Langrisser M General

redlight

Man, getting Class Materials after Level 45 is rough. I'm glad I'm in an active guild to alleviate some of the grind, but I'm really starting to fall behind in Time Rift and Story progression. There's so much stuff to to and so little stamina to do it all. Hopefully I'll start to feel better once I actually reach the level cap and max ascending my guys (not counting those who need to branch to other classes for Class Masteries.)

Also, three 10-Pulls on the "Three Guys" banner and I got nothing of real value. I got Liffany to show up twice while Sophia appeared the third time. I don't think I'll be getting Varna to join my roster any time soon. // As for my target, I really, really need Elwin for Thunder Dragon. Lewin sucks and gets oneshot by the AoE in Thunder Dragon 45. This is after Lewin gets a Faction Buff while the Dragon is in his default state! Bernhardt doesn't have enough DPS for Thunder Dragon and he can't bring his utility due to Dragon Immunity (Shield Bash + Fixed Damage). I could run Hero Matthew, but I've sorta been neglecting him.
As for the event, I'm actually enjoying the story so far. It just sucks I probably won't be able to see it in its entirety because of the high level requirements near the end.

I tried soloing the Level 55 map. It ended miserably. I have a feeling it expects the party (all 8 members on this map) to have mastered its T3 class and for the player's soldiers to be well trained.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SireRegardind Lewin getting one-shot, it's probably a gear issue. My Elwin with level 10 gear got one shot by the level 40 dragon while he was himself at level 40 with tier 3 soldiers. 

As for the event, I've been grinding the lvl 45 maps heavily in the past few days and I'm up to 65000 points. The first SSR gear I got wasn't amazing, but the equipment got me the Lone Star Armlet, which is good for units like Cherie and Leon. Biggest surprise was when I decided to spend some Orichalcum on a SSR weapon instead of keeping it for spirits and got Ulr's Bow from it, which is THE bow for Luna. Guess I'll finally be able to switch her to Bow Master, though losing flier movement will be a shame.

Grinding the event also gave me tons of EXP and I'm now near to level 48, so I need to think about getting the mats required to get Ledin his Phalanx since level 50 is so close now.

...Right, so I actually played a bit more of the event (as in past the first Challenge Map.) I really wish the translations were better. I didn't notice anything immediately off on the first map, but afterwards it becomes a bit of a trainwreck. At least what was present was enjoyable enough, but it did kill my enthusiasm a little.

Speaking of the event, that one optional mission that gives out Bond Keys for spending Stamina in the Secret Realm is getting me to grind the event a bit more. I guess its nice to have some incentive to do the event after I did my dailies (besides the point rewards).

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190311-005103.png

Screenshot_20190311-005058.png

What I got so far off rolling. Waiting to see who I get between Elwin and Ledin on the GSSR banner.

I really need more potions and cash to fully build people. Been running empire the most since it's reliable and I have Imelda as my waifu.

Langrisser Mobile apparently has a PC version. You can download it from their official website: https://langrisser.zlongame.com/

Just note that your Anti-Virus may pick up a Trojan file called IsChineseStr.dll. People are saying it is likely a false positive.

That aside, from what I hear on Reddit it performs wonderfully on PC. I haven't tried it yet myself though.

Ulr's bow on Luna is amazing. When I first saw it suggested, people were saying to use melee units with the bow to hit like a truck at 2 range, but I saw a post saying using demon hunters for the 3 range attack and enhanced kiting was really good and after trying it out myself, being able to safely delete mages and to counter catapults is really nice. Shame her MDef is lower as a bow knight so she hits less hard, though Flier effectiveness is really nice. Also Sky Archer on Shelfaniel is great for her mobility. 

@SireJust saw on reddit you got yourself a job. Revamping the wiki is a massive amount of work considering its current state. 

17 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

@SireJust saw on reddit you got yourself a job. Revamping the wiki is a massive amount of work considering its current state. 

Well, most of it is just I ended up with the keys and responsibility to the Wiki. I am not being paid for my work at all, which is why I brought up Patreon in the post. When I applied for Admin, I just wanted to tinker around with things that was locked behind Admin access. The main guy left because he's having a kid (which is understandable), but I knew nothing of that beforehand. Now it seems the responsibility with the Wiki is suddenly thrusted upon me since I'm the sole active admin there. It is a step up from writing Langrisser guides on Reddit and a part of me wanted to work on the wiki anyway, but technically I get nothing out of the arrangement. // It doesn't help that I am still unemployed and have no source of income either. I was hoping I would have been able to actually make money for my efforts, but I guess that is something foolish to hope for.

Back to Langrisser Mobile, after 50 or so summons, I got myself an Elwin! Now I just have to build up his equipment, level him up, and hope he fairs well against the Thunder Dragon.

I'm probably gonna save up my Crystals for the upcoming Macho Lotto event which should have the Luna skin available. I also want Zerida, but I doubt I'll be able to get her with the resources I have. (I have been cleaning up the previous Time Rift stages for their rewards.)

@Sire With regards to patreon, I have no idea how successful it will be since I feel the Langrisser community is not that big overall outside of CN at the moment, so the pool of willing supporter is probably pretty shallow. Editing the wiki definitely shouldn't become your job if you're not receiving income from it though. Sure it's nice to have improvements on it, but it shouldn't be more than a pass-time if you don't get paid. Kind of sad you ended up with that responsability thrust upon you if the previous admin didn't discuss it with you. You might want to ask around on reddit to see if other people are willing to become admin on the wiki, though I guess whether that's possible or not depends on how hard it is to become admin. Out of curiosity, is the layout of the wiki mostly CSS or is it something else?

Another attempt at Lana ended with me getting Luna instead. She won't join her sister, will she?

Back to saving for Estelle, I have enough units to build up with Elwin and Hein joining my Empire roster (Hein more or less as Teleport bot because I messed with up Jessica and he is part of the faction).

Edited by Magus of Memery

I'm down to 35 crystals, but I got the Luna skin. Had to go all the way to get it this time. Got the Holy Ark as the SSR accessory, which doesn't look all that good sadly. Extra Runestone is always nice though.

I'm planning on getting the Luna skin. I got the lower tier rewards already and plan on having to spend all my crystals to get it. In short, I'll need to come up with another 3000 crystals before the event ends (if I can get the skin and the runestone first, then I can stop earlier). I know I can get 1000 by just doing the normal logins (I have the Goddess Blessing) and another 1000 if I went for the daily discount deals (total ~$15 if I bought them daily for 7 days). This would leave me with the remaining 1000 crystals that I'll need to farm elsewhere (Bonds, Time Rifts, etc.).

As for the wiki, it is a mixture of CSS, HTML, and the MediaWiki markup code. I've just been learning the stuff as I go along.

I considered getting Luna's skin, but since it's only usable on her as a flier and I use her as an archer, I decided against it.

On the other hand, now that I'm not spending all my pulls on banners, I'm actually collecting resources pretty nicely. 37 vouchers and almost 3000 crystals since I emptied my pulls into Princess banners one and half week ago.

3 hours ago, Sylphid said:

I considered getting Luna's skin, but since it's only usable on her as a flier and I use her as an archer, I decided against it.

On the other hand, now that I'm not spending all my pulls on banners, I'm actually collecting resources pretty nicely. 37 vouchers and almost 3000 crystals since I emptied my pulls into Princess banners one and half week ago.

About the skin, there's gonna be an update down the line that makes skins usable for all tier 3 classes. So the current skin will eventually have a Now Master sprite alongside the current Pegasus sprite.

For example, here's the assassin sprite for cherie's angel skin.

Edited by LuxSpes

@LuxSpes That's nice to know! Also really nice in general because skins being limited to certain classes isn't cool.

But now I need to decide again if I want that skin or to save for future units... Probably save though, I'm not terribly fond of that lotto cost.

I got the Luna lotto skin 2nd to last. Downside is the Runestone is the last item, but I am not spending 1000 crystals for it. So, I get to save my crystals! Woo! // As for future spending, I may try to get Zerida or just save up for the next focus banners (so I can get my Altumuller and maybe Angelina.)

I've also been progressing in the Time Rift a fair amount. Hopefully sometime next week I can max out a T3 class or two and start thinking about how to obtain all the class masteries I need. I'll probably be focusing on Lana first since I already unlocked her T2 class on route to her T3, while Bozel will be 2nd because of the bond requirements and useful skills.

As for how my guys fare against the Thunder Dragon... They still suck. I guess I really have to invest in them heavily, but there are other characters that need to be raised first.

I'm currently using Luna as an archer with Ulr's Bow since most discussions talking about endgame Luna point towards it as the best endgame set-up for her, especially if using Heavenguards. But recently, some people have been pointing out that while Ulr's Bow + Demon Hunter makes a fantastic hit and run unit that allows you to safely bait enemies, her best endgame set-up as a damage dealer is as a flier using maxed out Holy Pegasus. Apparently lvl 10 Pegasus gives you 50% damage reduction 100% of the time when you initiate combat, so it basically makes up for her squishy modifiers and her MDef to Atk conversion allows to hit as hard as Leon if using appropriate gear. Not to mention that the damage reduction from the pegasus apparently stacks additively with Tiaris' Attack Blessing 50% damage reduction, meaning Luna basically takes no damage on initiation with both while hitting really hard. 

I liked Luna as a flier, so it's nice to know that she'll eventually be really good as one, though I'll need to find a Cursed Lance, Twilight Gear and a Veil of Light on top of maxing out the Holy Pegasus. Though 3 range attacking is definitely fun. 

@LuxSpes That's kind of unfortunate since I just recently reduced Luna's flier equipment into hammers which I'm always in dire need of - much more so than even gold, which is apparently a massive bottleneck to others. On the other hand, Getting full damage cut (wow that stacking with Tiaris is nice) sounds nice.

Either way it's a long way away whichever path I'll go with her (probably archer since I'm going to have Cherie and Altemuller anyways), since it will be a while before I would work on Holy Pegasus and I'm still missing that 3 range bow.

If anyone was wondering where I was, my laptop decided to brick itself Monday when I attempted a System Restore. Now I got it back up and running (just need to reinstall everything again too. Man, internet time is too fast. Miss 3 days and the whole world passes by.)

As for my progress, I can now take on the level 55 Event Maps. It involves some Crowd Control and sacrificial plays, but I can clear it and I'm happy about it. Now if only I could clear the challenge maps...

Probably gonna roll for Zerida but stop at the first SSR. I gotta save Crystals for the next focus banners.

That cooking event's English... that has to have gone straight through Google translate with zero touch-up. We might have had "chirps" and stuff before, but that's by far the worst pieces of English we got so far. Hopefully that won't be the new norm!

I'd love getting the Luna skin and I think I'd have enough crystals on hand to get it (4k), but since I spent about 25 10-pulls trying to get Angelina last banner and not getting her (nor Shelfaniel)... I'm keeping absolutely everything I have for her next banner. 

As far as progress go, I've been at roughly the same state for about two weeks. Trying to 3* the elite Time Rift 7 stages so that I can actually start getting the final class upgrade materials. I'm still not level 55 quite yet, but since it takes like 25 items of two types for each character and that you can get about 3 per day, I wanted to start stocking those ahead of time. I haven't been too successful at it due to not managing to 3* those stages in the first place... So my routine has been "do daily quests and call it a day" for about two weeks now. 

Cherie is my first character to master her T3 class. I would go down her other pathways for the stat boosts, but Lana and Bozel still have priority for Runestones. Lana will be my 2nd character to master her T3 class. I know I want to try out Ranger Matthew at some point, but that involved getting a good bow and leveling up my Archer soldiers...

Also, I did 2 random Accessory rolls from the Honor Shop. I ended up getting SSRs both times, one Holy Grail and one Beholder's Eye. Not the best accessories, but are useful enough to be worth raising in the interim. (I ended up putting Holy Grail on Imelda and Beholder's Eye on Liffany.)

Regarding summons, I did 3 Ten-Rolls for Zerida. I didn't get any SSR yet, but Varna finally showed up which is nice. I can also get Freya to 5-star status if I can just fully clear her event before it expires (getting all the Feats).

I'm planning on blazing through the Time Rift today (I'm on Chapter 7, Normal Mode). My stamina has mostly be used for other things (such as Time Rift sweeps for materials), but I really want to get access to the final class mats and later the bond mats.

Did a good amount of progress this week, with my team level reaching 54 yesterday. I also managed to solo two level 55 dragons, the Ice and and Dark one. I'll probably try doing it for the Fire Dragon next, but the Thunder Dragon is still at level 45 since I don't have enough resources to build up Elwin. My main team was falling behind equipment wise, so I've spent most of my gold and ore leveling up their gear to level 50. Managed to max out Cherie's Last Knight and Aeneas' Armor is sitting at level 48. My focus on completing the time rift is slowed down, but I really need to make my team stronger before I can tackle the further levels. Though despite being able to beat higher level dragons, they've been pretty stingy since I haven't got a single SSR from them in a while now.

I also did some pull on the recent banner since I wanted to get more shards to finally get some of my R characters to 6 stars and hopefully 5 stars some characters. After nine 10 pulls, I ended up with Leticia as my first 6 stars, though I have a lot of other characters that are floating around 140 shards, so others should come. I also got access to the memory shop as a result, though with 10 shards at the moment, I won't be buying anything anytime soon. I also managed to get both Zerida and Jugler, which I'm pretty happy about since they both seem to be interesting units, though they'll probably sit on the bench until my main team is maxed out due to how many resources they need in order to reach a their true potential. Aside from that, I also managed to 5 star Chris and get my Freya to 5 stars with 59 shards toward her 6 stars. 

Speaking of Freya, I know she's objectively worse than Ledin, but I've been using her and she still manage to do her job of tanking for my team even in level 50+ maps. It helps that she has 3 SSR equipment (Aeneas's Armor(48)+Helmet(40) and Overlord Badge(30)) plus a level 50 Blood Lance, making her my unit with the highest Total Power. This also contributes in making her the third strongest Freya on my server. 

On 3/18/2019 at 7:08 PM, LuxSpes said:

I'm currently using Luna as an archer with Ulr's Bow since most discussions talking about endgame Luna point towards it as the best endgame set-up for her, especially if using Heavenguards. But recently, some people have been pointing out that while Ulr's Bow + Demon Hunter makes a fantastic hit and run unit that allows you to safely bait enemies, her best endgame set-up as a damage dealer is as a flier using maxed out Holy Pegasus. Apparently lvl 10 Pegasus gives you 50% damage reduction 100% of the time when you initiate combat, so it basically makes up for her squishy modifiers and her MDef to Atk conversion allows to hit as hard as Leon if using appropriate gear. Not to mention that the damage reduction from the pegasus apparently stacks additively with Tiaris' Attack Blessing 50% damage reduction, meaning Luna basically takes no damage on initiation with both while hitting really hard.

I liked Luna as a flier, so it's nice to know that she'll eventually be really good as one, though I'll need to find a Cursed Lance, Twilight Gear and a Veil of Light on top of maxing out the Holy Pegasus. Though 3 range attacking is definitely fun. 

Luna is odd IMO, but I'm on the side of Flier Luna. I'd recommend Cursed Lance, Twilight Armor and KIng's Crown not straight Twilight Gear. Kings Crown does have less Magic Defense (3%) when maxed when bringing Wind Spiral and Queen's Ascension  that's 2 chances to she could buff your other units by 20% Damage Dealt which stacks on top of the Faction Buffs. She won't hit as hard as Leon will she has a better shot being compared to Cherie which is a decent step down from Leon actually in sheer damage. Her Attack reaches high values sure but Leon on the offensive front can boost his attack, he gets chivalry for a large buff outside faction so he's set there, he's easier to get a faction bonus with and his BFF Altmueller gives him a massive boost with his, but mostly Leon has access to Thousand Hooves on the PVP nuke front for 1.7x his damage Luna can't match that nor can she match having Angels especially with her Pegasus, Pegasus do give you the 50% Damage Reduction while attacking 100% of the time, but they're not sweeper units they have no attack benefits unlike Angels which bring great survivability and damage. Luna would have to use Griffon Knights to match Leon level sweeping potential and they have some issues keeping their boost even though they're technically stronger than Angels. Leon also gets 10% Atk and Def when above 90% HP not to mention his Chivalry gives him a way to self heal and Leon. Pegasus are fine, but they're defensive, you can use Luna to whittle HP with Wind Pressure and Queen's Ascension and she can deal decent damage, but she's not Leon and can't be used the same way.

For Flier Luna, the Pegasus are used for survivability since she is rather fragile due to building MDEF instead of DEF (mainly tanks) or HP (everyone else). This is why many tend to go Bow Luna so they don't have to deal with Luna being fragile. If you wanted a "one-hit wonder" Luna, Griffon Knights may be the way to go. However, one can't deal damage if the unit is dead (this is why Lance and Laird are not used as much).
I did 6-Ten pulls on the Zerida banner. Got an SSR. It wasn't Zerida. It wasn't even Jugler. I got Dieharte.

Honestly, not too sure what to feel right now. Dieharte is useful for Origin teams for his Faction Buff if he goes down his Assassin path, or he can be Cavalry DPS by going down his main Royal Knight line. Aside from trying to figure out what class line I want him to go down, at least he won't spook me later when trying for Luna in a different Focus Banner (Dieharte, Tiaris, Luna).

I'm still tempted to try for Zerida, but my rational self is telling me to save so I can get my Altemuller and maybe Angelina from their upcoming focus banners. There should be a Tiaris skin lotto ("Joan of Arc" style) as well, but I may just spend some minor crystals for the rewards as I care not for the skin itself. After that it's probably the Luna and Shelf focuses.
- - - - -
Edit: Got Lana to master her Dark Princess class. Time to master Martyr and revert back for better stats. I could stay Martyr to handle Demons better with Lana, but I got Chris for that.

Edited by Sire

10 hours ago, Sire said:

For Flier Luna, the Pegasus are used for survivability since she is rather fragile due to building MDEF instead of DEF (mainly tanks) or HP (everyone else). This is why many tend to go Bow Luna so they don't have to deal with Luna being fragile.

This is precisely why I have my Luna as bow cavalry. Aside from lacking a bow type unit when I changed her (I've built Narm since then though) and really liking bow cavalry in this type of games. That mobility and range with boots is crazy lol. And that's not even her final form since I'm missing Ullr's bow. I've been getting those random ssr packs from the equipment store but no luck this far. I did get a duplicate of that MDef dagger though so that's higher level now lol. Please tell me increasing its star rank increases the amount of Orichalcum I'll get when reducing it.

As for the current banner, Zerida looks interesting and I kind of want her, but I think I'll save my pulls for now. I still want to get Shelfaniel from her eventual focus banner, plus I saw Lanford's design and really want him now.

Incidentally, weren't we supposed to get new main story chapters after the last update? I rushed the story because of it, but no new chapters. Plus seems like there's a main story spoiler in other parts of the game already...