FE8 HP 60 Limit and surpassing. (SOLVED)

Yazuki

>>>>>Solution little far below post<<<<<

Hi everyone, I recently returned to ROM Hacking after a 2 month Hiatus. Currently about 3-months of total dedicated time into my current ROM-Hack project. (Febuilder) I've only use FeEditor Adv for importing some animations to view or use.

So moving on to the issue,

I've been stubbed on how to increase the PLAYER'S UNIT HP and Stat caps, I've tried Solum's solution which I think it allows a unit to have above 60 HP but still encounters serious issues if you Level up when you're above the 60 HP Cap. Also tried our lord and saviour Circle's Event-Assembler patch (FE8EssentialFixes), as well as Nyan's Febuilder patch (Picture below) none seemed to help solve the issue.

DH_Ninja seemed to have a solution but he has been inactive since 2015, using Solum's Method (Picture Below with Ashe in FE6 or FE7)

If anyone has a solution to this I'd appreciate your help immensely.

I planned to have most of the later game enemies to have around 53-80HP  and 7-38 Stats respectively, ever since the beginning of my project I was aiming for growths and stats similar to Awakening and Fates.

Thanks in advance,

Yazuki

_FE8EssentialFixes.txt

oofffffff.PNG

how to set hp above 60.PNG

501c24c1bcc7194fffa8f85f6b1ae476.png

Edited by Yazuki

You're probably too far into your project to want to scrap what you've done so far, but I think it worth mentioning that 3DS numbers (ESPECIALLY for HP and Luck) are far easier to pull off in SRPG Studio.

However, you will likely need to hunt around for custom SRPG Studio battle animations for certain classes.

Yeah, I'm really deep into it now, was kinda hoping for a solution with the ROM, currently trying to dabble in FEXP, I'll tryout SRPG soon and hopefully help add to our community's development using it.

Thanks for your input Von!

3 minutes ago, Yazuki said:

Yeah, I'm really deep into it now, was kinda hoping for a solution with the ROM, currently trying to dabble in FEXP, I'll tryout SRPG soon and hopefully help add to our community's development using it.

I had been considering adapting my Fire Emblem: Ascension written project (now Sanctaea Chronicles) into an FE8 hack and even made a few GBA-style portraits for Claudius and some of his friends, but I too was having issues with the HP and Luck caps due to FE8's sheer lack of documentation compared to FE7.  Eventually, when I got wind of SRPG Studio's English release and tried somebody's demo of his own game made with the software, I immediately jumped ship from hacking before I could get too deep into it.

(I swear I posted this yesterday???)

>>SOLUTION<<

USING FEBUILDERGBA:

Step 1: Enable "Double Maximum Possible Stats ver2 (Breaks Saves)"

oofffffff.thumb.PNG.7de30ad3748cfb56890da84b8aac193a.PNG

Step 2: Enable "Playable Character HP Limit" oofffffff2.thumb.PNG.48a30346ca90d728235b4b070cb1a10e.PNG

Step 3: Reap your rewards

oofffffff3.thumb.PNG.bf7a6014bcb3b25ae55f2429b4ef2a91.PNG

Hope this helps everyone who needed it! (Found it by desperately tinkering in the patches in FEBuilderGBA)

-Yazuki

Gimme like a year or two for me to finish my hack, legit solo developing with tools made by our community.

Edited by Yazuki

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Kitty said:

You have permission to use that Ashe mug?

Its not my hack (DH_Ninja's I think, I found the screenshot on FEUniverse)  I just found that image proving it was possible to to have HP go above, I can delete the entire first post since I have the resolution at the bottom. 

Lemme know if you want that screenshot thingy deleted. Going to reinstate, I did not take that screenshot with the Ashe mug, I found it on FE universe, you can scroll down a bit and you'll see the original image post: http://feuniverse.us/t/how-to-break-the-normal-hp-cap/99/3 

Also Chocolate Kitty, thank you so much for helping out the community, I know you're a super active member that replies frequently on a lot of forum posts. 

Edited by Yazuki