Chaos reigns when I take the reins! - Let's play Tear Ring saga, Ironman mode, while being terrible at Fire Emblem!

Saint Rubenio

22 minutes ago, Seazas said:

We talking about Kris?

It's about Richard, actually.

On the bright side, at least Richard died. So at the very least we won't have to deal with him again for the rest of the run..

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

By the way, I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge the fact that I put a lot of effort into the penis joke (pfff... no, c'mon Ruben, you can do it, you can say it with a straight face) from the last update, but everybody just sidestepped it. Not a single mention of it. Now I know what Heinz Doofenshmirtz felt when he was a child. Only instead of baking soda volcanoes, it's the car crash joke against every single other joke I make.

it's the car crash joke against every single other joke I make.

car

Hehe car

Arkis is bad.

Say what you will about Arkis, but he has more luck than Garo more mastery and luck than both Mintz and The Roger, only one less defense than Yoda, while being significantly lower levelled than all of them, so you and yours can go suck an egg. 

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Feast your eyes on these happenings! In delightful 144p, I have no idea why all of my videos are uploaded in such shitty quality, but okay. Actually, the one that's just Maerchen's ugly face is in HD! Fucker doesn't deserve that...

Anyway-- Indeed, it is possible for Wendy to do that! I have proven that she can be used in Hard mode. I am now proud of myself, and will continue to be for at least five more minutes.

Ah yes. I witnessed this a couple of days ago when it was uploaded in a thread relating to hints for a first Binding Blade playthrough. No less impressed by the fact that Wendy could've theoretically one rounded the guy than I was then.

But is any of them as epic as "I am the Roger the Paladin!"?

If they were, I wouldn't have to base my username off The Rodger the Paladin would I?

Frankly, if Waluigi makes it to Smash before Porky Minch, I'll be mad. Have you seen the theories? There's a surprising amount of evidence supporting Porky. But of course, they probably will add something like, I don't know, Byleth. I hate to sound like the average Smash fanboy who hates everything, but I really, really would rather they didn't add even more FE swordies. Use your imagination, guys, there are hundreds of characters in this series! You don't have to add more Marth clones!

Like the fact he's literally the only boss character from Brawl not to have seen any sort of re-use anywhere in the game (disregarding a certain capsule)? Yeah. I noticed that before the theories were up (I went all out on that game and was done with most of the on release content in a week, which doesn't change the fact I still can't 9.9 Hero's classic mode despite everything). I'll admit, I think he's got a better chance than Waluigi based on that. I'll also admit I'd kind of prefer the original 12 each having an enemy (even if a shared one) in the game. I mean, Mario, Luigi and Yoshi have Bowser, Bowser Jr. and Piranha Plant (if you count bosses Giga Bowser). DK has K. Rool. Link has Ganondorf (if you count bosses Ganon), Samus has Dark Samus and Ridley. Kirby has King Dedede and Meta Knight (if you count bosses Marx, and arguably the Hands given they were bosses in Magic Mirror). Any given two Pokemon fighting makes sense, but I can't help but think of Mewtwo as the "bad guy" just because of the First Movie back in the day and it's inclusion in the Final Destination match in Melee. This leaves Ness and Captain Falcon out. But at least Falcon's kind of got Samurai Goroh as an Assist trophy.

This is also a perfect time to mention, I was thinking of doing a version of "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch", but changing all the references to unpleasant things into references to Mother series enemies to make "You're a mean one, Porky Minch". I was just thinking of it today, and never thought I'd get an excuse to mention it in thread. Mind it's going to take more work than usual. Rhyming some of those enemies isn't going to be the easiest thing I've done.

Other thing is, I'll agree on the swordies. I would've liked to see someone like Hector or Ephraim... a lord that uses a different weapon. Mostly for the excuse to see the Hector-copter meme become an actual up-special. Catch is, every time new characters are added from the series it tends to be from the latest game. Unless you're Chrom or returning after an absence like Roy.

You can just post it ten updates into the Berwick thing, like you posted the Zeiss joke ten updates into this one. Make your weird-ass entrances another running joke.

Given my entrance last time was literally asking if Bizarro Sacae was Moonside in disguise... this could work. Though, I'm going to try and get in earlier next time.

Ah... you win. That floored me and my expectations.

Mind, it's medical. See, the crop is a bit in a chicken's digestive tract before the stomach where food rests and gets ground up with pebbles the chicken swallows while out pecking the ground. In some cases it may need support because of a medical condition, and that's where those things come in. Not that I've ever needed one... but I read about it when trying to solve my rooster's health issues before he passed.

Sheesh, don't you get close to those things! Shoot 'em with a bow. They aren't as weak as FE makes them out to be, y'know!

Ironically, so far about the best I could come up with. That said, even then I have the notion one would be at a distinct disadvantage.

Ih49ob2i oStep out of line just one more time, and I'll put you in one of these cells, after breaking all of your limbs so you can't pick the lock!

Swox3h53 oA-Ah! S-S-Sorry, S-Sir Eugen! I'll... I'll get t-to it!

Ih49ob2i oThat's right you will. By the time I'm done with you, you'll be wishing you hadn't jumped ship back in Wellt!

It's a funny thing. I've read a theory that Narcus was intended to be Xane based on Kaga apparently stating that Xane would be in the game at an earlier point in development and their similar ability/personality. In a way Eugen's helping you get back at Gotoh by enslaving his old buddy if that's correct. Would certainly explain the absence in Awakening.

Well... maybe? But consider the fact that Tatus is a descendant of them. That toad could not have a blood connection to anyone even remotely decent.

Spoiler

Tatus isn't descended from Humans. Remember the story about the frog prince? Where the witch turned a prince into a frog? Well, as each action has an equal and opposite reaction, Tatus turned from a mere amphibian into a human all people remembered as being royal. We know how his story ends, because we know how that story ends.

This is like an ode to everything that I've done. It brings tears to my eyes that somebody would care enough to put my LPs into song. Ah, such a long way from the days in FE12 when nobody even bothered commenting...

Well, that was kind of the intention. If I'm going to run out of songs/chapters I thought I'd go out on a high note. Take a break from the characters and make one dedicated to the LPs (and readers) instead.

T38ff1sb o

Arkis is bad.

Poor guy can't catch a break.

Kxt2sucw o

Ah, Maruj... his personal tome is the worst, Sylphid isn't even exclusive to him, mediocre stats, lame skills (he gains Flurry at level 38. Thirty-eight), bad movement, he gets picked on by everybody, Eclipse didn't put him in her list of favourite characters in her profile's "about me" section despite her frequent claims to love him... Maruj isn't even an entertainingly bad unit. He's just mediocre as all hell. If he didn't use magic, he'd probably be out of the team by now. Thank goodness that nobody on the other side has a good magic stat, eh?

Speaking of Maruj, I was reading some of my old British comics, and was reminded of a minor character from three episodes of the Ro-Busters strip named "Bomber Harrison". I'll have to get images later, but the guy was a soldier who was sent mad by a gas attack and believed himself to be a plane. I immediately thought of a certain mage. Here's a summary of his debut to prove I'm not making that up. https://dreddalert.blogspot.com/2013/11/ro-busters-hammer-steins-war-memoirs_6.html

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Xmgf0frn o

That last unit was fun. Let's take a look at another fun unit: Tom. Tommy-boy here's got three base move, which of course means I was contractually obligated to use him. I... honestly wasn't expecting to get as much use out of him as I did. He's hilariously defensive for a guy with a defense growth of 10%, which gives him sort of a niche? I know I got some use out of it. Remember the time he solo'd a Summoner's whole Harpy staff, singlehandedly defending the left side of Maerchen's boat while everyone else pressed on forward?

Unironically how I remember Tom.

This single copypasting of his portrait has made him more relevant than Ezekiel. That's just sad-- you know what? Here, have a mention too, you bastard.

I thought you did another joke reference to Ezekiel back when doing the Leteena stuff with Kreiss?

Crkmpcux o

Eugen. He beat Holmes with a single punch, which must mean that his stats are even higher than the blonde dummkopf's. That's right: Eugen breaks all the caps. Eugen would break the game, but he knows that's not my style, so he has generously sat this one out. Ain't that mighty nice of him.

If he breaks all the caps, why is his HP so low?

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0zfd96rn o Sadly, she could not get through to him. I'm afraid Tita wasn't the only one who lost the capacity for rational thought many years ago...

Truly the great tragedy of this game. If Tita's father hadn't abused her by forcing that transformation, every bit of suffering in this game would have been averted. The biggest villain of this story was dead before the game even began. Which is saying something because Lentzenheimmer, slaver, Porky between games and "Definitely not Waluigi" weren't slouches in their department. But could any of them have done more harm in a single action?

Abf44fpt o0qlmkklv o

OH MY GOD HE ACTUALLY KILLED HER

Special death/combat animation with her chained to the statue(?) and everything. This guy means business. (que edit of "Pokey means business)

Rx79mwxc oNo, you're correct. I cannot change anything. Whether they win or lose will be decided by people greater than I. All I can do is hope that my death will be a swift and painless one... please... let it be somebody else, and not that monster of a girl...! Even I do not deserve such a fate, do I?!

Q6xpr3vl oYou haven't stopped talking about this "girl" since you arrived. Even as you were struggling between life and death, you kept muttering about her in your delirious sleep. Do you truly believe a heinous pagan could hope to stand against our lord Gerxel!?

Rx79mwxc oYes. Yes I do. There is no stopping that demon... and you'll soon find out why.

I find the idea that she's literally became a demon capable of killing Gerxel in his eyes hilarious. Some of this conversation also fits surprisingly well with Luck Fails... which I guess I'll post now. To the tune of the *extended version* Duck Tales theme of course. Why the extended? I wanted to do the Final Curtain segment of the song as "Final chapter"... among other changes to the segment. I planned that in case it was where he returned. Essentially timing meant an extra verse or two.

Spoiler

Waking up in sweat he screams.
(Historian of Wellt)
Murderprincess haunts his dreams.
(The cards fate dealt).
With each employer,
He meets the destroyer.

(because his)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Every caper he'll escape her.
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Ailing fortunes, both his and her,
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)

Even as they begin the
Final chapter
The historian is out there,
Evading capture.

But every day,
His plans go astray!

(because his)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)

Princess Sasha's out to find you.
What she'll do we need not remind you.
What to do, well you're screwed if,

Your Luck Fails (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)

Not skill based fails, or planning fails.
No, their Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)

Fino3pjp o

I'm sorry for ruining the moment. I could not resist, when I saw the line...

I hop she does. We need it the way he's dropping his prisoners.

Qeaohdnu oW1vfq8mv o

...poor Maruj. He looks so stiff compared to Guenchaos. He's outclassed even when it comes to pretending to be a plane. He can't keep up with anyone!

Maybe it's a really advanced magic technique? I mean if Guenchaos is using it...

4isv1r1z o

Well. He's gone. Some will rejoice, some will be saddened. I'm just angry that I couldn't get his death face to not look derpy.

I'm stuck halfway between. This was a well written Richard... but OG Richard... really does sound like he deserved it.

2vmfzpqe oOympmiur o

JESUS okay, yeah, that's exactly what she's done.

I can't decide if this is the most dramatic or anti-climatic thing that could happen to Guenchaos. Either way it's not exactly what I expected.

Death count: Attrom
                        Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna
                        Indiana Jones
                        Lee

The Roger The Paladin
                        Lionel
                        Letena
                        Lee

Zieg
                        Katri
                        Neyfa
                        Enteh
                        Richard

Well... at least the new deaths weren't avoidable. Kaga....

I must say, seeing Tia mangle Guen both only for him to plot-cheat his way out of failing/dying there is damn cheap. It's like Kaga wanted Tia to reflect one of the themes this game has (namely that the game's events are bigger than one lord's journey and that there are other heroes than Runan and Holmes) but at the same time didn't want the game's Gharnef to be killed before he succeeded in his dastardly plan. So of course he didn't lose there and his plan carries on anyway.

Edited by Eryon

On 10/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, Pengaius said:

Say what you will about Arkis, but he has more luck than Garo more mastery and luck than both Mintz and The Roger, only one less defense than Yoda, while being significantly lower levelled than all of them, so you and yours can go suck an egg. 

Also you forgot he gets Bronze Paladin as a promotion so he doesn't lose stats when dismounted... unlike The Roger and Mintz.

Can we all just agree that Arkis may not be the best unit, but at least his heart's in the right place? I'd rather a well-meaning goofball like Arkis over a Vega (read high-performance unit with shit-tier morality) and I'm sure you both can meet halfway on that point. Even if I know the argument's mostly about the fun of needling each other... it's still nice to know there's common ground.

Oh, no! A Saint Rubenio notification but it isn't ten kilometers long?! That can only mean one thing... That's right, folks; it's Technical Difficulties Time! Woo!

Without delving into the details too much, I am currently unable to post anything on the site from my computer. Even short posts like this one require that I go on my phone. I intended to push the update today, but it just can't be helped.

I spoke with Eclipse already, and with any luck, it'll be fixed in a few hours. This, of course, means you can expect the update in over twelve hours, because timezones are fun and I have to sleep and then go to school and then eat and then take a shit before I can try again.

I pray that it doesn't take any longer than that.

Cheers.

Well, seeing as the update's delayed... I may as well throw out Zach's Lament as an attempt at salving the wound.

Spoiler

(That battle was rough. Wish we had a knight like Norton on the team)
(Ignored again. Just like last battle. And the one before that. And the one before that.)

There are few who realize it, that I even exist.
Like Kellam I'm ignored by everyone.

Save a king and queen from the executioner's block?
Holmes takes credit for everything I've ever done.

I've done so much to help end the war,
To ensure the enemies surrender and retreat.

But it seems my own team's ignorance,
Is the one foe I cannot now defeat.

Every damn fight it's the same neglect.
And all I want is a little respect.
And I, Zach, who saved his excellence,
Have grown so tired of my own irrelevance.

Ever since I joined this campaign,
My importance has continued to wane.
Don't waste your tears, I don't care for pity.
I am doomed to languish in obscurity.

I'm a pretty good knight.
With adequate might,
And I'll tank hits right
Til the end of my days.

To a guy in the cult,
A fight will result,
In him and his brethren being slain.

But since I'm a pre-promote,
That's all she wrote,
When it comes to my mobility.

Typical of my class,
My armor's great mass,
Isn't conductive to agility.

But who out there would ever notice me?
The knight who must fight his obscurity.
I don't care, if they only notice my faults.
I'd take that caveat if recognition results.

And when it all has come to an end...
Will I ever be spoken of again?

Me when I finally get to reading all the LPs after falling behind:

kearney.gif

(This is one of my favourite gifs ever. It just so perfectly represents so many things.)

Me when I finally respond to Rubenio's:

mgs2_29_9bb.jpg

First, man what you did to your own story. Are you okay? That aside, the story that you gave to the archaneans and OCs has been pretty dang good overall (Don't bully Wrys ever again though). Even if I'm not as 10/10 for TRS itself (Yes, I'm the worst) even I can't deny the effectiveness of much of what happened while I was missing. Even if I don't think Carla's the super amazingest ever. (RIP Lionel too, while I'm at it.) And yes, Aethin did nothing wrong with Richard (#AETHINDIDNOTHINGWRONG) and therefore is better than Kaga. 😛

So, why am I not writing out a bunch of shitpost lines and trying to give some stupid yuks and criticising things? Well, it's been 4 months. There's a story to tell.

I..... must confess I kind of forgot to keep up. Lots of things happening at home, stressing out related to trying to get work, finishing RD, it all added up.I mean, I missed the 3H release date (still haven't played it yet.)

Then August came and something came up (with apologises to @Hawkwing):

611101845_StillCantCommentonLP.png.f2229f83fb44bfc2f06be72d147579d0.png

So yeah, after years, I got work in August. It's been a long 10 weeks since then. It's been fulfilling despite being essentially a paid intern, but I've been staying with my brother. Who just bought a place and is staying with his fiancé. A place they're also renovating. Needless to say, it's been straining and not just because I've been sleeping on the floor the whole time. How so? Because of recent changes in the fiancé's shift I got thrown out for two nights. This one being on his birthday. Point is, lots of shit going on, stressing out, trying to find a bed that doesn't make me just stress out.

Point is, lots been going on, hope things are going well with you.

Also, considering we finally got to the endgame, I have to say this: JEEZ, Guenchaos so thirsty he transformed himself into a dark god to be with his gf.

(I hope this shitty line makes up for all the ones missed this LP because I could not manage to respond to over a dozen updates. I'm sorry. And not sorry.)

2BmO6h6vgM38LKdtV_bDN5Rn3pfQ4nXL1fi3cjdBWoS7OIYFBlWvV_BvflDdVF6BqFLwNKVqBz0f5GJBx0Z0rPE793oOGpdAA8RyFulvv6WvSKaIqRphMXLucwrMgZpAfssoKxUs

I think SF hates it when I comment on replies and the Let's Play in the same post now. No joke though, I spent most of the week last week trying to write that, only for SF to delete the whole thing. That's partially the reason why I haven't been on my computer for a week now (wanting to play videogames instead of writing was the other reason).

In other news, I finally beat Fates! Did so 6 days ago, and I'm glad it's done and over with after all these months. Some general thoughts:

Spoiler

Overall, I'm glad I played Fates, but I also don't regret putting the game off for so long. I was definitely challenged, I felt I grew as a player, and I got better understanding of great level and game design. Indeed, if there is something I will praise Conquest heavily for, it's that it manages to be difficult through map layout and enemy placement and abilities instead of resorting to hiding information from the player or pulling off bullcrap tricks. The vast majority of the time if something goes wrong, it was the players fault (I say "majority" because I did encounter the typical "enemies crit with single digit hit rates, high hit rates miss and low ones hit" bullcrap (more than I would have liked, to be honest) but even then, I can say that about every Fire Emblem game). I will also praise how it doesn't hold the players hand yet doesn't throw them in the deep end either. If a specific gimmick needs an explanation, the game will provide it, but the player will have to figure out how on their own what the placement of villages and chests, the map layout, and the weapons and skills on the enemies will mean when planning for the level.

At its peak, Fire Emblem Fates was the most fun I've had with a Fire Emblem game. It was also the most frustration I've had in the series. The levels kept getting harder and harder, with no room to breath, and after spending an hour or two on a single level having to observe every single enemy since this game can and will kill you if you neglect to pay attention to enemy stats, skills and weapons, I was exhausted by the end of most levels. While I can't say that any of the maps or gimmicks were badly designed, I can't always say they were fun either. I believe Fates story's infamous reputation precedes it, but it's still not good, and while I'm generally fine with a game having an okay story if the gameplay makes up for it, I can't say that having to deal with Fates dialogue before and after each battle gave any encouragement.

I will say that I felt Fates writing issues were due less to incompetent writing, and more due to biting off more than they could chew. It feels rushed, but not in the typical "holy crap we have a few months/weeks to hit the deadline try to wrap everything up!" way but rather the "Holy crap we bit off more than we could chew. Grab the first thing that works and run with it!". Considering the other gameplay factors they had to consider, and I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of worldbuilding and depth was simply because they didn't have time to focus on it.

I definitely recommend this game to Fire Emblem veterans to want a challenge. It's difficult yet fair, and I can easily see how people could utterly despise this games story, writing, and characters, and still unironically call Conquest their favorite Fire Emblem game. That said, I would also say not to go out of your way to get it. It's a great game, but not "MUST PLAY" levels good.

In more news, I finally have Shadow Dragon (and Metal Gear Solid 3D)! I decided that I wouldn't have much luck hoping that the game(s) would be in a game store for a good price, so I just bought them online. Having fun with both of them so far, even if I'm still adjusting to a few of the changes between games in both series

On 10/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, Dayni said:

YAY! Somebody used my meme! No need to apologize. We understand.

My thoughts on the first part of the final level summarized:

• The title of the update legitimately got me hyped.
  • Even if I didn't have much to say about it, I enjoyed the section where you gave your thoughts on each unit and how they grew over the course of the Lets Play.
    • Also, It's amazing to see Indiana Jones return.
  • A lot of my posts regarding the story were more or less "This game manages to do a lot with a little." Seriously, Guenchaos (for some reason autocorrect thought I was saying "unchaste". Make of that what you will) became an extremely interesting antagonist in a very short amount of time.
  • Took the words out of my mouth regarding Katri's speech. As dumb as she's been this Let's Play, her final speaking moments where dignified.
  • Even though Guenchaos's sprite has the ridiculous hugging pose that shamans have, his actions quickly made it threatening.
    • Also, I actually said "oh..." aloud when I realized that the game permanently killed off the characters.
  • Why Holmes didn't react to Katri's death:
  • Spoiler

04edcfbn oOf all the times to have to go to the bathroom, it had to be now. Better than going in the middle of battle, I suppose. It felt that an organ was going to explode if I waited any longer.

04edcfbn oAnyway, what'd I miss?

04edcfbn o... Did Katri faint or something? She's not moving.

• The bad guys plot in the Fanfic is essentially making Ruben see his friends as red units and evil dude as a green unit.
  • I was very, very wrong about what the keys would be used for.
  • I can see why Sennet is the only one allowed to beat Guenchaos.
  • Kishar's Wrath looks like fireworks.
  • Wrys summoned bigger fish.
  • I would consider the change with Richard to be an example of a great localization.
  • Richard's attack on Guenchaos in a nutshell:
    • Related image
  • I actually did look at a video for the final map. The spritework is awesome, and it's a shame that Richards sprite is only seen here. I was also spoiled gameplaywise, but storywise I still don't know what happens. Speaking of which, the "highlight the speaking sprite" method of communication works better in the LP than in motion.
  • Saying that Guenchaos's spell went into Richards brain made it much more creepy to me. Also, I don't blame you for not being satisfied with Richards death portrait.
  • I suppose Tita follows "you can change equipment while paused" rules?
  • A lot of this level is obviously scripted gameplay-wise, from from a story perspective it's hard to complain about.
  • Next time: DRAGON FIGHT!!!

Side note, I spent most of the day rereading the Let's play after finding Holmes portrait. I really need to get better at resisting distractions when commenting, although it was great seeing what happened in the past.

I love how everybody has returned in time for the finale, but I am still unable to post the update that has been ready for half a week now.

But not to worry, I know it's extremely late, but I have a little idea that should allow me to post it this monday, if it comes to that.

Still, though, this is getting ridiculous.

Seeing other people do it and this coming up on the finale, I'm gonna try and finally binge it this this week if I can get the time, maybe on my remote work day. Doubt I'll finish before next update, but oh well!

I also feel like I need to bring back what I feel was my one important contribution to the whole thread.

https://youtu.be/h5p5PvYGB4w

5 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Seeing other people do it and this coming up on the finale, I'm gonna try and finally binge it this this week if I can get the time, maybe on my remote work day. Doubt I'll finish before next update, but oh well!

I also feel like I need to bring back what I feel was my one important contribution to the whole thread.

I realLee should have tried parodying that song... but I'm Leeving it as is because you don't mess with perfection.

So. Here's what's going on.

I tried to push the update from my school computer. I didn't want to log in there, so I intended to do it as a guest. Crack a joke about it or something. Anyway, spent four hours bending over backwards, alternating between school work and redoing the whole update with nothing but the text. But I did it, and pressed submit.

For starters, the "put your email here" box is nowhere near as clear about what it does as it should be. I put my own email, but it said I could not post, as the email was taken by another user. I tried submitting without an email, but the site glitched and didn't even take me to the captcha until I refreshed the page, so I wrongly assumed the email address was required

After that, I put a different, made-up address. Then it demanded that I made an account for that email which I half-assedly did. That worked, but after the captcha, I was unable to enter the thread: it had been replaced by a screen demanding that I verified my account.

At this point, I panicked, and upon noticing the "cancel submission" button, I quickly pressed it, hoping to go back and try something different.

This resulted in the destruction of all my progress. You know, four hours. While doing school work at the same time. All gone.

The one thing I don't want is for this LPing thing to become stressful, and right now that is all it is. I absolutely hate to do this two updates from the end, but I am sick and tired of the bugs and the glitches. The last few updates have been an absolute tedium to publish because of the site falling apart every second day.

Therefore, until my issue at home is resolve, the LP is on hiatus. If it isn't resolved, and I'm losing hope of it ever being fixed (one full week without so much as a suggestion to restart my computer is terrible), then I guess the LP really will die right before the end. Whoppity fucking doo.

That's all. Sorry if I sound bitter and mad. That'd be because I am. See you around.

Part 76 - Chaos reigns, part 2

And the award for the tardiest update goes to...

It's such a shame there's no more updates. Such cursed things are happening in my newest Thracia playthrough... ah, what the heck. There's time enough for one more. Best go out with a bang!

So I was playing chapter 8x. You know, the one with a Henning-tier boss? I brought Asbel so that he could Grafcalibur the guy.

Then some mofo with a handaxe and 40% hit crit Asbel to death. I have no idea what even happened there. He must've had 3% chance to hit him critically, at most. Well, it happened, and I decided to press on.

There was only one unit left that could take on Gomez. I had him shoot an arrow at Gomez, just on the off-chance that he actually hit (he had a 30~% chance to hit), and so that Gomez would equip his bow on his turn.

This absolute madman got a crit. Which put Gomez within killing range of the brave axe.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen.

Jl9f1vgn o8ckh6rv2 o

Dalsin killed Gomez. Perhaps I should've recorded it on video. Ah, who cares. The important thing is that it happened. And he didn't even get any help, either. Heck-- nobody else could help! He was the only one who could do anything!

All I can say is, that totally was worth losing Asbel. I intended to use Homer, anyway.

Wsfdq9yq oAkwfeg1k oBeszdx5l oKylm7frd oAfyrvdpw o

These fellows compose the "bad division" of my team. Funny how the least bad of them is the worst in my case. Kinda ashamed that I'm not using Shanam, but still, I'm proud of the good-to-bad ratio of my team. Oh, you can't see it here, but Miranda fixed her infamous "-1 move on promotion" problem by getting a point of move in her joining chapter. And then she got another one the next chapter. You rock, girl. Show those bastards what the Princess of Alster is capable of! Hwahahah!

Zdft0zgm oLsrakuiu o8e8wggqh o

Other highlights include Salem. Most people use him as a staffer. Some crazy fellows out there use him as an anima Mage. Me? I love dark magic, so my favourite thing is to get him to cap magic, give him Vantage, and watch him one-shot all but the strongest enemies with Jormungand. It works, I swear!

Also, Xavier. Recruited him again. Using him again. You can't ever have too many Generals, especially when one of them is green Dougy. Also, Pavise is hilarious.

I'm only showing Conomor off because I'm fairly certain nobody has ever used him before me. He's surprisingly good, actually! I was expecting worse from handlebar man. His portrait irks me, though. For some reason, it looks to me like he has his mouth slightly open at all times, and the left eye (his left) is weird.

With that out of the way, it is time to go kill us some dark gods.

How could this fort be taken:

Spoiler
On 10/9/2019 at 8:54 PM, eclipse said:

Perhaps Richard handed Tia a dagger or something first, and used himself as a distraction so that Tia could free herself.

That's... interesting, actually. Huh. That explains the binds going away, but what about the armor and the shining holy light?

On 10/9/2019 at 9:03 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

My absence of speaking of Hicks and Dalsin beforehand meant I was relegating to them to be "bad" pile, particularly Dalsin.

Hoo, boy... do I have somethin' to tell ya about the Gomezslayer...

But moving me towards a reverse-feedback loop where I grow more adamant in my defense, especially on Halvan. Not that I'd be so irrational as to leap right into one. Instead, I'll just bestow favoritism on him for all eternity via Scrolls, should I wish to do that, I might not. It could be I'm taking the one I had as average, where even before Scrolls (which I did stack) he was blessed.

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it there. We'll run out of updates to argue. Besides, you should know that me saying something's bad is more of a compliment than anything else, as it means I will bend myself over backwards in order to get some use out of the thing. Good things are the ones that need to be worried. They need to have much to offer in order to persuade me, and I don't mean just the things that persuade everyone else.

In conclusion, I am an idiot.

How do you know if the Zoan nation is gone, if Runan & Holmes never traveled to the Zoa Valley? For all we know, Sennet could have recruited a level 38 Zoan Warrior chief who remained in feeble opposition to the Cult of Gerxel for the past few decades. There could be thousands still alive, and whom King Sennet grants political and cultural autonomy within his kingdom to.

Hmmm... that's a very optimistic outlook on the whole situation. I dig it. Let's go with that. It's less depressing.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, BrightBow said:

Thanks for adding the diagrams. Figured there would be some straight lines there.

The speed line just doesn't cease to crack me up.

I wonder if it actually has the Sylph effect.
You probably know this, but if you actually try to attack Gwenchaos from long range, it will enter a battle but your character won't get any attacks off. Just like Duma and Jedah in Gaiden. So in terms of gameplay, he doesn't actually need to hit you in order to shut down your attacks.

I didn't know this, actually. Probably because I never brought a tank to this map before, and in this run I (obviously) didn't get Tom to move close enough in time. That's pretty interesting.

Hmm, I wonder if it's still possible to hurt Gwenchaos with indirect attacks. One of these days I gotta make sure to bring some area of effect spells into the final map.

It would probably be extremely difficult for them to reach him. The only one I could see having enough range to make it to him is Kishar's Wrath. If you ever manage it, please create a thread describing the results.

Also, can I just say how effective it is that the "Tied up Shaman" class has an actual death animation? After a whole game of people just flashing out of existence, it's so unsettling to see a limb body drop like that. Keeping the NPC's on the map with a transparent portrait and 0 HP is also a surprisingly effective way to emphasize those deaths.

Oh yeah, the first time I saw it I was legit creeped out.

Carla is really good in staying out of range. I'm glad that in Delte's playthrough she just so happened to teleport close to Shigen. And that Shigen was able to actually kill her in 1 turn. Not sure if you can pull this off here.

Shigen could kill her no problem, he's very good. But so far, she keeps insisting on avoiding him! Damnable wench...!

On 10/10/2019 at 12:55 AM, Seazas said:

We talking about Kris?

No, actually--

At least Robin and Corrin are apart of their own stories and continuities.

Kris couldn't fuck off and let Marth be himself in his own story.

...well. Here we go, my thread's officially derailed into an avatar rant.

Can't say I mind! Here are my two cents: at least Kris is fun to use in the gameplay, thanks to them being capable of becoming basically any sort of unit. They're a different unit in every run, if you want them to be. The other avatars are much too constant to be effective avatars. Not that I ever model avatars after myself, anyway, but it's fun to make up a character from scratch using the avatar. Kris is perfect for this, even if he does take away from the story at times. The others... not so much. I know that I never cared much for Byleth in my 3H run. I really only leveled him up because I wanted to recruit Hanneman, other than that I couldn't care less for him.

By the way, I'd like to point out that you've started following the thread two updates before its conclusion. Just a funny little detail.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:17 AM, BrightBow said:

It's about Richard, actually.

On the bright side, at least Richard died. So at the very least we won't have to deal with him again for the rest of the run..

Yes, this man ain't Hubert.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:41 AM, Pengaius said:

Hehe car

Son of a-- well, how about I tell you it almost did happen? Some days back, I was coming back home from a particularly tiring day, when I dozed off behind the wheel for a second. While entering a roundabout. With another car coming my way.

Thank goodness the guy was driving slowly and was able to stop. I managed to come back to my senses and hit the brakes, but it was much too late. Had the other man not reacted in time, it would've been a direct hit on my side of the car.

There you go, now you must be much too disturbed to keep laughing at the car crash joke! I have won! I've beaten the car crash joke!

...I don't feel so good about it, actually. Biggest scare I had in a while. Oh, well. These things happen, I guess.

No, no, keep going! You can do more than that. Here are some examples: he has only one less point of strength than Krishna, just as much speed as Narcus when he's imitating Norton, only one less point of strength, way better skill than Plum, only one less HP than Rishel, one more point of magic than Lionheart, and the most important part: I wouldn't touch him with a long stick, which must mean he's great, because great units are the ones I wouldn't touch with long sticks!

On 10/10/2019 at 2:20 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Ah yes. I witnessed this a couple of days ago when it was uploaded in a thread relating to hints for a first Binding Blade playthrough. No less impressed by the fact that Wendy could've theoretically one rounded the guy than I was then.

Believe you me, I'm probably the most shocked out of everybody.

If they were, I wouldn't have to base my username off The Rodger the Paladin would I?

Hahahah, good point!

Like the fact he's literally the only boss character from Brawl not to have seen any sort of re-use anywhere in the game (disregarding a certain capsule)? Yeah. I noticed that before the theories were up (I went all out on that game and was done with most of the on release content in a week, which doesn't change the fact I still can't 9.9 Hero's classic mode despite everything). I'll admit, I think he's got a better chance than Waluigi based on that. I'll also admit I'd kind of prefer the original 12 each having an enemy (even if a shared one) in the game. I mean, Mario, Luigi and Yoshi have Bowser, Bowser Jr. and Piranha Plant (if you count bosses Giga Bowser). DK has K. Rool. Link has Ganondorf (if you count bosses Ganon), Samus has Dark Samus and Ridley. Kirby has King Dedede and Meta Knight (if you count bosses Marx, and arguably the Hands given they were bosses in Magic Mirror). Any given two Pokemon fighting makes sense, but I can't help but think of Mewtwo as the "bad guy" just because of the First Movie back in the day and it's inclusion in the Final Destination match in Melee. This leaves Ness and Captain Falcon out. But at least Falcon's kind of got Samurai Goroh as an Assist trophy.

There's also the whole deal that this year coincides with two aniversaries for the Mother series, and the year of the pig in Japan. It's honestly perfect. Then again, it'll probably be Byleth.

While on the subject of Byleth, can I just say that I love how the single character that gets absolutely no discussion (positive or negative) at all in Three Houses is my favourite character? Kinda feels like I go out of my way to be a contrarian, but-- fuck, I liked Hanneman before I even knew his name! Yet it seems nobody knows he exists.

Everyone hates Gilbert, because he's deeply depressed like Marianne but he's not a kewt proteccable gurl so he's the worst and not the best, everyone hates Leonie because she's understandably distraught by Jeralt's death, everyone hates Edelgard and they're right (fite me), but Hanneman just... kinda dropped off the face of the earth. Noone hates him, noone loves him. The only way to get anyone to talk about him is by association if you mention Manuela or crests. It's got me tempted to throw a "Hanneman appreciation thread" in the middle of all the drawings of the lords and Bernadetta in the subreddit, honestly.

This is also a perfect time to mention, I was thinking of doing a version of "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch", but changing all the references to unpleasant things into references to Mother series enemies to make "You're a mean one, Porky Minch". I was just thinking of it today, and never thought I'd get an excuse to mention it in thread. Mind it's going to take more work than usual. Rhyming some of those enemies isn't going to be the easiest thing I've done.

Well, there's plenty of stuff to choose from. The Mother series, Mother 3 especially, have a lot of messed up stuff hiding behind the cheerful exterior.

Other thing is, I'll agree on the swordies. I would've liked to see someone like Hector or Ephraim... a lord that uses a different weapon. Mostly for the excuse to see the Hector-copter meme become an actual up-special. Catch is, every time new characters are added from the series it tends to be from the latest game. Unless you're Chrom or returning after an absence like Roy.

Roy I'm fine with, because he was a returning veteran and he had a different enough playstyle from Marth's, due to his tipper being the opposite to Marth's. Ike's all right, too. Lucina's not deserving of her spot, she's just Marth except without the gimmick that makes him special. Chrom is the exact same thing. Robin is very unique, they can stay. Corrin... is kind of a mess, visually, and they're yet another 3DS representative. Those games don't need any more.

That's 4 out of 7 Fire Emblem representatives. A solid number, I'd say.

Given my entrance last time was literally asking if Bizarro Sacae was Moonside in disguise... this could work. Though, I'm going to try and get in earlier next time.

Hmmm... I can't say I remember that one. Was that your entrance to FE6?

Mind, it's medical. See, the crop is a bit in a chicken's digestive tract before the stomach where food rests and gets ground up with pebbles the chicken swallows while out pecking the ground. In some cases it may need support because of a medical condition, and that's where those things come in. Not that I've ever needed one... but I read about it when trying to solve my rooster's health issues before he passed.

You're a bottomless pit of knowledge, I swear. And yet here I am, trying to feel proud about myself by training the worst units in Thracia 776.

Ironically, so far about the best I could come up with. That said, even then I have the notion one would be at a distinct disadvantage.

Please don't try it. Promise me you won't try it.

It's a funny thing. I've read a theory that Narcus was intended to be Xane based on Kaga apparently stating that Xane would be in the game at an earlier point in development and their similar ability/personality. In a way Eugen's helping you get back at Gotoh by enslaving his old buddy if that's correct. Would certainly explain the absence in Awakening.

Hah! I knew I liked Eugen for a reason! Well, multiple reasons. You can add this one to the pile!

Reveal hidden contents

Tatus isn't descended from Humans. Remember the story about the frog prince? Where the witch turned a prince into a frog? Well, as each action has an equal and opposite reaction, Tatus turned from a mere amphibian into a human all people remembered as being royal. We know how his story ends, because we know how that story ends.

Stupendous. I am in complete agreement.

Well, that was kind of the intention. If I'm going to run out of songs/chapters I thought I'd go out on a high note. Take a break from the characters and make one dedicated to the LPs (and readers) instead.

Now's when your last song is Zach's Lament and you go out on a whimper instead. Hah! That'd be so fitting.

Poor guy can't catch a break.

Well, does he deserve one? After the whole Lentzenheimer fiasco?

Speaking of Maruj, I was reading some of my old British comics, and was reminded of a minor character from three episodes of the Ro-Busters strip named "Bomber Harrison". I'll have to get images later, but the guy was a soldier who was sent mad by a gas attack and believed himself to be a plane. I immediately thought of a certain mage. Here's a summary of his debut to prove I'm not making that up. https://dreddalert.blogspot.com/2013/11/ro-busters-hammer-steins-war-memoirs_6.html
Bomber Marujson.

Unironically how I remember Tom.

Pffft. That happened so long ago... but I can understand it'd make such an impression. It was an epic moment.

I thought you did another joke reference to Ezekiel back when doing the Leteena stuff with Kreiss?

Oh, yeah. I mean, not even a joke, Ezekiel is Letena's brother, after all.

If he breaks all the caps, why is his HP so low?

He's so badass, he only needs one point of health for each year of his life.

Truly the great tragedy of this game. If Tita's father hadn't abused her by forcing that transformation, every bit of suffering in this game would have been averted. The biggest villain of this story was dead before the game even began. Which is saying something because Lentzenheimmer, slaver, Porky between games and "Definitely not Waluigi" weren't slouches in their department. But could any of them have done more harm in a single action?

"Porky between games" is my new favourite way to refer to Codha. Well, after His Chancellorness.

And no, I doubt any of them could've done much if Guenchaos hadn't engulfed the realm in chaos. Lentzie and Pavlov were only able to get anywhere by paying off Gerxel. Carnell was the same, only he received aid from the Empire rather than the Cult. Codha was only able to usurp the throne because Raphael and all the good nobles of Wellt (except for Marlon) supposedly died in the war against the Empire. Slaver... maybe he could've done some business even in times of peace, but I doubt he would've remained undetected for quite as long if law enforcers weren't busy elsewhere.

Special death/combat animation with her chained to the statue(?) and everything. This guy means business. (que edit of "Pokey means business)

He always has, hasn't he? All the way back since he murdered Eisenbach in cold blood...

I find the idea that she's literally became a demon capable of killing Gerxel in his eyes hilarious. Some of this conversation also fits surprisingly well with Luck Fails... which I guess I'll post now. To the tune of the *extended version* Duck Tales theme of course. Why the extended? I wanted to do the Final Curtain segment of the song as "Final chapter"... among other changes to the segment. I planned that in case it was where he returned. Essentially timing meant an extra verse or two.

Reveal hidden contents

Waking up in sweat he screams.
(Historian of Wellt)
Murderprincess haunts his dreams.
(The cards fate dealt).
With each employer,
He meets the destroyer.

(because his)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)

Even as they begin the
Final chapter
The historian is out there,
Evading capture.

But every day,
His plans go astray!

(because his)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)

Princess Sasha's out to find you.
What she'll do we need not remind you.
What to do, well you're screwed if,

Your Luck Fails (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)
Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)

Not skill based fails, or planning fails.
No, their Luck Fails. (woo-ooo)

Bwahahahahahahahahah... I can only hope that the conclusion to their epic tale is of everybody's liking.

I hop she does. We need it the way he's dropping his prisoners.

There was no stopping him...

Maybe it's a really advanced magic technique? I mean if Guenchaos is using it...

Hahahah... it's the secret technique of the Four Sages. Eisenbach taught it to Maruj, but never told him what it does, because nobody ever tells Maruj anything.

I'm stuck halfway between. This was a well written Richard... but OG Richard... really does sound like he deserved it.

That's mostly my opinion. Thankfully, I first experienced this story with no knowledge of this detail, so I've mostly interiorized Aethin's Richard as the true one.

I can't decide if this is the most dramatic or anti-climatic thing that could happen to Guenchaos. Either way it's not exactly what I expected.

Right?

Well... at least the new deaths weren't avoidable. Kaga....

Not sure if... it's such a good thing.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:16 AM, Eryon said:

I must say, seeing Tia mangle Guen both only for him to plot-cheat his way out of failing/dying there is damn cheap. It's like Kaga wanted Tia to reflect one of the themes this game has (namely that the game's events are bigger than one lord's journey and that there are other heroes than Runan and Holmes) but at the same time didn't want the game's Gharnef to be killed before he succeeded in his dastardly plan. So of course he didn't lose there and his plan carries on anyway.

In all fairness, it's only because Tia didn't die that the game is beatable. The whole "Oh no you took chip damage so I can go Gerxel now" is merely an excuse to put a final boss there. It's not like she didn't accomplish anything.

On 10/12/2019 at 12:46 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Also you forgot he gets Bronze Paladin as a promotion so he doesn't lose stats when dismounted... unlike The Roger and Mintz.

Quite right. He's just the best unit in the game, is he not?

Can we all just agree that Arkis may not be the best unit, but at least his heart's in the right place? I'd rather a well-meaning goofball like Arkis over a Vega (read high-performance unit with shit-tier morality) and I'm sure you both can meet halfway on that point. Even if I know the argument's mostly about the fun of needling each other... it's still nice to know there's common ground.

Yes, all right, I can concede this much. Anybody but Vega...

On 10/17/2019 at 7:48 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Well, seeing as the update's delayed... I may as well throw out Zach's Lament as an attempt at salving the wound.

Reveal hidden contents

(That battle was rough. Wish we had a knight like Norton on the team)
(Ignored again. Just like last battle. And the one before that. And the one before that.)

There are few who realize it, that I even exist.
Like Kellam I'm ignored by everyone.

Save a king and queen from the executioner's block?
Holmes takes credit for everything I've ever done.

I've done so much to help end the war,
To ensure the enemies surrender and retreat.

But it seems my own team's ignorance,
Is the one foe I cannot now defeat.

Every damn fight it's the same neglect.
And all I want is a little respect.
And I, Zach, who saved his excellence,
Have grown so tired of my own irrelevance.

Don't waste your tears, I don't care for pity.
I am doomed to languish in obscurity.

I'm a pretty good knight.
With adequate might,
And I'll tank hits right
Til the end of my days.

To a guy in the cult,
A fight will result,
In him and his brethren being slain.

But since I'm a pre-promote,
That's all she wrote,
When it comes to my mobility.

Typical of my class,
My armor's great mass,
Isn't conductive to agility.

But who out there would ever notice me?
The knight who must fight his obscurity.
I don't care, if they only notice my faults.
I'd take that caveat if recognition results.

And when it all has come to an end...
Will I ever be spoken of again?

Something nice outta this whole situation, at least. That's... oddly depressing. Poor Zach, I feel bad for him now. Well, worry not, Zach: Your fourth scene in the entire game comes up next time!

...maybe that's why I had all those issues. The site doesn't want to let Zach resurface.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:33 PM, Dayni said:

Me when I finally get to reading all the LPs after falling behind:

kearney.gif

(This is one of my favourite gifs ever. It just so perfectly represents so many things.)

Me when I finally respond to Rubenio's:

mgs2_29_9bb.jpg

Ah, so you're back! I thought you just got sick of my stupidity by now.

First, man what you did to your own story. Are you okay?

I have no idea. I've half a mind to cut the whole fanfic shenanigans from the next LP, because I am completely incapable of keeping it as goofy and non-serious as it by all means should be.

That aside, the story that you gave to the archaneans and OCs has been pretty dang good overall (Don't bully Wrys ever again though).

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Even if I'm not as 10/10 for TRS itself (Yes, I'm the worst) even I can't deny the effectiveness of much of what happened while I was missing. Even if I don't think Carla's the super amazingest ever. (RIP Lionel too, while I'm at it.) 

I get you. I love TRS, but I can't deny that it's a pretty clunky game. For all its high points, it's got its fair share of flaws. Oh, and I don't personally think Carla's that great, myself. She's a pretty good villain, definitely better than her FE7 copycat, but she suffers from being a lesser version of her brother, who got more screentime and had more depth to him.

And yes, Aethin did nothing wrong with Richard (#AETHINDIDNOTHINGWRONG) and therefore is better than Kaga. 😛

Good to see somebody agrees with me.

So, why am I not writing out a bunch of shitpost lines and trying to give some stupid yuks and criticising things? Well, it's been 4 months. There's a story to tell.

I..... must confess I kind of forgot to keep up. Lots of things happening at home, stressing out related to trying to get work, finishing RD, it all added up.

Hey, it's okay, man. You don't have to explain yourself to me. It's not like you signed some sort of contract that you had to reply to every one of my LPs. I do this to entertain the masses (well, the masses of 10 people that read me, that is), I don't want anyone to feel obligated to do anything in return.

I mean, I missed the 3H release date (still haven't played it yet.)

Well, if you've caught up to the LP, you probably have seen my thoughts on the matter.

It's really annoying, honestly. I so want to like it, and play it again, but so many things hold me back... not the least of which is the fact that I like Claude's team the best in terms of character designs (I know it has Lawrence), but I like Dimitri and his story best, and dislike Claude, because once you look past the shallow carisma, he's extremely boring). I have no idea what route I'd pick on a second run (I didn't ever finish my Azure Moon run, after all...).

But it's mainly the difficulty. Maddening mode looks like a dumpster fire (that earlygame perfectly showcases why no Jeigans was a bad idea. C'mon, Jeralt was right there!), and hard is a cake walk. What to do, what to do...

I just want to use Hanneman again! That's it, the guy has one of my personal top designs in the series somehow. And I really like his character as well! He singlehandedly brings up my rating of the game! Oh, and everyone's always talking about people's crit lines, but "Aha! A weakpoint!" is so dorky, I can't help but love it. So yeah, what I'm saying is, I want a Hanneman route.

611101845_StillCantCommentonLP.png.f2229f83fb44bfc2f06be72d147579d0.png

Hey, that looks like fun! I'll steal from Hawkwing as well!

Kbfosulg o

So yeah, after years, I got work in August. It's been a long 10 weeks since then. It's been fulfilling despite being essentially a paid intern, but I've been staying with my brother. Who just bought a place and is staying with his fiancé. A place they're also renovating. Needless to say, it's been straining and not just because I've been sleeping on the floor the whole time. How so? Because of recent changes in the fiancé's shift I got thrown out for two nights. This one being on his birthday. Point is, lots of shit going on, stressing out, trying to find a bed that doesn't make me just stress out.

I see. Life's a bitch sometimes, isn't it?

Point is, lots been going on, hope things are going well with you.

And I hope things get calmer soon on your end.

Also, considering we finally got to the endgame, I have to say this: JEEZ, Guenchaos so thirsty he transformed himself into a dark god to be with his gf.

And that's why I love him as a villain. I guess it's also sort of Nergal's backstory, but the difference is, Nergal forgot his backstory and became a generic POWAHman. Guenchaos interiorized his thirst and it resulted in the power of love being the main cause of every tragedy in TRS.

(I hope this shitty line makes up for all the ones missed this LP because I could not manage to respond to over a dozen updates. I'm sorry. And not sorry.)

Please, don't be.

On 10/20/2019 at 2:39 AM, Hawkwing said:

2BmO6h6vgM38LKdtV_bDN5Rn3pfQ4nXL1fi3cjdBWoS7OIYFBlWvV_BvflDdVF6BqFLwNKVqBz0f5GJBx0Z0rPE793oOGpdAA8RyFulvv6WvSKaIqRphMXLucwrMgZpAfssoKxUs

I think SF hates it when I comment on replies and the Let's Play in the same post now. No joke though, I spent most of the week last week trying to write that, only for SF to delete the whole thing. That's partially the reason why I haven't been on my computer for a week now (wanting to play videogames instead of writing was the other reason).

Well, that's something good from this whole situation, at least. You had all the time in the world to do your thing.

In other news, I finally beat Fates! Did so 6 days ago, and I'm glad it's done and over with after all these months. Some general thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

Overall, I'm glad I played Fates, but I also don't regret putting the game off for so long. I was definitely challenged, I felt I grew as a player, and I got better understanding of great level and game design. Indeed, if there is something I will praise Conquest heavily for, it's that it manages to be difficult through map layout and enemy placement and abilities instead of resorting to hiding information from the player or pulling off bullcrap tricks. The vast majority of the time if something goes wrong, it was the players fault (I say "majority" because I did encounter the typical "enemies crit with single digit hit rates, high hit rates miss and low ones hit" bullcrap (more than I would have liked, to be honest) but even then, I can say that about every Fire Emblem game). I will also praise how it doesn't hold the players hand yet doesn't throw them in the deep end either. If a specific gimmick needs an explanation, the game will provide it, but the player will have to figure out how on their own what the placement of villages and chests, the map layout, and the weapons and skills on the enemies will mean when planning for the level.

At its peak, Fire Emblem Fates was the most fun I've had with a Fire Emblem game. It was also the most frustration I've had in the series. The levels kept getting harder and harder, with no room to breath, and after spending an hour or two on a single level having to observe every single enemy since this game can and will kill you if you neglect to pay attention to enemy stats, skills and weapons, I was exhausted by the end of most levels. While I can't say that any of the maps or gimmicks were badly designed, I can't always say they were fun either. I believe Fates story's infamous reputation precedes it, but it's still not good, and while I'm generally fine with a game having an okay story if the gameplay makes up for it, I can't say that having to deal with Fates dialogue before and after each battle gave any encouragement.

I will say that I felt Fates writing issues were due less to incompetent writing, and more due to biting off more than they could chew. It feels rushed, but not in the typical "holy crap we have a few months/weeks to hit the deadline try to wrap everything up!" way but rather the "Holy crap we bit off more than we could chew. Grab the first thing that works and run with it!". Considering the other gameplay factors they had to consider, and I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of worldbuilding and depth was simply because they didn't have time to focus on it.

I definitely recommend this game to Fire Emblem veterans to want a challenge. It's difficult yet fair, and I can easily see how people could utterly despise this games story, writing, and characters, and still unironically call Conquest their favorite Fire Emblem game. That said, I would also say not to go out of your way to get it. It's a great game, but not "MUST PLAY" levels good.

I see, I see.

In more news, I finally have Shadow Dragon (and Metal Gear Solid 3D)! I decided that I wouldn't have much luck hoping that the game(s) would be in a game store for a good price, so I just bought them online. Having fun with both of them so far, even if I'm still adjusting to a few of the changes between games in both series

Ah, yeah, Shadow Dragon is not quite like other games in the series. Your movement options are much more limited, for one. You can move, and take an action. Period.

YAY! Somebody used my meme! No need to apologize. We understand.

I did too!

My thoughts on the first part of the final level summarized:

Oh my God the list format is going to make it hell to reply to.

• The title of the update legitimately got me hyped

Thanks! I like it too.

• Even if I didn't have much to say about it, I enjoyed the section where you gave your thoughts on each unit and how they grew over the course of the Lets Play
    • Also, It's amazing to see Indiana Jones return.

Yeah, it's a pretty fun section. And how could I not have Indiana Jones return? He was such a major part of the LP.

• A lot of my posts regarding the story were more or less "This game manages to do a lot with a little." Seriously, Guenchaos (for some reason autocorrect thought I was saying "unchaste". Make of that what you will) became an extremely interesting antagonist in a very short amount of time.

"Unchase". Oh, for fuck's--

Yeah, this game excells at doing that. Ergh, sometimes. Other times it's Holmes.

• Took the words out of my mouth regarding Katri's speech. As dumb as she's been this Let's Play, her final speaking moments where dignified.

And then she died. Well, at least she went out on a bang.

• Even though Guenchaos's sprite has the ridiculous hugging pose that shamans have, his actions quickly made it threatening.
    • Also, I actually said "oh..." aloud when I realized that the game permanently killed off the characters.

Yeah, you see him, he looks dumb, and then he goes and murders Katri. That's when you know he means business.

• Why Holmes didn't react to Katri's death:
  •   Reveal hidden contents

04edcfbn oOf all the times to have to go to the bathroom, it had to be now. Better than going in the middle of battle, I suppose. It felt that an organ was going to explode if I waited any longer.

04edcfbn oAnyway, what'd I miss?

04edcfbn o... Did Katri faint or something? She's not moving.

It'd be a very Holmes thing to do, indeed. That gets me thinking, actually: where even are the bathrooms in this cave system? They ought to have some, this is their base. Just because they're cultists doesn't mean they can pee anywhere.

• The bad guys plot in the Fanfic is essentially making Ruben see his friends as red units and evil dude as a green unit.

More or less, yes.

• I was very, very wrong about what the keys would be used for.

What were you thinking?

• I can see why Sennet is the only one allowed to beat Guenchaos.

Not the only one, but yeah, he's great at it.

• Kishar's Wrath looks like fireworks.

In motion, it's more like lifting the unit into the air and smashing them against the ground.

Pfffff... what?

• I would consider the change with Richard to be an example of a great localization.

Agreed.

• Richard's attack on Guenchaos in a nutshell:
    • Related image

Pfffhwahahahahaha... that's so accurate, it hurts.

• I actually did look at a video for the final map. The spritework is awesome, and it's a shame that Richards sprite is only seen here. I was also spoiled gameplaywise, but storywise I still don't know what happens. Speaking of which, the "highlight the speaking sprite" method of communication works better in the LP than in motion.

Richard's sprite is actually seen elsewhere: it's the same sprite as Raphael's, only recolored, obviously. The problem is that I have barely used Raphael.

• Saying that Guenchaos's spell went into Richards brain made it much more creepy to me. Also, I don't blame you for not being satisfied with Richards death portrait.

I had no idea how to make a death portrait of that, in all fairness.

• I suppose Tita follows "you can change equipment while paused" rules?

Or maybe she changed while Richard was getting murdered. She was fumbling with her clothes while screaming "Richard, no!".

• A lot of this level is obviously scripted gameplay-wise, from from a story perspective it's hard to complain about.

Yeah, gameplay-wise it's not that incredible, but the awesomeness makes up for it, I believe.

• Next time: DRAGON FIGHT!!!

The only correct way to finish a Fire Emblem game.

Side note, I spent most of the day rereading the Let's play after finding Holmes portrait. I really need to get better at resisting distractions when commenting, although it was great seeing what happened in the past.

Well, you had time to do that. It's not like I could update, or anything.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:29 AM, eclipse said:

I STILL haven't heard a damn thing back.  I'm sorry.

Ah, don't be. You're doing enough as it is. I understand that, this being some crazy glitch that only seems to affect me, it'll take a while to be fixed. Thankfully there are only two more updates left, and if my idea works, I should be able to push them.

10 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Well, thank goodness the site gave you all the time in the world, eh?

Hah! I remember this one. It's still hilarious.

By such a hodgepodge of an army!

Spoiler
R4inoby6 o

Nruawixb o

T4ubltqs o

5wxitotr o

Di1oycek o

That's... not good, is it. The final boss theme starts playing here. I suggest you keep it handy.

I5cineno o

Kj5oidzh o

Llibn6rp oIs that... Is that the Dark God's true form?

Ih49ob2i oHe seems unable to move for now... Is there anything we can still do?

E7ffcz4a oHe is awake, but he has not yet fully regained his dark power. Before that happens, we must slay him. If we do not, the world will be consumed...

Ih49ob2i oSlay him... Is that even possible?

E7ffcz4a oWith the Varunastra, perhaps, but it only carries a quarter of Carluon's power...

6cq7xorq o

Ih49ob2i oWhat is the Black Rain?

E7ffcz4a oIt is his most fearsome power... A consuming storm that kills all it touches, be it man, beast, or plant... In ancient times, Gerxel destroyed entire civilizations with the Black Rain. There will be no escape for us.

Eclc7grx o

4lt3brpp o Even Eugen is faltering!? We must make haste! Destroy Gerxel! We cannot allow a being that would intimidate even Eugen to roam freely!

E7ffcz4a oLord Runan, you must kill Gerxel! If we delay any further, all that we have fought so long to achieve will be for naught!

39ccecwd o

Y7nw94ha o

J7mvcr6h o WHAT IS THIS... WHY CAN'T I... MOVE...? I NEED MORE POWER... YOU... GIRL... YOU SMELL OF YUTONA... YOU MUST DIE...!

0zfd96rn o Well, at the very least, it seems Tia's badassery wasn't for nothing. Her survival has ensured Gerxel is unable to just wipe all of us off of the face of the earth instantly.

Rajhvvrz o

Well. Here we have him. Gerxel, the Pretender God. I like that title way better. Dark God is generic.

V4in9w1g oOvcpn6g1 o

Aside from having not one but two protective items that basically ensure absolutely nobody but the heroes can touch him, he has this hilarious attack that will put a mean dent on them, even with the holy swords' protection.

Xbtzcwef o

As for the Black Rain, it's a very simple attack. Let the battle drag on to turn 20, and he kills everything. I'd never seen it before, but I took care to record it for the LP, and... well, I won't spoil it, but suffice to say, it's absolutely horrifying.

Xjy9ca5g o

Thankfully, we have everything we need, as Tia has joined us at last. She's a bit worse than Sennet, but she's the only one who can double Gerxel, for what it's worth. I don't think she'll do much against him, but that's fine. She's done enough already. Just like the other two Gotohs, she has growths, but they don't really matter. She can level up, but I mean, why?

Gjr0rjft o

Alfred, too, has joined us. Alfred is basically the game's way of ensuring you don't soft-lock yourself. He has Warp, which is all sorts of amazing, and is packing a door key. Even if you lost all your Thieves, keep in mind that Holmes can open doors, just not from the inside in this map. You can have Alfred warp up to Holmes and open his door, so that he may free the rest. Still, that leaves little time to move his and Sennet's arses to Gerxel. And you need all four of them to fight Gerxel. It's very important.

Thankfully, however, I am not quite so bad as to need to resort to that. Alfred is a pretty solid Gotoh, on his own right. He and Tia are a bit like Nagi and Gotoh in Shadow Dragon, only they aren't mutually exclusive and Alfred isn't scum: Tia's only good for the final boss, while Alfred can't do anything to him but can deal with any mook pretty reliably.

H5ce4qhi oRfnun3me oEjbcowun o

To refresh your memory, this is how things stand since last update. Not the most optimal situation, frankly.

Fq7g3fzi oTktgg5g9 o

First of all, Lee makes sure that we don't lose Raquel, while her yellow counterpart downs this bastard before he can cause any more damage.

Xiypomp3 o

This is Sennet, folks. Look at that.

Ndfsdafu o6s5qmscc o

Boy, now wouldn't it have been such fun to have had an entire route dedicated to this force of nature? And Silva?

Wvestwvq o9mvzhned o

Next up, Runan kills one of the Lancers.

K4uyk80f oI8ctozyd oMqqo3lkv o

Alfred jumps down here to do things with himself.

Q8n0g5y6 oUjhmqwct o

Kreiss will singlehandedly defend the south.

8ykfgopo o

Rx79mwxc oG-Guh! Aaah! E-Eeeaargh! NO! AAHHHHHHHH! NOT HER, NOT HER! SOMEBODY, PLEASE KILL ME! QUICK, BEFORE SHE REACHES ME!!

Dzlzzviv o6gmscs5m o

That's an amazing-looking background. Also, no-risk Witch killing. That always makes my day better.

41yjbpeo o

Holmes hurries toward the stairs.

Mlhell2p oFqk4pemo o

Here's a stupid idea: I'll have Tom shoot down balls so Tia can get through. She can't really stay put and just take shots from Gerxel while waiting for the others. The Bhaumastra halves his damage against her, but she'll still go down in three shots. All four of the Lords will.

Awo5ll4b o

Only this Witch is left... she's by far more dangerous than Carla, so let's prioritize her.

Udkas4qe oJzycqbms oEzkdtalj o

That's that.

32bvplgr o89g9uybs oQfc4ffwz o

Okay, she can get out of Gerxel's range next turn.

Esp720hf oVblgzrtl o

Oh, please... If Carla survives this whole ordeal, it's going to be so stupid...

O7m2t8bh o

Ah! That idiot has Black Hole! Sierra...!

0l0uzxnd o

Rx79mwxc oWho's the most powerful-looking... ah! You!

Ri5bp6h0 o...

Rx79mwxc oI beseech you, I beg you! Please, kill me! Don't let her... don't let that monster get to me!

Snsiwpph o

Rx79mwxc oAttack! D-Damn you, why won't you attack!? She's so close... she's so close...! Noaaaarrrrrrrrrghh!

7yehn6sh o7fazoajd o

Ah, finally! It only took the whole game, but somebody finally procced Terra. I really like this animation. It's the same for every unit.

Euu950bw o

The unit quickly strikes twice as if they were doubling, and finishes with a critical hit. It's quite the show. This works for anybody who's wielding a melee weapon. We've just had no luck up until now.

7rgm6wzm o

Well, we're in the clear for now.

Lvmcckxa oEqejdgya o0kp9g54v o

Gerxel is dumb and has squashed one of his own balls while trying to get to Tia.

Ybkzlg9m oDoyvjipo o

One of them tries its luck against Alfred. Nope.

Pqhugiwr oPuoyiqoi o

They've multiplied, but not enough to keep Tia from leaving.

Qrtypymx o18sywdg3 o

...oh, I can't believe this... they knew I'd try to keep the Witches at bay, so they're sending them out with bodyguards! Goddamnit, Sierra won't make it...

Rcfg7ywr o

We'll worry about that when it becomes a problem. Which it already has, so let's worry about it now. But first, Kreiss kills.

B3bi0a48 o

38ti9te7 oOh! I think I know you~! You're that bald guy, what's-your-face! I've been wanting to play with you for so long!

Rx79mwxc o...n...!

38ti9te7 oWhat? Cat got your tongue? Hahah! Let's play~!

Rx79mwxc o...mmmphh...!

Ci69cf1x oF8t78bt5 o

Let's not question the logic behind Sasha summoning Wally while deep underground.

Rx79mwxc oA-ah...

Rx79mwxc oAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!

38ti9te7 oWha...? I haven't even begun yet! Why are you screaming?

Rx79mwxc oAAAAH! AAAH! AAAHAAAH! NOAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHH! WHY!? WHAT HAVE I DONE... TO DESERVE SUCH A FATE!?! GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

T3crqplw o

Rx79mwxc oB-BWAAAAAAACK! AAA... NNGGHHH... N-NO...! I... I...!

38ti9te7 o...You're crying? Why are you crying?

Rx79mwxc oMonster... demon... fiend...! IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT, DO IT QUICKLY! A-AAAAARGHHH!

38ti9te7 o...m-monster...? Demon...?

Rx79mwxc oMOCKING ME, ARE YOU!?

11lkxrvi o

Rx79mwxc oGO ON, KILL ME! RUN ME THROUGH, SINCE YOU ENJOY DESTROYING LIVES SO MUCH! Y-YOU'RE WORSE THAN THE DARK GOD HIMSELF...!

38ti9te7 o...w... what...?

Opeu0fcl o...is... is this what... people think of me...?

Rx79mwxc oW-WHAT PEOPLE THINK-- YOU'RE AN ANIMAL, GIRL! NAY, YOU'RE WORSE THAN AN ANIMAL! YOU TAKE PLEASURE AND PRIDE IN THE ACT OF MURDER! I MAY BE WICKED, BUT AT LEAST I DO NOT... I NEVER KILLED FOR THE SAKE OF KILLING! IF THE FUTURE OF THE WORLD RESTS IN YOUR HANDS, THEN I WANT NO PART IN THAT FUTURE!

Opeu0fcl o...a-ah...

Rx79mwxc o...n-ngh...! Now I've angered her...! It's the end...! Saintly Yutona, may I bleed out before the true pain begins...!

8otdh77e oHzzjovnk o

Rx79mwxc oH-HOOOARGHH!

Fipojrr9 o

Rx79mwxc o...g-guh... you... look into my eyes... as you tear me apart... murderer... vulture... devil...! COME! BRING IT OOOOOOOOOON!!

Opeu0fcl o...

Opeu0fcl o...I can't... what have... I become? What have I done...? All I wanted to do was... grow strong... protect Lord Runan... Where did I go wrong...?

Opeu0fcl o...hah!

Rx79mwxc oHrk--

Ucitntfp o

Rx79mwxc o...m... my weapon? W-Why would you take my weapon, and not my life!? Is that not your favourite thing in the world, you nightmarish madwoman?!

Opeu0fcl oK-Kate! Is it true!? Have I truly become... a monster...!?

Dymo2jvo oI-I'm sorry, your Highness... I...

Opeu0fcl oBishop Lee!? Norton!? Leonie!?

Q7cix2tv oAh... well, I...

Irrdqn4a oI-I wouldn't put it like that, exactly, but... uh...

Ri5bp6h0 oDon't ask me! C-Can't this wait till after the battle...?

Opeu0fcl oL... Lord Runan...?

Llibn6rp o...

Opeu0fcl oSo it's true. This is me. All I wanted was to end this miserable conflict, and bring peace to the world... and find my father, I also wanted to find him... he must be so disgusted... by what I've become... everyone must be... I am... o-oh... sniff... I-I just...

Rx79mwxc oW-Well... I-I-If I may, I... maybe there's still... time? Time to redeem yourself, yes! Y-You've done so much... I'm sure your accomplices-- y-your friends! Would never have made it so far without your efforts... y-you just need to realize, this isn't something you can e-enjoy...! So long as you... repent? Regret! Regret your feelings, and resolve to... to never kill again after the war is over! Then surely... surely...! Please don't kill me...!

Opeu0fcl o...

Rx79mwxc o...She turned around... I'm alive...?! Oh, Yutona...! I... I shall never forget your kindness! I will devote the rest of my life to you and to mankind! Never again shall I let greed overcome me! This I swear, upon my very soul! This wicked soul, which has been granted an undeserved second chance!

Rx79mwxc o...nngghh... a-assuming I live... these wounds are still... g-gah...!

Opeu0fcl o...

0juwol1f o

Tom keeps himself busy.

Pt6tdycd oWreucpt3 o

So do these guys, but I'm worried about the Dracozombies...

Kdltyyzl o

Well, let's get Sierra out of killing range, at least.

Lbsjqjl0 o

Holmes is helpful. He'll be more helpful in a couple turns, though. Remember how I've been saying that Eugen's best moment is in the final chapter? Well... I don't think it's his best moment anymore, but I mantain that it's his best line. Take care you don't miss it. It's amazing.

Pbqa8nur o

Less amazing is Runan and Sennet's convo. This one's very short and just depressing.

432crbso o

Cpz3qysn oLord Runan... The Shamans, they're...

Llibn6rp oI know... But right now, we must focus on stopping Guenchaos!

Cpz3qysn oYou're right... I'll kill that bastard myself!

Iwonieuf oZpvybcbs o

Alfred, back Sierra up!

Ngu6njp5 o

He's got a black-and-white palette going on. I dig it.

4gz2ta9f o41r1rb9u o2mg5suz4 o

Also, I see where Maruj got the lil' finger from. I wonder if Alfred also played plane when he was younger.

5zls0okm o

At any rate, this guy's down, and I breathe easy.

Tmeqbvy2 o

...son of a... you've got to be kidding me.

Qkdscuxw o

You know that really powerful bow I mentioned in Zieg's update? The one I thought was treasure, but turned out to be a monster drop instead? Here it is.

4joequjv oYnyb6hqw o

It's a brave bow that can be used as a vulnerary and has all the might. And I get it like three turns before the end of the adventure. I've been getting shitty drops all game, and when I finally get something juicy, the game is over. My luck is just baffling, ain't it.

Gmk60gkb oC71vsejk o

All right, Tia's safe. Only thing left is to wait for Runan and Sennet to get there.

Ablszaly oPnnxctae o

Oooohhhh, you're such an annoying woman...!

3tvnqknc o

Such, an annoying, WOMAN!

Fk6xuh1m o

X07sv9zy o

Wajpiz5p o

Glu93bi5 o

Ewxkmj33 o

Shexycqe o

Obvvcfqi o

Qfxp1ur3 o

P3dzgvgt o

Rcsaoahn o

Oc4dvsju o

Ykcautql o

Ddv457v2 o

Fykr4cl5 o

9ohlpgde o

Rifmzamq o

4pg4al3q o

Mx2smvqz o

Iaygmu6y o

9pj5kve3 o

0fvxxy6n o

Xpemtte5 o

1npxyzhv o

Akkl1jxr o

Etoqmk4y o

Uvyvcwod o

1jfcnhan o

Sierra is barely scratched.

U8ipdl0j oJvacxtsi oPapbomfl o

The others aren't quite so godly.

Hir9cmnx o4ocrwaxz o

About half our team dodged. Considering it's a 50 hit spell on top of Carla's pathetic 13 skill, that's just embarrassing.

Glurnyeg o

At least this guy can only attack every second turn.

53nwgzlh oKzrxhy47 o

Norton, the best dodgetank.

Vntbyizn oCe9w2vn3 o

Gah! Garo! Gah roh!

Jpc3kdqg o

Bah...

Jjkkacjq o

Sennet! Can I stop screaming names already?!

Gkl9qrid o

While we wait for those slowpokes, here's Gerxel. This is my best unit against Gerxel. Stupid boss fights that can only be fought by protagonists...

Cw5ebi3o o

Well, the Witch is down, but Garo badly needs healing.

Qbnid9y0 o

Garo this does not help.

Ltqh3gsa oGat41ifl o

This happens up north.

Gh5gveve o

...oh, blistering barnacles...

3mynztxk o

No crit?

Lv6hy4sv o

No crit. Fine. Now two units need healing, and I only have on healer. Well, past Ruben? Was it worth bringing Krishna instead of Plum?

Ah, who am I kidding. Had I dared bring Plum, Carla would've zeroed in on her at turn one. That's the way these things work.

Wrqiraio o

Getting there...

Fpvpsw3d o

Opeu0fcl oSniff... a-ah... n-no... I just wanted... to end the war... I never wanted this... to become a... a... a despicable...! G-guahh...!

Rx79mwxc oY-Your Highness... where are you taking me...?

Opeu0fcl oI'm going to patch you up, as best as I can.

Rx79mwxc o...b-but why?

Opeu0fcl oYou made me see... see myself for the monster that I am. If nothing else, I will save you...

Rx79mwxc o...

Opeu0fcl oI know you only said what you said because you were panicking. It's only fair. I have become... a terrifying beast. Nobody ever had the courage to tell me the truth to my face, and I was too stupid to realize. That's why... I thank you. I'll make sure you see this battle through... even if I do not.

Rx79mwxc o...I do not deserve your mercy. I am an evil man...

Opeu0fcl oYou clearly regret your actions, whatever they were. Your eyes are marred by regret... So I'll make sure you live, and have a chance to right the wrongs you've done.

Rx79mwxc o...

Rqe9jmtm o

Garo gets his healing, but he's losing health steadily. I fear for his life...

8zfvrzm2 o

This is the game's finale, folks. Bunch of empty levels, god-tier drop right when it's useless, and nobody dodges anything.

Zademdgz oOm12sp9w o

Okay, so here's an idea. Julia will help Garo, by equiping his axe, and supporting him. It helps that she survives a blast of dragon fire. Beyond that, I'm... not sure what I'll do, honestly. Finish the chapter quickly, maybe?

Cwate9kj o9c9clnm5 o

Norton and Kreiss are neutralizing the whole southeastern part of the map. Good for them.

Kg4kwpv4 o

Two more turns, and everything will be in place. Now, Carla, if you could be a sweetheart, and jump on Shigen's sword...

T9ll7exd oJksp9wfb o

You piece of garbage...

7j6rrmte o

Oooooohhhh, sweet mercy...

T6jffpk9 o

Of course. How funny would it have been if she got a low percent crit on Sasha, of all people? Right before the game's end? Urgh...

Opeu0fcl o...stay behind me. I will shield you.

Rx79mwxc oWhat?! But that is Carla, Guenchaos's right hand! She'll kill you! There's no need for this, we can just fly away...!

Opeu0fcl o...I do not deserve to live...

Rx79mwxc oNo, you're wrong! If a treacherous, greedy rat such as myself has been granted a second chance, who's to say you can't have one, too?!

Opeu0fcl o...I've disappointed everyone... didn't you see them... they were all... so afraid to admit it...

Rx79mwxc oNo, Your Highness. Back there, I saw no fright in their eyes-- only worry. They were, first and foremost, worried about you, because they all care about you, despite everything! How can you do this to them!?

Opeu0fcl o...what... are you saying?

Rx79mwxc oI'm saying that, panic be damned, I meant what I said earlier! You still have still a chance... don't throw it away, Princess Sasha! If you die, your father, your mother, your knight, your friends... their grief will only grow harsher! The only way they - and you - can truly leave this whole ordeal behind, is if you make sure to undo your mistakes, and go back to being the old Sasha, beloved by all the people of Wellt! So please...!

Opeu0fcl o...y... you're right... I can't do that to Kate... not after what she's been through...

Wlfhber9 o

Vcrkhypz o...Yes. I will live, for Kate!

Rx79mwxc oOh, thank goodness...

Vcrkhypz oHold tight, friend. I won't let anybody do either of us any harm.

Rx79mwxc o...now all we can do is pray that your friends are able to strike down the dark god... after all I've seen today, somehow, it does not strike me as such an impossible feat...

Pballyy6 oOgoqnwox o

Alfred's taking these shots like a champ, but he won't last forever.

Tafvthjx o

Same goes for Garo, who can't seem to stop getting hit!

Xeqqzega oF5uart7m o

Norton could probably survive up to the black rain. Not the black rain itself, though. As much as I'd like to joke about that... well, it's no laughing matter.

Dpxr6k9y oPcqz1lcf o

Speaking of things that aren't laughing matters. The balls are doing their best to invade the whole altar, so I can't set up the final fight properly.

...wait, where's the southern Witch?

Tafvthjx o

Oh-- Pfffffwhahahahahahahahahah! Ahahahah! That brainless Dracozombie blocked the Witch spawn! That's hilarious. And the other one didn't even move, so both reinforcements are blocked right now... hmmm...

Oh, and I just realized - the other asshole didn't even go after Tom. Ah... life's kinda nice sometimes. And hilarious. It's also hilarious sometimes.

Qapyold5 o

Speaking of hilarious-- Oh, you...

Acqycz82 o

As I was saying, speaking of hilarious things...

Fxtyua6r o

Cudpaj5c o

9jzyqmay o

353cnudh o

F4aswdy8 o ...what if I told you that this is not, in fact, the line I've been hyping up for so long?

G9bd2hw0 o

F4aswdy8 o Oh boy. Here it comes.

Laofotcs o

F4aswdy8 o ...

Laofotcs o

F4aswdy8 o ...okay, just one more time, please.

Laofotcs o

F4aswdy8 o I think this might be the best line in all of fiction.

Uax3ktm5 o

Good grief, Eugen. Both Holmes and your own liege have lost the love of their lives today, and the best you can come up with is that. And the conversation just ends on that, too. Holmes can't even come up with a witty retort for that. I can just imagine him staring at Eugen, eyes wide-open, thinking "is this what it feels to talk to me?! Am I this insensible!?".

Goodness fucking gracious, Eugen. You beat him at his own game. You out-blunted him.

I love this game.

Docpgtvk o

I just love this game.

Y0rjpxyr oTbairs4i o

You know, I might actually run out of Sylph uses before the map's over. That would be downright shameful.

6w9dusze o0ysfsyrj o

Here's a crazy idea: There's a lancer near the upper left corner of the altar that doesn't move unless you send someone in his range. Based on this, I believe that there's a tiny chance that these guys won't move either. If I am right, the southern reinforcements have been neutralized, just like that.

Rnprmart oDvlmjyam o

Sorcerers with Kishar's Wrath have begun appearing on Norton and Kreiss's end. That is not acceptable.

Dv6se4eo oNufpq3pt o

Die.

8g8k31qj o

C'mon. Don't move, you decaying pieces of flying flesh... block those Witches...!

Y5jvepk5 o

...GAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Fib7l6az o

CARLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! YOU SPEND THE WHOLE MAP CARELESSLY WARPING AROUND LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN, AND YOU DECIDE TO GO THERE?! NOW!? OF ALL TIMES! YOU COULD'VE GONE AFTER HIM WHEN HE WAS AT FULL HEALTH, BUT NOOOOOOOO WHY WOULD YOU LET ME GO WITHOUT MAKING A FOOL OF MYSELF ONE LAST TIME BEFORE THE LP'S END!?

Gkte74az o

OF COURSE, and he gets hit too.

Ozsi56ni o

That was so unfair, and not at the same time... So avoidable... baaaaaahhh!

Pnjod8g8 oQd3k6owa o

Good night, man. You were good, son, real good. Maybe even the best. Meet your best friend in the afterlife.

I just realized, I've kinda ruined Plum's life. Her brother's dead, her brother's friend is dead, she was drugged and forced to become an escort and belly dancer, and then Holmes made her continue doing the latter for the team. But at least she found her dad, and Lee's there to take care of her too. It's not like she's lost absolutely everybody.

Yeah... I'm bad, but not so bad that I'd murder absolutely every loved one in someone's life, right? I haven't completely ruined anybody's life yet, right?

Jz27pq4g oJfyhojaq oCtl38kog oJ2nmaleg oDymo2jvo o

...hoo, boy...

79yzizrl oAlckpmk9 oQlvevprv o

At least Rock Solid cannot be stopped.

8bmg9s7h o

Oh, hey! Would you look at that! Something actually worked for once. The southern reinforcements could not appear because those Dracozombies are lazy.

38u5ayhj oWequkayd oOml6ekn4 o

If you're wondering why I'm having the lords kill balls, it's because there's no room to maneuver with them alive.

E44esdbh o

You need healing. That's a cutesy pose you got going on. Doesn't fit you at all, I must say.

Cpoztisy oHm9oai7k o

Okay, Witches tend to favor attacking over warping away, so perhaps we can avenge Tom.

Qypmdbpk o

Hmmmm... I think there might be a way to save up some Sylph uses.

Keqcjnjc oBs91wvkg oZ7ap0ngg o

Hah! I knew it was a good idea to nab some swarm spells. She can one-round the Witches, and the dragons can't appear, so their only worry now is the Black Hole arsehole.

X634l8gc o

That's a level. Might very well be the last one of the LP, so make it pleasant on the eyes, Kreiss.

Uwi2g1xn o

You've earned that use of the Dakruon I'm going to use on your girlfriend.

2kxknhsa o

I'm just... sorry about Lionel.

Cqz77wn6 o

Garbage, piece of filth! How dare you!?

Xsbarl0k o

Oh, all right. Yeah, you do that just one more turn...

Hrlujiti o

At any rate, we can get her conversation with Shigen now.

Hy5oiufl oR52r0dmn o

Hlcfgyha oI see my reputation precedes me. And what would a cute little boy like yourself want with me?

Gmhhyxnn oAll I want, witch, is to send you to hell with my own hands.

Hlcfgyha oDo your worst, boy. My job's done here, anyway. It's too late to stop the second coming of our lord Gerxel now.

9bzulxnx o

You wish. The power of love may redeem itself yet.

Axqcv3vh o

It ain't your turn yet. Although... I think I like you best when you're standing on that spot. Sierra can reach you now...

Qmqd4fqf o

C'mon, guys. You can dodge that!

Jdhus8u5 oAbqzfwwv oB8g1mh5t o

None of them dodged. None of them. Why must you be a constant disappointment, Holmes?

Pzz8ef9o o

In position, folks!

Erxqi2zp oFdxrnk9j o

You can tell surrounding Gerxel with the Lords is important because this happens.

Ltneq5bd oJhndqnat o

Well, that's all the reinforcements taken care of. That guy's continued survival pisses me off, though.

Ugvkkjni oEmh4zail o

Now, if only Carla would behave...!

Xdtlfzlk o

You know, somehow, I feel like she's just mocking me. Because I'm pretty sure that's just outside Shigen's range...

4wlgd2nt o

Oh and Alfred can die. Just a detail.

Teyf7egg oWabi2fjz oRzgsp9ns o

Gerxel attacks and nearly kills Sennet. Thankfully, all the balls that could reach him perished in the attack as well. There'd be no end to my embarrassment, if we had to reset because a friggin' ball got a cheap shot on the Lord with 20 defense.

Upmhnwhi o47stdzow oVdgo5r46 o

Norton continues to fend off an army. He could do it by himself. With Kreiss, they're a virtually unstoppable duo.

Rh7koxdb o

Yes, that is what I thought. Sigh...

Dk9draqg oFibmuhox oIazyyew8 o

Well, their time is up. Alfred and Sierra can't stay there. That asshole can black hole them, and Carla can cause an earthquake. Not a combination I want Alfred to face.

Ehq2ccwv o

Since this just so happens to be earthquake turn, let's try fighting Carla with her own tricks. Hah!

Rx79mwxc o...! A-An earthquake...!? Why are there earthquakes everywhere I go!?!?

Vcrkhypz oWally will keep us safe. Don't let go of me.

Rx79mwxc o...my worst nightmare is saving my life, after I begged her not to throw hers away... the dark god has returned... earthquakes, meteors, maidens of wind...! Madness... this is all such madness...! Please, when will this end!?

Ygbzabwu oSsrh2mup oBsdrywds o

Funnily enough, it hit both Carla and Gerxel. Sadly, it only dealt negligible damage to Carla, and none at all to Gerxel.

Zx2w9j34 oSorwmnms o

Sennet dying would be too lame. Let's make sure he won't. At this point, I'm just desperately trying to buy myself a chance to get Lee to use his save staff, so I can showcase the bad ending.

Defczikc o1zpixj7o o

Holmes is the only one at full health. Might as well use that to my advantage and start working on Gerxel.

Vakszusa o

You know what the chance of you botching that up was, Holmes? Are the tears impeding you from seeing right? Well, you heard Eugen, didn't you? Focus! Focus, dammit! As much as I hate to admit it, I need you, Holmes! The world needs you!

Mtbnmwfo oNssji4z9 o

Why is it that you find ways to annoy me even when it seems impossible to do so?

D4fkor4c o

Oh, and of course, Gerxel has Renewal. And unlike Veld, he can't go down in a single blow, so he can actually use it. Maybe. Gerxel honestly isn't a very hard boss. He beats Idun, Veld, the generic dragon from FE7 and Fomortiis, but that really isn't saying much.

...beating a quarter of the series's final bosses "isn't saying much". That says a lot about the quality of our beloved franchise's final contests, doesn't it?

Jrnz32sv oCdkotacl o

Due to the earthquake, Gerxel's healers get busy.

Glskgeng o

CARLA, NO! THAT WAS MY LAST CHANCE TO KILL YOU...!

E0jcmzpz o

Rx79mwxc oG-Guh! Another one!

Vcrkhypz oDon't let go!

Rx79mwxc oI-I'm trying!

Bknxqdut oOandoqeg o

Jesus, Sierra! That's too close... I think it's high time we ended this.

Hletoglc oYjxxbtsc o

...oh, yeah. I'm definitely ending this right now.

Ya4wbzzr o

But first... whoa, 50 hours? Really? It never feels that long. Though, I do suppose throttle cuts down on the time a lot, and I use it very frequently in this game.

Yxmbduxr o

So. I can kill Gerxel right now. However... let's instead gaze into an alternative universe, where everybody listens to Holmes becomes incapable imbeciles and just flee for their lives. The time limit is turn 20. Quite generous, but they had to account for players who lost Renee, Sierra, and all the Thieves. 20 turns is probably just about enough to have Holmes free Sennet and then double back to the altar.

Qnresqdo o3yfzevim o

I was hoping to catch Carla, but nope. She does not let up, even in the non-canon timeline. Don't worry, though, I will show off her death convo with Shigen at the end of the update. I went back to Lee's save after beating the chapter and tried again. I failed, so I went back once more, and only then did I finally manage to get the screenshots I required.

Gr5jkt5r o

The dark rain couldn't quite claim the lives of my entire team. I suffered a few casualties along the way. Interesting that Norton of all people died first, but that's what happens when you stop killing the powerful Sorcerers with spells that take half of his health bar. In any case, we'll get to see more than a couple death quotes before this is all said and done.

Needless to say, of course, none of these are going on the death count.

Bt000vg5 oWonl0piy oGcacrygt o

You get your first warning at turn 15.

Oqgm4bz4 o

Oh my God that has to be the saddest death quote I've seen in a long time, considering what her story is like. She has to be depressing to the bitter end, doesn't she...? And this will retroactively become even worse when we see her portion of the ending update.

3gowiezr oUvblr1j1 o

Turn 18.

K0hujgxe o

It took them that long to kill Leonie. And they only managed to do it because my luck sucks even in alternative timelines. Also, her death portrait blows, but I had to do like fifteen that day, so please forgive me if the quality isn't the best.

75g91zab oO4xwucxr o

Shigen died to Carla. See what I said about my luck? Thankfully, he didn't ruin my attempt to showcase the Black Rain one turn before it happened. The comedic timing would've been perfect, but no. I would've rewinded if he did die, anyway. I suppose I'll add this to the Dullahan counter, though. Just so we can get it to move, just once more.

M9icxvqt o

Sierra also died. I can't remember to what. An earthquake, I think.

Rcjbjcbx o

J7mvcr6h oPATHETIC INSECTS... BEAR WITNESS TO TRUE POWER! COME FORTH, MY RAIN OF DARKNESS! CONSIGN ALL TO OBLIVION! RUUUAAAAGGGHH!

0fre87wt o

Now's when a lesser game would've just faded to black and kicked us out to the game over screen.

Ehrzzsxk o

Oh, but no, that isn't how Kaga rolls. Kaga wants you to suffer for letting this happen.

Ff4vxkc2 o

We are going to watch everything die. And I mean, everything. The Black Rain's description did not lie: friend or foe, doesn't matter, every single unit on the map will perish. One by one. Slowly, and painfully. Starting with Carla, who has won.

Dye0e9ls o

Yixgtm70 o

E5azdwx5 o

Gc9ojvme oI'm pretty sure that's a typo. Write it down, Aethin.

7ucdhyf6 o

Uvn26igt o

Dqrx3wbj o

Abcligbe o

Bk9onebf o

Bsfnlrzd o

Kjwubrd8 o

Afhyozqi o

Drhwqfca o

Rstfpinz o

The avid reader might've noticed that Tia survived all of her peers. No, that does not mean there's hope for humanity.

Auglmf3h o

6di550ge o

0mtqoaa8 o
She uses her standard portrait here, but I felt like doing a bit of my editing magic on an unused portrait to make you guys feel even worse.

Lnr5srrc o

Holy shit. I knew everyone would die, but I thought they'd just go out in a cutscene... to kill everybody in such a cruel manner, slowly, taking such horrifying delight in their demises... and the final gut punch with Tia... that was... that was...

...Amazing! I loved that! So heartless, so brutal, so merciless! That's a bad ending with a capital B! Leave it to Kaga to have the balls to pull something like this. Hats off. That man is the best when it comes to making the player suffer in every imaginable way.

Sxquamf7 o

Unfortunately for Gerxel, that is not quite what happened, according to the history books. I mean, the mere fact that there are history books is proof enough that this wasn't the true ending, right? Even if a part of me likes this one better, simply because of how unbelievably ballsy it is.

Not that the good ending is any less awesome, mind. Kaga didn't blow all of his budget on the bad ending - he blew it on the endings, plural.

Ta2xvp8a o

Holmes, I swear to all that is holy and unholy, if you fail this, I won't rest until I invent a way to virtualize people into videogames, just so I can go and kick you in the nuts personally.

Ugwmwyam oZu8rikel oDs8uawgy o

Whoa, good job! Way to make up for last time!

Kjs4hmqc oGmvbgyqz oIrcnte3k o

You, too. I don't get why their crit is so high, honestly. I mean, Holmes's crit was at almost 70% without Wrath earlier! Still, won't complain. No crits would make Gerxel a hell of a lot more challenging, but then I wouldn't be able to make it.

Ftpjgye2 o

I only need a bit of damage. Tia doubles and kills on the second hit, but of course, she won't make it so far. Therefore...

Bake915l oZ64gxuiy o

Smiley boy will do the foul deed.

Yn64cbau oYl4pgfcm o3zzcl0gb o

Game's over, folks.

Axzoxbh8 o

Well, not quite. First, we must get the real last level of the LP. It's the point of defense that he should've gotten ages ago, but that's all right. He just killed God, I'll spare him my nagging.

Y2zrthvi o

Wait, he's still standing?

Fbbwnvmi o

Actually, I'm fairly certain the only one of the four heroes that has Carluon's blood in her veins is Tia, and she did nothing.

Well, that's not fair to her, to be frank. She did hand Guenchaos his own ass on a silver platter. Without her intervention, we wouldn't even have had a shot at Gerxel, so yeah. Thanks, Tia!

J7mvcr6h oNO... THIS TIME, IT'S DIFFERENT... THIS IS ONLY A FRACTION OF THE POWER HE HELD... IT WON'T BE ENOUGH! YOU CANNOT HOPE TO STRIKE ME DOWN WITH SUCH DILUTED BLOOD...!

Fcc9h3za oOsqmvlce o

Oh, for fuck's sake... fun fact: if you didn't surround him with the heroes, the battle continues. Of course, I did place them all correctly, so...

O0czkrtl oUtzwkeb1 o

You know, one detail I really like is how Gerxel appears to have the minds of both Guenchaos and Kalbazan inside him. Like, here he's speaking of "God" and how he's been "blessed", and in the bad ending he calls Tia by her name. This only makes sense if you assume it's Guenchaos, having retained his consciousness through the transformation. However, he was rambling about Carluon's power earlier, and he didn't seem to recognize Tia when he noticed her right after being resurrected, merely saying that she "smelled of Yutona", which only makes sense if you assume that it's the guy who's been slumbering for centuries speaking.

It's a really neat detail. One with a non-insignificant chance of being just unintentional inconsistency, but I still enjoy it. Happy little accidents, and all that.

Gvall6i5 o

Anyway, we're going to die.

Mu60mstc o

9ejejatw o

0zfd96rn o Actually, you didn't do anything, Tia. Maybe that's why we failed... Dammit, Holmes! Did you really have to overdo it like that!? You killed the world!

Lhwlk8ka o

Urdrtwqk o

Xtut1ucz o

Qo3fi7vv o

Adlhbecj oA7zcfxvb o

Mhkkogts o

Okay, so Runan attacks-- Wait, isn't that Holmes's sprite?

Oqrstdel o

....Oh my God, Kaga did pair up first.

Oqrstdel o

Gerxel tries this twice. The swords defend the heroes both times. I would like to reiterate my suggestion that, once you're done with the update, you find a video of the final chapter and watch this in motion. It's absolutely amazing. I tried my best to do it justice, with gifs and all, but... yeah, this deserves to be seen in all its glory. I can tell you, I had trouble finding my jaw the first time I witnessed this game's finale. This scripted battle is absolutely incredible. I present it to you: Gerxel's demise!

Igxeuaq0 o

4hguidr8 o

O1mzf0bn o

Ehhevgwt o

I don't care how fugly the UI is, this game is fuckin' beautiful.

Jqhgdebr o

You know, I'd just like to point out that Carla is still alive. Bad timing, I know, but... I'm still bitter.

S0ai5wzx o

Jcncqjbo o

Ajrhlqsj o

Oh, there's the light again...

Kk2h6ngv o

Lihukmhk o

Eerrgh... I'm... I'm not seeing things, am I...?

To be concluded.

Death count: Attrom
                        Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna
                        Indiana Jones
                        Lee

The Roger The Paladin
                        Lionel
                        Letena
                        Lee

Zieg
                        Katri
                        Neyfa
                        Enteh
                        Richard
                        Ruben
                        Tom

*Non-canon
*Resurrected

Reset count: 3 (Runan: 1 - Katri: 1 - Holmes: 1)

Dishonorable reset count: 1

Dullahan's done with my incompetence: 8

BONUS: I had to reload Lee's save twice, but eventually, I managed to get Carla to warp within Shigen's reach.

Hgrtbznf oYoqwat8k o

I had underestimated her, actually. Shigen required assistance from Alfred and Sierra to bring her down.

Bdgo2wah oQim2epsf oN9lo6qsd o

There we go. Now for the conversation. It's no Zieg and Kate, but it's amazing on its own right.

Twt2czz5 o

Yslwtjhw o

Yqwwxag8 o

Tncyeveg o

T7prf8ac o

Fapf6qgn o

Hdfdrcly o

Gkpc3nzy o

Xju4nelh o

Xie0zwjf o

Fcuuxv6r o

Vq3ul87q o

You know what I really love about this? Shigen's birth name. Remember, way back, how Shigen said that his very Zoan name got him in trouble more than a couple of times? Carla and Shigen Sr. obviously knew what it was to be Zoans and have Zoan names, so what did they do? Give him the most ordinary name they could find, so that he could blend in with the Reevans easier. Then Yoda came around, and completely ruined this by giving him the same name his father had to endure. They came full circle.

I love these details. It's like the origin of Zieg's scars: something you wouldn't expect them to bring back, but they do, in the most epic way possible.

Anyhow, that's it. Next time, a really, really long update, but it's the last one, so you guys can take your time with it. This game handles the ending in a very unique way, and I honestly like it way more than FE's usual ending blurbs, so please, try not to miss it. Fare thee well!

Me: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE SITE WON'T LET ME UPDATE THE LP IS CANCELLED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The site: dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

I have no idea why it worked this time and not all the other times, but that's all right by me. Looks like we're still in the game.

EDIT: And I just realized I triple-posted. I was just so happy it worked...

EDIT 2: And there's two part 76s now. Who the fuck cares; the fact that there are two part 76s is great news. Fuck, yes, finally! All that bad mood for nothing!

EDIT 3: Oh, and I'm sorry for the harsh words in my first post. I was raging pretty badly.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I'm fairly certain the only one of the four heroes that has Carluon's blood in her veins is Tia, and she did nothing.

Shouldn't Sennet also be a descendant of Carluon? Canaan WAS the name of his youngest daughter. If you're going by ethnicity, then Canaanites were originally Zoan, but Ledans and Welltese are supposedly a mix of Reevans, Salians and Zoans. Granada is pretty much independent so yeah, no chance Holmes is anywhere near 0% legendary hero, and there is no evidence the dukes of Reeve were related to the royals in any way. So yeah, apparently (for once) being of a legendary bloodline means you're a Gotoh here.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

While on the subject of Byleth, can I just say that I love how the single character that gets absolutely no discussion (positive or negative) at all in Three Houses is my favourite character? Kinda feels like I go out of my way to be a contrarian, but-- fuck, I liked Hanneman before I even knew his name! Yet it seems nobody knows he exists.

Everyone hates Gilbert, because he's deeply depressed like Marianne but he's not a kewt proteccable gurl so he's the worst and not the best, everyone hates Leonie because she's understandably distraught by Jeralt's death, everyone hates Edelgard and they're right (fite me), but Hanneman just... kinda dropped off the face of the earth. Noone hates him, noone loves him. The only way to get anyone to talk about him is by association if you mention Manuela or crests. It's got me tempted to throw a "Hanneman appreciation thread" in the middle of all the drawings of the lords and Bernadetta in the subreddit, honestly.

Sad. Only character I overly dislike is Edelgard. At least playable. But my favourite is still the ever ridiculous Acheron. Because, he's essentially just an idiot. Hanneman is definitely a good character... not so much as a unit. Meteor gives him a niche but that speed is atrocious.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm... I can't say I remember that one. Was that your entrance to FE6?

Yep. Funny how late I appeared in retrospect. But then I read everything up to that point (including the prior LP) before starting to comment... so it took a while to catch up.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bomber Marujson.

qafh9JM.jpg

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Something nice outta this whole situation, at least. That's... oddly depressing. Poor Zach, I feel bad for him now. Well, worry not, Zach: Your fourth scene in the entire game comes up next time!

Well, after all, the original song was about a depression stemming from the monotony of doing the same old thing year after year, and the wish for something unknown. I figured Zach's own regret would stem from his irrelevance to the plot.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...maybe that's why I had all those issues. The site doesn't want to let Zach resurface.

When even the site conspires to hide you from view...

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rx79mwxc oWho's the most powerful-looking... ah! You!

Ri5bp6h0 o...

Rx79mwxc oI beseech you, I beg you! Please, kill me! Don't let her... don't let that monster get to me!

Snsiwpph o

Rx79mwxc oAttack! D-Damn you, why won't you attack!? She's so close... she's so close...! Noaaaarrrrrrrrrghh!

Attempted suicide by Leonie? He's really desperate to get away at this stage.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rx79mwxc oGO ON, KILL ME! RUN ME THROUGH, SINCE YOU ENJOY DESTROYING LIVES SO MUCH! Y-YOU'RE WORSE THAN THE DARK GOD HIMSELF...!

38ti9te7 o...w... what...?

Opeu0fcl o...is... is this what... people think of me...?

Rx79mwxc oW-WHAT PEOPLE THINK-- YOU'RE AN ANIMAL, GIRL! NAY, YOU'RE WORSE THAN AN ANIMAL! YOU TAKE PLEASURE AND PRIDE IN THE ACT OF MURDER! I MAY BE WICKED, BUT AT LEAST I DO NOT... I NEVER KILLED FOR THE SAKE OF KILLING! IF THE FUTURE OF THE WORLD RESTS IN YOUR HANDS, THEN I WANT NO PART IN THAT FUTURE!

Opeu0fcl o...a-ah...

Rx79mwxc o...n-ngh...! Now I've angered her...! It's the end...! Saintly Yutona, may I bleed out before the true pain begins...!

Well... this was certainly different. Go figure, being a monster was just a phase. She was still the same underneath it all.

Opeu0fcl oSo it's true. This is me. All I wanted was to end this miserable conflict, and bring peace to the world... and find my father, I also wanted to find him... he must be so disgusted... by what I've become... everyone must be... I am... o-oh... sniff... I-I just...

Rx79mwxc oW-Well... I-I-If I may, I... maybe there's still... time? Time to redeem yourself, yes! Y-You've done so much... I'm sure your accomplices-- y-your friends! Would never have made it so far without your efforts... y-you just need to realize, this isn't something you can e-enjoy...! So long as you... repent? Regret! Regret your feelings, and resolve to... to never kill again after the war is over! Then surely... surely...! Please don't kill me...!

Opeu0fcl o...

Rx79mwxc o...She turned around... I'm alive...?! Oh, Yutona...! I... I shall never forget your kindness! I will devote the rest of my life to you and to mankind! Never again shall I let greed overcome me! This I swear, upon my very soul! This wicked soul, which has been granted an undeserved second chance!

Rx79mwxc o...nngghh... a-assuming I live... these wounds are still... g-gah...!

Seriously, it's kind of heart-warming that two characters that both went down a questionable path in this run could be the source of each other's salvation. Think on that for a moment.

Pnjod8g8 oQd3k6owa o

Good night, man. You were good, son, real good. Maybe even the best. Meet your best friend in the afterlife.

I just realized, I've kinda ruined Plum's life. Her brother's dead, her brother's friend is dead, she was drugged and forced to become an escort and belly dancer, and then Holmes made her continue doing the latter for the team. But at least she found her dad, and Lee's there to take care of her too. It's not like she's lost absolutely everybody.

Yeah... I'm bad, but not so bad that I'd murder absolutely every loved one in someone's life, right? I haven't completely ruined anybody's life yet, right?

How is it at different points I get to see my three favourite units in this LP die?

Igxeuaq0 o

4hguidr8 o

O1mzf0bn o

Ehhevgwt o

I don't care how fugly the UI is, this game is fuckin' beautiful.

Kaga really ended that battle on a high note.

Jqhgdebr o

You know, I'd just like to point out that Carla is still alive. Bad timing, I know, but... I'm still bitter.

So am I. She killed Tom. Well, can we at least pretend the bonus death sequence was canon?

You know, I always hate it when things just randomly work for no discernible reason.
Well, at least this one is out. Having to quit a massive project like this so close before the finish line would no doubt be even more frustrating.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't know this, actually. Probably because I never brought a tank to this map before, and in this run I (obviously) didn't get Tom to move close enough in time. That's pretty interesting.

You don't need a tank for that. There are spells like Meteor with the same range.
And more importantly, as massive as the altar is from the south, the northern edge is actually really close. When Gwenchaos stands in front of one of the shamans, you can snipe him with a simple Longbow from the north. That would require the Warp staff, of course. Maybe you got the Evil Worm or Tomaharn spell lying around? They got 1-3 range.

Anyway, I did try out area of effect attacks by now thanks to the power of cheat codes. And most of them got 1-3 range too, so I could just attack from the north. The attack occurs but Gwenchaos automatically dodges, even when he should face 100% hit. Or at least that's how the game displays this in map animations. In any case, it seems impossible to damage him in normal gameplay, as far as I can tell.

Qbnid9y0 o

Garo this does not help.

Well, what else to you expect him to grow? The only stats he hasn't capped are Luck and Defense. Technically Magic too, but Garo got a 0% magic growth. So that's not gonna happen.

Pnjod8g8 o

You did well, Thomas the Tank Engine. Not your fault they didn't implement the ability to turn the ballista back into a tank.

Rh7koxdb o

Yes, that is what I thought. Sigh...

It sucks when your parents are so difficult to approach.

Ehrzzsxk o

Oh, but no, that isn't how Kaga rolls. Kaga wants you to suffer for letting this happen.

Fun fact: This is also what Holmes saw right before Eugen knocked him flat.

You, too. I don't get why their crit is so high, honestly. I mean, Holmes's crit was at almost 70% without Wrath earlier! Still, won't complain. No crits would make Gerxel a hell of a lot more challenging, but then I wouldn't be able to make it.

Well, Holmes gets +10 from his support with Runan and +20 from the holy sword. Also, I tested this just now: The support bonuses from the dead Shamans are still active. So that's another +15% for Holmes in your formation. If he has 23 skill, then that accounts for his 68% crit.
Runan and Sennet also get +15 crit from their respective shamans. So I suppose the ideal formation would be for Runan to attack from above, Holmes to attack from the left, Sennet to attack from the right and for Tia to attack from the bottom.

Edited by BrightBow

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, so you're back! I thought you just got sick of my stupidity by now.

I mean, I tried to write up posts but my laptop may have crashed more than once. Not because of the size of the post mind.

Also, How could you not respond to the only thing that Dave Kearney's ever going to be known for?

I get you. I love TRS, but I can't deny that it's a pretty clunky game. For all its high points, it's got its fair share of flaws. Oh, and I don't personally think Carla's that great, myself. She's a pretty good villain, definitely better than her FE7 copycat, but she suffers from being a lesser version of her brother, who got more screentime and had more depth to him.

I mean, maybe I don't think Sonia's the worst, but maybe when I finally chop my way through my mind will change?

Hey, it's okay, man. You don't have to explain yourself to me. It's not like you signed some sort of contract that you had to reply to every one of my LPs. I do this to entertain the masses (well, the masses of 10 people that read me, that is), I don't want anyone to feel obligated to do anything in return.

Wait a minute I thought I did! Not for you specifically, but let me check-

*fumbles through paper

Huh, guess that doesn't apply to here.

Well, if you've caught up to the LP, you probably have seen my thoughts on the matter.

Intentionally skipped them.

I'm trying to be at least somewhat blind. 😛

And that's why I love him as a villain. I guess it's also sort of Nergal's backstory, but the difference is, Nergal forgot his backstory and became a generic POWAHman. Guenchaos interiorized his thirst and it resulted in the power of love being the main cause of every tragedy in TRS.

I mean, again I think the BS backlash might be overblown. We'll see though.

Also, Guenchaos didn't find the fountain of youth.

5wxitotr o

Di1oycek o

Really Kaga?

Mogalls?

I mean, if you're going to knock off yourself at least pick a different enemy type.

6cq7xorq o

Ih49ob2i oWhat is the Black Rain?

E7ffcz4a oIt is his most fearsome power... A consuming storm that kills all it touches, be it man, beast, or plant... In ancient times, Gerxel destroyed entire civilizations with the Black Rain. There will be no escape for us.

You know, nuclear level power. That's intentional by the way.

Xjy9ca5g o

Thankfully, we have everything we need, as Tia has joined us at last. She's a bit worse than Sennet, but she's the only one who can double Gerxel, for what it's worth. I don't think she'll do much against him, but that's fine. She's done enough already. Just like the other two Gotohs, she has growths, but they don't really matter. She can level up, but I mean, why?

From Mogalls?

Gjr0rjft o

Alfred, too, has joined us. Alfred is basically the game's way of ensuring you don't soft-lock yourself. He has Warp, which is all sorts of amazing, and is packing a door key. Even if you lost all your Thieves, keep in mind that Holmes can open doors, just not from the inside in this map. You can have Alfred warp up to Holmes and open his door, so that he may free the rest. Still, that leaves little time to move his and Sennet's arses to Gerxel. And you need all four of them to fight Gerxel. It's very important.

Thankfully, however, I am not quite so bad as to need to resort to that. Alfred is a pretty solid Gotoh, on his own right. He and Tia are a bit like Nagi and Gotoh in Shadow Dragon, only they aren't mutually exclusive and Alfred isn't scum: Tia's only good for the final boss, while Alfred can't do anything to him but can deal with any mook pretty reliably.

This lad's capped.

No need for levels for him at least.

Ci69cf1x oF8t78bt5 o

Let's not question the logic behind Sasha summoning Wally while deep underground.

The mount's been following the whole time.

The real surprise is that this chamber's apparently big enough.

Rx79mwxc o...m... my weapon? W-Why would you take my weapon, and not my life!? Is that not your favourite thing in the world, you nightmarish madwoman?!

Opeu0fcl oK-Kate! Is it true!? Have I truly become... a monster...!?

Oh.

You're giving her a chance to not be crazy.

Opeu0fcl o...

I'm trying to remember why she turned out like that to being with.

Oc4dvsju oYkcautql oDdv457v2 oFykr4cl5 o

Well, when you had so little left, it's not surprising that it'd be hard even for the best to do something about.

Also:

Spoiler

Calling it Ruben's not dead. They pulled out the remains of the other guy somehow.

Opeu0fcl oI know you only said what you said because you were panicking. It's only fair. I have become... a terrifying beast. Nobody ever had the courage to tell me the truth to my face, and I was too stupid to realize. That's why... I thank you. I'll make sure you see this battle through... even if I do not.

Rx79mwxc o...I do not deserve your mercy. I am an evil man...

Opeu0fcl oYou clearly regret your actions, whatever they were. Your eyes are marred by regret... So I'll make sure you live, and have a chance to right the wrongs you've done.

Sheesh, not even Kate could tell her? Okay sure she couldn't, but nobody else?

Rx79mwxc oI'm saying that, panic be damned, I meant what I said earlier! You still have still a chance... don't throw it away, Princess Sasha! If you die, your father, your mother, your knight, your friends... their grief will only grow harsher! The only way they - and you - can truly leave this whole ordeal behind, is if you make sure to undo your mistakes, and go back to being the old Sasha, beloved by all the people of Wellt! So please...!

Opeu0fcl o...y... you're right... I can't do that to Kate... not after what she's been through...

Wlfhber9 o

Vcrkhypz o...Yes. I will live, for Kate!

That.... That's a nice use of portrait change.

Laofotcs o

F4aswdy8 o I think this might be the best line in all of fiction.

Uax3ktm5 o

Good grief, Eugen. Both Holmes and your own liege have lost the love of their lives today, and the best you can come up with is that. And the conversation just ends on that, too. Holmes can't even come up with a witty retort for that. I can just imagine him staring at Eugen, eyes wide-open, thinking "is this what it feels to talk to me?! Am I this insensible!?".

Goodness fucking gracious, Eugen. You beat him at his own game. You out-blunted him.

I mean, I think Eugen's unbeaten in the bluntness stakes.

so unfair, and not at the same time... So avoidable... baaaaaahhh!

Pnjod8g8 oQd3k6owa o

Cooked in the end and not even by a dragon.

Damm shame, the first true death since Lionel. You hope to not see it happen.

Now's when a lesser game would've just faded to black and kicked us out to the game over screen.

Ehrzzsxk o

Yeah, this fucking thing.

Everyone gets nuked in a cave.

There ain't no escape.

Auglmf3h o6di550ge o0mtqoaa8 o
She uses her standard portrait here, but I felt like doing a bit of my editing magic on an unused portrait to make you guys feel even worse.

...... So was this one of hers?

DAMMIT KAGA WHY WOULDN'T YOU USE THAT?

Not that the good ending is any less awesome, mind. Kaga didn't blow all of his budget on the bad ending - he blew it on the endings, plural.

Hence all the other little things that happen to go wrong with TRS?

Is that where Holmes's plot and Sennet's gameplay money went?

O0czkrtl oUtzwkeb1 o

You know, one detail I really like is how Gerxel appears to have the minds of both Guenchaos and Kalbazan inside him. Like, here he's speaking of "God" and how he's been "blessed", and in the bad ending he calls Tia by her name. This only makes sense if you assume it's Guenchaos, having retained his consciousness through the transformation. However, he was rambling about Carluon's power earlier, and he didn't seem to recognize Tia when he noticed her right after being resurrected, merely saying that she "smelled of Yutona", which only makes sense if you assume that it's the guy who's been slumbering for centuries speaking.

Considering they just merged, it makes sense.

Would there eventually be one dominant or would they be in limbo on this? Turns out Guenchaos's plan to be with his gf and tell everyone else to fuck off might have had the snag of him not even coming out the other side, which seems even more tragic.

Oqrstdel o

HE BREATHES GHOSTS

That's kind of insane.

These four are OP as all hell.

Igxeuaq0 o4hguidr8 oO1mzf0bn oEhhevgwt o

No mater my complaining, this?

This is artful work, makes me sad Kaga never got to release the Saga games internationally.

Lihukmhk o

Eerrgh... I'm... I'm not seeing things, am I...?

I guess that strange lady wants her sword back.

What Carluon did's gonna be awkward to explain, ain't it?

You know what I really love about this? Shigen's birth name. Remember, way back, how Shigen said that his very Zoan name got him in trouble more than a couple of times? Carla and Shigen Sr. obviously knew what it was to be Zoans and have Zoan names, so what did they do? Give him the most ordinary name they could find, so that he could blend in with the Reevans easier. Then Yoda came around, and completely ruined this by giving him the same name his father had to endure. They came full circle.

I love these details. It's like the origin of Zieg's scars: something you wouldn't expect them to bring back, but they do, in the most epic way possible.

Man Yoda was freaking dumb.

Anyhow, that's it. Next time, a really, really long update, but it's the last one, so you guys can take your time with it. This game handles the ending in a very unique way, and I honestly like it way more than FE's usual ending blurbs, so please, try not to miss it. Fare thee well!

Oh boy, better get out my popcorn for an epilogue longer than Return of the King's!

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Son of a-- well, how about I tell you it almost did happen? Some days back, I was coming back home from a particularly tiring day, when I dozed off behind the wheel for a second. While entering a roundabout. With another car coming my way.

Thank goodness the guy was driving slowly and was able to stop. I managed to come back to my senses and hit the brakes, but it was much too late. Had the other man not reacted in time, it would've been a direct hit on my side of the car.

There you go, now you must be much too disturbed to keep laughing at the car crash joke! I have won! I've beaten the car crash joke!

...I don't feel so good about it, actually. Biggest scare I had in a while. Oh, well. These things happen, I guess.

Heehee car

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pnjod8g8 o

Tomorrow, Tomorrow he'll have no Tomorrow, Tomorrow is only a life awaaaay. 

Uh GG low death count Ruben