Riddles Thread

Von Ithipathachai

18 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I mean

it makes sense.

It kind of makes sense. There's a pun in there somewhere, you could work something out with it.

14 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Is it a hole?

That is the traditional answer to the riddle, yes.

Oh, here's a good one I heard a couple of days ago:

If I have a bee in my hand, what do I have in my eye?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a couple for ya. Two of my favorites.

I am an old relative with a face that can't look and hands that can't hold. What am I?

I looked over the bridge to see a boat full of people. Yet there wasn't a single person on the boat. How can this be?

Whenever asked that second one before, no one could get it, so I can give a hint for it if need be.

Edited by Anacybele

46 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

I stand on one leg and have my heart in my head.  What am I?

A flamingo.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I looked over the bridge to see a boat full of people. Yet there wasn't a single person on the boat. How can this be?

Are they in the boat?

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Was there a group of people on the bridge large enough to fill a boat (ie using "boat full" as a unit of measurement) and an unrelated empty boat nearby?

9 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

Was there a group of people on the bridge large enough to fill a boat (ie using "boat full" as a unit of measurement) and an unrelated empty boat nearby?

Nope, sorry. :P

6 minutes ago, SMEDIA said:

A grandfather clock?

You have this one correct! Did you see Scooby Doo Meets the Boo Brothers too? That was one of my favorite Scooby Doo movies and is where I got that riddle!

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You have this one correct! Did you see Scooby Doo Meets the Boo Brothers too? That was one of my favorite Scooby Doo movies and is where I got that riddle!

No, I knew it was a clock when you said hands and face, I just had to think about the old relative part.

1 minute ago, SMEDIA said:

No, I knew it was a clock when you said hands and face, I just had to think about the old relative part.

Oh, I see now. I thought it'd be a bit more challenging for anyone who didn't see that movie, but good going!

On 12/18/2018 at 10:42 PM, Anacybele said:

Is the answer an optical illusion, where one sees people on the bridge and a boat behind it, such that it appears there are people on the boat when there are not?

18 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Is the answer an optical illusion, where one sees people on the bridge and a boat behind it, such that it appears there are people on the boat when there are not?

Nice guess, but not the one I'm looking for.

A hint now. There's a key word in the riddle you have to pay attention to and then the answer might become clear.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nice guess, but not the one I'm looking for.

A hint now. There's a key word in the riddle you have to pay attention to and then the answer might become clear.

Oh, I'm a doof. It's because a boat load is more than one, so of course there can't be a single person in the boat.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oh, I'm a doof. It's because a boat load is more than one, so of course there can't be a single person in the boat.

You're on the right track, but still not the answer. Sorry. :P But you're getting there! And I do suppose that is A correct answer anyway.

Edited by Anacybele