Who will you be maining in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

Sub Zero

Marth and Roy!

I'll probably pick up the Ice Climbers, Snake and Pokemon Trainer, as I mained them in Brawl.

As for newcomers, Richter, Chrom, Inkling and Inicineroar are the ones really interesting me. Richter especially because...well...mmm.

At parties I'll be switching between the Random button and my assortment of Mii characters.

For realsies I can't say for sure other than Bowser and Little Mac whom I mained in the last one. I think a lot of Veterans in this game look as new as the newcomers so I might not declare any mains for a long time. 

If I am playing competitively Pokémon Trainer with a focus on Ivysaur and Squirtle along with Chrom and Sonic.

Casual side though there are probably 10-15 characters I want to play as like Lucario, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Corrin, Captain Falcon, Zelda, Young Link, Mario and Yoshi while trying out Marth, Lucina, Robin and Richter for the first time. There are too many characters I want to play as.

I've mained Lucas since Brawl, and I've mained Shulk since the 3DS days, and I picked up Lucas again when he was released as DLC,. They've consistently been my best characters, so I see no reason not to stop using them. I've put hours of practice into those two, and I have their respective amiibo. I've put in too much time and effort to back out now.

They're also two of my favorite video game characters, so I may or may not be biased.

I'm having a hard time choosing between Robin and Richter. I like both of them for various reasons and I guess I could main both but I'm worried my play efficiency might struggle without a dedicated main. I might also pick up a Mii Swordfighter for causal play here too due to their streamlined creation in this game.

The roster in Smash Ultimate is so full of awesome looking characters that I doubt I could predict who I'll be maining until I've actually played it for myself, but I am expecting to play lots of Shulk since I love the Xenoblade games and he was my main in Smash 4. There are plenty more characters I'm considering as possible mains, but I'm going to save that list for later on another forum(weekly topic countdown forum, next week is characters).

25 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

I'm having a hard time choosing between Robin and Richter. I like both of them for various reasons and I guess I could main both but I'm worried my play efficiency might struggle without a dedicated main. I might also pick up a Mii Swordfighter for causal play here too due to their streamlined creation in this game.

They're both voiced by David Vincent, so you'd technically only be maining one character.

I'd say start out using both and see how well you play with them first. If you feel yourself leaning more towards playing one, stick with that character for a while and see how you do. There's nothing wrong with maining two characters. Back in Smash 4, a ton of people had Pocket Clouds, so if you want to save Robin or Richter in your pocket for scary situations, you could always try that approach, too.

54 minutes ago, Dai said:

Sounds more like your main is David Vincent. ;D

36 minutes ago, indigoceans said:

They're both voiced by David Vincent, so you'd technically only be maining one character.

I'd say start out using both and see how well you play with them first. If you feel yourself leaning more towards playing one, stick with that character for a while and see how you do. There's nothing wrong with maining two characters. Back in Smash 4, a ton of people had Pocket Clouds, so if you want to save Robin or Richter in your pocket for scary situations, you could always try that approach, too.

I should just tell people my main is David Vincent IRL to confuse casuals.

That's actually a pretty neat idea. I guess it is fair to wait until I've had hands on time with the game since I'm sure experience will be my best counselor on the matter. And if I did pocket one it'd make this the first fighter I ever had a pocket main for, which sounds pretty cool aloud!