Jump to content
ShurRee

Best Mothers for Dwyer, Kigari, Nina and Rhajat

Recommended Posts

In my current revelations run ive optimized the hell out of my child units but I have 5 mothers and 4 fathers left im not sure who to pair with each other. I have a temporary setup and 2 of these children end up garbage. With my only options being Felicia, Orochi, Nyx, Rinkah and Setsuna, who do these 5 best suit when it comes to Dwyer, Kigari, Nina and Rhajat?

Current Pairs:
Dwyer! Orochi ( Garbage final pair I heard makes an ok Basara)

Nina! Setsuna (For the +7 speed but I heard Nyx is ok if you want a shining bow build?)

Kigari! Rinkah (Good for Sidelong, Setsuna is better for Nina for now so yeah...)

Nyx! Rhajat (Many polls and discussions said Rhajat is better re-classed as Sorcerer)

 

Leftover Mom:

Felicia

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think these are pretty okay pairs for the most part.  I find Setsuna!Nina interesting story-wise as her yaoi fantasies seem like the most logical result of Niles's dirty mind mixing with Setsuna's daydreaming.

The Maid sisters can both be lonely spinsters together.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've personally been very impressed with Felicia!Nina--pretty legit for mixed phase shining bow shenanigans + res tanking.

A res heavy unit at weapon triangle disadvantage against tomes really appreciates inheriting tomebreaker.

And Felicia's growth spread in magic/speed/res is exactly what Nina is looking for to do her job.  
 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

I've personally been very impressed with Felicia!Nina--pretty legit for mixed phase shining bow shenanigans + res tanking.

A res heavy unit at weapon triangle disadvantage against tomes really appreciates inheriting tomebreaker.

And Felicia's growth spread in magic/speed/res is exactly is exactly what Nina is looking for to do her job.  
 

I never considered using Felicia as Ninas mother. I'm just curious, but is there a particular reasons so many people go for a shining bow build Nina when her base growths support her as a STR heavy unit (45%) vs her MAG growth (30%)? It seems like a pretty neat build, as I generally am not one to use Magic heavy bow units. I did Setsuna!Nina in my 3rd Revelations run and made her a Sniper, but I think this time around ill do Felicia!Nina and give Setsuna to Takumi cause Rinkah probably hurts Kigari more than Setsuna does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShurRee said:

I never considered using Felicia as Ninas mother. I'm just curious, but is there a particular reasons so many people go for a shining bow build Nina when her base growths support her as a STR heavy unit (45%) vs her MAG growth (30%)? It seems like a pretty neat build, as I generally am not one to use Magic heavy bow units. I did Setsuna!Nina in my 3rd Revelations run and made her a Sniper, but I think this time around ill do Felicia!Nina and give Setsuna to Takumi cause Rinkah probably hurts Kigari more than Setsuna does. 

1-2 range, high weapon might, and the ability to target physical units like generals and berserkers on their much weaker res stat more than makes up for the minor drop in attack. You still wind up doing more damage against more enemies, and more importantly, get close-counter utility on enemy phase. (Pretty much the only time Nina really needs to be go physical is against ninjas, maids, and kitsune)

Edited by Shoblongoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2018 at 3:21 AM, ShurRee said:

I never considered using Felicia as Ninas mother. I'm just curious, but is there a particular reasons so many people go for a shining bow build Nina when her base growths support her as a STR heavy unit (45%) vs her MAG growth (30%)?


While all of Felicia's growths bar Luck are very low (Nina would only have around 40 % growth in HP / Str / Mag / Skill as her daughter, and only 20 % in Def), I do believe that Nina with a fair Mag growth is more versatile than a Nina focused in Strength.

At least in Conquest, a lot of enemies have lower Res than Def, and being able to effectively target both defensive stats grants Nina a great edge over other Player Phase units (and over Bow Knight itself.) Her max Strength as Adventurer or Bow Knight is not particularly high anyway (around 26-30, depending on her mother.)

The Shining Bow has 13 might (and you get one for free on Nina's chapter), thus Nina does not really need high Magic to deal great damage. In comparison, a forged Thunder +2 has 9 might and costs 4,000 G, the S-rank tome Excalibur has 12 might, and the most powerful tome, Ginnungagap (or however it is spelled), has 15 might and costs 8,000 G. You can forge the Shinning Bow and give it 15 might in mid-game.

Keep in mind that Nina's Defence will always be low and that the Shining Bow reduces Avoid --20 %. So, it still is a Player Phase weapon, even though it has 1-2 range.
Also watch her Skill, because some mothers like Elise and Nyx give great Magic and terrible Skill, and Nina does need to kill the enemy in her turn to survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, starburst said:


While all of Felicia's growths bar Luck are very low (Nina would only have around 40 % growth in HP / Str / Mag / Skill as her daughter, and only 20 % in Def), I do believe that Nina with a fair Mag growth is more versatile than a Nina focused in Strength.

At least in Conquest, a lot of enemies have lower Res than Def, and being able to effectively target both defensive stats grants Nina a great edge over other Player Phase units (and over Bow Knight itself.) Her max Strength as Adventurer or Bow Knight is not particularly high anyway (around 26-30, depending on her mother.)

The Shining Bow has 13 might (and you get one for free on Nina's chapter), thus Nina does not really need high Magic to deal great damage. In comparison, a forged Thunder +2 has 9 might and costs 4,000 G, the S-rank tome Excalibur has 12 might, and the most powerful tome, Ginnungagap (or however it is spelled), has 15 might and costs 8,000 G. You can forge the Shinning Bow and give it 15 might in mid-game.

Keep in mind that Nina's Defence will always be low and that the Shining Bow reduces Avoid --20 %. So, it still is a Player Phase weapon, even though it has 1-2 range.
Also watch her Skill, because some mothers like Elise and Nyx give great Magic and terrible Skill, and Nina does need to kill the enemy in her turn to survive.

Thank you for explaining this all so well. I'm definitely going to try out using Felicia! Nina this time around as a res tank, it seems like it would be an overall effective character. With that out of the way, hopefully I can still manage to find good pairings for Kigari / Dwyer,  because it's probable they both will end up being kind of garbage with their only options being Rinkah, Setsuna and Orochi.... (I did do Setsuna! Kigari once and it didn't turn out too well lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ShurRee said:

Thank you for explaining this all so well. I'm definitely going to try out using Felicia! Nina this time around as a res tank, it seems like it would be an overall effective character.

Felicia might be your best bet in this situation, but she passes weak DNA overall. Just keep in mind that your Nina will need RNG blessings to get great level-ups.

I use this calculators to see check the different characters growths.

https://soapy4159.github.io/ferevpairings/

http://zekareisoujin.github.io/FEFatesStatCalc/

Edited by starburst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, starburst said:

Felicia might be your best bet in this situation, but she passes weak DNA overall. Just keep in mind that your Nina will need RNG blessings to get great level-ups.

I use this calculators to see check the different characters growths.

https://soapy4159.github.io/ferevpairings/

http://zekareisoujin.github.io/FEFatesStatCalc/

Ive been using the first of the two links for quite a while to calculate my child units stats, its been quite beneficial in helping me pair my other 18 children to their maximum potential; unfotuantley that left Nina, Kigari and Dwyer as the leftovers. I gave most of the strong physical moms away to better child units, like Camilla! Velouria, Charlotte! Siegbert, Effie! Mitama and Mozu! Sophie etc. This left me with all the considerably statistically poor moms who need to paired off in the best way possible without hurting my remaining child units too much. Seems like Dwyer benefits the most from setsuna out of the remaining moms if I were to make him a Paladin, but his growths would result in him being a low grade male version of my Mozu! Sophie.

Edited by ShurRee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...