Who can we expect for the Radiant Dawn banner?

Gregster101

I think it's going to be an all-Laguz banner and the remaining unit may be Reyson -Tibarn is there so he better be there with him. And Dheginsea might be the Ghb. I'm so glad I saved up my Grails.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Yukiko said:

Since it's the first banner featuring beast units, I'm expecting four characters. Other than Tibarn and Nailah I think Ranulf is very likely to appear, considering how popular he is. The fourth space is going to be taken by one among Reyson, Leanne or Naesala, probably. I just hope Naesala is not a GHB unit, even if it is very likely...

I mean being a GHB isn't as bad as it used to be anymore considering we can actually +10 free units now. Yeah it will take a while to get a +10 Naesala, but still

Some combination or Reyson, Ranulf, and Skirmir (especially since it’s explicitly a Radiant Dawn banner...I’m leaning towards not Ranulf to keep the Royals theme) with Naesala or Dehginsea as the GHB

My heart wants Vika even though I know that’s not happening anytime soon (and honestly I’m just happy Nailah will be in this first group)

Edited by kirauza343

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I mean being a GHB isn't as bad as it used to be anymore considering we can actually +10 free units now. Yeah it will take a while to get a +10 Naesala, but still

I know but Ghb units usually aren't as good as the summonable ones... Recently they've been giving us good free units but the ones from the banners are always better... (which surely makes sense for IntSys).

22 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Good points. I think herons will be staffers (essentially) with locked sing assist, and for attack (similarly to PA Shigure) galdrs as "tomes" that primarily debuff or buff, dealing staff damage if any. They'd also have personal skills causing them to function similarly to how they did in RD (with passives that heal either percentage or a set amount, via proximity) Like, "adjacent units gain 5HP and are healed from status ailments at the start of the turn." Iirc, that was an effect Rafiel had, while Leanne could only heal 2 allies at a time in the same way. Speaking of Rafiel, he wouldn't have the same movement as the other Laguz, and wouldn't be a flier. (If he can fly, there had better be a good explanation of it.) To compensate, maybe he'd have increased healing ability when transformed or something.

Yeah they could be staffers too, which would be interesting. This also makes them colorless magic users (since their staves will be meant specifically for attacking, not healing). Or they could just make a new weapon type and make them colorless tome users.

Omg, they would be contributing to the ever growing staff emblem. Loki, Mikoto, and if the 3 Herons come in, staff users will begin to be more desirable than they already are.

Rafiel would probably be an infantry unit or something. Idk, he's kind of a weird unit to begin with.

19 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

If it’s an all-Laguz banner with 4 characters then....Lyre and either Naesala, Vika or Mordecai. 

It’d be fine with either Lethe or Lyre. 

How popular is Lyre? I like her, but I know a lot of people don't.

8 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Yeah they could be staffers too, which would be interesting. This also makes them colorless magic users (since their staves will be meant specifically for attacking, not healing). Or they could just make a new weapon type and make them colorless tome users.

Omg, they would be contributing to the ever growing staff emblem. Loki, Mikoto, and if the 3 Herons come in, staff users will begin to be more desirable than they already are.

Rafiel would probably be an infantry unit or something. Idk, he's kind of a weird unit to begin with.

Colorless strike is always an option.

9 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Suffers from not enough screen time, if I recall correctly.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Didn't she mostly suffer from being one of the units that can be considered worse than Meg, an armor that gets ORKOd by almost everyone on her joining map, from a gameplay perspective?

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Didn't she mostly suffer from being one of the units that can be considered worse than Meg, an armor that gets ORKOd by almost everyone on her joining map, from a gameplay perspective?

I wouldn't know because she got sidelined as soon as I got her.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

From the little time I used her, she's a myrmidon with noodle arms on a timer. One of the worst units in the game, at least Meg has better availability.

46 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Well, "staff" but as Ice Dragon said, colorless strike, really. Maybe magic-based, though, like the dragons since I can't imagine Heron Punch being a thing unless it severely damages the user.

Edited by Mercakete

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That + being a bad unit. I also recall Lethe fans especially not liking her, but I can't remember where I got that idea.

It doesn't help that most of her screen time is her just being a b*tch, which I love, but I can see a lot of people not liking. I do think there is some depth to her character though.

I don't see her getting in before Lethe, but I do think Lyre deserves a fair chance and better stats.

Lyre is meant to be a growth rate unit unlike most Laguz. In theory if you give her the time and exp she will exceed her fellow cats.

In praxis this is undermined by how Laguz get exp, since they get a lot less if they are transformed but Lyre starts so weak that she dies if she gets attacked untransformed which means that she can't get the exp she needs to get stronger. I'm pretty sure Ranulf usually ends up stronger anyway (which is fine since he's forced for a lot of maps) but it means that she only competes for secondary cat with her sister, and most people would rather pick Lethe since she is better in the short term and you likely don't need a second cat in the long term.

I'm not sure whether Lyre lives up to her intended potential if you do successfully train her.

I personally like her and would like her to get in Heroes at some point (and before her sister) but i'm not sure she should be on the first beast banner.

I'd like an all laguz banner, if only because there will hopefully be another banner to get Haar and Jill in (two of the most popular missing beorc), and we can get different beorc then.  So I'm hoping we get Reyson and Ranulf, which would round the group out well.  Skirmir would be okay, but I'd personally prefer Ranulf.  Would like them much more than Lethe or Lyre, who don't get as much development.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get a second banner laguz banner within the year, which could give us a group that includes Volug and Rafiel.  If I can get Reyson, Ranulf, Volug, and Rafiel, I'd be content on laguz!

16 minutes ago, Binty12 said:

Lyre is meant to be a growth rate unit unlike most Laguz. In theory if you give her the time and exp she will exceed her fellow cats.

In praxis this is undermined by how Laguz get exp, since they get a lot less if they are transformed but Lyre starts so weak that she dies if she gets attacked untransformed which means that she can't get the exp she needs to get stronger. I'm pretty sure Ranulf usually ends up stronger anyway (which is fine since he's forced for a lot of maps) but it means that she only competes for secondary cat with her sister, and most people would rather pick Lethe since she is better in the short term and you likely don't need a second cat in the long term.

I'm not sure whether Lyre lives up to her intended potential if you do successfully train her.

I personally like her and would like her to get in Heroes at some point (and before her sister) but i'm not sure she should be on the first beast banner.

According to the average stats pages on the main site, Lyre doesn't really do significantly better than Lethe in any stat in the long run, but does have one advantage. Lyre will on average cap Skill and Speed at lower levels than Lethe caps her first stat, meaning she can benefit from the guaranteed stat ups from using Bonus Exp. for more levels.

21 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I am expecting Naesala and Caineghis/Deghinsea because of Forging Bonds. I think four laguz royals being in forging bonds will be thematically fitting. So far in book 3, what it means to be a ruler is discussed. All five four laguz royals have their own philosophy of leadership which was explored in PoR and RD so them discussing it with Alfonse and Gustav would be interesting. 

It's Forging Bonds so it would be all 4 telling Kieran that he has the makings of a king, and that they have a lot to learn from him.

---

Kurthnaga and Lethe are my preferred characters but I could see this being the banner of Laguz Kings.

I'm pretty surprised they are opening with the big guns in regards to the Laguz. They could have gone with the less popular Laguz and people would still roll for them because they're new.

Edited by NekoKnight

5 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

It's Forging Bonds so it would be all 4 telling Kieran that he has the makings of a king, and that they have a lot to learn from him.

I hope not, but you're probably right.  For heaven's sake, there's no way Tibarn would think I have the makings of a king (for one thing, I'd be a queen...  one of my many issues with FEH).  I didn't want to see a PR/RD Forging bonds because I'm afraid FEH would ruin it terribly.  Tibarn and Nailah probably wouldn't even talk to me, let alone praise me.  And considering who they are, I wouldn't want it any other way.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

---

Kurthnaga and Lethe are my preferred characters but I could see this being the banner of Laguz Kings.

I'm pretty surprised they are opening with the big guns in regards to the Laguz. They could have gone with the less popular Laguz and people would still roll for them because they're new.

Kieran for Heroes. That would be funny considering how he's obsessed with training to the extent he hurts himself. Great king material right there. /s 

But Deghinsea isn't in favour of fighting whereas the summoner is willing to summon heroes to fight for him. How will that work? 

To satisfy me, I just need one of Tauroneo, Kurthnaga, Deghinsea and Pelleas. Any one of them and I'll be excited regardless of whatever else is on the banner. That's not to say there aren't other character selections that can excite me but that would mean all or most characters I have to like with little room for error. 

Basically my tier list in terms of excitement:

Top Tier

1. Tauroneo

2. Kurthnaga

3. Deghinsea

4. Pelleas

High Tier

1. Jill

2. Haar

3. Zihark

4. Nolan

5. Edward

6. Leonardo

7. Light Sage Micaiah

8. Lucia

9. Sephiran

10. Naesala

11. Tibarn

Mid Tier

1. Florette Mist

2. Queen Elincia

3. Geoffrey

4. Laura

5. Reyson

6. Nailah

7. Ranulf

8. Skrimir

9. Shinon

10. Muarim

Essentially if I get one unit from the top tier, I'll be excited. Otherwise, I need two units from high tier or 3 units from mid tier. So far I got one unit from high tier and one unit from mid tier. So far it's looking good. I doubt I'll get one from top tier but I think Naesala is pretty likely and would be happy if he's on. He's my favourite bird laguz after all. 

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

But Deghinsea isn't in favour of fighting whereas the summoner is willing to summon heroes to fight for him. How will that work?

Dheginhansea doesn't fight so as to prevent the amount of Chaos that would result from a war with Goldoa from awakening Ashera from her sleep. After Ashera wakes up in Radiant Dawn and preventing her from waking up is no longer possible, he throws away his neutrality and pulls the entire Dragon Tribe to arms within the tower.

In Askr, where Ashera will not be disturbed from, I doubt Dheginhansea would have any reservations from fighting if need be.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I doubt we will do Navarre (er I mean Zihark) just because he basically exists. I could see them throwing in Tormod just to be weird and as a way to bring in Maurim who a lot of us love. If I were to guess Reyson would be the best choice from the herons. Plus, he is a connection figure amongst the other tribes. So, all of that to say - I think it will be Tibarn, Naila, Reyson and probably Skrimir to keep it balanced. They may throw in Naesala as the GHB. If I were to have my dream it would be Mordecai, Ranulf, Leanne, Jill and/or Haar. Imagine Leanne's particular song refreshing your entire gang on a map. Glory!

7 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Forget Dhegisea, let us not begin pretending Heroes from many worlds should just gleefully accept to risk their lives fighting for a summoner that basically kidnapped them from their world.

I'm pretty sure any Hero that we managed to kidnap from a Hard or Maniac mode run would not mind the breather that is playing Heroes on Phoenix mode or whatever the hell it's called these days.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure any Hero that we managed to kidnap from a Hard or Maniac mode run would not mind the breather that is playing Heroes on Phoenix mode or whatever the hell it's called these days.

Sigurd was brought back to life. Here's one at least with a reason to appreciate the summon. 

Or not I guess.. depending on what the afterlife was like. 

Edited by Vince777