Legendary Hero Battle: Hrid

LoneStar

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

it probably COULD have.moonbow  (haha) is like the only thing i DON'T have on her. I have 
Aura, Fang, Wind, Flame, Light, (I am all about the AoE) - :D (wind is my favourite, so i am hoping once i get my extra Soleil for my +10,  - I have one for Lilina too). 

I just wanted to do as much chip damage as I could

I finally finished it with Tibarn, Naesala, Reyson and Leanne. 

This was the hardest GHB abyssal battle I beat. Roy's was pretty easy and so was Robin's. I had to inherit WoM on Leanne to beat it. Desperation on Naesala would have made this battle easier but I still haven't inherited desperation on him just yet. Will do so eventually because there are some other hard abyssal maps. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I complete all difficulties with a team of Dark Azura, legAzura, and Rein. I thought this Abyssal were easier than the last ones mainly due to the bladetome refine, legAzura making Tharja into a sweeper, and dragonflowers.

On 2/27/2019 at 2:24 PM, daisy jane said:

okay. This team did the Infernal - so i figure why record the Infernal, when you can record the Abyssal. My Pulls this weekend paid off immediate dividends here. (makes me wish I had more orbs and I could try to get more of the star of this show). She will always be a welcome pity break for me, that's for sure!

As we know - Hrid's entire thing is to benefit him and his buff/debuff, so lots of drives and spurs were needed here. I also needed to upgrade the Flashing Blade Seal to 3 (and Hone Speed seal to 3) - RIP Coins. but as i have many fast units - those were fine to do for this as well. 

Here Goes!

Wow, that was great! With how often Celica was at one HP, I almost feel like my Grima clear got one-upped.

I was wondering why the sword infantry didn't attack Celica on a certain turn, but then realized I was dumb and there was a water tile.

23 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Finally, the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE IS BEATEN

Now that I FINALLY have a unit that can deal with that HORRID Blue Makakete, getting this done didn't take all that long~ Similar strategy to my failed attempt during the map's original run, though rather than Lachesis, Flying Sakura is our Pain+ Healer for the day. Since they both have the same Atk, using Sakura lets Azura use her Tactics~

So Keaton needed Pivot. Yes, literally the Gravity Healer was that annoying and he just couldn't get anywhere that he needed to be on that last wave of enemies. I also don't know why the Lance Cav at the end of the map doesn't kill him. I can only assume the fear of God entered him after being Def Smoked and seeing a werewolf at one cooldown away from an Ignis and decided to attack the harmless Loli instead.

Flying Sakura is an unfortunate -Spd and Spd+3 wasn't really doing much here, so I went with Miracle because it was inevitable that she'd have to take a hit. She actually really impressed me here, this is her first Abyssal run and she more than played her part with her Spur Buffs and Pain spreading~ All Lolizura need was Drive Atk to assure Keaton's kill on the Axe Flier~

Also just want to mention, (since I never do with it being in her base kit) With Everyone! is such an amazing Skill, those extra buffs for Tiki and passing them off to Keaton (and H!Myrrh in the clear for L!Roy) are seriously crucial at times~

And with that, this map is FINALLY out of the way~ 

Congratulations on beating this! Seeing Keaton with Vantage was pretty fun.

11 hours ago, daisy jane said:

per usual awesome One round clears. LOL it would be awesome if maybe by next year i could do these (LOL I think i need many cordelias (and feathers!!) though!

Who knows, you could make it sooner than you think - I went from thinking Abyssals were impossible, to beating them, then even doing 1-turns in the span of a few months, and I don't even have any 5* +10 units!

10 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Wow, that was great! With how often Celica was at one HP, I almost feel like my Grima clear got one-upped.

I was wondering why the sword infantry didn't attack Celica on a certain turn, but then realized I was dumb and there was a water tile.

Who knows, you could make it sooner than you think - I went from thinking Abyssals were impossible, to beating them, then even doing 1-turns in the span of a few months, and I don't even have any 5* +10 units!

actually, you know, you are right. 
it really amazes me that around Halloween i was gonna quit the game because i was frustrated how i wasn't making any progress at all, to actually figuring out Abyssals by myself (like I did this one on my own, and I did Roys too, and roy was... abysmal ;) ), so that's really great. 

I have my first one (Fae - i know for exclusive 5*'s it's gonna take a very long time, unless i get very very lucky). 
and yeah, it gets so scary when she gets to like one HP and it's like don't let anyone go near her!! I generally hate Fury as a rule, but it really just makes Her so much more fun. I think really the only think better would be running triple brazen on her, but the AOE doesn't read Brazen (someone told me) and you'd have to have maybe 11-2 hits before WoM can activate). 

@Landmaster @Nanima @mampfoid

Ice prince versus fire lords

Thats odd. I don't think i've ever seen armours use hit and run. I was certain it was a flyer/cavalry exclusive skill. Other then that this took a bit of tinkering. I needed res tactic for some magic attacks and I needed to put life or death off Brave Roy so it would be a different Roy that was affected by Hrid's debuff.

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

Roys coming around the legendary maps pretty fast. Funnily the only Roy with more than 50% HP at the end was the typical Desperation user. 

OG Roy eating Hrid on turn one and Leg Roy surviving at 1 HP (after already being refreshed by LA Roy) were my favorite moments. 

Congrats! 

12 hours ago, Sasori said:

Thats odd. I don't think i've ever seen armours use hit and run. I was certain it was a flyer/cavalry exclusive skill. Other then that this took a bit of tinkering. I needed res tactic for some magic attacks and I needed to put life or death off Brave Roy so it would be a different Roy that was affected by Hrid's debuff.

The Hit and Run Armor is a really cheeky set-up for Hrid, but Roy handled them both without a sweat~ Loved how the two horse Roy went off on their own to the right. OG and Legendary Roy came down really low on health, (twice for L!Roy)~ Impressive clearing the last enemies on such low health on everyone~

On 3-3-2019 at 6:45 PM, mampfoid said:

Roys coming around the legendary maps pretty fast. Funnily the only Roy with more than 50% HP at the end was the typical Desperation user. 

OG Roy eating Hrid on turn one and Leg Roy surviving at 1 HP (after already being refreshed by LA Roy) were my favorite moments. 

Congrats! 

Thanks. Its actually easier then my Sharena team so I might attempt to make this a recuring thing.

14 hours ago, Landmaster said:

The Hit and Run Armor is a really cheeky set-up for Hrid, but Roy handled them both without a sweat~ Loved how the two horse Roy went off on their own to the right. OG and Legendary Roy came down really low on health, (twice for L!Roy)~ Impressive clearing the last enemies on such low health on everyone~

It was a bit tricky with everyone being so low. They could't one shot or eat counters anymore. So it was a good thing that knights only have one move.

• 5 weeks later...

@mcsilas @mampfoid

The second of three Beast Emblem clears. No real reason why other than I couldn't really think of a theme to do and I already had my beast units build up after the ordeal with Roy.

Not much has changed in terms of skills. The biggest differences are that both Naesala and Panne switched out Miracle and Aether for Glimmer and Panne using Chill Spd instead of WoM so that Naesala could take down that Green Mage.

Keaton not having a spd bane is what makes this map possible. Without enough spd he is unable to to quad the the armor knights which would've meant that the team wouldn't have even been able to get past the first enemy.

Nailah yet again shows how great Null C-Disrupt is by deleting the gravity cleric early on. She's also the one who kinda carries the team in this one considering how many enemies she counter kills here.

Talking about counter killing, I really thought Keaton was screwed against that lance cav at first because I forgot how his weapon worked.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

9 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The second of three Beast Emblem clears. No real reason why other than I couldn't really think of a theme to do and I already had my beast units build up after the ordeal with Roy.

Well done!

It took me a while to get that Nailah had a healing special ("wait didn't she just survive with 1HP?"). Keatons Bonfire is massive, he one-rounds blue armors out of fun. 

Dropping off the last of the Feburary clears. After this there'll only be the Garon rerun and then I can take a bit of a break again from posting clears every day. haha

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @Robert of Normandy @kirauza343 @Azuris @ruruo @Sasori @daisy jane

Music: Bipolar Nightmare - Nier Automata

My nemesis returned and was finally vanquished. This was the LHB rerun I’ve been dreading the most, and I am super happy to have cleared it. The team struggled at first, even with Galeforce!Tibarn, but once I gave Goad Fliers to Reyson (RIP -Atk Summer!Innes for there was no Palla) they completely annihilated the map. Much faster than the other two as well. I like it when an LHB lasts for under 5 minutes, helps with the song choice.

Anyway, see you next time! 

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

My nemesis returned and was finally vanquished. This was the LHB rerun I’ve been dreading the most, and I am super happy to have cleared it. The team struggled at first, even with Galeforce!Tibarn, but once I gave Goad Fliers to Reyson (RIP -Atk Summer!Innes for there was no Palla) they completely annihilated the map. Much faster than the other two as well. I like it when an LHB lasts for under 5 minutes, helps with the song choice.

It's still hard to believe how good Tibarn is and you bring him to his full potential. Funnily the one unit he didn't one-round was green. Naesala took care of Hrid. 

Wow, you killed Innes for Goad Fliers? Do you have a remaining copy? 

Congrats! Some beasty days we've had. ;-) 

@Nanima

That was fantastic, how easily you flew through one of the hardest abyssal. Strike down enemies hard and fast, retreat everyone out of range only to strike at the right moment again.

Beautiful to watch really well played. Good job!

Nice to see, you found a team you have so much fun with, but poor Takumis.

36 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Nice to see, you found a team you have so much fun with, but poor Takumis.

Don't worry, the Takus aren't retired. They just don't work too well on Abyssals, so I leave them the rest of the challenge maps, like GHBs and BHBs. The birds would be way too overpowered for those anyway. haha 

On 4/4/2019 at 8:40 AM, Nanima said:

Dropping off the last of the Feburary clears. After this there'll only be the Garon rerun and then I can take a bit of a break again from posting clears every day. haha

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @Robert of Normandy @kirauza343 @Azuris @ruruo @Sasori @daisy jane

Music: Bipolar Nightmare - Nier Automata

Anyway, see you next time! 

I had watched this and meant to reply last night but I went to bed a bit early, sorry for the delay~~

Hrid is truly the evil overlord of Abyssals so it was very satisfying watching the birbs run through it. It's funny how Hrid just stands in the background and watches this happen for so long. Cleric and Sword Fighter were such obstacles for me, but Naesala and Tibarn got rid of them in one go. Even Hrid himself is taken care of so easily. Seems every Galeforce Tibarn procs is at just the right time. And Reyson gets his kill in the end! Great job making such a challenging map look easy~

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I had watched this and meant to reply last night but I went to bed a bit early, sorry for the delay~~

Hrid is truly the evil overlord of Abyssals so it was very satisfying watching the birbs run through it. It's funny how Hrid just stands in the background and watches this happen for so long. Cleric and Sword Fighter were such obstacles for me, but Naesala and Tibarn got rid of them in one go. Even Hrid himself is taken care of so easily. Seems every Galeforce Tibarn procs is at just the right time. And Reyson gets his kill in the end! Great job making such a challenging map look easy~

No worries!

Yeah, his LHB is pretty tough, so I was surprised just how easy it all became just through Goad Fliers. I guess Hrid couldn't quite believe what he was seeing. xD Yeah, Sword Fighter was pretty tough, so I was surprised at how easily Naesala ended him during enemy phase. Killing Hrid was also a problem until I combined Naesala's Desperation with Goad Fliers. It honestly changed up so much. Thanks!

On 4.4.2019 at 3:54 PM, mampfoid said:

It's still hard to believe how good Tibarn is and you bring him to his full potential. Funnily the one unit he didn't one-round was green. Naesala took care of Hrid. 

Wow, you killed Innes for Goad Fliers? Do you have a remaining copy? 

Congrats! Some beasty days we've had. ;-) 

(Sorry I forgot to reply to this before. haha;;)

His strength does boggle the mind. Though I do hope to get another copy of him someday so I can fix his Def bane. 

Mope, he was my only one. But considering I was so salty about his Atk bane, I never even used him, so I thought sacrificing him would be okay. Strangely, I just never find myself using Axefliers other than NY!Azura. 

And thanks! Beast days may be over, but that just means the usual crew returns! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

@NegativeExponents- That clear was beast! (Yeah... bad joke that I'm pretty sure I've used before but at least it wasn't intentional this time.) Keaton does his usual thing and Panne/Naesala chip in but Nailah was really the pillar for this one. Taking out high danger level threats and taking punishment over and over again while keeping herself just barely alive with noontime. Just goes to show how valuable she is as a unit despite being some of the most if not the most valuable fodder in the entire game. Easily the star here. Sorry for the half month long reply but this was just awesome. Music choice was top notch as well.

@Nanima It never ceases to amaze me watching these birds. The way they fly in, kill so many enemies and still effortlessly position themselves outside of the range of the enemy just astounds me. When I think about the fact that I have all of these units sometimes I question why I don't just do the same thing to clear the tough maps... Then I remember I have Matthew.

@eclipse @daisy jane @Xenomata @silverserpent @Ginko @mcsilas @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @DLNarshen @Rafiel's Aria @Alexmender @Landmaster

Knocking another one out early Halloween guys. Two clears again, checking boxes. First is the Serra clear.

For this one Serra is sticking with her Razzle Dazzle double brazen set. Azura needed RES Ploy to weaken the Armor enough for Serra to ORKO it and Fae embarrassingly enough couldn't deal with the Barrier Blade reinforcement to the bottom right so Serra had to retreat to the south to help her out even though she could have dealt with the top half of the map pretty quickly otherwise. Aside from that this one was pretty smooth. Serra was able to get into brazen range almost immediately and you should know what to expect when that happens.

This one was actually an improv. I didn't have any special clears I was capable of doing (Askr trio was too weak for a clear, Nifl siblings don't work because I don't have Ylgr and I'm giving Hector and Co. a break) or ideas so I wasn't going to do it. I actually was inspired by the song I used in the clear (been listening to a lot of Hiroyuki Sawano if you can tell). The song reminded me of Roy for some reason, the music playing to him sweeping with GF was a pretty sight in my head so I decided to run with it. Ended up finding him some flashy partners in Odin and Lewyn. Throw in Leanne for good measure and we've got ourselves a clear with Flair. I guess we'll make that the theme: Flaaaair.

Odin needed DEF/RES Link (as he was always meant to have) to perform and the Armor once again had to be ployed. Leanne was a fairly random choice for the 4th slot, but as it turned out the healing she gave Roy helped him avoid an exact kill later in the clear if you can believe it. Talk about coincidences.

This is one of those clears not to think too hard about in terms of themes or difficulty. Just a fun little ride with a bop to it. Enjoy.

Next up is Yune. I'll touch on her and probably Duma/Naga over the weekend. Forgot to do an Abyssal clear now that I think about it. Oh well.

Cheers~

@Zeo Ooof, that Shining Bow archer scared me when he was gonna attack Serra but once again Miracle does it job! Also being a staff meant Dazzling rendered Hrid's DC useless which was nice. Interesting how Serra took the time to help out Fae for the Barrier Blade swordie, so nice of her!

Odin in a clear!!!! Yeah Def/Res link was meant for him, impressive how he easily handles Hrid! Lewyn's Forseti is always so satisfying to see with SS goodness. Gosh I really hope I can snag a Brave Roy one day, maybe I should save up for his rerun. Nice fun song, too! Also it confused me when I saw Roy walk on water but I forget those were ice tiles

On 10/31/2019 at 6:07 AM, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- That clear was beast! (Yeah... bad joke that I'm pretty sure I've used before but at least it wasn't intentional this time.) Keaton does his usual thing and Panne/Naesala chip in but Nailah was really the pillar for this one. Taking out high danger level threats and taking punishment over and over again while keeping herself just barely alive with noontime. Just goes to show how valuable she is as a unit despite being some of the most if not the most valuable fodder in the entire game. Easily the star here. Sorry for the half month long reply but this was just awesome. Music choice was top notch as well.

@Nanima It never ceases to amaze me watching these birds. The way they fly in, kill so many enemies and still effortlessly position themselves outside of the range of the enemy just astounds me. When I think about the fact that I have all of these units sometimes I question why I don't just do the same thing to clear the tough maps... Then I remember I have Matthew.

@eclipse @daisy jane @Xenomata @silverserpent @Ginko @mcsilas @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @DLNarshen @Rafiel's Aria @Alexmender @Landmaster

Knocking another one out early Halloween guys. Two clears again, checking boxes. First is the Serra clear.

For this one Serra is sticking with her Razzle Dazzle double brazen set. Azura needed RES Ploy to weaken the Armor enough for Serra to ORKO it and Fae embarrassingly enough couldn't deal with the Barrier Blade reinforcement to the bottom right so Serra had to retreat to the south to help her out even though she could have dealt with the top half of the map pretty quickly otherwise. Aside from that this one was pretty smooth. Serra was able to get into brazen range almost immediately and you should know what to expect when that happens.

This one was actually an improv. I didn't have any special clears I was capable of doing (Askr trio was too weak for a clear, Nifl siblings don't work because I don't have Ylgr and I'm giving Hector and Co. a break) or ideas so I wasn't going to do it. I actually was inspired by the song I used in the clear (been listening to a lot of Hiroyuki Sawano if you can tell). The song reminded me of Roy for some reason, the music playing to him sweeping with GF was a pretty sight in my head so I decided to run with it. Ended up finding him some flashy partners in Odin and Lewyn. Throw in Leanne for good measure and we've got ourselves a clear with Flair. I guess we'll make that the theme: Flaaaair.

Odin needed DEF/RES Link (as he was always meant to have) to perform and the Armor once again had to be ployed. Leanne was a fairly random choice for the 4th slot, but as it turned out the healing she gave Roy helped him avoid an exact kill later in the clear if you can believe it. Talk about coincidences.

This is one of those clears not to think too hard about in terms of themes or difficulty. Just a fun little ride with a bop to it. Enjoy.

Next up is Yune. I'll touch on her and probably Duma/Naga over the weekend. Forgot to do an Abyssal clear now that I think about it. Oh well.

Cheers~

Oh, so we’re one-rounding 80 HP armors AND Hrid in one turn now? Double Brazen Serra didn’t come to play any games here. Usually Fae takes on a good portion of the foes but Serra very frankly ran through this one. Awesome job! 

Seeing Odin one round Hrid brings a smile to my face. He was pretty powerful in this clear. And here I thought he’d just be a Link bot. Roy Galeforcing all over the place is always fun. Lewyn is sexy as usual, never mad about seeing him, too. This was a team effort and a great one, too~

• 9 months later...
On 5/31/2019 at 5:26 PM, Flying Shogi said:

Nice try Hríd but we don't like debuffs.

Hide contents

I actually had my doubts about Reinhardt getting past Hrid's high Res, but it looks like Swordbreaker 1 worked!

I couldn't even do Lunatic when I first tried this map. It's quite difficult. Good thing I can fall back on the new units. Having Lilith of all units tank an attack felt strange.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I couldn't even do Lunatic when I first tried this map. It's quite difficult. Good thing I can fall back on the new units. Having Lilith of all units tank an attack felt strange.

Yeah, this map doesn't give you a lot of room to work with when there are cavalry reinforcements. 

Seeing Catria take on the lower right side of the map makes me wonder if even needs healing once she gets into Vantage range. Her damage output never ceases to amaze.