Your Smash headcanons

Etrurian emperor

Smash is a giant crossover where characters from all sorts of franchises meet. That's a scenario ripe for character interaction so what are everyone's headcanons on how all these characters would get along and the  kind of wacky adventures they undertake?

Bayonetta: After she finished beating up poor Pit and feeding him to Gomorrah she starts warming up to the angel and takes him under her wing as her newest ''little one''. Pit agrees on account of being too intimidated to refuse. 

Bowser: Having so many defeats under his belt and becoming a joke villain makes Bowser feel very inadequate compared to his fellow villains like Ganondorf or Ridley. This causes Bowser to create all sort of wacky schemes to show up his rival villains by trying to beat them up, defeat the heroes that usually defeat his rival villains, kidnap the characters known for being damsels to look impressive or just take over/destroy the whole Smashverse to show he's the greatest villain of them all. All these plots are easily stopped which leaves Bowser humiliated and makes him seem a clown in the eyes of the other villains. 

Lucas: Lucas has a huge win rate because all the Smashers feel so bad for him that they go easy on the kid. 

Roy: Roy and Roy Koopa don't like each other though I guess that's pretty much canon. Roy Koopa also acts like a stereotypical bully the the younger Smashers by doing things like taking Ness and Lucas their lunch money or stuffing Toon Link in a locker. He goes by the name of Bully in the cartoons after all. 

Ganondorf: The final event match in Melee is actually Ganondorf's scheme to take over the Smashverse. He causes Bowser to go giga with his dark magic and he takes control Mewtwo. 

Spirit stuff:

King K Rool has Dimentio and Hades as his most ''canon'' spirits. All three are silly villains at first glance before turning out much darker than expected with them having torture or perhaps even genocide under their belt. 

Lucina has Morag as her personal spirit. She looks up to Morag as the type of professional warrior she wants to one day becoming. And having similar looking little brothers doesn't hurt either. 

Bayonetta actually wants more younger and innocent characters like Elise as her spirits, on account of her gathering new ''little ones'' 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

One major headcanon I've always had is that Marth and Roy are BFFs. They get along extremely well, and they train together. When Roy didn't return for Brawl, Marth was really upset, and took to taking a load of pictures (he was able to eventually wrap his head around technology) and making an album for Roy in hopes that when he returns, he'll be able to see all the amazing things he missed. When Roy eventually returned for Smash 4, Marth was over the moon. They both cried when they saw each other.

I know they're both from FE, but...I just think they'd get along.

Piranha Plant didn't receive an invitation to battle like everyone else did. It actually started as a potted plant kept around for decoration that somehow learned how to walk, and one day it wandered on to the battlefield and did surprisingly well for itself. Master Hand decided it was worth keeping around and pretended that it learning to fight was his idea all along.

Otacon and Tora quickly became the best of friends, since Tora is one of the few people Otacon can share the wonders of anime with. Poppi has since adopted Metal Gear REX as her big brotherpon. Snake finds their friendship weird.

R.O.B. is Master Hand's assistant who handles things Master Hand is too important for. He has mixed feelings about working with the guy who destroyed the rest of his species.

Shulk and Link are best bros and roommates and the normally stoic Shulk finds himself talking more because Link rarely speaks.

One day Link wants to try the Monado, which results in a destroyed TV and TV stand and an extremely pissed off Shulk because now he can't watch The Matrix. But he forgives his bro after a day.

Snake brings booze. A lot. Mumkhar gets ahold of it and pees on a pole outside and gets dragged away by hub police. Melia doesn't want to be a spirit anymore but she has to deal with it. She's appalled that she has to be the same thing as "that murderous heathen". Snake is no longer allowed to leave booze laying around.

Edited by Dragoncat

Chrom joined Smash because he wanted to check up on his daughter Lucina.
That and he was gave in to the gossip among the Shepherds involving Lucina and Robin.
Alternatively he was drafted entirely by some hilarious accident when visiting Lucina.

The three Links have a gang and also play music as a band sometimes

Pokemon Trainer tries to catch the other available Pokemon fighters and is confused as to why he can't.
(He has also tried catching catching every other animal-like fighter....)

Robin and Corrin are both aware that they are in a video game.

Edited by Arcphoenix

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Lucas: Lucas has a huge win rate because all the Smashers feel so bad for him that they go easy on the kid. 

That.... that's so sad.

Lucas has an extremely strong disdain for Wario because of that one thing that happened in Subspace. He refuses to acknowledge Wario's existence, and only does so when they have to fight. Lucas wins every time.

Fox and Falco have the same Final Smash because they only brought one Landmaster.

Megaman, Mario, Luigi, Kind Dedede, Little Mac, and Ken are all dead. Not really a headcanon, just actual canon.

Crazy Hand is responsible for inviting Wii Fit Trainer and Piranha Plant, much to Master Hand's exasperation but amusement.

The Ganondorf at the tournament is taken from a time when he's dead or sealed away, so he treats it like a "vacation" from being evil. He's still a jerk but he isn't plotting to kill everyone and conquer the world or anything like that.

I apologize in advance for the language. Cue copy and paste from a Discord convo.

One day Chrom has a few drinks and he's like
"I come from a different world, I fight in a different world, I'm in a different world in said different world, it's all different worlds man. You can't fucking explain this shit"
"And it's all controlled by a giant disembodied floating hand!"
"Ah, fuck it, I'm finding that creepy dude with the claw gloves and seeing if he'll sell me any of whatever he's smoking. Maybe I'll understand it then"

Headcanon 1: Peach, Rosalina, and Daisy are all together again. Insert fanfiction shenanigans, whether wholesome or lewd (or even downright weird).

Headcanon 2: Lucina and Shulk are really great friends, close enough to be together-together (even if they state they're not), but Richter butts in and Shulk's feels his place in Lucina's life has been threatened. Flirty Richter, jealous Shulk, and oblivious Lucina in one place? Such a combination can never be anything good.

Headcanon 3: Pikachu becomes attached to Samus after the events of Subspace Emissary, and after a while she gives in to the Pokemon, eventually "adopting" it and mothering over the electric mouse like one would their son/daughter. As the two continue to bond, she decides to become a Pokemon Trainer (this would be around where Ultimate's "plot" ends, where everyone breaks up for the "final" time). She proceeds to do just that after SSBU's end, even going so far as capturing Ridley after traveling to space again.

Headcanon 4: Viridi hates humanity, yet for some reason she thinks every sword-wielder who's at least mildly attractive (especially Link and Marth) is downright fap material. We also already know that Viridi is a MAJOR geek, whether she likes to admit it or not. I propose, then, that Viridi...secretly makes Yaoi pairings of the ones she thinks are "attractive". And she keeps Palutena as a frenemy not because of their differences of opinion concerning humanity, but because she doesn't want to chance becoming a laughingstock to the other deities because of her lewd fantasies — not knowing that Palutena's the exact same and is keeping Viridi at arms length for the same reason.

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Come to think of it Hector could be a pretty good canon spirit for Shulk. He'd be the stand in for Reyn as the boisterous and kinda foolish big guy that wants to protect the meeker, nerdy Shulk who in turn could remind Hector of Eliwood. 

Reyn's a spirit too though. I believe he was leaked...

Bowser Jr and the Inklings get along very well making graffiti everywhere and generally being mischievous. Mario and Bowser are not amused.

Isabelle requested to join smash just to make sure Villager was doing OK. She puts up with being a fighter but doesn't actually like conflict.

Shulk's Monado CAN hurt people in this game because Master Hand released the seal that prevents the Monado from doing that. For "balance" and all that.

Without his party there to back him up, Ness is quite insecure and takes things way too seriously. Eventually, his new friends allow him to relearn how to have fun.

Wii Fit Trainer is constantly jealous of the muscles on the other fighters.

Bowser and Luigi both asked to borrow Kirby's warp star to get an edge in Mario Kart after Toadette got her hands on the Blue Falcon (don't ask how she managed to get here in the first place!). Kirby said no.

9 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

Bowser Jr and the Inklings get along very well making graffiti everywhere and generally being mischievous. Mario and Bowser are not amused.

I feel the Inklings would get along very well with Jr too but I also think they'd really like the Koopalings. The Koopalings are often depicted with this ''too cool for school'' attitude which the Inklings would certainly appreciate. But the Inklings do seem good kids beneath all that moxie so they might get a falling out with the Koopa's eventually. 

Sharla is Dr. Mario's canon spirit, and they make such a great team that Master Hand allows them to work together on the medical stuff as often as they want. Dr. Mario had Sharla some scrubs made because he didn't like the skimpy outfit she was wearing. He told her it was because medics in the Smash Hub are required to wear proper medical attire though. Sharla works on basic injuries in the field mostly, and Dr. Mario prescribes medication. The younger fighters (Ness, Lucas, Bowser Jr etc) get lollipops from Sharla after she treats them. Bowser Jr is rumored to purposely get cuts and scrapes so he can have a lollipop.

When asked if she knew anyone who could be added to the medical team (because the World of Light conflict is BRUTAL), Sharla suggested the machina doctor Linada. Master Hand brought her in and all she did was make things awkward like asking Fox for the nitty gritty details of how he was born because she thought he was a homs/volff hybrid. She also thought Pit was an entia with wings in the wrong place. Master Hand almost sent her back, but then she saved ROB's life so he let her stay. Neither Sharla or Dr. Mario had any clue on how to perform surgery on a mechanical life form, but to Linada, it was easy. ROB was heavily injured and only surgery could save him.

Edited by Dragoncat

Ike and Richter are headband bros and arm wrestle a lot and stuff. Well, RD Ike is the one that arm wrestles anyway, since his PoR self isn't a musclehead. :P

Luigi's scared shitless to be near Richter or Simon though, because of what happened in their trailer. He feels like they might attract Death again. lol

Shulk and Lucina like talking about changing the future because that's kinda what both do. Lucina constantly asks Shulk if he can see visions of Chrom ever being hurt bad, but as many times as he says it doesn't exactly work that way, she just doesn't want to stop. xP

Frederick is lonely and sad that he can't help his lord because everyone he serves is a Smash fighter or in Lissa's case, a spirit. :(

Villager's canon spirit is Anthony and no one can stop me.

Also Ike snuck in some heroes friends so that's why we have a bunch of FE spirits. 

Anthony does hang around with the kid villagers and Isabelle a lot when not with his FE companions

Pit and Megaman were waiting for when Simon was announced to greet him. They went out for pizza afterwards.

Also Felicia is Isabelle's spirit

I don't have Ultimate so I don't know all the spirits.