Characters and Sprites for my forum game.

Agent

I like pixel art, so I drew up a collection of sprites and made it into a Fire Emblem styled forum game.

wh6KIeD.pnghG6AV3m.pngmdbOqLN.png

hZuoX1V.pngg5j0BUo.pngLKIqruh.pngggRx0Gs.pngS5BzLC8.pngYPgMGTh.png

This is just a sample of what i've drawn. I have a lot more stored away in imgur, if you wanna see them.

I also draw weapons, cause those look cool. I give the players a bunch of free weapons as they go through the story and unlock Paralogues.

yH_wDkrXD3mRU3P5HslXCjMsoDliGsPsMARcJRJUEKexTZsTRU1htbFpOJ6PBcuSsTHLAkegcEdMnJ8oB5zdy_OeYKaRQ5w9_9zOv0snImxGRueS6kKgkPE1eDLIiMMMGYUz4VKv75seA41spJs2176-wtrbyfNO0V4qyBsGVgKTxpQWGThelVDkJUg4MRvXCYoKKQehZIO6vXS1EdfZz5YVKjL5u6vAieAET26OtrADBIKKTJjNXiYyT6onFn6GWEETQ9_u-pKk8iDTmW7oRvP-

7P66mmb55OHSj5OHew86RwpRonaOgpHURmmovOXRN450IkznSosTyjbbSZecJZ_-UUERAvMZ9Yk5hhXI-DVkafCujGKkvlMo1GIGmJRZf-Mz_cmNXBnyYTRLKYbbph99aGc0zz1drMIYXs0oQW5IW8L7M4oqA3kgrZmhI1FNVhOhs-DQkCjfY_se3gptTJLhQ1461K7YpTgsY0-jGm2dejyYTwLk8VFSljD6k4BbYFj5-yw-ugM7z8uKlYPtdFoyKgMmxjL9GH4rWKH9BSkOTSVSeE0rcVkRrEg77ddaQfnrFc6bvl_kIuBTR6yyV5uthwuMLozlNjtU7eUXk-9EiriV9zhaWuznna0WqO95

IKeyDqueD8UBR2yLsZhAVqc5SWGpZWVfOkSDlFwbg_XkH--3cvyV200Up1Ke7Gnq0GkhJo8iWXwYl1Xu1O64fZ3LNe53owIR631rHAzXtGJKqYfoBfRgOlIeeXAnPjiftbVwGZxUVMGeLVQ0JsH0JmMi_xOvTB4gRjhaoI9YBoWIkxjAOqC4MF5si7IA4X4VWT52Mvzct6xdTxmEOmlychcz5N49ZTu9P8K1NHukl9w72gqlFWg4l_Umls5XfGFJ9UuSOww8klGmXlLBY8S6lVvi

There's a whole lot more weapons that I have stored away, as you'd probably expect. I got a friend that also drew a bunch of weapons that he wanted implemented(because I wouldn't comply with his requests), so if you want you can see those too.

Oh and uhh, I also make maps, cause I gotta put the sprites somewhere. Like, here's an example.

Spoiler

JGLI0zw.png

Edited by Agent

Looks alright, well, the map looks kinda bad it I'm being honest.

A principle of map design is to make your map make sense in world. It doesn't matter if a map has a decent design if the ascetic is utterly subpar. Your map seems very confused in my opinion. It's trying to be four things at once. A location for a lighthouse, a village, a place where there is a major bridge (that apparently has hedges on it? Why, they do nothing?), and the location of an army. You could pick any two of these and combine them, and it would make for a fine concept. A lighthouse that has a ton of enemies inside? Sweet, sounds great. A village by a major bridge? A classic. A major bridge by a lighthouse? Makes logistical sense if the bridge was something like a drawbridge. I daresay you could make three of them work, but all four ends up cluttered.

I brought this up earlier, but why are there hedges in the middle of a bridge? The would struggle to grow that large on a road, much less a bridge. Even if there were somehow hedges that weren't cut down there, you know who would cut them? The soldiers, they would slice through that faster than you can say "...". Detail is important, but so is purpose. What do those three hills actually do? The player is going to be moving northward, so the three hills do basically nothing. I would complain about random house placement, but that's something FE does. What I will complain about is that horrible ballista placement. People were still operating under a non-whatever that Prussian general dude's name was way of military planning, and by proxy it means that longer range was valuable. That would be across the river. On note of that river, why is there wood along the sides of it? If it's for a dock, that is the weirdest dock I've seen.

57 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Looks alright, well, the map looks kinda bad it I'm being honest.

A principle of map design is to make your map make sense in world. It doesn't matter if a map has a decent design if the ascetic is utterly subpar. Your map seems very confused in my opinion. It's trying to be four things at once. A location for a lighthouse, a village, a place where there is a major bridge (that apparently has hedges on it? Why, they do nothing?), and the location of an army. You could pick any two of these and combine them, and it would make for a fine concept. A lighthouse that has a ton of enemies inside? Sweet, sounds great. A village by a major bridge? A classic. A major bridge by a lighthouse? Makes logistical sense if the bridge was something like a drawbridge. I daresay you could make three of them work, but all four ends up cluttered.

I brought this up earlier, but why are there hedges in the middle of a bridge? The would struggle to grow that large on a road, much less a bridge. Even if there were somehow hedges that weren't cut down there, you know who would cut them? The soldiers, they would slice through that faster than you can say "...". Detail is important, but so is purpose. What do those three hills actually do? The player is going to be moving northward, so the three hills do basically nothing. I would complain about random house placement, but that's something FE does. What I will complain about is that horrible ballista placement. People were still operating under a non-whatever that Prussian general dude's name was way of military planning, and by proxy it means that longer range was valuable. That would be across the river. On note of that river, why is there wood along the sides of it? If it's for a dock, that is the weirdest dock I've seen.

Wow. I never expected that kind of criticism, especially when I have players that don't complain that much. Maybe I should have the community judge my maps.

The map takes place in a Port Town. There's just a river there cause I wanted to make a bridge for the players to cross. Those hedges aren't like bush hedges, they're hedgehog barricades. I couldn't cram Hedgehog in the box so I shortened it(same with mountain). Hills extend magic and bow range to that of a longbow, because I rigged Magic to have a Range of 2 to my partner's dismay. Those enemies would use the hills to make long range attacks against the players, but the one on the left would probably be useless. I just put it there because I felt like it.

The ballista is just there to hamper players. When they take control of it, it'll be trash. Though when I think about it, I guess I should let players that picked archers use the ballistas against the enemies. By the way, there's also a ballista that someone somehow pulled up onto the lighthouse, as indiciated by the red range. And those wooden platforms? They're just wooden platforms. I wanted to make wooden platforms because the area was elevated above the water.

Speaking of bad map design, my partner chastised me for putting a boss on a fort in my most recent map. It was the second chapter. They were also equipped with a staff that had 15 crit, so he(was a Jagen) had to shoot the boss down. Oh, and then there's that map where I put enemies way too close to someone that had to be rescued, so I just had to flat out make them out move, and...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I made the map for the first paralogue in my forum game ever since I did a revamp of it. As you can see, the objective is to protect Alfonse from getting killed. Don't ask why he's there, he can explain at the end of the level. It's Chapter 4x, if you wanted to know.

Anyways, despite it looking like it's easy for Alfonse to get killed, it's not. Alfonse starts at Level 10, while most of the enemies are around Level 5-8, and he has 32 HP and 11 Def. He also comes equipped with the FEH Wo Dao, which increases his special damage by 10. Whenever Alfonse is attacked, he will gain +4 Def and counterattacks twice, using Moonbow(ignores 30% def) on each attack. In a nutshell, he will kill anyone that attacks him except the archers.

Enemy reinforcements will arrive every two turns up to three times, then on the eighth turn, Virion will arrive, angered for being replaced by Takumi in Heroes. Defeating Virion will end the paralogue.

There is a bonus objective to gain 600 Experience before the end of the level, making it similar to Living Legend from FE7. (Oh and btw that guy in the bottom left corner is an Assassin. Silencer is locked to a weapon so don't worry about that.)

Upon completion of the level, Alfonse will act as the Transporter until Chapter 19x.

3Js8OQa.png

Questions? Comments? ...Criticisms?

Edited by Agent
Because I can.

I though the enemy density was fairly low, but on review I think it's about the same number of enemies Lyn's Mode Chapter 4, excluding reinforcement. Similar idea, so I suppose that's decent, again, assuming there's some reinforcements. I like the cracked walls on the eastern half of the building, but I'm not exactly sure what the top-left enclave is for.