If you were in FE which class would you be?

Sub Zero

I gotta feeling I did this already..ah screw it. 

If you were in a FE game which class would you be?

I would be a Myrmidon

Edited by Emperor Chiam Longblade

Cleric, because I honestly enjoy helping others and it promotes into the classes that cast magic through faith and belief, and frankly I really want to cast magic but I don't really want to work for it.

Ehh, I want to say archer/sniper, but I'd probably miss every second shot, given how I've never learned archery. Sword and staff fighting, on the other hand, I very well did, so I would be someone capable of handling, say, a lance, or a katana (which is not a very common weapon in FE, but since we don't learn the usage of non-eastern type swords in aikido, I don't really have a choice here). I also never had riding lessons, so I would be pretty much stuck to being infantry - which I don't mind. With all that, it seems like I would be a greeeeeeaaat... soldier. You know, the normal, lance wielding NPC. Which is boring. So I would like to be an Ephraim class. Only thing I'm missing for it is the personality.

Mercenary/fighter/hero classline. I do have good reflexes in real life, frequently use an axe to chop wood, am quick on my feet due to doing folk dancing when I was younger and I never fall down due to experience walking of bad terrain. Seriously. I did this thing as a kid where I would walk on a narrow stone "path". It was more of a border/wall for dirt and plants. It was pretty uneven, but I'd soon be able to regain my footing even if I were to fall

Oh. And I am tall (192 cm) if that really does anything to enhance the abilities of the class

Edited by silveraura25

Artillery - I'd be manning a ballista of some kind if I were in a FE army.

Or, given how sociable and supposedly "intelligent" I am, I might be a tactician or some other kind of officer.

Either way, I'd be someone who'd keep away from the front lines, or I'd be supporting someone else.  Though I'm leaning more towards artillery because I'm pretty good at pinpointing specific marks and math, skills which would be useful for the role.  I'm decent with strategy, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to convey what I wanted troops to do all that well.

4 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Let's be honest with ourselves, most of us are Villagers.

If we were in a FE setting where we were made to join an army, we'd actually be trainees of some kind.  Or subsets of the villager class that would use different weapons, though only people who've actually taken fencing classes (or practiced with a blade in some other fashion) would be able to wield swords.  The majority of people would be using lances or axes, as those are the weapons that require the least amount of training to use at an acceptable level in combat.

If we're to assume we all started as trainees of some kind, I'd still be manning some kind of artillery.  It'd just be a lighter, more mobile artillery, like a falconet, with the "tier 2" and "tier 3" versions being stuff like howitzers and other high-angle, heavy projectile launchers.  Or else I'd just be regulated to lancer duty and probably wind up getting skewered in the initial charge by a horseman's pike.

I would totally want to be a Mage or something akin to it. It's a relatively safe class to be given that they can fight indirectly and avoid any close quarters combat. Even if a Mage does get into direct combat, they have the ability to fight back, unlike archers in most FE games. There's also the fact that there's a ton of different magic types, which can make a Mage pretty versatile in combat. Mages can also promote into a few different classes, so they can potentially have access to more powerful magic, additional weapon types, or a horse. 

You know what else is a cool class? Freelancer. They, or I guess just Xane, can transform into any class, which can be super helpful. A Freelancer can turn into a Cleric to heal, a Dancer to refresh another unit's turn, etc. It's super cool and I like it, although I would probably just stick with Mage for now.

23 hours ago, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

I gotta feeling I did this already..ah screw it. 

If you were in a FE game which class would you be?

I would be a Myrmidon

@coldhand25You don't need to put your real-life training into consideration, just think of a class that you would really want to be. Think freely! 

@MichelaarAre troubadours a female only class? Looking at your description it says that your a male. So a mage could be more appropriate due to your gender. But whatever, Its just a tiny nitpick.  

@Michelaar I really need to research into this before I make a empty conclusion lol

Edited by Emperor Chiam Longblade

25 minutes ago, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

@MichelaarAre troubadours a female only class? Looking at your description it says that your a male. So a mage could be more appropriate due to your gender. But whatever, Its just a tiny nitpick.  

In Fire emblem Fates, Troubadours can be male as well. There's very little reason for the class to be female only. Why couldn't a male sit on a horse with a staff, but standing on 2 feet with a staff is fine? 

>>>>>>>>  No physical training or muscle bulk
>>>>>>>>> zero interest in being on a physical training regimen
>>>>>>>> spend most of my time reading, writing, and working with abstract arguments and doctrines 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>would rather wear a light, comfortable robe and cape then sweat it out in heavy armor. 

...okay...so some kind of magic user...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>irreverently mocking of gods, piety, and organized religions (thats probably a solid [NO] to any type of light magic or stave based class. I guess i could be an Azama-type monk that's ironically mocking of his faith and impious, but ehhhhhhh. That doesn't sound too great, and in any realistic setting would get me excommunicated or executed.)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>would be more interested in studying magic to acquire knowledge and learn the mysteries of the universe than to wield power for powers sake. (that sounds more like an anima user than a dark magic user. I guess I could be a Canas-type dark magic user that delves into dark magic strictly out of intellectual curiosity--not out of some compulsion from a cursed bloodline or dark desire for power. That doesn't sound too bad.)

>>>>>>>>>>I'd probably be more inclined to study magic that has been endorsed by the mainstream scholarship of the day and organized into scholarly codicils than to go digging through shadowy ancient tomes and delving into forbidden rituals, if the mainstream scholarship of the day wasn't complete shit. (but more inclined to go digging through shadowy ancient tomes and delving into forbidden rituals if the mainstream "scholarship" of the day was ignorant and repressive)  

Imma have to say I'd probably be in the [Mage/Sage] line.

But I could see a scenario where I'd go [Shaman/Druid] or [Dark Mage / Sorcerer].  

Edited by Shoblongoo

100% myrmidon! I have thought about this ever since I was kid playing GBA sacred stones.
Their ability to dodge coupled with the fact I was godly in dodgeball in middle school always led me to the route lmao.
If i do bulk up in the gym then maybe mercenary.
Why cant i be as buff as Ike :(: