Who would win in a fight? Robin or Corrin?

Sub Zero

Wouldn't it just depend on what class they so happen to be in, since they can re-class to anything? Sniper Robin could take out Pegasus Knight Corrin and vice versa.

If they're in their native classes, just give Robin a dragon-slaying sword and voila. 

If we're talking from a gameplay standpoint, Robin would win simply because all his/her stat caps are, like, 20 points higher than anything Corrin could manage without hacks.

Within lore... well, spoilers ahead...

Spoiler

It's stated by Anankos - the dragon who is the father of Corrin - that Naga is more powerful than he is, and it is also suggested by Naga that her power is about equal to that of Grima's.  Robin is the human vessel of Grima and also is a demonstrated tactical genius, whereas most of Corrin's accomplishments usually come down to "I've made powerful friends", so I still think Robin would win.  And plus, all it takes is a good Dragonslayer to take Corrin down, while Robin is a human and thus has no notable weaknesses outside of those any standard human would have.  I guess if Validar/actual Grima was there messing with Robin's mind, Corrin could win, but Robin has shown he/she is able to best both of them through sheer determination.

Corrin might have a good shot at it if they have even enough stats but at their caps not counting Limit Breaker Robin still smashes Corrin aside. Lore wise, well.....

(Spoiling end and postgame 3DS FE stuff. Just playing it safe.)

Spoiler

Considering Grima has Divine Dragon Blood in him and powerful blood at that (Considering Duma is considered powerful among the Divines at his peak), that is likely to outpace the supposed god when apparently he's admitted Naga's his better (Where's the source on that?). While dragon Veins can do a lot they're sporadic at best and there's a good chance that Ylisse might not have any for Corrin to activate. Course, that assumes that both are going 100% all out to the point that Robin goes for Grima, where in my opinion it wouldn't be a contest.

Corrin's Omega Yato does give a powerful push up and the dragon veins could be helpful, but Robin's got a tactical mind which could have him seeing an opportunity to trap Corrin and once again those caps don't lie. Corrin also is a bit more limited in 2-range than Robin as magic in Fates is pretty mediocre and if Corrin's a Hoshido Noble they won't even have that (Though Hoshido Noble does get staves and Corrin's best bet, Hexing Rod (aka one of the worst weapons FE ever provided and probably a war crime)), the Levin sword in Fates is a bit mediocre in comparison and the less said about the other ranged swords the better. Robin has also got some more powerful obscure weapons like Celica's Gale and a good bunch of actual weapons of legend while not at their prime still gave good boosts.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:
  Hide contents

Considering Grima has Divine Dragon Blood in him and powerful blood at that (Considering Duma is considered powerful among the Divines at his peak), that is likely to outpace the supposed god when apparently he's admitted Naga's his better (Where's the source on that?).

The source was one of the DLCs, Hidden Truths.

Spoiler

When speaking to the Awakening Trio, Anankos makes remarks about Naga's ability to send several people backwards in time.  I believe he said something along the lines of how he "envies" the greater power Naga has to be able to do that while he, at best, can only travel to different worlds and transport people a limited number of times.

Also somewhat implied by the fact that the world in Awakening only has one divine dragon while Fates' world has at least four who were responsible for different aspects of the world's creation.  It's like the difference between monotheism and polytheism, where the latter implies less power among individual divine forces than the former.

I understand how that might not have been picked up by everyone since a lot of folks (especially on this site) didn't gorge on the DLC like I did.  But that was a sticking point for me - though mostly because it felt like the Fates writers wanking off Awakening's you-know-what, yet a part of me is pleased that there's a loose implication that Robin is more powerful than Corrin.

As far as lore is concerned, I feel like people are looking way too deep into the whole Robin being Grima thing.

While technically true, it really shouldn't factor into an actual fight involving Robin, since we never really see Robin channeling this power in any meaningful capacity. As far as I can remember, Robin's never really stated to be that powerful, and killing Robin doesn't seem nearly as complicated as killing full powered Grima. And by that point, I'd be really hesitant to call Grima "Robin". They may be the same being, but there does seem to be a point where "Robin" ends, and "Grima" begins.

I really cant recall much of the lore from the mess of a story that is Fates, so I won't put any stock in Corrin, though.

Gameplay-wise, though, Robin wins hands down. Access to every class, much higher maximum stats, access to more broken weapons and skills.

Edited by Slumber

20 minutes ago, Slumber said:

While technically true, it really shouldn't factor into an actual fight involving Robin, since we never really see Robin channeling this power in any meaningful capacity. As far as I can remember, Robin's never really stated to be that powerful, and killing Robin doesn't seem nearly as complicated as killing full powered Grima. And by that point, I'd be really hesitant to call Grima "Robin". They may be the same being, but there does seem to be a point where "Robin" ends, and "Grima" begins.

I think it's implied that Robin has at least a bit of Grima's power/abilities in him/her because he/she just magically has supreme tactical finesse and the ability to wield two types of arms - one of which requires a fair amount of training and the other which I have to imagine would also require hours of meticulous training - right from the get-go in spite of having amnesia.  If nothing else, Robin must have some practical combat experience logged away that would be more valuable than Corrin just playing sword practice with Xander, reading books all day, and one day just randomly turning into a dragon.

Maybe it's a bit of conjecture on my part, but that's just as valid as any other argument in these kinds of debates.  It's ultimately the same problem as the Superman vs. Goku debate - the only determining factor for either character's victory is the person setting up the battle.  Basically, the author's the only one who can say who would win, and for that reason you're absolutely right in that we're looking too much into the Grima bloodline.

Though I also think by extension everyone in this thread providing any argument at all is reading too much into it because in reality there's no way to say except for with pure, raw gameplay stats, and there can be no debate on that front because Robin has clear, distinct advantages purely from a statistical and weakness standpoint that mean so much more than whatever petty boosts the Omega Yato might give Corrin compared to the best weapons Awakening has to offer.

The consensus seems to be that Robin would win in their Awakening incarnation, gameplay wise at least. So as a counterpoint, let's consider Robin's amiibo form in Fates (since that version isn't subject to Awakening's absurd stat inflation), at least as a Grandmaster: 

Spoiler

Max Stats:

HP: 55

Strength: 31

Magic: 35

Skill: 33

Speed: 29

Luck: 25

Defense: 27

Resistance: 34

He also caps at A rank for tomes and B rank for swords, if that's a tiebreaker. 

Lore wise, I think it sorta depends on which Corrin, because that determines the Yato they have access to. Iirc there's no real quantifiable feat attributed to the Yato alone, but the Omega Yato is the "true form" of the blade and is implied to be orders of magnitude for powerful than either the Blazing or Shadow Yato. Then again, Robin also doesn't really have any quantifiable feats to their name...

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

The source was one of the DLCs, Hidden Truths.

Reveal hidden contents

When speaking to the Awakening Trio, Anankos makes remarks about Naga's ability to send several people backwards in time.  I believe he said something along the lines of how he "envies" the greater power Naga has to be able to do that while he, at best, can only travel to different worlds and transport people a limited number of times.

Also somewhat implied by the fact that the world in Awakening only has one divine dragon while Fates' world has at least four who were responsible for different aspects of the world's creation.  It's like the difference between monotheism and polytheism, where the latter implies less power among individual divine forces than the former.

I understand how that might not have been picked up by everyone since a lot of folks (especially on this site) didn't gorge on the DLC like I did.  But that was a sticking point for me - though mostly because it felt like the Fates writers wanking off Awakening's you-know-what, yet a part of me is pleased that there's a loose implication that Robin is more powerful than Corrin.

See, that's what happens when you put it in a place like that, you just lose it. I always have that problem when it comes to Fates lore. .

As for the theism debate, I'd argue that doesn't quite fit here: Consider that Naga herself doesn't consider herself as a god, that there were far more divine dragons before. Other dragons have also been shown as revered and I'd argue that Grima being acknowledged as on Naga's level would push the idea of there being one god full stop out (Worshipping one and fearing the other isn't )a monotheistic system). As for the Fates side it really doesn't help that the other dragons are so vaguely described that the Dawn and Dusk dragons could have been Anankos all along being worshipped by the nations (Seriously, the lore of the First Dragons has me that lost. I mean the only stuff that seems halfway clear is that there's one named after a bar of chocolate and there's also the Rainbow Sage and Anankos)