Feh Channel on the 10th 3pm PT

Jingle Jangle

Just now, EricaofRenais said:

Beast units are finally coming, so I am happy even if I have to wait another month.  Goth heroes make me very happy and a free flying dagger unit sound wonderful since I missed S!Kagaro.  All in all this was about what I figured.  The tickets do make me a little wary since you can only use them on that banner, but I will just be very thrifty with my orbs now.

Is that thing she's wielding really a dagger? It looked like a sword or a slaying spear to me. At this point, a colorless sword really wouldn't surprise me.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

No. Your not the only one who thought Hel was a man. I dunno why but this new character reminds me of Yveltal for someone reason. Do beasts come in colors like breath users?

Yes, we have seen blue and red beasts in the trailer. Tibarn was red~

Wow, that's a surprising new style. It promises more actual story, so I'm fine with that. 

No big changes to the game though, depends on the beast units of course (3 range flier ... well). 

New summon tickets are nice if they don't lessen the obtainable free orbs. 

So this is pretty cool I guess. Legendary Heroes are so last season, but I'll just save my orbs for when Book 4 introduces One Step Closer to the Divine Heroes. I'm digging Líf and Thrasir, so hopefully they don't take too long to become summonable.

"Something tells me we probably won't become friends... ever!" Yeah, right.

And where is the trailer for tomorrow's banner? Since they bothered announcing Tibarn and Nailah early I'm guessing it's an Awakening banner guest starring Camilla.

That music was...interesting. Kudos on spotting the death metal pun, @Ice Dragon. RIP Sharena though, wow. She gets to headline the poster to boot but wow...poor thing. It's weird how I'm feeling sorry for her all of a sudden. She was so funny!

I love most the OC designs and I AM SO RELIEVED HEL looks monstrous - and right out of SMT, it's scary! Lif and Thrasir look amazing and it's a shame Eir looks so bland by comparison. Even being a flying dagger unit isn't very interesting, but F2P solutions will be interesting from here on out.

I love how Tibarn just flew by without so much as a by-your-leave before he got a full focus and, while I'm surprised beast units are here, I'm more shocked that they actually have a transformation mechanic! I thought the Hel Generals had wolf ears and later decided they were just headpieces (and was prove right), so to see Tibarn (and Nailah) with unique icons like that...wow! I was kinda in disbelief when Tibarn first transformed and I wondered if his range would increase but surely not since he's already flying but then nope, flying and moving three spaces! (I wonder if Nailah would get to move 4 spaces or also three when she shifts.) Anyway, this makes me wonder if January's Legendary Hero will be a Laguz after all.

As for Mythic Heroes, it seems they're being added to the standard pool so hopefully we get them faster than LHeroes (and we get more OCs? Oh, who am I kidding.) Maybe we'll get Mythic Heroes from past games once we run out of LHero slots (and hopefully we'll get some actual mythic characters this time like the Eight Legends).

I suppose the Aether Seasons will be how we gain more Lift. Hopefully not, but eh. I don't think anyone expected four new Seasons, or that they'd be exclusive to Aether Raids, but this lightens the load on our main teams at least.

If I'm understanding this correctly, instead of one free Summon, we now get three? That's neat! I wonder what the silver tickets are for then. Do we merge them into gold tickets or use them for standard/ non-New Hero banners? Also, I hope Eir being on a Hero Fest doesn't start another wave of Ayras (or even Rhajats). I wonder if we'll get an OC for the LHB after all...(at least this explains why we started Book 3 now and not when LHBs usually start.)

Anyway, this was a short banner but I liked it! And Feh spoke quickly too! It's nice that Sharena gets to headline the Book 3 banner but wow is this right in the gut. I have to say Paralogues will be much lonelier now (I wonder if they'll all be set in Hel or be non-canon), but hopefully we get more character development overall?

Anyway, I hope beasts are added to the data so we can figure out how they work. Maybe RD characters will be in Chapter 2 and we just need to wait to summon them a la the Fates kids in Book 2! Also, get ready for Eir to be our new icon, everyone! It's weird, but she's growing on me just a tiny bit as I type this out. I like that she looks mature and isn't wearing a miniskirt like the other heroic OCs (anyone else think she was Alfonse's mother?) Despite the edge, I'm liking the atmosphere of this Book - Feh was right about the different tone and I hope we get that concept art released too  (was Alfonse's hair moving in it?)

Also, Veronica is here. I wonder if she'll be an ally - maybe Bruno died?

Loki's here too. To be expected, but I hope she takes a backseat to the new characters. Especially Hel, since IS just showed us they can make female villains that aren't waifu-bait (for most people). Does Thrasir look like Laegjarn to anyone else? ...and does Lif look like Alfonse/ Bruno?

...wow, I spent 20 minutes typing up my thoughts on a 10 minute presentation! Night y'alls!

People say the music is trash, but I honestly think it may be enough to get me to play FEH more frequently again. Metal is the best though. Give me more, please.

That being said, I could only watch the first few seconds or so enough to enjoy the music and part of the laggy trailer because I had to leave for work. From what I've seen, at the very least, I have Nailah to look forward to. Though would anyone mind posting a summary of the FEH Channel? I've seen sporadic comments about tickets, Eir, and beast units... 

3 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Ah it's sad that you don't like it, but I'm really a fan  ^^ And I thought that Death Metal in fire emblem wouldn't fit, but in my opinion, it's really fitting.

It's horribly unfitting, IMO, I think even if they just took out the screaming and just had the music, it would at least be a bit better but the screaming really throws me off the most~

@Zangetsu
Aw, cute, an apologist without arguments.
Guess, people don't want improvement. I wonder why stagnation has settled in.

---

Setting this aside, myth trivia.

Lif and (Lif)thrasir are the Adam & Eva of Norse mythology. They are the only human survivors of Ragnarok and it is foretold they will repopulate the world after this event.
... which is funny in regards to Askr and Embla. Maybe Thrasir is supposed to be first Emblan Empress (which relates back to the blood curse of the Emblan family)?

EDIT:
So is Hel supposed be to a woman? Yikes, that's a bizarre design.

Edited by The Priest

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

That music was...interesting. Kudos on spotting the death metal pun, @Ice Dragon. RIP Sharena though, wow. She gets to headline the poster to boot but wow...poor thing. It's weird how I'm feeling sorry for her all of a sudden. She was so funny!

I love most the OC designs and I AM SO RELIEVED HEL looks monstrous - and right out of SMT, it's scary! Lif and Thrasir look amazing and it's a shame Eir looks so bland by comparison. Even being a flying dagger unit isn't very interesting, but F2P solutions will be interesting from here on out.

I love how Tibarn just flew by without so much as a by-your-leave before he got a full focus and, while I'm surprised beast units are here, I'm more shocked that they actually have a transformation mechanic! I thought the Hel Generals had wolf ears and later decided they were just headpieces (and was prove right), so to see Tibarn (and Nailah) with unique icons like that...wow! I was kinda in disbelief when Tibarn first transformed and I wondered if his range would increase but surely not since he's already flying but then nope, flying and moving three spaces! (I wonder if Nailah would get to move 4 spaces or also three when she shifts.) Anyway, this makes me wonder if January's Legendary Hero will be a Laguz after all.

As for Mythic Heroes, it seems they're being added to the standard pool so hopefully we get them faster than LHeroes (and we get more OCs? Oh, who am I kidding.) Maybe we'll get Mythic Heroes from past games once we run out of LHero slots (and hopefully we'll get some actual mythic characters this time like the Eight Legends).

I suppose the Aether Seasons will be how we gain more Lift. Hopefully not, but eh. I don't think anyone expected four new Seasons, or that they'd be exclusive to Aether Raids, but this lightens the load on our main teams at least.

If I'm understanding this correctly, instead of one free Summon, we now get three? That's neat! I wonder what the silver tickets are for then. Do we merge them into gold tickets or use them for standard/ non-New Hero banners? Also, I hope Eir being on a Hero Fest doesn't start another wave of Ayras (or even Rhajats). I wonder if we'll get an OC for the LHB after all...(at least this explains why we started Book 3 now and not when LHBs usually start.)

Anyway, this was a short banner but I liked it! And Feh spoke quickly too! It's nice that Sharena gets to headline the Book 3 banner but wow is this right in the gut. I have to say Paralogues will be much lonelier now (I wonder if they'll all be set in Hel or be non-canon), but hopefully we get more character development overall?

Anyway, I hope beasts are added to the data so we can figure out how they work. Maybe RD characters will be in Chapter 2 and we just need to wait to summon them a la the Fates kids in Book 2! Also, get ready for Eir to be our new icon, everyone! It's weird, but she's growing on me just a tiny bit as I type this out. I like that she looks mature and isn't wearing a miniskirt like the other heroic OCs (anyone else think she was Alfonse's mother?) Despite the edge, I'm liking the atmosphere of this Book - Feh was right about the different tone and I hope we get that concept art released too  (was Alfonse's hair moving in it?)

Also, Veronica is here. I wonder if she'll be an ally - maybe Bruno died?

Loki's here too. To be expected, but I hope she takes a backseat to the new characters. Especially Hel, since IS just showed us they can make female villains that aren't waifu-bait (for most people). Does Thrasir look like Laegjarn to anyone else? ...and does Lif look like Alfonse/ Bruno?

...wow, I spent 20 minutes typing up my thoughts on a 10 minute presentation! Night y'alls!

She's a colorless dagger? She looks like a colorless sword to me, even if it doesn't exist ^^

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If that your deal breaker then you should start packing. God knows there's better games out there then Heroes

In all honesty it doesn't help that I had the back luck blues a few weeks back with this game and it's kinda pushed me back from the game.

I wasn't expecting it to be amazing not just due to it being only 10 minutes but this was not a good first impression. I doubt I'd be switching to another mobile title because the main reason I came to this to begin with was because of it being part of a franchise I was following. But we'll have to see with the actual game itself. After all, it feels like they weren't actually saying much about the update itself.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Is that thing she's wielding really a dagger? It looked like a sword or a slaying spear to me. At this point, a colorless sword really wouldn't surprise me.

She is colorless on the hero fest banner, so until they say colorless sword I am guessing dagger.

I'm happy with what we got. I'm digging the new designs for this Book; Eir just looks real cool and Hel looks like my new favorite SMT boss lol. Also I also like the music, controversial as that is. Beast units are here; I didn't really care, but I'm happy that they're from Tellius. Free Summon tickets are fine for me, because I'm not gonna say no to free stuff. And the new blessings look nice I guess. 

So overall, I'm happy. I don't take the game to seriously, and just have fun.

9 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Or maybe some people just don't have problems with it. Crazy, I know

You know, don't try to answer him on that, he doesn't care about people that like the game, he just need to hate the good things and the bad things ^^ Feel free to enjoy the game!

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

She is colorless on the hero fest banner, so until they say colorless sword I am guessing dagger.

Yeah it's just that the way she held her weapon doesn't look right for a dagger unit, they all hold their weapons  "upside down", but I'm pretty sure you're right

Edited by Drakhis

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

Yeah, that's fair enough. Apparently, the book 3 trailer is up by itself now and when I rematched it I thought that her weapon looked like a short sword. Actually, it kind of looks like a Katzbalger, which is why I thought it was a sword.

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's horribly unfitting, IMO, I think even if they just took out the screaming and just had the music, it would at least be a bit better but the screaming really throws me off the most~

agreed, as much as I enjoy metal and other rock genres, the music was what I would call inappropriate for FEH

maybe some audio file got mixed up and we got something meant for DOOM Eternal

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

looks like they decided to screw the magic weakness

Yeah, it's a shame, too.

I'm curious how they'll do the weapon naming now since that was my biggest problem with arbitrary colors. Unless they make each color its own tribe regardless, but with the wrong colors.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why are all the OCs girls?  It's getting a bit old.

Lif is male.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, that's fair enough. Apparently, the book 3 trailer is up by itself now and when I rematched it I thought that her weapon looked like a short sword. Actually, it kind of looks like a Katzbalger, which is why I thought it was a sword.

I was not sure about what her weapon was, until I saw what color she will be on the banner.

Huh. So is the story that we're going into Hel with Loki to save Sharena's soul? How weird. I just played Bayonetta 2 for the first time a week ago and it has the exact same plot...

First Summon tickets are cool I guess.  Distributing them through Forging Bonds makes a whole heck of a lot of sense. Hopefully Voting Gauntlets as well since they also have associated banners. The four new seasons kind of bother me. Because there's still a limit of one blessing per unit, and I imagine by now a lot of players have decked out teams for each season. Now they have to delete the blessings on their favorite units in order to make the switch to the new batch of blessings.

Yeah, there just seems to be fewer males in the FEH world population than females. That's the best explanation I can come up with. At least one new guy was introduced, and Alfonse is getting featured, but I don't mind the designs this go-around! Hel looks AMAZING. I wonder what she'll be like. She seems kind of off-putting yet doting/gentle or something.

I love the music. Its great, never expected it for FE but I will gladly take it.

Hel looks amazing. looks like a Lich, which is a perfect way to go about it. I love that she looks creepy. They didnt even try to make waifu material out of her, they went straight undead and creepy, and I love it. I want to be able to summon her, I dont care about the Surtr situation we just got, I want my Scythe Lich.

Eir is neat looking. Definitely a gothic look, which is alright.

The 2 new villains are eh. They arent amazing design wise but Ill judge more once we see them more often.

Sharena is dead. That probably wont stick, but hey. Maybe Book 3's story will be decent. Either way I am interested to see where this goes exactly.