What FE chapter did you have the most trouble with?

Sub Zero

What FE chapter made you suffer the longest?

Personally, it was the chapter when they introduced the ballista in FE7. I dont know why I was stuck on it though...

OH WAIT I KNOW WHY!!! ITS BECAUSE THE BALLISTA IS BULLLLLSSSSSHHHIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

but seriously...the ballista is annoying af.

It took me to my wit's end but after 1 hour of pure torture I realized that I just have to wait for the enemies to rush me than I can just demolish them...I was able to kill the Ballista Douche shortly after. 

Edited by Emperor Chiam Longblade

Chapter 20x Sacae Route of Binding Blade. Your deployment slots are scattered into 3 clusters around the map, and then having 6 different thrones, with 5 of them being fake thrones. Adding on to the annoying nomads and myrmidons you have to deal with in Sacae route with their avoid as well. It's not a fun map.

Okay this will be random, but here is the story:

So one day, poor little me chose to play FE13 on hard mode, becasue easy mode was just too easy for me, little did I know what I was in for.....And I remember playing this chapter, where you get Severa in it...and oh my god, it took me 3 hours I think? I had to keep restarting for so many reasons, and overall after that mess, I just wished FE13 had better difficultly system, that chapter had left a scar on me that I will never forget. 

Edited by Rose482

Yarnes paralogue chapter. Not so much in that I find the level difficult to complete, but just the fact that the game gives the player the middle finger by hiding the full force of either side during the preparations screen. As a guy that does a ton of planning before starting a map, this makes me crazy to no end. It doesn't help that both sides are forces to be reckoned with, and you have to avoid picking sides for maximum rewards, so I often resort to picking my strongest units, split them up to fight each group, and hope I can plan around the new units that didn't appear in the preparations screen. I swear I loose a little bit of sanity whenever I play this level.

Not helping is that "Wildcard" Yarne ranges between playthroughs in how useful he'll be, meaning he either was or wasn't worth the trouble. I'm also a little disappointed in the missed opportunity of having a Taguel Warren as a level. It had the potential to make for an interesting level design-wise as an erratic underground town or city, and it also would have done wonders for the desperately needed lore that the Taguel sadly lacked.

Oh yeah. The collapsing and rebuilding walls Nah's Paralogue can go to hell. Who's bright idea was it to have potential escape routs for retreating characters suddenly be cut off without warning?

You know, it's rare a chapter holds you back for about a year. It's even worse when a first turn does it to you.

I'm not saying Remorse and Retaliation (Chapter 19) from Thracia 776 is the hardest chapter. I am saying that the first turn held me back from finishing Thracia for a long time. See, trying to keep people alive on that first turn was ruinous and took so much time figuring out I finished other playthroughs in the time it took to finish. It also held me back from finishing Genealogy as I'd decided to only finish that after finishing Thracia, so that chapter hald me back from finishing two games.

It is the chapter that proves how Stamina can mess up your day and why not being able to move units at the start of a map about is fucking horrible. Thanks S. Kaga.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:27 AM, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

What FE chapter made you suffer the longest?

Personally, it was the chapter when they introduced the ballista in FE7. I dont know why I was stuck on it though...

OH WAIT I KNOW WHY!!! ITS BECAUSE THE BALLISTA IS BULLLLLSSSSSHHHIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

but seriously...the ballista is annoying af.

It too me to my wit's end but after 1 hour of pure torture I realized that I just have to wait for the enemies to rush me than I can just demolish them...I was able to kill the Ballista Douche shortly after. 

If you think that's bad. go play Shadow Dragon chapter 13. You'll never want to see another ballista, or in this case Ballistician, again, I guarantee. At least the GBA games, among others, gave balllistae limited ammo to the point where you could wait them out with either a tanky unit or an evasive one. That's not viable in SD.

Anyway, that's my answer. Who in the name of Anankos thought it was a good idea to have a map where damn near every enemy is a long-range unit!? Others include:

• Yarne's paralogue, for reasons already mentioned.
  • Fort Steiger, because being split up sucks gigantic portions of ass.
  • Nuibaba's Abode. Medusa is just awful, especially if you have to deal with increased range, and ESPECIALLY if it's in a game where you take at least one damage when hit.
  • Ignatius's paralogue. Why in the name of Duma is my objective so damn far away from where I start???
  • Shiro's paralogue. See above.
  • Night of Farewells. Whose bright idea was it to make an underleveled unit mandatory to field, and who the hell thought it was a good idea to bring back the godawful disappearing bridges gimmick??? About the only thing that's good for is giving the player a middle finger.
  • The Pinnacle of Light. Yay for random hazards that damage everyone and cannot be predicted...
  • Arcadia, AKA worst-map-in-the-series material.
  • Winds of Rebellion. Being stuck with only two (later three) units is just awful.
  • Tides of Intrigue. Fog of war + having half my my units being highly vulnerable laguz units = A recipe for an unfun chapter.
  • Revelations. Why in the seven hells am I forced to field three units that I haven't seen since part 1, two of which are beyond help at this point???

On 12/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Believe it or not, I actually didn't find Chapter 14 of Binding Blade that troublesome.

Actually, Chapter 14x right afterwards I had more difficulty with, mainly because of Oates and his Bolting.

This

People see all the sand and fog and reinforcements but those are easier to neutralize than two Boltings and bridges that submerge themselves.