Feh Channel on the 10th 3pm PT

Jingle Jangle

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m unhappy that it’s 6am for me instead of the usual 10:30am. 

Well, trailers where I live usually happen around 4-5 am, so I am very pleased to have it happen at midnight for once.

Anyway, only 10 minutes means they are probably only focusing on the new plot details and maybe a banner. They are probably saving big changes for the next anniversary, which may not be the best choice considering the current atmosphere in the fandom.

Don't know why anyone was expecting something like demotes for Book 3, when that's more an Anniversary thing. 

We'll get a short bit about Book 3, talk about the free OC that comes with it, a new banner, and one other short snippet of something thrown in. About all that should have been expected. 

This is about Book 3, but the 10 minutes duration is questionable in what it can offer.

• Like last time, it probably won't mention the new toys in weapon refinery.
  • It could mention something about the leaked blessing we spotted earlier.
  • Some balance changes might be introduced like we had around Book 2 arrival.
  • If any new feature is introduced, it'll be explained very briefly.
  • Feh feeling chilly because of the weather.

Glad we are getting the date for this already.

Edited by Garlyle

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

There's gonna be a trailer of some sort for Book III, some 5-star demotions, news on refines, and one new thing to get people excited. That's my prediction.

with the speed of talk Feh has there aint gonna be a new thing... 8 min is just too short to pack all that one in with the speed talk of Feh.

So i am very skeptical and it will be bad. Nothing new is comeing... this is really not good.

Earlier than usual but still too late for me at 12am midnight :(

Getting really tired of all their last minute announcements too, like we're expecting a new banner the tuesday after that right? I'll only be able to watch the thing that very morning so no time to digest anything at all ugh.

The thing I want the most are beasts still, it's the only thing I can imagine would make the game a lot more fun for me again. I see people saying the Laguz should come first cause they technically came first in the games, but while that is true, the Fates beasts and also Panne have proven to be more popular during CYL 2. The first Laguz in the list is Tibarn at 58, but before him are Selkie (21), Keaton (34), Panne (44), Kaden (46), and Velouria (54). So I'm expecting a full Fates banner first simply because their popularity is higher and it would be silly of IS to not go for the most popular ones first really.

After beasts I want a Skill shop/refinery the most. If we don't get a new unit type, at least give us a way to more easily build up our existing units.

Third want is a bunch of 5* demotions, that would also help build existing units.

If we don't get any of that but just a new story, then I'm so done. I'm already very bored with the game right now, I really need any of the above to have any fun in it again. And unlike many of you I sadly don't own a Switch so can't play Smash instead :(

As @Hilda said, last time it took 2 minutes between the start of the video and the moment when feh said Welcome to a new FEH Channel. 

But now that I think about it, what if we get the banner trailer out of the channel like the last time? Taking out that and the refines, there should be time for 1 new feature or QoL change

Edited by Javi Blizz

Finally, a convenient time for (most) Europeans! Now instead of waking up early, I just have to stay up late! Not the best scenario but I'll take it, especially since other people have been inconvenienced by the time change. Oof. Well, the time change means they can talk about Book 3 just as it's being added to the game to minimise the time dataminers have to strut their stuff.

As for content, I wonder if we'll get a teaser trailer or smaller announcements over the weekend to lighten the load on the Channel, otherwise I suspect the 10 minutes will likely be:

1 minute intro.
2-3 minutes for the Book 3 trailer.
2 minutes to highlight the free OC and their new Element.
2 minutes to discuss QoL changes (3 minutes if this includes a Skill Refinery).
1 minute outro.

And ~1 minute of Feh!fluff sprinkled throughout. In other words, I think the Channel will be enough to cover all the important stuff if only briefly, which is okay this time because we'll get to check everything for ourselves mere hours later.

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Mau said:

I see people saying the Laguz should come first cause they technically came first in the games, but while that is true, the Fates beasts and also Panne have proven to be more popular during CYL 2. The first Laguz in the list is Tibarn at 58, but before him are Selkie (21), Keaton (34), Panne (44), Kaden (46), and Velouria (54). So I'm expecting a full Fates banner first simply because their popularity is higher and it would be silly of IS to not go for the most popular ones first really.

There's also the fact that IS would never release a banner for an older game when a Fateswakening one will do. At least we get a RD banner in January, I suppose...

18 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

There's also the fact that IS would never release a banner for an older game when a Fateswakening one will do. At least we get a RD banner in January, I suppose...

Please, you know that banner will just be Awakening characters cosplaying as RD characters:P

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Finally, a convenient time for (most) Europeans! Now instead of waking up early, I just have to stay up late! Not the best scenario but I'll take it, especially since other people have been inconvenienced by the time change. Oof. Well, the time change means they can talk about Book 3 just as it's being added to the game to minimise the time dataminers have to strut their stuff.

As for content, I wonder if we'll get a teaser trailer or smaller announcements over the weekend to lighten the load on the Channel, otherwise I suspect the 10 minutes will likely be:

1 minute intro.
2-3 minutes for the Book 3 trailer.
2 minutes to highlight the free OC and their new Element.
2 minutes to discuss QoL changes (3 minutes if this includes a Skill Refinery).
1 minute outro.

And ~1 minute of Feh!fluff sprinkled throughout. In other words, I think the Channel will be enough to cover all the important stuff if only briefly, which is okay this time because we'll get to check everything for ourselves mere hours later.

This is very optimistic lol just look at the last Feh channel and what it announced in the time frame it had.
13 min for Holy grail, Aether raids and a 5 sec teaser of Book 3

You really think they gonna pack all that into 10 min lol?

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

Well, trailers where I live usually happen around 4-5 am, so I am very pleased to have it happen at midnight for once.

Anyway, only 10 minutes means they are probably only focusing on the new plot details and maybe a banner. They are probably saving big changes for the next anniversary, which may not be the best choice considering the current atmosphere in the fandom.

I'd rather have it at 4-5am than midnight.  They're usually 10:30 or 11:30 for me, this one at 6:00 pm, but when it's in the usual times I just kinda struggle to stay awake since I usually go to bed at 10:00 at the latest.  With 4-5 am I can go to sleep early and set an alarm clock to wake myself up, which is what I usually do anyway.

This one's time is much better, but also worse because I happen to have somewhere to be at 6:00 Monday... If it was almost any other day I'd love this time.

No expectations for the actual content, the one thing I want at this point won't be until March at the earliest.  

I stand by my prediction of beast units, but it sounds like there'll be little else.

Demotions would be nice, but there's no reason to expect them in a 3.0 update specifically, they can go in a normal one.

Well I think that all of it is a matter the structure of the stream. Nintendo directs can talk nearly half an hour about more than 15 games or even more and give focus to some other for somewhere near 5 minutes. At the end whether we like said content or not, we still get a lot of it. And to bring an example, the smash direct in November was about 45 minutes or so and it introduced so many things and went into detail and all that stuff. In this time limit ( maybe a little less but) Feh channels don't cover and explain in a meaningful way half their things. They constantly waste time on meaningless things like an annoying owl (Feh) that I doubt many people like when getting information on the game and etc. So they maybe decided to get serious with the channels. If that's the case then we will get content and enough to get people hyped up about version 3.0. If not, then we get a total of 5 minutes ranting from Feh, a 2 minutes book iii cinematic trailer and new mechanics  like light and dark blessings or beast units.

Also it falls at 1:00 (a bit after midnight) where I live and I am usually awake at that time so it is the first Feh channel that I watch live.

Just gib me more information on the Christmas Banner.  I'd like to see the Arena changed so that the week focus units don't get a point bonus for kills.  The only interest I have for Book III is if they make the story a raunchy SoL/ecchi anime, and failing that just gib the orbs.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

This is very optimistic lol just look at the last Feh channel and what it announced in the time frame it had.
13 min for Holy grail, Aether raids and a 5 sec teaser of Book 3

You really think they gonna pack all that into 10 min lol?

Well, this Channel is dedicated exclusively to Book 3, so I think I'm allowed to expect a focus on Book 3 stuff :P

In all seriousness though, I agree that the most I can expect is a Book 3 trailer and info on the new OCs. Barracks and HM expansions don't need much explanation so those could be thrown in easily if we get those too. I doubt we'll get a proper reveal of Light/ Dark blessings now that I think about it beyond "Ooh, what does this new symbol mean?"

If we do get a Skill Refinery, I imagine we'll just get a list of refinable skills and very little of the fanfare weapon refines got (because there won't be any exclusive skills to refine). But you've made me question this too, so thanks...I think :P

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Demotions would be nice, but there's no reason to expect them in a 3.0 update specifically, they can go in a normal one.

As a reminder to this:
We got mass demotions in April this year instead of November 2017 when Book II was announced. Considering that mass demotions are definetly the most unlikely change to be announced in this channel.

8 hours ago, Mau said:

The thing I want the most are beasts still, it's the only thing I can imagine would make the game a lot more fun for me again. I see people saying the Laguz should come first cause they technically came first in the games, but while that is true, the Fates beasts and also Panne have proven to be more popular during CYL 2. The first Laguz in the list is Tibarn at 58, but before him are Selkie (21), Keaton (34), Panne (44), Kaden (46), and Velouria (54). So I'm expecting a full Fates banner first simply because their popularity is higher and it would be silly of IS to not go for the most popular ones first really.

Actually, only Selkie is more popular than all of the laguz, since most of the laguz are split over two games.  When you combine votes:

• Selkie: 8855
  • Tibarn: 6611
  • Ranulf: 6312
  • Keaton: 5989

So the laguz are still popular.  However, I'm biased- I've never played Fates/Awakening, and they have a huge amount of representation.  RD/PR barely has any.  So yes, they could get the most popular beast out of the way with Selkie, or they could get the top 2 and 3 out of the way with Tibarn and Ranulf.

I also feel like they should spread the more popular beasts out to help sell less popular beasts in later banners, but that's up to them.

I'm actually surprised everyone is so negative and surprised by it only being 10 minutes. We LITERALLY just got Aether Raids, an entire new system. I never expected this to be anymore than a cinematic trailer, a date, a banner and maybe a free unit or something simple.

What was everyone honestly, truly expecting? An overhaul of the system? If they do that, it's gonna be around the anniversary, but realistically Book III is just gonna be more story chapters and some new heroes, and maybe a basic surprise. 

If we're LUCKY we'll get beast units, but I also doubt that right now. I can hope, but to be realistic, I'm thinking it won't be until the anniversary, where they introduce beast units/do mass demotions/etc. Though they could def. fit demotions into 10 minutes, I never expected this FEH channel to be anything more than a trailer. Frankly I'm surprised it's so long. Haha.

3 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I'm actually surprised everyone is so negative and surprised by it only being 10 minutes. We LITERALLY just got Aether Raids, an entire new system. I never expected this to be anymore than a cinematic trailer, a date, a banner and maybe a free unit or something simple.

What was everyone honestly, truly expecting? An overhaul of the system? If they do that, it's gonna be around the anniversary, but realistically Book III is just gonna be more story chapters and some new heroes, and maybe a basic surprise. 

If we're LUCKY we'll get beast units, but I also doubt that right now. I can hope, but to be realistic, I'm thinking it won't be until the anniversary, where they introduce beast units/do mass demotions/etc. Though they could def. fit demotions into 10 minutes, I never expected this FEH channel to be anything more than a trailer. Frankly I'm surprised it's so long. Haha.

Someone else who thinks like me:P  Honestly I am only hoping for a free unit who is as good as Fjorm, other then that I am not expecting much.  I am more interested in what new unit type combos will be on the Christmas banner then book 3, because I don't think much will happen with book 3 to start with.

1 hour ago, Venmi said:

Actually, only Selkie is more popular than all of the laguz, since most of the laguz are split over two games.  When you combine votes:

• Selkie: 8855
  • Tibarn: 6611
  • Ranulf: 6312
  • Keaton: 5989

So the laguz are still popular.  However, I'm biased- I've never played Fates/Awakening, and they have a huge amount of representation.  RD/PR barely has any.  So yes, they could get the most popular beast out of the way with Selkie, or they could get the top 2 and 3 out of the way with Tibarn and Ranulf.

I also feel like they should spread the more popular beasts out to help sell less popular beasts in later banners, but that's up to them.

Ooh I didn't know their votes were split, thanks for telling me. Hmm in that case I'm not sure what to expect on the first banner, though it could still very well be 100% Fates knowing how IS seems to be biased towards that game and Awakening. But combining the most popular beasts with less popular ones makes sense too, it is how banners often work.

Whatever happens, I do think Selkie should be on the first banner no matter what. She would've been in the Farfetched Heroes 2.0 banner if she wasn't a beast simply because beasts don't exist yet. So as soon as they do she should get her rightful place in the game asap imo.

1 hour ago, Sunsurge said:

tbf Book II did introduce some game changing things:

• Weapon Refinery
  • Staff units got better skills
  • Adjustment of Special skills cooldown
  • Barracks expension by 100
  • Stamina was capped to 10 for Story/Paralogues

Not only new chapters were added, the game and the units within it were improved in multiple ways. So it's not outrageous to hope this next big update will again do something about the state the game's in, especially since a lot of people are getting bored with it now. And Beast units are long overdue and the fact that Selkie wasn't added to the last Farfetched banner as a non-beast unit could mean they were planning to add beasts sooner than later, so again not a weird thing to hope for during this update. And a new story is a better excuse to introduce a new kind of unit than anything really.

I am really happy, that we finally get new informations and 3.0 comes directly with it as well.

On top of that midnight is a lot better than the usual 4 or 5 am.

Interested in the things they come up with. 10 minutes seems short but maybe they just announce things without going into too much detail, so I am not giving up hope yet.