Bound Hero Battle: Ike & Soren

mampfoid

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the last clears I still need to do with my third team. Can't believe I am actually catching up to myself. haha

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @Sasori @Robert of Normandy @ruruo @Azuris @daisy jane @kirauza343

Music: Battle!Lorekeeper Zinnia - from Pokémon ORAS

Went into this with the intent to lay on the pain(TM). These guys were just lined up too perfectly for it. Maribelle certainly didn't disappoint and the rest of the battle could be better described as an extended clean-up. Reyson got to shine by both taking and dishing out in turn. Now Ike knows how Oliver must've felt, though I hope it didn't break Reyson's wing this go around. haha;;; Luckily the annoying blue flier stayed out of range for the most part. The healer stretched the fight out for another round, but wipe-out by Sakunyan was simply inevitable.

Hope you enjoyed!

@mampfoid You know, I don't think I ever commented on your clear the first time this rolled around -- I never recorded a clear either, so I must have been busy.  The fact that Cordelia still had enough power to take out Ike after that Aether w/o her own special is a testament to her strength indeed.  Speaking of the classic Galeforce set-up, I notice you tend to use a wider variety of units nowadays.  Is this out of necessity due to harder content, or do you just want to play around with your expanded barracks? x)

A bound hero battle seemed fitting to bring out another dual-unit clear:

I know it seems like Julia's role tends to be limited to support in these...but that is hopefully going to change soon.

Its the return of one of my first Bhb's. I remember cheesing a little in my first video with me taking a long time to get ready. So now I decided to change that around and not slowly make my way through the trees for multiple turns. It would be all action this time.  I changed my mind after remembering why I hated that asshole blue flier with her almost infinate range and blade tome/super speed stat spread.  So the lords and their friends also need some time to get going.
@Landmaster @mampfoid @Robert of Normandy

@Nanima

Cool choice in music. That theme kinda made up for Zinnia herself not being all that great.

Also cool clear. Almost all enemies stopped being threatening when hit with a dual pain blast. Still surprised Reyson even did 18 damage with weapon triangle disadvantage. though I would have been more bulky. Sakura made short work of that annoying guidance jerk too. I remember taking her along for the first clear too.

Edited by Sasori

So for the rerun I decided to go for a theme team I tried in the past but didn't quite get to work: Leo and Sakura Emblem!

S!Leo needed Axebreaker, H!Sakura needed Warding and Darting Stance, and HS!Sakura needed Drive Atk, the others didn't really come into play since I kinda screwed with the AI a bit, but still worked out~

Yeah, so sorry in advance for the 50 years it took to set up~

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

One of the last clears I still need to do with my third team. Can't believe I am actually catching up to myself. haha

Music: Battle!Lorekeeper Zinnia - from Pokémon ORAS

Went into this with the intent to lay on the pain(TM). These guys were just lined up too perfectly for it. Maribelle certainly didn't disappoint and the rest of the battle could be better described as an extended clean-up. Reyson got to shine by both taking and dishing out in turn. Now Ike knows how Oliver must've felt, though I hope it didn't break Reyson's wing this go around. haha;;; Luckily the annoying blue flier stayed out of range for the most part. The healer stretched the fight out for another round, but wipe-out by Sakunyan was simply inevitable.

Hope you enjoyed!

Can never go wrong with either Zinnia’s theme or Pain splashing~ Even their healer couldn’t keep them safe enough from Reyson’s counter attacks. Impressive kill on Ike by Reyson and the big finisher by Sakunyan!

8 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

You know, I don't think I ever commented on your clear the first time this rolled around -- I never recorded a clear either, so I must have been busy.  The fact that Cordelia still had enough power to take out Ike after that Aether w/o her own special is a testament to her strength indeed.  Speaking of the classic Galeforce set-up, I notice you tend to use a wider variety of units nowadays.  Is this out of necessity due to harder content, or do you just want to play around with your expanded barracks? x)

A bound hero battle seemed fitting to bring out another dual-unit clear:

I know it seems like Julia's role tends to be limited to support in these...but that is hopefully going to change soon.

Julius’ Res tanking blue units is always impressive, but the kill on the Blue Flier was so unexpected. I wasn’t expecting such big damage. It was looking a little risky there when I was approaching Shigure and Beruka but Julius was there to save them with a shower of blood. Julia played her part too and also provided a nice finishing blow. Nice! Can't wait to see what Julia will be doing in the future

4 hours ago, Sasori said:

Its the return of one of my first Bhb's. I remember cheesing a little in my first video with me taking a long time to get ready. So now I decided to change that around and not slowly make my way through the trees for multiple turns. It would be all action this time.  I changed my mind after remembering why I hated that asshole blue flier with her almost infinate range and blade tome/super speed stat spread.  So the lords and their friends also need some time to get going.

Ayyee Corrin’s back with some other cool faces~ Merric got bullied a lot but was able to survive and finish off Soren. Ike VS Marth was some Smash Bros realness and him flying in to save Merric was the perfect immersion. Silas’s bulk saved the crew from Ike and that annoying refrigerator. Nice clear!

@Sasori Oh yeah that blue flier is so annyoing and evil. Looks like you were able to deal with her well enough though. Merric is a tough one, though i loved when Marth jumped in to defend him from the axe cav. Ike surely proved himself tenacious as well. Luckily you were able to hold him down well enough until Silas managed to finish him off. Excellent clear, and from that side of the map as well!

Thank you. I did like Zinnia, though I can see why she may disappoint in certain areas. haha;; Not with her theme though.

Yeah, it greatly simplified things. I was surprised myself at Reyson's strength. He did get a lot of boosts to help him out though and Sakunyan helped with her dagger. Just need the right tools for the right job and even a heron can beat up Ike. haha 

@Landmaster Very cute theme clear. Seeing Sakunyan sneak in with Leon from the side looked adorable somehow. I am surprised the blue flier didn't let Soren go first to try and get at S!Leon, but I suppose neither was able to survive long enough. Definitely satisfying to see the flier go first. I am impressed by Leon's performance in general here. He did pitch in a lot of the time, while his picnic self came for the blue armour with a vengeance. Ike took a bit longer to whittle down, but the teamwork was too much for him at the end. Well done!

You sure can't. haha I am glad I was able to pull it off and make even a small map such as this look fun to clear. That's always my goal.

Did it yesterday.

Askrtrio cleared with BridLyn. It took quite a few tries, but having Lyn attack the armour and trying to divide the group by sending Sharena and Anna to the left worked out.

Armour clear had VA!Ike, LAliwood, Garmphraim and Eirimas. Uneventful, easy clear.

I finished these quests without much trouble, yayz!

If anyone has trouble doing the quests that require you to defeat a lv. 40 Soren with Alfonse and a lv. 40 PoR Ike with Sharena and the arena isn't giving you luck, go to their story chapter on lunatic. That's what I did for the latter. The former I was actually able to do right in the BHB.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:09 PM, Nanima said:

Very productive, plus it's fun. :- ) 

On 6/22/2019 at 4:09 PM, Nanima said:

Went into this with the intent to lay on the pain(TM).

Maribelle, Mistress of pain, delivered her message, haha. The rest was clean-up, but I bet Reyson was proud to beat boss-Ike. 

On 6/22/2019 at 5:11 PM, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid You know, I don't think I ever commented on your clear the first time this rolled around -- I never recorded a clear either, so I must have been busy.  The fact that Cordelia still had enough power to take out Ike after that Aether w/o her own special is a testament to her strength indeed.  Speaking of the classic Galeforce set-up, I notice you tend to use a wider variety of units nowadays.  Is this out of necessity due to harder content, or do you just want to play around with your expanded barracks? x)

Don't remember my own clear in every detail to be honest, but thanks. ^^ 

Building GF units is fun and helps to keep my clears interesting, plus I don't have many other projects left in FEH. Having a lot of GF units of every color helped in Rokker sieges (quatting + GF is the key), but there was no real necessity for me. Usually the merged core is enough to beat all content. 

Here are my current GF units: 

Spoiler

ujANHTy.png

Future candidates: Tibarn (don't have yet), L!Eirika & Kaden. I wish dragons could GF, RES damage would help in some cases. 

On 6/22/2019 at 5:11 PM, DLNarshen said:

Nice clear again, you seem to enjoy making clear videos now. :- )  

Cool how Julius takes out that Blarblade Flier, that guy is annoying for a BHB foe. Soren was also hard to crack, but Julia and Julius make a great team. 

On 6/22/2019 at 10:01 PM, Sasori said:

I changed my mind after remembering why I hated that asshole blue flier with her almost infinate range and blade tome/super speed stat spread.  So the lords and their friends also need some time to get going.

Haha, yeah that mage is hard to tank/avoid. 

When I saw Corrin and Marth with their Drives and Spurs, I almost could guess your approach. Great how you made Merric tank two of the main threats of this map. Didn't notice CC though and was surprised Corrin suddenly hit back when Ike attacked him. 

I like how you bring some underused vanilla skills into play, like Marths ER and pivot. Really a curious team which works really well here. 

On 6/23/2019 at 2:06 AM, Landmaster said:

So for the rerun I decided to go for a theme team I tried in the past but didn't quite get to work: Leo and Sakura Emblem!

Beautiful, go Leo and Sakura! Are they a kind of favorite pairing in Fates (didn't play)? 

Sakura just obliterates the two main threats on turn one. Only Ike needs some special treatment in the end, that's why you brought a flying nurse. 

Edited by mampfoid

On 6/23/2019 at 2:06 AM, Landmaster said:

S!Leo needed Axebreaker, H!Sakura needed Warding and Darting Stance, and HS!Sakura needed Drive Atk, the others didn't really come into play since I kinda screwed with the AI a bit, but still worked out~

Yeah, so sorry in advance for the 50 years it took to set up~

---------

Ayyee Corrin’s back with some other cool faces~ Merric got bullied a lot but was able to survive and finish off Soren. Ike VS Marth was some Smash Bros realness and him flying in to save Merric was the perfect immersion. Silas’s bulk saved the crew from Ike and that annoying refrigerator. Nice clear!

Oh nice clear. The start reminded me of my own first clear on this one. Also nice to see how you make the Leo's work. Neither are super impressive, but they work well here. Ike was a bit tricky, but Towel Sakura not eating counters made it easier.

First cheering Merric on and then flying to his aid when it gets though. Pretty in character yeah.

On 6/23/2019 at 1:04 PM, Nanima said:

@Sasori Oh yeah that blue flier is so annyoing and evil. Looks like you were able to deal with her well enough though. Merric is a tough one, though i loved when Marth jumped in to defend him from the axe cav. Ike surely proved himself tenacious as well. Luckily you were able to hold him down well enough until Silas managed to finish him off. Excellent clear, and from that side of the map as well!

Thank you. I did like Zinnia, though I can see why she may disappoint in certain areas. haha;; Not with her theme though.

Yeah, it greatly simplified things. I was surprised myself at Reyson's strength. He did get a lot of boosts to help him out though and Sakunyan helped with her dagger. Just need the right tools for the right job and even a heron can beat up Ike. haha 

No one bullies Merric on Marth's watch. Ike was pretty tanky for my not too fast team, but Silas is a nice little wall.

So much for them not being capable of harming people.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Haha, yeah that mage is hard to tank/avoid. 

When I saw Corrin and Marth with their Drives and Spurs, I almost could guess your approach. Great how you made Merric tank two of the main threats of this map. Didn't notice CC though and was surprised Corrin suddenly hit back when Ike attacked him. 

I like how you bring some underused vanilla skills into play, like Marths ER and pivot. Really a curious team which works really well here. 

I do like Curious teams and skills.

I haven't been able to get the most out of CC Corrin yet, but it does its job well enough. Marth is partly lazyness, but I do like myself some nice teleportation once in a while.

@Landmaster Not just a Leo & Sakura clear, but the seasonal variants only, impressive!  You went down the more difficult left path, and I can definitely why Halloween Sakura would have needed Darting Stance.

@mampfoid I feel like I've seen most of them in action at some point or another, but it's nice to get a visual like that.  Good luck with expanding the collection!  I feel like Tibarn will be especially useful.

Had to get creative with the armor clear.  Used two different Hectors, Zelgius, and Halloween Myrrh for this.  Brave Hector was there to double everything on either phase, Legendary Hector was because green is awesome on this map, Zelgius was for warping shenanigans, and Myrrh was for Armor March.

On 6/23/2019 at 7:04 AM, Nanima said:

@Landmaster Very cute theme clear. Seeing Sakunyan sneak in with Leon from the side looked adorable somehow. I am surprised the blue flier didn't let Soren go first to try and get at S!Leon, but I suppose neither was able to survive long enough. Definitely satisfying to see the flier go first. I am impressed by Leon's performance in general here. He did pitch in a lot of the time, while his picnic self came for the blue armour with a vengeance. Ike took a bit longer to whittle down, but the teamwork was too much for him at the end. Well done!

You sure can't. haha I am glad I was able to pull it off and make even a small map such as this look fun to clear. That's always my goal.

Yeah, haha, it was fun having them sneak in the corner~ And yeah, he got more kills than I thought he would, so that was fun XD

On 6/24/2019 at 7:44 AM, mampfoid said:

Beautiful, go Leo and Sakura! Are they a kind of favorite pairing in Fates (didn't play)? 

Sakura just obliterates the two main threats on turn one. Only Ike needs some special treatment in the end, that's why you brought a flying nurse. 

Yes, they have a really cute Support in Fates so I supported all my Leos and Sakuras together~

22 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@Landmaster Not just a Leo & Sakura clear, but the seasonal variants only, impressive!  You went down the more difficult left path, and I can definitely why Halloween Sakura would have needed Darting Stance.

Thanks! Yeah, I have Darting Stance on her A Slot actually (only Darting Stance 2) but the Res was really needed to take on both threats back to back so we just moved the Spd down to the Seal slot~

• 1 year later...