Hrid: Icy Blade - November Legendary Hero

daisy jane

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

It's divided up evenly among the 12 focus units. So 0.67% for a particular hero. Of course once you start colour sniping, your chance increases but that is true for 3 person regular banners as well which have a 1% rate per hero. 

i see now...rly tks...now i can reserve my orbs for rd banner without any doubt! ^^

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wanna take bets how many Hrid and Cellica spooks im getting?

what

There is no Celica on this banner.

16 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

tks, i tought the 8% was better for sniping a specific hero. =/

Because it’s not 8% for a specific hero.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Eilanzer said:

i see now...rly tks...now i can reserve my orbs for rd banner without any doubt! ^^

I've spent hundreds of orbs looking for DC fodder but have only ever gotten one and that was on a banner with much better odds than this. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

who is anri?

Marth’s grandfather’s brother who had obtained Falchion and defeated and sealed Medeus the Shadow Dragon.
An actual legendary hero, not these knockoffs.

I'm so happy with this banner, should have saved more orbs.

I want Hrid as well as Ryoma and if I get the latter I will totally build a male flyer team (which won't have magic. Yeah, Im complaining).

Already got Lavaetein, but I like her well enough so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I get her again.

I hope L!Lucina will come to me, but I really don't want Cordelia. Not like I hate her, I just know I won't use her. Hector is fine for fodder.

Green and colorless both have 2 heroes I don't own yet. But I probably won't have enough orbs to try for them.

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

who is anri?

Adding to what @Vaximillian said, possibly THE record holder of bar none the most powerful human character to ever exists in fire emblem. Marth is named a Legend by Gottoh for being able to complete Anri's Way with a rag-tag army through sheer leadership, which is essentially Desert, Iceland, and Lava Cave filled with bandits and dragons

Anri did that alone, in record time without barely anything with him since he's a poor peasant from a backwater village. He's so bullshit that the only time a character ever gets compared to Anri, it was Camus(yes, the same Camus from GHB) destroying entire batallion led by a Dragon, only losing after he lost his weapon

Safe to say when an idea of actually "Legendary Hero" comes around, he's the most obvious example in the book

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Safe to say when an idea of actually "Legendary Hero" comes around, he's the most obvious example in the book

Which is never.

Anri has even less character than Hrid. 

Whoop-dee-doo, a background footnote isn’t elaborated upon, who would have thought?

10 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

While this is true, it really goes towards the whole thing where IS did their OC REALLY badly for people not to care in favor of existing characters. But i honestly always want guys like Gottoh, Cartas, Athos, Roland, Hartmut etc as something close to a Legendary Hero

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

Why would anyone get excited at the thought of Anri being put into the game, let alone as a legendary hero? 

Why would anyone get excited at the thought of Hríd being put into the game, let alone as a legendary hero?

Anri at least did stuff and got shit done, even if in background. Hríd did nothing and achieved nothing, and is nothing.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

who is anri?

The most shafted character in all of Fire Emblem. He did everything right, saved the princess, got the magic sword, slew the Dragon - single-handedly, mind you - and what did he get to show for it? The princess he saved was married off to some other dude for purely political reasons when she loved him instead, all his people abandoned him, he died alone and friendless...heck, by the time Awakening happens, Kjelle - the girl who's semi-obsessed with powerful warriors - can't even mention him by name.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

An actual legendary hero, not these knockoffs.

Legendary Ike was without question the greatest disappointment FEH has ever handed me, even more than the 5S Lucius I pulled, because I saw Legendary Hero and thought we'd be getting Anri, the Eight Legends, the Twelve Crusaders, etc. I let Fjorm and Gunnthra slide because OCs always get dumb special treatment, but once I saw Ike....

This is exactly the problem - a character hyped up since the beginning of the franchise to be almost god-tier, given the surprise tragic ending, whose name was carved into the stairs of greatness, and he was thrown to the side so completely and utterly that HRID - no, THE ENTIRE NIFL FAMILY(bar one) got to be Legendary Heroes first.

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

Why would anyone get excited at the thought of Anri being put into the game, let alone as a legendary hero? 

See description at top of my post. The man's deserved to at least be given A FRICKIN FACE by now.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Anri at least did stuff and got shit done, even if in background. Hríd did nothing and achieved nothing, and is nothing.

I'd say that breaking into Muspell alone, somehow coming close to assissinating Surtr, and escaping with his life was an accomplishment. Even if he didn't actually manage to kill him.

Don't get me wrong. I do want Anri someday. I feel it would be better to establish his character in a full fledged story (which I really, really want) before trying to make a hero out of him..

Edited by Arcphoenix

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Hrid being a poor legendary choice doesn't make Anri a good one. 

Except it does because he deserved that status. He also deserved getting some characterisation because Hríd isn’t going to get any now that Book II is bye-bye.

But hey, I’m happy that someone’s happy. I’d prefer to have been happy too but oh well.

Edited by Vaximillian

15 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

The most shafted character in all of Fire Emblem. He did everything right, saved the princess, got the magic sword, slew the Dragon - single-handedly, mind you - and what did he get to show for it? The princess he saved was married off to some other dude for purely political reasons when she loved him instead, all his people abandoned him, he died alone and friendless...heck, by the time Awakening happens, Kjelle - the girl who's semi-obsessed with powerful warriors - can't even mention him by name.

Legendary Ike was without question the greatest disappointment FEH has ever handed me, even more than the 5S Lucius I pulled, because I saw Legendary Hero and thought we'd be getting Anri, the Eight Legends, the Twelve Crusaders, etc. I let Fjorm and Gunnthra slide because OCs always get dumb special treatment, but once I saw Ike....

This is exactly the problem - a character hyped up since the beginning of the franchise to be almost god-tier, given the surprise tragic ending, whose name was carved into the stairs of greatness, and he was thrown to the side so completely and utterly that HRID - no, THE ENTIRE NIFL FAMILY(bar one) got to be Legendary Heroes first.

See description at top of my post. The man's deserved to at least be given A FRICKIN FACE by now.

Seriously speaking though, whenever the talks about Anri is concerned, its important to note that Anri didn't actually get off badly in the end and the other dude is chosen because hes genuinely the flagship hero of the war. Altea is noted to be a prosperous kingdom, and the issues with them didn't happen until his brother took over after his death.

Cartas is literally what Marth is for 90% of the original War of Shadows, the only difference is while Marth gets Falchion, he doesn't. Even notes regarding his rules makes it super clear Cartas is a great ruler

Both of them are genuinely a great hero in their own rights, and not in the same way Marth - Hardin case was(where Marth took credit of all Hardin's works on the later request)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner