fog of War, and in Berwick Saga, they finally made it affect the enemy as well! Yes, that's a thing that happens in Berwick. Have I mentioned that I need Berwick lately? Progress is way too slow for what I'd like (read, release right about now), but eh, I can't complain. It's a wonder somebody's translating the thing at all - and quite well, at that. I can be patient, I suppose. Though Aethin's radio silence worries me. Probably just me overreacting, or him taking it easy as the end of the school year approaches, but damnit is it making me nervous.

In other words, working where guerrilla warfare works best.

The fact that they're pretty much hiding in the city park does add some humor to the situation.

I suppose so, but it does not retract from the shittiness.

Reminds me of how the hardest times I've laughed in life all had to deal with death.

The first was when I was struggling to defeat three guys in an early quest the first time I played Morrowind, and after hours of failure (and loosing my voice due to swearing), built a new character and slew them all with absolutely no effort.

The second was in Dues Ex, after I was told that all the terrorists I had spared to complete the first mission were cut through like butter.

The third was Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, where after helping one merchant create this special ring, I learned that we killed his customer earlier in the game.

...phew. I was kinda worried when you said "death". But videogame death's fine. I guess. I dunno, the things I laugh hard at are far more innocent.

At first glance, I thought that she was holding a giant paddle.

Or shooting something with an alchemist weapon. Fire Emblem could use some of those.

I mean, you've got the magic swords, that kinda sorta fit the description.

Well, it is possible to split arrows in half. Maybe Runan is trying to get a cool scene for a movie. Maybe from the Monty Python background knights who appeared in update...18? Dang!

Lieutenant Berlin, was it not? Damn, don't look like it, but it's been a bit of a while! Heck, doesn't feel like it, but we're closing in on the end. It's not right around the corner, exactly, but we don't have that much of the game left either.

Runan learned the hard way that rocks don't split in half like arrows do when you attempt to block them with a sword.

Urk...

Guess Zieg wasn't kidding when he said he wouldn't send reinforcements even if he could.

And I love him even more for it.

There's always that one guy that doesn't like the protagonists when everyone else does.

He also has some pretty cool hair.

Too bad he hates us. Woulda made for a fine recruitable.

And of course that one guy is shut up, no matter how good their reasons.

It's like that one village in Thracia's second chapter.

...I'm trying to remember if we've seen a bandit with a sword before.

In this game? For sure. In others? Doubt it. Although, Thieves were the ones who plundered villages in the DS games, alongside Horsemen, so there's that.

No wonder Zeig thought someone as bad as Lentzenheimer could kill someone with a weapon like that.

It could be Maerchen, and he'd still do a decent job. That's how broken the Lukuud is. Now imagine it in the hands of Sasha.

Including the title, that's 17 things that are cool, but nowhere near as good as what's in 26B.

Jeez. That many? I was not expecting so many.

It also kinda looks like his portrait, for once.

I agree. It's a pretty great sprite. Better than he deserves.

Also, he's wielding a red lightsaber. Lentzenheimer is a Sith confirmed.

He murdered his mother just like Palpatine murdered his master, except instead of doing it to gain power, he... just sort of did it on a whim because mommy wasn't proud of him for being a douchebag.

Lentzenheimer is more evil than Palpatine confirmed.

Lukuud?

Is... that a reference to Star Wars Luke's clone Luuke? (Yes, that's an actual character. Granted, he only appeared once, but still. At least the rest of the book/series was awesome, as it introduced us to Grand Admiral Thrawn, and set the (high) standard for Star Wars EU material).

...the fuck!? Luuke?! I cannot believe it!

Related image

Pffffft okay that's highly laughable.

Ouch.

Nice.

Right? I definitely made an effort to make his wounds look extra hideous.

Excellent use of the Runy smile.

Thanks.

I like the detail of the extra cut.

And next time, he'll be getting even more.

The plot thickens...

Side note, he reminds me of the G-man, for some reason.

Well, suffice to say, he's not an unused character. We'll be seeing more of him.

So that's how the chapter split will happen.

Correct.

Great. Now we can see Lentzenheimer get even more bloodied up!

I already have some ideas.

...I will leeve now.

B-Bwaaaaaaah! Get out at once, leest I utterly obleeterate you!

On 5/24/2019 at 7:02 AM, eclipse said:

Invisible enemies?  Yeah, great idea.  JUST.  GREAT.

What, is that sarcasm I detect? How can you NOT love this idea that Kaga had? It's just fantastic!

In all seriousness, it's quite telling that even Kaga himself disliked this map enough to make an alternative chapter that's a thousand times better than it.

(in other words, NORTON SOLO)

Probably would've worked better than what I tried to do. Norton's invincible.

On 5/24/2019 at 7:48 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Only on Bizarro World OR Opposite day.

Bah...

Maybe they just read that graffiti and knew what they loved.

Bwahahahah... oh, goodness gracious.

Wait... I thought you were implying it was were the Pegasus went. Oh. Never mind. Let's just assume it's been sent back to keep her mother company or something nice. Or at least something less grim like it getting therapy.

It's Sasha. You need only mention her name and everybody within earshot instantly teleports to the nearest therapist.

Then again, when put that way the only thing saving Martel was he only existed for one chapter. Had he been around for a whole game...

Then TRS would've happened. Good thing that was not the case, eh.

Wait.

Eugen made that game.

EDIT: I'm proofreading this and only just now noticed that you said that's not an actual game, but an idea you had. Thus, I change my reply to "Eugen put that idea in your head". Yes, that should suffice.

That's Laurent from Awakening, reclassed to general. Which of course makes him General Laurent. Which is close enough phonetically.

Mm.

Often, Pike's have severed heads on them as a warning. This one will just have a severed head.

Pffft. Poor Pike.

Maybe he's actually Pike Parker? That actually sounds rather rad. Like an action hero. Hmm...

Still wouldn't explain Camus/Zeke in Gaiden/SOV, given SOV literally has a shark in the pirate''s fortress, and when examined Celica comments on it being impressive they caught it. So I'm supposed to believe, defeated and bloodied, he dropped into the ocean and floated to another continent without anything deciding he'd make an easy snack.. despite blood in the water? Then again mocking it lead to my Roger theory, so...

My best friend suggested he learnt to assume the form of an amoeba. I suggested he just floated on his oversized jacket all the way to Valentia. Take your pick!

Reminds me of when I came up with a new character for the DKC series. He was Viet Kong, and he was the master of Gorilla warfare.

Viet K-- gwaht?

I want to change that to "fulLee" but... damn thank God for non-canon routes. As if I didn't have enough reasons to hate Lentzenheimer.

Reason #54: killed Lee kinda.

Well, from a logical standpoint.. all the way.  That makes a 0.001340878% chance of not gaining defense in 39 levels. Low, but then I've seen less likely things happen.

Jesus fucking Christ, and I complained about the low % crits that took Treck from us! We're well on our way to see that!

At leeast it wasn't canon. That would've been positivelee heartwrenching.

On 5/24/2019 at 2:41 PM, Dayni said:

No language we know of.

To be fair, that man's brain probably would necessitate a language of its own.

Therefore, you need him like this:

TDS.png

I like how you picked a shot where you can still see the normal arrow breezing past Tom. He isn't just dodging everything, he's dodging all kinds of everything!

So you're the terrible 1-off boss in a hack then?

Quick, to Concepts!

We even have a sprite to use! But, nah... that one wouldn't be befitting of a throwaway. I don't look ridiculously evil enough.

Unless...

Hurgrqsx o

There we go. Send this to, I don't know, the devs of Staff of Ages. Yeah, I'm certain I'm important enough to be featured in the biggest hack being developed right now.

She did just show up and get on the Sea Lion, with no discussion with Holmes.

You an amnesiac? They did discuss it. Holmes was fine with it.

I mean, it's not like Thracia doesn't.

You'll see for yourself though.

I'm already aware that the amount of good throwaways in FE5 is closer to FE6 and Holmes!TRS than it is to Runan!TRS, but still, with the whole "you can actually spare some bosses!" deal, it sounds really interesting. Mark my words, I'm going to spare Reinhardt and Cohen. No matter what it takes...

Also, Xavier, but that goes without saying.

I wish I understood either.

I don't think anybody does. Ah, to go back to the time when memes made sense. CDI games were easy to understand. They were crap, that's all.

I mean, Valter had the chance of an interesting backstory that tied into Duessel and the feeling of disappointment he felt at Valter and the Cursed lance, but that didn't get expanded on.

Lentzenheimer and Joffrey, now both of those I'd see marched and put in the square to die.

Lentzenheimer wasn't corrupted by his cursed weapon.

His weapon was corrupted by its cursed wielder.

That's a distinct lack of enemies.

This cannot last.

It didn't.

I think part of it is because they're invisible, you have to have specific ways to counter them.

Not really possible to plan when they're not able to be seen.

If they used normal bows, I'd be able to do something, but with those arbalesters (arbalestians? Arballisticians?) running amok, there's just nothing anyone can do but run.

Why?

Kaga hates it when you have fun.

Then Berwick happened and he granted us in-map saves every five turns.

Thanks, Kaga.

First things first, they kill the old man. ?

Well, RIP Lee in the non-canon timeline?

Nah, he never died, totally.

I actually saw this by accident as I was scrolling past to get more quotes and I was taken aback a second. That actually blew me back a sec.

Course, it's not canon apparently.

That's the only reason I didn't get mad, really.

I mean, it could calm you down after Lee dying.

But it's not the other chapter. That could have everyone die.

Don't remind me...

The old man messed up by thinking he was Ephraim.

Runan doesn't pick fights he can't win? Maybe that's why he was confused.

1: Asvel, is that you?

Ergh... no, I don't really see it.

2: Did Safy get a yellow dress?

She looks more like Elincia than Safiya.

3: Is think like a palette-swapped Reinhardt?

Oh, God, we just gave them an idea for a Reinhardt alt.

4: It's Brown-Haired Mid-Life not crisis Luigi.

Hahahahahah okay my fav one.

5: Attrom, but more muscled and closer to SoV Alm's hair colour.

Sooooo TRS Alm? Kaga did it first again?

6: Are we sure she never showed up?

Pretty sure, yes. She does kinda look a bit like Liza, the Queen of Wellt, though.

7: Shrou, get outta there!

Who?

You'd still not want him to get hit, you can't crit if you dead.

Yeah, exactly.

That's still more than 0%.

Still... close enough.

Lentzenheimer: The lord so disliked nobody cares that a band of rouges is gunning for his property.

Mostly the people's property, actually.

I thought he wasn't leaving anyone, but they must have been the chaff that got officially passed to Zemsellia then.

He stated he was going to leave some troops behind to help buy him enough time to escape. Then he didn't even do that. I guess Zieg figured he'd rather be caught by Runan than help Lentzie in any way.

This does leave an interesting point: the boys barely remember Badoum or Gramud apparently, but they look a bit older than that. He looks like he'd remember the two of them so it makes no sense that he'd say this unless he was Caanan all this time.

What, did Gramud do the one bad thing in his life to this kid or something?

Maybe he bumped into the guy while he was in a hurry and forgot to apologize. The man never forgot.

Finally Magic!

Not that it matters.

Bah... stupid RNGoddess...

.1*.15= 0.015.

That's a 1.5% chance there. Least he didn't get killed by it.

Amazing. Now this is impressive. Just grand. Fuck me.

That's some next level low defence, the thieves killing you.

He's massively defense screwed. It's rather impressive, actually.

Those right there are some bad bases.

3 more defence than Runan's not worth it.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. Runan can dodge everything, at least. Well, when the universe allows him to.

What doesn't it do?

Save him from Norton.

Why is it Norton's a dodgy tank of all things?

Here's why.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:06 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

O93jT9f.pngHeh... I always have been--and always will be--on the princess's side. You would never understand.

QYm6zYy.pngWhat does that even mean?

xQunKTk.png It means he's awesome, but don't worry. You are awesome too.

HBIDA.png

Also this. This is awesome. Thanks, Norton, for existing.

Wait, no Selius is his great granddaddy!

Right?

...eeeh no.

SEE!

I called it!

So did I!

I mean, there could be wall paintings as well to be fair.

Fair point, I suppose.

I mean, he'd have to sort out his eye first.

That should probably be higher on his list of priorities, yes.

Ah now, you knew this'd happen the moment you decided to do both. ?

Hush

I guess not.

Well...

That man looks surprisingly able for his age.

And so one old man prevents everyone from getting Lentzenheimer.

We'll get back at him. At both of 'em!

It's like everyone seeing Wrys die last time.

Right...

RIP Lee, Never forget Lee

Try to make sure he doesn't die again, see me after class.

Since when are you a teacher? Since when is this a class? I'm the guy in charge here, ya hear me! I am the one who gets to order people around!

I'm sorry, why?

You still have to do it twice then, right?

Of course. Just wait and see.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Make it's owner likeable. Well, it might elsewhere. But not here.

To be sure.

You know, I was going to pass on it, but this is the perfect time to do a "Bishop Lee" reprise... just like Aladdin had the Prince Ali reprise.
"I know we're mid battle Runan, but there's someone dying to meet you" ~Lentzenheimer (as with the rest of the song, because perfectly douchey character to deliver it.. though that makes me feel worse for writing it given it's the one aspect I really, really didn't want to copy)

Reveal hidden contents

Bishop Lee,
Yes it is he,
But not as you know him.
Take a look,
And be shook,
By the fatality.

By my surprise attack,
He was shot in the back.
So say farewell
To your precious Bishop Lee.

So Bishop Lee,
Pushes up daisies,
Such a sad end.
Just one hit,
Shame it did crit.
What tragedy.

I bet it really must suck,
To have run out of luck,
To have lost a healer to my tactics sublime,
As I proved my superior mind.
Your healer lost,
A hefty cost.
Wheee-heee.
Farewell... Bishop Lee.
(Maniacal laughter)

This would probably only enrage me further... if this was the canon route. As it is, I got a good chuckle out of that.

Besides, I think Lentzie has bigger problems to worry about, what with the whole "Norton cut half my face off" business, to be able to afford wasting time gloating about how he killed a guy but not really.

...ah, what am I talking about, it's perfectly in-character for Lentzie to do that.

On 5/27/2019 at 5:07 PM, Mad-manakete said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Unleash the The.
Unleash the The.
Roger has improved here,
Since he has moved here,
Dramatically.
His enemies have learned to stay away,
More movement of course,
Atop of his new horse,
Unleash the The.
And they began to date.
Unleash the The
Unleash the The.
You cannot crit him
If you cannot hit him
Fortunately.
His past was rotten,
Now it's forgotten
Now his foes all die
Before his allies
Naturally (Naturally)
Maruj imitates a plane,
We've got a team in here
Unleash the The
Tom has the tank,
Racquel has mercy,
Maerchen just stank,
Mintz procs Flurry,
 Lionel gains move
While Garo crits you
Sierra she can warp,
Shigen can revive,
If you fight Sasha
You will not survive.
Lee quickly heals.
When Lionheart's
Continue does start
Each of our foes here
Unleash the The
Each of the vile here
Unleash the The
Each of the fiends here,
Will be de-spleened here
Here in Lieberia,
Their plans come unstuck here.
Unleash the The

Thought I'd make up for the Bishop Lee reprise. I'll note I took some liberties with the structure of one part because rhyming character names is impossible. Also the word Marquess does not actually rhyme how I used it.

"Unleash the The" has to be the funniest line I've read in a while. Thanks. Keep this up, and we'll have a full-on album of TRS-themed songs to use that Sasha album cover Dayni made a while ago.

On 5/27/2019 at 5:07 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Also, can I just say that, if this game had endings like the standard FEs, I'd expect no less than this for Eugen's nickname? You could argue that Eugen probably wouldn't have an ending since he's not playable, but I say he would. He'd punch the guy in charge of the endings until he decided to give him an ending. And I would not complain.

15 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Here, I'll try my hand at writing a song!

Ahem.

Here's the best

LPer ever

His name is

Saint Rubenio

And he never lets

Anybody die

And if you don't agree

Then you are a

Horsemaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Ruben from the editing room here. I regret getting this job back.

On a different note, I started an ironman, no-grinding, and no pair-up playthrough of Awakening a few days ago, and I really wish that I knew how to screenshot 3DS games. I can see why people start Lets Plays, because there were several things I could see myself and other commenting upon. Like how characters that I wasn't huge on using beforehand ended up seeing a lot of action, to how Lissa was over-leveled because I was so used to Echoes healing and forgot that it was worth more experience in this game (as well as forgetting that staves have limited usage), to how Panne is best girl/badass bunny, to how Kellam defended a lot but never actually ended up attacking on the level where you protect Emmeryrn, to how both Miriel and Maribelle ended up having to tank a hit from a fighter to protect the stupid villagers in that one paralogue, to a joke about how doing Panne and Lon'qu's first support in gameplay with Virion added into the mix ended up awkward because it didn't actually unlock when the battle was over, to Gaius getting reaching level 10 without any leftover experience, but the event tile he was standing on gave him some free experience anyway, to Robin being a celibate, to the barracks hating me this time around, to how I accidentally bought the wrong item from a merchant with limited money only to turn out that it was a wise purchase later on, to how all of Gaius's forged weapons are candy puns, and several other things that my mind is blanking on right now.

Hah, I know what you're saying. Since I started doing LPs, whenever I play something FE, I'm always unintentionally thinking things I would say if I was LPing the game.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. And I accidentally named my character "Hawkwind" instead of Hawkwing.

Hawkwind, eh. Now you have the perfect April Fools prank. Change your name to Hawkwind, and when people try to talk to you, they'll notice the different name and be slightly confused for a second. Hwahahahah! Brilliant! Ahahahaha, AHAAHAHA, HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH COUGH COUGH... cough... back--cough...! Back up...!

Honestly, for me the legacy tends to be enough. Sadly it wasn't until this post came up that I realized I hadn't lost my post like I thought I did when my browser crashed. Which resulted in a second post just to get the song (with two fixes natch) posted. Sorry about that @eclipse. I goofed hard out of sheer frustration.

Hey, don't worry about it, man. Don't forget, the thread owner's the same guy who posted whole updates out of spoilers. Multiple times. And also was fake banned somehow and kept her working on it for a week.

As far as annoying Eclipse goes, I think I got you beat.

I can't honestly say. Sometimes I just have an idea, and then I follow through with it. It leads to things, not just in language, but in everything. One time I noticed a pattern for working out the result of squaring numbers without a calculator. I asked my then professor at the time about it, but he'd never seen it (though questioned if it had a practical use). I've google searched the method and found nothing at all on my method despite it being demonstrably accurate. See, the thing is you take a number that's the result of squaring a number, then add the next odd number in sequence to it and you will get the next squared number. (O+1=1. which is the same as 1 squared, 1+3=4, which is the same as 2 squared, 4+5 =9, the same as three squared, 9+7=16 which is the same as 4 squared, and so on). Every once in a while I pull out the trick and it never fails to impress people who understand it, and confuse those who don't. Unfortunately, it's completely useless in a post-calculator world, so while I'll have the knowledge I discovered it, textbooks aren't going to teach it in 100 years.

You were born too late, mate. Had this happened just a few decades back, we'd be studying this under the name of "Mad-Manakete real name's equation". I'd also probably not like you for it.

Y:

Spoiler

Really short update today. At least for me to write, since half of the stuff is made up. Sorry it took so long, I got distracted with other things, and I'm becoming tired again as the end of the school year approaches (two more weeks and I'm free! For two months, but hey!).

Ytipjaam o

Jvlfmfsr o

Efcausdi o

T4yvdal7 o

Kdssdh47 o

Uldar5pe o

7jndxwiz o

3q6ulvhm o

0fao0q5m o

Ihfyewjs o

Uqazfw3v o

Hkuthgwc o

Rijamu7a o

Lquhp5qi o

Bdqivlpa o

Cjzxoe2a o

Vxpypxme o

Sykqefhm o

Nccpklvy o

Xfuu0fh9 o

Cx2aregj o

Vofwn4r8 o

Nneg0ms2 o

Drsuu5mw o

Ltqeor9p o

Rgs4ayhc o

We'll deal with all that later. For now, it's time to go visit the Alhambra.

J2vj3tda o

Battle to make Granada worse, you mean. Knowing Holmes, he's just going to skewer Xyon and leave to dick around elsewhere without leaving anybody in charge, sending the whole city into disarray.

Jdreea9c o

Whatever. We've text to read.

Kw5pgepo oBdhnka3v o

Nzki4hre oTell your men to stay in formation and not to pursue them too far. Hold the line until our western flank pins them from the side.

Uztlx4sc o

Xyon sorties and hovers over the gate. Then we go check on this western flank he was talking about.

Qn8kcxzv oZ6uovyll o

P1zzgcas o I like how these two look equally playable. Seriously, look at them! I wouldn't be surprised to see these two as the christmas cavaliers in some other FE game.

22ntkgm2 oEr...

O5zwkcmi oLady Renee!? Why have you returned?

22ntkgm2 oI'm sorry, Sir Pike, but I couldn't leave... Please, is there anything I can do to help? If any of your soldiers require medical aid, I can help take care of them...

Er94eaoi o

P1zzgcas o Hahahah... I like you, man. You're a cool dude. Just like Xyon, and heck, Bismarck was awesome off-screen! Why couldn't I play as them instead of Holmes?

22ntkgm2 oHm... Well, if the gate is shut, I could get you into the city...

O5zwkcmi oYou know another way in?! Lady Renee, I beg of you, show us the way! If we don't get back into the city, General Xyon will be in grave danger!

22ntkgm2 oI understand. Tell your men to stand very still, and I'll use my warping staff to get you there.

4lt3brpp o No!

Ealxpey5 o

No, no, no! The bastards are going to attempt a warpskip on me! Are you kidding me?! Didn't you guys read the rules?! They're right there, on the OP, for once! You can't do that, it's... it's not allowed! I-It's unprofessional!

1gcshs1u o

Anyway, Holmes's words and that's it. I already did the OC stuff two updates ago, which is good, because I'm tired as all hell today, but I don't want you to have to wait a full week for this shitty update.

Grxu0tof o

Gmhhyxnn oWhat do you mean, "our home country"? I'm from the Isle of Yr. Or were you referring to yourself and Runan? Feeling lonely that he's not beside you?

Muvphmfm oCan't you give it a rest for five seconds? Runan's doing his best right now to get the Duchy of Razelia back, so we've got to do what we can for Reeve, too.

Gmhhyxnn oFeeling patriotic today, are we? Whatever you want, Captain. Where you go, I will follow.

0zfd96rn o Thank goodness for that, too.

Mkl4tvmw o

4lt3brpp o What?! We already did that last time! Praeva led the full force of the Imperial army, and then that guy, Chalado I think his name was, came along with some more of the full force of the Imperial Army! Holmes, yet again you piss me off with your idiocy! Go find a hole to crawl in and die!

Gmhhyxnn oTrust me, no one needs any reminding of that, Holmes. They're all anxious enough as is.

0zfd96rn o As am I...

Well, that's it. Again, really sorry it took this long for such a short update. To be completely honest, I lost track of the time. I came to the thread today and was surprised to see it'd been five days since the last update. Thankfully, this will probably be a fun map, so it should make up for the wait. Nothing else, I hope you remain quite well. See you all next time, folks and folkesses!

Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna
                        Indiana Jones
                        Lee

*26A only