Legendary Hero Battle: Hrid

LoneStar

Agh! That damn cleric keeps messing up my Infernal attempts with Gravity. Probably bashed my head against the wall 30 or 40 times by now. I still stand by trying to do it without any dirty cheese (read: anything but non-dancer infantry :V), but it's proving difficult. Might have to radically revamp my team setup, because the regulars aren't cutting it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

To sum it up: FUCK. THIS. MAP.

That looked hard indeed, many close moments (Veronica surviving with 1 HP for example). Too bad you had to invest into an alternative set for Veronica.

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

It's funny how we both ended up pushing a Falchion user into range so that he could finish with Astra.

Yeah, that's what you get when you hide in an Abyssal corner: Getting a Falchion pushed directly in front of your nose. 

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

As long as that axe knight keeps appearing in LHBs, Caeda's a very good investment

Do you think it's always the same poor guy? 

I'm notouriously short on Cordelias. A lot of units are waiting for GF. 

@Alkaid

Just noticed that I forgot to leave my comments on your clear itself. That Camilla really tore the place apart, nice work! Do you have plans for a full-on Camilla Emblem clear?

@mampfoid

My favorite part, in dialogue form:

Alm: Prepare to die! *Throws down Shield, and leaps into the air*

Axe Flier: Wait! I can activate Escutcheon.

Alm: B-but I’m...uh...ok, fine. *calmly hangs around in midair while Escutcheon activates*

Are you planning on keeping all One-Turn animations on now? I have been because I figured the videos are short enough anyway.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Do you think it's always the same poor guy? 

He’s a glutton for punishment. He didn’t even bother packing his Wary Fighter this time.

Are you pulling blue this Legendary banner? It’s a nice chance to try for both Lucina & Cordelia (Knight Paragon) copies.

@Baldrick

Welcome aboard! Another Caeda user, as well, I see. We’ll get along nicely.

Nice use of Obstruct and Lucina. I honestly completely forgot about Lucina for this one, which is a little odd, because there was a stretch where I was actively looking for reasons to put her in. Future Vision is amazing.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

@LordFrigid making Caeda take a Moonbow to the face... you're a hard taskmaster indeed. Is that your usual team composition? I like it, everyone plays their role.

If, by “usual team composition”, you mean “Caeda is on the team”, then yes. She’s the only constant in my One-Turn clears, unit-wise. Besides that, this is actually just the 2nd appearance for both Raven and Tiki (though now I see I missed the opportunity to field Marth...oh well). Roy appears often enough, I suppose.

Edited by LordFrigid

@mampfoid It's a good one when Smite is involved. Very nice! Alm being the only one without Galeforce felt wrong.

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@Alkaid

Just noticed that I forgot to leave my comments on your clear itself. That Camilla really tore the place apart, nice work! Do you have plans for a full-on Camilla Emblem clear?

Thanks! I might try it, though I'm sure it'll be tough without a dancer. I think I might need some things like a Galeforce build on NY Camilla as well to help make a more efficient team for that. Until we get a dancer Camilla. Christmas caroler Camilla?

27 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

My favorite part, in dialogue form:

Alm: Prepare to die! *Throws down Shield, and leaps into the air*

Axe Flier: Wait! I can activate Escutcheon.

Alm: B-but I’m...uh...ok, fine. *calmly hangs around in midair while Escutcheon activates*

Are you planning on keeping all One-Turn animations on now? I have been because I figured the videos are short enough anyway.

Ha, that's how it went. Alm leaps from a friendly Smite of course. :-)

How would you visualize a leaping Astra? 

I kept animations on since I found out how to record with audio. I'm not sure if to keep it that way, I like my videos short. 

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It's a good one when Smite is involved. Very nice! Alm being the only one without Galeforce felt wrong.

Thanks!

Well, at least Roy didn't proc his GF out of sympathy for Alm. Perhaps one day when I get flooded by Cordelias... 

/Edit: Camilla will be a dancer on the Hoshidean Christmas banner. 

Edited by mampfoid

Finally done! For once B!Lucina had to sit the fight out since Hrid would just mulch her. L!Ike was as crucial as ever though.

1. M!Kana+1: Earth blessing, +Def refine on Water Breath+, Swap, Swordbreaker 3, Atk/Def Bond 3 seal
  2. Julia+1: Summoner support, Swap, Glacies, Fury 3, QR2, Drive Spd 2, Atk+3 seal
  3. L!Ike+1: Reposition, Axebreaker 3, DD3 seal
  4. Arvis+4: Draw Back, Iceberg, Fury 3, Res+3 seal

For the first time in a long, long while I had to put SI on a unit specifically for the map. I gave Kana the Earth blessing and both Swap and Pivot over the course of my many attempts. My shame knows no bounds...

Gah. This was horrible. My seals and skills are all over the dang place. I ended up having to use Veronica. A variation of my Arena team Foot Eirika, Amelia, and a Spooky Monster was working pretty well. But eventually Eirika or the other support would bite the dust. In the end I used Flying Ninian. Mostly for Chill Attack and dance. Chill attack isn't needed for the Spooky Monster to tank the entire first wave, but it leaves her in a far more comfortable zone. And dancing is a needed skill. The second reason is that red sword. No. She can't hurt it. But with TA she can wall it for several turns freeing my movement zone up greatly.

So the final team was Amelia, Flying Ninian, Veronica, and a Spooky Monster. The Monster kills pretty much everybody while everyone else watches. Seriously. Anyone telling me to go -SPD on her can go eat it. -SPD would have made this unworkable since she wouldn't have been able to double Hrid on EP. It is too late right now for me to go about videoing it, but I might do it after I wake up/go to work/get home. Or not. There isn't really much of a theme.

Worst part is? Had I started with Veronica and Flying Ninian I wouldn't have wasted any feathers or fodder since in the end that team already had the needed skills. I burnt

20k feathers for a Clair merge since she needed one more speed to double the sword.
2 Triangle Adept fodders for various blue supports.
2 Drive Res fodders, because if I played it out a certian way either Myrrh or Amelia would get hit for exact HP by either the blue dragon or a green mage.
1 Draw back fodder because repo left the wrong unit in the line of fire.
And now my seals/skill setups look like someone tossed a handful of hyperactive toddlers into them. I will likely be spending the next two or three weeks sorting back out that mess and getting ticked in AA when my 'counter' isn't equipped like it should be, because I forgot to set it back.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Hilda Galeforce and beaming skills are already best ingredients for a great clear. Sharena almost looked a little disappointed to take out Hrid so easily, perhaps the tried to be the gentleman? 

Will you go for a +10 Hrid btw.? 

Hold my Ale. The Nifl Siblings are currently battling Ryoma! Coming soon ._.

8 hours ago, Baldrick said:

The reinforcements probably saw your team and said "Hrid isn't paying us enough to deal with this".

@LordFrigid making Caeda take a Moonbow to the face... you're a hard taskmaster indeed. Is that your usual team composition? I like it, everyone plays their role.

Here's my application to the one-turn club:

I forgot to show it off in the video, but here are the builds:

Hide contents

Sothe_H.jpg

Marth_H.jpg

Caeda_H.jpg

Lucina_H.jpg

Cool, use of Sothe and L!Lucina. I see L&D 1 was needed for Sothe to survive with 1HP~ Really nice!

7 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I suppose that's one way to circumvent Gjöll's effect.

@Landmaster @mampfoid Meanwhile, he's my shameful clear. Shoutouts to the Lucius who died for this.

To sum it up: FUCK. THIS. MAP. This is the second Abyssal that has sent me running for a guide (special thanks to PM1), though in this case I only needed to see one thing before puzzling out the rest: that Hríd was in range of Savage Pain. His Panic Ploy not only gave him another debuff to proc Gjöll's effect, but it also screwed up a lot of match-ups due to inverting Titania's buffs, leading to a lot of stupid deaths, so eventually I bit the bullet and the feathers and gave Veronica the cancer tools. I'm convinced knocking out Panic Ploy with AOE spam is the only way to do this map defensively, because goddamn.

The biggest problems by far were the two Green Mages, especially the cavalier who has effective damage on three of my units which almost made me consider building a new team. Fortunately I discovered a weird thing where moving Titania to the left at the beginning causes the Green Cavalier to go around the ice instead of across it??? I'm really not sure why, but it got me the win. Once Hríd's Panic Ploy was broken and F!Grima could deal with him and the Green Mages, the map suddenly became a lot easier now that I had a corner to avoid all the Ploys.

You also succumbed to the Pain+ shenanigans and got it to work (I also had to kill a Lucius, RIP, though bad news is I'm never gonna beat this map because I have nothing for the manakete). This map is insane, those Green Mages are a giant pain, even without being particularly weak to them, so it's really impressive you got past them despite being heavily weak to them. Grima's chip damage with Growing Wind makes getting rid of this disgusting wave of enemies a bit easier. And having Veronica always helps. Congrats on being free of this hellhole of a map~

@LordFrigid

Wow you sure are blasting through these, 3 abyssal and cleared the first day. I only did abyssal Lucina and Ryoma yesterday and delayed Hrid after seeing it won't go as smooth.

Meanwhile you did not only beat them, but also have your special clears in place. I am truly amazed, well done.

@mampfoid

Good job. Nice use of Galeforce to push Alm into place. You make that look so easy, that I was somewhat tempted to try a one turm myself, as this map keeps annoying me. But one skill here, another to get that kill, a couple of WoM, that is expensive. But it makes me respect you and LordFrigid even more, that you're always commmit to that.

Also wait? No Galeforce on Alm? The theme is ruined!

19 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Dreamilla is a monster.

Wow, I love fliers, so I was tempted to get her, but decided that Summer Tana and Aversa would suffice for now. Now I kind of regret that and am not sure I can resist next time, she sure does look good.

Nice showcase, really well done. You demolish everything with Camilla, meanwhile I struggle with four units, but it was sure nice to see these annoying units get crushed.

Keep it up.

8 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

To sum it up: FUCK. THIS. MAP.

This, so much.

If I avoid the visible flier buffs, I can get Grima to barely live through Hrids attacks and nearly kill on the counter, I get the kill if I shuffle ally supports around, but I am not sure if that is such a big help as the healer is free to gravity me then and one of my fliers always ends up in a spot to get taken out. (Can I get a flier guidance seal please?)

Good to see you got it done and you didn't even have to switch your team. Getting rid of panic and making the healer run out of the way with savage blow was really smart. Nice execution to keep everyone alive and finishing the rest off. Good job.

4 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Wow, I love fliers, so I was tempted to get her, but decided that Summer Tana and Aversa would suffice for now. Now I kind of regret that and am not sure I can resist next time, she sure does look good.

Nice showcase, really well done. You demolish everything with Camilla, meanwhile I struggle with four units, but it was sure nice to see these annoying units get crushed.

Keep it up.

If you run the same kind of blade tome build on Summer Tana or another of your red mages, you can probably do the same thing I did with Camilla. The dancers just need WoM and that 2 are able to survive and whittle down/kill that blue manakete. You might only need 1, but that's just how it worked out for me. Stuff like Celica with her refine and Special Spiral AOE Ophelia can also pull it off. (though you might not have those, as I don't)

I definitely had a hard time trying to use a more typical team before I went full blade + dancer gimmicks. The reinforcements + ploys/panics were ruining my day for a while.

18 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Good job. Nice use of Galeforce to push Alm into place. You make that look so easy, that I was somewhat tempted to try a one turm myself, as this map keeps annoying me. But one skill here, another to get that kill, a couple of WoM, that is expensive. But it makes me respect you and LordFrigid even more, that you're always commmit to that.

Thank you!  

Yeah, it's my main project and each Galeforce unit eats a lot of resources. Not only weapons, GF itself, A- and B-skills, but also all kinds of buffs/debuffs to get the kills done. Every Cordelia/Cain values like a 5* unit for me. 

To be honest I've been a little lazy with the old maps which got Abyssal added with their rerun. Solving Lyn, Lucina and Ryoma originally at Infernal in one turn was interesting and challenging. Having to solve the same thing again, just with more bloated stats isn't that motivating for me. Did it with Grima and Hector, but Lyn, Ryoma and Lucina will have to wait. 

28 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Also wait? No Galeforce on Alm? The theme is ruined!

Ha, he already was featured in some of my clears. Galeforce would be cool on him, but he needs it less than many others in the queue. 

@mampfoid Amazing beatdown as usual! Didn't even need a dancer, although Brave!Roy couldn't quite manage the Galeforce. It was great seeing Alm here. He really didn't have any patience with that Blue Dragon god do I feel him on this. Congrats!

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid Amazing beatdown as usual! Didn't even need a dancer, although Brave!Roy couldn't quite manage the Galeforce. It was great seeing Alm here. He really didn't have any patience with that Blue Dragon god do I feel him on this. Congrats!

Thanks! 

Yeah Roy would have needed some tweaks to proc Heavy Blade (or something similar), but in the end it wasn't necessary. 

Who is patient with blue dragons? Brave Falchion is stupidly strong in these situations (exception was Abyssal Tiki sitting on a defensive tile). 

How to deal with Freezing Seal: bombard Hríd from 4 spaces away.

Poor guy. Note that the cleric cannot be on a horse (Keen Gronnwolf), and needs to have decent Spd; 32+ should be safe...though I think Wrathful refine, 26+ 31 Spd (Edit: lower than 31 seems likely to change the manakete’s movement), and G Tomebreaker might work too.

Edit: and another Julia Assisted Solo, because the last one amused me.

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm notouriously short on Cordelias. A lot of units are waiting for GF. 

I can imagine. I'd send you some of my stock if I could, I don't have any plans for them.

8 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Welcome aboard! Another Caeda user, as well, I see. We’ll get along nicely.

Nice use of Obstruct and Lucina. I honestly completely forgot about Lucina for this one, which is a little odd, because there was a stretch where I was actively looking for reasons to put her in. Future Vision is amazing.

If, by “usual team composition”, you mean “Caeda is on the team”, then yes. She’s the only constant in my One-Turn clears, unit-wise. Besides that, this is actually just the 2nd appearance for both Raven and Tiki (though now I see I missed the opportunity to field Marth...oh well). Roy appears often enough, I suppose.

She'll probably be my first choice for any future attempts, I've invested too much in her to replace her.

Don't forget about her! If you can't pair Caeda with Marth, his stunt double is the next best thing.

Raven is cool, he had the bad luck of Linus coming out when I was on the verge of promoting him. Tiki isn't the first unit I'd think of for one-turn clears, but she's proven very good at finishing off so far.

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Cool, use of Sothe and L!Lucina. I see L&D 1 was needed for Sothe to survive with 1HP~ Really nice!

The margin was razor thin. I was worried I was going to have to burn a Hinata because he needed the speed to double.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

How to deal with Freezing Seal: bombard Hríd from 4 spaces away.

That seems fun. I might try it with my own Savage Blower.

Okay happy happy happy.  (claps)

Level 10  - piece of cake. 
Level 30 - a little tricky, and a few restarts, my girls could handle it.. it was more trying to also see who respawned where, and how to prepare for level 40.
Level 40 - holy crap, this took a bit. I had to remove Fjorm, she kept dying even with Distant Def 3. So I put Surtr instead (really wishing he wasn't -def, because he seriously can take a LOT of hits and he's good but it just makes you think.. if he wasn't minus def...) anyway. he took his hits from the green mage on the left, and the ninja, and the spawning armoured lance, while The Girls (Minizura, TLB!Myrrh, and L!Tiki took on Hrid's annoying ass and his friends. 

i think what is kinda bummery..i am always so shocked and amazed when i beat it, i don't think i could repeat it even if i tried LOL. but i am so proud of me! i did it on my own! (this is always such a big deal for me, that i can do these things on my own with no guides. 

:) I know for a fact I won't be able to do Infernal, - most guides are using veronica (don't have) or healers who can run double pain (can't do that either). so i'll just wait until he re-runs (or-re-reruns). - it took me ages to get Robin's infernal, so i can be patient. 

@Landmaster

Carrying the Lachesis discussion over here.

If your other units are identical, I’m betting that the Manakete is going after her because it can double and KO her. I don’t suppose you have anyone faster, or some way to kick her Spd up? 31 should do it.

Edited by LordFrigid

@Zeo @mampfoid @Ginko @NegativeExponents- @Landmaster @Rafiel's Aria @daisy jane @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Azuris @Nanima @Usana

So. This map can be really annoying, and those ice bridges sure made me do a double take. But at least I can finally do a proper Ice Emblem clear on an ice map!

Hrid LHB clear with units associated with Ice or wielding Ice-related weapons (Maltet is the Blizzard Spear while Audhulma is the Ice Blade, Flora is from the Ice tribe and Ninian is an Ice Dragon)

Team is +Spd/-HP Flora, +Atk/-HP Bride Ninian, +Res/-HP Brave Hector and neutral Joshua

Music is Ice Place from the King of Fighters 2000 soundtrack (I can finally properly use this!)

-Everyone did their part here, and all the seals were really important. Probably the main MVP is Bride Ninian, as her Guidance seal allowed needed mobility for everyone, especially Bector and his armour movement. I originally had her Chill Atk for the theme but she really needed WoM to dance Flora out of the lance cavalier's range (and her flier mobility helped so she can dance on the water tile). Also Atk Tactic is such a great investment on her, I really need more Legaults.

Also who cares about Gravity effect if Ninian's Guidance can help Flora reach the other side of the map (after another dance)!

-Flora shows her strength in cold environments. Oh and also maps with green mages. I sure am glad she's a coloured dagger for this map- she deals really good damage even on the axe armour. Also her Atk Smoke is crucial so my +Res Bector can survive as much as he can, with enough HP to tank the enemies (or in a later case, cause the lance cavalier to target Ninian instead of KOing him). 

Also, while not in the final clear, Flora can even KO the blue manakete with Iceberg if she has Drive Atk support AND can also counter kill the bow cav if she has Distant Def seal. Also her Res is so high she can Atk Ploy that darn manakete if she equipped it for more survivability. Oh and at full health she can also deal with Hrid (but enemies around him would be a problem).

-Bector is a beast. I am so glad I had him as +Res, even if it's not the most ideal boon. With his Res Wave, he barely survived that turn while battling the darn manakete.

-Brazen Atk/Res works really well with Joshua since he needs a little bit of oomph with his stats. He did his job holding down the corner, and had to bait the green mage and keep it occupied (otherwise the axe flier breaks the ice and green mage targets someone else).

Oh if you haven't noticed, they wore the Nifl accessories for more themed fun.

----

Also as a bonus, this clear is my actual first clear (and gave me the idea to do the Ice clear since it uses half of the units). As soon as I saw that darn Bold Fighter lance armour, all bets were off and it was fair game for me to use my own broken armours. Horse Emblem didn't work, so I'm glad this one worked better. I love EP units.

So yeah my original clear AKA Flora accompanies Ninian in showing her fellow dragons the beauty of ice

Hrid LHB clear with units associated with Ice or wielding Ice-related weapons.

Team is +Spd/-HP Flora, +Atk/-HP Bride Ninian, +Res/-HP Halloween Myrrh and +Atk/-Spd Legendary Tiki

Music is Diamond Dust from the King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match soundtrack

-Armored March + Guidance is 

----

Late comments!

@Alkaid Wow, Dreamilla sure ate up that 99 HP armour for breakfast! Also jealous of Skylivia as well, but her and Axura make a great combo for your Dreamilla to just sweep! Flying dancers help make this map a bit easier

@mampfoid Argh, so jealous you have an Alm! Really clever use of Smite from Cherche to get Alm in range! Also interesting to see the return of Armourslayer B!Roy again but then I remembered this was Abyssal and not Infernal.

@LordFrigid Caeda did well to tank Hrid with a sliver of HP left to spare. Galeforce Raven looks like a fun setup and Tiki did her job no-selling the axe flier! Fun to see lunge on that Roy (another Armourslayer Roy as well!)

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hrid LHB clear with units associated with Ice or wielding Ice-related weapons.

Team is +Spd/-HP Flora, +Atk/-HP Bride Ninian, +Res/-HP Halloween Myrrh and +Atk/-Spd Legendary Tiki

Music is Diamond Dust from the King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match soundtrack

-Armored March + Guidance is.. 

Bah I pressed post too early by mistake and I can't edit it anymore so excuse the double post.

What i meant to say is Armored March + Guidance + Dance is such a fun combo to use to bypass armour movement. Also once again bulky Aether dragons are really proving their worth in reinforcement maps, and it's amazing how Myrrh doesn't even care that the armour had a Hammer (maybe in Abyssal she will though..)

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Bah I pressed post too early by mistake and I can't edit it anymore so excuse the double post.

What i meant to say is Armored March + Guidance + Dance is such a fun combo to use to bypass armour movement. Also once again bulky Aether dragons are really proving their worth in reinforcement maps, and it's amazing how Myrrh doesn't even care that the armour had a Hammer (maybe in Abyssal she will though..)

this was such an amazing clear. good job. :)
actually ;) if the game blesses me with Flora... maybe i could repeat this as i have everyone else.....

Edited by daisy jane

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

this was such an amazing clear. good job. :)
actually ;) if the game blesses me with Flora... maybe i could repeat this as i have everyone else.....

Thanks!

It might be doable with Felicia (most of Flora's job was mage-killing and Iceberg bombing). I don't exactly have a built Felicia but at least with her plate and Speed she can deal enemies like the armours faster than Flora. Theoretically anyway, not sure how the enemies will move if you suddenly change to a colourless maid instead of a red one.

Edited by mcsilas