December 2018 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

2 hours ago, Azuris said:

So, that would make it likely that Grima returns with Xander. I'll take that.

But it would be nice, if Niles could wait for Lucina on march. She likes that Link skill.

I suppose that would be pretty convenient for people who want both, but I imagine they won't do that since previous banners indicate otherwise when there are characters too alike. Legendary Hector doesn't appear with other green armors. Olwen (G) was skipped over on this current banner with Gunnthra. Likewise, I wouldn't expect Quan on a banner with Ephraim, new male Corrin with Tiki, or Laegjarn with Ryoma, though in some of these cases, their stats and unique skills are rather different.

I'm also suspecting that if the new legendary is a healer, then they'd probably be infantry and not tailored to be an offensive powerhouse like Veronica.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Johann said:

I suppose that would be pretty convenient for people who want both, but I imagine they won't do that since previous banners indicate otherwise when there are characters too alike. Legendary Hector doesn't appear with other green armors. Olwen (G) was skipped over on this current banner with Gunnthra. Likewise, I wouldn't expect Quan on a banner with Ephraim, new male Corrin with Tiki, or Laegjarn with Ryoma, though in some of these cases, their stats and unique skills are rather different.

I'm also suspecting that if the new legendary is a healer, then they'd probably be infantry and not tailored to be an offensive powerhouse like Veronica.

i would bank on a flying Healer with the offensiv power and support of Veronica but more utility due to Flyer skills.

A infantry healer wont get people to spent orbs because they are usually underwhelming.

also they try to spread out movement types. We have 4 cavs, 5 infantry, 2 armors and 2 flying.

It might also be an Armor Healer. The Paladin in shining armor (Light blesding) whobuses staves or something like that.

so maybe this one flying and the next colorless armored

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

i would bank on a flying Healer with the offensiv power and support of Veronica but more utility due to Flyer skills.

A infantry healer wont get people to spent orbs because they are usually underwhelming.

also they try to spread out movement types. We have 4 cavs, 5 infantry, 2 armors and 2 flying.

It might also be an Armor Healer. The Paladin in shining armor (Light blesding) whobuses staves or something like that.

so maybe this one flying and the next colorless armored

That's make sense too, yeah. I guess it can be summed up that I think a cavalry healer is the least likely.

10 hours ago, Johann said:

Or they rerun Innes again and push the healers back, so we get Grima, Xander, Loki for March. But I kinda doubt that, that would be too good.

10 hours ago, Hilda said:

Oh yes, please. Even though this means no christmas and new year units for me.

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

Or they rerun Innes again and push the healers back, so we get Grima, Xander, Loki for March. But I kinda doubt that, that would be too good.

I think Takumi would be next on reruns if they continued them, but yeah that'd be a pretty nice line-up

On 30.11.2018 at 12:00 PM, daisy jane said:

hmmm. if the Dancers are coming in January, i have to set aside even a few more orbs to ensure i try to get Elincia/Ryoma/Xander. 

What are you going to do with all that many dancers? I mean you'll have Airzura (hopefully) by then, Ninian, Micaiah, Olivia, Minizura ... 

An OC light element colorless Legendary would make sense. Together with Veronica and S!Tak-Tak that'd make colorless pretty awesome. Too bad I already got both. 

14 hours ago, Hilda said:

They could make it work with a good enough prf effect. Loki seemed average at first, but she turned out to be an insane unit thanks to her prf's use for Aether Raids.

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What are you going to do with all that many dancers? I mean you'll have Airzura (hopefully) by then, Ninian, Micaiah, Olivia, Minizura ... 

An OC light element colorless Legendary would make sense. Together with Veronica and S!Tak-Tak that'd make colorless pretty awesome. Too bad I already got both. 

options? :D 
Elincia for her dragon killing dagger at least. 

Random thought: What do you guys think about the possibility of getting a legendary refresher unit? Not necessarily in December. I don't even know if I'd be down for that, might end up too cancerous of a unit, but the sheer fanservice potential of it (Dancer!Celica? Dancer!Camilla? Dancer!Tiki? another Azura Alt?) makes me think IS wouldn't be against it...

24 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Random thought: What do you guys think about the possibility of getting a legendary refresher unit? Not necessarily in December. I don't even know if I'd be down for that, might end up too cancerous of a unit, but the sheer fanservice potential of it (Dancer!Celica? Dancer!Camilla? Dancer!Tiki? another Azura Alt?) makes me think IS wouldn't be against it...

why would it be?

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

why would it be?

Why would it be too cancerous? I dunno, I'm just thinking they may end up with something like a prf Dance skill/weapon that gives some insane boost like danced allies get +6 Atk/Spd+Brash Assault or +6 Atk/Spd+Desperation or really any stat boost+skill combination (stat boost+windsweep?) And Legendary units have the right to both a unique prf skill AND weapon

4 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Why would it be too cancerous? I dunno, I'm just thinking they may end up with something like a prf Dance skill/weapon that gives some insane boost like danced allies get +6 Atk/Spd+Brash Assault or +6 Atk/Spd+Desperation or really any stat boost+skill combination (stat boost+windsweep?) And Legendary units have the right to both a unique prf skill AND weapon

that would be awesome.
:D but i like dancers/singers so i'm all for it

On 29/11/2018 at 9:54 AM, Vaximillian said:

OR Micaiah might come in January along with the RD banner, and this time we’re getting a light-aligned Alm with a bow because people apparently like Alm or something. This is possible too.

Alm might do extremely well in CYL3 if this poll is anything to go by. After all, he's going to absorb a lot of Celica votes and he's probably the most "badass" FE lord still remaining so he'll probably absorb some votes from Hector and Ephraim. Surprised he's doing better than Marth though but then again, Marth has two more versions than Alm. 

6 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Alm might do extremely well in CYL3 if this poll is anything to go by. After all, he's going to absorb a lot of Celica votes and he's probably the most "badass" FE lord still remaining so he'll probably absorb some votes from Hector and Ephraim. Surprised he's doing better than Marth though but then again, Marth has two more versions than Alm. 

Where does that poll come from? I'd be thrilled if that was the final result too, especially for the girls' side: Micaiah and Eirika? Yes, please! I'm happy to see Nino do so well too, and would love to see her win CYL4.

Seeing Camilla rank so highly on the other hand though...

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Where does that poll come from? I'd be thrilled if that was the final result too, especially for the girls' side: Micaiah and Eirika? Yes, please! I'm happy to see Nino do so well too, and would love to see her win CYL4.

Seeing Camilla rank so highly on the other hand though...

It comes from a survey done on Reddit. Aren't you upset that Eirika is not number one? Remember that the first place winner gets a prf skill. 

39 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

It comes from a survey done on Reddit. Aren't you upset that Eirika is not number one? Remember that the first place winner gets a prf skill. 

I am, thanks for noticing xD And while I'd prefer her to be first, I also like the idea of getting her and Micaiah.

...maybe it'd be better to get them in CYL3 and 4 respectively, but then again Veronica is the most popular CYL2 Unit and she came second for women, so...

(I would like them both to get unique skills though.)

Anyway, was it that obvious I like Eirika? :P

P.S. Thanks for the link!

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I am, thanks for noticing xD And while I'd prefer her to be first, I also like the idea of getting her and Micaiah.

...maybe it'd be better to get them in CYL3 and 4 respectively, but then again Veronica is the most popular CYL2 Unit and she came second for women, so...

(I would like them both to get unique skills though.)

Anyway, was it that obvious I like Eirika? :P

P.S. Thanks for the link!

I think I've found you on Reddit. I'd like it if both lords win now or else they'll have to compete with Edelgard next year. 

You said you'd rather have Nino and Eirika win so that means we're still in a competition. 

Of course, you made a thread on why she's your favourite female lord. 

No problem!

13 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I think I've found you on Reddit. I'd like it if both lords win now or else they'll have to compete with Edelgard next year. 

You said you'd rather have Nino and Eirika win so that means we're still in a competition. 

Of course, you made a thread on why she's your favourite female lord. 

No problem!

You found me! I didn't expect that to ever happen, what gave it away?

And I totally forgot about Edelgard, thanks for the reminder! So yeah, it probably would be best for both to win this year.

P.S. You remember me wanting Eirika and Nino to win together? Even I don't remember where I said that! xD

Edited by DefyingFates

@Johann I don't know if you are aware but apparently there is another season change.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a3llfy/changes_to_seasons_coming_starting_december_11th/

This time IS themselves came out and announced it. For the rest of December all seasons with water is being replaced with wind and they admitted the week Hrid was released was also supposed to be wind. I guess this month's legendary is also going to be wind? but I guess there is nothing stopping them from changing it again if need be. Light and Dark might not come out until January at least not Legendary Heroes with those elements. Think this changes any of your predictions?

Interesting to note that IS said these changes won't take effect until December 11 which is usually when the monthly update happens.

Edited by NSSKG151

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Interesting to note that IS said these changes won't take effect until December 11 which is usually when the monthly update happens.

Book 3 predictions intensify.

While this could just be the earliest opportunity to implement the changes (since it's the start of a new Arena week), we do get the monthly calendar at this time. Hmm...

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Book 3 predictions intensify.

While this could just be the earliest opportunity to implement the changes (since it's the start of a new Arena week), we do get the monthly calendar at this time. Hmm...

December 11 is also when we should be getting either a New Heroes Banner (hopeful for an Archanea banner considering the love they have been getting recently) or Special Heroes Banner (Christmas themed) so they have to update the game to either 2.12 or 3.0 sometime early next week. I wouldn't be surprised if we got an announcement for it on Sunday or Monday night though at that point I will be too busy playing Smash Bros to care.

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

December 11 is also when we should be getting either a New Heroes Banner (hopeful for an Archanea banner considering the love they have been getting recently) or Special Heroes Banner (Christmas themed) so they have to update the game to either 2.12 or 3.0 sometime early next week. I wouldn't be surprised if we got an announcement for it on Sunday or Monday night though at that point I will be too busy playing Smash Bros to care.

Updating to 2.12 then 3.0 within a month seems wasteful, but I remember how we got Farfetched Heroes two weeks before Book 2. Honestly I'm just happy as long as we get a Book 3 reveal (and hopefully news on the new free OCs) before Monday :P

53 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

@Johann I don't know if you are aware but apparently there is another season change.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a3llfy/changes_to_seasons_coming_starting_december_11th/

This time IS themselves came out and announced it. For the rest of December all seasons with water is being replaced with wind and they admitted the week Hrid was released was also supposed to be wind. I guess this month's legendary is also going to be wind? but I guess there is nothing stopping them from changing it again if need be. Light and Dark might not come out until January at least not Legendary Heroes with those elements. Think this changes any of your predictions?

Yeah, it's hard to use that as a prediction since it's clearly a mistake on their part. According to that, it'll be Wind/Water when the next hero is ready to go, but it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be either of those (and really, two winds in a row seems extremely unlikely given that it's the start of the 4th rotation). As of now, the month of January is expected to be Fire, so it would suggest we get Fire next. Perhaps if the new blessings drop with Book III that'll change, which I suppose is something we'll know the answer to soon enough.

On 30/11/2018 at 12:25 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

The reason I don't really consider that a legendary feat is because it doesn't amount to anything. Its a failed attack and Hrid doesn't really gain any useful info from his venture into Muspel castle either. Its just there to make clear that the guy hasn't been twiddling his thumbs all that time. That its an impressive feat helps hype him up to some degree but its impact on the story is minimal. 

Okay but Lyn is a legendary because she helped Eliwood, Hector and Athos defeat Nergal so she helped save the world. Hrid helped defeat Fjorm and Askr Trio defeat Surtr.