Who do you Ship with Livy? (Olivia)

ArgentSable

Who do you Ship with Livy (Olivia)?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One. Also first poll so hey.

• M!Robin
    • Chrom
    • Donnel
    • Frederick
    • Gaius
    • Gregor
    • Henry
    • Kellam
    • Libra
    • Lon'Qu
    • Ricken
    • Stahl
    • Vaike
    • Virion
    • No One

Choose 1  or none. Feel free to say why or why not cause I'm just curious. I'll probably post my opinion later on. Let a few post before I do.

Edit 1: Added No One

Edit 2: I went with M!Robin (go figure, only vote for M!Robin at the moment). Unique interactions(recruitment chapter for Inigo), and References to Robin in Fates from Inigo (also chemistry and following dreams hit my feels hard)

Edited by ArgentSable

No one because she's got god awful Henry support (default support convo thus as close to canon as you're going to get) makes her out to be a slightly manipulative individual.  Couple that with her frailty compared to Robin, her son who is one of my least favourite Awakening characters and sorry girl, you get da bench.  I don't care if your boy gets galeforce he ain't worth shite.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

11 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

No one because she's got god awful Henry support (default support convo thus as close to canon as you're going to get) makes her out to be a slightly manipulative individual.  Couple that with her frailty compared to Robin, her son who is one of my least favourite Awakening characters and sorry girl, you get da bench.  I don't care if your boy gets galeforce he ain't worth shite.

I never listen to base supports. They're normally shite for story in general and even then I don't think those are  "cannon" or close at all when there's other hints in the supports per se. (Yarne saying his dad cheats on his mom points to Virion, Donnel talkin and acting like Brady, Inigo needs to have someone whose close to Chrom or is Chrom, and since Chrom has Sumia well that leaves Fred Boi or Rob (which is up to choice), Severa is weak to sweets, etc)

But back on topic. Olivia has other good supports though. If you don't care for the "whose the father" competition (as in who makes sense regarding patternal supports) then Donnel is great, Libra is nice-ish. Lonqu is nice as well, if you want unique situations in game then Robin, maybe Chrom if you dislike Sumia, and that's about it.  There's really few bad supports with her. Chrom, Henry, Vaike, Virion, etc. Those don't make sense character wise (not gonna go into detail) and kinda aren't great for Inigo (if I recall) .

TLDR; Why've you only based your entire understanding of Olivia on a single support? It's not like they're all bad. XD

Edited by ArgentSable

17 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

I never listen to base supports. They're normally shite for story in general and even then I don't think those are  "cannon" or close at all when there's other hints in the supports per se. (Yarne saying his dad cheats on his mom points to Virion, Donnel talkin and acting like Brady, Inigo needs to have someone whose close to Chrom or is Chrom, and since Chrom has Sumia well that leaves Fred Boi or Rob (which is up to choice), Severa is weak to sweets, etc)

But back on topic. Olivia has other good supports though. If you don't care for the "whose the father" competition (as in who makes sense regarding patternal supports) then Donnel is great, Libra is nice-ish. Lonqu is nice as well, if you want unique situations in game then Robin, maybe Chrom if you dislike Sumia, and that's about it.  There's really few bad supports with her. Chrom, Henry, Vaike, Virion, etc. Those don't make sense character wise (not gonna go into detail) and kinda aren't great for Inigo (if I recall) .

TLDR; Why've you only based your entire understanding of Olivia on a single support? It's not like they're all bad. XD

I've put her through most of her supports and she just doesn't work for me.  Too frail and not as good as others.  And Inigo...the less that is said of him the better.  He is the bane and always gets the bench if I bother to get him.

3 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I've put her through most of her supports and she just doesn't work for me.  Too frail and not as good as others.  And Inigo...the less that is said of him the better.  He is the bane and always gets the bench if I bother to get him.

I see. Well, one can never account for taste.

And I could see why you'd dislike Inigo. Most of the kids took me some time honestly, mostly Owain on my end.

47 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Wait what? Why are you comparing her to Robin? Their niches are very different.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Wait what? Why are you comparing her to Robin? Their niches are very different.

Olivia comes in at a chapter where most if not all of your units are level 10 plus (even on Lunatic).  She is far too frail and not worth using because she comes at such a low level.

If Olivia was around the level 10 mark she actually wouldn't be so fucking awful, but she isn't.  If she was a little more durable that would be fine too, but no IS didn't do it.

All I'm saying is Olivia just isn't worth the time and effort.  That she has a child doesn't even make it any better because he's not worth getting until Olivia has galeforce and for a unit whose only use is refresh for Apo...again not worth it.  She's as bad as Donnel, but at least you can get him almost from the beginning of the game and can make some use out of him.

Tbh I did push Olivia in a normal run and she was an okay unit.  But I dropped her to the bench in Lunatic because she isn't worth keeping, even if she got a class change and gained some levels.  Not worth the grinding that is better spent on Robin, or Lucina or perhaps anyone else.  I just tend to use Robin as an example because they take on pretty much everything and are the most flexible unit in the game (save Morgan of course).

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Olivia comes in at a chapter where most if not all of your units are level 10 plus (even on Lunatic).  She is far too frail and not worth using because she comes at such a low level.

If Olivia was around the level 10 mark she actually wouldn't be so fucking awful, but she isn't.  If she was a little more durable that would be fine too, but no IS didn't do it.

All I'm saying is Olivia just isn't worth the time and effort.  That she has a child doesn't even make it any better because he's not worth getting until Olivia has galeforce and for a unit whose only use is refresh for Apo...again not worth it.  She's as bad as Donnel, but at least you can get him almost from the beginning of the game and can make some use out of him.

Tbh I did push Olivia in a normal run and she was an okay unit.  But I dropped her to the bench in Lunatic because she isn't worth keeping, even if she got a class change and gained some levels.  Not worth the grinding that is better spent on Robin, or Lucina or perhaps anyone else.  I just tend to use Robin as an example because they take on pretty much everything and are the most flexible unit in the game (save Morgan of course).

Ohh I get you now. Well, I guess my experience tends to be different. I have extremely good luck on level up so I've been able to consistently use her in pretty much any playthrough (Lunatic + included though that one took me a bit longer to get through).

But yeah objectively she's not great stat wise, at least not unless you pour a few reeking boxes (or the DLC traning camp) and pray to Naga (or Grima) for some good rng level ups.

My Olivia pulls her weight on Lunatic. I don't bring her every chapter, but keeping her safe and alive is nowhere near impossible. It's not even that hard with the right setup. But that's a digression.

None of Olivia's supports really do it for me, either, but... for me it's probably Stahl, I think.

11 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I don't see Donnel's availability advantage as helping him, but rather hurting him because his first chapter after recruitment has you strapped for unit slots, and you have wyverns after that.  Basically, while Donnel has more availability, it doesn't do him any good because my team is always worse off with him than without. Unless you grind, but everyone benefits from that. And there's still the matter of the Second Seal he needs - a Second Seal that could go to better units. But that's just me.

As for the question, Robin.

11 minutes ago, Zkitty8 said:

Virion and Olivia because I remember their supports being cute. Also Inigo's personality makes a lot of sense (plus I like the blue hair).

Well, don't mean to rain on anyones parade, but Inigo's philandering is Olivia's fault, actually.

Maribelle taught Olivia to hit on guys (which she didn't do anymore because she found it embarassing according to their support). Inigo mentions that Olivia's best friend (Maribelle) told her to try it with him, and he hit on girls ever since as a byproduct of Olivia taking Maribelle's advice a bit far, ridding Inigo of his regular shyness (but retaining his dancing shyness like her). That's also kinda mentioned in his father support, but to a lesser extent since the dad doesn't want his dad messing around and hitting on random girls.  So in reality, every single dumb thing he does is a byproduct of Olivia taking Maribelle's advice and making her son interact and hit on girls to try and make him less shy. Which really is quite funny.

I will say the blue hair is cool though!

Edited by ArgentSable

13 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Well, don't mean to rain on anyones parade, but Inigo's philandering is Olivia's fault, actually.

Maribelle taught Olivia to hit on guys (which she didn't do anymore because she found it embarassing according to their support). Inigo mentions that Olivia's best friend (Maribelle) told her to try it with him, and he hit on girls ever since as a byproduct of Olivia taking Maribelle's advice a bit far, ridding Inigo of his regular shyness (but retaining his dancing shyness like her). That's also kinda mentioned in his father support, but to a lesser extent since the dad doesn't want his dad messing around and hitting on random girls.  So in reality, every single dumb thing he does is a byproduct of Olivia taking Maribelle's advice and making her son interact and hit on girls to try and make him less shy. Which really is quite funny.

I will say the blue hair is cool though!

Oh that's right lol! I forgot about that support. It's still kind of funny to have Virion of all people scold Inigo for flirting with girls.

13 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah, I can see her frailty being a huge liability. You would have to keep her safe, but that could possibly take away protection from a healer. Although I usually had Lissa promoted by Ch10.

"Not worth the grinding that is better spent on Robin..." Again, she doesn't compete directly for experience, since she's most likely dancing to get experience. Although I can see how your argument works when it comes to employment slots. 

Although, in my experience, I always found dancers to be more useful on harder difficulties because I found it more beneficial to train a smaller group of elite soldiers rather than allow one more person who may take away experience away from someone else. But that has just been my experience, and not indicative of everyone's.

1 hour ago, Zkitty8 said:

Virion and Olivia because I remember their supports being cute. Also Inigo's personality makes a lot of sense (plus I like the blue hair).

I like their supports too. Although my main issue with Virion is that his father support with Inigo seems so out of character for him.

On 12/13/2018 at 5:48 PM, Dandy Druid said:

Yeah, I can see her frailty being a huge liability. You would have to keep her safe, but that could possibly take away protection from a healer. Although I usually had Lissa promoted by Ch10.

"Not worth the grinding that is better spent on Robin..." Again, she doesn't compete directly for experience, since she's most likely dancing to get experience. Although I can see how your argument works when it comes to employment slots. 

Although, in my experience, I always found dancers to be more useful on harder difficulties because I found it more beneficial to train a smaller group of elite soldiers rather than allow one more person who may take away experience away from someone else. But that has just been my experience, and not indicative of everyone's.

I like their supports too. Although my main issue with Virion is that his father support with Inigo seems so out of character for him.

Yeah they seem really out of character. That and I tend to not pair them up because Olivia in her S Support mentions how shes unsure if being with him makes sense, since she's afraid of him cheating on her (which I can't blame her for thinking).

And to be honest. I use her alot for dancing since it's super useful in the harder modes. Extremely useful in Apotheosis especially.

50 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Yeah they seem really out of character. That and I tend to not pair them up because Olivia in her S Support mentions how shes unsure if being with him makes sense, since she's afraid of him cheating on her (which I can't blame her for thinking).

And to be honest. I use her alot for dancing since it's super useful in the harder modes. Extremely useful in Apotheosis especially.

I can't blame her either.

But going on Virion's track record, she has nothing to fear. lol.