Hrid: Icy Blade - November Legendary Hero

daisy jane

What? Legendary Hero my butt. He spent the whole time-is that Distant Counter?Did we just get Distant Counter on a non Hector unit?

Also, am I seeing this right, or do they have two Red legendaries at once? Hey, it results in me wanting to pull reds. I don't own any of these three. Green is also somewhat desirable since I lack Innes and Kana. I lack the other two Summer units as well, but they're flanked by characters I do have, so that's going to make collection tricky...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'd say maybe look at it in the vein of how Beruka can somehow still assassinate people while using an axe on the back of a huge wyvern, but I guess it's true that Hrid's attempt failed.

To be fair, in Skyrim, I'm so bad at stealth assassinations, that I usually just change into a werewolf, murder who I need to in plain sight + some unfortunate onlookers, and then run until people stop chasing me. Mission is done, and no one knows it's me. Just some crazy werewolf. So I suppose Beruka could do the same? She'd just be more...recognizable.  

I already have L!Eirika, B!Roy, Swordhardt, Siegert and Eldigian for sword cavs so I'm good~ I don't have a single orb to spend anyways so it's free pull and I'm out. If I did have the orbs to spend I would try for L!Lucina and B!Hector. If I want any decent chance at getting a Christmas unit I can't afford to pull on any more banners :L

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Also, am I seeing this right, or do they have two Red legendaries at once?

Yes. We knew there were four returning Legendary Heroes in this banner due to the notifications of when they would be returning, so either they were going to have no new Legendary Hero this month (unlikely) or we were going to have one color double up.

It makes sense since they've pretty much caught up on seasonal characters.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hrid's stats:

The first round of combat is against the Bow Fighter in Story 2-13-2 Normal. The Bow Fighter is hit by Freezing Seal's effect, giving him 23 Atk and 21 Def. Hrid deals 35 damage, putting his Atk stat at 37.

The second round of combat is against the Axe Armor in Story 2-13-4 Hard. The Axe Armor is hit by Freezing Seal's effect, giving him 40 Atk, 7 Spd, and 37 Def. Hrid deals 30 damage, still putting his Atk stat at 37. The Axe Armor deals zero damage, putting Hrid's Def at at least 32. Hrid is able to double through the Axe Armor's Wary Fighter 2, which means he has at least 12 Spd, but that's not saying much.

HP: 41
Atk: 37
Spd: at least 12... obviously higher, though
Def: at least 32
Res: ???

He looks like he might be a low-Spd bulky type based on his weapon's "Penaltybreaker" effect. That, or he dumped Res hard.

Eirika's stats are 38/31/39/27/21. With her being the previous legendary hero and the same unit type, it seems like they're trying to differentiate the two.

If Hrid has 32 Def and the same Res and BST as Eirika, that gives him 25 Spd. Pretty close to legendary Hector, if that means anything.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. We knew there were four returning Legendary Heroes in this banner due to the notifications of when they would be returning, so either they were going to have no new Legendary Hero this month (unlikely) or the where going to have one color double up.

It makes sense since they've pretty much caught up on seasonal characters.

Hey, with the flood of red legendaries, I'm not about to start complaining. I'm missing every one of those except for Eirika and the free Ike from a year ago, so I'd appreciate the re-runs.

Less appreciated is the unwillingness to have more colorless legendaries. Couldn't they just not have Robin on one of these things? Even if you were locked to a hard number of four legendaries which we now know they're not.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

If Hrid has 32 Def and the same Res and BST as Eirika, that gives him 25 Spd. Pretty close to legendary Hector, if that means anything.

I'm expecting him to have trainee Villager stats for no good reason and am assuming he won't be dumping Res. But he totally could.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Less appreciated is the unwillingness to have more colorless legendaries. Couldn't they just not have Robin on one of these things? Even if you were locked to a hard number of four legendaries which we now know they're not.

The problem is the fact that there really aren't many characters that both (1) make sense to be a Legendary Hero and (2) have a colorless weapon type.

Part of the problem was the fact that they insisted on having colored bows and daggers, which significantly shrunk the pool of potential colorless Legendary Heroes.

11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

To be fair, in Skyrim, I'm so bad at stealth assassinations, that I usually just change into a werewolf, murder who I need to in plain sight + some unfortunate onlookers, and then run until people stop chasing me. Mission is done, and no one knows it's me. Just some crazy werewolf. So I suppose Beruka could do the same? She'd just be more...recognizable.  

Werewolf master race unite. I guess now that I think of it, the wyvern could just eat people so she leaves no trace..

Hrid made himself useful and will serve as DC fodder, nice~ That means I'll never have to fodder any of my Hectors should I ever get pity broken by another one~

Otherwise, Summer Innes and Laevatein are the only units on this banner I care about but I'm not risking getting blocked by Gunnthra or Hrid so I'll just wait for Summer for Innes merges~

Well, there's a long list of characters who I would have much preferred be this month's legendary hero over Hrid, even if they absolutely had to have another sword cavalry as this month's legendary. I wouldn't mind pulling a copy of him though, can't say no to DC fodder.

Edited by Ildanach

Just now, daisy jane said:

i wonder if this means that Alm, the Red Bow dream is dead. 

He could still be a bow unit, just likely not red. He could be colorless which could be welcome with all the gimmicky colored bows/daggers we’ve had for the past couple months.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i wonder if this means that Alm, the Red Bow dream is dead. 

I never understood this.
If Legendary Alm wields a Bow, why does it have to be Red? It could be Blue or Green if we assume Colorless Bow is dead for Legendary banners.
Also makes it easier to justify him and Celica in the same team that way (because whoever thought that all Celicas have to be Red needs to be buried in a deep hole).

2 minutes ago, Silverly said:

He could still be a bow unit, just likely not red. He could be colorless which could be welcome with all the gimmicky colored bows/daggers we’ve had for the past couple months.

but it would be weird to have a green and blue and not red., yah? 

2 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

plz no more red unit in the game...the red pool is already a nightmare! Ç_Ç

lol sorry. 

1 minute ago, The Priest said:

I never understood this.
If Legendary Alm wields a Bow, why does it have to be Red? It could be Blue or Green if we assume Colorless Bow is dead for Legendary banners.
Also makes it easier to justify him and Celica in the same team that way (because whoever thought that all Celicas have to be Red needs to be buried in a deep hole).

i dunno. i was just going with everyone else. 
(I don't know what Celica has to red either) :)

Edited by daisy jane

I am a bit concerned. I was expecting Ryoma and Lucina not to be rerun on the same banner because the reruns get Abyssal maps.

So not only are we getting Ryoma and Lucina Abyssal, we're also getting Hrid Abyssal, all at once.

...This is gonna suck.

Edited by Some Jerk

Well I am pulling red and green since both colors have 2 unit each I don't have.  I am slightly peeved Hrid is legendary since those banners tend to hate me, but at least he is in the game.  I was really hoping he would have a non red sword and be a flyer, but oh well.  

If my last copy of L!Robin comes in early, I'm tempted to go after Hrid next.  Not that I'm lacking strong sword cavalry units, but that Prf looks really fun.  Doesn't hurt that I don't have any either of the other two red options.   

1 minute ago, Eilanzer said:

im torn now...i need dc fodder but the radiant dawn banner in january...

Hunting for specific characters/fodder isn't a good idea on legendary banners unless there's multiple characters within a colour that you desire. I'd wait for RD myself. If you want DC, wait for a banner with Hector assuming he's the only green focus unit. 

Sweet, finally. I'm definitely free summoning red.  I'll need to restrain myself past that, haha. I really, really love the effect on Hrid's sword and the fact that he has DC. I gotta keep holding onto my orbs for December though

Edited by Arcphoenix