Classic Mode of Ike (Spoilers)

Truebladee

The Classic Mode of Ike is called The Black-Clad Warriors

The theme of Ike's classic mode is that the fighters are dressed in black. Most likely a nod to the rivalry between Ike & the Black Knight

Spoiler

Why isn't the final opponent the Black Knight? It felt like an anticlimax

Who else felt the same?

I didn't really think about it until now, but I agree. FE really needs a villain rep, and although black knight isn't my favorite I think he's the most likely to get in.

What I do know is that i 9.9ed it.

Hells yeah.

Yeah. At least do a dragon at the end because few FE games do not have a dragon as a final boss

Besides Ike's voice & his final boss, I do not have any complaints yet

5 hours ago, Tuvy said:

What I do know is that i 9.9ed it.

Nice. I 'only' got like 8.5. 

Spoiler

The 2 hands are really buffed imo

11 hours ago, Tuvy said:

although black knight isn't my favorite I think he's the most likely to get in.

Black Knight is an Assist Trophy, so it's highly unlikely he'll be an option for a fighter. Not to mention a fair amount of the non-FE Smash community(or at least those I see on a regular basis) seem to take offense with the fact that Fire Emblem has more reps than Zelda.

On 10-12-2018 at 6:46 AM, SoulWeaver said:

Black Knight is an Assist Trophy, so it's highly unlikely he'll be an option for a fighter. Not to mention a fair amount of the non-FE Smash community(or at least those I see on a regular basis) seem to take offense with the fact that Fire Emblem has more reps than Zelda.

But I think that The Black Knight as a (final)boss wasn't that hard to make. Just use the Assist Trophy & buff him

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

I was hoping for a Black Knight boss, since I didn't spoil myself on classic mode all that much. It would've been very cool.

Yeah I know right

They could have done Black Knight though, using the Mii Swordfighter decked out in the Black Knight Armor and wielding Alondite.

I know for a fact they dressed Mii Fighters in animal outfits for Duck Hunts path, and they do it for just about any Spirit Battle they had the outfit for.

...though speaking of a villain rep, who could they even use...? Enemy units tend to feel like they are either mounted in some way or are Armored. Armors are probably so big and bulky it'd be Ridley all over again, alongside being very illogical as fighters overall (yes even more so than a kid from a furry village, a fitness instructor, and someones dog with a duck). They couldn't do anyone mounted without breaking some rules, so there goes another 40% of FE enemies. And it'd have to be a pretty notable villain, so you can't just pick any old Brigand Leader and expect everyone to be happy.

They could do... maybe Lloyd or Linus, any of the Sorcerer manipulators from any game, maybe Gangrel if they make his Levin Sword unique from Robin... it's be freaking hilarious if we could get Ice Climber-esque Bandit Twins, or even better the best FE Character and the one who should have won CYL2...

...Brigand Boss.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:46 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Don't forget that 3 of the reps are the same person but one is weird, one is a kid, and the last is a Japanese mas- I mean a cartoon.

7 hours ago, Truebladee said:

But I think that The Black Knight as a (final)boss wasn't that hard to make. Just use the Assist Trophy & buff him

While it might seem like low hanging fruit for you... If you observe each of the specific bosses like Marx... Each has a bunch of attacks akin to many of the other bosses:

They have multiple attacks and AI specific and tailor made.

Hearing Sakurai talk... Not through a translator... Gives about an air of not cutting corners regarding his work. He takes nearly anything that could be misconstrued as lazy and cutting corners very carefully... Especially with the stigma for years with clones.

It's simply not that simple. And expecting Ike to have special treatment seems a bit reaching.

7 hours ago, Truebladee said:

9 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I was hoping for a Black Knight boss, since I didn't spoil myself on classic mode all that much. It would've been very cool.

Yeah I know right

I would argue that that was a moment of self hype that people did similarly with Robin's Final Smash being expected to change to Grima or change in general when Chrom got announced... even though it's a game that has 8 copies of any character beating up themselves.

Edited by shadowofchaos