Dcat's soda pop adventures

Dragoncat

Two days in a row I have had something interesting happen to me while I was going to satisfy my fizzy drink craving. I am like addicted to that stuff.

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 27 2018

I work Mondays and Tuesdays in a kind of internship/job study at a computer store. A few places are located conveniently close to it:

• My bank
  • A Pokemon Go gym and a pokestop
  • A Taco Johns (pretty much a Wyoming exclusive, although there is one I know of across the nearby Nebraska border)
  • A gas station

I decided I wanted a pop and I had some cash, but I had just hit the Taco Johns the day before, and I just wanted a drink. So to the gas station I went.

I'm by the drink coolers when a guy walks in. "Where's the piss room?" He demands. The cashier hands him a key on a stick. "No need to be disrespectful, there's a lady standing there!" Now for a woman who was mistaken for a male until she grew all the necessary curves, this was amusing and flattering. The word "piss" doesn't offend me at all, I just thought it was kind of funny. I buy a liter bottle and go on my merry way.

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 28 2018

I do not drive, it's a long story involving a wrecked neighbor's fence...that's irrelevant. I take public transportation and have relatives give me rides. Within walking distance from my apartment complex is a Burger King and a Shopko store. The apartment complex is also right next to a trailer house park.

I'm making my way to Shopko, and I'm heading past the brown trailer house with three dogs in a fence beside it. One of the dogs, a medium small shepherd looking thing, has gotten out. He runs at me and nips at my legs and my phone flies out of my jacket pocket and lands face down in the middle of the street, but is relatively unscathed thanks to the case.

I'm picking up my phone and dodging this dog when a lady drives past. "Is this your dog?" She asks. "No." I say. "I was just walking past." After a brief interaction the lady suggests I call the police to report. The dog does not chase me when I'm a good distance away, but still in sight of the brown trailer house.

I call the police, they say somebody's on their way and to wait. While I'm waiting a silver van pulls up to the brown trailer house and a lady steps out and puts the dog in the house. The cop shows up. The lady who lived in that trailer seemed really nice, I told her I don't want to cause drama but that dog has been out before when I was walking once, but this is the first time he's done this. I tell her she's lucky I'm an animal person and I understand that sometimes dogs can be naughty but this doesn't need to be happening and the cop agrees. The cop lets her off with a warning after she brings out the dog's rabies vaccination papers. As for me, I have no bite marks on my leg, no slobber or anything, so it could have been a lot worse.

I continue my trek to Shopko. On my way back the police car is still there, and it appears that the cop went inside the brown trailer house for further discussion. I bring my drink inside to finish it.

25 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

"Where's the piss room?"

I'm totally gonna say this from now on. By any chance, was the guy Cockney British? I feel like that's something you could easily say in a Cockney dialect.

I've never actually heard of Shopko or Taco John's. Maybe it's because I've lived on the East Coast my whole life, but it's cool to hear about new places. Maybe Papa John's is related to Taco John's? Or has Papa John moved on to bigger and better business interests after getting fired from his own business? Find out next time on Dragonball Z!

2 hours ago, indigoceans said:

I'm totally gonna say this from now on. By any chance, was the guy Cockney British? I feel like that's something you could easily say in a Cockney dialect.

He was Hispanic I think.

But thank you for giving me another potential Reynism for Xenoblade fanfic.

As for Taco John's:

https://www.tacojohns.com/company/history/

Founder was a dude named John and "taco tuesday" was actually invented by this franchise.

Edited by Dragoncat

On 11/28/2018 at 7:53 PM, Dragoncat said:

Founder was a dude named John and "taco tuesday" was actually invented by this franchise

Wait, really? That's so cool, I never knew! It seems as though the East Coast has been missing out (I think, I haven't gone along the entire coast).

Ha, they even trademarked it.

34 minutes ago, indigoceans said:

Wait, really? That's so cool, I never knew! It seems as though the East Coast has been missing out (I think, I haven't gone along the entire coast).

Ha, they even trademarked it.

Taco John's potato oles >>>> anything from Taco Bell.