Worst FE crossover?

Sub Zero

Try to give me the worst POTENTIAL crossovers. Sorry for not specifying.

My example...Gears Of War x Fire Emblem.

Edited by Emperor Chiam Longblade

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Because if the later one could argue that #FE is the only one that might count as FE doing a crossover with another series. 

You could count Fire Emblem Warriors as well.  Although that doesn't have as many original characters, I don't think.

Anyway, I'm placing my vote on any FE ROM hacks that had the likes of Cloud, Sephiroth, Link, Chuck Norris, Goku, or any other pop culture characters or gaming icons.  Those are almost never good crossovers, mostly because the people who cooked them up shoveled themselves up to their arse in bad memes.  Dated, tasteless, stupid, and all around unfunny.

Seriously though, I haven't played enough games that could be categorized as "Fire Emblem crossovers" in any capacity to give my opinion.  I've played Smash, Warriors, and Heroes, and they're all so radically different from one another.  I guess the "worst" at being a FE crossover would be Smash, but I'd hardly say it's also bad game.  Warriors is fun and I personally don't have a stick up my behind about the casting choices.  And Heroes... was fun while I still played it.  I guess Heroes is probably my least favorite because I no longer play it (and I take issue with them making half a dozen alts for a few select characters exclusively).

22 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You could count Fire Emblem Warriors as well.  Although that doesn't have as many original characters, I don't think.

I'm not so sure about that. I don't really see FE Warrior as a crossover because Fire Emblem wasn't crossing over with the Dynasty or Warriors franchises, it merely borrowed their gameplay template for a bit. #FE is a crossover because the persona series met Fire Emblem, but FE Warriors is solely Fire Emblem.  

Edited by Etrurian emperor

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Depends on what you mean with crossovers. Do you mean Fire Emblem games having cross over with each other of Fire Emblem having a crossover with another series? Because if the later one could argue that #FE is the only one that might count as FE doing a crossover with another series. 

With other series. For example..Elder Scrolls and FE.

I'm assuming you mean potential given the limited selection. Fire Emblem x Cooking Mama Fire Emblem x Wii Fit

Edited by Arcphoenix
Ike or Lukas shows you how to make a cake

Is this worst FE crossover that does exist or worst FE crossover that could exist?

Because the former isn't really an interesting topic. #FE is pretty much the only official thing we've got (I think?) and it's not bad from my understanding (though I wasn't able to play it due to missing the boat on the Wii U).

To have the worst idea for an FE crossover that could possibly exist, you'd have to get straight up ridiculous, like FE x Huniepop or FE x Candy Crush. 

Uh, I'm kinda confused by your question. Do you mean existing crossovers or potential crossovers?

If it's the former, I'd say Persona Emblem: Mystery of The Idol. At least Fire Emblem Warriors actually looked like a Fire Emblem game. 

If it's the latter....I dunno, Senran Kagura X Fire Emblem I guess?

People actin' all confused about the question but I'm going to go with the worst idea possible for a Fire Emblem crossover because that idea sounds fun.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

If it's the latter....I dunno, Senran Kagura X Fire Emblem I guess?

They already released Fates.

5 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Fire Emblem x Cooking Mama Fire Emblem x Wii Fit

It could work.

Both of them.

You know what wouldn't work, though? Uh...

Bubsy Emblem 3D: Cat-astrophic Battle for the Fur-Emblem

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

To have the worst idea for an FE crossover that could possibly exist, you'd have to get straight up ridiculous, like FE x Huniepop

Hol' up I missed this

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

They already released Fates.

We should also attempt to explain how the worst ideas possible could, theoretically and assuming masterful execution, kind of work.

If you mean worst FE crossovers that already exist, then #FE and FE Warriors both have the same problem of only having Archanea (and Fates in the latter case) characters in the base game.

If you’re talking worst FE crossover that could exist, well, any crossover can be done poorly, but the ones that would be terrible just from the basic concept alone would probably be stuff along the lines of the following:

Fire Emblem x Mario Party (it wouldn’t be bad so much as it wouldn’t make any sense)

Fire Emblem x Fallout/Elder Scrolls (I like my Fire Emblem games without bugs, thank you very much)

Fire Emblem x Any Visual Novel (the main reason to play a FE game is the Strategy RPG gameplay, and you know a visual novel would just take all the worst aspects of an FE story, rather than the best). 

Fire Emblem x Mass Effect

Fire Emblem x sports games (again: wouldn’t make any sense)

On 12/5/2018 at 7:50 AM, vanguard333 said:

Fire Emblem x Mario Party (it wouldn’t be bad so much as it wouldn’t make any sense)

Fire Emblem x Fallout/Elder Scrolls (I like my Fire Emblem games without bugs, thank you very much)

Those actually sound like they could be a lot of fun.  I'd love to build my armies and trust no one in an Elder Emblems or smack Corrin off a ledge with a toy hammer in Emblem Party.

Seriously though, I'd totally be down for an open world Fire Emblem game.  I mean, I'd prefer the Zelda: Breath of the Wild gameplay most, but I'd be willing to take a buggy game if it meant I could run around destroying giant factions and big dreams as the great assassin Reese.

Fire Emblem x Mass Effect

Basically what Fire Emblem Fates should've been.  Except it also features evil sentient space ships and a mono-gendered blueberry species that's somehow able to mate with any living being with the capacity to be horny for female-looking organisms.

Actually, the latter might be oddly appropriate for that game, given some slight tweaking and retooling.  And this is all assuming we're going with the older games' writing - writing that's more in line with Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Fire Emblem x Any Visual Novel (the main reason to play a FE game is the Strategy RPG gameplay, and you know a visual novel would just take all the worst aspects of an FE story, rather than the best). 

Basically Fire Emblem, but just the supports... and only the bad supports.  But then I don't even know what part of that would be Fire Emblem at the end of the day.

I'll place my bets on the crossover visual novel being one of those Sakura novels on Steam that have lots of nudity.  Unfortunately I think that also means there's a prime subject character from Fire Emblem to cross over into that, and I think that'd be entering dangerous territory.  Especially if there are any scenes that play out like Sakura x Camilla in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Oh, but it'd be quite a train wreck to witness.  Like watching a nuclear explosion going off - you know it symbolizes the end of the world, but you just can't tear your eyes away from it.

Just take that one battering game from Wii Sports Resort and multiply it enough to make a full game.

Or just do the boxing game from Wii Sports.  I'd be down to pummel the crap out of Corrin.

So I assumed this was talking about "worst crossover that exists" for FE, not potential ones.  So I'll just list a few horrible ideas and how they could possibly work.

• x Call of Duty - Generic answer, I know, but sometimes the most obvious answers are the best answers.  I think if they took whatever elements of teamwork there have ever been in the Call of Duty franchise, it could... sort of work.
  • x Minecraft - Once again a game that gets a lot of flak, but I'm just not sure how a game about medieval army tactics could mix with a game about collecting resources to build a home and eventually kill a dragon.  Honestly, the existence of swords and dragons is the only thing these games share, just add an emblem and call it a day, I guess.
  • x Half-Life - Now if one thought the previous two games would be rough... how could this work?  What would it even be?  How do you mix Fire Emblem into Half-Life and how do you mix Half-Life into Fire Emblem?  I feel like this would be one of those cases where you'd have to go all in on one side or the other and just throw in characters from the other franchise, sort of like with Fire Emblem Warriors.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:50 AM, vanguard333 said:

Actually, I wouldn't mind if there were a Fire Emblem Olympics game, just for the sheer hilarity of the situations that could occur. Like a knight outrunning a laguz just because the player shook the controller like a madman, or Sigurd and Arvis engaging in an intense match of ping pong. Thrown in countless other scenarios like this, and we might have the strangest yet funniest Fire Emblem game yet.

If nothing else, a Fire Emblem fencing game could be interesting to see, with multiple weapons, styles, characters, and classes to choose from.

As for the topic itself, about the only thing I can think of is Fire Emblem X Into The Breach, if only because it would be flipping which aspects are random and which ones are static of each game, which in turn would defeat the purpose of the crossover considering how important those elements are. Besides, a Fire Emblem game about defeating giant bugs instead of other human enemies would remove quite a bit of the groundedness that the series has, while a mech game with only medieval weaponry wouldn't be quite as creative.

Everything else I can think of I could actually legitimately see working after I give some thought to it, or it's so ironic that I actually want to see it happen.

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Just take that one battering game from Wii Sports Resort and multiply it enough to make a full game.

Maybe. Maybe that could work.

Or just do the boxing game from Wii Sports.  I'd be down to pummel the crap out of Corrin.

That I might like. Throw in Alm as well, and a stock character whose face says, "Awakening favouritism". 

Those actually sound like they could be a lot of fun.  I'd love to build my armies and trust no one in an Elder Emblems or smack Corrin off a ledge with a toy hammer in Emblem Party.

Seriously though, I'd totally be down for an open world Fire Emblem game.  I mean, I'd prefer the Zelda: Breath of the Wild gameplay most, but I'd be willing to take a buggy game if it meant I could run around destroying giant factions and big dreams as the great assassin Reese.

I would like an open-world FE as well. Personally, I'd rather it either crossover with Breath of the Wild or Xenoblade Chronicles (as much as I'm not a fan of the combat system in Xenoblade; I don't like combat that comes down to auto-attack and button prompts with cooldowns). I just think Nintendo and Bethesda working together on a game would be a bad idea, though I'd love to see footage of Nintendo game devs telling Todd Howard how to properly make a game. 

I do like that idea of sending Corrin off a ledge with a toy hammer.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Basically what Fire Emblem Fates should've been.  Except it also features evil sentient space ships and a mono-gendered blueberry species that's somehow able to mate with any living being with the capacity to be horny for female-looking organisms.

Actually, the latter might be oddly appropriate for that game, given some slight tweaking and retooling.  And this is all assuming we're going with the older games' writing - writing that's more in line with Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Oh; don't get me wrong; I'd love to see Nintendo work with the writers of the original Mass Effect games, especially since Nintendo have always been better game makers than storytellers. I just can't see how an FE crossover with Mass Effect would work. Apart from both games using a team of characters, they are worlds apart. 

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

x Minecraft - Once again a game that gets a lot of flak, but I'm just not sure how a game about medieval army tactics could mix with a game about collecting resources to build a home and eventually kill a dragon.  Honestly, the existence of swords and dragons is the only thing these games share, just add an emblem and call it a day, I guess.

Minecraft has a dragon in it? I had no idea. 

24 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Minecraft has a dragon in it? I had no idea. 

Yeah, it's the Ender Dragon.  It was added roughly around 2012, and can only be found in a world alternate to the normal world and the Netherworld - this third world being found via a pre-built portal in a fortress that you have to gather resources for in order to activate it.  It was meant to be a sort of "end goal" to Minecraft's otherwise very open-ended gameplay, at least in Survival Mode.

There has been a ton of things added to the game since it initially came out.  That doesn't even count all the mods for it.  I don't really follow the game much myself, but I sometimes watch my brother play it and some YouTubers I watch play the game occasionally, and that's how I know about some of this newer stuff.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Oh; don't get me wrong; I'd love to see Nintendo work with the writers of the original Mass Effect games, especially since Nintendo have always been better game makers than storytellers. I just can't see how an FE crossover with Mass Effect would work. Apart from both games using a team of characters, they are worlds apart. 

Have you heard about the rumor/concept of a Fire Emblem that would take place on Mars?  I'll say that the team-oriented combat is the only similarity they really need to make something of it, you can go quite far with just one idea if you're creative and open-minded.

Also, Nintendo are merely the publishers for Fire Emblem, Intelligent Systems are the ones that actually do development work on it.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

I would like an open-world FE as well. Personally, I'd rather it either crossover with Breath of the Wild or Xenoblade Chronicles (as much as I'm not a fan of the combat system in Xenoblade; I don't like combat that comes down to auto-attack and button prompts with cooldowns). I just think Nintendo and Bethesda working together on a game would be a bad idea, though I'd love to see footage of Nintendo game devs telling Todd Howard how to properly make a game. 

Again, it'd likely be Intelligent Systems or some other development company working with Bethesda, not Nintendo.  At most, Nintendo would be advising, at least if it went anything like previous FE crossovers.

For real, I think Bethesda's a solid development company, but they've just recently gotten way too full of themselves after the successes of Skyrim and Fallout 4.  That happens with a lot of companies, even Nintendo needs to be knocked down a peg or two at times.  Nintendo being able to make games like Breath of the Wild without them being horribly riddled with bugs (at least for too long) is less a condemnation of Bethesda and more a testament to how good Nintendo is at making games.

I feel if things worked out ideally, the writing teams would complement each other quite well.  Bethesda isn't known for making great characters (at least not more than, like, ten good characters), but they can make really cool and interesting worlds and backstories.  Intelligent Systems, meanwhile, has recently struggled with worldbuilding, but they're great at making lots of appealing characters.

Personally, my pipe dream crossover for IS would be with the Obsidian writers - the guys who made Fallout: New Vegas and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II.  Maybe get Chris Avellone in on the action, too.  Then you'd have a great overall story and neat characters.  The only problem would be all the cut content.

If we are talking about most hated or least favorite of existing entries, then it's Smash Brothers. I just cannot stand seeing a particularly stupid, ditzy princess on the same level as Marth, Roy (or by that logic Caeda/Lilina?).

Hypothetical? How about the following?

• Mario (for the very same reason as above - fuck this especially)
  • Sports game (as previously stated by others)