Sub Zero

22 hours ago, PickleKnight97 said:

I have forever been put off by SolPhelia, thanks to it's absolutely horrible support, it's bizarrely large following, and it's stupid "official" name ("Sophelia? Um... you don't think people are gonna mix that up with Sophie and Ophelia?). 

So...Whos the Sol in SolPhelia? I haven't played Fates in ages.

The ship name sounds awful too... 

@X-Naut *Pukes in garbage can*

@BrightBow hahaha....I knew this was coming

Edited by Emperor Chiam Longblade

It's Soleil and Ophelia. And it's preeeeeetty bad.

And while I won't name anything specific I'm not fond of "unrequited love that can never happen" pairs for the firestorms they start, and Avatar vanity pairs.

Edited by X-Naut
Might as well add my own two cents.

I’m just gonna echo SoleilxOphelia. I mean why do people ship these two so much. Their supports just boil down to soleil sexually harassesing Ophelia and then giving a half-assed explaination as to why which then Ophelia decides to accept for whatever reason. I mean I understand why  they’d be good friends considering their fathers but the support and ship itself just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Also depending on pairing shenanigans they could very well be both first and second cousins which just makes things weirder.

40 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

I’m just gonna echo SoleilxOphelia. I mean why do people ship these two so much. Their supports just boil down to soleil sexually harassesing Ophelia and then giving a half-assed explaination as to why which then Ophelia decides to accept for whatever reason. I mean I understand why  they’d be good friends considering their fathers but the support and ship itself just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Also depending on pairing shenanigans they could very well be both first and second cousins which just makes things weirder.

I think it's just people desperate for more same-sex S-Supports than what we ended up getting.

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I think it's just people desperate for more same-sex S-Supports than what we ended up getting.

Fair enough, but of all the ships you could potentially do... why the one that involves blatant sexual harassment? I don't think they had a support, but I think Caeldori/Soleil would be a lot better.

Edited by PickleKnight97

26 minutes ago, PickleKnight97 said:

Fair enough, but of all the ships you could potentially do... why the one that involves blatant sexual harassment? I don't think they had a support, but I think Caeldori/Soleil would be a lot better.

I think the fans do it more because they find Inigo's and Owain's kids hooking up to be cute rather than the awkward support they ended up getting. They probably don't like the support either. 

So, I'm going to pick a pre-3DS FE pairing.

So I don't get Florina X Hector at all (and even Florina X Lyn is a bit of a pass for me). The support and their convos outside of it don't work imo. Florina herself doesn't really seem like she's in the place to have a romantic relationship, hetero or homosexual.

There is that one map in Sacred Stones that has ships that essentially served as ballista placed on sea. Since they are on sea you can basically only reach them with fliers, but fliers do of course take effective damage from ballista. And since these ships have more range then any flier has movement, they are very difficult to actually touch, usually resulting in them being a massive pain in the neck throughout the whole map.

Edited by BrightBow

Chrom x Maiden. This one had to be mentioned.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

There is that one map in Sacred Stones that has ships that essentially served as ballista placed on sea. Since they are on sea you can basically only reach them with fliers, but fliers do of course take effective damage from ballista. And since these ships have more range then any flier has movement, they are very difficult to actually touch, usually resulting in them being a massive pain in the neck throughout the whole map.

Oh my gosh XD

Edited by Arcphoenix

1 hour ago, PickleKnight97 said:

I have forever been put off by SolPhelia, thanks to it's absolutely horrible support, it's bizarrely large following, and it's stupid "official" name ("Sophelia? Um... you don't think people are gonna mix that up with Sophie and Ophelia?). 

Okay so I haven't gotten any of the kids in Fates because I'm not interesting in recruiting the kids in that game, but everything I've seen of Soleil I'm not a big fan of. Like, she just seems like a character who sexually harasses women but it's okay because she's a woman herself. Like, no it's not okay.

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So I don't get Florina X Hector at all (and even Florina X Lyn is a bit of a pass for me). The support and their convos outside of it don't work imo. Florina herself doesn't really seem like she's in the place to have a romantic relationship, hetero or homosexual.

I liked Florina and Hector because I felt like she needed a man. Also I'm all for Eliwood x Lynn and I needed Hector to marry someone. I also really felt like Florina needed some closure to her being all weird around men, because guys are so sweet and lovely. Now... Hector probably wouldn't be my first choice for Florina but uh... hell that's the one she picked apparently, because she can't marry anyone else.

Now for me, I always hate the whole, "You have a choice, but we picked this one for you." So I really hate Eliwood x Ninian, I also feel like this does nothing for Ninian's personal growth. I also really hate Chrom and Sumia.

Others would be Hector x Lynn because I feel like they'd get divorced so fast. Sorry guys but Ike x Elincia is something I'll pass on too (she also marries Geoffrey just sayin', which I feel like everyone forgets), and I'm totally not a fan of Lucina and Robin either, even if I did play as male Robin just... no thanks. I'd actually probably marry him to Anna if I did play as him. I actually like that a lot, despite not looking at their supports or anything relating to them.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Just about every pairing between Corrin and the Hoshidan siblings because its so painfully lacking in dignity, undermining the whole premise just for some pesudo incest pairings. 

I'm also not a fan of Robin x Lucina. It just seems incredibly awkward. 

yQHcnJ2.png

What's the issue with Lucina? She's a technical adult in that picture.

I'd say all the siblings couples make for an uncomfortable pairing with Corrin, especially Camilla. She's probably the only sibling canonically attracted to him and in their support Corrin says he wants to her stop with her advances, until he changes his mind abruptly in the S support.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I know that some people like the contrast between the shy Florina and the brash Hector, but their support is honestly one of Hector's weakest and outside of the time her pegasus fell on him, they never really have meaningful interactions. I don't really have a dog in the race for whom Hector should be with but Lyn has way more dialogue to support a potential relationship.

---
On topic, Cordelia x Frederick is just sad. Cordelia is settling and they BOTH know it.

Anything that's infringing on canon. (except AtlasxCelica, cause come on, Alm can do better and Atlas clearly likes her) 

Y'know, stuff like Tobin X Gray. Ech

I'm also just not a big fan of PythonXForsyth. I dunno why, I just don't think it's accurate to thee characters.

22 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

Anything that's infringing on canon. (except AtlasxCelica, cause come on, Alm can do better and Atlas clearly likes her) 

Y'know, stuff like Tobin X Gray. Ech

I'm also just not a big fan of PythonXForsyth. I dunno why, I just don't think it's accurate to thee characters.

Didn't mention before but I agree with this. Romanticizing close friendships like this for the sake of having same-sex couples is a pet peeve of mine.

5 hours ago, PersonWithTime said:

Sorry guys but Ike x Elincia is something I'll pass on too (she also marries Geoffrey just sayin', which I feel like everyone forgets)

I openly can not stand Ike x Elincia. It literally just can't work out without at least one of them being out of character. You either have Ike committing to a lifestyle he would hate (he couldn't even stand being a lord for Christ sake), or you have Elincia literally throwing all her character development out the window in order to go run off with Ike. Basically abandoning her country, after she fought so hard to keep it (literally willing to give up her best friend in order to do so). Like WTF! I really like their friendship, but the ship... just.. just.. no!

Edited by Elincia

1 hour ago, Elincia said:

I openly can not stand Ike x Elincia. It literally just can't work out without at least one of them being out of character. You either have Ike committing to a lifestyle he would hate (he couldn't even stand being a lord for Christ sake), or you have Elincia literally throwing all her character development out the window in order to go run off with Ike. Basically abandoning her country, after she fought so hard to keep it (literally willing to give up her best friend in order to do so). Like WTF! I really like their friendship, but the ship... just.. just.. no!

Thank you for saying you like their friendship. I feel like everyone is so focused on them being a couple that their wonderful friendship is often overlooked.

2 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Didn't mention before but I agree with this. Romanticizing close friendships like this for the sake of having same-sex couples is a pet peeve of mine.

I see this happen more with dude pairings than female ones. I feel like it's because it's so rare to see guys together in media so people do shit like that to fill the void. I don't really like turning male friends into ships because I feel like if it happens too often it pisses people off, so when there is actual evidence to support a dude pairing people jump the gun to "they're just friends" even when there's good evidence to show that they very well may not be just friends. Like for me Eliwood and Hector are clearly just good friends, and any ships between them I'd find weird. Ike and Soren on the other hand, I don't think someone should immediately shut that down because there is good evidence for it. So yeah, just my thoughts on that.

I'm not really a fan of Genny x Saber. I get that she likes older men, but I feel like Saber is a tad too old for her. There's also the fact that Saber's wife is always with him in his ending, which kind of clashes with Genny's ending where no one knows who she married. If Saber is with his wife all the time, wouldn't that mean people would know who Genny married? Anyway, the age difference between the two bothers me.

If she's 15, I'm 15.

Finn x Lachesis isn't necessarily a bad pairing, and I can understand it, but I feel like Finn works better as an adoptive father to Nanna. It's also not a very good pairing in FE4 gameplay-wise, because Finn ends up losing all of his good lances, and the worst part is that they can't even be inherited to Diarmuid since he doesn't use lances.

Anyone's ships for Genealogy/Awakening/Fates characters that aren't or don't agree with mine are all bad.

Edelgard x Byleth isn't all that great either. Students having relationships with their teachers is just weird, and we all know how bad Roy x Cecilia is.

Many (myself included) complain about pairing child-like characters, but while most focus on the females (like Elise, Sakura or Midori), for me, the worst case in Fates is Percy. God, in no definition of 'being of age' would Percy reach the threshold. He is a child, however one portrays him.
Percy's case is worse than Nowi's because there was a deliberate intention to make her sexually appealing (through lolita pandering) to a specific audience and a deliberate (and ridiculous) intention to justify it (through that dragon-age nonsense), while he is just a simple kid. Percy is presented as a kid, looks like a kid, acts like a kid, talks like a kid, dresses like a kid...  How can one marry a kid?! It is sickening!!

13 hours ago, starburst said:

Many (myself included) complain about pairing child-like characters, but while most focus on the females (like Elise, Sakura or Midori), for me, the worst case in Fates is Percy. God, in no definition of 'being of age' would Percy reach the threshold. He is a child, however one portrays him.
Percy's case is worse than Nowi's because there was a deliberate intention to make her sexually appealing (through lolita pandering) to a specific audience and a deliberate (and ridiculous) intention to justify it (through that dragon-age nonsense), while he is just a simple kid. Percy is presented as a kid, looks like a kid, acts like a kid, talks like a kid, dresses like a kid...  How can one marry a kid?! It is sickening!!

The localization gave a "totes legal adults" line to Elise and Midori. I suppose they didn't care about the likes of Percy.

11 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

The localization gave a "totes legal adults" line to Elise and Midori. I suppose they didn't care about the likes of Percy.

I guess they didn't think there were enough people into shotas for them to need to bother.

That or they just flat-out forgot about him.  I know I did.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai