Langrisser M General

redlight

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2019 at 3:06 PM, Stroud said:

Langrisser mobile game comes out next week.(At least for EU finally)
I am thinking about giving it a try and hope that it gets accepted in the west. My fear would be that Langrisser global could be down in a certain time.. I had it with Tales of already. 

Also I want too look at Langrisser 1 and 2 which will come out on switch. Retro gamers may not like the port, but for me it is a chance to learn about a different SRPG.

How would experienced Langrisser player say, is it a good moment to start for newcomers?

The remakes have a "classic" version, which has the original art and stylized "retro" graphics. If you don't like the new art style, I'd definitely recommend watching some of the "classic" mode gameplay.

I'm not an experienced Langrisser player, but from what I read up in other forums, they say Langrisser M is a good starting place because it has refined the combat system and it features the characters' stories. The Time Rift events go over a watered down version of past games.

If you're referring to mainline entries, I think all but the 3DS game is recommended (but I would still give the 3DS game a shot, but it's completely different tonally. The best way to describe it is like the gap between the old FE games and Awakening, if that makes sense)

However, I usually see people praise 2 & 4 the most. I would start out with the first one though because 2 makes so many improvements.

And wow 550k+ pre-registrations! This seems like good news for Zlongames. I hope this means Langrisser 1 & 2 remakes will be considered to come West.

I'm diggin it as well so far, got Dieharte (this game is very inspired of german-ish things as well...) Dieharte roughly translates into the  TheHardOne(female)..

Anyway my ingame name is Python FE 15, i'm on the Salrath server. Good luck on your pulls, i'm saving for an evil dark mage focus (Bozel I believe is his name).

Catch you maybe there!

1 hour ago, fOrEiGn sOUl said:

I'm diggin it as well so far, got Dieharte (this game is very inspired of german-ish things as well...) Dieharte roughly translates into the  TheHardOne(female)..

Anyway my ingame name is Python FE 15, i'm on the Salrath server. Good luck on your pulls, i'm saving for an evil dark mage focus (Bozel I believe is his name).

Catch you maybe there!

Added! I'll be sure to throw friend points over when I can.

For my first impressions some issues I have with the game:

• Account binding through Facebook must be a bad joke. I would rather take a password-based system that the current one.
  • The game is really upfront with its microtransactions. Apparently making a guild is locked behind it as well (the license costs 0.99).
  • The translations leave a lot to be desired, especially for any non-english language. This is actually really bad gameplay-wise because some of the challenge objectives and skill description are botched because of it.
  • The voice acting doesn't match the subtitles which shouldn't be a thing. They should have fixed that during the beta.
  • The level restriction on the main quests is a bit annoying since a lot of mechanics are locked behind story progression.

Aside from these though the game is a lot of fun so far.
It actually feels like a proper SRPG on mobile instead of a watered-down experience like FEH. Despite the slow access to new mechanics it has the benefit of not overwhelming the player and this game has a lot to take in (class rank-ups, transfers, star rank etc.).
The Time Rift mode is amazing for someone who doesn't have any connection to the other Langrisser games and it gives a general idea what happened in those. Even better the mode has some replay value since you can grind some resources like scrolls and cheap equipement plus every story node has multiple challenges like 3-star requirements, bonus objectives and a hidden treasure. You have a lot to do right from the start and there is so much more that can be unlocked (I'm at Chapter 13).

Also Riders have canto, Fliers are OP and you can warp-skip. What do you want more from a Fire Emblem game?

I think my server is Baldea and the username is Ren as usual. Bernhardt is my Avatar.

Edited by Magus of Memery

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Apparently now you can link to google instead of facebook, guess I'll be willing to give this a try if I can free up enough space on my phone.

Let us know! More friends more fun!

I've been playing it and having alot of fun with as well. I especially like the time rift mode, to get to know the lore and the Characters.  I gotta play the main game some time!

I also love the 4th wall breaking the game has going on xD

17 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Also Riders have canto, Fliers are OP and you can warp-skip. What do you want more from a Fire Emblem game?

This so much xD

I also like the active abilities focus this game has, makes it more PP focused and not Armor/Dragon EP spam that is feh

While it does have the usual stuff that annoy me in Gacha, the item farming is atleast bearable thanks to the sweep function. Once you clear a map (and 3 star it) in Time rift, you can just press a button to gain the rewards. So Farming for necessary items is basically 2 Minutes before sleeping pressing some buttons to waste all your bread.

Since i am not really connected to any of the characters yet (since i never played the main games), i will save the Vouchers for the Trails crossover (if it ever comes here, that is xD)

If anyone wants to add me, name is Shrimpy on Salrath server (I am gonna add some of you if you guys don't mind)

Edited by Shrimperor

23 hours ago, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

Added! I'll be sure to throw friend points over when I can.

Hey guys, about befriending: can you send a quick PM including SF, so that I have confirmation - I would like prioritizing members from here, thanks ;)

Decided to check this out and it's pretty fun! Time Rift is a pretty cool mode and I appreciate the sweep function. The gameplay's also really nice. Gacha gave me Elwin Heinand Leon, who I pair with the free Lance and Dieharte, plus the Askr free trio for a pretty nice team.

Linking to facebook is dumb though, I'm not going to do that.

I'm Sylphid on rayguard, hit me up with a friend request if any Serenest Forest dwellers are there.

Edited by Sylphid

Is there a way to reread the main story without starting again on a different server? And in case there isn't, will my account on one server still be there if I hop to another one briefly?

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am a bit annoyed. What is happening with the servers? I can't get past that screen, it always says failed to log in and I have tried all possible ones. Also I had pre-registered from the website will this matter?

Weird, the one I'm on seems to be working. There's a fairly new (as in not there the last time I checked) fifth server that isn't listed as "busy" like the other servers, did you already try that on as well?

I should've made a picture when i defeated her in the mobile game as well xD

That's the SNES one, right? How is it? 

Meanwhile, i am in ch15 in langrisser M, finished Time Rift 1 on both difficulties, and halfway through time Rift 2. Party Lvl25 and lvling up is starting to be a bit of a pain...

The game is pretty fun tho. Just wish more modes had the sweep function

45 minutes ago, Zera said:

I've been playing FE Heroes lately, and it's baaad. Is Langrisser much better (i.e. isn't 3x as complex as deep)?

Depends on why you are playing Feh. Alot of people are playing/played feh due to the connection to franchise/characters. Such a thing most of us don't have with Langrisser. However, Time Rift helps with that a bit.

Imo, Langrisser M feels much more like a FE game more then FEH is. Units have different MoV (3 for foot, 5 for Cavalary/fliers), there's alot of abilities, and units can promote, usually to different classes as well (ala FE8). And while maps do repeat themselves, they aren't all the 8 x 4 bs feh has, infact there are quite different maps with different sizes and stuff

Also, Ponies have Canto and you can warp skip, what more do you ask for XD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Party Lvl25 and lvling up is starting to be a bit of a pain...

Honestly, leveling up wouldn't even be a problem if majority of the game wasn't locked behind your player level... I kept wondering how fast people here were leveling to already have teleport, until I realized that no, I don't have to get to level 24 for my SR mage to learn Teleport at 25. I could have just used the free R mage who I got after said SR.

Sweep is amazing, too bad it's only in one grind mode. Also, I wish they had the kind of map previews Time Rift has for all the other maps.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I should've made a picture when i defeated her in the mobile game as well xD

That's the SNES one, right? How is it? 

Meanwhile, i am in ch15 in langrisser M, finished Time Rift 1 on both difficulties, and halfway through time Rift 2. Party Lvl25 and lvling up is starting to be a bit of a pain...

The SNES one is super good, tons of replay value from it's 5 different routes and the quiz at the start determines Elwin's class. 

It's more focused on you having tons of mooks around your heroes, since everyone has 10 HP much like Advanced Wars, so you're moving in more army like formations. 

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I should give my hand at it after i finish my current games then. There are also the remakes coming soon (although the mobile game looks better, for some reason).

And on the mobile game, i am now stuck due to lvl requirement <.<

Remakes should be fine, hopefully. Although we still don’t have an English confirmation on those last I checked, then again that’s par for the course with Langrisser.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The mobile game is a start, at least ;)

Yup, interestingly enough it’s not in Japan yet, but that’s probably because the Chinese love the series and a fan from the older Chinese cult fandom of the series is in charge of it.

I remember hearing about this in passing through some promos on Youtube. I didn't think much of it at the time, but on a whim I decided to download the game and give it a whirl. (Regrettably, I was a day late in claiming the free SSR as I signed up on the 26th.)

Right now I'm only on Chapter 4, but I am enjoying the gameplay and characters thus far. Alema is quickly becoming my favorite. I tried switching to the English VA, but the words did not much the subtitles and I was already attached to the JP voices. There's also no credit to the English VAs, which seem to stem from VA union issues.

While I am enjoying the game, I after doing some research I am hesitant about its gacha rates as well as its rarity system. Gacha rates are extremely terrible (what else is new?), but apparently low rarity Heroes are worthless. I know the rarer the unit is the better it usually is, but it seems that lower rarity heroes are abysmal and are not worth it outside of a few exceptions. I don't know how much of this is true, but that is what I understood from what little I've read.

Either way, I need to play more to form a more solid opinion.

As for my Friend thingy...
Name: Sire
Server: Carmen City