I need help with training units at the Arena...

zuibangde

So I just wasted an hour of my time when I decided to train some units up at the Arena before ending the chapter by killing Linus. This isn't the first time an arena training session ended with a death and I think I'm the one sucking at using the Arena.

Fiora went first and against a mage and I thought she was gonna be fine since her resistance is 'high' (she was at level 14 and had 10 res). I was wrong.

She missed her attack, got doubled (15x2) and then died. I pressed the B button right after the first 15 hit because I knew she won't survive the next round but I didn't know the mage was gonna double her so it was basically a lost cause right at the beginning. 

So my questions are: When exactly do I press the 'B' button to back out? How do I know if the enemy is gonna double or not? Also, I heard the higher the wage is, the tougher the enemies would be, is that true? The wage amount Fiora had was 940. I just need some advice on using arena I guess haha.

Also, is my Fiora just so inferior at this point that it's pointless to use her? (I like her character and design and heard people say she is pretty decent but man I'm struggling to use her). She hits like a wet noodle, can't double 80% of the enemies at this point, can't tank physical attacks, she can kinda tank magic attacks but Ninian, Lucius, Serra, Priscilla and ELIWOOD all have higher res than her right now. She's the only peg knight I'm using right now so I don't really want to give up on her just yet but she's definitely the weakest unit on my team which is a shame.

If you press B, you'll be taken out at the end of the current "round." In this case, imagine you were attacking that mage on the field outside the arena; the "round" would consist of Fiora attacking and then the mage attacking twice. In arena it just goes on repeat. Even if you press B right at the beginning of the match, you still have to wait for all three attacks to happen before the game will take you out.

As far as I know, there's no clear indicator as to whether or not the enemy will double. In general, yes, the higher the wage the stronger the enemy. From my own experience, in the 500-600 wage tends to be easy, 700-800 is average and probably a win if you have weapon advantage, and 900+ is tough and a probable risk.

A hint: use Ninis's Grace. It's +10 Def/Res and the boost applies in the arena. Then use the ring glitch to keep the boost active so you don't use it up quickly (have the boosted unit rescued at the start of the next turn, drop, dance, arena, rescue, repeat). This boost often makes even 1000+ wagers easy, and lower ones guarantees since enemies can end up doing 0 damage to your unit.

Well, I don't know your Fiora's stats, but she's statistically the worst flier in the game in my experience, though still a good unit on average. Eliwood comes with 0 Res but actually has a good growth (35%) so you must have gotten lucky with him but it's not too surprising. 10 Res at lv 14 for Fiora is average.