Langrisser M General

redlight

2 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Well I got Lanford on my first 10 pull so that's nice. Was expecting to pulling a bit more R units and maybe get my first 6* that way, but I'll take this victory against gacha rng.

Oh, I didn't mean her defense stat specifically, just that she kept dying easier. My bad on the confusing wording. I forget what the difference was though, I think I tested with same equipment anyways (aside from weapon since Templar Ledin and Freya can't use the same ones). Could have been bonds as you say, at the moment Freya is definitely behind on those. Nice to know her barbs will work there too eventually.

And congrats on Listell, that's amazing you're only missing 2. I myself am missing Shelfaniel, Listell, Zerida and Jugler. Shelf is my top wanted unit out of them because Princess Faction. The other three I don't really know what I would do with even, except Jugler is a cute and fluffy pet.

Well Ledin does had a built in damage reduction in his talent while Freya doesn't have anything that directly reduce the damage she takes. Her talent does make it every unlikely she'll die to a crit and her pre-battle damage can potentially reduce how much damage she takes if she deals enough damage to kill some of the enemy soldier. Also, she eventually get access to the Valkyrie class and a Magic attack tank skill, so she can rid herself of her weakness to infantries when that comes out. Her star level could also contribute. If you're unlucky while pulling her and focus on Ledin in the Gate of Fate, it's possible you could get Ledin to a higher star level than Freya. I got decently lucky with her and thanks to her Phantom Battle, I'm now at 110/150 as far as shards are concerned. Now I'll have to see whether I get those 2 copies before her Gate of Fate is released. 

Congrats on Lanford in your first 10 pull. Shelf is definitely useful as a AoE spammer, especially once you get her to at least 4* so that her 2 small AoEs only have 1 turn of downtime, meaning that she can AoE every turn if you give her both. I'm shooting for 6* because then all her offensive skills except Heaven's Sanction have no cooldown and even Heaven's Sanction goes down from 5 to a mere 2 turns. I honestly haven't touched Zerida and Jugler all that much because they require a lot of investment. Zerida apparently sucks until her talent is 5* and she needs 6* to be really good and Jugler needs to eat 4 runestones to be good + his personal SSR that allows him to ignore skill cost. 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LuxSpes My Freya's at 62/150 (that event really helped) and Ledin at 12/100. Somehow I had missed the damage reduction in his talent though, was just paying attention to the counter attack part. Valkyrie class sounds interesting, any idea when the Chinese version got that? I would ask when we might be getting it, but to my knowledge global is getting things in a different order.

Speaking of Freya's Gate of Fate, I was bummed to learn Lanford doesn't have his. Was hoping to get some shards for him during this 18 daily tries event, with the usual 9 those shards are a lot more contested, especially once Shelf gets a focus banner and I hopefully get her. I'm also using some of those extra runs to unlock 4th and 5th bond skills for my characters, which is something I hadn't before.

I knew about Jugler taking a lot of runestones (that and him apparently not retaining the fluffy appearance in battle made me decide not to pull specifically for him), but Zerida needing a lot of stars is news to me. That's unfortunate. I was thinking she could be a good holder for my Extreme Magic Bow, but maybe I'll give Diehart that honor when I have enough runestones to give him... Or I could make Narm a melee archer since she doesn't need stones for it.

Regarding Freya:
She has another issue where she completely lacks the option to go on the offensive. The other go-to tanks like Ledin, Vargas and even Aaron can upkeep their Def->Atk conversion permanently by using Guard + Offense skill (e.g. Unbreakable Guard + Power Stab) and considering it's easy to stack Def in lategame their attack can very well grow far beyond what normal equipment could provide (which is much needed because Lancer suck at hitting things).
Freya in comparision loses half of her fixed damage when she attacks (as Barb only triggers if she gets attacked) and has to use her actual Atk stat which are huge detriments against her.

-----

This update is great, the guild text prompt at the top (which was the obnoxious world chat prompt before) helps to keep up with guild activities and the added gold from Guild Battles makes it more appealing to commit more time into it. They even improved the auto-equip function, it now priotizes by stats instead of rarity, sweet.

Though I wish they would do something about the necessary daily grind. It is getting a bit tedious to achieve meaningful progress.

Edited by Magus of Memery

@Magus of MemeryThat is a fair point, it's true that offensively, Freya's damage is pretty much just her Talent proc and Phalanx barbs if it's up. And sadly, Valkyrie doesn't fix that problem. Her new skill is a magic attack guard skill that, for some reason, replaces her Def with 0.8x her MDef. That is really underwhelming since 1. When do you really need a magic tank and 2. Even as a Valkyrie, her Def is higher than her MDef, so replacing her higher defensive stat with 0.8x time her lower defensive stat is really, really underwhelming. Valkyrie does give her 445 Int vs the 373 Atk she has as a Royal Vanguard and removes her weakness to Infantries, though I'm not sure it's worth losing nearly 600 HP and 50 Def. At least, she's still not useless and can even be considered the best tank when dealing with some of the most nightmarish Time Laws that reduce how much damage the enemies take. 

@Sylphid In CN, the order for the upcoming new T3 and Gate of Fate for SRs was Silver Wolf, Sonya and then Freya, so we should get it sometime next month, though as I pointed to Magus of Memery, she sadly doesn't seem to gain much from that class. I also managed to get the last 2 copies I needed to 6* when doing a couple more pulls for Lanford. I didn't get Lanford, but I got a second Listell, so she's now 4*.

From now one, there will be a delay before they add the Gate of Fate of newer characters. And speaking of newer units like Zerida and Lanford, apparently most of the SSRs from now on will need more stars before their talent becomes truly good, though most of those heroes are PvP focused. Apparently that the last banner that had truly good PvE heroes was the Twin Princess banner, though the best PvE SSRs, even to this day in CN, are often listed to be Tiaris, Liana, Lana, Leon, Bozel, Elwin, Ledin, Cherie, Luna and Altemuller, so all the units we get from now on should only really be prioritized if you care a lot about PvP.

And yeah, Jugler's sprites are not at all fluffy.

Well, regarding new characters, apparently the Sakura Wars collab will have some great PvE characters. For Trails, the event SRs (Kloe, Oliver) are also pretty great.

For Freya, her greatest weakness is her offensive potential and handling boss units (or enemies that only have their "hero" left). Since Barb and the like deals damage to both the Hero and the Soldier, if the Soldiers are already dead (or don't exist) she basically loses half of her damage potential. DEF Conversion tanks don't have to worry about this loss.

As a side note, this is also why Fixed Damage (not Percentile Damage) tends to suck against bosses. Again, DEF Conversion doesn't have to worry about this.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:18 PM, Sire said:

Well, regarding new characters, apparently the Sakura Wars collab will have some great PvE characters. For Trails, the event SRs (Kloe, Oliver) are also pretty great.

For Freya, her greatest weakness is her offensive potential and handling boss units (or enemies that only have their "hero" left). Since Barb and the like deals damage to both the Hero and the Soldier, if the Soldiers are already dead (or don't exist) she basically loses half of her damage potential. DEF Conversion tanks don't have to worry about this loss.

As a side note, this is also why Fixed Damage (not Percentile Damage) tends to suck against bosses. Again, DEF Conversion doesn't have to worry about this.

I think my biggest problem are people saying "Ditch Freya the moment you get Ledin, she's unusable late game". The way I've kept seeing people word it, a princess player that doesn't get Ledin is pretty much SoL late game because Freya's gonna be useless, which was definitely not the case for me. While my Ledin is level 60, I basically never touch him outside of the Thunder Dragon. 

Ledin is not perfect for princess team. He can't guard and have faction buff turn 1 unless you waste Act Again on him and he can't bring Burning Sun, so he can't maintain his DEF+MDef conversion all the time. I think that ideally, a princess team user would want to raise both since Freya can tank turn 1 with Faction buff and is arguably better when dealing with any time laws that reduces the damage you deal or requires you to use fixed damage. Def conversion is't gonna do much when the enemy takes 80% reduced damage. The same way fixed damage won't help against bosses. 

I also like that Freya is the only tank beside the upcoming Randius that can damage ranged units (and Kanzaki from the Sakura Wars collab). Seeing weakened ranged units kill themselves by attacking Freya is pretty fun.

On 20.4.2019 at 6:18 AM, Sire said:

Any details for the Sakura Taisen characters by chance? I really hope we can get these collabs in global, though I'm not holding my breath.

And as Lux said, it's not that we're advocating for Freya Best Tank or something, it's just a counter reaction to seeing a lot "Freya sucks never use her she's useless" comments.

On different news, I finally got Ullr's bow! My plans to upgrade armor for Ledin (and other tanks once I level them) with my Epic Spirit stocks went down the drain right there lol. I'm going to be using Griffon Knights with her for now since my cavalry are really underleveled. That will also work nicely with Lanford's faction buff when I want to use that.

Also, was the next focus banner going to be the one with Shelf? I'm wondering if I should spend some pulls on getting Listell and/or Lanford copies, but if Shelf's in the next one I should wait for it.

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

Any details for the Sakura Taisen characters by chance? I really hope we can get these collabs in global, though I'm not holding my breath.

And as Lux said, it's not that we're advocating for Freya Best Tank or something, it's just a counter reaction to seeing a lot "Freya sucks never use her she's useless" comments.

On different news, I finally got Ullr's bow! My plans to upgrade armor for Ledin (and other tanks once I level them) with my Epic Spirit stocks went down the drain right there lol. I'm going to be using Griffon Knights with her for now since my cavalry are really underleveled. That will also work nicely with Lanford's faction buff when I want to use that.

Also, was the next focus banner going to be the one with Shelf? I'm wondering if I should spend some pulls on getting Listell and/or Lanford copies, but if Shelf's in the next one I should wait for it.

Really hope we get the collab here too since getting 4 more units for princess would be nice. 

My Ullr's Bow is still at level 30 since she wants it for the +1 range and not for the stats. Only thing upgrading it would give her is HP since Atk is useless for her. Also, you should keep Demon Hunters in mind as an option for her. Having 3 range attacks with the chance to lower the enemy's mobility is pretty good.

Next focus banner is Luna/Dieharte/Tiaris, but the one right after is Shelf/Bozel/Lana. 

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

For Sakura Wars...

Promotional PV: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av50120581
CN Patch Notes: http://mz.zlongame.com/jx/mzgg/20190422/6693.html

Characters
- Sakura - VA: Chisa Yokoyama (og voice of Cherie)
- Sumire - VA: Michie Tomizawa (og voice of Sonya, also the voice of Brenda in langrisser 5)
- Iris - VA: Kumiko Nishihara
- [NPC] Ichirou

Factions:
Sakura = Empire, Protag, Collab
Sumire, Iris = Empire, Princess, Collab

Of note, they'll have their Mechs as their side classes. They are treated as "4 Mov Cavalry" if I recall correctly. Sakura is DPS who gets a permanent buff when she kills enemies (so like Sonya, but permanent). Sumire is a tank, while Iris is a SR healer.

For Freya, I don't mind. Freya is my main tank so I ignored the whole thing about "Freya's useless, replace her with Ledin." I was just stating why she does tend to fall off later in the game.

Next Focus Banners...

Banner One: Dieharte, Tiaris, Luna
Banner Two: Shelfaniel, Bozel, Lana

I'm getting Luna and Shelf as I have the other characters already. Personally, I can't wait for the Luna banner to release. I've been needing her from near the beginning for the Princess buff...

6 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

My Ullr's Bow is still at level 30 since she wants it for the +1 range and not for the stats. Only thing upgrading it would give her is HP since Atk is useless for her. Also, you should keep Demon Hunters in mind as an option for her. Having 3 range attacks with the chance to lower the enemy's mobility is pretty good.

Next focus banner is Luna/Dieharte/Tiaris, but the one right after is Shelf/Bozel/Lana. 

That's a good point, though reducing that damage reduction effect is still something. I'm going to wait to get it any higher though.

Oh I'm absolutely going to be using Demon Hunters, I meant using Griffon Knights over Heavensguard when that would be useful. Though honestly, I think it's mainly going to be for when I run tactician with Lanford.

I see, thanks! I'll probably spend some pulls on the current banner but not a whole lot. That focus has nothing of interest to me, but I want that Shelf from the next one. As a mostly free to play player I should focus on the focus (heh) banners anyways.

6 hours ago, Sire said:

For Sakura Wars...

Promotional PV: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av50120581
CN Patch Notes: http://mz.zlongame.com/jx/mzgg/20190422/6693.html

Characters
- Sakura - VA: Chisa Yokoyama (og voice of Cherie)
- Sumire - VA: Michie Tomizawa (og voice of Sonya, also the voice of Brenda in langrisser 5)
- Iris - VA: Kumiko Nishihara
- [NPC] Ichirou

Factions:
Sakura = Empire, Protag, Collab
Sumire, Iris = Empire, Princess, Collab

Of note, they'll have their Mechs as their side classes. They are treated as "4 Mov Cavalry" if I recall correctly. Sakura is DPS who gets a permanent buff when she kills enemies (so like Sonya, but permanent). Sumire is a tank, while Iris is a SR healer.

For Freya, I don't mind. Freya is my main tank so I ignored the whole thing about "Freya's useless, replace her with Ledin." I was just stating why she does tend to fall off later in the game.

Thanks for the links and info! Sakura sounds really good. 4 move cavalry seems odd though, and did I see right that the mechs don't have soldiers? Hopefully that's just a visual thing.

Of personal interest to me is that aside from Sakura (and Ichiro) this is a different line up of characters than the collab Granblue Fantasy had with the series in 2016.

Oh um, I hope I wasn't coming off too strong about the Freya thing. I didn't mean it as a direct reply to you, but more of a general last statement from me on the topic. Placing it where I did on that post wasn't the best move though.

Good luck on the incoming banners, hopefully you won't need too many pulls for Luna and Shelf!

In case anyone was wondering what I was doing, I went off the deep end and starting writing essays for some reason. All of this was done over the course of the past three days. At least I can get back to playing my games now, right?

Part One: https://www.reddit.com/r/langrisser/comments/bgl88l/retention_problems_in_langrisser_mobile/
Part Two: https://www.reddit.com/r/langrisser/comments/bh2z2r/suggestions_to_improve_retention_with_langrisser/?

Luna's banner should be up by tomorrow, and there's talk the Summer Skins may be coming "soonish." Personally, I'm not too keen on the summer skins. Lana and Luna look nice, but it doesn't seem right (and I got the Goddess Skin for Luna from the Macho Lotto). If I cave and decide to buy a skin, it may be for Varna, but I don't use her outside of Guild Wars as she isn't really invested into.

A part of me wishes I tried buying more SSR Weapons with the Ore, but getting spirits to upgrade what gear I have just seems like the most efficient option. I want an Ullr's Bow to play around with...

Edited by Sire

I have ultimately reinstalled the game since there are no game released recently that I am interested in. I know I should finish making my own game instead but the game is f***ing addicting. I need some advice to build my team. Currently I play Cherie/Angelina/Freya/Liffany/Sophia. I have also Bernhardt in which I have invested runestones (for the Brave path).

Now the character I want to draw by priority are: 

1) Shelfaniel to replace Liffany, she will be an easy pull with future banner and act as a princess leader. I will replace Freya with Bernhardt as a tank and empire leader.

2) Liana or Tiaris to replace Sophia. There will be a banner with them and Rachel later so I get a 2/3 chance.

3) Leon to replace Angelina. He will be quite hard to get and Angelina is really good enough for me.

So I aim for Shelfaniel/Cherie/Liana or Tiaris/Bernhardt/Leon

Maybe there are better aiming choice with my current team? Getting Leon will really be the cherry on the cake.

@david.nguyen

First off, I would recommend looking into a faction. At the moment it seems you are running a Princess Team (Cherie, Freya, Sophia), so replacing Liffany with Shelf will work well. For a list format regarding your plans...

Princess Team:
Shelfaniel - Faction Leader
Cherie - Flying DPS
Sophia - Healer (Liana or Tiaris can replace, but Sophia is an excellent healer in her own right.)

Angelica - Temporary DPS (Angelica will suffice 
Freya - Temporary Tank
Liffany - Temporary Mage

Empire Team:
Bernhardt - Faction Leader + Tank
Leon - Cavalry DPS

Honestly, Bernhardt is not that good of a dedicated tank. He can off-tank since he has tanking skills, but otherwise dedicated tanks like Freya or Vargas are better. Leon can serve perfectly fine off-faction since he has Chivalry, so you can just run Shelf, Freya, Cherie, Sophia and Leon as a team. Freya works well as a tank for general content, its just her weakness is against bosses. If you want to take this team to end-game, you may want to replace Freya with Ledin as he can buff himself and is one of the best tanks in the game.

For some guides if you are interested...
- Hero Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ItmsOXSFcoKOdd1Q-GKovuOdAiUoEaEtXbaOam7Zk7g/edit
- Faction Guide Part 1: https://www.reddit.com/r/langrisser/comments/amx9mb/i_pledge_allegiance_faction_guide_with_buffs_team/
- Faction Guide Part 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/langrisser/comments/ao9v1y/i_pledge_allegiance_part_two_hybrid_factions/

Hope this helps!

In other news, rolled 68 times (~30 Tickets, ~3000 Crysals) for Luna. Still don't have a Luna. There goes my saved resources, down the drain... // Then, I doubt I'll have anything left for Shelf when her banner appears since I'm going to keep throwing my scraps for Luna. All I wanted was a Princess Faction buffer (preferable both)...

On the bright side, I managed to get Laird and Rohga to 6-Stars. Lester was my first. At least I use Larid a fair amount (I used to own the #1 Laird on my server, but now I hover around the top 5), so that's something, I guess.

Edited by Sire

8 hours ago, Sire said:

In case anyone was wondering what I was doing, I went off the deep end and starting writing essays for some reason. All of this was done over the course of the past three days. At least I can get back to playing my games now, right?

Part One: https://www.reddit.com/r/langrisser/comments/bgl88l/retention_problems_in_langrisser_mobile/
Part Two: https://www.reddit.com/r/langrisser/comments/bh2z2r/suggestions_to_improve_retention_with_langrisser/?

Luna's banner should be up by tomorrow, and there's talk the Summer Skins may be coming "soonish." Personally, I'm not too keen on the summer skins. Lana and Luna look nice, but it doesn't seem right (and I got the Goddess Skin for Luna from the Macho Lotto). If I cave and decide to buy a skin, it may be for Varna, but I don't use her outside of Guild Wars as she isn't really invested into.

A part of me wishes I tried buying more SSR Weapons with the Ore, but getting spirits to upgrade what gear I have just seems like the most efficient option. I want an Ullr's Bow to play around with...

You are not truly into a mobage until you write an essay or two about it. I saw this on reddit earlier, but as I don't have an account couldn't really comment. So here goes:

Spoiler

Full disclaimer, I don't particularly mind / am overly resilient to the Langrisser grind / daily grind time because I've got experience with Granblue Fantasy grind. That said, I agree the time it takes to finish dailies can be too much and see why people have issues with it. I've definitely been doing less and less non-timed map events or Time Rift. Though at least part of that is due to Granblue having what's probably its busiest time of the year as well.

Also, can't really comment on the DL comparison since I haven't played it, but wow was that controversial among the comments.

First things first, a lot of your proposed solutions seem rather complicated for a relatively simple issue. This isn't necessarily a bad thing and I do mostly like your ideas about how the different game modes could be improved. At the same time, considering how big an issue the time investment is to a lot of people, I feel a quick fix would be a better option if the main goal is to keep players from quitting due to the daily grind. You know this already but a sweep button would be the simplest solution since the game has it already for Time Rift, Gates of Fate and Timeless Trials (incidentally, maybe I missed it but I don't think you mentioned TT having it, just TR and GoF?). Granblue Fantasy has a similar thing on one of their modes where you can instantly skip stages for reduced rewards and I know a lot of people have liked that. I agree with you on adding Blessing to apply for cleared Eternal Temples, mentioning it here because it should be a simple thing to implement.

Combining some of the Secret Realm modes sounds interesting, though I do appreciate the simplicity of 1 mode = 1 type of resource (but not enough to be against letting some of that go in favor of less time spent on dailies). In particular, getting gold from dragons would definitely help with the gold issues a lot of people have. As far as combining potions with anikis goes, I would much rather just see potions be a standard drop from any content. The fact that experience gained from doing anything but two specific modes (I'm counting potion map events as a mode here) is kind of annoying to me. Could say the same about gold too actually but it's mainly the hero experience that's clearly intended as a personal attack on me.

As far as goblins as a randomly spawning enemy goes, I'm personally not a fan. Now I do like the idea of making the daily maps less monotonous (and adding more rewards is always great!), but I feel there's already enough rng with the drops. And more importantly, some of the maps seem very random spawn unfriendly due to their size. Take Fire Dragon for example. If you're gotten far enough that you're killing the dragon already and the goblin spawns on the other side of the map, there's no way you'll be able to reach the little bugger. Or on the flipside, if they spawn near the end of the map near the start, you would have to rush and risk getting your guys getting killed by other mobs. Similar reachability issue is when the goblin spawns. Will it spawn on the very last turn? On the turn the boss will attack you and get counter killed? Finally player mentality. There would definitely be new complaints like "These dailies take way too long because I have to prolong the matches until the goblin appears!" and "Wow dailies take so long because I have to reset the map every time the goblin doesn't appear" (I'm mainly adding the prolonged dailies part because that's precisely what you want to fix). I do think there are ways to finetune this idea to avoid these issues though (but some of those would have their own issues, etc.), but I've written enough about random goblin spawns already lol.

Making some of the daily tries weekly and with better rewards would be a great time saver, and I do like your condensed list of dailies. As you say, there's no particular reason to make throwaway actions like "enchant a thing" or "feed someone a potion" required dailies. Enchanting is particularly annoying to me because that's something you wouldn't be doing daily without the quest for it (exp potions you do get daily in the current system). Also, what happens with the potion daily once someone gets all their characters to 60? Friendship Voucher daily is... Fine? Changing "spend stamina in Secret Realm" to "spend stamina" would be amazing. I could get those keys probably every day instead of the 2-3 times a week I do at the moment. Your rework ideas for Guild War and Arena seem good to me (though I'm personally not bothered by the arena modes due to low-efforting them). Slightly increased drops would of course be always great.

Overall I think your ideas are good, just the more complicated ones would need a lot of thought and finetuning put into them. You had some balance fix ideas at the end which are kinda off-topic to the daily grind time, but brief comments: Grenier buff would be great, as would be a shop where you can slowly work towards weapons of your choice. Fixed damage change should be incoming iirc?

Now, I take it your open for discussion, so here's some ideas I've been thinking myself:

• For Anikis, reducing the bonus runs from 2+1 (+1 being the purchaeable extra run) to 1+1 with a single run giving similar drops to current 2 would speed that up and make the purchased run more worth for your money.
  • Somewhat similarly, instead of using 1 key per run for Goblins, maybe you could choose how many keys (and instances of 20 stamina?) to use and at the end of the map you would get your gold yield times the amount of keys used. Alternatively it could increase the amount of goblins that spawn but depending on a player's list of units that wouldn't really work.
  • On Gates of Fate which you proposed to give a weekly total, I would just add that your first clear of a map shouldn't be counted to the daily/weekly tries. I want to clear stories but at the same time that's shards away from my more used characters.

Personally I'm really looking forward to that Altemuller summer skin that's supposedly a lotto reward.

I feel like Orichalcum spending is really case specific, depending heavily on what units and equipments you already have. I started out getting Spirits (for Last Knight and later Seal Guardian), then switched to getting weekly random weapon packs for Ullr Bow (leftover ore, if there was any, went to spirits again), then I got all 9 random packs one week (I probably skipped Spirits the previous week, no idea otherwise how I would have enough Ore) and now I'm getting exclusively Spirits again, at least until a lot of my key ssr equipment are at lvl40 or higher.

That said, because the ssr equipment you can get for free is pretty darn good, I would definitely say the Spirits are the most efficient option. Also the safest one for new players.

20 hours ago, Sylphid said:

You are not truly into a mobage until you write an essay or two about it. I saw this on reddit earlier, but as I don't have an account couldn't really comment. So here goes:

[SNIP]

Response in the spoiler so I don't clutter up the page.

Spoiler

To start off (before I read), "Sweeping the Secret Realm" is the most simple solution and the one I expect to actually be done, as there was talk on the CN side about Secret Realm sweeps. For the purposes of the post I just went beyond that and tried to streamline dailies further, such as combining Anikis + Training School, moving the Gold to Dragons, and cutting down daily Arena runs, among other things. Random Treasure Goblin mobs is a bonus.
However, I do actually wonder how exactly their sweeps will be implemented. If it is as simple as Time Rift Sweeps (full stamina cost, maybe limited by daily bonuses for Secret Realm), then I'll probably be fine with it. If they decide to limit or punish sweeps too much (which is my main concern), then the issue really isn't solved at all.

Regarding Granblue, I understand. I tried playing Granblue myself and enjoyed what little I played, but I couldn't wrap my head around the concept of "Weapon Grids." The UI also seemed a little cumbersome for me to use too. I do want to go back and play Granblue casually (meaning I don't mind if it takes me forever to progress anywhere), but I been playing other games. Just remember, my main complaint is how long the daily routine is, not overall progress or the grind.

For combining game modes, this was mostly done in an attempt to reduce the number of daily runs (since each individual run tends to last a while). Otherwise, it does make sense that 1 mode = 1 resource (although Dragalia blurs the line with having resources from a mode also be used for multiple things). One could theoretically get away by cutting out EXP Potions entirely by buffing up the EXP gain significantly, but I don't see this happening. Of course, having potions and extra gold be global drops is another way to address this issue.

Random Goblin spawns will have a set point where they appear, so it is not "truly random." They are likely to show up mid-match (say after clearing the first third of the map on Dragons or Aniki) and spawn 3-5 spaces away from any allied unit. // If the RNG drops are a bit much, they can be streamlined to simply extra Gold or a "bonus item" depending on the mode run. (So, Dragon Goblins may drop equipment, Aniki Goblins soldier materials, etc.) // Now, people will complain about anything, and if these random Goblins start being perceived as "necessary" instead of a bonus, then that is either the player's fault for wanting everything or the devs fault for not communicating the "bonus" part properly.

Glad to see you like the streamlined process for daily quests and making some of the "daily attempts" -> "weekly attempts" instead. As for potions when all characters are max level, I want to say that that is an unlikely occurrence due to new characters being released every so often. If all else fails, they can be stockpiled or "sold" in the Alchemy screen I suppose.

Now for your ideas...

Condensing the Aniki Bonus to 1 run while making the Flag of Courage more worthwhile is one way to go about it. However, this ends up being "4" total runs instead of the current "3" if we implement this change, so I'm not sure how the devs may react to this or how balance will be affected. Players may be all for it though. (I don't use the Flag of Courage, so this change doesn't affect me as much.)
The one flaw I see is changing it down to a single run a day is that it forces players to pick one of the two available gyms for the Daily Bonus. Granted, most players probably focus on a single gym anyway and neglect the other, but it is something to consider.

Using keys as a "multiplier" is another way to try and cut down Goblin runs (more keys = multiplier to Stamina Spent and Gold Received). Simply increasing Goblin spawn count is probably a poor idea as there is only so much AoE can do. The multiplier idea is sound though.

Gate of Fate's First Clears not counting as an attempt? I'll be up for that. I also would like to clear some of the stories (even if they are poorly translated - rip Kirikaze GoF), but I also don't want to take away my Shard Farming either. So yeah, I support this idea.

If I get around to updating the Reddit post, mind if I toss these ideas in there? I'll credit it coming from a discussion on a message board to keep anonymity, unless you would like to be properly credited by name.

EDIT: Welp, I might be jumping ship. Dragalia Lost just released an update that make their short dailies even shorter, and I'm starting to find the daily time investment to Langrisser Mobile to be unsustainable. I love the game, just not the time needed to play it.

Maybe I'll keep it installed and become "super casual" and not care at all about daily quests and just do what I feel like. Otherwise, I may just end up dropping it.

Edited by Sire

10 hours ago, Sire said:

Response in the spoiler so I don't clutter up the page.

Hide contents

To start off (before I read), "Sweeping the Secret Realm" is the most simple solution and the one I expect to actually be done, as there was talk on the CN side about Secret Realm sweeps. For the purposes of the post I just went beyond that and tried to streamline dailies further, such as combining Anikis + Training School, moving the Gold to Dragons, and cutting down daily Arena runs, among other things. Random Treasure Goblin mobs is a bonus.
However, I do actually wonder how exactly their sweeps will be implemented. If it is as simple as Time Rift Sweeps (full stamina cost, maybe limited by daily bonuses for Secret Realm), then I'll probably be fine with it. If they decide to limit or punish sweeps too much (which is my main concern), then the issue really isn't solved at all.

Regarding Granblue, I understand. I tried playing Granblue myself and enjoyed what little I played, but I couldn't wrap my head around the concept of "Weapon Grids." The UI also seemed a little cumbersome for me to use too. I do want to go back and play Granblue casually (meaning I don't mind if it takes me forever to progress anywhere), but I been playing other games. Just remember, my main complaint is how long the daily routine is, not overall progress or the grind.

For combining game modes, this was mostly done in an attempt to reduce the number of daily runs (since each individual run tends to last a while). Otherwise, it does make sense that 1 mode = 1 resource (although Dragalia blurs the line with having resources from a mode also be used for multiple things). One could theoretically get away by cutting out EXP Potions entirely by buffing up the EXP gain significantly, but I don't see this happening. Of course, having potions and extra gold be global drops is another way to address this issue.

Random Goblin spawns will have a set point where they appear, so it is not "truly random." They are likely to show up mid-match (say after clearing the first third of the map on Dragons or Aniki) and spawn 3-5 spaces away from any allied unit. // If the RNG drops are a bit much, they can be streamlined to simply extra Gold or a "bonus item" depending on the mode run. (So, Dragon Goblins may drop equipment, Aniki Goblins soldier materials, etc.) // Now, people will complain about anything, and if these random Goblins start being perceived as "necessary" instead of a bonus, then that is either the player's fault for wanting everything or the devs fault for not communicating the "bonus" part properly.

Glad to see you like the streamlined process for daily quests and making some of the "daily attempts" -> "weekly attempts" instead. As for potions when all characters are max level, I want to say that that is an unlikely occurrence due to new characters being released every so often. If all else fails, they can be stockpiled or "sold" in the Alchemy screen I suppose.

Now for your ideas...

Condensing the Aniki Bonus to 1 run while making the Flag of Courage more worthwhile is one way to go about it. However, this ends up being "4" total runs instead of the current "3" if we implement this change, so I'm not sure how the devs may react to this or how balance will be affected. Players may be all for it though. (I don't use the Flag of Courage, so this change doesn't affect me as much.)
The one flaw I see is changing it down to a single run a day is that it forces players to pick one of the two available gyms for the Daily Bonus. Granted, most players probably focus on a single gym anyway and neglect the other, but it is something to consider.

Using keys as a "multiplier" is another way to try and cut down Goblin runs (more keys = multiplier to Stamina Spent and Gold Received). Simply increasing Goblin spawn count is probably a poor idea as there is only so much AoE can do. The multiplier idea is sound though.

Gate of Fate's First Clears not counting as an attempt? I'll be up for that. I also would like to clear some of the stories (even if they are poorly translated - rip Kirikaze GoF), but I also don't want to take away my Shard Farming either. So yeah, I support this idea.

If I get around to updating the Reddit post, mind if I toss these ideas in there? I'll credit it coming from a discussion on a message board to keep anonymity, unless you would like to be properly credited by name.

Spoiler

Just so we are clear, I really appreciate you going further than "just implement sweep lol" with your suggestions. Much more fun to read and think about. On second look at my post, I probably came off way more critical than I intended to. Oops.

Personally I think making the sweep worse than a manual/coop run is fine, since the point is saving time (over optimizing drops), but I agree it shouldn't be too heavy handed. Using existing goblins as an example: let's say you get between 180000 and 240000 gold per run (I'm basing this on my own runs), sweeping it could net you the minimum amount, or a reduced maximum amount.

Yes, I get the point is daily routine. I was using Granblue as an example there because, while its use of daily "do this and that and those" quests is fairly minimal, it can get really heavy on the daily grind if you try to do everything you could do in a day (In Langrisser terms, there's less missions but way more daily bonus runs). On Granblue itself, if you decide to try it again or even if you don't, feel free to ask me stuff via PMs, I'll be glad to answer where I can.

I do think combining some of the stages to reduce the number of runs is a good idea. Potions and gold as more common global drops would definitely make sense to me. There could be quests dedicated to getting more of those in addition.

Static spawn points for the goblins was what I was thinking of as well, but this could easily result in players just bringing a unit to remain at the spawn point waiting for a goblin. Which is not really a bad thing in itself, it just goes against the intended effect of spicing up runs. To be fair players will always aim to optimizing stuff like this anyways and trying to counter all of that is futile. Timing it around mid-run sounds good. I do agree it's the player's fault at that point, just wanted to point out it will happen because in this case it would be still about the length of a single run, which was what you're adressing. Also, I feel bad for focusing so much on what's a bonus idea.

Oh my issue wasn't having too many potions, but how to clear the potion using mini quest (and getting the daily crystals) in the current system if all your characters are leveled.

I'll be honest, I didn't think of dividing the 2 runs between two different Aniki at all, mainly because I usually do them in coop with my friend and it's just so easy to hit the button to invite the friend again. Incidentally, doing it with a friend might be partly why I don't mind the daily grind as much too, since it's basically us playing while chatting. Now that I think about that.

I do agree increasing the amount of goblins would be a horrible choice lol. Just wanted to get that idea out.

Feel free to throw them there if you want to. No need to mention me, I prefer remaining anonymous.

Also, I missed your Outrageous Ideas added post last time. I really liked your idea of a Treasure Dragon, it would be awesome killing goblins while avoiding a dragon (maybe there could be different attack patterns which would let you survive longer by staying on safe tiles).

Also, sorry to hear Luna's avoiding you. Congratulations on your first 6* units though. Being in the top 5 for one character is amazing! I think highest I have is Lana in few hundreds or so.

As a total aside about goblins, I find it easier to do it 4 times in one day than once every day, even though it takes more time out of that day. Probably because that way I end up thinking about doing it less times in a week, and kind of... "Get in a groove"(?) for it.

11 hours ago, Sylphid said:

[SNIP]

For the Goblin runs, the daily thing was more when I was leveling up to 60 (as I wanted to save all my keys for when they would be "best used"). Nowadays I do tend to stockpile them and run them all at once, but the fact one gets a key a day does lean it more towards being a daily in my opinion.

As before, spoiler responses for the rest of it.

Spoiler

No worries about being critical. It's the Internet and things can be interpreted in a variety of ways.

As for sweep usage, it mostly just depends on implementation. As long as the baseline is the same as clearing it solo, I don't mind.

About Granblue's grind and daily, Dragalia Lost is fairly similar in that regard. Both are made by Cygames, and GB veterans seem to be enjoying themselves looking at all the baby Dragalia players and telling them what to expect. 

No comment on the stage combinations and global drops as I probably stated that up above.

There's always going to be an optimal route, no matter how hard devs try to fix things otherwise. Speedrunners are a good example of this, always finding ways around using glitches or using game mechanics in an unintended manner (making jumps that are technically supposed to be impossible without a certain item, for example). As for Goblins, while they may spawn in set locations, they may not always spawn. Waiting around for one to spawn may be a waste of time as it may never appear.

Oh, that's what you meant. More the reason to combine redundant daily missions together~

Yeah, having a friend along makes almost anything better. This is one reason why guilds are powerful in games, the players may just stick around for their guild community and not the game itself.

The Treasure Dragon was a fun idea, but making it a core mechanic of LM doesn't seem right. As an occasional encounter, maybe, but not as a random Dragon players may run into.

The more I reflect on Langrisser Mobile, the more likely I find myself wanting to drop it or go "super casual." I suppose I'm just getting restless and want to try other things instead.

To think I wanted to work hard on the Wiki with a revamp to all the character pages (which barely even got started due to complications), and now I'm just stepping away from it all. It almost feels like the entire ordeal was a giant waste of time.

Edited by Sire

On 25.4.2019 at 4:40 AM, Sire said:

At least I can get back to playing my games now, right?

So he says as he now dives into FGOxCCC event and DL. Truly a forsaken knight.

Regarding your points, I very much agree. The daily grind is so tedious that I'm considering to drop the game if I don't get Lana next week (well ~200 tickets are going to make that a bit hard).

Langrisser Mobile is a great game but the things it asks for you require dedication equal to a full-sized game. That's not something I'm willing to do for a mobile game with its very design leaving it without true goals to work towards to. I rather use that time playing actual games with set goals.

My own suggestions would be:

Spoiler
  1. Abolish Goblin Hunting, increase Gold rewards in all Quests.
    Among the many Secret Realms quests this is by far the most unnecessary one. It is limited not only by a hefty 20 Stamina cost it also forces you at some point committing to it because you can only hold 3 keys. I very much like your suggestion where the Goblins become a World event and it should replace some of the more tedious ones (Unavoidable Confrontation, Sand).
  2. Get rid of EXP potion, make EXP from clearing quests matter.
    In a similar vein I don't like the level progression through potions. Reaching Level 60 with any character requires ~3 days worth of rainbow potions. It's not like the maps are exciting either, you can just auto-battle them with the blessing unlike say Aniki or Dragon.
    Langrisser also awards EXP for clearing maps and most of the time it seems like an afterthought because it only gives you so little. So I would suggest to change it to the following:
    EXP is now map-based and it scales with the Lv. recommendation. Every day your first ~3 battles will have an x multiplier for gained EXP. There will be map battles with increased EXP gain instead of the ones with potions.
    This would also help veterans to raise their singular additions much faster so they can put them quickly to use.
  3. Redesign drops from Aniki.
    Reduce daily bonus to 1, increase drops from regular clears.
    imo you should only have to do 1 of each Secret realm content, Aniki being no exception. Sure there are always 2 classes each day but honestly you are likely dumping one to begin with (*cough* Archers *cough* Cavalry).
    On the other hand for the people who want to grind the drops are way too low. fyi you need to farm 40+ books for a singular upgrade. With only getting 2-3 books each run that's demoralizing. There is no incentive to spend stamina on it if you're just better of waiting for next daily bonus.
  4. Joint battles become guild-exclusive content.
    Every day in 3(!) time periods Guilds will be able to engage in Joint battles for miscellaneous rewards and guild medals(!).
    I never understood why this is not a thing. Doing JB with random people is incredibly frustating since the maps tend to get difficult and it's far easier to organize yourself within a guild with its own dedicated chat and all. To make this change worthwhile it will serve as additional source of guild points (not much because we want to keep Guild battles relevant) which are so useful to cut down on promotion/upgrade grinding.
  5. Decrease the max reward requirement for PvE arena from 12 to 6
    Once you pass 1900 there is little incentive to do many runs and PvE arena can take a lot of time. So having only to do 3 medium runs or 2 hard ones would greatly reduce the daily time commitment to it. I would keep the 5 tickets because that way people below 1900 can climb the ladder faster if they want to commit their time.

I can't wait to pull Shelfaniel and drop the game! I am sure someone already covered this but here is some basic probability.

The drop rate for a SSR seems to be 2%. So the probability to get at least 1 SSR from n pulls is 1-0.98^n.

I also think the 10x summoning doesn't increase your chance to get a SSR because when you draw 10 R, the game gives you 1 SR (and no SSR I think, maybe someone can confirm this) instead of a R.

So with 16 pulls you have around 1/4 chance to draw at least 1SSR, with 36 pulls you have 1/2 chance to draw at least 1SSR, with 70 pulls you have 3/4 chance to draw at least 1SSR.

Edit: there is one guy saying he didn't get any SSR from 200 pulls. It is possible but the guy was really unlucky because the probability is 0.98^200 so he had around 2% chance to not draw any SSR from 200 pulls. Considering the fact he surely made only 10x summonings, this seems to support my claim that 10x summoning doesn't increase your chance of getting a SSR.

Edited by david.nguyen

Finally managed to beat SS Ultimate for this week. I thought I might not be able to beat it this week since the enemies moved, but by sacrificing tons of resources to get my Bozel Seal and Earthquake and master Cherie's Assassin line, I was able to beat it. I required some luck and several tries, but it was really satisfying to finally beat it. Moreover, last week's reward was an underwhelming Giant's Belt, but I managed to get a Veil of Light this week, which is best in slot for Luna.

Speaking of Best in Slot, Cherie is currently rocking a Last Rite and a Lone Star ring and I just got Jormungandr's Eye from a gear map event. Just missing Ragnarok to replace her current Devil Axe to truly max her out. 

Regarding the daily grind, my mindset is that this game isn't a race. If I skip a few dailies here and there, it's not a big deal. I haven't even touched the Eternal Temple since I tried and got destroyed by the level 60 Leviar after easily beating the level 55. Thunder Dragon is still just level 55 since my Elwin isn't up to par and I just beaten the Fire Dragon level 65 this week despite being lvl 60 for a while now. Not to say that I wouldn't welcome any changes that would make the dailies take less time, this is just how I deal with how time consuming they are at the moment. 

On 27.4.2019 at 12:07 AM, Sire said:

For the Goblin runs, the daily thing was more when I was leveling up to 60 (as I wanted to save all my keys for when they would be "best used"). Nowadays I do tend to stockpile them and run them all at once, but the fact one gets a key a day does lean it more towards being a daily in my opinion.

Yeah, having a friend along makes almost anything better. This is one reason why guilds are powerful in games, the players may just stick around for their guild community and not the game itself.

The more I reflect on Langrisser Mobile, the more likely I find myself wanting to drop it or go "super casual." I suppose I'm just getting restless and want to try other things instead.

To think I wanted to work hard on the Wiki with a revamp to all the character pages (which barely even got started due to complications), and now I'm just stepping away from it all. It almost feels like the entire ordeal was a giant waste of time.

It helps that saving 4 keys is about a fourth of the 300 stamina keys mission, so I won't end up needing much extras beyond those and dailies if I want to go for them. Usually I feel it out with Dark or Ice Dragons since those are the two easiest ones for me.

I don't really have much to say about the spoilered part, aside from pretty much agreeing with everything you said. On the bolded part though, I can definitely recognize this as the biggest reason I've stuck with Granblue Fantasy (I do like it in general but in particular the learning curve at the start would have been tough on my own). And on the flip side I've dropped games I've otherwise liked to an extent but didn't have a group to play with.

While I'll be sad to see the playerbase growing smaller, there's no need to do it if you're not feeling it. And being casual is always fine if you feel there might be a time you would want to get back to it. Going at one's preferred pace is always best with these games. And if you enjoyed it at all, I would say it wasn't a waste of time.

@LuxSpes  Congrats on clearing SS again! I was planning to try, but got stuck on... S-2? The one where enemies only took fixed damage. With princesses buffed by Luna plus Bern I feel I should have been able to do it, but the layout was truly evil. And I guess I didn't manage to get Freya back on track fast enough.

Yeah, the playerbase for Langrisser Mobile is definitely getting smaller, at least from my perspective. I have guild members and randoms on my Friend List that haven't been logging in, and a fair amount of them are high level (50+). The guild I'm in is running into issues with recruitment as we are bleeding members and there's not enough players who are still playing at max level that aren't already in a guild (or even playing at all).

Either way, I'm taking it casually. I'll log in for the daily bonus, sweep the Bonds for shards, and maybe do some Guild Battles. Otherwise I basically skip everything else. It felt nice not having to do the dailies completely.

In other news, I got myself a Luna, finally. I doubt I'll have enough for Shelf or Liana's Lotto skin when they come around, but then again I still don't know how much I'll actually be playing.

I see that a lot of player seem to drop the game. I consumed all my vouchers on the Diehart/Luna/Tiaris banner and got nothing. I still got 2 Freya which is nice since I am playing her. I am at level 41 and the difficulty has dramatically increased so tomorrow will be surely my last time playing the game (for one last sweep). I still had a great time playing this game though.

Edit: it feels nice to stop playing and caring for the game. I guess I will start playing Berwick Saga instead.

Edited by david.nguyen

After some more thought, I'm probably going to end up dropping Langrisser Mobile completely. I'll probably keep playing until my Goddess Blessing expires, then uninstall the game. Playing the game hasn't been a complete waste as there are some lessons that I've taken from LM for my own projects (such as not having a lengthy daily routine, using animated portraits, etc.) and maybe adding the original titles to games I should get around to playing.

In short, I find myself having far more enjoyable experiences elsewhere for my time. I enjoy playing Dragalia and how it takes care of its players, and enjoy playing FGO for its story and the IP. Then there's a different mobile game called "Another Eden" which is apparently also pretty good, especially if you are a fan of Chrono Trigger. (I never played CT, but watched a playthrough of it.) I haven't tried Another Eden yet as there are events going on in the other two mobile titles, but what I've seen of it looks promising.